Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I was livid at the cheap gesture Disney made with the commemorative plaque at the Columbus Ave. entrance.  They couldn't have named something after him?!   Donate a gazillion dollars to his favorite/many charities????  He only saved the network which resided in the massive building/complex attached to the studio where LIVE was produced.  At least Iger showed up.

I had long forgotten that a future president (Trump) was prominently featured in several audience scans.

I also had forgotten just how pretty Kelly was when she first got the gig.  Her later devotion to thinness has not served her well.

• Love 1

When I think of what it took to fire on air personalities over the past few years such as Billy Bush, I am surprised that there was little to no industry backlash over the complete POS response given by Ripa and the network.

The feeble and narcissistic response should have garnered an avalanch of condemnation. It did but it was the fans that reacted not the media or industry.

My hope is that the fans decide to turn on this POS show with its idiot host and producers and it gets cancelled or completely rebuilt with new producers and hosts. Then I will be happy. Until then Ripa and her ego will be collecting her bucks and stammering her way through another season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Just watched the Friday show. The best part was Being Regis. The worst part was Kelly pretending that they were friends & missed him. She never gave him a second thought after he left. She know most people know this but I doubt she’ll ever be called on it except maybe Howard Stern. Regis lived a full life and will be missed. Kelly will continue with her Hampton life with Mar, Andy & Anderson. The life she got because of Regis Philbin. I liked her in the beginning because they worked well together but as time went on she got too rich and phony. When she wrote Regis off like so many others is when I didn’t enjoy her anymore. RIP Regis! 

• Love 9

Wow! What a refreshing change to not have Kelly squinting into her computer , stammering and making one sided speeches about how everything relates to her !  There is actual conversation and Ryan doesn’t have to try to change the adolescent, boring Kelly speeches about being nude and sex !  I wonder if she left her Hamptons mansion to go back to the Caribbean.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

Wow! What a refreshing change to not have Kelly squinting into her computer , stammering and making one sided speeches about how everything relates to her !  There is actual conversation and Ryan doesn’t have to try to change the adolescent, boring Kelly speeches about being nude and sex !  I wonder if she left her Hamptons mansion to go back to the Caribbean.

Kelly and Mark are the only couple I find more annoying in the home version of a show .  Racheal Ray and her husband look like they need a good shower, but I actually enjoyed their cooking show from home .   I also like seeing Giada, Hoda, Jena ,  the Kitchen hosts and many others with out a ton of guests and production . Even our local personalities come across way more real and relatable from home or in a stripped down version of their shows .

Kelly just comes across more fake than ever and sadly , Mark is just not as likable as he used to be .  They’ve just seem to have morphed into being very full of themselves .  I actually met Mark at a fan event when he was on the soap, he just was a very nice guy . Kelly has just had Michael and was not on Live .   I liked Kelly when she first came in Live too .

Last week was not only nauseating because of the fake holding back tears about Regis , but watching Mark who had to flex his his biceps  as he wore  short sleeves throughout the show .

Their online behavior of “clapping back”, insulting posters like Mark did when he was  asked about  being in the Caribbean, and the blocking of posters who dare question them is making them look very full of themselves and tacky .   
Kelly pretending to hear sirens on NYC she she was on some island was the topper !  She also had to pretend  she was using Lola’s bronzer for a tanned look !  So fake 
I don’t know much about Kate who cohosted for Kelly this week , but it was refreshing seeing a two way conversation with Ryan !  Yes, Kelly does squint into the computer right before telling us one of her fascinating anecdotes where she has to make every single topic about her and relate it to her !  She also does ther with guests .  It was also nice just seeing someone act natural and real ,  and her husband was also normal in his behavior, nothing showy or put on .

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 5
On 8/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, marmalade said:

Racheal Ray and her husband look like they need a good shower, but I actually enjoyed their cooking show from home .

After Regis died and various people were talking about what he was up to after he left Live, they would show pics of him and Racheal Ray when he co-hosted with her.  What happened to that gal with the cute hair cut, fitted clothing and fresh scrubbed face??

