Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I think I’m the only one who watches this show anymore. Actually, pretty much just Host Chat. Anyway, Kelly got back today after being sick a few days last week. She said she just happen to be put in a private room. Oh, pleassssse! Rich people problems. The last time I was at the hospital visiting there were two people in the room and it was the size of a closet. It must be nice to have loads of money and good insurance to Rangel up a private room. Oddly enough, I always used to think it was funny that on the soaps the person was always in a private room. There never seems to be a cranky patient in the next bed. LOL!!!

CB887C4C-CA7A-4030-B00B-8FB08D570DBB.jpeg

D3A120F5-F3A1-44E3-96B7-0DA75AD543E3.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I think I’m the only one who watches this show anymore. Actually, pretty much just Host Chat. Anyway, Kelly got back today after being sick a few days last week. She said she just happen to be put in a private room. Oh, pleassssse! Rich people problems. The last time I was at the hospital visiting there were two people in the room and it was the size of a closet. It must be nice to have loads of money and good insurance to Rangel up a private room. Oddly enough, I always used to think it was funny that on the soaps the person was always in a private room. There never seems to be a cranky patient in the next bed. LOL!!!

CB887C4C-CA7A-4030-B00B-8FB08D570DBB.jpeg

D3A120F5-F3A1-44E3-96B7-0DA75AD543E3.jpeg

Around here most hospitals are private rooms.   Place we moved from all hospitals were private rooms. Probably wherever she was had all private rooms too 

3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Around here most hospitals are private rooms.   Place we moved from all hospitals were private rooms. Probably wherever she was had all private rooms too 

I stand corrected. I guess in the suburbs of Philadelphia it’s a little different. That said, I have no problem with a private room. I gladly take one. 

1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I still DVR it everyday, if there's a good guest I'll watch, I've given up on host chat, too boring.  I can't watch two middle age people terrified of carbs and obsessed with SoulCycle.  My big complaint lately are the Z-list guests.

I will say the guest have sort of been B stars. I think there are so many talk shows in LA now that the celebs rather just commute then fly to NYC.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I still DVR it everyday, if there's a good guest I'll watch, I've given up on host chat, too boring.  I can't watch two middle age people terrified of carbs and obsessed with SoulCycle.  My big complaint lately are the Z-list guests.

Yeah thats what i do too.  I did notice this morning that Ryan was doing the VO intro for the guests.  I think he's been doing it for awhile and Im just noticing.  My first thought was...'and so it begins...'

Kelly’s 49th Birthday was such a big deal on the show and her instagram. I can’t imagine what her 50th will be. The show will spend a month countdown to it and Kelly will probably take a week or two off and go on some exotic vacation. Yes. I’m jealous. Basically, she won’t be heading to the jersey shore. LOL!!!! Which is funny because that’s where her parents still live. I do have one question. What do you give a woman who makes over $20 million (Just for the show itself) as a present? She showed her dressing room and it was filled with bags and gifts. 

• Love 3

Kelly is talking about her thighs rubbing together and using a thigh master when she has granny skeleton legs that could never touch because they are skin and bones !

She’s also in a cleanse, so it sounds like she’s just drinking liquids.  She probably is also exercising obsessively while not eating .

It is so obvious that she has a major eating disorder and body image problems .  She looks like a flat piece of wood   with sticks coming out of for extremities !  

Kelly and a Ryan at times are tiring to listen to  about how hot Mark - aka daddy is !  I always wonder when a couple has to keep publicly brag about the sex they have and gush over each other on social media like 15 year olds ! The friends I know who do that usually are trying to prove how wonderful everything is when they have problems.   That along with Kelly’s obsession about her body which seems like it has gotten worse makes me wonder what is really going on with her !  

And spare me Ryan’s sudden reunion with Shayna and the nonsense about him being a millennial!

Kelly and Ryan are two middle aged people trying to appear young . And if blind items are correct, Ryan’s “relationship “ is fake to cover up his real self . 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

That along with Kelly’s obsession about her body which seems like it has gotten worse makes me wonder what is really going on with her !

I have read a few Blinds where Mark is allegedly having affairs while being up in Canada. Once about three came in one week and voila...he mysteriously showed up to surprise Kelly with an impromptu visit. Yeah right Mark. Damage control. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have read a few Blinds where Mark is allegedly having affairs while being up in Canada. Once about three came in one week and voila...he mysteriously showed up to surprise Kelly with an impromptu visit. Yeah right Mark. Damage control. 

It actually sad . It’s obvious the eating issues come out of her need to control things when  other things are out of control , like most with eating disorders..

And the constant worshiping of Mark as some kind Greek god is comical and sickening at the same time !

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Apparently Kelly made some ridiculous attempt at trying to appear ordinary.  She talked bout how her poor college student son is living in extreme poverty !

He had to wait for Halloween money pay his electric bill ! 

Awww , poor thing !  And the weekend her daughter moved out  she brought her friends to the rooftop of Kelly’s multimillion dollar “apartment “, to have a party !

