Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi's Wedding: Going to the Chapel and... Mama Joyce is Pissed.

• Start Topic

The prenup seems cold, but that's what contracts are. There's not going to be any touchy-feely language in a contract. I think Todd was okay with the idea of not taking any of Kandi's money until he saw it in black and white, but that's not Kandi's fault or problem. She presented Todd with the contract that they verbally agreed on months ago and she's already agreed to take out the 30 day move out stuff that they hadn't verbally agreed on.

Cosign to your entire post.  I think Todd was okay with not getting any of Kandi's money until he got with his boys and they talked to him about what they thought was fair.

Todd is a grown ass man and he needs to articulate what he means.  He is intelligent enough to determine the risk of working with Kandi versus taking other jobs.  If he had the expectation that he would share Kandi's wealth by being recognized on the deed to the house or receving spousal support, he should have said something.  Also, if he really does not like Joyce in his house and/or he wants Kandi to defend him more, he should say something about that too instead of enabling Kandi's behavior.

Watching the scene of Kandi and Joyce at her brother's grave and when Joyce said that her son came to her and said he's alright and not to worry it sent chills through me.  It's the exact same thing that my mother-in-law said about my ex husband when he passed, that he came to her and told her not to worry, he was alright.  Very touching moment.

You know, this was the only moment recently that I actually felt something for Joyce other than disgust. I'm glad they edited that in. I felt bad when they talked about him visiting, she seemed sad that he visited Kandi multiple times and only once to her. Good to get a different perspective on her.

• Love 1

I don't think anyone here is saying Todd should come up off Kandi's back, but that Kandi herself had a funky attitude about it. I question why Kandi is getting married when she seems to think Todd is after her money, as evidenced by said funky attitude (Git yo' own money & buy yo own house witcho own money etc).  The way the pre-nup is laid out and Kandi's attitude towards it implies she thinks Todd's after her money and won't be there too long, and he better git his own with his own little money.  If you feel that way about somebody, why marry them? (same with Kordell marrying Porsha, but not trusting her with his money)  I hate to agree with Mama Joyce but Kandi needs/needed to marry somebody on her own financial level.  If you can't find nobody on your financial level to marry, then don't marry.  She seems to be hesitating on having kids now, so what's the harm in not marrying?

Kandi doesn't want a husband, she wants a wedding, preferably beyond tacky and televised.

• Love 3

Kandi doesn't want a husband, she wants a wedding, preferably beyond tacky and televised.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. That dress...the crown....all the hoopla. Perfect example of the little girl who dreamed of a big wedding, but instead had a child with no husband to marry her. Geez, I should have figured that one out for myself. :)

• Love 2
(edited)

LMAO @ Talented.  Girl said fuck fair, bruh you ain't sick, get up off that sofa and gitcho ass to work.   BWAHAHAHAAAA!!!

I'm not caught up on my episodes but judging from what ya'll are saying, the prenup terms (and her stank tude) sound shitty.   At the very least, it seems as though this wouldn't be acceptable if the roles were reversed.    That last minute drafting mess is a well known "what are you gonna do? call if off?" game play strategy.  Chances are the spouse balking at signing isn't going to call the other's bluff so the one who wants it signed takes it right down to the wire assuming it will be.  The only power the reluctant one has is to cancel the wedding.    Tami Roman recounted that she was handed her prenup at her wedding, couple minutes before she walked down the aisle with a note that said Kenny wasn't going out there until he got it back, signed.     In principle I have no problem with protecting your assets, I just don't like that it feels so power structure-y.

A lot of times prenups served in this manner are easily contested.

I signed a prenup before my wedding. My husband owns his own business and wanted to protect it in case we divorced.  I understood and was (relatively! lol) okay with it. He paid for a lawyer of my choosing and the lawyers went back and forth. But in the end, we had a document that looked after both of our interests.  The person bringing the prenup typically pays for the lawyer for the other person.  Or at least that's what my research found.

I think if Kandi and Todd had sat down with a mediator, they could have come to terms that they both found agreeable. I just think Kandi handled the situation poorly and both of them weren't able to communicate with each other. Red flag.

This shit that Kandi is trying to pull is bullshit.

Edited by loki310
  • Love 6

I think if Kandi and Todd had sat down with a mediator, they could have come to terms that they both found agreeable. I just think Kandi handled the situation poorly and both of them weren't able to communicate with each other. Red flag.

