Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 1/26/2020 at 9:16 AM, snowydaze said:

The screaming audience is super annoying ! The categories are ridiculous too ! Just a way to waste time so the two hosts can have another vacation day when they just got back two weeks ago from a break !

i noticed Kelly huffing and puffing and Ryan was not out of breath . For someone who does as much cardio as Kelly that is surprising ! I see Ellen dance through her whole audience and she doesn’t  seem out of breath like that . Then again , just because you starve yourself to a skeleton of  90 something lbs , it doesn’t mean you’re in great shape . I think moderation is healthy  Kelly is a bag of bones who is extreme and afraid of food . .

I think its becz her dresses are so tight.  She often says that just sitting in her chair

22 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Kelly's pathetic reaction to Kobe Bryant's passing was gut-wrenching, to say the least!!!

I actually understood what she was saying. You hear about the accident and you are taken back. But then you hear about his daughter being with him and honestly I think she was correct - as a parent your mind shuts down and you can't think in those terms. 

I am surprised they mentioned it at the beginning of host chat - usually they save those things for just before the break. 

Also, Kelly has mentioned several times that she stopped drinking. I don't remember but was alcohol a problem for her? Or did she just give it up for health benefits?

Edited by DuckyinKy
ETA: a thought I forgot
  • Love 2
On 1/27/2020 at 11:47 AM, DuckyinKy said:

So are we just never going to hear from Tony Pigg ever again?

On 1/27/2020 at 5:40 PM, goldenpuppy said:

I believe they said he retired.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:43 PM, sugarbaker design said:

Hope he's okay, I remember him from his radio DJ days.

Here's a recent pic of him (1/7/2020) from his wife's IG account. To me he has that look on his face of someone who might not be ok health wise. It reminds me of when close family members looked like when they were that way. Hopefully I'm just reading to much into it.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

And, Ryan so obvious today laying it real thick how kind & generous Kelly is and the show is a family after the Strahan interview. Too funny! I will give Kelly a little credit by throwing in the funny line, “Truth be told they (Gelman & the staff) were already there when she (Kelly) got there”. Me thinks Ryan was trying to do damage control for Kelly, her image & the show. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

And, Ryan so obvious today laying it real thick how kind & generous Kelly is and the show is a family after the Strahan interview. Too funny! I will give Kelly a little credit by throwing in the funny line, “Truth be told they (Gelman & the staff) were already there when she (Kelly) got there”. Me thinks Ryan was trying to do damage control for Kelly, her image & the show. 

I hate when both Kelly and Ryan lay it on thick about how awesome the other is. It probably did have something to do with the Strahan interview, though I did not think Strahan said anything too terrible. I might be biased though because I am not a fan of Kelly or Strahan. I do not know why they bother with damage control in these situations because I would imagine that most of the fans of the show would tune in regardless, unless it was something extremely terrible. I just roll my eyes when Kelly or Ryan lays it on thick with how the other person is so amazing. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I hate when both Kelly and Ryan lay it on thick about how awesome the other is. It probably did have something to do with the Strahan interview, though I did not think Strahan said anything too terrible. I might be biased though because I am not a fan of Kelly or Strahan. I do not know why they bother with damage control in these situations because I would imagine that most of the fans of the show would tune in regardless, unless it was something extremely terrible. I just roll my eyes when Kelly or Ryan lays it on thick with how the other person is so amazing. 

Yeah.  It annoys me when they do it on the View,  and gets maudlin here too

Edited by Tammee
speling counts lol (tense does too sigh)
  • Love 2

I have not watched Kelly/Ryan in awhile, but tuned in to the After Oscars show, I used to enjoy seeing actual Oscar winners on stage with their statues, but now they don't seem to have any winners live, just clips of who Kelly talked to last night.  And goodness, Kelly is So scrawny!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I have not watched Kelly/Ryan in awhile, but tuned in to the After Oscars show, I used to enjoy seeing actual Oscar winners on stage with their statues, but now they don't seem to have any winners live, just clips of who Kelly talked to last night.  And goodness, Kelly is So scrawny!

