Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I think I remember Kelly saying a while back that her mother didn't like to travel, or even leave her house much.  They offer her parents trips with them and mostly they decline.  They did take her father with them on an Italy trip.  Kelly rarely mentions her sister.  I think that is because the sister doesn't want to be mentioned.  Maybe her mother and sister like to stay out of the limelight. 

Thanks for pointing this out.  

10 hours ago, marymary said:

I think this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually really enjoy Kelly. I think she’s funny and sarcastic, and personally I thoroughly enjoyed the story she and Mark told about Lola walking in on them lol. I love their dynamic; I wouldn’t be sad if Mark was her permanent cohost. 

You aren't the only fan.  Anderson Cooper was supposed to co-host the first half of this week, so they were lucky that Mark was in town and ready to go.  Not sure I would sign up for a full time Ripa-Consuelos hosting gig. 

Regis often co-hosted with his second wife.  I think he even co-hosted with each of his daughters a couple times.  That's the next thing to happen.  Looking forward to Live! with Kelly and Lola !

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, marymary said:

I think this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually really enjoy Kelly. I think she’s funny and sarcastic, and personally I thoroughly enjoyed the story she and Mark told about Lola walking in on them lol. I love their dynamic; I wouldn’t be sad if Mark was her permanent cohost. 

You aren't alone, I'm a fan too.  Not a blind fan, I see her faults, I just don't obsess about it.  I mainly drop in this thread to check out the levels of ridiculous outrage.  The posts about Lola's prom appearance were hysterical.  Did you know Lola had a spray tan?  The horror!  Here in NJ you are legally mandated to get a spray tan before prom.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

You aren't alone, I'm a fan too.  Not a blind fan, I see her faults, I just don't obsess about it.  I mainly drop in this thread to check out the levels of ridiculous outrage.  The posts about Lola's prom appearance were hysterical.  Did you know Lola had a spray tan?  The horror!  Here in NJ you are legally mandated to get a spray tan before prom.

I’m the same. Are there 3 of us?

• Love 1

I think Kelly called Regis “Big Daddy” back in the days when he was a host. Especially in the beginning when she was new and sucking up. (That’s not a dig on her. It’s an observation.) 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think Kelly called Regis “Big Daddy” back in the days when he was a host. Especially in the beginning when she was new and sucking up. (That’s not a dig on her. It’s an observation.) 

You are right.  My bad.  I actually realized that a few hours after I posted.  I got my Daddies mixed up. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I’m the same. Are there 3 of us?

Table for 4 then? I enjoy this show. I always have. And we are super cautious but our kids walked in on us, too. I had to laugh about the "I only see in black and white now" because my son said the very same thing! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I believe it’s noted in the state’s controversial ‘GTL’ law. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2019 at 9:53 PM, ByaNose said:

It’s almost like they’ve worked together before and have been married over 20 years to each other. LOL!!!!,

They did work together for years on All My Children, where they met. Their characters were married. Kelly did double duty on AMC and with Regis for the first year or two, but eventually both she and Mark left the soap.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, catlover79 said:

They did work together for years on All My Children, where they met. Their characters were married. Kelly did double duty on AMC and with Regis for the first year or two, but eventually both she and Mark left the soap.

I know. I was joking. I’ve watched Kelly before that when she was on Dancin on Air when she was high school. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 4:40 PM, marymary said:

I would say I am indifferent to Kelly. Sometimes I like her and sometimes I do not. I have been growing tired of her using the same anecdotes over and over. She can ditch the holding her hands together when she does her British accent any time now. I also, got sick of her constantly gushing over Ryan, but I think that has eased up some. I thought the Lola walking in on her and Mark was funny. If that happened to me, my parents would find it hysterical and not be outraged by it all. I do not think she is a narcissist, but I tend to think that word gets thrown around too much.

I am pretty indifferent to Ryan as well. I do think he tries to do his homework on the guests. Though I do hate when he uses the word literally when he actually means figuratively, but that is my pet peeve.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

Kelly has family are on another vacation ! I guess working four days a week for over a month was exhausting, so it’s vacation #5 for the year at least !

it looks like Lola took her boyfriend along . They must be very serious . She just seems so young to be that serious. I wonder if they make the boyfriend sleep with the boys !

