Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't think we need individual threads for every episode, but it's fun to discuss the show in general. 

I enjoyed their interview with President Obama. He probably enjoys doing these fluffier interviews once in a while, instead of the constant political and international turmoil he has to deal with and talk about. Clearly, Kelly and Michael were prepared with lists of questions and it was nice to hear Obama talk about his kids. He sure admires Michelle! (and why not?)

This reminds me that I still need to watch Friday's episode.  I saw that Michael had a good VA question also.  Hope they edited out all the "uh's" and "um's." :)

Watching one of their fitness segments, I didn't think Kelly's chest looked so bony like usual.  Looking at her in general, her face didn't seem as draw either.  Maybe she's gained a pound or two or even 3 or 4?  Or maybe I need new glasses - hee.

hi! first post on these forums. I screwed up when making an account here, I'm cottagegrl from TWOP.

Catty, I'll pay attention to the show & see if I notice a "disastrous" weight gain. thanks for the heads up

Hi all!  Good to see some familiar faces, lol.

Did Kelly mention Michael's pre-birthday celebration at all?  I noticed there were several pics posted of 'he who must not  be mentioned' with Kelly and MARK CONSUELOS!!

Glad I missed the interview with Obama.  I'm thinking the prep work for her to be prepared must've been mind boggling, lol.

(edited)

Watching Kelly gush over the trashy Jenners is sickening. Apparently Lola is a big fan! ( I thought they didn't watch tv) they autographed a book for Lola and Kelly was gushing during FF about how excited Lola will be! The last show or celebrities I would let my daughter watch are the Kardashians! I guess Kelly is spreading her love of reality tv trash to her adolescent daughter! But then again this is a woman who got into twerking on morning tv!

Edited by orangekit

Kelly looks like an alien with big eyes/pale lipstick, large head and bony body. Michael is adorable. I can't watch Kelly though anymore----so ill-prepared for this cushy job. 

I loved the floral, cap-sleeved dress (on one TV it looked pink and white, but on the other it looked red and white ) she wore on Wednesday, plus her hair was flawless.

I hear alot of talk on tv shows about how hot Channing Tatum is.  Today I finally got a good look at him &    Really????  I don't find him hot in the least, not even cute.

I feel bad about saying that - sorry Chatum!  I know he didn't ask for all that drooling over him. 

Although I also don't see the big deal about George Clooney either.   Maybe it's just me.

• Love 2

I'm old enough to remember Kelly from her first appearance on AMC, where I found her charming and appreciated her work ethic because, God knows, soaps are a grind. Some time later she was a guest on Bill Cosby's game show (the name escapes me now) and it shocked me how stunningly stupid and glaringly uneducated she seemed "off-script." So I was pretty much aghast when she landed the cohosting role next to Regis. I have not seen one speck of evidence since then to convince me she posesses even the barest intellectual curiosity, not a single sign there is any "there" there. Kelly seems to be a good mother, a loyal friend, a sunny personality and a completely approachable celebrity according to those who've met her -- all good, even great traits -- but on camera, in that chair, holy cow! What a dullard.

• Love 5

Haven't watched today, but yesterday I was so happy to hear about the state of Kelly's vagina again.  Darn, can't remember the word she used - it was vagi-something - relating to that special bike seat she uses for it.

There was something else she said that made Michael and me laugh, but I couldn't tell if she did it on purpose or not. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I hear alot of talk on tv shows about how hot Channing Tatum is. Today I finally got a good look at him & Really???? I don't find him hot in the least, not even cute.

I feel bad about saying that - sorry Chatum! I know he didn't ask for all that drooling over him.

Although I also don't see the big deal about George Clooney either. Maybe it's just me.

I agree, I feel the same way about them and Ryan Gosling.

It's nice to read this and not have thousands of gross posts all about hating Kelly.

I couldn't read the TWoP thread. It was disgusting how some of the posters hated her and picked apart every little thing about her but still managed to watch and know every damn thing she did.

Hopefully it'll be a little more human over here.

Edited by Maple Surple
  • Love 5

The word she used was "vag-agony," and she pointed repeatedly to her crotch so we would understand where that is.  I am familiar with "vag-umbness" which I often get bike riding. I would think men have a harder time dealing with bike seats, but thankfully Michael didn't attempt to make up any cute names .... He could have started with Numb Nuts. Always good for a laugh. Maybe Penile Pain. Let's try dick-comfort. "That was very dick-comfortable." Nope! Comes out meaning the opposite. Cock-a-doodle-ouch!!

