Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Kelly’s cracking voice was too much and so put on!  She was almost comical with her fake sadness when she didn’t bother to talk to him for years .

Sorry, but she’s just so fake and obnoxious . I would have rather heard others on staff talk sincerely about their real feelings than her bullshit .

I wonder if she and Markie sent Joy and the girls some kind of  BS condolences.  She’s probably relieved she can use the pandemic as an excuse for not attending a memorial .

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I remember being surprised how much I enjoyed his show, the first time I tuned in, and how quickly it became "must see TV" for me. Growing up, I barely knew of him, but as we know, he achieved greater fame in his later years. The timing was right, as I was home with newborns, and watching TV at nine AM on a weekday was a new experience. He had me hooked. Sure, he could be "corny," and sound old and crotchety, but more often than not, he would be entertaining just talking about his daily experiences, especially when Joy was there. Kathy Lee, I could take or leave, (mostly leave), and I remember being excited that they picked Kelly Ripa. THAT feeling didn't last!!

When Regis retired, it was the end of an era for me. It feels a bit surreal that he has actually passed. Eighty-eight years is a good long time, and he sure did make the most of his time on earth. He will be fondly remembered by millions for a long time. It is lovely to see the beautiful tributes to him, and to remember him back in the day. I watched the beginning of The View today, and Whoopi and the ladies did a nice segment on him. Whoopi had me starting to well up, and I rarely cry about public figures. I remember watching him as a guest. He was a bit frenetic, but …. gotta love the guy. Nice that Sunny shared that they had bonded over both attending Notre Dame. Regis and his duck!! So silly, but cute and a running gag. He was a generous guy - he made a ton of money, and has given away a ton of money. He made jokes of being self-deprecating - he said he wasn't a star, didn't feel like a big shot. Since he came from humble beginnings, and lived a whole life before becoming "famous," I believe that he didn't really feel like a Star. A big part of his shtick was being a sort of an Everyman. An Everyman who DID become rich, and Joy helped him enjoy some of those riches. And he did have a bit of a bragging side - near the end of his career he knew he had established himself partly by sheer longevity in the business, and he had his Guinness World Record to show for it. He had the Gift of Gab. And even if he didn't feel rich, he knew on some level that he had a LOT of money, and he was able to Do Good with some of it. He was a pretty balanced sort of a guy - he could be crabby, but loved to laugh and joke around. A family man - kind of lead around by the ear by Joy - aka Hell on Wheels, as we sometimes referred to her. A bunch of children who were able to grow up before social media was such a thing. I remember Regis claiming he didn't have an email. Even Kelly Ripa like to brag about not knowing how to use a cell phone, way back when. Now she is well versed in Instagram. 

I quit watching the show when Michael Strahan was there. It just wasn't fun any more, and I felt bad for Michael. By then it was hate-watching, and I had other shows that filled that niche. I don't miss Kelly. I don't care about Ryan. 

Maybe some day, I can watch old episodes on Antenna TV, much like the Johnny Carson shows that are on now. I never watched Johnny back in the day, so it is an amusing look back at previous eras.

Thank you Regis, for bringing something special into my life for many years. You have already been missed. And your memory will always be a blessing. And not a bad time to "bow out" of this Crazy World. He lived a good life. Rest in Peace.

• Love 16
(edited)

Way back in the late 1980's Regis & Kathie Lee came with Live to do a remote from the backside of Churchill Downs during Derby week. My mom and I were lucky enough get tickets. At the end of the show, there were probably 70 senior adults who lined up to meet Regis with canned goods for him. Even though his car service and Gelman were waiting, Regis greeted each and every person. He accented the gifts and asked them questions. He was incredibly gracious. 

On to today's show - is it just me, or did Kelly have makeup on her eyes to appear sad? It just struck me as unusual. 

