Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Unless I am missing it, there is ZERO mentions of AI. 

I normally enjoy when Mark hosts with Kelly but today was all over the place. And the interview with Drew Barrymore - I am sure she is delightful but O M G she never took a breath. She wasn't making any sense. 

And I feel like Kelly was wearing a wig today. Maybe being on vacation she couldn't touch up or something. 

Today just didn't do it for me. But YMMV. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DuckyinKy said:

Unless I am missing it, there is ZERO mentions of AI. 

I normally enjoy when Mark hosts with Kelly but today was all over the place. And the interview with Drew Barrymore - I am sure she is delightful but O M G she never took a breath. She wasn't making any sense. 

And I feel like Kelly was wearing a wig today. Maybe being on vacation she couldn't touch up or something. 

Today just didn't do it for me. But YMMV. 

Funny! I was the exact opposite. I thought Mark & Kelly were hysterical during host chat. Usually, tells a story (about the kids) to Ryan and I always think she’s making it up. When she was Mark he was basically confirming all of the stories and they were really funny. When she started talking about her father and Mark said he loves him but he’s really scary I thought it was so funny. That said, I only watched host chat. Unless, there is a guest I want to see. I passed on Drew. Does she even act anymore? Also, I kind of like they are still married and are strict with their kids. They seemed to have raised nice kids

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I passed on Drew. Does she even act anymore?

Drew is in an awesome show on netflix called Santa Clarita Diet.  I've never been a big fan of her acting but this role is perfect for her and plays up her attributes.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Funny! I was the exact opposite. I thought Mark & Kelly were hysterical during host chat. Usually, tells a story (about the kids) to Ryan and I always think she’s making it up. When she was Mark he was basically confirming all of the stories and they were really funny. When she started talking about her father and Mark said he loves him but he’s really scary I thought it was so funny. That said, I only watched host chat. Unless, there is a guest I want to see. I passed on Drew. Does she even act anymore? Also, I kind of like they are still married and are strict with their kids. They seemed to have raised nice kids

I do agree that they seem to be a rare Hollywood couple who seem to be real, and they have great kids. Today the host chat was nice, I enjoyed it. And I am so glad someone finally acknowledged Chris Sullivan was the Geico "HUMP DAY" camel! I switched over at the bug segment because....well it's bugs. But today was much better. 

But still - no mention of AI. Last year that is all Kelly talked about was how they gathered 'round the TV. This year - nada. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, DuckyinKy said:

I do agree that they seem to be a rare Hollywood couple who seem to be real, and they have great kids. Today the host chat was nice, I enjoyed it. And I am so glad someone finally acknowledged Chris Sullivan was the Geico "HUMP DAY" camel! I switched over at the bug segment because....well it's bugs. But today was much better. 

But still - no mention of AI. Last year that is all Kelly talked about was how they gathered 'round the TV. This year - nada. 

I hear the ratings are tanking for Idol. Maybe, that’s why Ryan is so sick. He’s never sick or calls out. 

• Love 2

.Kelly is looking even more scary skinny than usual ! She said she lost weight on their latest vacation , and it shows .

She posted an Instagram video of herself and Mark in the car on the way to work . She looked grossly skinny and creepy . Her hair was pulled back and her face looked like a creepy skeleton! Yuck 

I wonder if she had a wig on Monday because her hair looks damaged and thin lately .

Then there was  an after show video of her and and Mark, and you can see the gross breast bone showing on her upper chest ! Blech 

If she thinks that looks good or healthy , she needs help! 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I hear the ratings are tanking for Idol. Maybe, that’s why Ryan is so sick. He’s never sick or calls out. 

You knew that the ratings would be tanking. Just cancel the show after the current season is done.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I don't watch AI - is there reason why it is tanking?  Has it run its course?

It had its run. Everything does. I watched back in the day & now I’m older. Maybe, I’m not the demographic anymore. I’m 55. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

<<She posted an Instagram video of herself and Mark in the car on the way to work . She looked grossly skinny and creepy . Her hair was pulled back and her face looked like a creepy skeleton! Yuck>>

Yes I saw that too and couldn't believe what she looked like.  If her skin gets pulled any tighter I think it will split!  It just doesn't look normal or natural and I can't help but notice how she's always posing and pouting for the camera even when she's taking a simple, fun video with Mark....always trying to make some kind of 'model' face. 

She actually talked about losing weight while she was on vaca? 

