Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

Tim O (Cain) has a new, recurring role on This Is Us. His first appearance was last week, and he got honorable mention for TV Line's Performer of the Week. This article highlights how far he has come back from his massive stroke, and how far he has to go.  I'm a little sad that there will (probably) be no re-appearance of Cain in SPN, but so, so happy for Tim and his family.

• Love 4

Colin Ford is starring in a new Netflix series called "Daybreak".  The synopsis says "Navigating a post-apocalyptic world full of zombies and "Mad Max"-style gangs, a teenage outcast searches for his lost love".  One of the characters name is Sam Dean.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Also, Robert Wisdom aka Uriel is in Watchmen., which is one wild ass ride that I am here for. 

Look for my current hometown's downtown! In case it's a spoiler, I'll put it in spoiler quotes:

Spoiler

They turned our downtown into a Vietnamese neighborhood (I think) for a almost a week to film for the show.

• Love 2

I started watching the original XFiles.  I have never watched it, but I finally wanted to see what ll the fuss was about.  I'm at this episode in season 1.  This one guy is on screen and I'm thinking he really looks familiar, but I don't know where I've seen him.  Then I watch the opening credits. It was Mark Sheppard.  He was so young.  I don't know if I would have known who he was if I hadn't seen his name. 

• Love 4

If anyone has checked out "The Mandalorian", the new live-action Star Wars show, Emily Swallow aka Amara is in it. Since she plays a Mandalorian character called "Armorer" and those guys never take of their helmets, you won`t see her face but her voice was instantly recognizable to me.  

Of course the show also birthed the cutest new internet star. 😍

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

If anyone has checked out "The Mandalorian", the new live-action Star Wars show, Emily Swallow aka Amara is in it. Since she plays a Mandalorian character called "Armorer" and those guys never take of their helmets, you won`t see her face but her voice was instantly recognizable to me.  

Of course the show also birthed the cutest new internet star. 😍

Oh my gosh yes, talk about CUTE!  But I didn't notice she was the Armorer so that's awesome, having a role on this show and while not a big role, it's an important one.

• Love 2
On 10/29/2019 at 4:23 PM, Commando Cody said:

I started watching the original XFiles.  I have never watched it, but I finally wanted to see what ll the fuss was about.  I'm at this episode in season 1.  This one guy is on screen and I'm thinking he really looks familiar, but I don't know where I've seen him.  Then I watch the opening credits. It was Mark Sheppard.  He was so young.  I don't know if I would have known who he was if I hadn't seen his name. 

Yes. MS is in a s 1 episode. I love the X-Files.  There is also a 2 season reboot and 2 movies. There are several episodes in the 2nd season of the reboot which are worth checking out. 

On 10/22/2019 at 10:02 PM, SueB said:

I thought I recognized him. He has gotten very skinny for that. All of the con work paid off.

On 10/14/2019 at 3:50 PM, ukgirl71 said:

I wished Jared good luck with the show, and his reply, that it wasn't picked up yet, seemed kinda tense from his tone of voice.  I told him it would be, cos I wanted to lift his spirits - in that brief moment, it felt like he needed a boost.

I wondered if drunk, disorderly and violent was going to affect the outcome of that...

• Love 1
On 10/29/2019 at 3:23 PM, Commando Cody said:

I recognized Mitch Pileggi right away as he is also in this.  I have been watching kind of passively.  A new guy showed up as a semi regular. I thought he looked familiar. Than I suddenly realized it was Rufus. 

9 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I recognized Mitch Pileggi right away as he is also in this.  I have been watching kind of passively.  A new guy showed up as a semi regular. I thought he looked familiar. Than I suddenly realized it was Rufus. 

Mitch has a major role. Rufus replaced Deep Throat (Mulder's first inside source)  after he was killed I believe. I watched it in real time.

Edited by Castiels Cat

Bobby was in Young Sheldon.  And he was in a cemetery. He said he was there to visit his dead wife, but I'm sure that was just cover and he'll be back later to dig up a grave for a salt and burn.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 11/30/2019 at 4:24 PM, Commando Cody said:

I hope you're enjoying your X-Files watch. It's my all time favorite show and in addition to Mitch Pileggi and Steven Williams you'll also see Nicolas Lea ( Elliot Ness ) who's a semi regular. I've also noticed a lot of actors in small supporting roles pop in up random SPN episodes,

• Love 1

Taylor Cole (Sarah from "Provenance") has the leading role in a Hallmark channel movie tonight.  Those gooey romance films are not my thing, but it's called "Matching Hearts" if you're curious.

I was watching an old (season 4) episode of Stargate: SG1 the other night, and it took me a while to realize that the very dignified General Vidrine was actually Rufus (Steven Williams).  

• Love 1

I have been watching 3rd Rock From the Sun.  I don't know why.  Anyway season 4 comes around.  A much younger Jim Beaver appears, occasionally, as the bar owner.  I didn't recognize him.  I saw his name in the credits and wondered which character he played.  He showed up, briefly, in other episodes.  That's when I figured out which character he was.  I don't really pay much attention to this show.  The characters are off the charts annoying. 

