Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

Cole never did quite sit right with me, but I couldn't put my finger on why until yesterday, when I re-watched a Criminal Minds episode.  in Hopeless, Travis Aaron Wade played a spree killer who murdered for the fun of it.

Funny how that works.

• Love 1

It could just be the character is hinky though. I've never seen Travis Aaron Wade in anything else, but never warmed to the character of Cole. I'm not sure it's really the fault of the actor though.

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought the writing for Cole was poor (it seemed to go out of its way to make him unsympathetic), *and* I found the actor/performance off-putting. The performance made him seem like such a douchebro. And in addition to being a douchebro, he was a torturer?! Blechhhhhh.

Edited by rue721

Lindsey McKeon (Tessa) was on Y&R several weeks back, for a few episodes. She played a prostitute. She seemed to be well-received, but I'd hate to see anyone on that sinkhole of a show for too long.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan plays a major character in "Texas Rising", a mini-series that began airing on Mon/Tues on the History Channel. They re-run their programming, so interested viewers have the opportunity to catch up.

• Love 1

I saw Sera Gamble's name as a producer on the new series "Aquarius", the one that stars David Duchovny.  I also spotted an actor from an SPN episode - the guy who played the pagan god in "A Very Supernatural Christmas".

• Love 3

In the alternate category of 'Cast Members Not in Other Roles They Should Totally Be In"

watching 'Guardians of the Galaxy" and GODS it's almost impossible for me to not picture Jensen in that role. Chris Pratt did a fine job, but man....it shoulda been Jensen. of course if Jensen had gotten that role, then maybe we'd have never seen Demon!Dean...

• Love 2
(edited)

Yep. I knew about that one too. I'm holding out hope Jensen can reprise as Jason Todd:The Red Hood since it's been approved by DC for a live action vehicle.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

Taking this to the Jensen thread.

ETA  There isn't an actor's thread -- at least not an individual thread for Jared or Jensen.  Weird.

Anyway, I can't see that happening.  Jason Todd died when he was 15.  He returned as the Hood when Tim Drake was still Robin.  I love Jensen, but no way he can play a young man in his 20's.

Now, since the next Spider-Man will be in high school, maybe Jensen could be Norman Osborn.

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 1

I saw Sera Gamble's name as a producer on the new series "Aquarius", the one that stars David Duchovny.  I also spotted an actor from an SPN episode - the guy who played the pagan god in "A Very Supernatural Christmas".

I totally forgot Sera Gamble was working on Aquarius. I haven't watched it yet, but it's sitting in my queue. Looking forward to wacky God-guy though.

• Love 1
(edited)

Taking this to the Jensen thread.

ETA  There isn't an actor's thread -- at least not an individual thread for Jared or Jensen.  Weird.

Anyway, I can't see that happening.  Jason Todd died when he was 15.  He returned as the Hood when Tim Drake was still Robin.  I love Jensen, but no way he can play a young man in his 20's.

Now, since the next Spider-Man will be in high school, maybe Jensen could be Norman Osborn.

They can do whatever they want with the characters though. They can age him up if they so choose. Arrow has done many variations on the themes and characters for the DC world.  Jason Todd can come back as an older even angrier Red Hood. Jensen can easily play late 20's early 30s. Jensen is only 37.  JMO. 

Edited by catrox14

I can't remember where I read it but it would allow for live action version of Jason Todd/Red Hood as part of another Batman film. I didn't say it would be his own film.  I'll have to find the article.

So Jensen and JDM have both played lovers of Marilyn Monroe.  Life is strange. 

I think Jensen was supposed to be more the lover of Marilyn Monroe's boyfriend in that miniseries.

You know what would be kind of crazy/awesome?  Han and Leia had kids.  I would not complain if Jensen Ackles played their son in a future movie.  

I know that The Force Awakens takes place 30 years after the events of Return of the Jedi, but I'm avoiding all other spoilers because I'm a huge Star Wars nerd who will most likely go see the movie.  Despite my current dissatisfaction with Marvel/Disney.

