Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I accidentally tuned in & stuck around.  Ali is so smart & funny!!!  She is a dependable co-host who doesn't hog the limelight.  Would love to see her full time, but I don't think George would like it!!

I DVR LwK&R everyday but I always wind up deleting 5 episodes on a Saturday afternoon due to lack of interest, but after seeing this post I had to tune in.  I'm a huge fan of Ali Wentworth, she was born for a show like this.  (Years ago she tried with Jack Ford, it didn't work out.)  She's married to a very serious ABC news personality, yet she doesn't take him or herself too seriously.  She actually has hobbies other than extreme fitness.  She has a great sense of humor, a unique point of view and Ryan plays off her very well.  If someone gave her a show, I'd watch.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I DVR LwK&R everyday but I always wind up deleting 5 episodes on a Saturday afternoon due to lack of interest, but after seeing this post I had to tune in.  I'm a huge fan of Ali Wentworth, she was born for a show like this.  (Years ago she tried with Jack Ford, it didn't work out.)  She's married to a very serious ABC news personality, yet she doesn't take him or herself too seriously.  She actually has hobbies other than extreme fitness.  She has a great sense of humor, a unique point of view and Ryan plays off her very well.  If someone gave her a show, I'd watch.

Isn’t she BFF with Kelly? I actually deleted all this weeks show. I haven’t been feeling the show lately. Ryan talking how little he is and wants to wear Marks clothes isn’t my idea of morning chat. Why doesn’t he just hook up with Mark and get over it. Have a great weekend, y’all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

There is a blind item about a talk show host whose celebrity hubby  is cheating on her .  I don’t know if that’s true, but once again Kelly and Mark had to share PDA make our throwback pics like high school students ! I just think anyone who has to advertise their love life is usually not getting it for real !

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Speaking of Ry-Ry, last week they were talking about him stepping in his dog's "accident" when he went to the bathroom at night.  He cleaned the mess up with paper towels & put them in the toilet.  His toilet got plugged!!!  (I guess common sense ain't so common any more ... LOL.)

• LOL 6

Speaking of Uncle  Ry Ry his story about jumping into Harry Connick Jr’s arms so hard  he gave him a concussion was just odd . I wish Ry Ry would just come out like the rest or Kelly abs Mark’s friends !

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • LOL 1
On 3/27/2021 at 11:32 AM, goldenpuppy said:

There is a blind item about a talk show host whose celebrity hubby  is cheating on her .  I don’t know if that’s true, but once again Kelly and Mark had to share PDA make our throwback pics like high school students ! I just think anyone who has to advertise their love life is usually not getting it for real !

You got that right lol

• LOL 1
On 4/6/2021 at 9:03 AM, justduckey said:

What are they on a three-week vacation?? When was this show last actually live???

It was live last week or the week before with Ryan & guest co-host. Kelly has been on vacation for about 3 weeks. I’m sure one or two of those weeks were in line with her kids Spring Break(s). I’m guessing g they’ll be back next week but it might be Ryan who’s on vacation doing Live and Idol and needing a break. The struggle is real. 

• LOL 4

I am pretty sure that Ryan's week with guest hosts had "Previously Recorded" flash on the screen. 

They were live again on Wednesday April 7.  Ryan asserted that he asked for the extra day off due to Idol.

It's pretty common that the show takes 2-3 weeks off around Easter.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Is this contract negotiation time?  Maybe she's holding out for more $$$?  (She's way overpaid now though, lol, imo.)

I'd love for them to come back and someone else is in the chair opposite Ryan.  

I know Kellmeeee has forever been talking about 'retiring' -- this goes way back -- but she still hasn't pulled the trigger on that wish, not that I ever believed that for a moment.  She loves the reflection of herself way too much to give it all up.

I don't remember them being away for so long in years past.  

Repeats of Matlock much more entertaining, lol.

On 4/12/2021 at 7:30 AM, ByaNose said:

Yeah,I think Kelly has officially been off a month now. Ryan might be two or three weeks. 

