Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Win, Place, Or Sonja

• Start Topic

I guess I haven't seen where she is trying to be young and cool. I get the impression this is just who she is. 

I suppose it is but.......I don't like her. She has certain elitist thing going on kind of like The Countess on the opposite. The whole American Indian thing rubbed me the wrong way. I hate people who think they can tell others what words are ok to use especially since she was wrong.

• Love 4
I'm starting to think she has bought very few new things since her divorce.

Sonja does buy new clothes.  But she keeps the tags on them, and then returns them to the store.  We've seen some of the tags on the show...when she tried to convince us she doesn't take the tags off because she wants to remember how much she paid for them or some such nonsense.

• Love 2

From Carole's blog:

Sonja has no idea what she is doing, betting wise. She got mad, she got drunk, and she ditched us at the track. We told her we were leaving. She wanted to stay. I learned things about Sonja this episode. She was married twice. Huh? (Drink.) And she is a mean drunk, and a fast packer.

It sounds like they did tell Sonja they were leaving and she chose to stay. No doubt someone from production was also there, so I doubt she was left flailing drunk at the track.  Sonja was just pissed that of all the ladies she's the one who needed money the most and she was the only one who didn't win any. She was having a big, old pity party for one.

• Love 3
(edited)

Baltimore Betty: The outfit that Sonja wore to the races, a negligee-type top and cropped white pants, was not the outfit that she returned to the house in. When she was walking toward the house on her return, she had on a neutral-toned cotton dress. Anyone else notice?

Thanks! I knew I wasn't crazy but do we get an explanation, the other women seemed to not notice or just take in stride, odd.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 2
It sounds like they did tell Sonja they were leaving and she chose to stay. No doubt someone from production was also there, so I doubt she was left flailing drunk at the track.  Sonja was just pissed that of all the ladies she's the one who needed money the most and she was the only one who didn't win any. She was having a big, old pity party for one.

Didn't you hear? She was networking with her "contacts". Heeee

Seriously, though. What were they supposed to do? I did get the impression they sent more than one text. Beyond that, were they to traipse all over the track looking for her? Should they split up to cover more ground? What if more girls got separated? Should they have just sat at the table all afternoon until she decided to come back? I said this before, but with the funk Sonja was in I could see them finding her, only to be told she was having too much fun and didn't want to leave. 

• Love 5

I just wouldn't leave without my drunk friend. Sure production was there but we aren't supposed to consider that so, don't leave your drunk friend, she can't protect herself.

• Love 4

Thanks! I knew I wasn't crazy but do we get an explanation, the other women seemed to not notice or just take in stride, odd.

No explanation! I think it is very, very curious. Was the bag she carried to the races big enough to put a change of clothes in? Or to carry home the clothes she took off (including the hat!)?

I just wouldn't leave without my drunk friend. Sure production was there but we aren't supposed to consider that so, don't leave your drunk friend, she can't protect herself.

But this isn't a situation where they just up and left Sonja without checking on her. They told her they were ready to go and Sonja didn't want to leave yet. Sonja even admits this in a round about way in her own blog. Of course she then goes of on a tangent about meeting with her contacts in the winners circle and going somewhere else afterward. But, it wasn't a situation where they just abandoned a drunk friend.

• Love 2
(edited)

I find this possibility intriguing.

Way back on TWOP in the RHOC thread, we were discussing the infamous 1980s Bunco Party and how Vicki had stormed off in a huff, only to return a couple of minutes later to resume the argument.

A poster at the time suggested that perhaps production had instructed her car to leave and she really had no choice but to go back in and continue the drama.

I could totally see Sonja trying to leave and her car and driver had conveniently disappeared into the night. Of course, I guess we'll have to wait for next week to see what brings her back into the house.

Personally, I'd have let the drunken fool take off. Unless she were going to pull a Juicy Joe Guidice and attempt to drive herself somewhere.