Kelly’s granny legs are scary ! She is now not just s skeleton, but an old skeleton! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Popcorn22 said:

Kelly has family are on another vacation ! I guess working four days a week for over a month was exhausting, so it’s vacation #5 for the year at least !

it looks like Lola took her boyfriend along . They must be very serious . She just seems so young to be that serious. I wonder if they make the boyfriend sleep with the boys !

Kelly’s granny legs are scary ! She is now not just s skeleton, but an old skeleton! 

I don’t care if she takes vacations as long as I don’t have to pay for them. Sometimes if a young person has a boy or girlfriend the best thing the parents can do it embrace the friend. Plus you can keep a better eye on them. I’m pretty sure they have the sleeping arrangements worked out. They seem like strict enough parents. 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Popcorn22 said:

And more power to her.  Johnny Carson worked three days a week and had over 20 weeks of vacation in his final few years.  She negotiated her deal and the ABC suits agreed to it.  I didn't read about a hostage situation in NYC when the agreement was forced onto ABC syndication.

I'm running over to the Ellen forum to see all the misogynistic comments there.  After all, she takes THE ENTIRE SUMMER off. 

What are these 21st century women thinking !!! (/sarcasm)

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

And more power to her.  Johnny Carson worked three days a week and had over 20 weeks of vacation in his final few years.  She negotiated her deal and the ABC suits agreed to it.  I didn't read about a hostage situation in NYC when the agreement was forced onto ABC syndication.

I'm running over to the Ellen forum to see all the misogynistic comments there.  After all, she takes THE ENTIRE SUMMER off. 

What are these 21st century women thinking !!! (/sarcasm)

I’m not singling out Kelly! I personally think it’s ridiculous that celebrities and sports figures make the money for working so little, and doing things that add nothing real to society, but then again, that is how the system works!

i would take the vacations too, but it is funny to see how little they all work ! 

• Love 1

Oh poor Kelly, fixated on the idea of a child wanting to help their parents pay college tuition !  It’s sad that her kids don’t do offer to help 20 million dollar a year Kelly pay for college tuition!

And wow! She s super anorexic looking now ! Yikes ! They do fashion finder on Instagram and she looks skeletal and concave ! Even her arms look emaciated now ! Yuck 

• Love 2
On 7/12/2019 at 4:20 PM, marmalade said:

Oh poor Kelly, fixated on the idea of a child wanting to help their parents pay college tuition !  It’s sad that her kids don’t do offer to help 20 million dollar a year Kelly pay for college tuition!

And wow! She s super anorexic looking now ! Yikes ! They do fashion finder on Instagram and she looks skeletal and concave ! Even her arms look emaciated now ! Yuck 

She is  bonier than ever! And her leather skin will need Botox forever since she keeps losing weight and tanning !

Now Ryan May be in the Hall or Fame?  Gee seems like a little repeat of her gushing over her cohost Michael and how wonderful it was when he made the football hall of fame !

i wonder if “uncle Ry Ry” will piss of Kelly some day and make her ever growing  enemies list ? Let’s see... Regis , Jessica Seinfeld , Michael Strahan , and her friend NPH!  I wonder what they all did to offend Queen Kelly ? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Popcorn22 said:

and her friend NPH!

😲What?!  Even NPH has made her enemies list?  This is new information for me.  I wonder what happened there.  Interesting!  I remember a few years back I would see constant photos from their Instagram accounts all over the internet at my daily haunts.  Spending the holidays together, vacations, in the kitchen cooking together, blah, blah, blah. 

• Love 5

i wonder if “uncle Ry Ry” will piss of Kelly some day and make her ever growing  enemies list ? Let’s see... Regis , Jessica Seinfeld , Michael Strahan , and her friend NPH!  I wonder what they all did to offend Queen Kelly ?

Don't forget Priscilla Presley.