The show was live on Wed and Thur April 7-8.

And Ryan returned from LA at 4AM for the live Tuesday April 13 episode.

Now that American Idol is doing live shows on Sunday and Monday, I suspect we will get Monday pre-tapes until June.

Whether it's Kelly or Gelman or the ABC syndication suits, the decision seems to have been made that Ryan can have pre-recorded guest co-hosts,  but Kelly only does the show with Ryan.  She has twenty years of tenure, so I suspect she at least partly approved the arrangement.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

but Kelly only does the show with Ryan

And even when that's the case, she rarely does anything.  He does all the heavy lifting so to speak.  She merely sits there and looks at him, nods her head and when she does attempt to speak, it's pausing, repeating words endlessly and scratching herself.  

She really has quite the gig, minimal work for maximum pay.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, finnzup said:

And even when that's the case, she rarely does anything.  He does all the heavy lifting so to speak.  She merely sits there and looks at him, nods her head and when she does attempt to speak, it's pausing, repeating words endlessly and scratching herself.  

She really has quite the gig, minimal work for maximum pay.

I do like when she hosts with Mark. That said, she’s an awful host. Yesterday, she started to tell a story about her former AMC co-star Dondre Whitfield who’s she’s been in contact with only through social media but hadn’t seen in 25 years. Anyway, it sounded like she was going to say how they met up but she said his name and got totally sidetracked by something or Ryan and never finished the story. I’m sure Whitfield was thrilled of their reunion being mentioned as a footnote. In between her stammers and mouth agape it’s amazing how she earns 20 million a year. Simply astonishing. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, justduckey said:

And back to pre-recorded. 

At this point they might as well just always pre-record and change the name of the darn show already!

It really is ridiculous.  The original concept of the show is long gone and this new reincarnation is just awful.

• Love 1

The show sucks more than usual ! Ryan does have the ability to host and interview. I listen to his radio show a few like mornings a week, and he’s very spontaneous and good . He plays off well with his radio cohost .

But, when Kelly comes gyrating to her chair like someone put bugs in her underwear, thinking she looks hot dancing , when she just looks ridiculous,  it’s like Ryan deflates into her boring sidekick while she interrupts him constantly.  She tells the same stories over and over , tells us how fat her skeletal body is , or tells us how hot Mark is !

Oh and we also get to hear about narcissistic exercise posts or texts between Kelly and Ryan . Zzzzzzzz.

What used to be the next part of the show is painful !  Both of them are very self absorbed and talk to each other way too much off the show to be interesting in host chat !  
It’s no wonder ratings are going down for the show !

• Love 3
18 hours ago, snowydaze said:

What used to be the next part of the show is painful !  Both of them are very self absorbed and talk to each other way too much off the show to be interesting in host chat !  

Very good observation!  That was something Reege always insisted upon....no talking before the show....save it for 'host chat.'

Host chat is nothing more than talking about how 'fat' Kelllmeee is (imagine if you are overweight how you feel when she calls herself overweight?!?!) and other juvenile topics that she finds oh so funny and I think Ryan goes along with it because....because, I have no idea why, lol.

They talk about nothing of interest, to me, it's all self-absorbed things that really only the rich and famous can identify with.

At least when Reege talked about a dinner out at a great restaurant, the punchline was always something so simple and funny that everyone of us experienced or could experience even though we were not in his tax bracket, lol.

Btw, was today's show taped?  I missed it and wondered if they mentioned the kid on AI that messed up which I read about on social media.  

• Love 5

Watched today's show while at the gym and I forgot my earbuds, ugh.  I never watch it there, it's usually a movie but I thought it would be easier to read the closed captions since I'm familiar with the show.

Oh my stars!!!!  You have no idea what the closed-captions looks like when Kellmeeee opens her mouth, lol.  I don't think there were too many finished sentences and if they were, they made no sense.  So many phrases followed by ----- and just unfinished thoughts.