I think the producers of the show will either talk a HW off the ledge or wind them up, depending on how they want things to go. For Sonja, I can picture them gently convincing her not to leave. For Kelly on Scary Island, I think at first they were winding her up. Remember the scene where Kelly goes to her room and then later comes out skipping with candy? I think the producers were "helping" her get through the trip. Until of course they realized that she was having a melt down. To this day, when I think of Jill mentioning seeing Kelly at the airport (on Jill's way in), I can picture Kelly running up to the other side of the glass and pressing her face up to the glass screaming Help Me.......while Jill smiles, waves and says Hiiiiiii in that Jill voice, as she walks past her. :-)

As for Sonja pulling a Juicy Joe......remember she got a DUI in the Hamptons two, three years ago? I'm terrible remembering dates, sorry. It's weird there wasn't much news about her arrest. I don't remember how it ended.

Eta: Oops didn't read through all the post first and see that Lola16 posted about Sonja's DUI. Lola16. Do you remember what happened?

Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 1

I thought the museum was okay, in and of itself. I'm perfectly okay with discussion revolving around sex, even find such talk mildly entertaining, but not in the crude and childish manner these Bravo folks and a lot of their players seem to dole it out, with seeming lack of subtlety, wit, intellect, and too much awkward personal information. They've really been pushing the sex and provocation/violence, and further giving platform to the degradation of feminist values lately, all across the franchise board. Are they sinking or aiming for low brow, I wonder. No POC casting that I can recall either, though forgive me if I have it wrong. After a few cast shake-ups, I just figure, on a show that takes place in one of the most multicultural cities in the world, they would cast one. That's a big miss I would think, for a larger audience and more culture on the show.

I keep hanging on and watching, because NY is my favorite franchise, and I bolded he show to thrive, but I don't want it to thrive on the BS they think I ought to find entertaining. I'll see this season through, not sure on the next. Man, that's such a bummer to say.

I completely agree, I bolded that part because I have never understood why RHoNYC didn't have a poc on, for all the reason you stated. Atlanta is the RH franchise biggest hit. And I have always assumed it was because it pulled a large non white audience plus all the regular RH viewers. You would think Bravo would see that.
  • Love 2

But this isn't a situation where they just up and left Sonja without checking on her. They told her they were ready to go and Sonja didn't want to leave yet. Sonja even admits this in a round about way in her own blog. Of course she then goes of on a tangent about meeting with her contacts in the winners circle and going somewhere else afterward. But, it wasn't a situation where they just abandoned a drunk friend.

I didn't read her blog and the show made it seem like they never got a hold of her. If they did and she didn't want to leave, I still would have found her made sure she was okay and protected.

• Love 2

I could have sworn we saw the women going into various buildings (and a barn/paddock area) calling out Sonja's name while looking for her.  

If production didn't want them to leave, they wouldn't have left -- we've certainly seen casts from BH and Atlanta forced to wait hours for people. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I didn't read her blog and the show made it seem like they never got a hold of her. If they did and she didn't want to leave, I still would have found her made sure she was okay and protected.

That was the editing. You can tell because of the fact that Sonja came back in her angry scene where a completely different outfit. The timeline is skewed that is why I read the blogs to figure out what happened. They found her told her the wanted to go. She didn't want to leave yet because she was having too much fun socializing with her "contacts." I'm not sure how much more protected she could have been since she had production with her.

ETA: At some point the different women went back to the house without each other. Kristen went back to take a nap. Sonja obviously went back to change clothes. Sonja says in her blog that she was sure that Luann was going to meet her at the last place she went (Siro?), but Luann denies that as she says that they were all wanting to freshen up to go out and enjoy the nightlife. I think when we saw Sonja angry about being "left behind" it was because Luann didn't meet up with her at the last place she went and not because the women abandoned her at the track.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 5
(edited)

ETA: At some point the different women went back to the house without each other. Kristen went back to take a nap. Sonja obviously went back to change clothes. Sonja says in her blog that she was sure that Luann was going to meet her at the last place she went (Siro?), but Luann denies that as she says that they were all wanting to freshen up to go out and enjoy the nightlife. I think when we saw Sonja angry about being "left behind" it was because Luann didn't meet up with her at the last place she went and not because the women abandoned her at the track.

Did I imagine this, or did I see a scene with LuAnn and Kristin hula hooping right between the scenes at the horse race?

