Type keyword(s) to search

Mistresses - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So Joss had a giant dark purple bruise one day and the next day it is gone? She also keeps getting kicked in the ribs and she never winces or anything when she is with Harry? Come on have some sort of continuality.

• Love 3
(edited)

So Harry hasn't told his mom he's marrying Joss; guess she's not coming to the wedding.  And Joss left Savi a voice mail?  Really?  Marrying your sister's ex-husband is the sort of thing you need to say directly to her, not through a message.  Although it was nice to hear that Savi showed up for a couple days of the trial.  What would have been great is if Savi was the person who rang the doorbell at the engagement party.

Karen continues to be dumb.  If she had any brains, she would have started her own Mommy and Me club to steal all the clients from that jealous wench who kicked her out.  And did it really take her the entire episode to be okay with being a sexpert?  Many sexperts are also doctors and academics Karen.  And what did you really expect when you published a book about your sexcapades?  Either embrace it or pull the book from the shelves. 

No April.  You are not on fleek.  And pay more attention to your pain in the ass daughter who you never discipline appropriately.

I'd be happy for Harry's sister to stay if she continued to drop truth bombs on the ladies about what idiots they're being every episode.

Edited by luckyroll3
31 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Karen continues to be dumb.  If she had any brains, she would have started her own Mommy and Me club to steal all the clients from that jealous wench who kicked her out.  And did it really take her the entire episode to be okay with being a sexpert?  Many sexperts are also doctors and academics Karen.  And what did you really expect when you published a book about your sexcapades?  Either embrace it or pull the book from the shelves. 

Karen is just the dumbest one ever. She wrote a book about having threesomes and now is worried about what it will do to her reputation? What the hell did she think was going to happen? How did she ever become a doctor?

Lucy did have a friend named Peyton last season, right? So now if she changed her boyfriend's name in her phone to Peyton, did she change her actual friend to something else? Is she not still friends with that person? I clearly was not devious enough as a teenager because I thought it was a very smart move on Lucy's part, and probably more convincing than if she suddenly claimed to have a new female BFF. She must have gotten her brains from her father.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ohgeez said:

So Joss had a giant dark purple bruise one day and the next day it is gone? She also keeps getting kicked in the ribs and she never winces or anything when she is with Harry? Come on have some sort of continuality.

And how is she hiding them from Harry when they have sex?  

• Love 3

Yes, while it's nice to have them back and to catch up on the silliness, the +1s stories are really lacking. What I like the most in this show - which I initially binge watched while procrastinating on something else, so maybe my view is different than that of people who watched it week to week - was the frienship between the women, and the way they "oh-no-you-didn't" each other, and that's what I'm still watching for (plus, I finished binge watching Lucifer, which was great fun, what else could I watch when the mood for silly strikes? Any recommandations will be welcome!). The women are gorgeous, the clothes are great, that's enough for me for now, but I admit it's a thin appeal. Anyway, I'm off on holidays in July, so will probably end up binge watching the episodes I'll have missed after the summer, when I'm in the mood for procrastinating :)

7 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

And how is she hiding them from Harry when they have sex?  

That's what I was wondering!  She has a huge bruise on her ribs (or she did last episode and I assume it's still there based on the scene where the other girl kicks her in the ribs) and he doesn't notice when they have naked time??  Unlikely!

Also, I finally realized where I've seen the sister, Kate!  She was in Legend of the Seeker!!

• Love 1

Right before the sister showed up, when Harry and Jess were trying to have sexy times, she did wince, and he had some throwaway line about, "is that from your self-defense thing?"  So it was acknowledged....briefly.

3 hours ago, Adira said:

Also, I finally realized where I've seen the sister, Kate!  She was in Legend of the Seeker!!

Wow!  I just had a flash back to middle school.

• Love 1

I believe that was in reference to a bruise on Joss' arm, not the (more serious, IMO) bruise on her torso. I don't recall her wincing, but I'm not invested enough to watch the scene again.  Not sure why he wouldn't have noticed a bruised torso in the last episode.   

I'm probably the only one who would love to watch a show with April and Karen's friendship at the center.  The actresses play against each other really well, and manage to be funny and give each other side-eyes for their absurdity.  I always thought Alyssa Milano's chemistry was off with everyone else, so I've never been that bothered about her departure.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Adira said:

That's what I was wondering!  She has a huge bruise on her ribs (or she did last episode and I assume it's still there based on the scene where the other girl kicks her in the ribs) and he doesn't notice when they have naked time??  Unlikely!

In the first episode Joss said how she hadn't had sex with Harry in months because he was travelling for his cooking show. So if the self-defense thing is new, he wouldn't have had much of a chance to see the bruises. Maybe she started up with the self-defense because the trial was giving her PTSD?

