Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Reunion: All Questions Answered

I've been thinking about the sex stuff that is so taboo it must not be spoken. Exotic toys? Swings & apparatus? Additional people? Creepy fetishes? Animals? I can think of a lot of freaky deaky things but nothing that is new in the universe. I find it very doubtful that Dean has a better imagination than I do. I knew a girl who dated a guy that was turned on by Saran Wrap over his face while someone defecated on him. She was willing to do a lot but that was her tipping point. I now need a gallon or six of brain bleach. Thanks McDermotts.

Maybe he makes her dress up like Aaron Spelling?

• Love 6

According to Mary Jo, Dean called her the day he started filming to tell her he had met Tori Spelling.  She asked him what she was like and Dean said - nice and very down to earth.  Mary Jo jokingly told him to get to know her cause her and her Dad might throw some roles his way.  Which is exactly what he did.  As we all know they slept together that night and every other night from that day. and calling Mary Jo every night not mentioning his new Soul Mate.  Maybe in Dean's twisted mind he had Mary Jo's permission.  Hee!  What an asshole.

I think Candy has big time payed DeanO's women off.  Tori probably cryed to her each time and begged her to do something.  Would explain why Candy hates him.  She has said on talk shows that she would protect Tori and the 4 kids.  But she is smart enough to not let Dean get his mitts on any of her $$$$.

Saw Dean on Chopped Canada today and I swear he slurred 2 words.  One was "decision" and I've forgotten the other.  He has ruined that show for me as every time I watch I look at every female chef and wonder did he sleep with her?  Did he sleep with her?  What about her!  Yuck!

• Love 1
(edited)

Unless I missed this conversation on one of the shows, what I don't get is, if Dean is an alcoholic, why hasn't Tori told any stories about his drunkenness and how it affected the family, or described how they've hidden it from the public during their reality shows.  We haven't heard Tori, or any of their friends, refer to Dean as being a drunk or even being drunk, or describe how his alcoholism has played out in the kids' lives.  Tori's deeply concerned about him sleeping with someone else again, understandably, but she says nothing about him drinking again.  I realize the hurt came from the adultery, but since Dean blames alcoholism for his poor decisions it seems his drinking would be much more of a concern to Tori than the non-subject it seems to be. 

Edited by Miss February
  • Love 10
(edited)

Unless I missed this conversation on one of the shows, what I don't get is, if Dean is an alcoholic, why hasn't Tori told any stories about his drunkenness and how it affected the family, or described how they've hidden it from the public during their reality shows.  We haven't heard Tori, or any of their friends, refer to Dean as being a drunk or even being drunk, or describe how his alcoholism has played out in the kids' lives.  Tori's deeply concerned about him sleeping with someone else again, understandably, but she says nothing about him drinking again.  I realize the hurt came from the adultery, but since Dean blames alcoholism for his poor decisions it seems his drinking would be much more of a concern to Tori than the non-subject it seems to be. 

I also found this odd. They alluded to Dean being an alcoholic and drug addict for a long time a few times, but they just glossed over it to focus on the HORROR of him ruining their fairy tale romance. Did Dean's substance abuse have no negative effects on the family until he boinked Emily Goodhand? Tori didn't seem very upset about his drinking and drugging and she didn't seem to be majorly concerned about him relapsing in Toronto. Even the "therapist" hardly touched on it. I might think that they were trying to preserve Deano's future hireability by not emphasizing the fact that he's a longtime addict fresh to recovery, but they didn't seem to have a problem portraying him as so emotionally fragile that he's thisclose to killing himself if someone looks at him sideways.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 4

Unless I missed this conversation on one of the shows, what I don't get is, if Dean is an alcoholic, why hasn't Tori told any stories about his drunkenness and how it affected the family, or described how they've hidden it from the public during their reality shows.  We haven't heard Tori, or any of their friends, refer to Dean as being a drunk or even being drunk, or describe how his alcoholism has played out in the kids' lives.  Tori's deeply concerned about him sleeping with someone else again, understandably, but she says nothing about him drinking again.  I realize the hurt came from the adultery, but since Dean blames alcoholism for his poor decisions it seems his drinking would be much more of a concern to Tori than the non-subject it seems to 

My theory is this--while it is perfectly understandable why a knight-in-shining-armor would cheat on his wife (because, you know, he's just so darn irresistible and handsome and charming and fairy-tale-like), it isn't as acceptable for a knight to be abusing drugs and alcohol.  

