Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

On 4/11/2018 at 3:28 PM, Commando Cody said:

One of today's episodes of Monk had Steve Valentine. I like when he guest stars on a series and they let him be a magician. He was in an episode of House as a magician as well. A few years ago, he was a guest on America's Got Talent as a mentor to one of the magic acts. 

I remember Steve Valentine playing a magician and former boyfriend of Nina's (the former model) in an episode of Just Shoot Me (an underrated show, I think). He was a lot of fun in that episode. Full magician attire with cape, etc. and his usual charming self. The running gag of the episode was "He's not gay. He's just British." (the layered humor being that they pretty much ignored the cape, grandiosity, flash and such. Hee. I loved that show's weird sense of humor.)

Of course my favorite Steve Valentine role will always be Nigel in Crossing Jordan. I loved that show. (And I see a lot of similarities between Jordan and Dean.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I remember Steve Valentine playing a magician and former boyfriend of Nina's (the former model) in an episode of Just Shoot Me (an underrated show, I think). He was a lot of fun in that episode. Full magician attire with cape, etc. and his usual charming self. The running gag of the episode was "He's not gay. He's just British." (the layered humor being that they pretty much ignored the cape, grandiosity, flash and such. Hee. I loved that show's weird sense of humor.)

I remember that episode. I don't know what it is about Steve Valentine, but he seems to make every show he shows up in, better. 

• Love 1

Pellegrino* has a key role in the new movie "Beruit".  And he has some outstanding scenes with Jon Hamm.  It's an excellent movie. If you know nothing about the mideast, this movie does a good job of providing a fictional tale that correctly captures some of the long-standing players.  It set in the 1980's but it's still relevant.

Two thumbs up.

Thoughts on Pellegrino from this movie: dude is BIG compared to Jon Hamm.  I always thought Jon Hamm was big compared to his castmates on Mad Men.  Pellegrino has him on height and weight.  Comments from Jensen about his boxing and I can imagine why Jensen was genuinely alarmed at a fight scene with the dude.  Weird how big these people seem on screen til you see them in real life or have them in comparison to other people you've seen in real life.  I haven't see Mark P in real life but I can compare him to J2 and then extrapolate to Jon Hamm and others.  

*Pellegrino is a good actor.  He wasn't an asshole in this movie. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, patty1h said:

I look up to my TV; the soap opera "General Hospital" is on and I spy a familiar face - the actor who played Leviathan leader Dick Roman is working on GH.

And Young John (Matt Cohen) is also on it (He and Dick Roman are enemies).  Domenic Zaprogna who played one of the vamps in Dead Man's Blood is on it. Tamara Braun who played Cindy on the Trial and Error episode is on it.  

• Love 1
On 3/31/2018 at 10:25 PM, bethy said:

X-File marathon on BBCAmerica today and just hit “Fire” with a VERY young Mark Sheppard playing the monster-of-the-week. He was awesome 25 years ago, and he’s awesome today.

I saw that too and took a picture of the screen. So funny. He burst into flames!

I found Buffy the Vampire Slayer - the series on the Pop channel today. ER came on after. I didn't really have an interest in watching, but I've built up a lot of delayed time. I got into an episode that was on. Misha Collins was in it. 

Cybill was a television series that ran from 1995-1998. I found it on Amazon and started watching it again. I got to - close to the end of season 3 - when Cybill goes to a wedding. The groom walks up to Cybill and I'm staring at him and realizing, holy crap he's Jensen Ackles. I barely recognized him. He was so young. He had those longer hair strands hanging in his face. This is the first time I have, randomly, seen either Sam or Dean in any other roles. 

I guess I should modify that. I did see Jared in a remake of Friday the 13th or some movie like that. I've never randomly caught either of them in a guest role - when they were younger. 

5 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

Cybill was a television series that ran from 1995-1998. I found it on Amazon and started watching it again. I got to - close to the end of season 3 - when Cybill goes to a wedding. The groom walks up to Cybill and I'm staring at him and realizing, holy crap he's Jensen Ackles. I barely recognized him. He was so young. He had those longer hair strands hanging in his face. This is the first time I have, randomly, seen either Sam or Dean in any other roles. 

Such a baby!

O/T, so many young(er) faces in this clip. Peter Krause, Mimi Kennedy. And it's funny because I just posted ahead of you about The Good Fight, which stars Christine Baranski, Cybill Sheppard's co-star in Cybill.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Such a baby!