Edited by DuckyinKy
Because Gelman and German are two different things.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

I didn't care about Kelly or Ryan and their rememberances. I did care about Gelman and especially Art Moore. Art was visibly very sad and made me teary eyed remembering how funny it was when Regis teased him. The good old days of Regis and Kathie Lee will never be replicated. Kathie Lee gave a fine rememberance on her old Today show hour today. She said she had Regis and Joy for lunch at her house 2 weeks ago.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 17
(edited)
50 minutes ago, DuckyinKy said:

Even though his car service and German were waiting,

I know you meant Gelman, DuckyinKy, but the visual of Regis's car service and German waiting is very funny!  😉

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, DuckyinKy said:

Way back in the late 1980's Regis & Kathie Lee came with Live to do a remote from the backside of Churchill Downs during Derby week. My mom and I were lucky enough get tickets. At the end of the show, there were probably 70 senior adults who lined up to meet Regis with canned goods for him. Even though his car service and German were waiting, Regis greeted each and every person. He accented the gifts and asked them questions. He was incredibly gracious. 

On to today's show - is it just me, or did Kelly have makeup on her eyes to appear sad? It just struck me as unusual. 

I remember going to a hotel in Canada and the bellman told us about how nasty Diana Ross was who was performing at the hotel . He then brought up how Regis had performed and stayed at the hotel and was so down to earth and nice to every employee.

Kelly was definitely made up and ready to play the role of grieving cohost! Ugh 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, rcc said:

I didn't care about Kelly or Ryan and their rememberances. I did care about Gelman and especially Art Moore. Art was visibly very sad and made me teary eyed remembering how funny it was when Regis teased him. The good old days of Regis and Kathie Lee will never be replicated. Kathie Lee gave a fine rememberance on her old Today show hour today. She said she had Regis and Joy for lunch at her house 2 weeks ago.

I agree, Gelman and Art were real, and so was the staff in their remembrances online.

I have lost any respect I had for Ryan. He is nothing but Kelly’s lapdog and ass kisser now. He took down an Instagram tribute and put up the publicist’s post yesterday.  Today was damage control day for Kelly and he was there to kiss her ass again and help her cover her real self .

She is a piece of work , and most people except her fans know she is a fake. Apparently she no longer talks to Howard Stern because her out for her treatment of Regis , and Mark apparently performed Howard’s  marriage ceremony ! I hope someday NPH spills the beans about why they don’t speak . 

There is a blind item which is obviously about how Kelly pushed to get Regis out so she could have the show to herself, but then got mad when he didn’t give her enough notice that he was leaving,  Just like she did with Michael .

BTW, Michael posted a very nice tribute and did a real tribute, not overdone and fake , on GMA.

• Love 12

The open was a cringefest.  So much of it was devoted to how they had privileged status.  "That kid (RS) has it." 

When she related how awesome Regis was to her children, my anger rose.  Her betrayal is unforgivable.

Basically, this was a reflected glory fest and I resented the hell out of it.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Jeanius said:

Maybe some day, I can watch old episodes on Antenna TV, much like the Johnny Carson shows that are on now. I never watched Johnny back in the day, so it is an amusing look back at previous eras.

It was mentioned that Friday's show will be an 'updated' airing of his final show. 

• Love 3

This is eerie timing. Watch for it tonight on your channel that carries Jeopardy. Reege and Carol Burnett, wowzer.

JEOPARDY!' TO HONOR REGIS PHILBIN BY SHOWING 1992 EPISODE AS PART OF 'VAULT' SERIES

The 1992 episode also features Carol Burnett and Donna Mills.

As "Jeopardy!" airs classic episodes from its vault, the team a few weeks ago selected the first "Celebrity Jeopardy!" episode that ever aired, and it featured Regis Philbin. Monday night, the 1992 episode will be presented as a tribute to the talk-show legend, who died Friday at age 88.

https://6abc.com/jeopardy-regis-philbin-celebrity-alex-trebek-vault-retro/6336868/

• Love 5

In agreement with all regarding Kelly's 'grief'....everything that came out of her mouth meant nothing to me.  I'm sure Joy and family will respond with class should Kelly bother to reach out to them with condolences.

Where do I go to read the Kelly/NPH tea?  Why do they no longer speak?