• Love 3

My theory is this--while it is perfectly understandable why a knight-in-shining-armor would cheat on his wife (because, you know, he's just so darn irresistible and handsome and charming and fairy-tale-like), it isn't as acceptable for a knight to be abusing drugs and alcohol.

I think it's because if a man cheats on his wife then he's a bad husband, but if he's addicted to drugs & alcohol, then his children are at risk too. It's one thing for them to say he's a cheater, but there is no way they want anyone to think that the Gourmet Dad is a bad father.

• Love 1

Or, they're flying a false flag with the substance abuse and the truth is that he doesn't want to keep it in his pants. Some people aren't satisfied by monogamy.

• Love 3

Wouldn't admitting he has a drug and/or alcohol problem hurt him professionally? Especially a show like Chopped, where they don't want their hosts or judges to be showing up to work loaded.

Suomi, I'm beginning to think you're probably right and his only addiction is to sex. Which, isn't the sexy type of addiction one wants to advertise.

• Love 2

Have to say I have not watched a single episode this go around - but followed it on TWoP and here.

Why on earth would they do this what with Tori's new detective series and Dean being on Chopped Canada?

And yeah...when the kids are adults - like they won't soon have access to the internet/netflex.

Can anyone help me out here....are large tattoos less expensive than a vasectomy?

• Love 3

I very much suspect they both have substance abuse problems.  Dean HAS actually had moments on the other, previous shows where it was obvious he was higher than a kite and speeding himself into oblivion.  Tori has only been sober because she's been pregnant so often.  Prior to these kids, she has admitted drug and alcohol usage.  It was part of the reason Candy cut her off.  Tori made her mom into an evil bitch, but I think Candy was trying to protect the families money.

Getting through the rest of the show little by excruciating little bit. Turns out it's not only the soul-searching icky factor, but that I find them to be not even remotely interesting. I'm admitting to being disappointed.

I think it's because if a man cheats on his wife then he's a bad husband, but if he's addicted to drugs & alcohol, then his children are at risk too. It's one thing for them to say he's a cheater, but there is no way they want anyone to think that the Gourmet Dad is a bad father.

See, I think cheating makes you a bad father. I believe when you have children, your commitment becomes even more important. When you cheat, you are creating discord in the home that the children have to live with. If your flandering (TM Gretchen Rossi) ends the marriage, that's going to cause further damage to the children. I've just never cottoned to the notion that cheating only affects the spouse. 

Personally, I think they just wanted to use the alcohol/drug problem as an excuse - it wasn't entirely his fault! He was under the influence! I think that THEY think it would make him look better, than cheating sober would. If he was in the right frame of mind he would never dare to betray his loving wife. 

• Love 6

I think there's a good possibility that Dean is an alcoholic, but they don't play that up for the show, because it's a lot sexier to just admit that some girl named Emily finds you/your husband fuckable. 

Are plaid shirts a Canadian thing, or just a Dean thing?

• Love 2

Hello to all from a TWOP lurker.  I don't have a lot to add about the "reunion", but I finally got around to watching it, and I have to vent.

Reunion of whom?  Two people?  Have they been living apart in tents since Dean got back from Canada? 

Tori needs to quit with the plastic surgery.  The planes of her face are slablike....she reminds me of one of the Easter Island statues, carved from rock.  Did the plastic surgeon widen her nose?  And the lips.....please, no more inflating of those lips.  When Dean was feeding her, they wrapped around the spoon like a giraffe's lips on a tree branch.  Lips that big need to be downplayed, not beclowned with neon red lipstick.  We SEE them already.

In the wedding videos, Tori actually had a shape....a waist, hips, etc.  Nice and curvy.  What happened to that?

I can't take any more of the sensationalizing of Dean's two-day screwaround.  What did the interviewer say?  The news rocketed around the world?  LOL, sure it did...it was right up there in the headlines, 24/7. 