• Love 2
(edited)

Kelly is so limited  she can only discuss body parts, sex and exercise. On occasion she talks about her kids but when she does she usually is making a fun of them especially the two oldest.  Contributes nothing to the show  except to act like a silly teenager.

Edited by cago
  • Love 3

Thank you, Jeanius, I really did want to remember that word - lol.  Oh yeah, and all the pointing.  So, so tacky, especially for a 9am morning show.  Maybe if she was a stand-up comedian...

• Love 2

Well, I only hope Kelly is putting in the bimbo act to tv, but I am rhinkvf she really isn't too bright.

But, I think her outfits are really pretty ion most days, so I check out FF. The other day she had some green drink upside down in a bottle so that the stuff from the bottom mixed in the juice. She actually couldn't figure out is she should use the word "is" or "are" when referring to more than one thing, and recited a rhyme from elementary school to remember! Oh boy! I can see if English was her second language, but if you read and write, or just listen to peope speaking , it's not difficult to figure out! She also seems to not be able to read que cards or clippings, held up to her nose!

Along with her inability to know what is appropriate conversation for morning tv, I think she truly is not too bright!

• Love 4

The fact that Kelly is BFF's with Andy Cohen, the Real Housewives king, isn't surprising. Now Andy is shopping around an even tackier reality show, where trash bags who had one night stands with celebrities go in his show and talk about it! At least Kelly will be spared Andy bringing on anyone who might have had a fling before or after marriage to Markie, or is saying she had an affair, since they are buddies But I guess Andy can rest assured that no one will ever want to bother being a gues on his show after he had his high school level show of outing married or in married celebrities who had affairs!

After Kelly took over solo, before Michael saved the mess she made of the show, I always thought she was more suited to cohost Andy's sow on Bravo! She'd be in her glory to have a steady diet of sex jokes and reality tv talk!

• Love 2

Taye Diggs is all kinds of gorgeous but yeah, he was awful. Between not knowing how to pronounce a guest's name (and not just mispronouncing it, but essentially questioning HOW to pronounce it on air, showing even less preparation than Kelly herself), and practically drooling over Nicki Minaj -- just ick. He was very off-putting.

(edited)

I'm glad for the response, I thought it was just me. I think that Kelly was pissed a couple of times, he talked while Kelly and the guests were speaking-nonsense. His outfit looked dumb too. Nicki Minaj didn't want any of his stupid ass even though, "Hey, I'm not married anymore!" Good on Idina Menzelf for cutting that fool loose-

Edited by Patrizio

I loved the cute little dress Kelly had on today, but dang, she is flat-chested. I know she's petite and thin, but I'd wear a padded bra just fill it out a little. Her hair was gorgeous, so shiny and smooth.

Anderson's gift of the ventriloquist puppet that looked just like Kelly was cute. Anderson's looked so much like him it was freaky. Nice that he can just call famed designer Diane Von Furstenburg (sp?) and get a doll-sized designer dress made. Rich people live different lives than the rest of us.

Today's host chat with Anderson was pretty good, and I really like how, again, Kelly rags on Mark about his toe injury with Anderson joining in.  Turf toe?  Like real athletes don't heal from that all the time. 

With Gloria Vanderbilt as your mom, Anderson, I bet, could call any number of designers.  That was cool.

Loved, loved, loved Jim Parsons hosting yesterday.  I even watched the guests!  I think he just enjoys everything.  I saw him on Dan Patrick's sports show.  He really liked watching the show in his Big Bang dressing room especially with the guy's camaraderie, so he called them and ended up coming on Dan's show as one of the Danettes.  He's been a caller, too.

Kelly has been wearing some pretty nice clothes, but when she came out today, I did wonder if she'd pumped up for the sleeveless top.  I still think she's gained a few pounds and looks better.

• Love 1

I think the guy who makes the puppets called vonFurstenberg's office, and I think vonFurstenburg's people offered it

- although I'm sure when they heard Anderson and Kelly's name it probably made a difference.

Hated the little puppet play.  Same old, same old, Kelly trying to have her way with Anderson, forcing the AndersonPuppet  onto KellyPuppet.  I lol when Anderson, as KellyPuppet was yelling, 'stop, get away' or whatever his protestations were.

Does Kelly know he's gay?  Or maybe she knows something we don't.

I don't know why female daytime talk show hosts think they have to make high school level jokes about sex/body parts and then sort of snigger. It's off putting to say the least and demeans the women - Kelly does it, but try sitting thru an hour of The View - makes Kelly look adult.

Loved Jim Parsons as well. Would love to meet up with him for lunch - I have many fantasy lunches set up with people I find interesting! His enthusiasm was charming.

I was also struck by the quality of the guest hosts and the guests here in comparison to The View. Just emphasizes how far The View has fallen and how much of a better show Live ...is.