I would not want to be the transcriber, most of what she/he typed out made no sense when attached to Kelllmeeee.

And while reading the captions, it's even more obvious that Ryan is the lead of the show.  He introduces, goes to commercial break and basically carries the entire hour with 'itchy & scratchy' just sitting on her perch nodding and smiling.

Hopefully will remember the ear buds tomorrow and will be watching my ScyFy horror movie! lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I was just checking in to see if any actual Oscar winners showed up to the afterparty show.

It's hard to say, but Tyler Perry was there for sure.  The whole "effort" was collosoly anemic & less than entertaining.  Gawd!!!

• Love 3

It was a very poorly produced show imo and I am beating a dead horse, I know, but honestly, what is Kellmeee's role on this show?  Ryan does everything.  He does all the interviews, does all the segues, he does it all.  She sits there and nods and stammers a few times and Ryan or the guests have to finish her sentences.

I really thought they were heading out to the West Coast, not dressing up their NY studio.  Silly me!

On 4/21/2021 at 12:22 PM, justduckey said:

I think I’m officially done with this show. Time to remove it from the DVR. It’s just not enjoyable to me anymore. 

I have done the same.  It used to be a part of my routine every single morning.  Now I cannot stand it.  Even though he’s paid a boatload of money, I don’t know how Ryan can stomach being on the show with Kelly anymore.  At the beginning, in the honeymoon phase, it was absolutely fine but it has deteriorated so, so badly.  All due to Kelly unfortunately.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 2

Yesterday I was pettily annoyed. KellMe wore a black jumpsuit with a pink/red waist sash. That didn’t bother me so much. It was her choice of white heels that did not go with the outfit. 

Today I may watch because Bethenny Frankel is their headline guest. I’m not a fan of her either, but the thought  of her and Kellme’s egos clashing might have some amusing moments. 

I’ve actually been over this show for quite awhile. KellMe seems to just dial it in while Ryan tries to keep it afloat. I’ll watch if I’m interested in their guest. The only reason I did watch yesterday was to see when the new season of Handmaids Tale comes out. Then I was done. 

• Love 1

Happened to have it on while I was doing something else....lol.....I would have liked to hear more about Geldman’s worm farm. Have they covered it before?  It was mentioned briefly, but then Kelly got sidetracked and it was quickly abandoned.  I’d like to know the story of the worm farm, how it works, costs, positives, etc.  Oh well.....

• Love 1

Would like to suggest that if any of you are so inclined to listen to the free podcast Double Date hosted by Phil Donahue and Marlo Thomas - episode with Kelly and Mark. It was very enjoyable and I’d venture a guess to say he isn’t the subject of the various rumors floated here. Also Kelly has a lot to say with no “ums”. Maybe she is tired of the show. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

If I wanted to check out Live and Kelly after listening to the podcast, I would be shocked at the difference! Podcast Kelly and Live Kelly are two different Kelly’s!

I think she is just tired of the show but the $$ is too good.  

• Love 2

Apparently, Kelly sent Ryan’s mother and sister flowers for Mother’s Day. A nice gesture but a little overboard. I guess when one has money you spread the wealth. Her kids gave her a beautiful arrangement of flowers and floral garden that spelled Mom. Now, I feel like a shlub for buying my Mom her flowers at Giant. I did buy the expensive ones at $24 though. LOL!!!!!

• Love 2

omg....Monday morning host chat?!  These two self-absorbed people are so obnoxious.  And both of them have taken on this weird affected way of speaking and pronunciation.

Time to change the channel.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Kelly can’t stop stroking her hair as she explains how her eyebrows are non-existent. She seems to be a narcissist. Can’t they come up with something to chat about rather than themselves? Ryan isn’t so bad. 

• Love 4

Kelly & Ryan seem to think that anything a guest says (Scott Foley) is fodder for them to talk about themselves.  Poor Scott, he had a hard time making his point(s).  I keep forgetting how bad they are until I'm reminded.  Gawd!!!