But the end of the first episode indicated to me that they'd spent at least one night together since Harry's return.  It's just the usual sloppy writing made even less sensical by having Harry notice an arm bruise, but not a large bruise on her torso. 

• Love 1

Kate soon realizes dating in Los Angeles is a little harder than she expected. Harry has an exciting new job venture while April finally realizes what her passion is with a little help from Marc. The boundaries between Karen and her many, Robert, become complicated. Meanwhile, Joss is still trying to figure out how to deal with the aftermath of the past year.

8 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

But the end of the first episode indicated to me that they'd spent at least one night together since Harry's return.  It's just the usual sloppy writing made even less sensical by having Harry notice an arm bruise, but not a large bruise on her torso. 

Agreed!  The last scene where they were getting busy before Kate interrupted them, her shirt was off.  The bruise was miraculously gone from her arm, but I'd have to assume he'd notice that giant bruise on her ribs!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Adira said:

Agreed!  The last scene where they were getting busy before Kate interrupted them, her shirt was off.  The bruise was miraculously gone from her arm, but I'd have to assume he'd notice that giant bruise on her ribs!

I guess I don't pay enough attention I missed that it actually disappeared. 

I kind of wish they just ended this storyline with the trial and Wilson going to jail. The show's not deep enough to seriously cover PTSD.

• Love 4

Part of the ongoing attraction of this show is Karen and her bad decisions. Love to hate her...

I'm very over April and Man Child, on the other hand. Are we really going to get a whole season of her getting steamrolled by him and probably getting cheated on-- yet again? Let's free her up for a new romance sooner rather than later. And while we're at it, maybe introduce an actual plot line for this season.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:50 PM, luckyroll3 said:

So Harry hasn't told his mom he's marrying Joss; guess she's not coming to the wedding.  And Joss left Savi a voice mail?  Really?  Marrying your sister's ex-husband is the sort of thing you need to say directly to her, not through a message.  Although it was nice to hear that Savi showed up for a couple days of the trial.  What would have been great is if Savi was the person who rang the doorbell at the engagement party.

No April.  You are not on fleek.  And pay more attention to your pain in the ass daughter who you never discipline appropriately.

I'd be happy for Harry's sister to stay if she continued to drop truth bombs on the ladies about what idiots they're being every episode.

I'm behind this season ... so Savi showed up to support Joss during the trial?  Did she say anything to her?

I'm sorry but I cannot imagine going after / with your sister's man or even ex-.  I mean seriously???  Your loyalty should always lie with your family, especially if it's just over some guy (albeit hot guy)

• Love 1

April is annoying as _____.  She's too hippy dippy, doesn't seem to be a strong enough mom and she's not a great actress.

Karen is so stupid and spaceheaded that she gives Asians a bad them ... if you ever meet anyone who stereotypes Asians, just introduce them to Karen.  She'll break all the preconceived notions in their head

Joss ... she's super gorgeous and like an uber tall and more manly version of Blake Lively. Other than that, she sucks as a sister

53 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I'm behind this season ... so Savi showed up to support Joss during the trial?  Did she say anything to her?

I'm sorry but I cannot imagine going after / with your sister's man or even ex-.  I mean seriously???  Your loyalty should always lie with your family, especially if it's just over some guy (albeit hot guy)

It was offscreen and said in a throw away line, with no info given on when they started communicating again or if they had any resolution to their issues.

Karen realizes she’s very happy to be back working with her clients again, despite putting her love life on hold. April’s new client gets a little too close for comfort, while someone from Marc’s past becomes very present. Kate struggles after learning her ex-fiancé is dating someone else, while Joss plays dirty to get a new client.

Yes Joss, please ignore the advice of your doctor about breaking your rib and lie to your fiancé because your unprofessional trainer told to you.  Any good trainer knows that you do yourself a bigger disservice by ignoring the signs of your body. 

Of course Karen thinks its cute to be unprofessional and sleep with someone she employs.  Also Karen, pay attention to your fucking kid!  She really couldn't take a minute in between patients to respond to a text about her 3 month old?  Then when she gets home the first thing she talks about is how awesome it was that she got flowers, not, "how is my daughter doing today?" Gah.

And why was April constantly being a beyotch to the dude who lives in her house? Ugh!

Can they bring on at least one woman on this show who isn't a moron?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

And why was April constantly being a beyotch to the dude who lives in her house? Ugh!

Can they bring on at least one woman on this show who isn't a moron?

I don't get why Marc and April are still together, they haven't seemed happy in a single scene this season.

And they seem to think moronic women are entertaining.

Joss's self-defense teacher seemed pretty awful. Joss has what looks seems to be a pretty big injury. I know Joss didn't tell her about the doctor, but taking a couple days off doesn't have to be Harry being sexist.

