Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Boopsahoy said:

We loved sliders!

Just saw James Patrick Stewart in an episode titled "Obsession." As Sliders filmed its first 2 years in Vancouver, it shouldn't be surprising that there are some overlaps even though the shows' premieres were about a decade apart.

I don't know if I will go past season 2. The downward spiral may be too hard to take.

Edited by bearcatfan
Reasons
5 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Oh how I hated his character - the Swede - on "Hell on Wheels" with the intensity of a thousand suns! I guess that means he's a good actor, but I would have paid good money to watch him die in the first season! LOL

OMG, he was such a bastard, but played flawlessly by Christopher Heyerdahl. I've only seen the first two seasons, but at the end of the second one I seriously wanted him dead.

• Love 1

I'm watching Hail Caesar and the kid that plays the young cowboy actor, Alden Ehrenreich, was Ben Collins in Wendigo. And he's going to play young Han Solo? Moving on up, I guess.

I was watching an old Loving (one of my favorite soaps of old) episode, and the woman playing a pregnant lady (Trisha) looked familiar. As it turns out, it's Jessica Steen, who superbly played Sheriff Hudak in "The Benders," making her one of the best one-off characters the show had. She was just filling in on Loving - the woman who played Trisha was pregnant in real life and did not want to act out the end of this story (Trisha has a stillbirth). Her work impressed ABC, who put her in Homefront not too long after. 

• Love 1

TNT (I think) is replaying Jack Reacher (2012 version) and Alexia Fast (Missy Bender and Emma, Dean's monster child) is on it.  That's a pretty big movie for her.  She seems to have had a steady acting career. 

9 hours ago, SueB said:

think the Green Cooler might be moonlighting on "This Is Us".  I saw it in a pool scene last night.

If it was Timeless, I would believe it, which leads me to a rant about Kripke. 

He's really milking his new character to be Dean.  He said on Twitter that he's working through his Han Solo obsession with Dean and Wyatt.  Now I've watched one episode of Timeless on demand out of curiosity and it's so blatantly not a recreation of Han Solo but a poor Man's Dean Winchester. Hair style, attitude, clothing in layers like Dean.  It's really actively offending me. LOL Like I know Dean is Kripke's creation on paper but Dean Winchester is iconic because of how  Jensen played him and subverted Han Solo into something so much better.  And the writers figured out they had to go with Jensen.  Gods forbid Dean had stayed like he was in the first season.  No thank you.  JMHO.  Stop it, Kripke.  Let Dean Winchester live as the iconic character he is.  Grrr. 

Rant over.

I can't disagree with you too much.

But, to be fair, the character of Dean is such a TV trope, a complete cliche, that its easy to see 'copied' in other roles.

Dean's only saving grace was that they lucked out on casting Jensen.  He gave Dean life and pushed him beyond the cliche.

As for Timeless, I actually laughed a little when the NOTDEAN guy said his wife's name was Jessica and

Spoiler

she died

Really, out of all the names that's what you choose? LOL way to look like you're moving on from SPN

Really, out of all the names that's what you choose? LOL way to look like you're moving on from SPN. 

Spoiler

And he has a black guy named Rufus. 

But Kripke is all like "SPN EASTER EGGS". Nah, dude, that's just straight up cannibalizing your best contribution to the vast TV landscape.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:
  Hide contents

And he has a black guy named Rufus. 

But Kripke is all like "SPN EASTER EGGS". Nah, dude, that's just straight up cannibalizing your best contribution to the vast TV landscape.

That's one of his Dogma references.  Rufus was the 13th Apostle, played by Chris Rock.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, GirlyGeek said:

As for Timeless, I actually laughed a little when the NOTDEAN guy said his wife's name was Jessica and

Hide contents

she died

Really, out of all the names that's what you choose? LOL way to look like you're moving on from SPN

I read an interview, years ago, where Kripke stated he'd used the name "Jessica" as a girlfriend who died previous to SPN. Maybe there's a Jessica in his past who broke his heart and his way to get revenge is to kill her in every show he makes? ;)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

I read an interview, years ago, where Kripke stated he'd used the name "Jessica" as a girlfriend who died previous to SPN. Maybe there's a Jessica in his past who broke his heart and his way to get revenge is to kill her in every show he makes? ;)

Possibly. It's also likely that the reason that the character on Timeless shares a birthday with Dean is because Kripke's wife's birthday is the same day. Bonus, by using the same day over and over, it reduces the chance he'll ever forget it.

• Love 1

And some of us complain about John Winchester?

Rqy8FjG.jpg

John's looking warm & fuzzy compared to Neegan.  JDM does play the bad guy pretty well.  Then again, if you saw him on The Good Wife, he plays the good guy pretty nicely too.  

• Love 1

I've been saying all along that JDM is playing a character worse that John LOL.

ETA: I love how many posts and comments on SM are some kind variations on

"Sam and Dean Winchester, GET YOUR FATHER RIGHT NOW!"

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

What really stands out to me about Neegan on Walking Dead is how many layers he manages to use. Darryl can barely manage sleeves, but there's Neegan, all cozy in his scarf and zipped up jacket, and I think he even has some fingerless gloves?!

But I guess he learned well from the best layer-ers in the business

11 hours ago, Demented Daisy said:

This seems more appropriate here, given the topic at hand....

0PEl66a.jpg

Aw, poor sweet John in his silly uniform. Who has a baseball picture like that as an adult?! It's adorable.