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 1

Did I imagine this, or did I see a scene with LuAnn and Kristin hula hooping right between the scenes at the horse race?

I remember something similar. I couldn't figure out the context though. It was just s weirdly edited episode all around.

(edited)

Did I imagine this, or did I see a scene with LuAnn and Kristin hula hooping right between the scenes at the horse race?

I saw that too. They both looked like they were having a great time. Yeah, I didn't really understand where it fit in the timeline of the day. Edited by imjagain

Despite its brokenness, until this week, this was still my favorite HW show -  I really do love Heather -- but I'm starting to think maybe it is fundamentally broken.   I used to wish they had truly rebooted, even renaming the show Real Housewives of Manhattan, and started with a totally new cast when they introduced Heather et al.  But it might be that no "real" women in NYC want to do the show and they might be trapped with this current low-rent spectacle they've got going.  And really, if the producers of this show have so little judgment and morals as to think that George is charming or fun to watch, then maybe this franchise really can't be saved.  I can't tell you how sad it makes me to say that.  I love RHONY.  But whatever is happening on my TV right now is something I cannot abide.

Right there with you. This was the first HW's show I ever watched, then at one point or another I watched every other HW incarnation while going through withdrawal from this one, and now I am back to just this one. In fact, I buy the episodes because I don't even have cable anymore and barely watch television (I know, that's a sin).

It’s really infuriating to think I paid for an episode in which lecherous trash is celebrated for lecherous behavior, so I have cancelled my subscription. Sadly, it didn't have to be that way because I genuinely laughed out loud several times this episode/season. It would have been nice if the ladies had called him out on his behavior. That would at least give me a reason to continue watching, but this feels surreal now. They are holier-than-thou to the point of an "intervention" when it comes to Ramona's inappropriateness (and rightfully so), yet George gets smiles and kisses and giggles. WTF? I'd like to know where Kristin's ever-present shocked face was when she was felt up. Where was the Kristin that was arguing with a plastered Sonja? Or the Kristin that stood her ground with Ramona, even after receiving an apology, and wouldn't give an inch? She wouldn't give Ramona an inch but it’s OK for George to go for the whole tit? Again, WTF?

I saw that too. They both looked like they were having a great time. Yeah, I didn't really understand where it fit in the timeline of the day.

Wish they would have more of that and less fighting, Aviva, and George.

• Love 6

I just watched the episode and am totally disgusted by George.  What a revolting human being.  In what world is this supposed to be entertaining or amusing?  I won't watch again if he is on.  I can't un-hear that crap.

• Love 1

I guess I haven't seen where she is trying to be young and cool. I get the impression this is just who she is.

The first time I got that "I'm too cool-for-school, look how laid back I am" vibe from her was in her first season. She's riding in a convertible through the sexy streets of NYC with Rockstar Russ and listening to the song he supposedly wrote for her.  And she's got her feet up on the dashboard.  Now, unless you're on a road trip of 1,000 miles and trying to avoid a blood clot, or you're five years old, put your damn feet down. 

What. Only me? 

• Love 8

I ran across this photo shoot of Kristen's-for all her blather about her face being her living I thought it was interesting the top of the catalogue page has Kristen's face away from camera.  I do think she has a great body and models this type of sportswear well.  I just think she looks every bit of 36 years if not more

Is looking 36 a bad thing?  Has she ever claimed that she looks so much younger than her biological years?  I'm thinking the answer is a "no" to both questions.  But please--somebody certainly feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! 

• Love 9
(edited)

Andy tweeting that "RHONY is hysterical tonight" absolutely flummoxed me.   George assaulted Kristen.  The fact that she felt obligated to accept it as a rite of passage does not make it okay - in fact, it's worse, to imply that women should let men assault them so as not to upset the group dynamic. He threatened to assault Ramona's CORPSE in the most horrible way possible.  And this is supposed to be funny?  I mean, given the huge national dialogue going on right now about #YesAllWomen, I cannot even BELIEVE that Bravo (and Andy) were so incredibly tone deaf, foolish, hateful, and mysogynistic as to think that this would be funny.  I think Andy Cohen must truly hate women  (yes, all women).

