Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Interesting post, summerdaze. I'm not surprised Regis didn't say much about Kelly. I think she's been an opportunist right back to her early days on the show when she blatantly referred to him as her 'Big Daddy'. I think that's how both she and Mark saw Reege from the beginning....as their sugar daddy.....especially if they hung in there long enough. More about the money than wanting to be a good entertainment host.

So far, this week, every co-host has done a much better job than Kelly.....they are all better prepared, much more natural, and not checking themselves out in the monitor all the time,...and they have seemed more competent at carrying out a conversation without all the narcissistic over-acting that has become commonplace with Ripa. Kate Upton was very good with Michael today. She didn't once try to search for compliments from Michael as Kelly often does nor did she fawn over him all the time. Much more down to earth and less attitude than Ripa....a nice change. Michael seemed happy with her and happier in general lately.....don't know if it's his Hall of Fame award or if he's liking single life or what but host chat, for the most part, is once again at least watchable. . Ripa isn't missed in the least ......time she retired. I remember when she told Regis on the show: " When you leave, I'm leaving".....sure, Kelly, sure.....hope she stays on vacation....so tired of her recycled, phony host act.

Edited by gambrelli
  • Love 4

I think Maria's talent is the ability to listen intently & ask pertinent questions.  When Michael was telling his HOF story on Monday, she seem totally drilled-in on what he was saying & her comments were those of someone who was totally interested in him & what he was saying.  Just sayin'.

Edited to add:  I would welcome any one of this week's women to replace Kelly.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 4

Whoa. She is obnoxious. But I really hope he wasn't cheating. 

Funny how the article mentions how Michael is: the star of Live with Kelly and Michael, NFL star, Hall of Fame, GMA star, and,

Nicole is... star of Hollywood Exes.  Ha!

• Love 1

remember when she told Regis on the show: " When you leave, I'm leaving".....sure, Kelly, sure.....

I think what she used to say is she would leave before him, in that he's a legend and will never retire. I always saw it as a statement of respect towards him, but YMMV

• Love 2

Interesting post, summerdaze. I'm not surprised Regis didn't say much about Kelly. I think she's been an opportunist right back to her early days on the show when she blatantly referred to him as her 'Big Daddy'. I think that's how both she and Mark saw Reege from the beginning....as their sugar daddy.....especially if they hung in there long enough. More about the money than wanting to be a good entertainment host.

So far, this week, every co-host has done a much better job than Kelly.....they are all better prepared, much more natural, and not checking themselves out in the monitor all the time,...and they have seemed more competent at carrying out a conversation without all the narcissistic over-acting that has become commonplace with Ripa. Kate Upton was very good with Michael today. She didn't once try to search for compliments from Michael as Kelly often does nor did she fawn over him all the time. Much more down to earth and less attitude than Ripa....a nice change. Michael seemed happy with her and happier in general lately.....don't know if it's his Hall of Fame award or if he's liking single life or what but host chat, for the most part, is once again at least watchable. . Ripa isn't missed in the least ......time she retired. I remember when she told Regis on the show: " When you leave, I'm leaving".....sure, Kelly, sure.....hope she stays on vacation....so tired of her recycled, phony host act.

ITA- Kelly was a major brown noser when she first got hired. Then as she got richer, got into the upper crust of NYC, real Kelly came out, and suddenly she was a snotty brat to Regis. Her pretending she wasn't dying for him to leave was pure BS IMO. Her fake little statement about leaving when he did is typical phony Kelly. I don't think she even knows when she's being real anymore! Edited by marmalade
  • Love 4

The dessert picture is so fake.  No way did Kelly "bulldoze" through the desserts, that fork is clean as clean can be.

Exactly!  And isn't that how all women eat their desserts?  Eyes closed, head raised, mouth open.......?!

• Love 1

<<<What a bunch of PR nonsense. Mark looked miserable.I<<<

Maybe his miserable look was also one of embarassment.  Kelly's nephew, Sergio Ripa, ONLY nominated his "aunt, Kelly Ripa."  Sergio said nothing about Uncle MARK CONSUELOS!!!

Of course, Kelly being Kelly, had to hang onto Mark for dear life so I'm thinking he had a gamut of emotions.....all negative!  lol  And you're right, he looked soooooooo miserable and angry, lol.  