Agree. I'm pro-pre-nup (and Kandi and Todd should have one, between the assets and the fact that they each have a child that I assume they want to leave the bulk of their estates to) but I would not consider signing one that I had no hand in creating, and wouldn't marry a man who was all "Just sign it and shut up." I know a few couples that have them and it was a process that involved both parties. Kandi looked super shady during this ep - that stuff about "well, if he wanted a house he should have bought one" was crass and cruel and shows that she just really has no idea what being married entails. That may not be her fault (Lord knows Joyce didn't set any kind of example) but it is her responsibility to get over, and she just ... isn't.

• Love 7

I've been following this board just to see if I should watch this show.  Thus far it seems as though it would just irritate me.  I did want to weigh in on the subject of the pre-nup though.  I think those get thrown out quite often.  And ultimately I think they are a contract, so if the terms are deemed unconscionable, or there is another defense it could be voided and thrown out by the court.  Thats why I'm surprised Kandi's attorney is taking such a hard line position, if it has really unfair terms I would think it could be thrown out as being unconscionable.  However, I don't know Georgia law, but thats a standard argument to throw out a contract.

He's wearing a gaudy t-shirt to his daughter's graduation, was what I meant. And those skin tight jeans.

I don't see anything wrong with what Todd is wearing because where I'm from, graduations aren't a formal affair anymore.  Only the graduate has a dress code which is prescribed by the school, but none of the guests are required to dress up for them here anymore.  Since they're so long and drawn out and sometimes even held outdoors, people are advised to dress comfortably instead of dressing up.

• Love 3

I don't know which high school in Atlanta she attends, but every graduation I've been to there, people dress nicely. He didn't have to wear a suit, but a nice men's shirt and slacks would have beat what he had on, in my opinion.

• Love 4

I don't know which high school in Atlanta she attends, but every graduation I've been to there, people dress nicely. He didn't have to wear a suit, but a nice men's shirt and slacks would have beat what he had on, in my opinion.

I don't think Todd's daughter lives in Atlanta.  According to this, Todd states that he's going to New York to see his family and to see his daughter graduate high school.  http://kandionline.com/todd-tuckers-daughter-graduates-from-high-school/

“Another flight!!! Heading to NY to see my family!!! And my baby @kpt__ graduate from high school!” Todd writes. “My baby is 18yrs old. Where does the time go!!!”

Maybe it's it's the way they act -- but I never think of Kandi and Todd as being how old they are.

I know some people age well. But they way they carry themselves I keep thinking their in their 20s.

It's only when Kandi says how old she is, or this reminder about Todd's daughter that I remember these people are --what in their late 30s. And this is how they act.

I guess I should think back. Maybe people at that age don't have their act together as much as I thought.

Then again with all the mess you see on other reality shows, Dr. Phila and Oprah -- I guess some people NEVER get it together, at ANY age. So why should I expect Todd and Kandi to have anymore ability to do that.

I think Todd's daughter and Riley are proof that this couple can produce attractive non big headed normal sized children.  I guess the question is can they produce non big headed non short children together? (tm Mama Joyce)

I hope everybody realizes I am joking.

• Love 2

I think Todd's daughter and Riley are proof that this couple can produce attractive non big headed normal sized children.  I guess the question is can they produce non big headed non short children together? (tm Mama Joyce)

I hope everybody realizes I am joking.

I hope we get to a point where you don't even have to say that! To be honest though, I never really paid attention to heir heads, and just thought Joyce was exaggerating. Since watching this series (& seeing those grad pics with full body profile shots of Todd), OMG I see it now! I've been desensitized to them due to a family trait of gargantuan domes -- my youngest brother's measurements at 8 months old were bigger than my mom's. Now I'm going to be staring at Titus to see if that's where Kandi gets it from.

Did anyone else see the First Look tonight? Same ole pre-nup drama. It is all so staged. They're probably all laughing at us watching and commenting....

Quick Q: I was wondering if anyone knows about Riley's father. In other words, is this Kandi's first wedding, or was she married before? Is he in Riley's life? I've been wondering for awhile and been meaning to ask.

Kandi's never been married. No idea who Riley's dad is, he's never mentioned. Even by MJ, which is surprising.

In Kandi's first season of RHOA I got the impression that Riley's father was never really in the picture. She made it seem like she raised Riley all by herself.