• Love 2

I read where Jess Seinfeld tried to mess around with MARK CONSUELOS!! or they actually did....who knows, but remember when Kelly used to refer to her as her 'sister?'   I used to feel bad for her actual sister, Linda.....that had to hurt her feelings a little bit I would think.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, finnzup said:

I read where Jess Seinfeld tried to mess around with MARK CONSUELOS!! or they actually did....who knows, but remember when Kelly used to refer to her as her 'sister?'   I used to feel bad for her actual sister, Linda.....that had to hurt her feelings a little bit I would think.

Well that is very interesting.  I don't know what happened in real life, but I would speculate it was Jess Seinfeld (when did she give up Jessica?) initiating.  She was newly married to someone else when Jerry caught her eye.  The reason I think Mark wouldn't take her up on it, or maybe anyone, even if he wanted - and I know there is speculation about his orientation, but, I think it is the oldest son - is that he wouldn't want a scandal and it would turn his life upside down.  His parents and her parents both have been married for a very long time, which is their role models, and let's face it, he has a nice life.  He seems to like Kelly even if she is too thin, too annoying, and he is too muscular, too vain, etc.  Don't know what they are like with no cameras.  Divorce isn't pretty, even with money.  I'm not saying he hasn't looked.  But I think he considers the consequences.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, finnzup said:

I know it did when it happened to me.  My older sister's name is Linda too hah.  Common name i guess.  Anyway theres an 8 year difference between my sister Barb and myself.  We just did our own thangs. I was out of the house before she could really do things like hang out.  She didnt know me, vice versa.  We tried getting to know each orher at first very awkward but its moving in the right direction.  Hope so anyway. To subject at hand, at her own wedding, that i flew in for in my gown.  She introduced her best friend as her sister....li felt so bad knowing she thinks nothing of me.  Thinks nothing of that really hurt.  We're working and trying to communicate more often.  Internet does help in rhat way. She still admits though if someone asks a sister question its her BFF she goes to.  Im not even a thought.  Ok therapy is over. Very sorry y!all!

Didn’t Kelly just get back from a 3 week vacation?  Now she’s gone again? That is crazy. They get almost the whole month of August off because tv shuts down before September. Yup! The rich are so different then me. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Didn’t Kelly just get back from a 3 week vacation?  Now she’s gone again? That is crazy. They get almost the whole month of August off because tv shuts down before September. Yup! The rich are so different then me. 

Well - her bosses seem fine with it. Her contract must include all of her vacations.  More power to her - going from a regular life to the one she has now that she seems to enjoy.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think it's one big vacation, many of these interviews, like Friday's Rosie Perez interview, seem chopped, edited and most likely pre-taped.

And again, I don't begrudge anyone having generous vacation time, that's awesome.  It's something to admire and aspire, definitely not worth the sour grapes.

• Love 2
On 8/2/2019 at 5:47 PM, ByaNose said:

Last time I checked, no one on TV lives the life than 99.98% of us live. 

One could always:

• Skip going to college
  • Convince your parents to let you move to NYC on your own just after you turn 18
  • Spend a few weeks gyrating in the background on a locally-produced dance show
  • Land a 10+ year gig as part of a third tier supercouple on a network daytime drama.
  • Be readily available when the #1 syndicated morning show needs an emergency fill-in guest (and be charming and cheerful while answering softball questions)
  • Meet, romance, and marry one of NYC's most eligible, most attractive "bachelors"
  • Remain on-screen during three pregnancies, quickly returning post-caesarian.
  • Sit beside a 1950s relic for a decade, gentling mocking his obsessive love for a midwestern college, an obnoxious baseball team, and aging pop relics, all the while impressing the "suits" with her calm demeanor and girl-next-door persona.
  • Star in 80 episodes of a mostly dreadful network sitcom, while keeping her day job.
  • Ingratiate herself with the most powerful force in Manhattan: The Gay Mafia.
  • Launch a mostly feeble production company with her mostly under-employed husband.
  • Raise three seemingly well-adjusted kids (until the tell-alls come out in 2040)
  • Successfully re-launch a 20-year-old syndicated program with an untested co-host, keeping ratings steady in an era of dwindling audience counts.
  • Demonstrate a remarkable balance of outrage, anger, disappointment, and frustration when network executives hired away her co-host with no game-plan, something that likely would have been handled differently if the gender roles were reversed.
  • Using that perceived slap in the face to negotiate an even better long-term deal.
  • Successfully re-re-launch the now 3-decade old syndicated hour with a co-host who is more skilled, more famous, more well-regarded, and vastly more compensated.
  • Never miss a day of scheduled work in nearly two decades.
  • Remain an employee in good standing for 30+ years at the same corporation.
  • Maintain a steady home presence while her now suddenly successful husband of 20_ years lives "in another country".

