Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, SueB said:

Saw an interview w/ Milo Ventimiglia. He said at 43 he was told he was too old to play Batman. https://variety.com/2019/film/podcasts/milo-ventimiglia-is-okay-after-warner-bros-told-him-he-was-too-old-to-play-batman-art-racing-in-rain-1203288346/

Doesn't bode well for Jensen on carrying a WB franchise. 

All respect to Milo, but his 42 and Jensen's 41 do not look the same. Like, at all.

Maybe Jensen is 'too old' for a CW Batman, but that's all.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

All respect to Milo, but his 42 and Jensen's 41 do not look the same. Like, at all.

Maybe Jensen is 'too old' for a CW Batman, but that's all.

Ben Affleck took on Batman at 40 as did Michael Keaton. Jensen is the right age for the older Batman. Also, Milo is nowhere close to having the talent and screen charisma that Jensen has IMO.

• Love 4

I don't disagree (regarding Jensen vs Milo).  I'm thinking more about the number crunchers at the WB.  They want a 10 year Batman.  Jensen playing Batman at 51 could work but that's them putting faith in him when there are a gazillion others out there.  

Pattison is a horrible choice IMO because I mentally can't get that glitter off and vacant look out of my mind.  But the WB could easily find a 'good' but not franchise-carrying role for Jensen.  I don't WANT that.  I want him to have a huge, successful career.  But if he's not tied to a single franchise, maybe he'll get more options.  Think George Clooney (yes, I know he was Batman but that's not what we remember him for).  

On Chris Heyerdahl's IMDb page, this shows up under "Trivia":

"He was praised by his former Supernatural (2005) co-star, Jensen Ackles, at the LA Supernatural Convention in 2011. Ackles says that during the torture scene of Christopher's character "Alastair", Ackles was thinking "Wow, I'm totally being out-acted here", after that Ackles turns to the audience and asks them "I mean, wasn't he good?" The audience replies with massive applause."

• Love 2

I think that Alastair and Julian R's Death were the most menacing baddies that this show has ever given us. 

That said, Jensen is being way, WAY! too self-deprecating when/if he said that he was being out-acted in that scene, because he(and Dean) went toe-to-toe with Alastair there and in all ways, IMO.

Taking the rest to the Dean thread because I think it fits there better.

Edited by Myrelle
Revision
  • Love 1

Just saw Jim Beaver in episode 8 of Kripke's new show "The Boys", playing a senator (I think). 

The next day I was watching the trailer for the new Disney/Star Wars series "The Mandalorian";  various cast members were named and after I heard the name Emily Swallow, it seemed familiar.  I looked it up - she is the actress who played Amara, God's sister.

Edited by patty1h
On 9/3/2019 at 2:53 PM, Commando Cody said:

I was following IMDB while watching 'The Boys', his name in the series was Robert Singer. 

I loved that, even mentioned it in The Boys thread.

Late on the uptake but, I just realized that David Haydn-Jones (Ketch) is Aaron Rodgers "Agent" in those State Farm commercials

I've been binging Lucifer the last few weeks and had to smile when I saw Tim Omundson in an episode as God. Very fitting.

Of course later they brought on Cain and cast Tom Welling.

And really, this is how you do a Lucifer redemption if you must.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1

I'm glad that Jared is ready to jump into a new role and this particular one would have the advantage of filming in Texas. That would mean no more months spent away from his family while working. For a man with young children, that's the best possible option. Judging from what I've been reading, both the CW and CBS are expressing interest in picking up the show so it looks likely (at this stage) that things will move forward.

I think that neither Jared nor Jensen will have any problems landing work if they want it. They've proven their abilities to carry a series for an extended period and are both well regarded in the industry. Hopefully we'll get news soon about what Jensen has lined up for when Supernatural ends.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I'm glad that Jared is ready to jump into a new role and this particular one would have the advantage of filming in Texas. That would mean no more months spent away from his family while working. For a man with young children, that's the best possible option. Judging from what I've been reading, both the CW and CBS are expressing interest in picking up the show so it looks likely (at this stage) that things will move forward.

I think that neither Jared nor Jensen will have any problems landing work if they want it. They've proven their abilities to carry a series for an extended period and are both well regarded in the industry. Hopefully we'll get news soon about what Jensen has lined up for when Supernatural ends.

It's highly unusual that announcements are made for actors before the previous show even wrapped. So I wouldn't expect any kind of announcement for Jensen for the foreseeable future. I don't expect him to even be actively looking right now, maybe take some cursory glances at scripts during Pilot Season but no announcements.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

It's highly unusual that announcements are made for actors before the previous show even wrapped. So I wouldn't expect any kind of announcement for Jensen for the foreseeable future. I don't expect him to even be actively looking right now, maybe take some cursory glances at scripts during Pilot Season but no announcements.

My guess is that the people behind the reboot want to use the interest in Supernatural's final season in order to sell the project to a network. I've seen plenty of actors announce new projects while they're finishing another so this doesn't phase me at all. Jared, Jensen and Supernatural are getting a lot of publicity right now and it would make sense to take advantage of it.

As for Jensen, like I said, if he wants to act after Supernatural ends I don't think he's going to struggle to find work. I'm thinking that he may want to focus more on the production side since he enjoys directing and that would give him more flexibility to spend time with his family. Fortunately both of them are highly marketable actors and have a lot of professional good will. We haven't seen the last of either of them.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Actors announce their next projects all the time - Amell just did it and he is still filming. We will get more soon I believe. 

There is a convention this weekend. I'm guessing there will be some talk about this project. Maybe Jensen will hint at something as well.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Casseiopeia said:

There is a convention this weekend. I'm guessing there will be some talk about this project. Maybe Jensen will hint at something as well.