Todd should never have turned down jobs to be near Kandi. He mentioned that long ago. Soon as he said it I knew the prenup would be an issue. If him being around is a requirement of Kandi's then he does deserve something from her for sacrificing income, otherwise he should earn as much as he can of his own.

I noticed he grew a bigger pair of balls around all his buddies too. I don't think MJ is real far off the mark with Todd. But she's better off keeping her mouth shut. He'll show his ass fast enough on his own.

Todd should never have turned down jobs to be near Kandi. He mentioned that long ago. Soon as he said it I knew the prenup would be an issue. If him being around is a requirement of Kandi's then he does deserve something from her for sacrificing income, otherwise he should earn as much as he can of his own.

I noticed he grew a bigger pair of balls around all his buddies too. I don't think MJ is real far off the mark with Todd. But she's better off keeping her mouth shut. He'll show his ass fast enough on his own.

I think MJ is right about the men in Kandi's life, but for all the wrong reasons. I think Kandi is attracted to manipulative con-men (surprise, surprise). I think the main reason MJ is concerned about this tendency is less out of loving concern and more about a desire to be the only manipulative con-man in Kandi's life.

• Love 7

In Kandi's first season of RHOA I got the impression that Riley's father was never really in the picture. She made it seem like she raised Riley all by herself.

There was an episode in Kandi's first season where Riley was supposed to go spend some time with her father and didn't want to go.  Kandi was torn between wanting Riley to get to know her dad and thinking that her dad was only showing interest because of the show.  I can't remember if Riley ended up going or not.  Does anyone else remember that episode and the outcome?  Also, I heard it mentioned that Riley's dad was married when he and Kandi were kanoodling.  If that is true, I have lost a lot of respect for Kandi.  She's no different from Kim Z, but at least Kim didn't have a kid by Big Poppa.

The thing that bugs me the most is that if Kandi weren't so focused on keeping HER money, she and Todd could form a joint corporation and really take the music and entertainment industry by the balls. She can't see past next week to figure out the big picture.

• Love 2

The thing that bugs me the most is that if Kandi weren't so focused on keeping HER money, she and Todd could form a joint corporation and really take the music and entertainment industry by the balls. She can't see past next week to figure out the big picture.

I think the problem is that Kandi is so used to all of her money being only hers (even though she's giving Joyce a share of it), she's never going to be willing to split it with anybody for any reason aside from any money she's set aside for Riley.  I don't think she's interested in forming a business partnership with Todd.  I think she married Todd more for companionship and sex than anything else.  If Todd was to become impotent, he would be kicked to the curb so fast it would make Mama Joyce's head spin.

• Love 1

I'm not even sure why Kandi wants to get married. IMO they should stay as they are, with Todd having his own career. A career that Kandi does not dictate which jobs he takes or doesn't take.

• Love 2

I never thought much about pre-nups since they were scarce when I was younger.  My mother was widowed 25 years ago at 56, and met a man a few years later and became engaged.  She was absolutely going to have him sign a pre-nup.  She was so worried that if she died suddenly, he would get the money that my father and mother earned over their lifetime.  She wasn't that concerned about HIM, as she was concerned that HIS children (she never met a few of them) would get HER money if something happened to him.  She also didn't want him to remarry and a new wife get my parent's money, if he would die first.

I never thought much about it, but I can understand Kandi and her mother worrying about Todd getting to share Kandi's money, that Riley should really have.  Ugh, I don't think I'll ever get married again if something happened to my husband!  Complicated stuff!

• Love 1

I'm not even sure why Kandi wants to get married. IMO they should stay as they are, with Todd having his own career. A career that Kandi does not dictate which jobs he takes or doesn't take.

Kandi doesn't want to be part of an unmarried power couple. She wants to show off a ring (that she paid for) and control Todd with her money. Whomever coined the term "Mini Stedman" was 100% right.

I don't know how much Todd is paying each month but Kandi did say that he paid expenses.  If expenses also included property taxes, that doesn't leave much from Todd's salary to put towards a home of his own.  I had a now ex living with me and I thought he should pay for 1/2 the utilities but he rarely did (one of the reasons, he's an ex).  He started calling my house 'his' to his friends and I was like...um no.  He also thought he should get part ownership since he helped paint and stuff.  Again no. So I see Kandi's point but if she's not allowing Todd to earn money, what is he supposed to do?  Play lotto?

A lot of times prenups served in this manner are easily contested.