• Love 1

Brian Markinson - Jerry in Phantom Traveler - is currently on iZombie as a ... I'm not sure. A twisted psychologist or something?

I think it's a Canadian law that Markinson is in ALL the things.

• Love 1

It's time for me to confess.  I watched the Dean episodes of S5 of Gilmore Girls.  I've discovered:

1) The dialog is really good on the show

2) Alexis Bleidel is TINY compared to Jared Padalecki

3) I don't actually LIKE Lorreli and Rory that much. And Luke is ... meh.  

*runs away from Gilmore Girl fans* saying I'm sure it's much better if I saw the whole thing!

• Love 1
(edited)

No need to flee on my account SueB, but then again I wouldn't be one of those people. I tried to watch Gilmore Girls about a year ago and I found it just wasn't for me. I was too creeped out by Lorreli and Rory's relationship and couldn't watch more than a handful of episodes. Jared was such a baby though!

Funnily, I'm currently watching Smallville and mid-way through S4 and I am still amazed at how little Jensen has appeared to have aged. ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot

It's time for me to confess.  I watched the Dean episodes of S5 of Gilmore Girls.  I've discovered:

1) The dialog is really good on the show

2) Alexis Bleidel is TINY compared to Jared Padalecki

3) I don't actually LIKE Lorreli and Rory that much. And Luke is ... meh.  

*runs away from Gilmore Girl fans* saying I'm sure it's much better if I saw the whole thing!

JP was adorable on Gilmore Girls! The very definition of "fresh faced." I only saw him in the very early episodes, though, because I only made it to maybe the fourth or fifth episode of the show. Not sure about S5?

I thought Lorelei and Rory were OK. What did you find unappealing about them? (Not trying to argue you out of it! Just interested). I really liked Lorelei's parents (and really disliked Suki). Those were the only characters I had strong feelings about either way, tbh. The grandparents completely won me over when the grandma threw a big "coming out"/birthday party for Rory, and when the grandpa took her to his country club and was just so proud and supportive of her to his buddies. They were just so sweet. Suki, on the other hand, was too sweet. Or too...something. But Idk, guess it's ultimately not my sort of show. Not enough stabbings and vampires and stuff, apparently :P

• Love 1

Rory... IDK....I think it was the way she was partying with those guys after her Grandma threw her a snooty party (is that the party you liked?).  She had just seen Dean leave, for good, because he realized that "debutante" was the way she was headed and he wasn't enough for her.  And she is sad for 30 seconds, and then goes back to partying.  And when she finds out the blond bad boy dumped her, THIS is why she is crying inconsolably on the floor?  Dean clearly made a huge mistake marrying Lindsey, but Rory seemed okay with going public about her relationship later -- as if it was just another boyfriend/girlfriend thing.  For someone that intelligent, she seemed too glib sometimes for me.

Lorelei I liked better, but she seemed like a strong woman who was flighty some times.  I thought she was too smart/mature to turn into a 20 year old sometimes.  

Again, I had a very small sample size... so more would be warranted 

SueB, I found on re-watch I despise Lorreli! JP on the other hand, did a great job on a horribly inconsistently written part. The character was destroyed, but I assume it was because he got Supernatural, and they had to write off the character. Is that right?

I enjoyed Gilmore Girls a lot in the early years. I actually started watching because my Nana's maiden name was Gilmore.

I liked Luke and Paris best, especially in those early years, but as with most of the men in Loreli and Rory's lives, Luke was chewed up and spit out until he was a shadow of his former self (in my opinion). I really like Rory and Dean * in the early years, and then she dumped him for Jess (who I didn't see the appeal in) and Logan was worse. I'm not sure if it was season 5 - I think it was though - where I really started disliking Rory and Loreli. They became more self-centered and self-destructive. If I remember correctly, my favorite characters - and relationship - in the whole show around then were Paris and Doyle, but I suppose it helps that I really liked Danny Strong (who was also Jonathan in Buffy) and found him completely adorable (I like short guys).