I did not watch because the same thing happened during some of the previous years. I doubt a lot of the more popular winners care to stop by the show after a long night of celebration. I cannot see Joaquin Phoenix, Brad Pitt, or Bong Joon Ho appearing on the show in the morning. I do not know why they do the After Oscars show anymore if they cannot actually get any winners. They could show clips of Kelly talking to people backstage during their regular show. I find Kelly is so annoying in those backstage clips.

• Love 2

I enjoyed most of the after Oscars show.  I liked that they inserted themselves into clips from the movies as it reminded me of when Billy Crystal would host the Oscars.  I also liked the clips of various Oscar winners stopping by and talking to Kelly after they received their awards.  Loved Kelly in her purple dress.

• Love 2

Haven't watched in a long time.  Saw the Oscar show, Kelly and her over-the-top sillinesss in the clips was so bad.  And what on earth has she done to her face?  Whatever injections or fillers combined with make-up aged her tremendously, imo, and the facial contortions she's so fond of making added to my 'wth happened to her?' reaction.  And her voice?! When did it get so deep? lol

I also noted Ryan has taken over the lead role--in everything--and when she's droning on with one of her stories the look on his face as he's staring at her says it all.

Laughing all the way to the bank, both of them.

Edited by finnzup
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Brookside said:

Unfortunately this god awful show was on when I  turned on the TV this morning and I couldn't get to the remote fast enough so had to hear Kelly Ripa boast about having four c-sections.

She has three children, so certainly a crazy mystery!!

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

She has three children, so certainly a crazy mystery!!

I fully accept joint craziness responsibility, since my attention was already divided between finding the remote and being irritated by her idiotic comment!  I just hope my craziness is not as certifiable as hers.

• LOL 6

Kelly’s weird speech about being thankful was irritating ! The stammering and halting speech to say how lucky she is, was obnoxious .

Overall I like Live compared to other annoying morning talk shows . They don’t take themselves too seriously, not a lot of “deep thoughts”, and crying or babbling about their philosophies of everything  like Hoda and Jenna oe the others .

But, the gushing between Ryan and Kelly is nauseating and so fake ! Never once before Ryan was chosen did I ever hear Kelly talk about how close they were , even when he cohosted or was a guest ! Now it’s like they are in some deep , connected relationship !

Also, the “daddy” talk about Mark as if he’s some Adonis when he’s ok looking , very short and nothing out of the ordinary is hilarious , as was the gushing about her daughter’s singing  when it’s nothing special ! 

Tonight Kelly posted a video of “daddy” working out with oiled up abs !  Talk about nauseating ! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 2/26/2020 at 7:32 PM, goldenpuppy said:

Kelly’s weird speech about being thankful was irritating ! The stammering and halting speech to say how lucky she is, was obnoxious .

Overall I like Live compared to other annoying morning talk shows . They don’t take themselves too seriously, not a lot of “deep thoughts”, and crying or babbling about their philosophies of everything  like Hoda and Jenna oe the others .

But, the gushing between Ryan and Kelly is nauseating and so fake ! Never once before Ryan was chosen did I ever hear Kelly talk about how close they were , even when he cohosted or was a guest ! Now it’s like they are in some deep , connected relationship !

Also, the “daddy” talk about Mark as if he’s some Adonis when he’s ok looking , very short and nothing out of the ordinary is hilarious , as was the gushing about her daughter’s singing  when it’s nothing special ! 

Tonight Kelly posted a video of “daddy” working out with oiled up abs !  Talk about nauseating ! 

Well, if Ryan doesn’t kiss Kelly’s skeletal butt he will be in Kelly’s ever growing enemy list ! 

Kelly and Mark seem like good parents in many ways , but they also have a major entitled and superior attitude.  

When mini Mark wanted to go after a kid who was wrestling his son, that was cringeworthy! Not to mention that the kid was a bout a food taller than Mark !

Lola’s voice would never be good enough for Broadway , unless her connections get her in the door!  And Michael will also be getting a lot of help to be a filmmaker !  

The gushing over Mark and seeing Ryan gushing over him is super weird , but I’m sure he has to keep on Kelly’s good side !

I’ll never forget when Kelly lost the high heel race to some ordinary woman who ran to the subway for work every day , and Markie had to challenge the woman so that his rich,  spoiled and privileged wife didn’t really lose ? And he could have the trophy to boost his short man ego and put in their multimillion dollar penthouse !