On 8/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, marmalade said:

I don’t know much about Kate who cohosted for Kelly this week , but it was refreshing seeing a two way conversation with Ryan !  

There are just some who are grateful for the opportunity, know how to have a conversation, and are fun to watch.  And then there is Kelly Ripa🙄

• Love 7
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

What happened to that gal with the cute hair cut, fitted clothing and fresh scrubbed face??

Funny you mention that, I just happened to watch a youtube video of Rachel from her $40 dollar a day show (or whatever it was called, lol) and I cannot believe her transformation.  I get it, we all age, we may gain weight, etc. but she is unrecognizable.  Even her 'persona' is so different....so sweet yet knowledgeable then, now she's a know-it-all, brash big mouth, imo. 

With that said, I thought her tribute to Regis was wonderful and whenever I got to see Reege on her show, she seemed genuinely fond of him.  I actually thought her tribute to Reege was more sincere than Kellmee's and Uncle Ry Ry's.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, finnzup said:

Funny you mention that, I just happened to watch a youtube video of Rachel from her $40 dollar a day show (or whatever it was called, lol) and I cannot believe her transformation.  I get it, we all age, we may gain weight, etc. but she is unrecognizable.  Even her 'persona' is so different....so sweet yet knowledgeable then, now she's a know-it-all, brash big mouth, imo. 

With that said, I thought her tribute to Regis was wonderful and whenever I got to see Reege on her show, she seemed genuinely fond of him.  I actually thought her tribute to Reege was more sincere than Kellmee's and Uncle Ry Ry's.

I have a feeling that Rachael and her hubby like to drink a lot , and it shows ! They look unhealthy and disheveled, even when they are doing her show on tv   I actually did enjoy her show from home in spite of how bad they looked . She wasn’t  her usual obnoxious self and she came  across likable, unlike when she is on her newer 30 minute meals show ! She came across real and likable, and even her scruffy hubby did!
Kelly and Ryan came across as privileged phonies once the production was gone and they had to be themselves!  Kelly pretending to be in NYC hearing sirens when she was on some private Caribbean island and Ryan pretending he can’t get food so he had to eat sardines out is his cupboard , when he went to a private villa in Mexico with his latest girlfriend!  
I agree that most talk show hosts and personalities are much more fun being themselves. Kelly is not one of them because she has turned into a narcissistic fake, and she just makes everything about her without producers around to move things along !

Ryan without Kelly is much better and more normal , maybe because he can actually talk like a normal person with out his cohost taking one thing he says and going on for 20 minutes about herself, until he has to awkwardly change the subject ! So choppy and not fun to watch them together .

Katie and Maria actually were a nice change !  They conversed - what a concept!  Maria has a damn annoying laugh, but she is very likable and just natural , like Katie .  Such a contrast to Kelly who takes any topic Ryan brings up, stares into the computer , and says “you know Ryan.....”, while she goes on about herself , or about how hot “Daddy” is! Blech ! So not relatable !

Edited by Dansgreens
  • Love 5
On 8/6/2020 at 5:10 AM, Dansgreens said:

I have a feeling that Rachael and her hubby like to drink a lot , and it shows ! They look unhealthy and disheveled, even when they are doing her show on tv   I actually did enjoy her show from home in spite of how bad they looked . She wasn’t  her usual obnoxious self and she came  across likable, unlike when she is on her newer 30 minute meals show ! She came across real and likable, and even her scruffy hubby did!
Kelly and Ryan came across as privileged phonies once the production was gone and they had to be themselves!  Kelly pretending to be in NYC hearing sirens when she was on some private Caribbean island and Ryan pretending he can’t get food so he had to eat sardines out is his cupboard , when he went to a private villa in Mexico with his latest girlfriend!  
I agree that most talk show hosts and personalities are much more fun being themselves. Kelly is not one of them because she has turned into a narcissistic fake, and she just makes everything about her without producers around to move things along !

Ryan without Kelly is much better and more normal , maybe because he can actually talk like a normal person with out his cohost taking one thing he says and going on for 20 minutes about herself, until he has to awkwardly change the subject ! So choppy and not fun to watch them together .