I signed a prenup before my wedding. My husband owns his own business and wanted to protect it in case we divorced.  I understood and was (relatively! lol) okay with it. He paid for a lawyer of my choosing and the lawyers went back and forth. But in the end, we had a document that looked after both of our interests.  The person bringing the prenup typically pays for the lawyer for the other person.  Or at least that's what my research found.

This shit that Kandi is trying to pull is bullshit.

I think they both were playing chicken.  Kandi will giving him the prenup so late and Todd for getting the lawyer so last minute.

IIRC, Riley's father was a married man in the industry and rarely participated in Riley's life.  Riley did go visit him a couple of times and she said her half siblings were nice but she didn't feel welcome.  Kandi said she didn't want Riley not to have her father absent from her life since that's what Kandi had growing up.  Well, maybe don't have a baby by a married man with kids.

Mama Joyce is one nasty witch.  "Who gives the bride away?" says the pastor (Kandi's dad).  "I guess you" answers Mama Joyce pointing her finger at the pastor. 

I keep hoping it's an act but I don't believe it is.

• Love 2

Even if Todd tries to work, Kandi begrudges him that. They are currently on vacation, and she was bitching because he had his iPad with him as they sat out by the pool. Well, maybe....just maybe... the man needs to check his email each day and correspond with people who might hire him. This, after she was late going outside because she was busy putting on makeup. Then bitched about the heat. Lord help Todd!

Did anyone else see the First Look tonight? Same ole pre-nup drama. It is all so staged. They're probably all laughing at us watching and commenting....

Quick Q: I was wondering if anyone knows about Riley's father. In other words, is this Kandi's first wedding, or was she married before? Is he in Riley's life? I've been wondering for awhile and been meaning to ask.

Thats what I'm saying.  I sometimes find Kandi's entire storyline with Mama Joyce a little hard to believe.  She suddenly seemed to turn into this crazy monster, with crazy sisters.  I think some of it is real, but I think a lot of it is Mama Joyce wanting some fame and seeing her way to get it.  And maybe Kandi seeing a way for her mom to make her own money and stop taking hers.

Regarding this whole pre-nup drama: why would Khandi not want to leave Todd anything if she were to die? Khandi is worth many millions so assuming the marriage is good, and god forbid anything happens to her, would it be so terrible if she left him something? Damn, that's cold. 

• Love 3

Regarding this whole pre-nup drama: why would Khandi not want to leave Todd anything if she were to die? Khandi is worth many millions so assuming the marriage is good, and god forbid anything happens to her, would it be so terrible if she left him something? Damn, that's cold.

That's the thing I don't understand and why I don't think Kandi loves Todd as much as she claims she does.  Never, ever would the words, "If I die, you get nothing" come out of my mouth about the person I love and want to spend the rest of my life with.  I understand if the marriage goes sour and you end up hating each other, of course you don't want to finance their future without you.  But when you're still "in love" why would you say such a thing?  Why wouldn't you provide for your spouse in your will?  If you get divorced, you can always change a will.  If the tables were turned and Todd was the one with money, I'm sure Kandi would assume that she would be in Todd's will and not be left with nothing if he died.  I swear, Kandi can be just as hateful as her mother.  Todd needs to be afraid...be very afraid!  

• Love 3
(edited)

I have a feeling if the table's were turned and Kandi was a stay at home mom while Todd was a successful music artist and he presented her a pre-nup that said she had to get out of the house in 30 days when they broke up and if he died she got nothing, she'd be right pissed off too.

I also think if Todd uttered the words "Why don't you go out and get your own money?" then he would be branded a complete dickhead both by Kandi, her female friends and the female viewing audience.

I see no reason why Kandi shouldn't be held to just as high a standard.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 9
(edited)

CaughtOnTape, if I could give you 50 thumbs up on your post I would.  And Kandi is a dickhead!  She's really being extra for this wedding show and I'm starting to agree with some folks that it is her way of amping up the ratings.  I can't believe Todd would still be with her after seeing and hearing half of the shit she and her mama are doing and saying on this show.  It irritates me more knowing that Todd has a young daughter that has to sit by and watch her dad and grandmother's names be smeared by those two trolls!  Yes, I called Kandi a troll also.  She's looking and acting more and more like her mama every episode.  The fact that she believes her lying liar who lies mama over her dad makes me dislike her even more.  Team Todd and Team Titus!!!

