Type keyword(s) to search

Witch Way Now: Charmed in the Media and the Cast in Other Roles

Lisin

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm not sure how that could be done since Prue is, well, dead.

Whitelighter or new Elder, perhaps?

Hey, if we can get ghost Grams and Patty, we can surely get a form of Prue around.

That would be exciting if they could do it, though. 

11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Whitelighter or new Elder, perhaps?

Hey, if we can get ghost Grams and Patty, we can surely get a form of Prue around.

That would be exciting if they could do it, though. 

Well they can always do it as more of an alternate universe set after season 3 where Prue didn't die. What if Rose doesn't want to appear, but the other three do. It would be a way to bring Prue back without worrying about Forever Charmed.

But I could see Prue being a whitelighter, and a real reason we never saw her for years. She might show up finally in 2016 to reunite with her sisters. They could use time travel to bring Prue back, or a Prue from a timeline who didn't die shows up. I don't know. 

A ghost or whitelighter or an alternate universe version of Prue is the only option. 

(edited)
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm not sure how that could be done since Prue is, well, dead.

Obviously it would be a reboot showing what Charmed could've been like had Shannen not been fired.  All three surviving, each having a daughter so they can't become Charmed and no Wyatt or Chris, and no Paige., so having a whitelighter for a father isn't more important than having a Warren for a mother.  EXACTLY what I've always wanted!!!

Much as I'd hate it being about teenagers (I'm 64 and get bored with teen-aged angst, which is why I don't like Buffy or BH90210 or PLL or other such shows, shows I probably would've loved if I was a lot younger) if it was mainly about the sisters and not their daughters, I'd *love* it!

Now THAT's my idea of a reboot!!!  SOOOO much better than their earlier ideas!  THIS is what the fans want!

Edited by Esmeralda
  • Love 1

I wouldn't necessarily hate a reboot, but I would kinda hate if it was just a giant retcon of "what if Prue didn't die and Paige never existed lalala!" because gosh darn it to heck I love Paige and I will not stand to see her be treated like chopped liver.

Also, if any sort of reboot takes place in current day and the Charmed Ones don't at least try and go back in time to change the outcome of a certain presidential election, what use are they? (I kid. Mostly.)

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh, I'm sure some fans would love it and some would hate it.  But with the way Rose felt about episodic TV, I truly think it being that retcon would be best.

And I love Paige, too.

I just always felt the show jumped the shark when she became half-whitelighter and would SO love to see that fixed so that having a mother that's a Warren would be more important than having a father who's a whitelighter. 

*sigh*  Then I can I could be interpreting this all wrong - or CBS won't like it and won't let it happen - and they still owned the rights to Charmed.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Edited by Esmeralda

Well Rose would only sign on if it were a movie. She won't do a series again. Maybe it will turn out to be a reunion movie and it does include all four sisters, with it set after the series and Prue comes back. With the potential for more if it goes well? That would probably be the only way that Rose would consider doing it, if it doesn't mean she is tied down to a series again.

But television revivals or reboots these days are not 22 episodes. The reason Prison Break, The X Files or the upcoming returns of Will and Grace and Roseanne are even happening, is actors are more willing to come back for a limited run of between 6 and 10 episodes, as opposed to 22. So maybe, just maybe, it will include all four. Otherwise doing it without Paige will be the next best thing, if they wish to turn this into an ongoing thing. 

But we could actually see it turning into a full out next generations series, with a new set of Charmed Ones and the original cast only playing recurring/supporting roles. We just don't have enough information to know what is being planned. 

Guess we will just have to wait and see. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

Well Rose would only sign on if it were a movie. She won't do a series again. Maybe it will turn out to be a reunion movie and it does include all four sisters, with it set after the series and Prue comes back. With the potential for more if it goes well? That would probably be the only way that Rose would consider doing it, if it doesn't mean she is tied down to a series again.

What I could see them doing is state in the pilot that Paige, Henry, and her children have decided to move away from San Francisco. That way, if Rose wants to make cameos, she can by Paige orbing when she's needed, and they can even state that they don't want to call on Paige if they don't have to. Maybe she's fighting demons in another city because San Francisco isn't as big of a threat anymore. Who knows? They can make it make sense without erasing Paige's importance from the show. 