I'd be happily amazed if Jensen did hint (or announce) anything, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't 'steal Jared's thunder'. I anticipate an all-Jared, all-the-time event.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'd be happily amazed if Jensen did hint (or announce) anything, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't 'steal Jared's thunder'. I anticipate an all-Jared, all-the-time event.

Did the album drop yet? I haven't heard anything.

19 hours ago, SueB said:

I like his choice.  Pleased he’ll be leading another show.  I think he’s striking while the iron is hot and its a good move.  I know I’ll watch.

Me too! I hate to say it but I wasn't a fan of the original Texas Walker but will differently tune in to watch Jared's version.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Saw that! Nice surprise. Of the new network fare I've sampled so far, Evil has been the one I liked the most.

Cool, I was going to watch last night, but was too tired and worried it would scare me so close to bedtime (I know, I know), so will watch at some point this weekend. I've been looking forward to it. It sounds good.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Cool, I was going to watch last night, but was too tired and worried it would scare me so close to bedtime (I know, I know), so will watch at some point this weekend. I've been looking forward to it. It sounds good.

There are some genuinely creepy scenes. I won't spoil it, but you'll know them when you see them. Good characters, a little twist on the trope. Don't know if the show will survive being on CBS at 10 pm, but my husband and I thought it was really good.

On 9/24/2019 at 12:04 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

I anticipate an all-Jared, all-the-time event.

And this is why I can't watch the convention videos any more and will most likely not watch his new Walker show.  His personality has become off-putting for me.  I can't put my finger on why exactly but there it is.  

• Love 3
On 10/9/2019 at 6:47 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Watching my DVR of Bluff City Law (love me some Jimmy Smits) and who is the guest lawyer of the week? Steven Williams (aka Rufus Turner). He really is a good actor.

Supernatural has always been good at choosing actors - even the child actors have been impressive. The lame actors who get cast on the show are generally the one-off crossroad demon women.  I think they are chosen on looks and not acting. 

And probably their scale appearance fee. 

4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I really liked the one in All Hell Breaks Loose 2.

Yeah, I’m over here fanning myself because that kiss between her and Dean...so hot!!!  I read or saw somewhere that Jensen and the actress knew each other before the episode.

18 minutes ago, SueB said:

Jared’s new show ordered straight to series on the CW!

https://deadline.com/2019/10/walker-texas-ranger-reboot-starring-jared-padalecki-the-cw-reimagening-chuck-norris-1202758080/

I’m happy for him.  I wonder how many episodes?   

Great news for Jared--though reading Deadline they say Walker is a strong contender for being picked up BUT it's not ordered straight to series...at least from my reading.

I can see Pedowitz hoping it will hold onto at least a part of the SPN audience. So he might take it "blind" for at least a half Season.

If they want a Pilot first and then want the show for the 2020/21 line-up, that`s a problem with scheduling.

Now I want to know something about Jensen, too, even though it`s unreasonable to expect it at this point. I just wouldn`t want to see him at the CW anymore, hopefully more cable or streaming.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jakes said:

Great news for Jared--though reading Deadline they say Walker is a strong contender for being picked up BUT it's not ordered straight to series...at least from my reading.

No, it's "in development" - which means they successfully shopped it to CW to pay for the pilot, which is the first step. So it's still just a pilot order, not a series, and the CW will make a determination once they have all their pilots ready to be screened for possible pick-up in the spring.

• Useful 1

I sincerely wonder how Jared will fare without Jensen on set to balance him. The CW is undoubtedly the safest place for him since they, more than any other network, tend to give their shows time to find an audience seemingly regardless of ratings, and keep some around long past what their ratings would normally merit.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SueB said:

Jared’s new show ordered straight to series on the CW!

https://deadline.com/2019/10/walker-texas-ranger-reboot-starring-jared-padalecki-the-cw-reimagening-chuck-norris-1202758080/

I’m happy for him.  I wonder how many episodes?   

If it is being picked up by CW does that mean it will be filmed in VC? I'm guessing it will be like The 100 a half season. I can't imagine Jared wanting to jump back into a 23 episode show.

With the producers they have behind this project I think it probably has a good chance

On 10/11/2019 at 7:34 PM, PAForrest said:

No, it's "in development" - which means they successfully shopped it to CW to pay for the pilot, which is the first step. So it's still just a pilot order, not a series, and the CW will make a determination once they have all their pilots ready to be screened for possible pick-up in the spring.

Yes--that was essentially what I said in it NOT being picked up to series.  BUT they also say in the article in these early days because of the like the CW has for Jared, it is one of the leaders to be picked up. Of course at this point nothing is a sure thing.

Edited by Jakes

If they didn't order it straight to series "blind", they likely want to see a Pilot first. Problem is, those are usually shot in November. Way back when both Jensen and Jared were freed up from Smallville and GG to do the SPN Pilot. Not a problem then but schedule-wise a bit of a pickle now.

I wished Jared good luck with the show, and his reply, that it wasn't picked up yet, seemed kinda tense from his tone of voice.  I told him it would be, cos I wanted to lift his spirits - in that brief moment, it felt like he needed a boost.

1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

If they didn't order it straight to series "blind", they likely want to see a Pilot first. Problem is, those are usually shot in November. Way back when both Jensen and Jared were freed up from Smallville and GG to do the SPN Pilot. Not a problem then but schedule-wise a bit of a pickle now.

It won't be a problem with this writing crew. They'll just write that Sam and Dean finally decided to go visit the Grand Canyon for a week or two. That gives them even more time to showcase Jack - problem solved.

• Love 1