Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

Turned on 'Charmed' this morning. It was the Misha Collins episode. The last ten minutes of it anyway. 

I decided to rewatch 'Chuck'.  It was almost like watching the series for the first time. I remembered very little of it. If I looked hard enough, I could probably find a post of me saying that Mark Sheppard was in a couple of episodes. I forgot that he was in it.

I saw Mark Sheppard in an episode of 'Monk' yesterday as well. 

1 hour ago, Commando Cody said:

Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Samantha Smith were also each in a Monk episode.

Monk was awesome.

• Love 1

I randomly picked this miniseries "Black Summer" from Netflix and see a familiar face in the first 5 minutes - Ty (Benny) Olsson.  It's a zombie apocalypse thing, and,

Spoiler

unfortunately, he doesn't last long. 

*I'm only 1/2 hour into it, so I can't give it a rec either way*

Edited by patty1h

Saw a trailer for a Netflix offering called "The Society" and it has 2 SPN folks:  Kathryn Newton, who played Claire Novak, and Rachel Keller, who was one of the nuns in the mostly hated episode "Paint It Black".  Rachel has done pretty well in getting other roles - she is the female lead in the FX series "Legion".

Edited by patty1h
On 4/15/2019 at 8:54 AM, Commando Cody said:

Turned on 'Charmed' this morning. It was the Misha Collins episode. The last ten minutes of it anyway. 

I decided to rewatch 'Chuck'.  It was almost like watching the series for the first time. I remembered very little of it. If I looked hard enough, I could probably find a post of me saying that Mark Sheppard was in a couple of episodes. I forgot that he was in it.

Mark is in X-Files s 1, Big roles in Firefly and BSG and Leverage. Always knocks it out of the park.  

• Love 1

Don't know where to post this. FB Deanaholics I think just posted that Jensen is in talks to be Batman in the Reeves film. I find no reference online with a quick Google so I do not know where this is coming from. 

I had wondered whether something along these lines was up. He has been offered and/or short listed for zo many top roles which he has lost out on because of Supernatural...

???

He really should have been Star Lord. Pratt is just not very good imo. Jensen would have rocked it and could have held his own with the A-list Avengers, something Pratt cannot do per Infinity Wars and Endgame in which Hemsworth and Bautista act the pants off him.

• Love 1

Richard Speight Jr. Directed episode 8 of season 4 of Lucifer. I don't know if anyone is watching 'Lucifer' on Netflix, but episode 9 I think there may be a character reference relating to 'Supernatural'.

I don't want to say what it is. It's more amusing if you catch it. 

• Love 2

Richard Speight Jr. Directed episode 8 of season 4 of Lucifer. I don't know if anyone is watching 'Lucifer' on Netflix, but episode 9 I think there may be a character reference relating to 'Supernatural'.

I haven't had a chance to watch the new season on Netlfix yet but I'll keep an ear/eye for it when it do. 🙂

• Love 1

And I'll take the opportunity to pimp the fuck out of this show. If you like genre shows with great character writing, strong themes, and coherent narratives, Lucifer is the answer! Seasons 1, 2, and 3 are fluffy and entertaining and have their moments of greatness (also with some admittedly rough spots in season 3), but season 4 fires on all cylinders and is absolutely fantastic. The network change did this show a world of good.

• Love 3
(edited)

Colin Ford (young Sam) has a new movie out on DVD and On Demand.  He's the star/leading actor - it's a comedy where he plays a "high school hitman" who arranges 'accidents' for other students, to free them from their overbearing or uncaring parents.  Here is the trailer.

Don't know where to post this. FB Deanaholics I think just posted that Jensen is in talks to be Batman in the Reeves film. I find no reference online with a quick Google so I do not know where this is coming from. 

Who knows what's true, but I saw several stories yesterday that Robert Pattinson has been chosen to be the next Batman.  

Edited by patty1h

I love that Guy Norman Bee is still advocating for Jensen to be Batman. He even went back and forth with some people on Twitter about it.  This is really a great endorsement of Jensen's talent. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I want to send Guy some flowers. Only because the ship has sailed on the whole first born child thing. Bless him!

What do you mean? 

I must say.. that’s an unfortunate photo of Robert considering the Batman  announcement 

Re Lucifer. I’ll admit it lost me and I didn’t bother with season 3 but the Netflix deal is less clownish and darker which is what most want I think.  I can recommend.  I just wish they’d lose the murder of the week concept. I know she’s a detective, but there’s a lot of crazy interesting celestial characters and solving some miscellaneous murder every week is just humdrum

it won’t happen of course but a crossover episode with Supernatural could’ve been fun and   Tom’s as tall as Jared. Haha.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

What do you mean? 