And who knew?  Kandi has a sister that looks like her twin.  https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnGGyUEFefVrp0QqoEw-ehV-DLHg9bnP2YU4iB5vKatqbdXoJu

Edited by swankie

I hope this show is fake because i've never seen a  more awful shitty human being than Mama Joyce.  God i want to punch her in the face every time she talks.  And i seriously hope Kandi isn't that stupid about her mom, or thinks its okay at all her mom acts that way towards other people.  Talk about ghetto, her mom defines it. 

I just pray this show is fake.

Oh and Todd HAS to be the most patient man i've ever seen.  For him to just be so calm while Mama Joyce is throwing all that shade i don't know how he does it.  It makes me crazy watching him take it while she just brags about herself.

• Love 3

okay so what is the point of waiting until the last minute to square away the most important issue interfering with your wedding?

thats right, ratings.

i guess since these Housewives shows are only signing interesting people back for seasons they're all staging a lot to make drama.

I hope this show is fake because i've never seen a  more awful shitty human being than Mama Joyce.  God i want to punch her in the face every time she talks.  And i seriously hope Kandi isn't that stupid about her mom, or thinks its okay at all her mom acts that way towards other people.  Talk about ghetto, her mom defines it. 

I just pray this show is fake.

Oh and Todd HAS to be the most patient man i've ever seen.  For him to just be so calm while Mama Joyce is throwing all that shade i don't know how he does it.  It makes me crazy watching him take it while she just brags about herself.

I've been watching the marathon today and said that exact thing about MJ to my husband.  Every time he's come into the bedroom where I'm watching this, he's stayed a little bit longer and come in more often.  The question is though, is she that good of an actress?

Something I did notice about MJ from the reunion (especially) and on episodes here and there of the wedding shows - She would say something outrageous and then smile and look around like a 3 year old who just learned if she said "Shit!", there would be a reaction.   Anyone else?

• Love 2

Okay, I honestly very, very rarely say I hate someone, but I hate that bitch Joyce (I won't even call her Mama). We're not even halfway through the wedding episode and I am so pissed I can't see straight. What she did to Todd's daughter was absolutely inexecusable. Right about now is when I'd throw her out on her ass!!!!

• Love 4

They really stuck to the script for Coming to America and sang that awful song about meeting your queen.
I have to say that the bridesmaids dresses do look good, Kandi's dress looks okay too but the crown/tiara fad is so done, wish she had done a bejeweled comb instead.

Joyce is too vile for words. I go back and forth  thinking whether or not this is all for tv, but ignoring Kaela and only acknowledging Riley was gross. Whatever issues she has with Todd, she could at least be an adult and say hello to Kaela.

Kandi should've kept her initial engagement ring. She must've changed it since Joyce gave her static about it. I really hope she didn't buy it herself.

You know why your smile muscles didn't work, Joyce? Because you're a cunt. That is not a word that I like to use, but for Joyce, I'll make an exception. Sometimes, it applies.

• Love 8
Something I did notice about MJ from the reunion (especially) and on episodes here and there of the wedding shows - She would say something outrageous and then smile and look around like a 3 year old who just learned if she said "Shit!", there would be a reaction.   Anyone else?

Pretty much. I don't know how Todd puts up with her. Actually, I'm not sure how Kandi puts up with her.

I enjoyed seeing Bell Biv Devoe at the reception, but Poison - at a wedding? Really?

• Love 1

Did they have to show a dumb moment from Porsha?

I love Riley but that dress, NO! and not being able to walk in those heels made it worse.

I loved Kaela's dress.

I did not like the idea of the "Coming to America" theme but after viewing the show I liked how it turned out.

Mama Joyce if your mama taught you "if you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all" then stop lying and listen to her.

• Love 1

I like Todd and Kandi together.  They seem to be a good couple.

I thought the reception was more beautiful than the wedding.  I liked the Coming to America dancers, but I did not think they fit with the wedding.

I think the Joyce storyline is bullshit, but kudos to them for generating a storyline that engages the viewers and keeps arguments going.

If my mother were on TV and starting fights and being rude to people, I'd escort her to the parking lot. I find nothing endearing, engaging or entertaining about her storyline. It only makes Kandi look bad for being so submissive to that witch, in my opinion. And then Kandi is turning it around onto Todd. Poor guy. But, he knew what he was getting into long before they said "I do."

Why did Kandi get a new ring? She's making a big deal about it, and I thought the other ring was beautiful. I thought that other ring was the one she loved, but I guess MJ finally got to her.... ??? Crazy!

• Love 1