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

In agreement with all regarding Kelly's 'grief'....everything that came out of her mouth meant nothing to me.  I'm sure Joy and family will respond with class should Kelly bother to reach out to them with condolences.

Where do I go to read the Kelly/NPH tea?  Why do they no longer speak?

I don’t know if anyone knows for sure , but they no longer follow let each other on social media and she never mentions him.

I don’t love Howard Stern, but I love how he called Kelly our when he was interveiwing Jimmy Kimmel when Jimmy said he didn’t think that Kelly and Regis had a problem or something like that ! Jimmy is a Ripa “friend” and knows what Kelly will do if she dares call him out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The open was a cringefest.  So much of it was devoted to how they had privileged status.  "That kid (RS) has it." 

When she related how awesome Regis was to her children, my anger rose.  Her betrayal is unforgivable.

Basically, this was a reflected glory fest and I resented the hell out of it.  

Ugh it was sickening ! They still found a way to kiss each other’s asses and brag by using Regis ! They are both such egotistical, fake , privileged assholes ! They both suck in this format for different reasons because is they are both not genuine !

• Love 9

I think Kelly is kind of glad it happened in the sense that she can move on from him. I think she liked him but hadn’t “forgiven him” for leaving her or giving notice. It is weird that she acted the same way with Strahan, too. Now, she and Ryan can move on with their (her) show.

I will say that I was shocked when Ryan got the job. I didn’t even recall him even auditioning when Michael left and all the other people trying out. I don’t even think I knew they were “best friends. I guess since he was on the left coast they weren’t always together. The show is meh at best. Regis was the reason I watched the show. Kathie Lee had her moments (until the end) and, Kelly had her funny moments until she became uber wealthy and had her posse of (Anderson, Andy, David Muir & NPH) to vacation with. When she got rich I became disenchanted with her. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh, Kelly is getting called out on twitter for her grieving performance!  The FB and IG accounts are deleting any negative posts, but the can’t delete other people’s tweets !  Kelly didn’t fool many people with her BS. 
Also the Blind Itens that are obviously about Kelly are starting . Here is one from a site that’s usually pretty accurate. Here is is:

The #1 Blind Item Site in the World!

Revisionist History By A TV Star

JULY 27, 2020 BLIND GOSSIP LEAVE A COMMENT

[Blind Gossip] It is always interesting to hear who says what after a celebrity passes.

It is especially amusing to hear from celebrities who did not get along with the departed. 

Most of the time, they will keep it generic and simply express their sorrow.

It is really jaw-dropping, though, to hear the revisionist history that is being pedaled by a this female celebrity after the passing of her former costar.

After working as an actress for several years, she joined this well-established show.

The star of the show was this older man who is universally regarded as a very professional, very nice person.

In fact, if you talk to his previous female costar, she has nothing but great things to say about him. That sentiment is very real. The two of them worked together for many years and remained close friends until the very end.

Eventually, that female costar moved on. 

Young Female really, really wanted to replace her. She fawned all over Male Star and pretended to idolize him. It worked. Male Star advocated for Young Female to get the gig. She did.

Then she turned on him.

She was a total snake in the grass! She was kissing up to him directly but behind his back she was whispering to producers that he was getting too old for the job and that the show needed to replace him to attract a younger audience.

Male Star eventually left the show.

He was very upset that he got pushed out of the show. He was never one to create conflict or to publicly hate on anyone, though, so he just moved on and did not make a big deal of it.

Male Star and Young Female did not remain friends after this happened. In fact, they pretty much never spoke again.

Keep in mind what a contrast that is to Male Star’s relationship with his other female former costar.

So, now that Male Star is gone, how is Young Female spinning her relationship with him?

Her publicists are pedaling a story that the real reason the two did not keep in touch is because – are you ready for this? – she was so mad at him for leaving the show!

What?!

That bit of revisionist history is to make it look like she is a wonderful person who adored him and couldn’t imagine being on the show without him.

Who wants to call her out on this?

She will get away with this because he is not here to defend himself. Even if he was, he would be too classy to publicly call her a liar.

