Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 7/7/2021 at 9:21 AM, finnzup said:

Tuned in to see what's happening and omg, what a hot mess, lol.

What is her stylist thinking sending her out in that sack?  And just wondering what happened to her other stylist, Faith Cromas?

Ridiculous story about the table flying off a roof top.  Could've been entertaining if told by someone that can actually speak and tell a story.

She's got to be the luckiest woman alive given her skill set.

Flying table. WTF? She tries to make a big story out of it and basically dropped it in the middle with no ending. Then she talks about her Ring having footage but she doesn’t have it. Then Ryan’s like Mark told me earlier about it but acted like it was the first time he’s hearing about it. I couldn’t tell if he was making that up or not. At least, had real footage of his high winds in his penthouse which looked crazy. Kelly is awful. She.literally.can’t .speak. 

• Love 3

I suspect the reason there was no Ring video shown of the neighbor's "flying table" was a legal one.  Whoever owns that table has some serious liability issues, especially if the injured woman surfaces (which she will, most likely in one of the NYC tabloids).  The owner of the damaged car could also have a claim.

I was too busy trying to figure out if Ryan was drunk, high, sleep-deprived, or all of the above.  I've been watching him for a couple decades and have never seen him behave like this.  It's like he is in slo-mo mode and speaking at half-speed.  Slight slur to his voice as well.

I do like the new slogan for the new season:  "Live with Kelly and Ryan: We've Been Way Worse".

• Love 5
9 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I was too busy trying to figure out if Ryan was drunk, high, sleep-deprived, or all of the above.  I've been watching him for a couple decades and have never seen him behave like this.  It's like he is in slo-mo mode and speaking at half-speed.  Slight slur to his voice as well.

I do like the new slogan for the new season:  "Live with Kelly and Ryan: We've Been Way Worse".

Yes!  The slow blinking of his eyes, his squirming around in his seat.  He was definitely acting like he was on drugs or drunk.  I went to twitter yesterday thinking surely someone else noticed it, but I saw nothing.  Very weird!

Odd. I always watch host chat & didn’t notice anything weird with Ryan. I guess I’m too busy being annoyed by Kelly to notice. Although, I will say that Kelly has been cracking up Gelman a lot lately. They’ve known each other a long time and she (and, the crew) know his quirks. She makes a joke about and he dies with laughter because he knows it’s true. His wife, Laurie was on today and I’ve always liked her. Kelly was also joking with her and Laurie got it, too. There daughters are the same age and friends so they’ve (Kelly & Laurie) have seen everything.

Anyhoo, back to Ryan. He keeps the show running but his constant fawning over Kelly & Mark is kind of obnoxious. Maybe, if he stopped daring 20 year olds he could have the life he seems to want that they have. LOL!!! Heck! I’m surprised that he hasn’t just had a baby with any of his girlfriends and forgo the marriage part. He seems to really want to be a Dad. His family is very close and he seems like a nice person. 

• Love 1

I've always wondered why Gelman's wife Laurie hasn't been in as a guest host.  She has a television background, even Regis's wife Joy would fill in for Kathie Lee.

I think Kelly has it in her contract that she has to approve any of the fill ins for her!

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, Onefineday said:

I've always wondered why Gelman's wife Laurie hasn't been in as a guest host.  She has a television background, even Regis's wife Joy would fill in for Kathie Lee.

I think Kelly has it in her contract that she has to approve any of the fill ins for her!

I guess they always felt it was funnier that the hosts spouses filled in ie Joy & Mark. Michael being the producer doesn’t seem as funny. That said, what do I know. LOL!!! 

• LOL 1

Ryan is definitely on some kind of pain meds.  Today's episode,  (Thursday, a previously recorded one) he took off his shirt and was play fighting, but seemed like he was challenging Gelman. I rewatched it twice, something is going on.

• LOL 2

Monday's chat about Gelman's meeting at his Hampton mansion was hysterical.

Ryan was on fire and was very reminiscent of Reege and the way he could tell a story!