But it's still fairly early. With all the reboots in the last few years, I do think it has a chance of getting a limited series order and I think fans would enjoy the show coming back in whatever capacity. And if they get Burge instead of Kern to return as a producer, then I wouldn't be mad. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

What I could see them doing is state in the pilot that Paige, Henry, and her children have decided to move away from San Francisco. That way, if Rose wants to make cameos, she can by Paige orbing when she's needed, and they can even state that they don't want to call on Paige if they don't have to. Maybe she's fighting demons in another city because San Francisco isn't as big of a threat anymore. Who knows? They can make it make sense without erasing Paige's importance from the show. 

But it's still fairly early. With all the reboots in the last few years, I do think it has a chance of getting a limited series order and I think fans would enjoy the show coming back in whatever capacity. And if they get Burge instead of Kern to return as a producer, then I wouldn't be mad. 

Neither would I.  Or if they can get Paul Ruditis and/or Sheryl J. Anderson to write all of the episodes, I'd be the happiest Charmed fan around no matter what they do!

29 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

They could find ways to have Paige and her family moved away. Maybe they come up with a way of bringing Prue back, where she is more than a ghost.

I think this does have a chance to return. Every year more and more shows are coming back for a limited run. Prison Break and X Files for instance hired the original writing crew who were more apart of the earlier seasons. The creator of Prison Break who left after season 3 returned for the limited revival. So nothing says the original writers and Burge can't return for Charmed. But it does come down to who is free and not attached to another series or project. So we could end up with the comic writers doing Charmed with a writer or two from the original series.

26 minutes ago, Esmeralda said:

Neither would I.  Or if they can get Paul Ruditis and/or Sheryl J. Anderson to write all of the episodes, I'd be the happiest Charmed fan around no matter what they do!

Let's just hope that Brad Kern isn't apart of it or his clone brother Pat (who people say is Kern 2.0 in the comics). LOL Hope they have found new work and can't come and do more Charmed. 

I just looked up and Brad Kern is currently working on NCIS: New Orleans . So they might hire back Constance M. Burge over Brad Kern who maybe is too busy right now.

• Love 1

Every year more and more shows are coming back for a limited run. 

Except that nearly every one has been a bomb.  X-Files and Gilmore Girl revivals, for instance, got terrible reviews even from rabid fans who were dying to have another chance to see their beloved characters.  I saw GG and it was appalling.  And now I'm stuck with that as the last memory and not the ending of the series which was at least uplifting.  

I'd rather just leave things at Forever Charmed if a revival follows the trend for terrible.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Except that nearly every one has been a bomb.  X-Files and Gilmore Girl revivals, for instance, got terrible reviews even from rabid fans who were dying to have another chance to see their beloved characters.  I saw GG and it was appalling.  And now I'm stuck with that as the last memory and not the ending of the series which was at least uplifting.  

I'd rather just leave things at Forever Charmed if a revival follows the trend for terrible.

No you are right, it can go either way good or bad. We just do not know. But again it is all about money and profit, they don't care about what the fans want. If the buzz and word of mouth get's people to watch it, They will bring back more shows over new shows that bomb. Having an existing in-build audience helps.  X-Files may have gotten terrible reviews and from fans, but it was the third highest rated show for FOX for the season, and they will bring it back if it rates well and brings in money regardless what fans think sadly but I don't think this upcoming series will do as well as the first one and it will be better for them to end it while it can't get any worse LOL. I know what you mean with these revivals going sour, and it has been on my mind.

But yeah we are in an era where bringing back old shows with revivals or rebooting is the new it with the times. But I do get what you mean that it can be a bad thing if it does turn out to be horrible and it ruins how it ended before. 

• Love 1

Saw this at another site:

If this comes true (I hope)! They better bring Julian, Brian and Dorian back as well!  The original gang all back!  No butchering of Cole's character! XD

And here's how I responded:

I'm going to guess that if any of the originals are back it would be Shannen, Holly, Brian, Alyssa, Jennifer (Grams), Wes (Wyatt) and Drew (Chris). I don't want the last two the way a lot of fans wouldn't want others while being disappointed if others didn't come back, but these are the ones who have been at the conventions and have shown interest in the show. Dorian and Julian (and Rose and Finola, who I'd love to see come back as Patty) never have - if anything, Rose is the one who has knocked any sort of reboot. So I think getting them back would be harder.

And if not getting this means not getting them while getting these, I'd be okay with it.