• Love 1

So Ryan relapsed? Wow, he must have something going on.  But today's host chat was hilarious and Mark's reaction when the little boy smelled his cologne - OMG that was so hilarious! I laughed so hard. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, DuckyinKy said:

So Ryan relapsed? Wow, he must have something going on.  But today's host chat was hilarious and Mark's reaction when the little boy smelled his cologne - OMG that was so hilarious! I laughed so hard. 

Best host chat in a long time!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, finnzup said:

<<She posted an Instagram video of herself and Mark in the car on the way to work . She looked grossly skinny and creepy . Her hair was pulled back and her face looked like a creepy skeleton! Yuck>>

Yes I saw that too and couldn't believe what she looked like.  If her skin gets pulled any tighter I think it will split!  It just doesn't look normal or natural and I can't help but notice how she's always posing and pouting for the camera even when she's taking a simple, fun video with Mark....always trying to make some kind of 'model' face. 

She actually talked about losing weight while she was on vaca? 

Yes, she said she ran and hiked so much that it was the first vacation where she lost weight!  The exercise bulimia continues !

I didn’t see the show today, but I saw pics of her in her dress ! They might want to hide the belly button outie next time ! Her dress was so tight it showed through !

Speaking of tight , you are right , he face is so tight and it shows when her hair is pulled back ! She did look like a Halloween skeleton when she posted that video on Monday, and it was dark in the car!  

• Love 2

They usually pretape Friday’s show. but Ryan was only there one day this week so who knows. Mark did a great job this and I wouldn’t mind if he closed out the week. Ryan must be really sick. He has a million jobs and is never out. 

• Love 2
On 2/25/2019 at 2:18 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

....her name was a Lola....she was a showgirl.....

Go figure.

With yellow flowers in her hair and a dress cut down to there..............................

On 3/27/2019 at 9:09 AM, marmalade said:

It appears that Shayna  might have questioned him about a commitment, and he broke off the relationship after four years .  She has moved back to LA.

NO!

On 4/4/2019 at 9:11 AM, DuckyinKy said:

Omg that little kid was Hysterical!  So dam funny.  I laughed so hard!  And then Mark's reaction to the kids reaction was just as funny,  between the two of them , I was dying!  That was the mic drop moment.  End the show there, it won't get any better than that!

• Love 1
On 4/4/2019 at 3:39 PM, MikaelaArsenault said:

Who was filling in for Ryan? Does anyone know?

Her husband, otherwise known as her "baby daddy" or just "Daddy." I love the show but I do hate that. 

14 hours ago, Tammee said:

Omg that little kid was Hysterical!  So dam funny.  I laughed so hard!  And then Mark's reaction to the kids reaction was just as funny,  between the two of them , I was dying!  That was the mic drop moment.  End the show there, it won't get any better than that!

Mark fell over behind Kelly laughing. I was giggly for hours over that! 

• Love 2

Chrissy Metz just looks so uncomfortable and unhealthy . She was our of breath just walking to the chair she had to sit on for the interview. And how sad is it that they have to get special furniture to accommodate her weight, and she still can not fit on it correctly !

I am not mocking her , I lost a lot of weight and was in major denial until I hit my fourties . Chrissy is now 39, eventually it won’t be about accepting herself , but about wanting to breath and walk .  I hope I don’t sone cruel , I was a lot like her at one time , although not as heavy, I still was obese.

Shes pretty , she’s talented, but there is only so long you can stay that heavy without it affecting your health and and life .

• Love 5
On 4/8/2019 at 6:03 PM, goldenpuppy said:

Chrissy Metz just looks so uncomfortable and unhealthy . She was our of breath just walking to the chair she had to sit on for the interview. And how sad is it that they have to get special furniture to accommodate her weight, and she still can not fit on it correctly !

I am not mocking her , I lost a lot of weight and was in major denial until I hit my fourties . Chrissy is now 39, eventually it won’t be about accepting herself , but about wanting to breath and walk .  I hope I don’t sone cruel , I was a lot like her at one time , although not as heavy, I still was obese.

Shes pretty , she’s talented, but there is only so long you can stay that heavy without it affecting your health and and life .

Yeah....I do hate that she has to have special furniture when she goes on a show. There's overweight, which so many are and there is just unhealthy.  She's out of breath a lot. 

• Love 2

So they have every Friday off now ?

Whenever I hear a rich celebrity like Kate Hudson whining about how hard it is to have a young baby or going out with children  I can’t stand it !  Let’s be real , Kate and other celebrities don’t need to keep on working if they want to stay home . They live rich lifestyles with nannies, take vacations and go back to filming a movie when they feel like doing it again . Plus they have a staff of nannies .  So when Ryan said Kate and her family “still have fun “, it’s just ridiculous! 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 8
On 4/12/2019 at 5:57 PM, goldenpuppy said:

So they have every Friday off now ?