• Love 5

I’m just glad that Kelly was able to have the eye brow lady from California fly in and do her brows. Because she hasn’t had them done in 3 years. Yup! She is so outta touch with reality. I think even Ryan thought it was ridiculous. So nice to have money. Yes. It’s her money and she can do what she wants with it but this is what host chat is reduced to. I miss the old days of Regis getting lost going to a restaurant a block away from his house. He was rich but he never acted like it. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

She is so outta touch with reality.

Being rich and ridiculous is her reality!

I miss the old days of Regis getting lost going to a restaurant a block away from his house.

Same here.

He was rich but he never acted like it.

So true!

• Love 5

Working from home today, tuned in & had to turn it off within 6 minutes.  O.M.G. Kelly is unbearable!!  She said something like there are 35 places she'd rather be than there.  GREAT, please go to one of those 35 places and spare us all.  She does not let Ryan get a word in.  Every time he opens his mouth she just starts talking over him.  I do not know how he does this show with her every day.  She is a complete narcissist in every way.  And her clothing and hairstyle are awful.  

Oh & great comment above about Regis.  He was the best.  She has destroyed Live.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Being rich and ridiculous is her reality!

Same here.

So true!

I stand corrected. That is her reality. As, shallow as it may be. I think I was projecting about my own reality. LOL!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I turned on Live while working from home today to see Kelly gyrating with some stupid look on her face . Then we heard how she ran through Central Park but doesn't go until 5 pm since so many people are there "working from home ".  She made air quotes as if to indicate these people are really goofing off .     

Since it's been a long time since privileged  Kelly has actually worked a full 8 hour day and also has not lived in a three story , multimillion dollar penthouse in NYC, complete with a huge outdoor roof backyard , she obviously is so out of touch with the small , hot apartments with no outside space that most people in NYC live in , so Central Park is their outside space  or back yard ! 

Kelly's constant need to interrupt Ryan is so annoying . She just goes on and on , repeats the same stories over and over .  She's a bundle of insecurity, constantly talking about her age .   
Her need to act like Ryan is a child when he's only four years younger than her is so weird, but it makes sense since he has way more going on career wise and it seems to make her feel more in control .

The show sucks now . Endless rambling between two rich , privileged, boring people who text each other all day and have nothing new to share during host chat. And if they are given a topic , Kelly interrupts when makes it all about her .  This also happens during interviews along with Kelly staring at herself in the monitor and scratching and stammering .

I do think Ryan could do better job if he didn't have a neurotic , insecure, controlling cohost . He does well on his radio  show .  But it seems like Gelman and Ryan just don't want to even try to move the show along when Kelly is going on and on since they probably don't want to deal with her meltdowns !

• Love 6
On 4/21/2021 at 11:22 AM, justduckey said:

I think I’m officially done with this show. Time to remove it from the DVR. It’s just not enjoyable to me anymore. 

I stopped watching pretty much right after Ryan started. There is nothing good here. Every now and then I see a few minutes and I am really shocked that this show still has an audience. Kelly Ripa managed to take her own pretty likeable persona (when she first started, and even then, she had problems) and destroy it. She is unwatchable. How do they even have viewers at this point?

• Love 7

Kelly must have a really good agent who negotiated her a multiyear megabucks contract. Otherwise I fail to understand why they are keeping her. They do have good ratings so I understand the network wanting to keep the show. I have a suspicion that nobody is brave enough to tell her the truth and that she needs to tone the me me me down. It’s a shame. It has a good time slot and they do well at getting good guests. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Kelly must have a really good agent who negotiated her a multiyear megabucks contract. Otherwise I fail to understand why they are keeping her.

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

They do have good ratings

You answered your own question!  As long as the ratings are good, and they are good, Kelly and Ryan will stay.  This low-budget show is a cash cow for ABC.

• Love 3