Katie and Maria actually were a nice change !  They conversed - what a concept!  Maria has a damn annoying laugh, but she is very likable and just natural , like Katie .  Such a contrast to Kelly who takes any topic Ryan brings up, stares into the computer , and says “you know Ryan.....”, while she goes on about herself , or about how hot “Daddy” is! Blech ! So not relatable !

I had to laugh here because I’ve been watching Live since it started. The part where you mention Ryan bringing up a subject and Kelly (literally) saying, “You know Ryan....blah....blah....blah” is dead on. It wouldn’t be bad if she spoke clearly but she just stammers and Ryan then smiles. Then Kelly say we are the same person and more mumbling jumbo crap. She’s rich and phony now. He’s rich and playing the field but likes to play that part down but he is better when she’s not on. Because when she isn’t there he has more control of the show and the interviews. He’s good at that stuff but when Kelly is there he has to sort of give in and fawn over her. All of her men do that such as Anderson, Andy and others. She’ll stay with that show till it ends and continue making the millions because she knows what an easy gig it is and for some reason is well liked. Maybe, she is the nicest person in the world but she comes off as the biggest phony on air. I miss her when she was poor and just starting the show with Regis. Money does change you no matter what people say. Rant over.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 7

Whether by choice or habit a lot of people don't analyze what they see and hear. Some watch every minute of a show and others use it as background noise while they do chores, get ready for work, etc, Some celebrities provide entertainment without openly deceiving their audiences and others are not held to that standard. Long-time experience has shown KR that she can make bank by being deceptive and meeting low expectations. 

Her snide responses when she is criticized reveal her true nature. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 7
On 8/6/2020 at 5:10 AM, Dansgreens said:

There was a story a few years ago that Rachael and her husband where swingers and where caught coming out of a swingers club in New York.

3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I read that Kelly Ripa & the Consuelos Family are on the cover of "People" Magazine this coming week....I guess they will tell us all about living in Quarantine

It’s probably damage control for how she handled the death of Regis. That said, these covers are planned in advance but I like a conspiracy theory as much as the next guy. LOL!!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I read that Kelly Ripa & the Consuelos Family are on the cover of "People" Magazine this coming week....I guess they will tell us all about living in Quarantine

Oh, great!  I look forward to not buying it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Oh the Ripseulos clan is in full BS form for damage control and promoting her daughter as a singer/celebrity !

i don’t know about the boys, but the bullshit from with Kelly and the daughter  was hilarious ! Looks like Kelly is trying to help her daughter’s desire to be a celebrity ! They discuss Lola’s Instagram which I hear has all of the old pictures removed ! 😂😂 Sorry , but the attempt to change the image is comical when  the old pictures were so Kardashian! 

Edited by Dansgreens
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Oh, poor family with “spotty WiFi”!  Lmao ! She is so full of shit ! Like she can’t afford top notch technology???  Sheltering in place ? She was on a private island lying and pretending she was in NYC!

They must pay PR a lot since she was getting raked over the coals on social media ! And their daughter had an interesting Instagram account that suddenly had all of her photos with Kardashian like  outfits and poses suddenly wirh no pictures, but her latest was featured in people   Defiantly time for damage control ! 
Oh Gelman posted a link to his daughter’s new single ! Yes , that’s right , the Gelman’s and Consuelos families now have amazing talented kids ! Barf ! Must be nice to be average and  mediocre and have the money and privilege and parent connections to make you a star   

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, goldenpuppy said:

Oh, poor family with “spotty WiFi”!  Lmao ! She is so full of shit ! Like she can’t afford top notch technology???  Sheltering in place ? She was on a private island lying and pretending she was in NYC!