• Love 3

Previously, Joss was getting the crap kicked out of her in self-defense class, Karen was making the moves on the manny, and April's dreams of being an artist were dashed up on the rocks of ineptitude (her 3 day old dreams of being an artist that is).

As Karen and the manny start to get hot and heavy, Karen pauses and asks "Hold on. We're really going to do this and change our professional relationship".  Who writes this drivel ?  No one would ever do that.

Mark seems to think has the answer to April's creative outlet -- a book on finding a job.  Obviously he has never seen this show because this is a stupid idea, and of course April rejects the idea because she doesn't like to wear hats.

Meanwhile, the Mistresses gather as Kate cycles through online dating profiles.  And Kate poses the stupidest question in existence: "Am I seriously doing this ? I was engaged to Brian two weeks ago and now I've decided to move to Los Angeles and start speed dating".  Is Kate even aware of what happened in the first two episodes this season ?  Does she actually remember her own actions ?  Or is she just that stupid -- in which case she fits right in with the other characters on this show ?

And as Kate swipes left they come across Robert the manny -- and Karen brags that she banged him last night, and this morning.

Cut to April's store and a very demanding customer -- and after April explains the whole concept of "online only", she agrees to deliver the order personally (even though they don't do deliveries).  And April is so stupid there isn't even a hint about delivery charges, before asking the rude customer to get out of her store.

Joss complains to her doctor about the "gnarly bruises" she is experiencing after self-defense class and the doctor tells her she has a rib fracture, and Joss talks about how it hurts so the doctor explains that pain is normally a deterrent.  So Joss is basically dealing with her PTSD by injuring herself intentionally via self-destructive tendencies (but she doesn't want to talk about it) -- when is she going to start cutting herself like an angsty Goth teenager ?  Joss asks "what if she doesn't want to stop hurting herself" and the doctor literally says "good luck".

Kate speed dates -- and no one cares.  She ends up agreeing to have dinner with a guy that likes women with Australian accents.  Wow, that wasn't predictable at all, but I guess it was better than the guy obsessed with cats or the erotic sex manual/graphic novel model.

Cut to Karen and Robert the manny in bed and he states that he is taking down his Shagger profile (I guess Tinder didn't want their good name associated with this crapfest).  Vivien starts to cry and as Robert goes to feed her he tells Karen to do it since he felt that Karen needed to spend some quality time with her.

Harry discovers the big ass bruise on Joss's ribs and feels that taking self-defense class twice a day is a little much.  She's taking this class twice a day -- how the hell has this not set off alarms ?  Joss agrees to stop going to self defense class entirely and go back to yoga and pilates, but you just know that ain't going to happen.  She has the PTSD so bad even Karen can't diagnose it.

Morrocan modern is so not the way to go, and no, not everyone is doing it.  April shows up to deliver the goods to this demanding customer and he turns out to be a henpecked husband with a beyotch of a wife.

Henpecked husband apologizes to April and she apologizes to him too. And they have so much in common.

Billionaire investor tries to lure Harry in with a restaurant with his name on it in a building instead of the beachside bistro.. I think Harry has been swayed to the dark side.

In only about a year, Joss must have been doing gangbuster business with her "PR" firm/party planning -- look at that office.  It's pretty swanky.  How did she manage to do that with the trial and all the PTSD stuff ?  Kate visits the office and regales that tale of her date from last night and how he might be the one.  FFS !  Does this woman not understand playing the field ?

Mark and Harry prepare to go mountain biking, and Mark poopoos Harry's plan to sellout for the money -- after all, where will Mark's band play if Harry doesn't build the bistro ?

Kate decides to take Joss to lunch to meet her new love of her life.  Whatever.  

April explains that the stern woman in the henpecked husband's house wasn't even his wife, it was his decorator.  The fuck.  Karen is happy to be drinking wine again since she stopped breastfeeding.

Joss almost clips a bicyclist with her car, and goes on a bit of a tirade in the intersection ... and the nearby pedestrians records her rant.  Joss did have the right of way because the cyclist ran a red, then mansplains that she was supposed to "share the road".  The cyclist deserved a kick in the nuts just for that since he couldn't apparently obey the traffic lights.

Harry declines the offer from the creepy billionaire, citing different values and not being all about the money, but creepy billionaire invites him to his house to "show him what he is all about".  No, that's not creepy at all.

When the rude client returns most of what he bought, he tells April he fired his decorator and needs some referrals so that he can complete the job by the time his wife gets there.  Who's kidding who, there's no wife.