Despite its brokenness, until this week, this was still my favorite HW show -  I really do love Heather -- but I'm starting to think maybe it is fundamentally broken.   I used to wish they had truly rebooted, even renaming the show Real Housewives of Manhattan, and started with a totally new cast when they introduced Heather et al.  But it might be that no "real" women in NYC want to do the show and they might be trapped with this current low-rent spectacle they've got going.  And really, if the producers of this show have so little judgment and morals as to think that George is charming or fun to watch, then maybe this franchise really can't be saved.  I can't tell you how sad it makes me to say that.  I love RHONY.  But whatever is happening on my TV right now is something I cannot abide.

I think this franchise could be salvaged and get back on track if Bravo eliminates George, Aviva, (and possibly Kristin? because her story line is so ZZZZZZZZZZZ (TM Vicky Gunvalson).  I wish they'd reinstate LuAnne full time and maybe bring back Bethenny (hanging my head in shame as my hand basket plummets straigh to hell) as a part time "friend" of the housewives.  I never could take Bethenny in large doses but I would like her to come back and whip some of these females into shape now that she is sans TV show.  As much as I loathe BF I must give credit where credit's due .... No one brings the snark like she does.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 2

So much this! I realize she had the other half of the crew with her and I'm sure she was perfectly safe, but still, you don't leave your friend at a racetrack (or anywhere) just because you texted them once and they didn't reply! She probably had her phone on vibrate and didn't notice it! I was so annoyed that they just left her and then got all pissy when she was mad about it. I realize she was wasted, and I get that it is annoying to have to find your drunk friend but it's still what you do. 

Normally, I am all 'no one left behind'.  However, Sonja wasn't alone.  She was mic'd.  The other howives texted and called her (Kristen says Sonja isn't answering my call) and they walked around looking for her.  Sonja let everyone know that this was her 'hood.  And Sonja ditched them.  Who knows how long they searched for her before production told them to head back to the house to continue filming.  I'd expect they got assurances that someone would keep looking and help her back.  I think Sonja was mad that she didn't win money and that they continued to party without her.  She's a sloppy drunk.

@Grneyedldy - It was the start of the Summer season in the Hamptons 2010.

• Love 1

I think this franchise could be salvaged and get back on track if Bravo eliminates George, Aviva, (and possibly Krisitn because her story line is so ZZZZZZZZZZZ (TM Vicky Gunvalson). I wish they'd reinstate LuAnne full time and maybe bring back Bethenny (hanging my head in shame as my hand basket plummets straigh to hell) as a part time "friend" of the housewives. I never could take Bethenny in large doses but I would like her to come back and whip some of these females into place.

I think Aviva has never really worked as a cast member. She manages to be crazy and boring at the same time. I can't stand Carol and go up and down with Heather, but I think they work as cast members. They're both entertaining and even when I can't stand them they 're not uncomfortable to watch. I say cut Aviva, bring back Luanne full time, reduce Sonja to a friend of Ramona's and bring back Bethany as a friend of Luanne's. Bethany and Carol could have interesting chemistry (good or bad). I'm still undecided on Kristen.

• Love 2

I would personally make the cast a little more diverse so when they meet a black person like Cody they won't look at her like she came from outer space. Or be afraid that she will be mistaken for their dealer.

New York is one of the most diverse areas of the nation. Surely they can do better than this?

• Love 8

Is looking 36 a bad thing?  Has she ever claimed that she looks so much younger than her biological years?  I'm thinking the answer is a "no" to both questions.  But please--somebody certainly feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! 

I think she used age against Ramona like it was an insult to be post-menopausal. So she may not have specifically said that she looks young, the inference is that she is better because she is younger. The OP may be just reminding Kristen that she looks at least her age and there is always someone younger and more beautiful.

• Love 2

Cody (nee Dana) isn't what they've told us.  Not shocking.  In order to not derail this thread since it's episode specific, I've posted details in the George thread.