O/T, so many young(er) faces in this clip. Peter Krause, Mimi Kennedy.

And semi-fun fact, the girl that plays Rachel in this clip, Deedee Pfeiffer (sp?) played Kate Milligan/ghoul in Jump the Shark.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Katy M said:

And semi-fun fact, the girl that plays Rachel in this clip, Deedee Pfeiffer (sp?) played Kate Milligan/ghoul in Jump the Shark.

Alicia Witt played the younger daughter on Cybill. I think she was in an episode of Supernatural not that long ago. I often get Alicia mixed up with the younger daughter on Eight Simple Rules. They both had red hair and similar story lines regarding the first time they had sex. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Commando Cody said:

Alicia Witt played the younger daughter on Cybill. I think she was in an episode of Supernatural not that long ago.

She was Lily Sunder last season.

I found all of Eureka on Amazon Prime and started watching that again. It's nice to have more than the last two seasons like it did on Netflix. That must have been another show that was filmed in Vancouver - or the vicinity of Vancouver anyway. Eureka shared many actors with Supernatural. 

• Love 1

Jared has a kinda cameo The Disaster Artist. I watched on a plane flight yesterday, so I had a hard time hearing all of the dialog. Greg (Dave Franco) & his girlfriend watch the pilot of Gilmore Girls on TV: “I auditioned for that. I’m better looking than that guy, don’t you think?”

3 hours ago, auntvi said:

Jared has a kinda cameo The Disaster Artist. I watched on a plane flight yesterday, so I had a hard time hearing all of the dialog. Greg (Dave Franco) & his girlfriend watch the pilot of Gilmore Girls on TV: “I auditioned for that. I’m better looking than that guy, don’t you think?”

I watched a con recently where he talked about this. He said he had to sign something that stated he wouldn’t sue for defamation. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

I watched a con recently where he talked about this. He said he had to sign something that stated he wouldn’t sue for defamation. 

We live in a crazy world where you have to sign disclaimers for not suing for defamation for something that doesn't even come close to touching defamation.  Because people would just try to tie up the courts with that.

9 minutes ago, Katy M said:

We live in a crazy world where you have to sign disclaimers for not suing for defamation for something that doesn't even come close to touching defamation.  Because people would just try to tie up the courts with that.

Yep, so they can’t take a chance that the actor is a reasonable person who would laugh about it. It makes me wonder if they got Dean Cain to sign something due to the “compliments” in The French Mistake. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bearcatfan said:

Yep, so they can’t take a chance that the actor is a reasonable person who would laugh about it. It makes me wonder if they got Dean Cain to sign something due to the “compliments” in The French Mistake. 

I don't think so.   They did commentary on that and Robert Singer said he was wondering if Dean was going to call him about that, but he never heard anything from him.

• Love 1

Just saw a commercial for a cellphone service called Simple Mobile and I'm 90% sure that it's Gil McKinney (young Henry Winchester) as the spokesman.  He looks so different in modern clothing/haircut.

• Love 1

Saw Deadpool2 tonight (which was freakin' awesome, btw) and I saw not one, but two trailers for movies with Sterling K. Brown featured in them. He is really the It boy of the moment. Good for him! 

• Love 1
On 5/18/2018 at 9:03 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Saw Deadpool2 tonight (which was freakin' awesome, btw) and I saw not one, but two trailers for movies with Sterling K. Brown featured in them. He is really the It boy of the moment. Good for him! 

Interesting that you should bring SKB up because I was watching "Hunted" the other day and it really struck me how good his scenes with Jensen are - because their performances were equal in quality. In other words, I feel that Jensen is every bit as good an actor as Sterling and could be having a similar career if not for his choice to stay on Supernatural. I am very happy for Sterling's success but wish I could feel that same way about Jensen at this juncture.

• Love 2
(edited)

I’d forgotten Richard Speight was in Band if Brothers. And yet here he is. Marathon on HBO, if anyone is interested.

Edited by bethy

Dylan Minnette (Lost, 13 Reasons) is in Family Remains as the young son. 

Danny: You hunt ghosts?

Dean: That's right.

Danny: Like Scooby Doo?!

Dean: Better.

Me: Hee!