They must pay PR a lot since she was getting raked over the coals on social media ! And their daughter had an interesting Instagram account that suddenly had all of her photos with Kardashian like  outfits and poses suddenly wirh no pictures, but her latest was featured in people   Defiantly time for damage control ! 
Oh Gelman posted a link to his daughter’s new single ! Yes , that’s right , the Gelman’s and Consuelos families now have amazing talented kids ! Barf ! Must be nice to be average and  mediocre and have the money and privilege and parent connections to make you a star   

Well yes must be nice. For whatever reason they have big buck contracts. A lot of someones are bamboozled into watching and sponsors must not know any better. They do give some of their money away. If those kids aren’t talented their parents alleged fame won’t go very far. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Well yes must be nice. For whatever reason they have big buck contracts. A lot of someones are bamboozled into watching and sponsors must not know any better. They do give some of their money away. If those kids aren’t talented their parents alleged fame won’t go very far. 

Do pop stars really have to be talented ? It’s more about promotion and a gimmick . 
Looks like Lola is trying to change Umm gimmick or look .

1 hour ago, Dansgreens said:

Do pop stars really have to be talented ? It’s more about promotion and a gimmick . 
Looks like Lola is trying to change Umm gimmick or look .

Time will tell. There are a lot of wannabes. Parents’ connections will only go so far. There have to be enough people to like her enough. Maybe mark and kelly and the gelmans will hire them as fans of the daughters 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, suomi said:

You know they are drooling at the thought of being able to say an equivalent of "We're with the band" or "Check out our crotch fruit" while gyrating and providing PDA. 

Yes ,  but Gelman and the Consuelos may end up not liking the attention that their daughters get! I heard the lyrics that Jamie Gelman was singing on her new single that is streaming .  Just like the attention Lola got for her pics .

i get they are adults , but they are teens and i am just surprised that their parents are liking Kardashian like photos and also excited about them being in the pop music world which is difficult and also can be very corrupt and cruel for young artists .

• Love 3

Watched the video of Mother Kellmee and Lola and ended it at her talking about Lola's figure.  To say, "I'd be sitting here naked if I had her figure" is so degrading, imo.  Kelly, the 'woke' (hate that word) feminist that she claims to be, totally sexualizes her daughter and Lola moved on quickly, as she should have.

Can't imagine Mark having that conversation with Joaquin, who also has a great body, suggesting he sit in  his interview chair butt- naked!

P.S.  I'm sure Kellmee was referencing Lola's breasts, which are ginormous, as evidenced by her saying "sometimes I wish she'd put on a sweater."

Agree with all the others, purely damage control after the debacle of Regis' tribute/funeral.  I hope they pay their publicists well.

• Love 4
On 8/14/2020 at 5:14 PM, finnzup said:

Watched the video of Mother Kellmee and Lola and ended it at her talking about Lola's figure.  To say, "I'd be sitting here naked if I had her figure" is so degrading, imo.  Kelly, the 'woke' (hate that word) feminist that she claims to be, totally sexualizes her daughter and Lola moved on quickly, as she should have.

Can't imagine Mark having that conversation with Joaquin, who also has a great body, suggesting he sit in  his interview chair butt- naked!

P.S.  I'm sure Kellmee was referencing Lola's breasts, which are ginormous, as evidenced by her saying "sometimes I wish she'd put on a sweater."

Agree with all the others, purely damage control after the debacle of Regis' tribute/funeral.  I hope they pay their publicists well.

That video looked very fake and cringeworthy on Kelly’s part . I couldn’t believe the comments she made about Lola’s body . It makes sense that Lola would think I it was ok to pose like a Kardashian and showcase her body parts in a way that brought her very strange comments that would disturb me If was her parent .  It also was weird seeing Mark and Kelly liking some of the more provocative photos and commenting ! I wonder if their publicist told them that those pictures needed to come down on a public Instagram account . 

Lola actually came across fine in the video , although I do think it are scripted and fake in many ways .  It definitely seemed like Kelly paid money to be in the cover for damage control about her pretending to be in NYC during the pandemic when she was on some private island and also the fact that she had people commenting on her Regis tribute and treatment .  The issues featured many celebrity families but the Kelly, Mark and kids get the cover ?? I think for a price , you can get showcased !