Male Star certainly was one class act.

Which is more than we can say for Young Female.

Male Star:

Young Female:

[Optional] What do you think of Young Female

Edited by marmalade
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Oh, Kelly is getting tackled out on twitter for her grieving performance!  The FB and IF accounts are deleting any negative posts, but the can’t delete other people’s tweets !  Kelly didn’t fool many people with her BS. 
Also the Blind Itens that are obviously about Kelly are starting . Here is one from a site that’s usually pretty accurate. Here is is:

The #1 Blind Item Site in the World!

Revisionist History By A TV Star

JULY 27, 2020 BLIND GOSSIP LEAVE A COMMENT

[Blind Gossip] It is always interesting to hear who says what after a celebrity passes.

It is especially amusing to hear from celebrities who did not get along with the departed. 

Most of the time, they will keep it generic and simply express their sorrow.

It is really jaw-dropping, though, to hear the revisionist history that is being pedaled by a this female celebrity after the passing of her former costar.

After working as an actress for several years, she joined this well-established show.

The star of the show was this older man who is universally regarded as a very professional, very nice person.

In fact, if you talk to his previous female costar, she has nothing but great things to say about him. That sentiment is very real. The two of them worked together for many years and remained close friends until the very end.

Eventually, that female costar moved on. 

Young Female really, really wanted to replace her. She fawned all over Male Star and pretended to idolize him. It worked. Male Star advocated for Young Female to get the gig. She did.

Then she turned on him.

She was a total snake in the grass! She was kissing up to him directly but behind his back she was whispering to producers that he was getting too old for the job and that the show needed to replace him to attract a younger audience.

Male Star eventually left the show.

He was very upset that he got pushed out of the show. He was never one to create conflict or to publicly hate on anyone, though, so he just moved on and did not make a big deal of it.

Male Star and Young Female did not remain friends after this happened. In fact, they pretty much never spoke again.

Keep in mind what a contrast that is to Male Star’s relationship with his other female former costar.

So, now that Male Star is gone, how is Young Female spinning her relationship with him?

Her publicists are pedaling a story that the real reason the two did not keep in touch is because – are you ready for this? – she was so mad at him for leaving the show!

What?!

That bit of revisionist history is to make it look like she is a wonderful person who adored him and couldn’t imagine being on the show without him.

Who wants to call her out on this?

She will get away with this because he is not here to defend himself. Even if he was, he would be too classy to publicly call her a liar.

Male Star certainly was one class act.

Which is more than we can say for Young Female.

Male Star:

Young Female:

[Optional] What do you think of Young Female

Okay! I give up. Who are they talking about? LOL!!! They might have well just inserted both their names. Too funny!!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

For 6 years, beginning in 1975, when I was a young SAHM I started every morning with Regis. He hosted a 9am show in El Lay with Sarah Purcell for 3 years followed by Cyndy Garvey for 3 years (Dodger first baseman Steve Garvey's wife). My BFF and I scheduled our lives around that show. Room mother? Not until 10:30. Parent-teacher conference? Not until 10:30. Doctor appointment? Not until 10:30. Husband home on a snow day trying for nooky? Before 9:00 or after 10:00. 

Reege moved to the east coast in'81 or '82 and was off my radar for a few years but I was able to watch again when he went national. I enjoyed the Kathie Lee years (although her Frank-worship sometimes grated) and they were a great team. My daughter and I arranged the day off from work for KL's final show and we watched it at her house. I struggled through the early Ripa years but lost interest because of her and finally walked away. The Ripa snark here is always a pleasure. 

Have you noticed that her stammering happens only on this show? Never during her guest appearances elsewhere, never during the red carpet hosting she does? She pulls that stammering shit on her own show to hog air time. The more she stammers the more camera time she gets. Cannot stand the phony hag. Enough bad luck cannot come her way to satisfy me. Pffftt. 