I do think there's a possibility of the others coming back as guest stars - I'd love to have the Charmed Ones find out that they have a half-sister, but that she only has whitelighter powers and can't become Charmed because she's a half. Then if they find out that she has a daughter and that daughter wants to become part of the Charmed daughters (who could never become Charmed themselves, since they're cousins and not sister) coven, you'd have a way to continue to include Paige without including Rose

I wonder if Rose would even do it. Not because she doesn't want to do another long-term episodic project but because she seems pretty over Hollywood in general. After her agent dropped her when she made an innocuous comment regarding that sexist casting call for an Adam Sandler movie, she basically shrugged and said, "Fuck it." I also saw an interview with her recently where she said she one day realized that she actually hated acting and never wanted to do it anymore. She occasionally posts old Charmed pictures on Instagram so there's a possibility she might do it if it were limited (she loves that the show now lives on in comics and always has nice things to say about the fans), but it seems like she's much more focused on directing now.

• Love 2
(edited)
35 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

I wonder if Rose would even do it. Not because she doesn't want to do another long-term episodic project but because she seems pretty over Hollywood in general. After her agent dropped her when she made an innocuous comment regarding that sexist casting call for an Adam Sandler movie, she basically shrugged and said, "Fuck it." I also saw an interview with her recently where she said she one day realized that she actually hated acting and never wanted to do it anymore. She occasionally posts old Charmed pictures on Instagram so there's a possibility she might do it if it were limited (she loves that the show now lives on in comics and always has nice things to say about the fans), but it seems like she's much more focused on directing now.

Well, perhaps like Shannen back in the day, they'd let her direct and episode or two if she occasionally guest-stars.  I didn't know that she'd been posting pictures from Charmed on Instagram (don't do that) or said nice things about the comics.  So there might be a chance that she might agree to guest-star.  I just don't think Shannen would want to be part of something where Prue isn't part of the original Power of Three.

I'm much more concerned about Holly not wanting to be part of it - if there's still tension between her and Shannen and if she wouldn't want to do something that might be too similar to Pretty Little Liars.  I can't see it succeeding if it's just Prue and Phoebe, and not Piper. Of course if the series starred the Charmed Ones and featured their daughters, and not the other way around, that hopefully would make a difference.

Edited by Esmeralda
17 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

I just looked up and Brad Kern is currently working on NCIS: New Orleans . So they might hire back Constance M. Burge over Brad Kern who maybe is too busy right now.

He is? Oh, that so explains what happened to that show! The show wasn't too bad but the second season especially the last episodes. So many WTF moments and made zero since as to why the show suddenly verged off track. Now it makes sense it was Brad Kern!

1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

He is? Oh, that so explains what happened to that show! The show wasn't too bad but the second season especially the last episodes. So many WTF moments and made zero since as to why the show suddenly verged off track. Now it makes sense it was Brad Kern!

Okay, so I guess I've changed my mind - I hope Kern stays as far away from anything Charmed as possible!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

So it wasn't just Charmed he ruined I guess. But this just explains that him being in charge as a executive producer is a bad sign. He should stick to just writing episodes of shows and having little involvement in shows. I think he also was executive producer of Lois and Clark and Beauty and the Beast too. I don't think he has a passion for the shows he works on, it is just a paycheck to him.

• Love 2

I don't know how to copy tweets here, but someone asked Holly about it and she said she hasn't heard anything about it yet; just glad to hear that Alyssa and Shannen have made up.  So let's not get our hopes up until we hear this from a more reliable source than InTouch.  It could just be fake news.

10 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

So it wasn't just Charmed he ruined I guess. But this just explains that him being in charge as a executive producer is a bad sign. He should stick to just writing episodes of shows and having little involvement in shows. I think he also was executive producer of Lois and Clark and Beauty and the Beast too. I don't think he has a passion for the shows he works on, it is just a paycheck to him.

It really wasn't. The Mayor who while not always a good guy suddenly morphed into a mustache twirling villain murdering and doing all kinds of illegal things for a stupid reason. The lead Pride suddenly turned into a moron with running around like an idiot unable stop the "villain" (well he would have if he wasn't suddenly brain dead) until he went faked his death and went rogue.     

• Love 1
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It really wasn't. The Mayor who while not always a good guy suddenly morphed into a mustache twirling villain murdering and doing all kinds of illegal things for a stupid reason. The lead Pride suddenly turned into a moron with running around like an idiot unable stop the "villain" (well he would have if he wasn't suddenly brain dead) until he went faked his death and went rogue.     

YUCK!  That really does sound like a typical Kern-screwed-up series.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That sounds so typical of Kern. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I've been having fun imagining what the credits for this new retcon might be like. I'm sure most fans won't like at least a part of it (I know I don't...), but with what and who we're getting (if we get Holly...) and what it sounds like Shannen and Alyssa want the series to be like, it's what makes sense to me:

We start with a quick Charmed refresher course with Alyssa narrating S1, Holly narrating S2, and Shannen narrating S3, including the ending of that season, but Shannen continues with "But what if Season Four started differently..." and we see the title card: "Charmed: What Could've Been". 