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 4
On 3/11/2020 at 10:29 AM, falltime said:

Did Kelly take on another job? Yesterday and today she mentioned being busy.

No audience today.

Oh maybe she was more busy is because they were prerecorded episodes.

Today they showed a new prerecorded episode with an audience. I think it was new, I don't watch everyday.

Edited by falltime
Autocorrect got me

Kelly may be busy because she and Ryan scored a pilot order for a comedy called Work Wife inspired by their partnership. Yeah, I rolled my eyes as well. 

I guess Kelly posted a series of videos on Instagram getting botox? I do not follow her so I do not know how accurate this is, but I guess she was joking about the coronavirus. I am sure others that follow her know more than I do.

Other talk shows have been live today, there really isn't any reason why Kelly & Ryan can't be, too. Just showing reruns is going to tank the show. People tune in for a live talk show, not reruns or a sitcom based on their life. I assure you their life in fascinating to them, not us. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DuckyinKy said:

Other talk shows have been live today, there really isn't any reason why Kelly & Ryan can't be, too. Just showing reruns is going to tank the show. People tune in for a live talk show, not reruns or a sitcom based on their life. I assure you their life in fascinating to them, not us. 

The View is one of the only daytime talk shows that I know of that are still live. The Real has new episodes they are airing that were taped before a previously planned hiatus which Kelly & Ryan seem to have banked episodes too. These are other daytime shows that have halted production and they will all suffer in the ratings department too due to this situation. I don't think ratings are a top priority right now anyway unless you were being sarcastic.

Dr. Phil

The Ellen DeGeneres Show

The Kelly Clarkson Show

The Mel Robbins Show

Tamron Hall

The Wendy Williams Show

Home & Family

The Real 

The Talk

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Jaded said:

The View is one of the only daytime talk shows that I know of that are still live. The Real has new episodes they are airing that were taped before a previously planned hiatus which Kelly & Ryan seem to have banked episodes too. These are other daytime shows that have halted production and they will all suffer in the ratings department too due to this situation. I don't think ratings are a top priority right now anyway unless you were being sarcastic.

Dr. Phil

The Ellen DeGeneres Show

The Kelly Clarkson Show

The Mel Robbins Show

Tamron Hall

The Wendy Williams Show

Home & Family

The Real 

The Talk

My bad. Duly noted. 

If anyone ever wonder or doubted that Kelly starved herself and has major issues when it comes to her body and looks , here is the daily plan to keep her size 00:

Morning Rituals:

"I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do is, I take a glass of water and I have something called Get Off Your Acid Daily Greens, which is—spirulina, spinach, kale—all ground into a powder that you mix into water. It is for [alkalizing] your digestive system."

Pre-Breakfast:

"Then I have a large coffee with ghee. I blend it in the Bullet. And while I'm having my ghee, I have my Persona morning supplements, which is my foundational vitamin, my multivitamin, ginger and my probiotic. That's phase one."

Breakfast After filming Live With Kelly and Ryan:

"I don't have any sort of chewing food before I talk on the air. When we're finished, what I'll have is a green apple cut up. Then I take two tbsp of almond butter and a tsp of cinnamon... I blend it all together and I put the apples in there. And I eat that like a porridge, if you will. That is my first chewable food of the day."

Exercise Sesh:

"I work out seven days a week. My body wants to work out when I'm at work. Most people that write into our show or DM us, will always say, 'Oh, I watch your show when I'm on the treadmill at the gym.' And I think to myself, 'Yes, that makes sense. Because... I will watch the show and work out at the gym.'"

ABC

Brunch:

"I eat lunch at such a weird hour, it's really a breakfast-lunch. I have a big salad of microgreens with avocado and toasted nuts on top. Sometimes I have pine nuts, sometimes pumpkin seeds, sometimes I have walnuts, sometimes I have cashews. The avocado toast kick of 2015 into 2017, was two years where avocado toast was pretty much the foundation of my diet. And I had it with just about every meal. Sometimes I would fry an egg and add that on top. Sometimes a piece of cheese would accompany the avocado toast. But the avocado toast was a real staple of my diet."