• Love 7

I have to admit I'm a Kelly fan, although I am not blind to her faults, and I certainly don't think she's perfect.  I also can not watch the Covid version of the show, I find it unwatchable.  I tried watching when lockdown began, but I just can't.  I'm also a longtime watcher, a huge Regis fan.  I remember when The Morning Show became Live with Regis and Kathie Lee.  I was saddened by the news of his death.  I have just watched Monday's show.  When Claudia Cohen, longtime member of the Live family, passed away, the producers made a loving, funny clip tribute to her.  It was such a lovely gesture.  What did Regis get?  Remote-filmed remembrances from 3 people with a musical montage.  I was so disappointed.  Luckily, Youtube is full of clip tributes to Reg, I just watched those.  Regis was 88 when he passed away, everyone knew he was going to pass sometime.  Production didn't already have a pre-made video tribute of his best moments with all his co-hosts, his wife and his daughters???  This episode seemed like it was slapped together in 20 minutes by a handful of interns.  And this is all Gelman's fault, Kelly is the hired talent, but Gelman runs the show, and he fucked up big time.  I don't know if I can ever watch this show again.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I have to admit I'm a Kelly fan, although I am not blind to her faults, and I certainly don't think she's perfect.  I also can not watch the Covid version of the show, I find it unwatchable.  I tried watching when lockdown began, but I just can't.  I'm also a longtime watcher, a huge Regis fan.  I remember when The Morning Show became Live with Regis and Kathie Lee.  I was saddened by the news of his death.  I have just watched Monday's show.  When Claudia Cohen, longtime member of the Live family, passed away, the producers made a loving, funny clip tribute to her.  It was such a lovely gesture.  What did Regis get?  Remote-filmed remembrances from 3 people with a musical montage.  I was so disappointed.  Luckily, Youtube is full of clip tributes to Reg, I just watched those.  Regis was 88 when he passed away, everyone knew he was going to pass sometime.  Production didn't already have a pre-made video tribute of his best moments with all his co-hosts, his wife and his daughters???  This episode seemed like it was slapped together in 20 minutes by a handful of interns.  And this is all Gelman's fault, Kelly is the hired talent, but Gelman runs the show, and he fucked up big time.  I don't know if I can ever watch this show again.

^^^^  x 1000  ^^^^  I feel the same way about Kelly & totally agree with everything you said.  Yesterday's show made Mickey Mouse look like King Kong!!!  (I, too, blame Gelman.)

• Love 7

Bravo to all of you for posting such thoughtful and poignant comments about the passing of dear Regis and also for your ability to express your outrage over the way that Kelly has handled it.  I was so saddened by the news of his death on Saturday and I had not one productive thing to add to the conversation here.  I still have nothing.  And I am also disgusted beyond words with Kelly.  So kudos to all of you who are expressing what many more of us  are thinking and feeling!

• Love 9

I feel for Joy. Going by experience, and maybe I shouldn't, I think it adds to the loss a bit when a loved just slips away even when they are elderly. It's a blessing for them but you are perhaps less prepared. 

Live every day like it's the last one, say everything you want to say because you never know. Maybe they did that.

• Love 5

Kelly and Mark were on for their typical narcissistic host chat ! Wow Kelly aI am so glad. Thar Kelly was able to pull it together today ! Haha! Maybe she will finally win her Emmy for acting for her performance yesterday! 
Today we got to see “daddy” flex his biceps , live  on tv !  Too bad Ryan was off, he seems to enjoy looking at Mark !  I do like Mark much better than Kelly , but they both are a bit much and it make sense they now have someone making Kardashian  poses in their family ! 

Kelly is so so fake and spoiled .I love that Howard stern called her out for the spoiled brat she was when she took off for days because she was mad about  Michael ! It was online again .  When he said that he and everyone has had management treat them like crap , but you don’t abandon your job. And also said people have to deal with being treated badly every day and show up for work , and they don’t make 20 million a year , I was cheering !

• Love 13
(edited)

Yeah, she went radio silent for a good while and finally emerged carrying a random empowerment book with the title conveniently angled for the paps.

Did baby need daddy to hold her hand today after the blowback? He who was videoed choosing off a teenager at one of their son's games. He's a real sport and she's a feckless wonder. Gah!