The first time I got that "I'm too cool-for-school, look how laid back I am" vibe from her was in her first season. She's riding in a convertible through the sexy streets of NYC with Rockstar Russ and listening to the song he supposedly wrote for her.  And she's got her feet up on the dashboard.  Now, unless you're on a road trip of 1,000 miles and trying to avoid a blood clot, or you're five years old, put your damn feet down. 

What. Only me? 

I'm right there with you rb.

I would personally make the cast a little more diverse so when they meet a black person like Cody they won't look at her like she came from outer space. Or be afraid that she will be mistaken for their dealer.

New York is one of the most diverse areas of the nation. Surely they can do better than this?

Of course they can.  But if they are going for people who know each other, that might limit it.  Though I think what limits it most, is what respectable person would join unless they are promoting something?

(edited)

The first time I got that "I'm too cool-for-school, look how laid back I am" vibe from her was in her first season. She's riding in a convertible through the sexy streets of NYC with Rockstar Russ and listening to the song he supposedly wrote for her. And she's got her feet up on the dashboard. Now, unless you're on a road trip of 1,000 miles and trying to avoid a blood clot, or you're five years old, put your damn feet down.

What. Only me?

I dunno, that sounds kind of romantic. She had a song written especially for her, probably made her feel really special, just like anyone in love, and to me it just looked like she was In It, you know? Just feeling the moment. I'm trying to picture what I'd do in that situation, and I'd probably just melt, feel like the most special girl ever, and yeah, if my loved one was too far to hold, just kick back and enjoy it. Put your feet up? Sure, whatever's comfortable. I already hate to conform to some strange authority that says I should posture or sit myself down in ways that are right and rigid and correct, that kind of thing makes no sense to me, I suppose, especially in company I know well. I feel that it would be plausible to kick ones feet up in a moment of carefree exuberance, Sure. That's how I chose to see it I guess. But I can see how you would be put off by it as well and/or assume it was charade. Edited by Souvlaki
  • Love 6

To the posters wondering why there are no people of color in this cast, I seriously doubt that many black women in the city at this income level would want to be on such a show. Not anyone who's married with children, at least. Maybe a bohemian artist type, however. An African-American Carole, so to speak. I think that could work very nicely. Or a well-educated New York Knicks wife. But a truly-upper crust black woman would be shunned and/or forced to be like Heather of Beverly Hills, which isn't all that fun, although I like Heather. (And, I say all this as a black woman).

They definitely need to dump Aviva. She has brought nothing to the table since her return except her sad, filthy, gross father and his fake fiancée, who hasn't seen 24 for some time, I might add. I seriously doubt Bethanny would consider returning, but one never knows. LuAnn full-time might be good if she's like she's been this season and stays off of her high horse. Maybe they should give Alex another roll. 

I live in New York. In every party, restaurant, social gathering or family event that I have ever attended there have been many diverse groups represented. White. Black. Latin. Asian. Russian. Catholics. Jews. Muslims. You name it they are there in New York. Why such a limited universe.

I mean I bet they can get Beyoncé's sister with no problem. I would love to see her bitch slap Ramona in an elevator.

• Love 4

I'd rather the relationships be more organic.  When people start getting introduced that aren't part of the casts' circles, it feels forced.  See Alex & Simon.  I personally don't want any more of that.

• Love 1

Well as I understand it Heather and Josh know and have worked with Jay-z and Beyoncé and know them pretty well. I would imagine they would know Beyoncé's sister pretty well too since they are often together. So that would be a lot more organic than most additions to the Housewives franchises.

I just find it hard to believe that none of these girls have any black, Latin or Asian friends that they could introduce into the group. What's up with that?

• Love 1

Ask Andy.  I think DC was the most racially diverse cast.

I just find it hard to believe that none of these girls have any black, Latin or Asian friends that they could introduce into the group. What's up with that?

• Love 1

I live in New York. In every party, restaurant, social gathering or family event that I have ever attended there have been many diverse groups represented. White. Black. Latin. Asian. Russian. Catholics. Jews. Muslims. You name it they are there in New York. Why such a limited universe.

I mean I bet they can get Beyoncé's sister with no problem. I would love to see her bitch slap Ramona in an elevator.