Kate's 2nd date with the love of her life, Dean, thinks that Joss wants a 3-way.  Douchebag goes to the washroom and Kate is all pissy for ruining her date.  Because she thinks Joss was trying to steal Dean from her.  What the hell is wrong with this woman ?  It's like she completely glossed over the fact that he wanted to bang sisters at the same time -- stay classy Dean.  Joss goes to leave and quotes the Hulk (you wouldn't want to see me angry).

Harry visits Jonathon the creepy billionaire at his home and meets his wife and family -- I still think Jonathon wants to bang Harry.  And if Jonathon emigrated from Iran, I somehow suspect his real name isn't Jonathon.

Joss' self defense instructor is the worst -- she tells Joss to use the pain as she pummels a punching bag.  I bet Joss is going to end up really hurt, and end up in the hospital where she will finally admit to the PTSD.  The instructor gives her helpful hints to cover up the self-abuse.

Karen comes home and Robert the manny basically calls her a shitty parent so she fires him.  And we find out that Karen really is a shitty parent.

Kate confesses to Harry that she was an idiot for blaming her for Dean the 3-way guy's bad date.  Kate really is a complete and utter moron.  How does she walk and chew gum ?  And now she seems to have a case of the buyer's remorse, since she spent so much time with Brian and she's 35 and wants to have kids.  Wow, this character really is stupid !!  None of this occurred to her before.

Karen stalks Robert the manny with Vivien in the stroller as Robert is walking dogs.  How did she know he would even be there ?  Robert seems really calm for having been shitcanned by Karen just the previous night.  Karen doesn't want Robert back as a manny, but still wants to date him. Aside from all that, why is Karen's hair blue ?  Seriously, it has a bluish tinge to it.

April visits the rude client (he might have a name, who knows) and gives him a list of names that includes only her name. And he offers her the job which she immediately accepts -- despite not agreeing on price or terms or anything.  April really is that stupid.

Meanwhile, Mark is all pissy that April isn't home to cook him dinner, so he tosses the job hunting book in the garbage.  What an ass !!

Harry takes the job with Jonathon the creepy billionaire, and Kate and Joss hash things out even though Kate was a real bitch.  But Kate is all jealous of what Joss and Harry have .. and some bullshit about true love or some such nonsense.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't get why Marc and April are still together, they haven't seemed happy in a single scene this season.

She is clearly unhappy with the guy.  She seemed intrigued by that rude customer before the "he's married" reveal (and wouldn't be the least surprised if she ends up in an affair).  Not that you can't find other people attractive, but April hasn't been okay since Mark flipped the script and decided to be in a band, thus leaving her to carry the household indefinitely.  As some old-school, wise black women say, "You can do bad by yourself."  

Mark has good intentions, but I have to admit I find the "follow your dreams and passions (to the detriment of anything else)" types extremely annoying.  So I relate to her frustration with Mark, who frankly, gets to mooch off her while he's pursuing his dreams and then telling her what she needs to do.  Dude, just shut up and let her figure it out.  I wish she'd have those conversations with Karen instead, if only because I feel like Karen would give her the space to figure things out while helping her. Nevertheless, I'm sure she'll be apologizing to him AGAIN in the next episode. Fingers crossed they'll both be put out of their misery soon.  Marc isn't a bad guy, but I feel like he needs someone like him - nice, somewhat meandering, and completely okay with instability because "dreams! passions!"         

Karen, I like you (probably the only one who does), but the nanny? Girl, you can do so much better.  I don't find Jerry O'Connell remotely attractive. 

• Love 3

I'm really not feeling Harry's sister; she needs to go back to the planet where her behavior is acceptable. When Joss's assistant said "your sister" I thought for a split second that Savi might be back. The show should just give up on having four main female characters because after Calista and now Kate it feels really forced.

• Love 4
On 6/24/2016 at 0:12 AM, chocolatine said:

I'm really not feeling Harry's sister; she needs to go back to the planet where her behavior is acceptable. When Joss's assistant said "your sister" I thought for a split second that Savi might be back. The show should just give up on having four main female characters because after Calista and now Kate it feels really forced.

You can tell Savi's absence because that's when things started to go awkward, Alyssa's exit prevented the writers from doing the fallout between her and Joss.

From that clip, it is just so refreshing to watch Joss get shot down and put in her place.  She's been a PR person (which they have yet to actually show us) for all of about 3 minutes and yet she "claims" to be able to get this up and coming singer on the cover of the Rolling Stone.  Yeah, how about no, I don't think Joss could spell Rolling Stone.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

From that clip, it is just so refreshing to watch Joss get shot down and put in her place.  She's been a PR person (which they have yet to actually show us) for all of about 3 minutes and yet she "claims" to be able to get this up and coming singer on the cover of the Rolling Stone.  Yeah, how about no, I don't think Joss could spell Rolling Stone.