Then a quick CGI-version of a different beginning to Season Four with all three surviving and not only vanquishing Shax, but also vanquishing the Source from Season Three, not Half-Face.

Then Shannen say "And now we each have a daughter."

Then Holly says, "And although one of their fathers was an angel who's now an Elder..." (We see Piper with Leo)

Then Alyssa says, "...and one was a half-demon who died to save us..." (We see Phoebe with Cole)

And then Shannen says, "...and one was a mortal who's back in jail, (We see Prue with Bane) all three of them are Warren witches with only Warren powers (and we see the three girls), who can never be Charmed because they're cousins, not sisters, but are the ones chosen to carry on the Warren Destiny while we're the ones now chosen to teach them how to do it," which leads into the actual credits.

Kinda hokey, but kinda fun.

It's them teaching their daughters that I don't like - it sounds boring and sounds like the daughters would end up starring when I'd prefer the Charmed Ones starring.  But I would love to see something like this as the premise and the beginning to each episode, and it would be my way to let Charmed unjump the shark.

Edited by Esmeralda
  • Love 1

But the daughters would all be teenagers or barely teenagers. Now, teenagers with powers would become like that god horrid series that ended after one season CW's The Secret Circle. But this might appeal to the CW audience, since CW planned to do a new Charmed series this year but then it didn't go well. 

90210 and Melrose Place didn't go well on CW as a next generation series of the original shows. So a series set on the daughters and not the original Charmed Ones might work for a while -  But fans are still interested in seeing the Charmed Ones and that is Prue, Piper, Phoebe and Paige. 

But, I will take this than any of the other Charmed reboots they had in mind. Especially because this one has Prue, Piper and Phoebe in it. I just hope the sisters are the stars and the daughters are not. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

But the daughters would all be teenagers or barely teenagers. Now, teenagers with powers would become like that god horrid series that ended after one season CW's The Secret Circle. But this might appeal to the CW audience, since CW planned to do a new Charmed series this year but then it didn't go well. 

The issue with them trying to do two separate Charmed reboots and neither of them going anywhere is that the fans want a Next Gen spinoff with the family, and that wasn't an option for either reboot. One was a total recast of the show, and the other didn't even have the Halliwells part of it. 

The last thing I want with this potential spinoff is Paige being erased. For me, that's not an option because Paige was still a vital part of the show, whether or not people prefer Prue, Piper and Phoebe. Paige was my personal favourite character, just above Prue, so for her to be erased and pretending that she never existed would not give me a reason to tune into the show right away. Just like how they didn't mention Prue much after her death, I don't want Paige to get the same treatment, except worse because she wouldn't have existed. I don't care if they changed the whole children storyline (I liked Chris and I ended up liking the little we got of good Wyatt, but I could deal with them changing that aspect), but Paige is a serious deal breaker. Even if Rose doesn't want to end up as a regular for the show, I still want Paige to be part of it somehow. 

Since they're trying to pitch it to Netflix, it's hard to say whether the sisters would be the stars or their children. I'd hope the sisters, but I'd expect the children would have major roles. 

This is still a show I consider my favourite show ever, but even I have limits of what I can handle. I'd still watch, but certain aspects will determine if I will watch right when it comes out, or if I'd wait a few weeks of months down the line. I'm not getting burned like I did with Gilmore Girls. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I've heard very few fans wanting a next generation series that doesn't include Wyatt and Chris and those two actors are too old to play those roles, just like Shannen and Alyssa are too old to star in a redo of Season Four - the retcon *I'd* prefer, even though I know it's impossible.  Holly could do it, but not Shannen or Alyssa and especially not Rose or Brian. .But I still think more fans want it to be about the Charmed Ones - either the original ones or the second set.  And with Rose not interested....

And with Supernatural still going strong, no way they'd do The Charmed Sons, even if they found a way of not making Wyatt as powerful which would've made the series boring very quickly.

No, something that takes place in current time is what still makes the most sense.

Edited by Esmeralda
  • Love 1

I have a sneaking suspicion the reboot will be confirmed once the money's in for Holly et al.  Let's face it, it's usually about the money anyway. 

That, and of course the sound rejection of the 70s reimagining  by the fans.