Haha yeah, that's what I'm saying. At Carole's designer party I think that this was shown, and at several events I can't currently recollect. I appreciated the lgbt love at least, everyone got along and mingled and had a great time there as well.

(edited)

What a relief to see I wasn't the only one who caught that!

Sonja also posted up a video on her social media of her playing basketball outside when, she claims, was literally right before she walked inside the house, the video being her attempt to prove to viewers she wasn't "drunk" when she went into the house.

And she had on that PANTSUIT IN THE VIDEO, TOO!!!

I dunno.  Looks to me Sonja must have had that cotton dress (which looked very nightgown-ish to me) stuffed into her purse to change into later...But where, Sonja?  On the basketball court???  Behind foliage outside of the house?  There wasn't enough time between that front door shutting and her stomping off for her to have changed in a foyer.  Totally bizarre.  

Between that change of clothes and the bedhead, looks like Sonja might have been doing the Walk of Shame when she came home from Siri's.  

Edited by Persnickety1
(edited)

I never could take Bethenny in large doses but I would like her to come back and whip some of these females into shape now that she is sans TV show.  As much as I loathe BF I must give credit where credit's due .... No one brings the snark like she does.

I'd love to see Bethenny dealing with that creepy George.  Hell, I'd pay to watch that shit go down on a Pay-Per-View Event.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6

Another person who doesn't particularly like Carole checking in. " any number of reasons, her season 1 attempts to take down my beloved LuLu being one.

But I also think she tries too hard. I wouldn't normally think of the Sex in the City comparison, but I do wonder if she took that episode about Aiden having a cabin " in the middle if nowhere" aka Suffern NY - Carole's hometown, and ran with the image of the bohemian lifestyle. But Suffern is solidly suburban,middle class to the core. I grew up not far from there (any Monsey folks here?? No, likely just me!).

She also just tried So Very Hard to be the hip, cultured one. When I read her blogs I wonder how much time she spent thinking up a way to sneak in all those references to literary figures - she sure doesn't use them in casual conversation.

On to Sonja. Now that was embarrassing. I'm forever grateful my youthful drunken days were long before cell phone cameras, that was a mess. I suspect Kristin shoo'ed Heather away because she thought she could reason with Sonja better (since Heather was already pissed), but you can't argue with a drunk! I didn't notice her dress was different, but I sure noticed the hair, and her inability to fix it.

I now fast forward through anything with Aviva and George, much nicer that way!

• Love 2

When I read her blogs I wonder how much time she spent thinking up a way to sneak in all those references to literary figures - she sure doesn't use them in casual conversation.

I freely confess that sometimes her blogs just drive me batshit crazy.

Way too many metaphors for my brain when I'm struggling to wake up with a cup of coffee and perusing all things housewives.  

I wish she would stop trying to make them so clever and just stick to the facts, ma'am, just the facts.  

• Love 2

Thank you for that. Hmm I wonder why her sentence was never published? I can't imagine there wasn't a consequence.

Sonja's court date was June 21 2010 but I don't know if it was postponed or what the outcome was.  After googling Dana/Cody and reading all the disturbing stuff including the fact that her father isn't dead... well, I've done enough sleuthing for one night!

• Love 1

I think that Carole is the only one who actually has brought on a friend who is a person of color--Ranjana. That said, I don't think it's up to the show to teach these women how to be around non-white women, Like, for real? Dana Cody shouldn't be an anomaly to them, regardless of the (lacking) number women of color cast members--full-time or part-time--Andy hires.

• Love 1

I think Andy Cohen must truly hate women  (yes, all women).