Yup, since about 2002. Regis was down to working only 3 days a week in his last few years.

Just star in a daytime drama for a decade or so, or host a wildly popular LA radio show for the better part of decade to land the current gig. 

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 3

Saw starting next Monday they are changing times.  In Denver its pushed back an hour.  The new time is 10am against the View smh. Its had the same hour I think since its inception.  Wonder if they are going to talk about it, or just yell Surprise!

14 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Saw starting next Monday they are changing times.  In Denver its pushed back an hour.  The new time is 10am against the View smh. Its had the same hour I think since its inception.  Wonder if they are going to talk about it, or just yell Surprise!

Isn't it possible that Denver is the only market changing LwK&R's time slot?  It's not changing here in NYC.

14 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Isn't it possible that Denver is the only market changing LwK&R's time slot?  It's not changing here in NYC.

Oh that's totally possible. I just went to national.  Thanks for the check.  I guess just look at your local listings to be safe. Thanks SB!

• Love 1

Boy they had to earn their money with Taylor Schilling. That was a spacy interview. Kelly kept it together and at the end I guess Ryan gave up and he asked what the blue flavor was on the popsicle from the clip they showed. I guess some actresses just aren't meant for the talk show circuit. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, DuckyinKy said:

Boy they had to earn their money with Taylor Schilling. That was a spacy interview. Kelly kept it together and at the end I guess Ryan gave up and he asked what the blue flavor was on the popsicle from the clip they showed. I guess some actresses just aren't meant for the talk show circuit. 

You beat me to it -- I was about to post the same thing!  Taylor Schilling was so weird, contrarian and uncommunicative.  And her dress was waaaaay too short to sit on those stools.  Had to be tough for the camera operators.  I came away from the interview very unimpressed with Taylor. 

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

You beat me to it -- I was about to post the same thing!  Taylor Schilling was so weird, contrarian and uncommunicative.  And her dress was waaaaay too short to sit on those stools.  Had to be tough for the camera operators.  I came away from the interview very unimpressed with Taylor. 

Yes! It was an awful two segments on morning TV. Kelly & Ryan are sort of pulling teeth, I was thinking man this couldn't get any spacier - then boom. Ryan did it with that can-do attitude. Seriously he was just exhausted from trying. Normally on talk shows, I find cooking segments just painful. But thank goodness for zucchini noodles (something I was never say!)   

Edited by DuckyinKy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:53 PM, babyhouseman said:

Wow.  I don't watch the show anymore, so went to that site and I realized that Kelly still does that completely narcissistic and banal BTS "fashion" segment.  Good for her, she's making a killing.

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I wasn't going to watch, but now I have to, I'm a glutton for awkward interviews!

I watched the interview last night & it was ... painful!!  I guess not having a script leaves her speechless ... LOL.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I watched the interview last night & it was ... painful!!  I guess not having a script leaves her speechless ... LOL.

There are two types of awkward interview that I live for:  the arrogant 'what am I doing here?' interview best typified by Debra Winger's appearance on WWHL, and then there's the dizzy bitch interview where the celebrity seems very whimsical and not at all grounded in reality.  Taylor Schilling def falls squarely into the latter category!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

There are two types of awkward interview that I live for:  the arrogant 'what am I doing here?' interview best typified by Debra Winger's appearance on WWHL, and then there's the dizzy bitch interview where the celebrity seems very whimsical and not at all grounded in reality.  Taylor Schilling def falls squarely into the latter category!

Absolutely!!!

I just finished watching Kelly give David Muir one continuous tongue-bath.  (He's not that great, IMHO.)

2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Absolutely!!!

I just finished watching Kelly give David Muir one continuous tongue-bath.  (He's not that great, IMHO.)

I guess I should have tuned in today but Season 5 of Bosch dropped last night and I was binge watching. 

On 4/22/2019 at 8:47 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Oh my. Kelly’s white dress was so tight that you could see her rib cage through it. She is getting scary skinny. 

Funny how Kelly said that a menu would be Ryan’s idea of perfect foreplay. 

Today her dress looked awful on her boney, flat chest . It was cut below her ribs between her upper breast and the microphone was pulling down the front to expose her non-existent breasts and exposed breast bone !

it seemed like Kelly was determined for everyone to see her boney chest. She was sticking her chest out and putting her arms behind her through the the whole show.  Does she think she’s sexy and she is making sure everyone sees her breasts ? 

I have never seen her sit pushing her breasts out and putting her arms behind her like that! 

Edited by marmalade
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1