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

ABC is running a one hour tribute to Regis tonight

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Bravo to all of you for posting such thoughtful and poignant comments about the passing of dear Regis and also for your ability to express your outrage over the way that Kelly has handled it.  I was so saddened by the news of his death on Saturday and I had not one productive thing to add to the conversation here.  I still have nothing.  And I am also disgusted beyond words with Kelly.  So kudos to all of you who are expressing what many more of us  are thinking and feeling!

I haven't watched much of her 'memories' knowing they haven't talked since the day he left for retirement.  Kathy Lee's sentiments were much more genuine and you could feel the love and sadness of losing such a good friend for soooooooo many years.  Kelly i think saw Regis as another one of her kids.  Always correcting him and reminding him of stuff.  I haven't watched many shows since they went on remote also.  That first week done it in. Nope.

• Love 4
On 7/27/2020 at 12:41 PM, sugarbaker design said:

I know you meant Gelman, DuckyinKy, but the visual of Regis's car service and German waiting is very funny!  😉

Hah! That's a funny one 🤣

• Love 1
On 7/27/2020 at 12:32 PM, ButterQueen said:

The beginning of an era.  RIP Regis.

Oh that's awesome.  Thanks for posting.  How young everyone looks!  Even the guests.  The swanky graphics haha. It was a hit in the making!  Sigh.  It really is the end of an era.  R.I.P. Regis.  I hope you can see and feel all the love coming your way

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I haven't watched much of her 'memories' knowing they haven't talked since the day he left for retirement.  Kathy Lee's sentiments were much more genuine and you could feel the love and sadness of losing such a good friend for soooooooo many years.  Kelly i think saw Regis as another one of her kids.  Always correcting him and reminding him of stuff.  I haven't watched many shows since they went on remote also.  That first week done it in. Nope.

Kelly saw Regis as an opportunity she could use and toss our when he was no longer needed . She’s doing the same with Ryan now so she can use him since he has connections beyond the show , and her kids  can also use “uncle ry ry” too !   
She used to paw at Regis and almost sit in his lap and kiss his ass until he was no longer useful .

Only difference Ryan is not Regis , he’s screwed and Kelly will not be able to take advantage of him, which is why I think Disney picked him over some other less experienced future victim of her bullshit ! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

ABC is running a one hour tribute to Regis tonight

Found it. A special edition of 20/20 called Regis Philbin: The Morning Maestro.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, marmalade said:

She’s doing the same with Ryan now so she can use him since he has connections beyond the show , and her kids  can also use “uncle ry ry” too !   

Hasn't he offered the use of his house to her son?

I have never understood why Ryan wanted to do the show to begin with.  

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Mark was co-hosting today. He seems like a nice guy. He looked very nautical in his blue shirt & white pants. Very Hamptons like. 

And not a single word from Mark today. Not a memory to share? 

It wasn’t until Chris Meloni brought him up that K&M even mentioned him.

I agree that Gelman didn’t do a a great job with his remembrance video (I’ll chalk some of that up to the fact that they are not in the studio and maybe nobody is so to have access to what they need was potentially difficult). Also the Rent song? Counting his hours on tv as opposed to a sentimental song?? I found it odd.

• Love 3

8 minutes ago, justduckey said:

I agree that Gelman didn’t do a a great job with his remembrance video (I’ll chalk some of that up to the fact that they are not in the studio and maybe nobody is so to have access to what they need was potentially difficult). Also the Rent song? Counting his hours on tv as opposed to a sentimental song?? I found it odd.

It should have been a Dean Martin song.

And instead of a montage, they should have included key segments with audio, like when Kathie Lee first arrived in her runners.

Surely Gelman  could have been prepared to do a proper homage.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, justduckey said:

And not a single word from Mark today. Not a memory to share? 

It wasn’t until Chris Meloni brought him up that K&M even mentioned him.

I will say I thought he would have said something but I’m sure he didn’t get his orders to do so. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Hasn't he offered the use of his house to her son?