• Love 3

I am not giving up just yet. I mean next year is Charmed's 20th anniversary and CW stated they might be redeveloping Charmed for the 2018 television pilot season.  The X FIles being brought back was rumoured for years before it came back in 2016, and same goes for some of the other reboots. The fact that a rumour of this Charmed reboot got noise and ended up having to be confirmed by official news outlets, tells me that it isn't just fake news. Don't throw in the towel just yet. I have a hunch this isn't the last time Charmed coming back is rumoured. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Don't know if this site is any more reliable than the other one, but: http://www.thedailybeast.com/alyssa-milano-tells-all-about-the-charmed-reboot

The actress does maintain, however, that the cast is game for a reunion of some sort. “The other thing that I know is that Shannon, Holly, Rose and I have all said out loud that we are open to some sort of reboot, reunion or something,” Milano tells The Daily Beast. “The next thing I heard was that Netflix was doing it, but I heard that strictly from the media and not from my deal with CBS Studios or Netflix, where I have two shows right now.”

If the Charmed reboot were actually being set up at Netflix, Milano says, “I would think I would have heard what’s going on from my CBS Studios or Netflix contacts, but I haven’t heard anything. I’m as open as humanly possible to what the scenario is, but I don’t know the scenario, honestly.”

So if *she's* to be believed, if all FOUR actresses have talked about doing something for next year, why won't the studio let them???

Edited by Esmeralda

Because the actresses seem to want a one-time reunion show (which don't tend to go over well) while the studio wants a series with different, younger actresses that will bring in a younger audience. 

Saw this at a different site: 

Alyssa is on a new show. She talks about it on GMA. She even talks of a charmed reboot.

Alyssa Milano on GMA

What's amazing is in the clips how very much she looks like S1-2 Phoebs!

Now I'm more confused than ever - she's making it sound like there is going to be a reboot that features the Charmed cast. Don't do this to me - get my hopes up again just to smash them...please!

Fans have been wondering how they could do a continuation that would include Prue without her being a ghost or a whitelighter. A fan at another site came up with a fantastic idea:

If Shannen, Holly, Alyssa and Rose all agree to return to do Charmed in the present day, then my idea for Prue's return would be for the sisters to discover there is an astral version of Prue that's been out there the whole time. 

They find out that while Prue was dying, and while still unconscious and right before her final breath, her alter ego Astral Prue—the one we saw in "Just Harried”—was let loose again. And she’s remained permanently loose for some magical reason. She’s now living in a different city, as she wanted to be as far away from the other sisters as possible. 

While protecting a new charge in 2017, Paige accidentally spots this Prue. Paige thinks it’s a look-alike but to the other sisters’ amazement, after further investigation, they find out it's the same Astral Prue from before. And once again this Prue wants to be left alone and doesn't want to be found.  This is why the "To call a Lost Witch" spell didn't summon her in the past—Astral Prue isn’t lost because she doesn’t want to be found.

But Phoebe uses the spell she used in ‘Just Harried’ and is able to summon Astral Prue to the Manor. Although not too keen on using the spell since it means once more having to use the BOS after not opening the BOS since the Ultimate Battle so many years ago—fear of what might happen if they start using the BOS again—desire to see her big sister overcomes her fear and she casts the spell and it works.

Even though this isn't the real Prue, they all try to convince her to stick around and think about coming back into the family. She still has all Prue’s memories but this is just the fearless version of her, who likes to act before thinking, and she's been living a wild and crazy and reckless life for the past 15 years or so. But she has grown weary of it and really wants something else exciting to do. So while being convinced to stay, this Prue realizes demon-hunting may be a good thing, since it could include creatures she can beat up. She agrees to stay but starts aggressively looking for demonic trouble, and ends up bringing demon threats back into the lives of the Charmed Ones.

Unlike her sisters and half-sister, this Prue has no kids so she has no issues tackling demons head on. She's now back to living in the Manor with Piper and Leo and their three kids. Piper, Phoebe and Paige have to deal with this new reality and dynamics with this Prue injecting herself into their lives and trying to take charge like she used to in the past. Paige ends up being the one willing to try to teach this Prue responsible demon fighting as she's the only one still doing it at this time. And when the demons on one of the occasions get attacked by this Prue, they realize the older sister is back, making them four in number now, and they see it as a threat to them. So now the truce with the Charmed Ones is officially over. 

There is also the human baggage this Prue brings with questionable acquaintances she's had over the years that keep showing up and bringing trouble. Most—but not all—are non-demonic, adding something we haven’t really seen since the earlier seasons into the mix.