Sadly I disliked the changes in the characters and show so much around mid-season 5, I stopped watching entirely, and I wasn't the only one. A lot of fans on the GG thread I posted on felt the same way and quite a few gave up on the show. So nope, I can entirely see your questioning of the show's appeal around that time. I started disliking it and I used to be a fan. I peeked in on the finale, but by that time I was fairly disillusioned.

* And I agree with rue - JP was adorable as Dean.

Rory... IDK....I think it was the way she was partying with those guys after her Grandma threw her a snooty party (is that the party you liked?).  She had just seen Dean leave, for good, because he realized that "debutante" was the way she was headed and he wasn't enough for her.  And she is sad for 30 seconds, and then goes back to partying.  And when she finds out the blond bad boy dumped her, THIS is why she is crying inconsolably on the floor?  Dean clearly made a huge mistake marrying Lindsey, but Rory seemed okay with going public about her relationship later -- as if it was just another boyfriend/girlfriend thing.  For someone that intelligent, she seemed too glib sometimes for me.

So much this. I agree with all of that. And definitely Dean had made a mistake marrying Lindsey. He should've waited and gotten past the first time Rory stomped on his heart and gotten over her entirely rather than getting involved with Lindsey when he was vulnerable.

JP on the other hand, did a great job on a horribly inconsistently written part.

Agreed.

• Love 1

Sadly I disliked the changes in the characters and show so much around mid-season 5, I stopped watching entirely, and I wasn't the only one. A lot of fans on the GG thread I posted on felt the same way and quite a few gave up on the show. So nope, I can entirely see your questioning of the show's appeal around that time. I started disliking it and I used to be a fan. I peeked in on the finale, but by that time I was fairly disillusioned.

Ah that makes more sense.

How did you recognize him, anyhow? My TV was so dark his character could have been played by R2-D2. I mean sure I knew it was him because of the credits but I never saw his lighted face to be sure.

I don't know how I missed this but there are strong indicators that JDM is going to play Thomas Wayne (Bruce Wayne aka Batman's Dad in Batman V Superman

^^^this tidbit from Jimmy Kimmel wherein JDM is being really coy. What say you PTV/SPN FAMILY?

Which huts my soul just a little bit because Jensen shoulda/oughta be Batman and JDM looks nothing like Ben Affleck but he does look like Jensen and HALP because now I really really really really really want Jensen to be Bruce Wayne more than ever.

• Love 1

I turned on Supernatural on TNT this morning, and instead found a movie from 2010 called The Losers.  With Jeffrey Dean Morgan.  It's one of those lighter toned mercenary type movies.  It doesn't seem to be graphically violent so far.  Zoe Saldana isn't a very good actress - or maybe she's just not trying very hard in this movie.    

Catrox, I share your desire to see Jensen in a good movie or series of them. Unfortunately, every time he puts his name on a renewal contract with Supernatural, his future success in those endeavors fades away a little bit more. :(  I sincerely hope the coming season is the last or I fear that neither of the boys will be burning up Hollywood. And with Jensen's father in the voice business, if nothing comes up for Jensen, he may follow in his father's footsteps. What a loss that would be!

Went to Terminator: Genesis tonight and saw two Supernatural alums in the commercials before the movie.

1) Yahoo: Julie McNiven (Anna the Angel) - as a young woman moving in with her boyfriend who then proposed to her in the back of a romantically decorated U-Haul. It was good.

2) Coke: Madison McLaughlin (Krissy ... teenage hunter's daughter), at at theme park with a first boyfriend kinda date

Pretty big national commercials. Both were good. 

Interesting. My TV Guide says that he's going to be a regular for season 2 of Extant as Halle Berry's new "love interest.

He is. I think that has already completed filming and is airing now for a limited run. I think it's like 12 episodes.