The comparison is hilarious but honestly, kind of makes me a little sad! Neegan is such a monster. Such a disconcertingly, disgustingly hot monster.

• Love 1

Gilmore Girls mini-spoiler with speculation:

Spoiler

Since Jared only filmed one day (mini-spoiler), AND he mentioned it was in Doose's Market, I'm going to guess he has precisely ONE scene.  Jared also mentioned it provided Dean closure (another mini-spoiler). TVLine has indicated NONE of the past loves wind up with Rory. (moderate spoiler).
And now that we see it's fall and he's wearing a nice wool coat, I'm going to guess the following:
- Dean is living elsewhere and doing well
- He's home visiting the parents (possibly Thanksgiving?)
- He's swinging by Doose's to pick up something and that's where Rory see him.
- Based solely on the coat & my speculation on how they meet: I'm guessing he's either married or moved on (but always in love with Rory in some way), and it's a sweet reunion where she knows Dean is doing well and he sees she's gotten to whatever state her 4-episode Kerouac-arc has provided. They both get closure knowing the other is in a good place.
It works for me because I'm hoping it looks like he's financially stable and happy.  Dean needed a MUCH better finish.

It's a pretty mild spoiler but if you've avoided everything about Gilmore Girls, I don't want you to read that.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SueB said:

It works for me because I'm hoping it looks like he's financially stable and happy.  Dean needed a MUCH better finish.

Agreed. I hated how he basically disappeared after Rory stood him up in her grandparents' driveway. Then returned much later for a bitter scene with Luke. I didn't enjoy the show nearly as much without him. :P

• Love 3

I really disliked how they handled Dean. That scene with Luke was awful. I hope they give Dean good closure and that he is no longer in any way shape or form hung up on Rory Gilmore.

• Love 3

Since I'm having a hard time getting mentally prepared to go back to calling him "Dean" (seriously, Jensen stole that name from him in less than two episodes of SPN), I really hope he's moved on from Rory. It'd actually be really great each of Rory's major loves were healthy, happy, and stable and in their own ways encouraging her to find that for herself.

42 minutes ago, Boopsahoy said:

Anyone watching Lucifer and notice the gal working with the detective is Nancy from Jus In Bello?  I couldn't stop looking at her...she looked so familiar!

She did a stint on Dexter, too. I had a very similar reaction. I finally couldn't take it any longer and looked her up.

• Love 1

Jared did really well IMO on Gilmore Girls.

GG Spoilers:

Spoiler

He had just a cameo in "Fall".  Things to note:

- Honestly, he was damn handsome and looked like the "one that got away" to me.  Rory gave a lovely little speech that essentially said she would wish she had met Dean later so that she would have handled it better but she couldn't wish that because Dean is partially responsible for making her who she is.

- Dean appears to be the only ex to be truly grown up and over Rory but still cares about her as a friend.

- To me, it was a definitive ending for the character but a very positive one.  

• Love 3

Watching "The Fall" on Netflix with Gillian Anderson and the woman playing the wife of Jamie Dornan looked so familiar. It was driving me batty. I was like I swear I saw her on Supernatural and was like no that can't be right.  Then it hit me, it was Lady GoJumpInAVolcano's Henchbitch. She was about as opposite a character from Henchbitch as she could be .. ACTING!

• Love 1

Osric Chau is playing one of the Rowdy 3 in the very weird (but I think I like it) Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on BBCAmerica.   They are very rowdy indeed and it took me a couple episodes to even realize it was him.

• Love 1
On 11/26/2016 at 4:51 AM, catrox14 said:

I've watched about 2 episodes of Gilmore Girls in my life and I thought I'd check out Jared. The only thing I could think was, "This is alternate universe Sam".  LOL. But he sure was pretty. :)

Funny you should mention that, Jezebel had an article on Monday about Gilmore Girls.  The relevant part (probably a small spoiler in here?):

snip2.jpg

Full article is here:

http://themuse.jezebel.com/the-other-two-on-gilmore-girls-it-was-always-jess-1789435814

• Love 2

As someone who always despised what they did with Dean in the main run of GG, I appreciated the closure they gave him in the revival. On a shallow note, I don't think I would mind popping out babies with that man. 

Also, I kind of wish the article had used the old TWoP designation of "CuteDean," so that I wouldn't have had to keep consciously reminding myself that they weren't talking about Supernatural - or Hot - Dean.

• Love 2

I'm always so far behind on these things, but I just started watching Underground today. Sam's S2 killer has a leading role. Can't decide if the show is brilliant in it's mixing modern and history yet, but Aldis Hodge is holding his own in it anyway.

Watched A Christmas Horror Story earlier today (had to take a break from my typical cheesy Christmas fare) and saw Death (Julian Richings) as Gerhardt - who later transformed into Krampus.  heh heh.  (I was kind of expecting Dean and Sam to show up - it would have been their kind of gig.)

• Love 1

The new series of Sherlock started yesterday here in the US, and during the credits, I saw a familiar name.  The director of the first episode was Rachel Talalay, who also directed one of my top ten SPN episodes "Hunted".  There was a cool bit of synergy to another ep of SPN -- there was a voice-over of Sherlock reciting some lines from the fictional tale "Appointment in Samarra".

• Love 1

I mentor a kid at a local school, and he tells me his favorite show is The Flash. So I watch the pilot to speak his language, and look -- it's the hot shrink lady from Sam, Interrupted playing Barry's mom!  Also David Nutter, but he's everywhere.