• Love 4

Tori needs to quit with the plastic surgery.  The planes of her face are slablike....she reminds me of one of the Easter Island statues, carved from rock.

Oh my gosh....you nailed it!  I have been wracking my brain trying to remember when/where I have seen that profile before!  Thank you!

Calling last night's reunion All Questions Answered was misleading.  It should have been called "All Questions Danced Around Because This Show was Made Up."  What we saw last night were two people acting the way they thought the viewing audience wanted them to act.  Dean's tattoo was probably written with a water soluble marker!   

I could not sit through this because of all the fucking flashbacks to what happened on the show (I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ALREADY!) and the softball questions lobbed at them, and "Dr" Fucking Wexler but I kept flipping back to see if I was missing anything good (I wasn't).  I rolled my eyes so fucking hard at that damn tattoo.  That tattoo looked old, at least not done in the few days leading up to the "reunion" and since they have to fuck before Dean goes anywhere or else he might cheat again, Tori had definitely seen it.

• Love 3

I haven't watch this yet but how do you have reunion with two individuals that live together and are married.

Exactly what I was thinking this afternoon as I finally watched this train wreck.

(edited)

Are plaid shirts a Canadian thing, or just a Dean thing?

Both.

I think the whole substance abuse thing was just an attempt to explain away the behavior. It has become commonplace to excuse selfish, irresponsible behavior with the 'addiction made me do it' stuff. I think Dean tried the truth (I didn't think I would get caught) and when that fell like a lead balloon he grabbed on to the 'addict' handle and ran with it. People are more likely to accept bad behavior if they believe there is an outside force influencing it. It's much easier for Tori to think alcohol or drugs made Dean misbehave, because that means if he avoids those things, it won't happen again. Problem is, Dean's selfish, immature, thoughtless decisions are not really fueled by addiction. He behaves the same way when he's sober. He just wants what he wants, and he takes it. Being married to someone like Tori makes it so easy for Dean to continue to behave how he pleases. They enable each other with their mutual inadequacies.

I continue to be appalled at the relationship Tori has with her therapist. That woman is either playing a role on television, or the worst therapist in the history of psychotherapy. Any trained mental health professional would have pegged Deano as sociopathic/BPD within an hour of meeting him. Tori needed to be warned about Dean, not counselled through ending a marriage to start a relationship with him. To me, the therapist's motives are highly questionable, and I fear she is just another in the long line of enablers Tori surrounds herself with.

Having said all that, I like Dean on Chopped Canada. Go figure. 

Edited by JustAlison
  • Love 1
To me, the therapist's motives are highly questionable, and I fear she is just another in the long line of enablers Tori surrounds herself with.

This seems abundantly clear to me. According to Tori, this "therapist" has "counseled" her through being married to her first husband, deciding to leave him for her soul mate Dean after an affair of less than a month, marrying Dean as soon as their divorces were final, and pumping out four kids. There are so many OBVIOUS bad decisions along that path, so either Dr. Wexler has pointed some/all of that out to Tori and they're pretending for the cameras that none of that past work happened or Dr. Wexler has just gone along with the fuckery of Tori's life for the past decade supporting her in her delusions that she deserves a princess fairytale life and that anything  bad that happens is coming out of nowhere and SO UNFAIR.

Dr. Wexler is obviously colluding in the fake narrative they created for the show, which seems bizarre and antithetical to the goals of a real therapist. How could she do real therapy with Tori and/or Dean where they really open up about their issues, then film a scripted session for TV? The idea that the TV sessions weren't scripted and actually reflect the "therapy" she's providing is even more disturbing. I would think that a therapist who was truly concerned about Tori's (and her kids') well-being would have advised her against doing the show and refused to participate if Tori did it anyway. How could an ethical mental health professional participate in a process that is detrimental to her patient? How could any sane person think that doing this show would be beneficial to Tori or her kids in terms of anything but money? I almost included Dean in that, but I think that the show may have actually helped him by showing what a train wreck Tori is and, thus, making him more sympathetic.

• Love 1

Putting this here because it's a general comment and there's no obvious place it belongs.