You would think the first thing not to do is publicly harass someone, but it's Joss...

• Love 3

Was I supposed to feel sorry for Joss? Because I thought that guy was totally justified in calling her out, she was trying to steal his client. He didn't do anything nearly as bad as she did with forwarding his texts. I mean, the guy was a jerk for those texts, but still. He's right that you shouldn't start out in the business by trying to bring people down.

So that's it for Jerry O'Connell? He was pretty pointless. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Was I supposed to feel sorry for Joss? Because I thought that guy was totally justified in calling her out, she was trying to steal his client. He didn't do anything nearly as bad as she did with forwarding his texts. I mean, the guy was a jerk for those texts, but still. He's right that you shouldn't start out in the business by trying to bring people down.

So that's it for Jerry O'Connell? He was pretty pointless. 

I guess, he was the guest star for a short while.  As for Joss, it's just rampant stupidity.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow. The actor who plays Michael is just awful. That whole storyline is just pointless and we can see where tthings are going with April and Marc from a mile away. I'm close to removing this from the DVR. I'll give it one more week. 

The actress playing the fitness instructor is also terrible. The acting is dragging an already mediocre show to all new lows. 

Edited by mamey2422
  • Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, mamey2422 said:

Wow. The actor who plays Michael is just awful. 

He also pings my gaydar very loudly, so it's hard to believe he would be interested in April, gorgeous though she is.

Speaking of April, I feel bad for her. She had to downsize to a much less nice house, has to pay the bills while loser Mark pursues his "band" (a band that has to pay to play is NOT going to be a success), has to suck up to rich people to get more work, and now Mark's hot ex is back in the picture and I'm sure Mark will cheat soon. She needs therapy to figure out why she puts up with so much shit from people.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 6

What was ever appealing about Mark?  Does anyone remember?  He's such a loser.  Isn't he?  Is April not light years out of his league?  I didn't even realize they were dating each other.  That's gross.  The storyline with his ex is straight out of a CW teen show, it was so cliched and bad.  And I like CW teen shows.

I love Jerry O'Connell and sad to see him go.  I hope his career is doing well?  Better than this show?

• Love 6

I feel bad for April too since she's trying with the design thing, and predator Michael keeps dangling it like a carrot.  For all we know, Michael's "marriage" has been on the rocks forever. Or, makes it a habit to cheat while his wife is off wherever.  April, girl! This man is no better than Mark - don't go there! She was rocking that blue dress.  I still wish the show had gone a different way with Daniel - dude was sexy as hell and had great chemistry with Rochelle Aytes.  

Good for Karen for passing on the nanny. Robert was too needy anyway.

• Love 2

Why does Joss have that new fancy office if she only has one client?  How exactly is she funding that, especially if she's not event planning anymore?  Also, why is she not event planning anymore?  If she or April were smart, they would have gone into business with each other. 

14 hours ago, chocolatine said:

He also pings my gaydar very loudly, so it's hard to believe he would be interested in April, gorgeous though she is.

Glad I'm not the only one.  I thought he was gay from the first episode.

Karen again with dumb decisions.  Yes, get rid of a guy who wants to spend time with you, loves your infant daughter, and wants you to spend more time with your kid.  She could have taken at least 10 minutes to sit down and have lunch with him when he showed up at the office.  And would it have killed her to call the dude when she realized she would be staying to talk to her clients after the break in?  Also, don't take dating advice from Joss - she's engaged to her sister's ex-husband.

• Love 1

Marc was never appealing to me. I was shocked they even had the character return this season because his relationship with April is painfully boring. And, yes, I also think the new guy is gay.

I fell asleep during this episode and missed the ending, which says something about the state of the show.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Why does Joss have that new fancy office if she only has one client?  How exactly is she funding that, especially if she's not event planning anymore?  Also, why is she not event planning anymore?  If she or April were smart, they would have gone into business with each other. 

Glad I'm not the only one.  I thought he was gay from the first episode.

Karen again with dumb decisions.  Yes, get rid of a guy who wants to spend time with you, loves your infant daughter, and wants you to spend more time with your kid.  She could have taken at least 10 minutes to sit down and have lunch with him when he showed up at the office.  And would it have killed her to call the dude when she realized she would be staying to talk to her clients after the break in?  Also, don't take dating advice from Joss - she's engaged to her sister's ex-husband.

Did Joss come into money last season? From Calista or something? Or are we supposed to think her event planning was so successful she had money to switch to PR, even though that makes no sense. 

These women are all dumb.  Harry's sister hasn't been as dumb as the others, even though she made some bad relationship choices. But I'm sure she'll fall into line.

On a more serious note, I guess they are implying that Wilson raped Joss last year and she never told anyone? I hope they don't go there, the shows not strong enough to deal with something that serious.