I have never understood why Ryan wanted to do the show to begin with.  

I think Ryan signed a contract with ABC/Disney for multiple  shows . He does Dick Clark’s Nee Years Eve, Idol, and Live. I am sure he probably has a development deal for future shows.

Kelly can kiss Ryan’s ass all she wants , but he doesn’t give a shit if she likes him or not . He is not Regis who trusted Kelly,  which allowed her to use him and help push him out. He is not inexperienced Michael . He’s a mogul and he doesn’t give a shit if her kids call him “uncle ry ry” or not. He is as fake as Kelly and will toss her our like he does his girlfriends when he is tired of them !  Only difference is , Ryan actually is good at his job and has skills . Kelly is awful and it’s evident when she has no production .

Kelly’s public trashing of Disney during the Michael situation caused them to hire someone above her experience and importance level and make him an executive producer!  
It will be enjoyable to watch the anorexic, fake, mean , opportunistic twit get exactly what she has put out all these years when Disney puts her out to pasture and Ryan doesn’t care .  

The bullshit about being glad that Mark and the kids were around when she heard  about  Regis is so nauseating .  Sadly , Mark has turned into an entitled ass just like Kelly.  Neither is them give a shit about Regis and seemed to be relieved that they would be their superficial selves and pretend Regis never existed during the show yesterday!

• Love 9
23 hours ago, bannana said:

Surely Gelman  could have been prepared to do a proper homage.

It has long been a best practice for newspapers and TV news divisions to prepare obituaries for important aged folks, like Regis.  Then, when the time comes, they can make a few edits/adds and are ready to go with a meaningful obit/memorium.  

Gelman absolutely spit the bit by failing to do this.  He made a conscious choice.  Among other considerations he gave into are the annoying/angering expressions sure to come from Kelly if she ever discovered that he was using show resources to do this.  He chose...poorly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

It has long been a best practice for newspapers and TV news divisions to prepare obituaries for important aged folks, like Regis.  Then, when the time comes, they can make a few edits/adds and are ready to go with a meaningful obit/memorium.  

Gelman absolutely spit the bit by failing to do this.  He made a conscious choice.  Among other considerations he gave into are the annoying/angering expressions sure to come from Kelly if she ever discovered that he was using show resources to do this.  He chose...poorly.

What a remarkable analogy ... haven't heard that for a long time!!!

• Love 2

I stopped watching Live with Kelly and whomever a long time ago.  I actually did like Michael Strahan with Kelly, I thought it brought a new dynamic.  I also liked that Regis was a Strahan fan.

Then Kelly had the bizarre and completely humiliating break down in public, because wah wah wah, her co-host announced he was moving on.  What, is she five years old?

When she first joined Regis I had high hopes.  Anyone remember that weird sexual thing she did with him, rubbing his back, calling him her big man or some such nonsense?  Regis hated it.

Kelly never knew how to learn from a mentor and a pro.  She is still completely incompetent.  At the beginning, she did well because she is quick and she is clever.  But ummming your way through decades is not a good thing.

She just never learned how to be a pro.  Yet she is the lead on this show.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

That is done for "names" of all ages. I read a (considering the subject) very cool article about an obit writer who had reached retirement age. He spent his entire career writing obits at one of the big papers, I forget which one. The digital age has made it a snap but in the olden days ensuring that the obits in the filing cabinets stayed current was an ordeal. He said the young and busy names, and career criminals and politicians, required more of his time than the olds with most of their accomplishments behind them. The EGOT seasons kept him busy because he had to log nominees as well as winners. People with music careers and those who got married and divorced a lot also kept him on his toes. It's a pretty cool specialty, when you think about it. 

• Useful 4
(edited)

I saw an interesting article last night from OK! magazine that said Kelly was NOT invited to Regis' funeral.  The family did not extend the invite to her I guess based on her behavior after Regis left Live!  There is also info circulating that Reege reached out to her very recently and she ignored his calls.

I know it's only speculation, but I can believe all of it.  Someone said of her that once she thinks you've done her wrong, she'd done with you, forever!