And there is another aspect of all of this that Piper and Phoebe are struggling with grasping: what if the reason that the real Prue couldn't be healed and ended up dying in AHBL was because this Astral Prue, having been released, was way too strong? If they had known back then and summoned Astral Prue back and then forced her back into the real Prue’s body, could the real Prue have been saved? And since they’ve found this Astral Prue who is alive and who is the ‘ID’—Prue’s inner desires, as Phoebe explained in Season 3. So the one who died is the ‘ego’—the control factor version of Prue. So is the spirit of Prue the Ego somewhere out there that could be summoned to make Prue whole again? This raises the question of wondering if Prue is really with Grams and Patty in the afterlife. Were they lying to the sisters by saying they couldn't see Prue, and just didn't want to tell the sisters that they don't know what happened to her and her spirit never crossed over and joined them in the afterlife?

Personally, I think that's the best explanation for how they could bring Prue back without her being either a ghost or a whitelighter that I've ever read! If the reboot that Alyssa is talking about never comes to be, I wish someone could get this idea to whoever (I hope!) ends up being in charge of the  TV special (I hope!) they do for the anniversary next year!

• Love 1
On 8/10/2017 at 1:35 AM, Esmeralda said:

I wish someone could get this idea to whoever (I hope!) ends up being in charge of the  TV special (I hope!)

Ditto, but you know what happened every time we came up with excellent theories and ideas for the show when it was still in production?  They came up with stuff so inferior and ridiculous!  

I do like the idea of a part of Prue surviving in the form of  her astral self.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, magicdog said:

Ditto, but you know what happened every time we came up with excellent theories and ideas for the show when it was still in production?  They came up with stuff so inferior and ridiculous!  

I do like the idea of a part of Prue surviving in the form of  her astral self.  

*sigh* Or as Obscure Lupa put it in her reviews - "If there's a good idea, Charmed will without fail find some way to make it stupid."

For those who haven't seen her Charmed reviews: Obscure Lupa's Charmed Reviews - Read at your own risk!

If nothing else, go to the last one: The last half of Lupa's 'Forever Charmed'' review and look for the final video at the 12:33 point - it's fantastic! ESPECIALLY because there's very few signs of Season 8!

Edited by Esmeralda
  • Love 2
On 12/08/2017 at 1:50 PM, Esmeralda said:

*sigh* Or as Obscure Lupa put it in her reviews - "If there's a good idea, Charmed will without fail find some way to make it stupid."

For those who haven't seen her Charmed reviews: Obscure Lupa's Charmed Reviews - Read at your own risk!

If nothing else, go to the last one: The last half of Lupa's 'Forever Charmed'' review and look for the final video at the 12:33 point - it's fantastic! ESPECIALLY because there's very few signs of Season 8!

I remember seeing these, but I never finished them. I will have to check them out again. :)

• Love 1

I actually think CW might not go forward with any possible Charmed reboot. I just remembered CW has a backdoor pilot from Supernatural in the works that will include female characters, on a female sheriff with raising and training young women who went through supernatural tragedies, they are a family but not actually related.  Like the Charmed reboot being about three women not related in the failed reboot earlier this year.

So now I doubt CW is going to actually go forward with anything they have planned for the Charmed reboot. Both will be competing for a spot next pilot season. I do think Supernatural's spin-off will get picked over the Charmed reboot redevelopment. Unless they seriously want both shows to run at the same time, which I don't think will happen. 

We might doge a bullet with the horrible plans of rebooting Charmed. I just hope they don't plan to redevelop the Charmed reboot.

Edited by nightwing877

We've been having fun at another site getting to play Seer.  I'd love to see what you guys come up with.

Here's the post that started it:

So how does everyone feel about playing a Seer and predicting Charmed's future? :)   

Do you see a reboot, prequel, next generation, movie or cancelled in the future? If not cancelled, can you predict the kind of episodes and storylines the show will have? When do you think another Charmed DVD would come out and will there be special features? What about the Charmed comics and novels? Which actors and actresses do you predict will be cast in the prequel, reboot or next generation? Will Brad Kern return to direct a 100th episode?  ???    Will the show reach a 100 episodes? Or will it be cancelled after season 1? And much much more....

If you decide to make changes to the prediction you already posted, like perhaps make it more specific(e.g DVD with bloopers will be released in October 2018), then re-post your list with the changes. Of course I understand people now mostly post from mobile so just post which prediction you are changing in your list(e.g I'm changing prediction number 3 on my list) and later on when you have the time, you could post your amended list.