And we are back with Joss in the shower, discovering yet another bruise on her back, and Harry joins her.

Karen hands Robert a cup of coffee and tells him that she really enjoyed herself last night, more than once -- psst, "enjoyed herself" is Karen's code for having an orgasm, while Robert's code for giving her an orgasm is "aim to please".  It's all just so sophisticated.  As Karen leaves to go to a therapy appt, Robert reviews resumés for new nannies to replace himself.

And the couple Karen is counselling are basically idiots -- they should fit in quite well on this show.

Karen and Mark wake up -- in bed -- April looks great in that pale blue bra.  And Mark is basically jealous of Michael, but I'm sure he will a song about him for his band. Something catchy along the lines of "Fuck you Michael", but then he decides to go down on April to distract her from Michael.

Joss loses a client over the phone, and as Harry tries to pep talk her, Kate mopes her way into the kitchen to eat some Lucky Charms right out of the box since she's upset that the fiancé (Brian) she dumped for cheating on her is seeing someone new.  Which makes no sense at all, since we know he already had an affair before they broke up.  It's just so stupid on so many levels since Kate was been trying to bang dudes since she got to LA.  Are we supposed to empathize with Kate ?  Because it ain't happening.  And yes, there is something wrong with her --- bad, lazy, sloppy writing.

Karen's solution to her moron couple's problems is an intimacy checklist -- really ?  And Karen basically guarantees that an orgasm will happen.  I wonder if it's a money-back guarantee, and I also wonder if Karen will become involved in a 3-way with this couple.  Wouldn't be the first time.  And the husband seemed to be into the idea.

April's design client who said that she "had the job" kind of back pedals after April spends a bunch of time coming up with the ideas and tells her that his wife will be flying in to approve any ideas first. April is genuinely surprised by this -- oh that's right she didn't sign a contract or anything, because she's an idiot.  And the client "loves" everything except no yellow and no animals --  so did the previous bossy designer also not really have the job either ?  Is this client guy just a huge dick ?

Joss and her employee go to some nightclub to accost ... I mean, recruit ... some up and coming singer outside a nightclub, but gets shot down by the singer's current PR rep.  And Joss' wittle feeling are hurt by the big mean publicist who basically recaps the whole Calista Raines' shitshow.  And he's basically right, who in their right mind would sign with Joss.  This guy needs to be on the show more -- and do this once an episode to each of the Mistresses.

Mark is almost as stupid as April -- whoo hoo, his band got a gig at this Nutunes festival but they had to pay in order to get on the stage, and Mark's takeaway is they free appetizers and drinks.  And he wants Joss and her friends to come ... make that pay to come see him play.  Those appetizers aren't going to pay for themselves.

Karen is still counselling this stupid couple -- are there people in real life who are genuinely this stupid and uninformed ? Of course the wife was faking her "enthusiasm" with her husband, and it could be a dealbreaker.  So why did they get married in the first place ?

As Harry discusses the new restaurant designs in his kitchen, Kate moans everytime the designer mentions his design partner Brian.  Is Kate aware that this is a different Brian this guy is mentioning and she should jsut STFU ?  Uggh.

Robert drops by with lunch for Karen at her office (after pawning Vivien off on Karen's receptionist), but Robert gets rejected because Karen is busy with work and he's all manhurt about it, but they make plans for dinner the next night to console his bruised ego.

Mark discovers that the lead singer of his band quit -- as they are setting up in the nightclub -- and finds out that the new singer is an old girlfriend of Mark's named Sophia.  Umm, Mark has only been in LA for a little more than a year after coming from LA with Scotty and Amanda from Florida.  So how does he have a back history with this Sophia ?

Karen, Joss and April discuss effective time mgmt. skills while banging your former manny.  And April is so stupid that she has no idea that a gold cloth swatch looks incredibly yellowish -- is she color blind too ?  And somehow April thinks calling yellow by a different name will solve the problem.  FFS !

Joss regales the other two with the tale of how she lost a client last night, except she NEVER had that client in the first place, and the other publicist brought up the whole Calista thing -- so, have none of her clients ever brought this up before ?  It was big news in L.A., and none of her other clients thought that they should steer clear of Joss because of it.  And yes Joss, you are incompetent if that's how you recruited all your other clients by stealing them away by slurring the reputations of others.  But's all good because Joss is off to self-defense class .... again .... and her PTSD seems to have gone away, but she still doesn't want "to talk about it".

Mark is all butthurt about the band hiring Sophia -- because she cheated on him while Mark was in another band with the keyboard player.  When did all that happen ?  Oh, 10 years ago in Florida -- Mark really seems to hold a grudge.  Of course Mark gives the band leader an ultimatum, that it's either me or her -- boy is he in for a big surprise.