I suppose we all really aren't all that different after all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, finnzup said:

I thought the new season started today, guess not, lol. 

On Tuesday, they spent the first few minutes of Host Chat announcing the 32nd Year of "Live" and "Gelman". Then acknowledged the 19th Anniversary for Mrs Consuelos.  Then, a smattering of applause for Ryan's Year Three.

Perhaps there was some hurricane coverage which led to some stations airing a rerun?

22 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I got a new episode today. Kelly talked about dropping Lola off at college and Ryan talked about a colonic. So riveting.

The colonic talk was too much ! Yuck ! I did read that Ryan was back together with his “girlfriend “ Shayna, so I guess he wanted privacy and decided to talk about his colonic instead !

20 million dollar Kelly was back to behaving like a prepubescent teen who just couldn’t stop saying the word “Ragina”! You know which word that rhymes with !  So funny, if you are 12!  And she was getting grossly detailed about the colonic! 

It seemed like Ryan tried to diffuse Kelly from bathroom and vagina humor  and chance rhe subject a couple of times .  When all else fails bathroom and sex humor are Kelly’s idea of hosting !

• Love 3

I am WAY OVER Kelly and Ryan (especially Kelly) and their fascination with scatological talk.  It's a weird fixation on their part -- it's like they think it thrills the audience to talk about body parts, bodily functions, innuendos.  Well, I think it's cheap humor and borderline creepy because it happens all too frequently.  I literally change the station every single time they go there which means I'm changing the station often.  They are less and less and less my go-to show in the a.m. 

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Then acknowledged the 19th Anniversary for Mrs Consuelos. 

That makes me feel so old. I still remember that psychic saying she was pregnant on air before she announced it. 

• Love 2

Kelly was sick to her stomach the other night ? Well after s couple of days is eating bread and pretending it’s normal for her to eat past and spaghetti, her child sized  stomach probably couldn’t stand it anymore ! 

Listening to her pretend she eats so much when she is a skeleton is hilarious ! 

• Love 3

Surprise surprise! After Kelly pretending she loves to eat , taking “sexy” pictures with bread , and talking not stop about food , she went home sick yesterday!

I'm sure she is sick . Her digestive system probably gone into shock since she’s eaten more bread in three days than she had eaten in the past 10 years ! Plus she had spices and oil ! 

Her overcompensating by talking about food non stop , taking “sexy” pictures with bread , and acting like she stuffs her face is so stupid and annoying .

The fact she had to go so overboard about food while having the body of s combination of a 12 year old boy and a Halloween skeleton. Is so pathetic !

Trying to cover up her fear of food , especially carbs and fat, by acting like she  had sex with a loaf of bread in a picture , is stupid .

Anyone  with a brain who also can see Kelly’s body know she has serious issues with food and body image !

its actually nice not to see her take display of “loving bread” today !

• Love 2

Kelly also went on a humanitarian crisis over the weekend and then came home sick. She sounded bad yesterday. She showed up at work this morning but they sent her home. She must have been in bad shape. They pre tape Friday's show so she'll have a four day weekend to recover. She has been doing a lot of social media since Mark went back to work in Canada and the two older kids are in college. She might have worn herself out by doing too much. It's not the same too much for us regular folks but for rich people like Kelly which isn't really that much. LOL!!!

• Love 2