Her thing about working "Tori" into the title of everything has always annoyed me. It was cute the first time, MAYBE, but now I am so over it. I know that many others here and at TWOP have properly lambasted her for this already.

The other day I realized that the name of this show was bugging me so much because when I think it in my head, I hear a child with a speech impediment saying "True story" And I also have that kind of mixed up with the intro of the Real World where someone always says, "True story!"

I asked my 4 year old, who is in speech therapy, to say "True story" and she totally said "true tory," Because she can't do that blend.

Anyway.

• Love 3

Ugh!  Just saw a commercial for the upcoming Cabin Fever!!  We know it was filmed before the incident and I totally believed no one would air it after this disaster, but no, they are going to air it.  The ad shows what a happy go lucky family they are.  Note to self - please don't watch this!!!

• Love 1

Putting this here because it's a general comment and there's no obvious place it belongs.

Her thing about working "Tori" into the title of everything has always annoyed me. It was cute the first time, MAYBE, but now I am so over it. I know that many others here and at TWOP have properly lambasted her for this already.

Tori's obsession with making a play on words to include "Tori" in everything from her website, to that store she had, to her books and her TV shows has always irritated the hell out of me. It strikes me as completely narcissistic, and also very, very immature, (which is exactly what she is).

Ugh!  Just saw a commercial for the upcoming Cabin Fever!!  We know it was filmed before the incident and I totally believed no one would air it after this disaster, but no, they are going to air it.  The ad shows what a happy go lucky family they are.  Note to self - please don't watch this!!!

Double ugh! I Googled it just now and didn't find anything new about it. There's this from last summer:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/tori-dean-cabin-fever-set-for-spring/

‘Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever’ Set For Spring

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Monday August 26, 2013 @ 1:27pm PDT

Production has begun on Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever, a series that follows Tori Spelling, hubby Dean McDermott and their four kids as they head to Ontario, Canada, to renovate a lakeside cottage. We follow the family as they experience the highs and lows of cottage life – including canoeing, mosquitoes, eccentric neighbors and potential bear run-ins. Cineflix is producing with Spelling and McDermott exec producing. It’s slated to air on CMT in Canada and HGTV in the U.S. in spring 2014.

So glad I was able to catch this trainwreck on On Demand.  It's always nice to have something mind-numbing to watch while home with my infant (I like the emotional maturity of my viewing companions to match the emotional maturity of my reality stars).  I just wish I had initiated a drinking game where I took a shot every time they said "Chopped: Canada." 

Tori & Jennie Garth are appearing on The View tomorrow.  Should be interesting how this will play out as I thnk Tori being a D-Lister does not have enough clout to force those ladies not to bring up Dean.  Poor Jennie!!

• Love 2
(edited)

According to Mary Jo, Dean called her the day he started filming to tell her he had met Tori Spelling.  She asked him what she was like and Dean said - nice and very down to earth.  Mary Jo jokingly told him to get to know her cause her and her Dad might throw some roles his way.  Which is exactly what he did.  As we all know they slept together that night and every other night from that day. and calling Mary Jo every night not mentioning his new Soul Mate.  Maybe in Dean's twisted mind he had Mary Jo's permission.  Hee!  What an asshole.

I think Candy has big time payed DeanO's women off.  Tori probably cryed to her each time and begged her to do something.  Would explain why Candy hates him.  She has said on talk shows that she would protect Tori and the 4 kids.  But she is smart enough to not let Dean get his mitts on any of her $$$$.

Saw Dean on Chopped Canada today and I swear he slurred 2 words.  One was "decision" and I've forgotten the other.  He has ruined that show for me as every time I watch I look at every female chef and wonder did he sleep with her?  Did he sleep with her?  What about her!  Yuck!

I thought it was just me who heard Dean slur his words.  I can't watch that show without thinking who he's going to bang that night.  He looks all too happy pants constantly rolling back and forth on his heels like "I gave that chick my room key, hurry up, a couple of drinks, call the wifey poo and then go knock boots."

If I were a pap....

Hey Tori.... CANADA CANADA CANADA! That would throw her off the ledge.  

Hey Tori.... CanaTORIda!  CanaTORIda CanaTORIda!  Then she'd love it and trademark it.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1