It's also okay if many posters have the same predictions. But exactly how confident you guys are in those predictions is what really matters. 

And of course whether it comes true or not. Or something in the middle.

So list your predictions and how much percent you feel confident in them.

To give you an idea, here are mine:

WHAT I’D LIKE TO SEE (more than 90% sure that none of these will happen, but I sure wish they would.)

1) A retcon that shows what might have happened had Season Four happened differently – if all three sisters survived and now, 20 years later, each has a daughter who’s ready to become Chosen, not Charmed,, with Prue and Bane’s a witch with one of the non-Warren powers, Piper and Leo’s a witch with only one of the whitelighter powers and Phoebe and Cole’s a witch with only one of the demonic powers.

2. A continuation starting with the flash-forward from “Forever Charmed” but then we see eyes closing and then opening, and we find out that ‘Forever Charmed’ was nothing more than Piper’s delusion as she’s been in a coma since ‘Kill Billie, Vol 2’ for 20 years  She wakes to find that she only has the boys, Phoebe is single with Ladybug (she got rid of Coop as soon as she found out that she was pregnant) and Paige and Henry have adopted a couple of non-magical kids.  The Halliwell destiny can continue, but there's no chance of new Charmed Ones, so the Warren powers culminate with the Charmed Ones, just like Melinda Warren prophesied.

3. A prequel that takes place in the 1700's rather than the '70's, that centers around Prudence Warren who has telekinesis (played by Shannen) and her children, including her only daughter Cassandra (played by Alyssa) who has premonitions, which would let them pretty much ignore all of the problems "Charmed" had, but still let it be about the Halliwells - even if it helps prove that Grams lied when she said Halliwell women keep their maiden name.

4. CBS Entertainment brings back Paul Ruditis to write a new comic, but this one takes place in Chris’ original future and shows what happened to send Chris back in time.

5. A spin-off featuring Phoebe’s three daughters, who each have one of Phoebe’s three powers, so they’re not Charmed, but Chosen – but her oldest daughter doesn’t want to be and runs off somewhere else.

6. A DVD re-release with extras like bloopers, deleted scenes and behind-the-scenes features, including including some of the writers like Connie Burge, Brad Kern, Sheryl J Anderson, Zack Estrin & Chris Levinson, Javier Grillo-Marxuach and others doing commentaries during the episodes they wrote.

7. A Charmed 20th anniversary companion book with new interviews with cast and crew. 

WHAT I PREDICT *WILL* HAPPEN:

1. The CW puts on a special on the 20th anniversary of  the first airing of ‘Something Wicca This Way Comes’.  First is a new episode, showing what happens in the future with everything in the Zenescope comics (including Prue played by a blonde actress) now turned into canon (so fans who haven’t bought the comics will) and ending with a special interview with the stars and producers, including Connie Burge, Brad Kern, etc.  I give this an 80 percent chance of happening and although the fans love the interviews, they hate the so-called “special gift for the fans” (which was written and produced by Brad Kern…), so this ends up killing "Charmed" but not the Cafe.

2. If #1 doesn't happen, then I predict that the CW goes ahead with their 70’s reboot that takes place in San Francisco at the time of ‘That Seventies Episode” but has nothing to do with the Halliwells.  It’s cancelled after six episodes and that kills "Charmed" but not the Cafe.  80 percent sure this happens if #1 doesn't.

(In case you haven’t noticed, I have no faith in the CW doing this properly…)

3. If #1 or #2  doesn't happen, Netflix does a retcon where Kyra (played by Charisma Carpenter) doesn’t die and instead becomes mortal with help from her lover, Phoebe Halliwell (played by Alyssa), who uses artificial insemination to have Ladybug.  30 percent sure this will happen if #1 or #2 doesn't.

(In case you haven't noticed, I hope that Charmed is resurrected by Netflix, even if that means I'll have to get it, since I don't have it now.  It also means I have no faith that Holly and Rose will do anything that includes the others.)

On 9/23/2017 at 4:12 AM, Esmeralda said:

A prequel that takes place in the 1700's rather than the '70's, that centers around Prudence Warren who has telekinesis (played by Shannen) and her children, including her only daughter Cassandra (played by Alyssa) who has premonitions, which would let them pretty much ignore all of the problems "Charmed" had, but still let it be about the Halliwells - even if it helps prove that Grams lied when she said Halliwell women keep their maiden name.

I seriously doubt this - especially considering SD & AM are too close in age to portray mother and daughter!  Stuff like that reminds me of that joke about Bonanza;  the one in which a 40 year old guy has three 40 year old sons!