Dinner:

I have usually a smaller version of the same salad that I had for lunch. And then I have either mixed grilled greens or whatever's in season. I try to eat whatever is in season, in terms of vegetables. Then I have usually some plant protein mixed in there, like a grilled tofu, sometimes I'll have fried tofu, sometimes I have some sort of tahini."

First of all , why would anyone want to look like a walking Botoxed  skeleton ?  Second , an entertainment site promoting this eating disorder is irresponsible.   

I always thought she had an eating disorder from eay bqck when she was on All My Children , after she had Michael she wasted away , and even said in an interview that she was too think to get pregnant again , and had to gain weight!

Now as she gets older it seems like she’s getting more freaked out and talks about botox  not stop and has made her diet so ridiculous she probably eats about 300 calories a day , along with hours of exercise every day ! 

Kelly defiantly can annoy me, but she and Mark definitely deserve praise for donating to a very worthwhile cause . 

My friend’s daughter is PA in a large hospital and she fold her mom they now have to use one ventilator for two patients because there is a severe shortage , and it’s only getting worse .   

• Love 5

Kelly & Ryan did the show from their homes. It wasn’t a bad show. Ryan did his part from his kitchen with his GF as a guest. Kelly did her part from some nondescript room in her house with Mark as a guest. I was really disappointed in Kelly’s space. Girlfriend makes 20 million a year and her space looked like my laundry room in my $150,000 townhouse. She had the window covered with paper or a paper blind and had a little pillow as a backdrop. I know us humans have rooms like this but this is Kelly Freakin Ripa. I expect and deserve more as a viewer. LOL!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I totally agree about Kellmeee's remote location.  Are you kidding me?!??  It looked like she was in a broom closet, the window was covered with cheap easel paper and she placed a few strategic books next to her....it was all so fake and phony. 

Ryan was in his kitchen, dressed in casual sweats, the kitchen looked lived in and here's Kellmeee in a tiny closet (forgot what she called the room) giving her pearls of wisdom in these trying times.

Don't know why the secrecy with her home, she posts on insta, etc. unless she's in Hamptoms or another one of her homes and doesn't want it shown?

Then today's show was more of the same, Kellmeeee looking at herself in her screen, Ryan looking straight at the camera, no need to check himself out, and then we get the prima ballerina segment.  OMG, we know you workout Kellmeeeeee, we know that's all you do.....this show is so awful.

And btw, Kels face is so full of botox, imo, her once cute face is morphing into a very unattractive look.  With Madge as her idol, shes not too far off the mark.

Disclaimer, only saw first few minutes, most with sound off then clicked on to see a minute of the ballet segment.  What I saw was awful, lol.

Edited by finnzup
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, finnzup said:

I totally agree about Kellmeee's remote location.  Are you kidding me?!??  It looked like she was in a broom closet, the window was covered with cheap easel paper and she placed a few strategic books next to her....it was all so fake and phony. 

Ryan was in his kitchen, dressed in casual sweats, the kitchen looked lived in and here's Kellmeee in a tiny closet (forgot what she called the room) giving her pearls of wisdom in these trying times.

Don't know why the secrecy with her home, she posts on insta, etc. unless she's in Hamptoms or another one of her homes and doesn't want it shown?

Then today's show was more of the same, Kellmeeee looking at herself in her screen, Ryan looking straight at the camera, no need to check himself out, and then we get the prima ballerina segment.  OMG, we know you workout Kellmeeeeee, we know that's all you do.....this show is so awful.

And btw, Kels face is so full of botox, imo, her once cute face is morphing into a very unattractive look.  With Madge as her idol, shes not too far off the mark.

Disclaimer, only saw first few minutes, most with sound off then clicked on to see a minute of the ballet segment.  What I saw was awful, lol.

I had that thought too that they were at the Hamptons house and didn’t want to say so. Which is odd because Ryan mentioned he was at his LA house. Why the secrecy? We know they’re loaded. That said, Kelly has the kids and Ryan doesn’t. I just think it’s funny if she’s in her 3 story brownstone that she has to resort a storage closet to Skype.
I also saw Savannah Guthrie in her house doing Today. She has a get up in her basement with a big screen tv as her background and styrofoam on the ceilings for sound proofing that her husband put up.  