And yes, remembering the "Big Daddy" era of Kelly and her sexual innuendos with Regis.....just awful!!

She's still awful at her job, stammering and stuttering and ummmming her way through every day.

Editing to add just tuned in to see Kellmeeee stammer and stutter her way through announcing Friday's tribute to Regis.  OMG, I thought she was going to choke on her words!!  Without Ryan there to fill in her blanks, she's pitiful!

Edited by finnzup
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Word!

6 hours ago, finnzup said:

I saw an interesting article last night from OK! magazine that said Kelly was NOT invited to Regis' funeral. 

You know it must be true if OK! magazine says so.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, finnzup said:

I saw an interesting article last night from OK! magazine that said Kelly was NOT invited to Regis' funeral.  The family did not extend the invite to her I guess based on her behavior after Regis left Live!  There is also info circulating that Reege reached out to her very recently and she ignored his calls.

I know it's only speculation, but I can believe all of it.  Someone said of her that once she thinks you've done her wrong, she'd done with you, forever!

And yes, remembering the "Big Daddy" era of Kelly and her sexual innuendos with Regis.....just awful!!

She's still awful at her job, stammering and stuttering and ummmming her way through every day.

Editing to add just tuned in to see Kellmeeee stammer and stutter her way through announcing Friday's tribute to Regis.  OMG, I thought she was going to choke on her words!!  Without Ryan there to fill in her blanks, she's pitiful!

I think OK magazine takes some truth and exaggerates it, but I can see this as being possible.

I doubt Regis’s family would invite her to anything .   He seemed hurt and confused as to why she didn’t speak to him in interviews . I do think she really wanted him out . I remember her mocking him and treating him like crap on the air once he close to leaving and she thought she could have the show to herself.  
She was nasty !  The best part is that she now can barely get her words out and she’s at least 20 years younger than Regis when he retired !

Then she insulted Michael on the air about his divorces and mocked him when she came back from her tantrum about him leaving . Heaven forbid he gave it back to her . She would have been the poor blonde , white girl being victimized by the mean black guy ! So he had to stay classy and say nothing .

i notice that she and “baby daddy” (gag), who had to put in their 2 seconds of sad face when  announcing the prerecord tribute to Regis rhar will be airing tomorrow ! 

It was funny when Kelly said Albert was her twin, and Ryan said something like” I thought I was your twin brother “.  lol.  Then she made up some stupid bullshit about them being different because she is Italian .   Ryan has to know she is a fake by now and will flatter anyone who can help her and now her kids’ careers !   

• Love 6
(edited)

Weird question. Do people actually get invited to funerals? Is that a celebrity thing? I’ve gone to viewings and funerals without even receiving an invite. You go and pay your respects to the family and move on. Maybe, I’m weird that way. 

Edit to add. I guess you could be disinvited or told not to come per the family wishes. Burn. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
(edited)

Funerals and viewings indeed can be invitation only, there are a lot of variables. The deceased's station in life, are hordes of onlookers expected? The size of the venue, how many other funerals are scheduled. Parking is always an issue, people gotta move along to make room for the next set of mourners. Fans of public figures often see funerals as golden opportunities to rubber neck. In the southwestern states large-attendance funerals were sometimes called goat-ropings behind the scenes: large venues with no empty seats and lots of reporters. 

When Marilyn Monroe died the LAPD and private security kept fans and reporters far away and ex-husband Joe DiMaggio banned all of her Hollywood friends from attending. (He had red roses places in her crypt vase three times a week for 20 years). Only those closest in life were invited: a half-sister, one set of foster parents, her housekeeper, lawyer, publicist, psychiatrist, Lee and Paula Strasberg from the Actors Studio, longtime make-up, hair and costume people, about 30 altogether.

The main thing is that the wishes of the family are respected and even in the smallest towns funeral directors are experienced in recognizing how to do that. Feuding family members assigned to separate cars, assigned seating, etc. 

I guess in a few days we'll know whether Kelly is dis-invited. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 2