Kellmeee tried her best to keep up, she had a few funny lines but Ryan was on a roll and was having none of her pauses and rolled right over her when she began to 'uh, um, uh...' and just continued his story.

It really was very funny; wish all the chats could be this entertaining.

• Love 5

Kelly and Mark have not become so obnoxious and full of themselves . They really seem to think they are so hot , and  it anything it’s pathetic !

Mark with his need to wear shirts that are too small around his upper arms , and Kelly’s need to talk about their sex lives and post tasteless pictures is just weird !

I think Michael posted a comment that said something like “don’t do that “ as a response to Kelly’s picture !

I can’t imagine being their kids’ ages and having their parents post crap like that online . So so embarrassing and trashy .

Both Mark and Kelly seem to be overcompensating !  Both for the lack of a real sex life , Kelly for the lack of an adult female body , and Mark has short man’s syndrome !

Oh and Kelly is apparently writing a book soon,  or more like paying someone to write a book about what she tells them to write !

• Love 5

Kelly had her son Michael on this morning. Seems like a nice kid and sounds exactly like Mark. It appears that he’s an actor now. Shocking! I always think it’s funny when children of celebrities become actors or models or media influencers. They grew up with mostly filthy rich parents but don’t really want to work as so much continue their lifestyle that they grew up with. I think Michael want to college for directing/writing but now has settled on acting. Im sure he’ll find a job in the Disney family. I think he’s already on Riverdale. I don’t watch that show so I’m not sure if that’s true or not. Lola is going to college for singing. I’m sure she’ll have a record deal as a graduation gift. LOL!!!! That said, their kids do seem like polite people but it must be nice to not really have to work when you grow up. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Kelly had her son Michael on this morning. Seems like a nice kid and sounds exactly like Mark. It appears that he’s an actor now. Shocking! I always think it’s funny when children of celebrities become actors or models or media influencers. They grew up with mostly filthy rich parents but don’t really want to work as so much continue their lifestyle that they grew up with. I think Michael want to college for directing/writing but now has settled on acting. Im sure he’ll find a job in the Disney family. I think he’s already on Riverdale. I don’t watch that show so I’m not sure if that’s true or not. Lola is going to college for singing. I’m sure she’ll have a record deal as a graduation gift. LOL!!!! That said, their kids do seem like polite people but it must be nice to not really have to work when you grow up. 

Michael is on Riverdale , what a shocker ! I wonder how he got that job! 
Lola is going to get help for sure , especially with uncle Ry Ry around !
Micheal and Joaquin seem like nice kids . Lola seems like a nice kid but I think mom’s need to show off and having no boundaries about certain things seems to have influenced her . Her Instagram was disturbing !  And mom on all fours in a bathing suit along with saying she’d walk around naked if she looked like Lola  is definitely having an effect .

BTW Ryan seems more and more inpatient with Kelly’s need to be talking and taking up segments to the point where they run longer than they should .  He cut her off a few times yesterday and they actually ran  over a few times so they had to give the contestant the mug without playing the game .

Didn’t Kelly talk about how she hates being on tv ? LOL! She sure is taking up a lot of screen time and doing a good imitation of a person who enjoys it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

They grew up with mostly filthy rich parents but don’t really want to work as so much continue their lifestyle that they grew up with.

Just curious, how do you know Michael really doesn't want to work as so much continue  his lifestyle?

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Just curious, how do you know Michael really doesn't want to work as so much continue  his lifestyle?

Oh, I don’t. I guess the term “work” is subjective. He’s on a tv show his father has been on for several years and I doubt he had to audition. I guess it will depend on him gaining a following to continue on in the entertainment business. He got his foot in the door and now has to see if it has legs. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Oh, I don’t. I guess the term “work” is subjective. He’s on a tv show his father has been on for several years and I doubt he had to audition.