It is very obvious that he hates women and it has shown over the years but this George character takes the cake.  As any person who berates another he is obviously insecure.  I now understand why his wife was an alcoholic and I am being serious.  Sexism is the last frontier of acceptable hate.  I am in my forties and I can remember in HS when we had a pep rally and all the football players came out with balloons on their chests and dressed in makeup I felt sick and enraged but the crowd was laughing hysterically.  I remember thinking, I'm a female, do we come off as this ridiculous? This isn't me.  I have since grown wiser in my years and realize why people like George exist and they are trying to control someone.  I would verbally shame him right back but I think he picks his targets(weak) carefully, like most predators.  There is also a side of me that would completely ignore him as to not give him a rise(certainly no pun intended here).  My husband would not be amused and would pull him aside and teach the old man how to treat a human being whether it's a man or woman.  My parents have a friend that is almost 80 and he is not as lecherous as George but he will try his boundaries on most pretty women.  I have known him since I was a teenager and my dad told me the other day that he never trusted him to be around his daughters.  It's pretty bad that a guy can see the gross behavior.  As women we have a sixth sense to always be on the lookout for danger and this sense is not being used by most of these women except Romona whom I personally loathe but dang she was right to be grossed out and shocked at the funeral comment. Just damn.

• Love 6

I think Aviva has never really worked as a cast member. She manages to be crazy and boring at the same time. I can't stand Carol and go up and down with Heather, but I think they work as cast members. They're both entertaining and even when I can't stand them they 're not uncomfortable to watch. I say cut Aviva, bring back Luanne full time, reduce Sonja to a friend of Ramona's and bring back Bethany as a friend of Luanne's. Bethany and Carol could have interesting chemistry (good or bad). I'm still undecided on Kristen.

Agree 10 thousand percent.  Don't like Carol this season at ALL and can I get an "Amen" that she is waaaay too old to be trying to pull off that Boho-Chic (or whatever it is) look?  Pffft.  Carol's a few years older than me.  People always think I'm in my late 30's.  I have a body similar to Carol's (but with big boobs) and make no mistake about it, I would never try to pull a look like that off.  I am too old.  Is it the look that bugs or the way Carol puts her outfits together to achieve the look...  I can't call it.  What I do know is that I totally HATED many of the outfits Carol sported on the weekend getaway at Heather's place.

I am looking at you baby-doll dress paired with those stupid cowboy boots.  And in 100 degree weather/humidity at that.  No Bueno.  The "Too cool for school" vibe grates as well as the "Carrie Bradshaw" wannabe persona, well, I'm completely over it this season.  I think Carol and Bethenny would become great friends if they ever got together.  Heather I like more this season than last but dump the "holla" crap et al.  Enough already.  1992 called and it wants its vernacular back.

Love LuAnne so much more now that she quit all the "Countess" BS and took that stick out of her butt.  She's so much more real and down to earth now.  This is the LuAnne I adore and I wish they'd bump her back up to FT housewife status.  Kristin is meh.  Sonja is spiraling out of control.  The Grey Gardens comparison is spot-on.  Sonja's delusional and getting harder and harder to watch with each passing episode.  When I saw next week's preview with Sonja passing out and the camera blurring out her vagine for the entire country to see it just made me sadder than sad.  I don't want to watch her progressive downward spiral even if I am just a fly on the wall.

• Love 3
(edited)

A note on Kristen. I found it interesting that she stopped Heather from approaching Sonja, claiming she wanted to rescue her from a mean drunk.  But she continued to argue with Sonja knowing she wouldn't get anywhere. She seems to enjoy confrontation. Much like the scene earlier this episode with the other girls, she continued to bring up the glass throwing incident to prolong that plotline. Not sure about her...

I noticed the same things regarding Kristin.  She apparently studied her friend Brandi's seasons on how to get included in scenes.  She makes sure she's involved.  I thought I'd like her, but her 'acting' is getting on my nerves.  All the bug eyed big open mouthed expressions are irritating.  She wants to be the Star, that's for sure-- whether it's crying about  her hubby and friends leaving her behind in a race, or her lip being cut (LOOK at my LIP, just LOOK at it!) endlessly, to pushing Heather out of the way so SHE could be in the scene with drunk Sonja....  I'm just tired of her face.  This episode really featured her, she had a couple of talking heads,too.  And that laugh!  So operatic! (ha,ha HA!)  Gee I feel mean, but I think she's the new girl and shouldn't be so featured.  One more thing-- if she had heard George was an old perv who felt up women why would she make sure to walk right up to him so close in her braless dress and then when he did his thing scurry off all big shocked smiles...?  She seems like an immature girl who's been told she's 'preeety' and needs that attention, no matter what.

Edited by stcroix
  • Love 5