Joss is not at her peak at the self-defense class, and her instructor talks it out with her since Joss is bringing her work issues to the gym -- and the instructor tells Joss that she is coming to class to "control her own narrative".  Whatever. I suppose she will say anything to keep Joss paying for classes.  Joss' big issue is that the singer's publicist is "running around town" saying she is a "second rate publicist" -- for starters, he wasn't, he was telling his client to stay the fuck away from her, and Joss is barely a 3rd-rate publicist if she loses one client and her business is done.  The instructor tells Joss to stop by the gym on Sunday because she runs a different type of class -- but wasn't Joss already going 7 days a week sometimes twice a day before, so how does she not already know about this "special class".

Sophia shows up at Mark's house to talk things out, and we learn that Sophia's cheating cause the band to break up 10 years ago.  Mark says that caused him to get sober -- so that would mean that he was a drunk when she cheated on him, no wonder she cheated on him because Mark is an asshat when he's drunk.  Sophia begs to be let into the band because Mark is "talented" -- since when ?  And Sophia actually says "that they make beautiful music together" -- wow, so did they bang while writing songs.  Mark relents because the band can't go on without a lead singer -- and pulls an Eminem and gives her one shot.

Kate, Karen and April enjoy some wine at Karen's store (since Joss is off to the Nutunes concert to fuck with that publicist) while discussing Kate's man issues.  Kate used to be a wedding photographer back in Australia -- I'm not seeing it, she's just to scatterbrained for something like that, so April offers to hire Kate at her store.  Like that will work out.

Over to the Nutunes festival and this same singer that Joss confronted is being interviewed -- Joss confronts Troy the publicist who conveniently puts his unlocked phone on the bar when a woman he does not know (who just happens to be Joss' assistant) spills a drink on herself allowing Joss to browse through his messages.  And Joss gets some juicy piece of info to crush him with.  And no one cares.

Kate apologizes for being an idiot during Harry's restaurant design meeting -- and after dissing Harry for trying to get a job all these old sibling issues bubble to the top of the conversation.

Mark continues to be a dick because April won't come down and "support the band", and is jealous of her attentions towards Michael, but it's a fucking business.  Does Mark just not get that ?

Joss' assisstant discovers a post on Gawker dissing this stupid singer Joss is trying to rep -- how the fuck did Joss have time to forward Troy's text messages to Gawker, does she have Gawker contact info memorized (we're talking about Joss here, and she's not so great with the remembering things) ?  Especially since she only went there to steal Troy's contact list.  And Joss just ain't that tech savvy to pull that off.

Michael arrives at April's store to discuss design, and he drops the bomb that his wife isn't coming because she served him divorce papers.  But first wants to have some wine -- seriously, there never was a wife, it was this guys plan all along.  He probably drugged the wine.

Karen is having dinner with Robert the manny as they discuss his high standards for his replacement, but Karen gets a phone call that her office has been broken into -- you just know it's that stupid couple (are these Karen's only patients ?).  And it is, they broke in to bang in Karen's office ... dressed as super heroes (was that on "the list").  But it's all good since "it worked" -- I guess there wer orgasms aplenty.

April continues to have wine with this loser -- and April is so stupid she's buying it hook, line and sinker.

As everyone gathers at the nightclub simply called 'club' where the Nutunes festival is taking place, Harry discovers the secret of the Mark's band's new lead singer, and Joss and Kylie discuss how Troy was fired by that stupid singer Joss is pining after as her next client.  That will teach Troy to lock his fucking phone, especially when left unattended in a bar.  Joss confronts Stacy the singer tells some tale of seeing her 4 years ago when she was nothing (which I'm sure she probably read off the Internet) and gives her a business card.  It looks like the stupid is contagious now -- Joss is still PR poison because her Calista Raines' history, it's not just going to disappear from the Internet.

April goes to kick Michael out of the store since she has to go see Mark play -- and he kisses her at the door.  Instead of recoiling from Michael, April just fucking stands there like an idiot, finally breaks the kiss and asks Michael to leave.  April rushes over to the nightclub, brings Joss up to speed on what happened to Michael and wonders who the new lead singer is -- Joss remarks that if she was still in her lesbian phase she would be all over the lead singer.  Hmmm.

Kate apologizes to Harry for being such a beyotch, and has seen the error of her ways and wants Harry to get her the job in April's store.  As the band starts to play -- the lip-syncing on the new lead singer is just terrible -- April gets a text message from Michael saying that he wants to talk.  That guy just doesn't get what a creep he is.

Karen gets back from the office and Robert complains about her spending too much time with her work -- seriously, first Mark, now Robert, what the hell is wrong with these guys ?  So Karen breaks up with Robert.