Joking. I appreciate what Guy said and would send him flowers if I could (in lieu of my first born child, since I don't have any children, lol).

• Love 1
On 5/17/2019 at 10:46 AM, patty1h said:

olin Ford (young Sam) has a new movie out on DVD and On Demand.  He's the star/leading actor - it's a comedy where he plays a "high school hitman" who arranges 'accidents' for other students, to free them from their overbearing or uncaring parents.  Here is the trailer.

I misunderstood when I read this and I thought he was arranging accidents for the kids to kill them to free them from the parents.  Watching the trailer I see that he's killing the parents.  Which probably makes more sense, but my idea sounds darker somehow.  Especially since the trailer looked really campy.

Glad I’m not the only one who would’ve loved to see the Winchesters in Mr Morningstar’s LA - now that would have been an AU I could have gotten on board with!

• Love 3

I was re-watching 'Dead Like Me'. There was an older blonde actress on it.  Recognizable - like I had seen her in other shows.  Something went wrong with Amazon Prime and it stopped the episode. I ended up watching an old episode of 'Murder She Wrote'. There was a woman on it, who I thought was the same actress. We will get back to that, but I kept watching. Chad Everett was on this particular episode of 'Murder She Wrote'. It reminded me of how good the casting was when he played old Dean. Chad might have been about 60 in this episode and I think he could have played Dean if Dean reached 60. 

I looked up the actress the next day. It wasn't the same actress - although they did look very much alike. It turned out, the guest actress, Maxine Miller, in 'Dead Like Me' has been a guest actress on 'Supernatural' two times. 

- Hunteri Heroici (2012) ... Sheila

- Bedtime Stories (2007) ... Killer Old Lady

NatGeo channel has a miniseries called "Hot Zone", about the Ebola virus.  The actor who played the angel Uriel is in it, as a high ranking military member.

• Love 1
(edited)

I turned the TV on when I got up this morning. The movie 'Taking Woodstock' was on.  A guy in the back of the room in the movie gets up to say something. I wasn't even sure it was Jeffrey Dean Morgan, at first. He was his previously looking clean cut self. Not the skinny, shaggy, bearded dude he is today. 

Edited by Commando Cody
3 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

He was his previously looking clean cut self. Not the skinny, shaggy, bearded dude he is today. 

Yes, I agree that he looks better with more weight on, and also, I don't get the beard thing when it's shaggy and gray. Do these guys (who sport this look) have no mirror???

• Love 1
On 6/15/2019 at 2:56 PM, FlickChick said:

Do these guys (who sport this look) have no mirror???

I've wondered if guys like JDM, Jared and Jensen do it so they don't look like matinee idols when they're not working? But people still recognize them, so who knows....

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I re-watched 'Eureka'.  I watched it way back when it was a series on the Sci-Fy channel. I watched the DVDs. I found it on Amazon Prime last year and watched the whole series again. I am currently in process of watching it now, although I think I'm going to stop at the end of season 4.  Anyway, I remember very little of the early seasons. It was like watching the first two seasons for the first time. It's very strange.  The same thing happened when I re-watched 'Chuck' as well. It was as if I never watched some of the episodes. 

There were a lot of actors on this series who guested on Supernatural. 

Ty Olsson and Kavan Smith had really creepy smiles. 

Felicia Day - basically played the same character. She doesn't seem to have much range.  The character probably could have done a cross over from 'Eureka' to 'Supernatural' and they could have made it work.

I haven't liked Jamie Rae Newman in anything I've seen her in. Although, I was okay with her on her episode of Supernatural. 

(edited)

Actor Billy Drago died today - he played the creepy doctor who harvested organs for eternal life in "No Rest For The Wicked".

EDIT:  The episode was actually "Time is on my Side".  Thanks @Myrelle

Edited by patty1h
Wrong ep
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Actor Billy Drago died today - he played the creepy doctor who harvested organs for eternal life in "No Rest For The Wicked".

I'm thinking it was Time is On My Side. A really underrated episode of this show,  IMO. 

And he helped to make it creepy as Hell.  

May he RIP. 😢

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Myrelle said:

I'm thinking it was Time is On My Side. A really underrated episode of this show,  IMO. 

And he helped to make it creepy as Hell.  

May he RIP. 😢

I agree. We had two stories going on. Sam investigating the creepy doctor and Dean meeting Rufus and confronting Bela in an attempt to get the Colt.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

I agree. We had two stories going on. Sam investigating the creepy doctor and Dean meeting Rufus and confronting Bela in an attempt to get the Colt.