(edited)
35 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I re-watched old episodes of the Tick. The original 2001 series only had nine episodes. I didn't know who this was until I saw his name in the credits. 

destroyo.jpg

I'm not gonna peek because I feel like it'd be cheating but is it Gil Mckinney (sp) ?

Edited I peeked, is that really Kurt Fuller or does cheating really not pay?

Edited by trxr4kids
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I re-watched old episodes of the Tick. The original 2001 series only had nine episodes. I didn't know who this was until I saw his name in the credits. 

destroyo.jpg

I love that episode! Kurt Fuller is so versatile.

• Love 2

I caught an older episode ( season 4 ) of Criminal Minds today. Mark Pellegrino was the police lieutenant that worked with the BAU on the case. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed him in that episode. It was weird not having the urge to roll my eyes and yell at the screen when he appeared.

• Love 1

Last night I re-watched "My Bloody Valentine" (too hot to be outside) and couldn't believe how young Jensen looks in this even though I watch early seasons on a regular basis. Maybe it was his hair and voice (which is his natural voice), clean shaven. IDK, but wow!

• Love 2
On 4/21/2018 at 9:23 PM, SueB said:

Pellegrino* has a key role in the new movie "Beruit".  And he has some outstanding scenes with Jon Hamm.  It's an excellent movie. If you know nothing about the mideast, this movie does a good job of providing a fictional tale that correctly captures some of the long-standing players.  It set in the 1980's but it's still relevant.

Two thumbs up.

Thoughts on Pellegrino from this movie: dude is BIG compared to Jon Hamm.  I always thought Jon Hamm was big compared to his castmates on Mad Men.  Pellegrino has him on height and weight.  Comments from Jensen about his boxing and I can imagine why Jensen was genuinely alarmed at a fight scene with the dude.  Weird how big these people seem on screen til you see them in real life or have them in comparison to other people you've seen in real life.  I haven't see Mark P in real life but I can compare him to J2 and then extrapolate to Jon Hamm and others.  

*Pellegrino is a good actor.  He wasn't an asshole in this movie. 

Was surprised at how big MP was. This pic was at SPNORL in January with Misha and me, and my hubby and MP. My hubby is almost 6ft1, and it seems Mark is towering over him. I love how this pic came out though. :)

7A50FC20-DBE3-45FA-93D3-13BEEB488214.jpeg

• Love 3

Youtube has previews of the upcoming network TV shows for 2018; I noticed a familiar face on a FOX pilot.  The actress who played Tamara in S3 "The Magnificent Seven" is in a show called "The Passage", which looks pretty intense.

Watched War for the Planet of the Apes tonight.  (Great film IMO)

It was one big SPN alumni fest! 

Ty Olsson: Benny, played a gorilla named Donkey.  He was terrific in that part. 

Aleks Paunovic : Beyond the Mat

Karin Kanoval : Family Remains.

Michael Adamthwaite: Security Guard in Girl with the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo and Unfinished Business in s13

Max Lloyd-Jones: In the Beginning

Chad Rook: Zachariah 2.0, Good Intentions - Citizen Fang, Mommy Dearest

Dean Redman: Everybody Loves a Clown

The Charmed episode "Witches In Tights" is on this morning. I was a regular Charmed watcher in it's first run. I've seen this episode a few times. This is the first time, watching this episode, that I recognized Mark Shephard.  He was so young, I barely recognized him. I think he was also trying to speak with an American accent. 

• Love 1

Kudos to Kathryn Newman (Claire) - I'm seeing her name in more and more projects.   She's getting a lot of roles in classy movies with big name stars:  she's in a movie starring Julia Roberts that's coming out in November. 

She's moving on up, like Sterling K. Brown (Gordon Walker).

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1

Ok so I just binged The 4400 on Netflix. Excellent show! I don’t know how I’ve not seen it before, it’s like 11 years old, but I loved it. Anyhoo, it was shot in Vancouver and they must have a seriously small supply of actors, because just about every episode guest starred a supernatural alum (Zachariah, Cassie, strange haired demon, Ishim...the list goes on and on). In fact, Samantha Ferris was a main character for like 2 seasons!

• Love 3

Not sure where to put this tidbit, but Leah Cairns (Julie Hudson from Crossroad Blues) is in Vancouver today and is definitely not able to confirm that she's been cast as another character in Season 14 and begins filming this week.