Michael graduated from NYU's Tisch School of the Arts in May 2020.  I think he's okay with "work".  He's been making cameos on his father's show (he plays the younger version of his father's character in flashbacks) to see the inner workings of a TV set since Michael is interested in being a director.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Michael graduated from NYU's Tisch School of the Arts in May 2020.  I think he's okay with "work".  He's been making cameos on his father's show (he plays the younger version of his father's character in flashbacks) to see the inner workings of a TV set since Michael is interested in being a director.

I wonder why folks think people in the entertainment industry don't "work".  Back to Kelly - I am pretty sure she doesn't show up on the set at 8:59 and leave at 10:01.  Maybe not an 8 hour day but there are some powers that be that think she is worth her salary. If not they would not have renewed her contracts.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder why folks think people in the entertainment industry don't "work".  Back to Kelly - I am pretty sure she doesn't show up on the set at 8:59 and leave at 10:01.  Maybe not an 8 hour day but there are some powers that be that think she is worth her salary. If not they would not have renewed her contracts.

She’s been doing something right. Otherwise, she would have been fired years ago. I think that she is well liked by Gelman, Art Moore & the crew. I think she gets to the studio about 1 and a half to 2 hours before. She gets driven in & is in hair, makeup & wardrobe well before going on the air. 

• Love 2
(edited)

The co-host on Monday was Tamron Hall. Tuesday was Ryan's LA Radio co-host Sysanie.  Menunous showed up Wednesday.  Since Thursday and Friday have been pre-taped shows all season long, presumably two of those three will show up again this week.  I can't imagine that they would fly 8-month pregnant radio co-host to NYC for just one hour.

Wouldn't be surprised if they each taped multiple shows (3 each?) and that next week has 5 pre-tapes so Ryan can start his summer vacation. That would then lead into four weeks of "Best Of" with newly created Host Chats with Kelly and Ryan.

ETA

OK that theory was wrong.  Just checked the Sue Late Night List and Menunous gets Thursday and Friday.  Katie Lowes gets all week to guest co-host during Week Two of the Olympics.  Ali Wentworth gets the week of August 9.

That would leave "Best Of" shows for the weeks of Aug 16/23/30, and maybe into September ?

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
I was wrong
  • Love 1

I think Kelly is on a long vacation combined with getting her youngest off to college. Empty nester indeed. Even Mark is away filming in Canada. Talk about me time. I’d love that. LOL!!!

• LOL 2
13 hours ago, finnzup said:

Ali did not disappoint today!

She sure didn't.  It was so refreshing listening to a host who actually does stuff in their free time besides working out, dieting and soul cycle.  Ali shares an anecdote and Ryan goes straight to a piece of paper with Most Popular Dog Names.  Thanks for phoning it in RyRy.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, finnzup said:

Wednesday morning crapchat, omg.  The first 3 minutes of Kelllmeeeee 'trying' to speak.....there are no words!! 

Kelly's never mentioned it, but I'm thinking her inability to formulate a sentence is due to "Menopause Brain".  She hasn't always been this "stunned" ... just sayin'.

• LOL 2

I'm not a fan of the re-packaged reruns the show airs every late summer. But I do have to give them some credit this year.  Instead of simply badly edited "article reading", they are doing a good job weaving from episode to episode.  The topics often carryover, the trivia questions have tied to guests who aired on the previous rerun, and the frantic, awkward edits are fewer.  

I caught a little bit of the episode about Ryan fasting and Kelly wearing what appeared to be a pajama top.  Anyone know if that was new?  The part about Ryan not eating seemed odd.  I only saw a portion, so maybe I took it out of context. 

• Love 1

Ryan has been doing "intermittent fasting" for a year.  Lately they have joked about it, so it's not clear how seriously he takes it.  He also hypes that he is vegan, while still eating meat, that he is a millennial, even though he is closer to 50 than 40, and that he is seriously looking for a wife, despite, er, never-mind.

The google is full of links to Intermittent Fasting.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Yeah, no need to see any of it anymore.  Crap chat has disintegrated to whatever...just not entertaining for me.

And something that really bugs me, why can't Kellmeee just walk out like a normal person?  Why does she have to 'dance' out?  And I use the term 'dance' loosley, lol.  Just such an oddball.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2