I can not stand when she or her fake  cohost Ryan pretend they are not extremely wealthy . Just like she pretended she was living in darkness without water during Hurricane Sandy, while she and her family were so at a five star hotel !

How does she even dare  use the word poverty for her privileged son who went to private schools that cost more than a private college all of his life ?  

College students who don’t have mommies who make 20 million a year really live in poverty and work multiple jobs and take out loans then can’t pay off for the rest of their lives .

Poor Michael is probably in an apartment that a person with a full time job could afford on NYC:

• Love 5
18 hours ago, marmalade said:

I can not stand when she or her fake  cohost Ryan pretend they are not extremely wealthy . Just like she pretended she was living in darkness without water during Hurricane Sandy, while she and her family were so at a five star hotel !

Kelly has always been less than honest about her lifestyle. I stopped watching several years ago but I remember when she claimed to not like/use any sort of new technology. Said she barely used a cell phone. Said she never went online. She agreed with Regis that it was a passing fad.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

She said gramma sends each kid $20 for Halloween. She wants the little people to swallow that his $20 will keep the lights on. She called those who dared to call bullshit on her anecdote "a pack of fools." She's a nervy fuckin' bitch. She also said she's used to taking a lot of slack from the public. What she should have said was a lot of flak (incoming fire). Who is really the fool here?

Edited by suomi
typo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

I hope she enjoys her lifestyle. I remember when Johnny Carson worked 3 days a week, was seen on expensive locations and yachts and he didn't catch any shit for it. More power to her - she's been married longer than most couples, her kids seem well rounded. She's hosting a talk show in a man's world. I dunno, that means something to me.

• Love 6

I agree with your assessment of Kelly, but not the comparison. If Kelly weren’t good at her job, she wouldn’t have it. She makes money for the company and that’s what most jobs boils down to. Johnny Carson, however, NEVER, came out on his show and talked about his personal life. The only time I remember him speaking of it is when his son died. He kept his private life private, which was easy to do without social media.

• Love 5
On 10/25/2019 at 12:53 AM, suomi said:

She said gramma sends each kid $20 for Halloween. She wants the little people to swallow that his $20 will keep the lights on. She called those who dared to call bullshit on her anecdote "a pack of fools." She's a nervy fuckin' bitch. She also said she's used to taking a lot of slack from the public. What she should have said was a lot of flak (incoming fire). Who is really the fool here?

Riiight Kelly ! We believe $20 was the make it or break it to keep your son’s lights on in NYC! So fake !

I don’t blame her for living well or giving her kids advantages. But the bullsh*t pretending her spoiled kids even know what it really is like to live in poverty when they don’t have to take out student loans and they “work” at  in entertainment that other kids without connected parents would never get !  

I think there is a certain segment Of the daytime mommy audience who really believes that these women on morning news And talk shows are just like them ! So dumb and gullible !

It does seem like Kelly is reverting back to being more annoying , obsessed with her weight and also more more obviously phony!

When Ryan commented on her tanned complexion on Kimmel, Kelly denied using makeup or tanner . When I saw the video it was so obvious that they tanned look all over her body did NOT come from lighting ! And who cares ? Why did she have to lie?

She and Markie also have to always “clap back” at anyone who dares cross them on social media.  So childish ! Speaking of childish, her need to post half naked pics of Mark with “daddy” written on the pictures is like watching two high school kids ! 

Edited by marmalade
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Her unceasing efforts to be seen as "one of us" pays off handsomely - never more so than when Strahan flew the coop and Ryan got gazillions to come aboard.

Ripa is a sharp political creature and she played Disney for all she was worth.  She was a working mom who was being kept down. - she was a VICTIM of corporate machinations.  In the meantime she played the hardest of hardball with her personal "strike."  All non-Disney media played along and Disney knew they were screwed.  So...girl got paaaaaaiiiiiiid!

Tragically, she is unable to enjoy her riches.  

• Love 2

My history with this franchise began with its first incarnation in 1975. (More accurately, with its very earliest incarnation in 1965). I've seen a lot of hosts come and go and almost all of them presented a natural and pleasing persona.

Comparing this one to Johnny Carson is like apples and oranges. She does very well in her niche market which happens to generate beaucoup SAHM advertising  dollars. I'm confident in saying that she would not survive professionally outside of that niche.

She doesn't conduct interviews well, she displays very little intelligence and intellectual curiosity. She is good at commiving and plotting and going for the throat when she thinks she is wronged, I will give her that.

Why can she never resist a snide comeback on social media? She is incredibly thin-skinned for someone who fronts like she is all that. Never rises above, always is the street fighter.

She could not do what Carson did and he would have refused to do what she does.

Way too often she makes the interviews about her and Carson all the time made the interviews about his guests.

The first week Carson had a guest lineup comparable to hers he would've said "I will be playing tennis until this is corrected. You know where to find me." The first week she had a guest lineup comparable to his she would pee down her leg, on stage.