What I would like to see happen:

1) There is a 20 year anniversary acknowledgment of the series and perhaps there will be either a new DVD release with more features and/or interviews with cast and crew.  If not I'd settle for a TV special.

2)  Maybe get a limited series focusing on the next generation of Halliwell witches.  If not, I'd settle for a prequel series focusing on the cousins who lived in the Manor in the 1920s.  They can cast all new actresses and considering the era, there could be a lot of fun here.  The original actresses can appear briefly to frame the story if they don't want to be tied down).

3) Anything that comes down the pike will have as much involvement as possible with the best Charmed writers from the first 3 seasons (including Connie Burge, since the show was her baby and it was usurped from her) as well as promising new writers who know and appreciate the source material.  The worst thing for any show or film series is to have them written by writers who hate the characters.

4) The new episodes or TV movie will take place at Christmas (or Yule if you prefer).  

5) I'd like Prue to return in some form - preferably as Shannen Doherty.  I love the idea of her returning as her astral self.  I wouldn't mind an alt-universe in which Prue lived and Paige never really existed.  Perhaps reach back and bring in the storylines the show was originally going to do before SD got the boot.

What will likely happen:

1) Brad Kern will be the next misogynist outed in Hollywood.  Considering the rumors when Charmed was still in production, this wouldn't surprise me.

2) The show will be ignored except by the fans, because... TV execs  - am I right??

• Love 3

LOL, I was just about to post the same ting.  Here's hoping that the third time is the Charmed!

Definitely wish it was Sabrina that was going to be on The CW and Charmed on Neftlix, but that's the way it goes, I guess.

I just hope they've been reading some of the social media and know that fans won't like it if it's Charmed in name only... 

*sigh*.  Sounds like any chance of a reunion is gone.  Saw this at another site:

Rose McGowan slams Alyssa Milano for supporting Weinstein's ex

Rose McGowan tweeted Friday that her former Charmed costar Alyssa Milano makes her “want to vomit.”

McGowan took aim at the actress for Milano’s continued friendship with Georgina Chapman, Harvey Weinstein’s ex. McGowan claims that Weinstein raped her in a hotel room at the 1997 Sundance Film Festival; according to the New York Times, the disgraced Hollywood mogul paid a $100,000 settlement in an effort to keep the matter private. (Weinstein has denied all allegations of non-consensual sex.)

As sexual misconduct allegations against Weinstein mounted, Chapman told PEOPLEshe was leaving her husband in October. “My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions,” she said in a statement. “I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time.”

On Tuesday, Milano expressed unwavering support for Chapman in an interview with Megyn Kelly. “She’s an amazing mother,” Milano said. “She’s an amazing woman, and I think her priority right now is focusing on how to raise those two children to the best of her capacity given the situation.” Milano added that Chapman is a “good woman” who deserves the chance to overcome the recent strain on her family.

Tweeting out the news, in which Chapman was referred to as Milano’s friend, McGowan expressed outrage. “You make me want to vomit,” she wrote, referring to Milano. “You actually gave me a body flashback. Well done, fake one.”

Source: http://ew.com/news/2017/12/08/rose-mcgowan-slams-alyssa-milano/

I agree on  a lot of this with Rose, even as I admire Alyssa for sticking up for her friend,, but more than before, I wish someone else had played Paige..  Self-centered of ,me, maybe, but t's how I feel. I just wish Real Life would leave y TV Life alone.

Edited by Esmeralda

Brad Kern has been under investigation for sexual harassment claims last year

There's mentions of it going on even since Charmed. Krista Vernoff was a young writer and details some accounts during production of the show. Sounds like he went after all the women, whether it was writers, producers, or the actresses themselves (he apparently made fun of Alyssa Milano's weight once and then critiqued Playbook pictures of Shannen)

And you know what? I have absolutely no surprise with this coming out. None at all, even as a fan of the show. The Halliwells were always dressed scantily clad, especially in the seasons when Kern took over. 

• Love 3

I'm not surprised, I expected something out of Charmed eventually. But surprised Rose hadn't already called people out from Charmed. 

But you can so tell with how the writing changed once Brad took over and Constance was pushed out the door and Shannen got fired after season 3.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

But surprised Rose hadn't already called people out from Charmed. 

I'm surprised about this too. You'd think after naming Weinstein, which was a huge risk considering how powerful he was, tossing Brad Kern's name into the pot would have been easy.

• Love 1