Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

They really need to re-title that show.  Emperor of the Nerds.  Monarch of the Nerds.  Something.

Anyway, it occurred to me this morning that Steve Valentine (the bad guy in Dog Dean Afternoon) played Derek Storm on a Disney show called I'm in the Band. The show was about a teenager (named Tripp) joining an aging 80's heavy metal band.

In the final episode, Tripp's father showed up, played by James Patrick Stuart, aka Dick Roman.

• Love 1
(edited)

Osric Chau (Kevin) was on an episode of The 100 a couple of weeks ago.  I thought I recognized him in the ad for the episode, but couldn't find anything at the time to confirm (without actually watching the show, which I have no interest in doing).

ETA  Felicia Day was on The Wil Wheaton Project last night. Just before, Misha and Jensen were featured in a gag called "Christian Bale's Reverse Lozenges for Actors".  I think you can probably figure out what the gag was about.

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 1

I've finally started watching S2 of Orphan Black and there are a couple of Supernatural alumni circling about such as: Kristin Booth (witchy Renee Van Allen from Malleus Maleficarum) playing another rather witchy role; Matt Frewer (Pestilence) being another creepy man of science; and Ron Lea (Travis in Metamorphosis). But none have delighted me as much as seeing Julian Richings...love me some Death!

• Love 1

Brendan Fletcher (he played psychic kid Max in Nightmare) has a role in the Fox series Gracepoint.

Edited to add: Spotted 2 more SPN actors in Gracepoint...

The black captain whose hearing got messed up in Free to Be You and Me and the older townsman who sacrificed couples to the tree God in Scarecrow

Edited by patty1h

I saw Adam on that crapfest Under the Dome.  I think he's better off in the Cage than Under the Dome.

As Mulva reported above, Collin Ford is also stuck in that crapfest. Yet another reason to dislike that show. I have an admittedly biased dislike of Under the Dome, being that it was on opposite a(n) (admittedly also potentially questionable in quality, but in my opinion more imaginative) show that I happened to like and UtD hogged all the ratings. UtD got renewed. The show I liked did not.

Can I just pop in to say that this thread's subtitle is easily one of my favorite thread title's ever? Just makes me grin every time I see it.

Topic: Uh... Colin Ford! My friend recently discovered his neighbors down the street are Colin Ford's grandparents! They're very proud of him, especially in We Bought a Zoo.

• Love 1

Jim Beaver was on NCIS last week as a ship captain.  It made me miss Bobby all over again.  I did just remember that Lauren Cohan, (everyones' favorite character Bela) has been on The Walking Dead and a bunch of other shows including Vampire Diaries as a vampire.  Also, original flavor Ruby, Kaite Cassidy, has been a regular on Arrow.

Edited by Linderhill
(edited)

Some higher quality uploads of Jensen's DAYS work have popped up on Youtube again. It's not exactly brilliant material, but if you want to see Jensen's 90's hair, cute face, and get involved in Eric Brady's earnest desire for his parents to get back together and to have a cool date with a woman who fantasizes about having dinner in a clothes store and picks out shirts for him that traumatize him, you may enjoy it. And there's a lot of trash surrounding it you may be able to laugh at (my favorite is/was poor crazy Laura and her psychic friend Celeste). You can also see Roark Crichtlow, in the last SPN episode as Claire's abuser/father figure, Randy, as uber-earnest dreamboat Dr. Mike Horton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLqpNP0-Igg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgWuo4v4J5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSU8moDg7v8

I was watching some early season 5 Parks and Recreation episodes, and Adam J Harrington (Bartholomew) was in one, as the Congressman Ben was working on the campaign of. He and his Daria-esque assistant, April, were convinced he was a robot, as he gave canned speeches, sat for long stretches of time staring into space, etc. He was actually really good - it made me sad SPN didn't put him to better use. Oddly enough, he looked about 10 years older on P&R than he did on SPN, even though the episode was made around the same time. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, I didn't see it anywhere.  My son & I have been watching Gilmore Girls, and I noticed there's an episode there called "Swan Song".  So Jared Padalecki has been in two episodes of two different series called "Swan Song".  Of course, the Gilmore Girls episode is very different than Supernatural's episode.