Sure seemed like a mixture of damage control and also promoting her daughter who wants to be a celebrity . I am sure Lola’s account will now be showing no more Kardashian poses or videos shaking her parts !   
Kelly’s obsession with her body and looks and addiction to dippy reality TV has sadly seemed to have affected Lola to the point that she was exploiting herself and drawing attention that I would not want to happen to my daughter . 
It’s weird that Kelly thinks the Bachelor is so horrible , but I remember her telling one of the Kardashians thar Lola was obsessed with them years ago ! Really?

Then again , when I see the constant pictures Kelly posts to show off Mark’s body , and many other things make sense !

I think it is interesting that don’t seem to be thirsty for attention like the females in the family .

Edited by Dansgreens
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, bannana said:

Kelly and Mark sure made beautiful children.

The mother daughter chat was cringe-worthy for many reasons, but mostly because of the OTT adulation that Lola heaped on Kelly.  

That was cringeworthy for sure , but what was worse for me was Kelly going on and on about her daughter’s body ! Geeze it was creepy ! 
Why is that even a topic ! 

• Love 8

Yikes that video with Kelly and Lola was fake and so creepy !  Such an obvious publicity stunt! People seems to be in the Ripsuelo payroll.  Kelly saying she’d be naked if she had her daughter’s body and going on and on to the point that Lola looked uncomfortable was disturbing for sure. Why is it a topic at all? 
I guess that is the way Kelly claps back at those who have made comments that Lola’s picture look like Kardashian pictures . She had to say that she wouldn’t even have any clothes on if it was her  ! 

Then again Kelly and Mark have pictures showing off “Daddy’s “ body all the time , and Mark was a stripper before he was a soap star , so maybe they really didn’t think the provocative poses were not a great idea until their publicist told them it was not a great idea! I don’t get how starved they have to be for attention to be ok with rhe creepy comments some made under Lola’s pictures, and to also even comment on her body !  

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 3

I wonder if Kelly will return to Live in September totally grey .  Now she’s posting pics if her grey roots !  Aww poor thing ! Even though NY stats allows salons to open, and she’s in the Hamptons, and she could have someone come to her backyard and color her hair, she keeps trying so hard to appear ordinary! So fake !  Kind of how Ryan looks like a shaggy mess, but he can vacation in Mexico ! 

More and more I think that Kelly and Ryan are totally made for each other .  They always make comments on how alike the are , and it’s actually true in some level. They are both two privileged fakes pretending to be normal.  

Of course People had to repost her stupid Tweet showing roots ! Kelly must be paying her publicist a lot so they can keep People on speed dial . Of all of the celebrity families featured  they get the cover ?

It was hilarious that there was no mention of the private island when Kelly pretended to be in NYC . Didn’t you know she was baking banana bread? LMAO!  She’s probably back in the private island again that she flew to on a private  jet! 
 Such a fake ! Then again lied and was fake on Live during Hurricane Sandy!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, marmalade said:

I wonder if Kelly will return to Live in September totally grey .  Now she’s posting pics if her grey roots !  Aww poor thing ! Even though NY stats allows salons to open, and she’s in the Hamptons, and she could have someone come to her backyard and color her hair, she keeps trying so hard to appear ordinary! So fake !  Kind of how Ryan looks like a shaggy mess, but he can vacation in Mexico ! 

More and more I think that Kelly and Ryan are totally made for each other .  They always make comments on how alike the are , and it’s actually true in some level. They are both two privileged fakes pretending to be normal.  

Of course People had to repost her stupid Tweet showing roots ! Kelly must be paying her publicist a lot so they can keep People on speed dial . Of all of the celebrity families featured  they get the cover ?

It was hilarious that there was no mention of the private island when Kelly pretended to be in NYC . Didn’t you know she was baking banana bread? LMAO!  She’s probably back in the private island again that she flew to on a private  jet! 
 Such a fake ! Then again lied and was fake on Live during Hurricane Sandy!

Ooh, I had not power for 2+ weeks after Sandy and missed many episodes.  What did she do then??

I have been watching Live for 20+ years and I think I may be removing it from my DVR soon. 