I liked the introduction of Rufus, and I liked the end of Bela.  But, that episode is just too gross for me.  Cutting out a beating heart.  Attempting to take an eye out with a melon baller or something.  Blech.  

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I liked the introduction of Rufus, and I liked the end of Bela.  But, that episode is just too gross for me.  Cutting out a beating heart.  Attempting to take an eye out with a melon baller or something.  Blech.  

I found the promo for 'Time Is On My Side'. I put a graphic warning on it when I posted it to my FB page.  It was pretty much what is in your quoted comment.  I also find that episode difficult to watch. 

On 6/18/2019 at 4:28 PM, Commando Cody said:

I haven't liked Jamie Rae Newman in anything I've seen her in. Although, I was okay with her on her episode of Supernatural. 

Glad I’m not the only one who feels that way. I feel like I’m supposed to love her, but, eh. At least she was okay here.

48 minutes ago, kickingnames said:

Glad I’m not the only one who feels that way. I feel like I’m supposed to love her, but, eh. At least she was okay here.

I feel like she usually kind of just blends in and doesn't stand out.  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  I guess I'm saying I usually just don't pay that much attention to her, but I've only seen her in a couple of other things--NCIS, and a couple of episodes of General Hospital during a sporadic watching phase.

I keep seeing adverts for a new showtime series called City on a Hill, with Kevin Bacon. His partner on the show looked so familiar, but I couldn't place him. After seeing the commercial for like the 10th time, I realized it was Jake from the S2 two part finales, Aldis Hodge. Good for him, costaring with Bacon on Showtime. Not that the show looks terribly interesting to me, but good for him!

• Love 1

I was scrolling through channels yesterday. I paused when I noticed a movie called "My Bloody Valentine".  Jensen Ackles was in it. I didn't watch it - it isn't my kind of movie, but I get the connection between the movie and the Supernatural episode 'My Bloody Valentine' - which is one of my favorite episodes of Supernatural. 

• Love 2

I watched Man of Steel last night. It was the Superman movie from I think 2013. I thought it was new because I hadn’t seen it before. I wonder if it was shot in Canada because there were a handful of supernatural actors in it: Death (pretty big role), Ishim (fairly big role), Ezekiel (one scene), and there might have been another too... 

My son hounded me into watching a series on Hulu called Letterkenny. It's filmed in Canada so I've seen several Supernatural alums on it.  Warning:  It's vulgar (LOTS of f-bombs going off),  it has a "mature audience" warning that you should definitely heed, but aside from the coarse language it's funny as hell.  Tilo Horn (Dorothy, S9E4), and Tyler Johnson (Samandreel, S8) are regulars and I had to really think hard about where I'd seen them.  My son "Supernatural, mom, duh, everybody's been on it."  Of course he was right. 

Excited to catch Doom Patrol when I can.  Lots of familiar faces there, too.

• Love 1

As I was reading through the newest programming on Netflix, a new scifi show called "Another Life" caught my interest.  Looking through the cast list, I see the name Jake Abel (Adam Winchester).  It'll be interesting to see him in a new role.

4 hours ago, Icarus said:

Not sure if this should go here or somewhere else - but it is about Jensen and Green Lantern - the bit about Jensen is at the end:

I saw this recently and besides the win-win scenario for Jensen fans, what I also found interesting was the "secret" aspect of the Green Lantern movie.

I wonder if the hub bub over the announcement of the last season of SPN might have something to do with that.

It would be great for this fan if Jensen were to jump right into a new project of this magnitude and with a director like Nolan, upon Supernatural's demise-and even better if he's been working on it presently, albeit in the admittedly very little spare time that he has. 

Unfortunately, I don`t think Nolan would ever do something comic-book-y. Which, yes, ironic considering his famous Dark Knight trilogy but he made very clear and worked hard to ground this in reality. Which you can do with Batman. With Green Lantern? No way in hell. That will be out-there and fantastical.

I recently read that JJ Abrams might do GL or Supes (or both). Though that is also very much rumour territory. 

Also, why I don`t have anything against Jensen taking on a comic book role, I would hope it wouldn`t be something that has already been botched and thus comes with some negative baggage. In the case of GL with the added weirdness of starring RR who is very popular because he now incorporates a popular, well-done comic book property. The comparisms that alone invites are headache-inducing. 

Jensen in a Nolan movie in general, though? Hell yes. 

• Love 2