• Love 1
(edited)

Given the way ABC is burning it off I wouldn't expect it to be around long enough for Jensen to appear. I guess we'll see the ratings. I watched a bit of it and I thought the male lead seemed miscast. That's one of the reasons I never really expect any actors I like to get big roles on ABC shows. They often go for bland or wooden leading men. It's one of the reasons I don't have more attachment to AoS (well one of about 30 reasons). 

Edited by Pete Martell

Is ABC "burning" it off? My understanding is that Galavant was conceived of to be a 8-episode run to replace Once Upon A Time during their hiatus. I was under the impression it was more like a mini-series and there were no plans for more than eight episodes. I realize they're airing two half-hour episodes a night, but I thought that was just because that was the slot they had to fill and all?

But, yeah, they've already shot all eight, so Jensen is unlikely unless they decide to do it again next year or something.

ETA: That's interesting about Christopher Lennertz, I hadn't heard that.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

It is an 8 episode 4 week run to replace OUAT but it could get picked up for another limited run if it's sucessful. So yes I would be referring to if it gets picked up for another run. It will never be a full 23 episode show I don't think.

(edited)

I've heard some fans saying that it was supposed to be aired one episode per week and that the way ABC is doing it is throwing off pacing, etc. so I assumed it was a burnoff.

The show seemed very unsure of itself to me, but I like Tim Omundson (Judging Amy forever...well, the first few years anyway), so I hope it works out for him.

Edited by Pete Martell

I don't see why airing it 2 episodes per night would make a difference to the pacing nor how they would know the pacing was off unless they saw the whole thing already. I thought it was just fine this way. The main complaints i've heard are withe the promo monkeys.

From what I understand, It's getting very mixed reviews. Some like it, some don't. It's probably never going to appeal to a large audience--it's got the comedic flavor of Monty Python and Pushing Daisies, which have small cult followings. And not everyone likes a musical anyway. I don't think the way they're airing it will actually be all that much of a stumbling block.

I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but am really excited about it.

• Love 1

So Huh. I was perusing Tumblr and saw a post where there was some discussion of Jensen being a good candidate for playing Nathan Drake, the protagonist in the Uncharted video game of which a film adaptation is apparently in the works. What struck me was that the discussion was saying that Carver wants SPN to be more of an ensemble piece and that might free up J2 for other work.

Has anyone else ever heard Carver talk about wanting to expand it to an ensemble level of cast? Because if that is true that really explains so much about the past two seasons.

(edited)

I replied to the Carver stuff in the other thread, but my view is that Carver likely did want one in season 8, but fan backlash and the usual backstage issues likely killed it. Season 9 was a huge regression in that area. 

I've only seen a little of the Nathan Drake stuff but I have a feeling someone like Chris Pratt would get that. But I think Jensen would be fine. 

This is also the chance I have to reveal that I had a crush on Nolan North for years when he was on daytime, and I wish SPN could book him.

(he and Jensen started on daytime around the same time, I believe - summer '97)

Edited by Pete Martell

If you haven't seen Galavant, pick it up on iTunes. I don't recall ever laughing so much as I did the last two episodes. It's a little weird at first but by the end of 8 half hr episodes it's just f*cking brilliant.

• Love 1

Pete, you OWE it to yourself to watch the last two episodes.  It's got Anthony Steward Head! Singing! And there's a moment when King Richard is tip toeing that I laughed at so hard I had to hit the pause button to collect myself to continue watching. 

Oh ... and a fangirl squee moment for me:
hM8qm6k.jpg

I had a full-on squee moment.

• Love 4

Oh, no worries.  The first season finished filming pre-Christmas (it's only 8 episodes) and they have yet to be picked up for a second season.  I just left the last episode with a ...MOOOOOAAAAARRRRRR (i.e. 'more') need. 

And there's a moment when King Richard is tip toeing that I laughed at so hard I had to hit the pause button to collect myself to continue watching.

SueB, if you're referring to when Richard and Galavant are "sneaking" around the castle singing, "first another drink" and the music stops while they tiptoe behind the guards, I, too, had a laugh out loud moment that scared the cats.  I had no idea Omundson could be that funny.  I just hope they find a way to work a reference to this role into the ep where Cain comes back.  (unspoiled speculation; I just assume he'll return at some point)

• Love 1