Edited by justduckey
  • Love 2

I don't watch them much at all, but they had Bear Grylls on today, and he was talking about the Eco Challenge race on Amazon he is hosting.  And when Kelly heard they race on only 1 hour sleep, etc, she said that she and Ryan should start a team because they are used to the lack of sleep.  Okay really?  Have you watched the race yet and realize it is complete torture, and isn't about just getting up early, sitting in a chair and having coffee?  Ugh.  I can't even imagine either one of them being able to do a challenge like that.  Ryan especially.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, justduckey said:

Ooh, I had not power for 2+ weeks after Sandy and missed many episodes.  What did she do then??

I have been watching Live for 20+ years and I think I may be removing it from my DVR soon. 

During Hurricane Sandy , Kelly lost power in her penthouse and talked about not being able to shower and her kids standing outside of Starbucks to get WiFi to do school work .

But, just like her fake story about hearing the sirens in NYC in March and April when she was supposedly quarantined there, while she was in the Caribbean, she  was not suffering during Sandy .  She and her family including the dog were suffering in a suite at the Mark hotel in NYC for thousands of dollars per night .  But of course when Kelly finally admitted they went to a hotel , she said they were in one “room” , as if they were at the Holiday Inn, and just like now , her clueless fans think she is just like them . She and Ryan need to be nominated for acting awards for pretending to be average ! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 8/17/2020 at 8:41 AM, alexa said:

I don't watch them much at all, but they had Bear Grylls on today, and he was talking about the Eco Challenge race on Amazon he is hosting.  And when Kelly heard they race on only 1 hour sleep, etc, she said that she and Ryan should start a team because they are used to the lack of sleep.  Okay really?  Have you watched the race yet and realize it is complete torture, and isn't about just getting up early, sitting in a chair and having coffee?  Ugh.  I can't even imagine either one of them being able to do a challenge like that.  Ryan especially.

......skipping the inane ridiculousness...lol...Question, on what are you getting the Eco Challenge?  I want to see it but I'm not finding it.  Someone said it might be streaming only.  Thanks

5 hours ago, ForumLou said:

......skipping the inane ridiculousness...lol...Question, on what are you getting the Eco Challenge?  I want to see it but I'm not finding it.  Someone said it might be streaming only.  Thanks

It is on Amazon Prime.  It just started August 14th.  

I took Kelly & Ryan off my DVR for the month of August and I will (maybe) see them in their September premier. I’m just curious if they’ll at least return to the studio sans audience. I know Kelly doesn't like to leave her house unless it’s over seas on some beautiful island. LOL!!! I’m sure she, Mark and some of the kids are on some yacht with her celeb friends but claiming social distancing. 

• LOL 1

A home show, lol.

Will they be having 'experts' as guests or on video I'm wondering.

Don't know if that will fly, kind of changing the whole concept of the show.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, finnzup said:

A home show, lol.

Will they be having 'experts' as guests or on video I'm wondering.

Don't know if that will fly, kind of changing the whole concept of the show.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

The "article" didn't really give that much information.  From what I've read, I don't know if the home advice theme will be a segment a day or if the whole hour will focus on it.  I can't imagine the show without guests.  I still hope they zoom some actual guests in.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

The "article" didn't really give that much information.  From what I've read, I don't know if the home advice theme will be a segment a day or if the whole hour will focus on it.  I can't imagine the show without guests.  I still hope they zoom some actual guests in.

I think they’ll continue with Zoom chats and possibly a brave celebrity willing to do in studio. That said, I’m sure Kelly would be all ewwwww about it but if it’s with her friends on an island or yacht she be all for it. 

• LOL 3

So I was reading the People article on their return to the studio and the very last paragraph was this:

"When the pandemic hit the U.S. in March, Ripa and her husband Mark Consuelos, 49, were on a trip to the Caribbean with their three kids. The family of five was instructed by ABC to shelter in place, a source previously told PEOPLE."

So who is telling the fib?  Kellmee or ABC?  I'll stand corrected if I'm remembering it incorrectly, but didn't Kellmee imply the Ripsuelos clan just decided to stay put where they were rather than travel back to NY?  Staying put as their decision, NOT ABC's.

• LOL 2