Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

I am watching a Mystery Woman marathon on the Hallmark channel. Not really my thing, but there was nothing else on and it gets difficult to change the channel after you built up some dvr time. The episode is on now, as I have almost caught up on my dvr. 

Felicia Day is in the episode called 'Vision of a Murder'. Her character is the one who sees the visions. 

it was interesting to realize while watching Supernatural on Thursday night that the "Most Holy Man" was Designer #2 on The Assassination Of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story Wednesday night.  

• Love 3

A Garage Sale Mystery came on after Psych, this evening. I was passively watching it. I happened to look up during some scene and saw Lori Loughlin talking to Rose Thompson from the Playthings episode. She isn't credited, on imdb, in this Deadly Room episode. I had to look her up on the Supernatural episode. It looks like she shows up in another Garage Sale Mystery as well. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Watching Season one of Arrow and a wild Tahmoh Penikett appeared! 

Really? I'll have to go back and rewatch. That's my favorite season of Arrow.

3 minutes ago, Res said:

Really? I'll have to go back and rewatch. That's my favorite season of Arrow.

He appears in episode seven :) . This is my first watch so I don’t know for definite but I’m assuming

Arrow season one spoiler 

Spoiler

From the fact that he dies at the end it’s strictly a one off appearance. 

Edited by Wayward Son
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

He appears in episode seven :) . This is my first watch so I don’t know for definite but I’m assuming

Arrow season one spoiler 

Reveal hidden contents

From the fact that he dies at the end it’s strictly a one off appearance. 

OH wait, I was thinking of another SPN alumnus. Not Tahmoh. WHOOPS.  I can't wait till you meet the other one. You should have by now anyway....

Edited by catrox14
5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

OH wait, I was thinking of another SPN alumnus. Not Tahmoh. WHOOPS.  I can't wait till you meet the other one. You should have by now anyway....

I’ve met Katie Cassidy / Laurel haha.

@catrox14 I didn’t think to post in here because I knew going into the show she was a star lol. 

Edited by Wayward Son
Cus clarifications is always good.

X-File marathon on BBCAmerica today and just hit “Fire” with a VERY young Mark Sheppard playing the monster-of-the-week. He was awesome 25 years ago, and he’s awesome today.

• Love 5

I was watching the Psych episode, Shawn Rescues Darth Vadar, this morning. Mercury from Hammer of the Gods was in it.  I looked up the actor, John Emmet Tracy's, IMDB page. I didn't recognize him when he was on Supernatural again this season. He was John Driscoll in The Big Empty. 

Sterling K. Brown was on last night’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins a guest star Emmy for it. He played off of Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher perfectly.

16 hours ago, Jeddah said:

Sterling K. Brown was on last night’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins a guest star Emmy for it. He played off of Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher perfectly.

Dude is like gold these days.

• Love 1
(edited)
34 minutes ago, SueB said:

Dude is like gold these days.

I love SKB. He's a terrific actor and he totally deserves all the kudos he's getting. But I gotta say, if you'd asked me at the time which of these two actors would have a shelf full of awards one day, he isn't the one I would've chosen.

skbja.JPG

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I love SKB. He's a terrific actor and he totally deserves all the kudos he's getting. But I gotta say, if you'd asked me at the time which of these two actors would have a shelf full of awards one day, he isn't the one I would've chosen.

skbja.JPG

He must have a great agent.

I had an hour to kill today before I had to work, and decided to put on a CSI episode.  Pretty much at random I picked season 7 and an episode called "Fannysmackin'" which I couldn't remember what it was about (was going to watch the one after it, but once I saw some nuns walking into a church I had a feeling that I didn't like that episode and went one prior).  Halfway through it who should show up but Bobby!  Greg manages to intervene in him getting beaten up by a pack of people. 

The episode originally aired in Oct 2006, which is the same timeframe as beginning of Supernatural's S2.  In fact this episode aired the same night as "Bloodlust".

I know I've seen other random folks in random CSI episodes here and there, but I tell ya coincidence is a funny thing :)

• Love 1

Katherine Newton is in a new movie called Blockers, which is advertised as "Porky's for girls" -- a group of girls make a pact to lose their virginity on prom night but their parents find out and form a plan to stop them.

I was watching a season one episode of The Ghost Whisperer this morning. Dean's imaginary friend Sully was in the episode as a waiter. 

2 hours ago, patty1h said:

Katherine Newton is in a new movie called Blockers, which is advertised as "Porky's for girls" -- a group of girls make a pact to lose their virginity on prom night but their parents find out and form a plan to stop them.

Does anyone who does these sort of movies come out of them with a career?

4 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

Everyone starting out is gonna have a clunker or two on their resume, so this may be hers.   On the other hand, she was in two Oscar nominated movies in 2017 and a major cable series.  Good luck to her.

10 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I was watching a season one episode of The Ghost Whisperer this morning. Dean's imaginary friend Sully was in the episode as a waiter. 

It screened really well at SXSW and Variety gave it a good review.  