Apples, oranges. Not even close to the same, unless $$$ is the measuring stick. Nothing to be particularly  proud of, in the grand scheme of things.

Karnak the Great, anyone? Hey-o! Just a small example of satire and wit and timely, on-the-money punch lines vs caressing and stroking stick arms while humble bragging about how bad Baby Daddy wanted me last night. Ptooey.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 7

I never said she was as great as Carson, I am saying she has every right to play hardball with the company, enjoy the fact she is winning at the game, and deserves the money. No one says a word when male co-hosts do it. 

And getting back to the show honestly they earned their bank Friday with the Eddie Murphy interview. *Phew* he was a little frustrating.  They had to pull every word out of him. 

Edited by DuckyinKy
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, DuckyinKy said:

I never said she was as great as Carson, I am saying she has every right to play hardball with the company, enjoy the fact she is winning at the game, and deserves the money. No one says a word when male co-hosts do it. 

And getting back to the show honestly they earned their bank Friday with the Eddie Murphy interview. *Phew* he was a little frustrating.  They had to pull every word out of him. 

I noticed that too! He is definitely not a Robin Williams type interview where all you had to say was “Hi Robin, what’s new?” And you were done. He would take it from there. And by all accounts, RW was very quiet when not “on”. Eddie Murphy DID seem a bit excited about hosting SNL and the characters he wanted to revisit. I was surprised he wasn’t going to be more involved with the writing. 

• Love 1

Eddie was also reticent on Stephen Colbert's show.  He doesn't do many interviews.  Kind of like Robert deNiro, IMHO.

But then,  I'm not impressed with Kelly's immature gushing over celebrities.  Like they're saving the world with a new movie or ghost-written book. 

• LOL 1
On 10/30/2019 at 8:56 AM, ByaNose said:

I'm still amazed that Kelly makes 20 million dollars a year for LIVE alone. WTF?

19 Years hosting a show which makes probably close to $500M a year for WABC, the Disney corporation, and a few hundred local affiliates?  

$20M seems pretty fair.

Timing does help too.  She signed her contracts before the implosion in over-the-air TV ratings.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Sure does.  If she plays a considerable part in huge revenues she should be recompensed accordingly.

Good for her!

I will not have you people disagreeing with me. LOL!!! I guess if you do look at from a business standpoint the show makes huge money for Disney. So her pay is probably on par with what a normal person would make in the real world. Granted, it’s obscene money but if you look at from a network perspective it’s normal.....I guess. Can I still be bitter & jealous still? 

• LOL 2

Just a few observations--I've been watching the past few days after a long time away from Live!

TPTB seem to have given all the heavy lifting to Ryan.  There was a time, IIRC, when Kelly did most of the talking, etc. and now it appears that she's relegated to sitting there again like the potted plant she used to be when Reege was there and she first started.

She's back to itching and scratching her arms like she's' got some kind of bugs burrowing into her flesh.  Her nervous tics are so distracting to me, scratching, her leg shaking a mile a minute, and the stuttering and ummm's and ahhh's are just awful. 

I believe it was today she tried to tell a story and the long pauses, the hesitation, the struggling for words were too much to take.  And Ryan just leans into her almost willing the words to come out of her mouth, but they never do!  Omg, she is awful!

I changed channels during one of her black outs and never switched back.

• Love 1

You could tell Ryan was trying SO HARD with that host chat.  I remember when Carrie was on American idol and she had that same zero charisma issue. Which is so odd, since I've seen performances of her on TV where she seems to be super charismatic.

Must be all or nothing with her.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, seasons said:

Carrie Underwood was the guest host today. 💤 poor Ryan.

I kmow!  I actually turned to the local news LOL.  I do love Carrie.  Picked her to win AI right from her audition.  But get some energy girl!  Maybe she was just tired from all going on and the big show.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

I kmow!  I actually turned to the local news LOL.  I do love Carrie.  Picked her to win AI right from her audition.  But get some energy girl!  Maybe she was just tired from all going on and the big show.

I had to bail out too. I was channel surfing and had to check it out. Maybe that job is harder than it looks lol!

• Love 1

Holy shit, the story about evacuating today from Kristin Davis was long and monotonous. The hosts were thinking the same thing when they were trying to throw it to commercial and she announced we hadn't heard the best part. Oh drone on, please. 

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, DuckyinKy said:

Holy shit, the story about evacuating today from Kristin Davis was long and monotonous. The hosts were thinking the same thing when they were trying to throw it to commercial and she announced we hadn't heard the best part. Oh drone on, please. 

Now today's show is a must watch (after seeing Helen Mirren).

Question:  Is Ryan back with his girlfriend?  He mentioned her being at some function last night.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:50 AM, DuckyinKy said:

Aw it did drag a bit, but I am a huge Kristin fan to the point I almost don't care what she's talking about. She's so charming and has a beautiful energy. 

• Love 2