On 2/6/2020 at 2:02 PM, DeeDee79 said:

I hope you're enjoying your X-Files watch. It's my all time favorite show and in addition to Mitch Pileggi and Steven Williams you'll also see Nicolas Lea ( Elliot Ness ) who's a semi regular. I've also noticed a lot of actors in small supporting roles pop in up random SPN episodes,

A very young Mark Sheppard is a s 1 X-File.

• Love 1

I watched the two Crossing Jordan episodes on Saturday. The first one had a young Mark Pelligrino (Lucifer) as a sleazy thug questioned by Woody (Jerry O'Connell). And the second episode had Curtis Armstrong (Metatron) as Herb, "The Punisher," a dom with a heart of gold. (He was fun and adorable in that part.)

1 hour ago, patty1h said:

Just spotted Aldis Hodge (Jake from S2) in the commercial for the new movie "The Invisible Man".

He was EXCELLENT in that film.  And ripped.  His shoulders were much larger than ‘Jakes’.  

It is funny how several actors from Leverage have been on Supernatural.  But Leverage was one show I enjoyed to the end.  The last season was the weakest but still enjoyable.  May have to check out "The Invisible Man". 

Not sure if "The Invisible Man" is kind of a remake of an old 70's TV show that bombed.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

Not sure if "The Invisible Man" is kind of a remake of an old 70's TV show that bombed.

I assume they're both based (very loosely) on the H.G. Wells novel.  Not that the new movie seems to have much in common with it except the basic idea of scientist becoming invisible.

The Gemini Man stared Ben Murphy and it was based on Wells

The series was conceived as a second attempt to adapt H G Wells' The Invisible Man into a spy series, following the first failed attempt starring David McCallum the previous season (The Invisible Man (1975)).

It also bombed but I think it was due to the day it aired.  I just remember a piece of it as a kid.

funny the things you can find on the internet, what did we do before this thing called the internet?  🙂

Edited by 7kstar

Yeah, because you can't have a series based on someone becoming invisible unless he *does* something with it (like become a spy). There was also an earlier (ca. 1950s) tv show. 

I think the David McCallum one just had him fighting crime (because the government wanted to use his formula for war and spying...)  Different times.  

Hey--maybe now they can make it into a sitcom--like a normal man who becomes invisible every time he gets angry (or wants to spy on his kids). ☺️

• LOL 1
On 2/24/2020 at 12:30 AM, AwesomO4000 said:

I watched the two Crossing Jordan episodes on Saturday. The first one had a young Mark Pelligrino (Lucifer) as a sleazy thug questioned by Woody (Jerry O'Connell). And the second episode had Curtis Armstrong (Metatron) as Herb, "The Punisher," a dom with a heart of gold. (He was fun and adorable in that part.)

Mark Pellegrino is in the Big Lebowski. He is one of the two guys that show up to Lebowski's place in the beginning and get the ball rolling.

Seems like Mark Pellegrino used to be in everything. I would re-watch some old series that showed up on Netflix - like 'Person of Interest'.  I remembered the episode he was in, but at the time, I didn't know who Mark Pellegrino was.  I would retro-recognize him - as a guest star - when I watched the series after I knew who he was. 

Same thing happened with Jon Cho.  He was in a season 1 episode of 'Charmed'. I didn't know who Jon Cho was, but I remember the episode. After Jon Cho got more well known, I happened to watch the 'Charmed' episode again.  

I would have recognized Misha Collins in the 'Charmed' episode if I had watched the episode before the posters here would mention his episode whenever it re-ran. 

I got a little off what I was saying about Mark Pellegrino.  He was a guest actor in so many series.  I generally remember his episodes. When I watch it again I realize the actor was Mark.  

If anyone has ever watched the 'Leverage' episode "The Rashomon Job", seeing actors in old tv shows that you didn't recognize then, but do now, is kind of like what they went through. 

• Love 1
On 2/29/2020 at 2:07 PM, SueB said:

He was EXCELLENT in that film.  And ripped.  His shoulders were much larger than ‘Jakes’.  

Agree on both points! I didn't notice this here in the thread and it took me a few minutes to place him. He was really good in the role. I enjoyed the movie all around - quite suspenseful. Even if the ending was predictable, there were a few genuine OMG moments of surprise. Elisabeth Moss is excellent as always.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I got a little off what I was saying about Mark Pellegrino.  He was a guest actor in so many series.  I generally remember his episodes. When I watch it again I realize the actor was Mark.  

He was awesome in The Closer. I saw him on that before I started watching Supernatural. 

Amy Acker was on an episode of 'How I Met Your Mother'.  She was teaching Ted how to do a rain dance.  I have seen this episode a couple of times before.  I didn't realize until today that the girl was Amy Acker. 

I also just saw her on a season 1 episode of 'Grimm'. 

She was also a regular on 'Person of Interest'.  I just finished the series again.  I found the final few episodes of season five to be kind of "current". 

15 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

He was awesome in The Closer. I saw him on that before I started watching Supernatural. 

BuckLemming & Co made me hate (and I mean hate hate, not love to hate) Lucifer so much it affected my appreciation of the actor. 

• Love 3