On 4/3/2018 at 9:15 PM, pixelcat said:

I had an hour to kill today before I had to work, and decided to put on a CSI episode.  Pretty much at random I picked season 7 and an episode called "Fannysmackin'" which I couldn't remember what it was about (was going to watch the one after it, but once I saw some nuns walking into a church I had a feeling that I didn't like that episode and went one prior).  Halfway through it who should show up but Bobby!  Greg manages to intervene in him getting beaten up by a pack of people. 

The episode originally aired in Oct 2006, which is the same timeframe as beginning of Supernatural's S2.  In fact this episode aired the same night as "Bloodlust".

I know I've seen other random folks in random CSI episodes here and there, but I tell ya coincidence is a funny thing :)

Did the same thing last night, put on another S7 CSI episode at random, "Post Mortem" (ep7).  Not only did Bobby show up AGAIN (was partially a follow-up to the previous one I watched) but also GARTH!  Then I had to watch the episode "Sweet Jane" from the same season, just because I really like it and the song has been stuck in my head all morning.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/4/2018 at 10:54 AM, Commando Cody said:

Actually, the reviews I've seen for it so far are generally good. I checked out Rotten  Tomatoes.  

Here's an article about it. 

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/first-reactions-to-blockers-say-the-new-comedy-is-a-gross-out-slam-dunk/

Edited by bearcatfan
Add link
34 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Wait, what? Which episode? I don't remember her being in Arrow.

It was season two episode six. 

Something came up and I had to switch the episode off mid episode  (so I’m not sure if she reappears), but it was a blink and you miss it appearance. She appears very briefly on the television as a protestor. 

I wasn’t entirely sure it was her due to the appearance being so brief so I double checked IMDB and it confirmed it was her :)

On 1/11/2018 at 1:39 PM, Commando Cody said:

While watching Citizen Fang, yesterday, I saw the name Jon Gries in the credits. I knew I had seen the name somewhere, but I couldn't figure out where. 

He was Uncle Rico in the movie Napoleon Dynamite. Even knowing that, he still doesn't look like him. 

Did you ever watch The Pretender?  I know him as Broots.

• Love 1

I did watch the Pretender. I don't remember him. It was a long time ago. I can only remember two or three of the main characters. I really liked that show at the time. I should see if it's out there somewhere for viewing. That one and Seven Days. 

19 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I was kind of kidding when I wrote that. I didn't think anyone was going to get defensive about it. 

Not getting defensive, I just was curious about the reviews after your statement so I checked it out. The trailer didn't make me want to run out to see it to be honest. 

• Love 1

Just saw Pamela the blind psychic on tonight's episode of The Walking Dead - I recognized her voice before her face.  She had a few lines as a member of Negan's crew.

16 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Just saw Pamela the blind psychic on tonight's episode of The Walking Dead - I recognized her voice before her face.  She had a few lines as a member of Negan's crew.

I thought that was her! I mentioned it in the live airing chat but no one confirmed. LOL

Negan should have died ages ago IMO.  JDM's a good actor and the role was fantastic.  But it just went on and on and on. It became laughable that they had so many opportunities to kill him but didn't.

TWD has lost its way.  Just endless gunfights or soap opera whingeing now.

• Love 2

What's sad is that JDM has stated that one of the reasons he took the role was to explore Neegan's relationship with Carl after the war that's in the comics. Then they kill off Carl. It wouldn't surprise me if they kill Neegan off now too. There's no reason to keep him now that Carl is gone. 

• Love 1
On 3/31/2018 at 10:25 PM, bethy said:

X-File marathon on BBCAmerica today and just hit “Fire” with a VERY young Mark Sheppard playing the monster-of-the-week. He was awesome 25 years ago, and he’s awesome today.

I loved him in this!

Another random CSI episode last night, this time from Season 6: "Room Service".  I always forget which one this is until they start in with "Mad World" at the beginning of the episode.  But who should appear as Famous Actor Groupie but Jo!  I actually always call her "Meg" since I remember her from "Veronica Mars" first, and I have to correct myself.  "That's Meg from Supernatural!  Wait I mean Jo, that was a different Meg".

I also like Catherine's line from this episode: "What other Laotians are having a bad night?"

One of today's episodes of Monk had Steve Valentine. I like when he guest stars on a series and they let him be a magician. He was in an episode of House as a magician as well. A few years ago, he was a guest on America's Got Talent as a mentor to one of the magic acts. 

• Love 1

It took me a while to figure this one out. Probably because I didn't get into Supernatural until after Monk and Psych ended. All three of those shows basically started around the same time - 2004 and 2005. I know that Psych was filmed in Vancouver, I assume Monk was as well. I've been watching repeats of Monk and Psych and they both are chock full of Supernatural guest stars. I have to imagine that Leverage was filmed in Vancouver as well. Considering Mark Sheppard was playing Crowley and Jim Sterling while both the shows were still on. 

If I ever get another cat to live here with Mr. Crowley and me, I would probably name him Jim Sterling. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I have to imagine that Leverage was filmed in Vancouver as well. Considering Mark Sheppard was playing Crowley and Jim Sterling while both the shows were still on. 

Leverage was filmed in Portland, Oregon. Mark Sheppard is just one of those actors who works both sides of the border a lot.

• Love 1