Back at home, April gushes over Mark's band performance but first he has to tell her about Sophia, that they are purely professional in their relationship -- just like April and Michael.

Joss gets a text at the crack of dawn telling Joss that she wants her to do her PR.  As Joss rolls toward Harry in bed Jos proclaims "Stacy's in" -- though I was kind of hoping that Harry was going to say "Harry's in too".  Joss gets up to go shopping because Kate ate all there cereal, but you know she is going to self-defense class -- weird how Joss' PTSD seems to have completely disappeared since the season premiere.  Except its not self-defense class, it's a survivors of trauma group session, and Joss wears the stupidest jeans possible.

Joss starts to unload her PTSD issues, but then dials it back.  She's not ready yet to tell "what really happened".

1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

On a more serious note, I guess they are implying that Wilson raped Joss last year and she never told anyone? I hope they don't go there, the shows not strong enough to deal with something that serious.

But in flashbacks we saw Joss have her hands bound, then she was tied to a chair and she escaped. When she headed for the door, she paused and took a look back into the house and then left.  Not sure what she was looking for behind her -- if Wilson had his gun aimed at her was show just going to give up on her escape attempt.  And she was still fully clothed.  So who knows, but does that mean we are going to get a 'very special episode' of Mistresses when she finally reveals "what really happened" ?

• Love 3

Interesting - I didn't get the impression that Wilson raped Joss.  But I don't really pay attention to her scenes, so I might have missed something.

Harry's sister is Calista crazy (maybe beyond), but I think we're supposed to sympathize? Eh, I was totally with Harry on her behavior, and I'm not a Harry fan. Maybe if she were in her early 20s or something, but she's old enough to know better.  

3 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

I fell asleep during this episode and missed the ending, which says something about the state of the show.

You didn't miss a thing. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

What was ever appealing about Mark?  Does anyone remember?  He's such a loser.  Isn't he?  Is April not light years out of his league?  I didn't even realize they were dating each other.  That's gross.  The storyline with his ex is straight out of a CW teen show, it was so cliched and bad.  And I like CW teen shows.

I love Jerry O'Connell and sad to see him go.  I hope his career is doing well?  Better than this show?

Marc?  Other than being a man child that mooches off April?  No, it's been forced ever since he came on.

• Love 2

Thanks everyone..you are doing a great job at making it unnecessary for me to watch the show but keep up to see if it will get better. 

The actor that plays Marc is not convincing to me as a mature male lead, nor is he attractive. This show initially started out promising hot men....who?  Now they have moved into a smaller house and he is not working...and a recovering alcoholic?   Seriously? She thinks this is a step up from an FBI agent? What about the guy in the first or second season that ( I think?) had a daughter at her school? I don't remember how or why that ended. I think he was a sports agent?  Has April ever had a decent relationship on this show? 

What happened to Karen's partner or colleague that liked her? He was not attractive, but the closest she has had at a shot at a normal relationship. Has there been any back story to explain why Karen is so crazy?  

Never have liked Joss, even before they put her with Harry which is gag inducing. He has always been the weakest character on this show

I knew the sister would be a bust. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, catrice2 said:

What happened to Karen's partner or colleague that liked her? He was not attractive, but the closest she has had at a shot at a normal relationship. Has there been any back story to explain why Karen is so crazy?  

He moved away for some job offer. 

There hasn't been a back story to explain why she is crazy or why she is so stupid.

16 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:
2 hours ago, catrice2 said:

He moved away for some job offer. 

There hasn't been a back story to explain why she is crazy or why she is so stupid.

Didn't he also turn her in for being unprofessional and having unethical relationships with her patients?  Or was that someone else?

• Love 2

What writer or casting director thought the April/Mark pairing was worth watching? If they wanted to put Joss with one of Savi's men, why not the lawyer...instead of the brother in law that she lived with and helped "raise" her?

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Didn't he also turn her in for being unprofessional and having unethical relationships with her patients?  Or was that someone else?

Yep, his name was Jacob, and he ratted Karen out to the Psychology Review board/Ethics committee for banging not one, but two of her patients (the father and son combo of Sam and Thomas Grey, though not at the same time).

• Love 1
13 hours ago, catrice2 said:

What writer or casting director thought the April/Mark pairing was worth watching? If they wanted to put Joss with one of Savi's men, why not the lawyer...instead of the brother in law that she lived with and helped "raise" her?

If I recall, there was considerable viewer support for Harry and Joss because the actors supposedly had more chemistry compared to Harry and Savi.  I never really saw it.    

• Love 3
On 6/30/2016 at 6:43 PM, catrice2 said:

I have no idea, but they've seemed to have settled on 2/3 couples with Karen being in the wild relationships.