I am sure I would tire of Live...if I watched it every day, but dipping in every now and then is just fine for me. Like the posts tho' so will be interested in other points of view.

• Love 2

Hated the little puppet play.  Same old, same old, Kelly trying to have her way with Anderson, forcing the AndersonPuppet  onto KellyPuppet.  I lol when Anderson, as KellyPuppet was yelling, 'stop, get away' or whatever his protestations were.

Does Kelly know he's gay?  Or maybe she knows something we don't.

Of course she does!!!  She & Markie hang around & vacation with him.

• Love 1

Kelly and Anderson have a nice rapport. Didn't she and Mark Consuelos vacation with Anderson and his partner?

It's interesting to hear what celebrities do in their spare time. Like Anderson being obsessed with overflowing toilets and plungers. Seems like he talked about it for ten minutes. The rest was about his hot water heater not working. He'd rather move than figure out how to repair it? He seems a bit strange. I really didn't need to see the video of the plunger thingy in Japan - he said it wasn't graphic, but it was really gross. I thought Kelly might actually puke. Wouldn't have blamed her.

the rest was about his hot water heater not working. He'd rather move than figure out how to repair it? He seems a bit strange.

A bit?  He never had spinach until he tried it two years ago.  I prefer the pre-coming out Anderson Cooper.  The newscaster who kept to himself, maintained an air of dignity mystery.  After he came out he became really comfortable sharing the more odd aspects of his life; the bizarre food issues, his phobias and pet peeves.  TMI Anderson.

• Love 1

I've heard of him, but never seen Gerard Butler before this morning. 

All I'm going to say is that if Gerard and Craig Ferguson are an example of what the guys look like in Scotland - I'm getting me a passport & heading over there!

Haven't watched today's show yet, but I am pretty sure this week is all pre-taped.  Last week Michael was on vacation; this week both Michael and Kelly are on vacation, and next week Kelly on vacation (they each get 2 weeks off).  

Haven't watched today's show yet, but I am pretty sure this week is all pre-taped.  Last week Michael was on vacation; this week both Michael and Kelly are on vacation, and next week Kelly on vacation (they each get 2 weeks off).  

Thanks,  I thought there was something wrong with host chat today.  Lola's acrylic nails & like drivel.

(they each get 2 weeks off).

Two weeks at the beginning of the summer because they surely get more than 2 weeks off year-round.

Towards the end of summer, I know they are all taped or pre-taped shows because Brown Sugar is either on an island.or in Arizona.

I'm guessing in total, Kelly has several months of vacation time throughout the course of the year.

Yes I think Live's vacation schedule is:

2 weeks off around Easter (kids' Spring Break)

2 weeks off in June

Month of August off (both Kelly and Regis used to get it off but I'm not sure Michael gets the whole month)

2 weeks in Christmas/New Year

Pretty nice schedule!

And I think Kelly spends August in the Hamptons; Arizona is usually in June.

(edited)

Great work if you can get it!

Although I know plenty of real-life people who get six weeks of vacation time every year, based on years employed. So lots of vacation time is not that strange - if regular folks get 6 weeks, then high-paid celebs in cushy jobs getting twice that seems typical.

Edited by Shermie
  • Love 2

I don't watch 2 Broke Girls which I guess is where the co-host is from (would have been nice for Michael to have told me), but when she walked out in that dress, I thought she was one of the Fox-bots who only wear different colors of the same dress.  Didn't care for her though.

fl2dc, I hope when Kelly comes back that she does tell us interesting stories about going to Greece, but she doesn't always share well after trips.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  We'll wait and see.

I agree, CattyTiger. Over the years she has definitely opted to share LESS information/stories about her vacations. It seems they left Greece and went to Paris, France. 

I'm sure she's a nice person but she's not made for a talk show!

Was it the young blonde that was on today?  I caught a few moments of chat while in a waiting room today and I thought she was fine, lol.  She actually 'talked' which is something I find lacking in Kelly.

Granted, I couldn't quite hear what they were 'talking' about, but Michael looked like he was enjoying himself. 

Thank goodness I am not the only one who couldn't handle Beth Behrs.  I had to turn her off yesterday, her voice was so annoying  and once I saw her today, I just deleted the whole show.  

She made me miss Kelly, something I thought couldn't happen.

I didn't think Beth was any better or worse than other guest hosts.  She was engaging, interesting & LISTENING to what Michael had to say.  In my books, 90% better than Ms Kelly.  As a comparison, pay attention to Mel B tomorrow -- she can't string ten words together to make a sentence, IMO.  Just sayin'.