• Love 1

Even video-from-home they are pre-recorded on Friday! Why does that crack me up? 

Kelly said she is in a storage closet but didn't specify what location. I do have to crack up when she talks about her internet connection. When this self-isolating started, my daughter and her husband just moved across the street from us and without counting her family of 5, we were a family of 7. We are all online with devices and gamers - not one bit of interference. I was glad to see Live back. With our grocery shelves being so bare I was beginning to feel as if I was at the end of the world. I need routine and normalcy.

• Love 3

Kelly is out of the storage closet & is now in a nicer part of the house. Lots of whites & nice furniture. She also dressed up a little more, too. She & the house looked good. Bravo!

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, falltime said:

911, I'd like to report a crime.

That mustache is no no, Mark.

Yeah, it was more of an old man mustache and not young guy with scruff mustache. I guess he’s figures he'd grow it now while he can. Since he probably wouldn’t be able to keep it for his Riverdale show. I’ll give him a pass during this quarantine time.

As much, as I think Kelly has gotten too extra I do like when she & Mark host. I know they’re married but they get along so well and make each other laugh. I always think Kelly is making things up but then Mark confirms the stories and knows exactly what she’s talking about. And, Kelly is so right that Ryan will want to copy Mark’s mustache look. It’s kind of weird and something else that Ryan wants to dress like Mark and guys exactly the same stuff as him.  Ryan has a hot girlfriend and it’s like he would rather be with Mark. Whatever. 

• Love 2

I agree, that mustache is unfortunate. I do love it when they host together though. 

Also, I have no idea why but it drives me nuts when they have a previously recorded episode in the middle of the week. This is the second time it's happened on a Tuesday. Wonder why? On Friday they are just rolling an old show. 

46 minutes ago, DuckyinKy said:

Also, I have no idea why but it drives me nuts when they have a previously recorded episode in the middle of the week.

How dare they have a previously recorded episode in the middle of a global pandemic!  It's very inconsiderate!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Apparently Kelly and Mark made headlines after sharing what spices up their sex life! 
🤮

Then a blind Item came up about a morning talk show host who liked to brag about having sex all the time with her husband, but they haven’t had sex in a while.

I actually couldn’t care less if they do or do not have sex , but I don’t need to hear details about anyone’s sex lives !   

It also seems like the peope who brag and talk about their sexual lives all the time, are the ones not doing it ! 

• Love 3
On 4/21/2020 at 2:01 PM, sugarbaker design said:

How dare they have a previously recorded episode in the middle of a global pandemic!  It's very inconsiderate!

Nope, didn't mean that at all. I am in the middle of this global pandemic with eleven family members in our home so as the mom I have to focus on the little things ( like why Tuesday is prerecorded) so we all come out of the quarantine safe and I don't snap. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, DuckyinKy said:

Nope, didn't mean that at all. I am in the middle of this global pandemic with eleven family members in our home so as the mom I have to focus on the little things ( like why Tuesday is prerecorded) so we all come out of the quarantine safe and I don't snap. 

I should've know better DUCKYINKY.  You're one of the 5% of posters in this thread that haven't got the ignore button from me.  Focus away and please don't snap!  🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don't usually watch, but being at home instead of at work my son enjoys the lightness of the show, as opposed to hard, depressing news.  I remember Kelly and Mark from All my Children days.  She went through a wild child phase, and snuck out to go to a "Metalunica" concert, LMAO.  I miss my old soap opera watching, escapism at it's finest.  

I had wondered if Kelly used a smallish space in her house for doing the show from because of her family being there.  When I have zoom meetings, I go to my bedroom and shut the door, because my family is using the rest of the house, as they should since we can't leave it.  Maybe it's a consideration thing, like that.  

Kelly mentioned one day last week that her family is eating tons of cereal.  I wonder if she is, too.  Probably not because she doesn't look like she's gained an ounce.  Unlike me who has gained a good 15 lbs. so far.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I would think that the 4 adults in the house could respect the fact that Mom needs 60 minutes or so to do her job....

LOL!!! Imagine a Mom in today's world asking her children's to give her 4 hours a week to do her job. Oh, the pain and agony to spare her for a whole 4 hours a week.

• LOL 4