Once again, he's hanging onto Kelly's coattails (as threadbare as they are, lol) even for an ice-bucket challenge.

• Love 1

<<Michael is: the star of Live with Kelly and Michael, NFL star, Hall of Fame, GMA star>>

Every dollar counts.  Not quite Colgate or Electrolux.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7ry1/metamucil-meta-effect-featuring-michael-strahan

I saw that commercial recently and laughed so hard. Apparently, Metamucil is trying to re-brand itself as a product that helps you feel full between meals. They're emphasizing the "Meta" part of the name, and they added products like "Meta" fiber bars.

My cable guide said that  yesterday was the "Season Premiere", but obviously it wasn't.    I had it on in the background and had to change the channel.  Kelly's shrill annoying voice and stupid jokes were worse than ever.

Today was definitely live.  Michael has an interesting haircut.  It actually looks good on him.  Kelly had a pretty outfit, but yikes,  seeing so many bones so early in the morning is disturbing. She looks bonier than ever. I have never seen so many chest bones on a healthy person.  I am wondering why FAith would dress her in on outfit that showed so much when she is so sickly looking.   I think Kelly must feel she looks healthy with a tan, but right now she looks like a lollipop she is so emaciated. 

Mandi Patankin is always one of my faves, nice to see him.

• Love 3

Classic Kelly moment on Wednesday's show:   She was explaining how the kids were just back in school.  She went into great detail about how that last night before the first day of school was allllll about grasping every last possible moment as a family - as they went out to eat at a restaurant.

I was slackjawed. 

What a great mother she is. So nice of her to tell the tv viewing audience that Lola wore her brothers pajama bottoms underneath her dress today for school  because Kelly did not give her spandex and Mark refused to let her borrow his underwear so she had to wear her brothers pj bottoms just in case her skirt blew up. Don't you think stupid Kelly should have kept that to herself. 

• Love 2

She went into great detail about how that last night before the first day of school was allllll about grasping every last possible moment as a family - as they went out to eat at a restaurant.

I'm not shocked that a wealthy Manhattan family would opt for dinner at a nice restaurant and spend time with each other rather than stay at home and cook.

• Love 7

What a great mother she is. So nice of her to tell the tv viewing audience that Lola wore her brothers pajama bottoms underneath her dress today for school  because Kelly did not give her spandex and Mark refused to let her borrow his underwear so she had to wear her brothers pj bottoms just in case her skirt blew up. Don't you think stupid Kelly should have kept that to herself. 

Why would Lola need spandex or Mark's undies unless her skirt was super short?  I never will get why she is so freaked out over leggings, but she allows her to wear such short skirts and dresses.    But whatever happened, she should not talk about an adolescent girl's skirt blowing up and wearing her brother's pj's on national tv IMO.  Then again, she talked about way way more private things about Michael when on Jimmy Kimmel.

Another thing that happened on  Tuesday, when Kelly and Michael returned was very interesting.  Michael noticed Kelly had a haircut, right away and mentioned it.  Honestly, it didn't look that different. Michael on the other hand really had a very different haircut, but Kelly was so into herself, she never commented until he brought up his haircut.

Also,  she had to turn the Joan Rivers news into a story about how she told Kelly she "looked great".  ( a story she has told repeatedly in the past). 

Along with flexing her arms, staring at herself in the monitor, and telling a story which I think was pure BS.  (the story of her mother in law sending her such nice texts after she sent her a picture of her butt!), Kelly was just annoying very quickly.

What is sad is that I think Kelly is a very funny, quick witted woman. I think she really can be fun to listen to, and I was glad to see them live. But she quickly gets annoying when she turns into the self-absorbed person she has turned into since she started this show.

• Love 1

What is sad is that I think Kelly is a very funny, quick witted woman. I think she really can be fun to listen to, and I was glad to see them live. But she quickly gets annoying when she turns into the self-absorbed person she has turned into since she started this show.

Kelly called into E! News Thursday to speak to them about Joan River's death. She spoke very effectively and affectingly about Joan, with a minimum of ahs and stumbles. I have see her speak very well off the cuff on other shows too. It makes me wonder what exactly is going on at Live that makes her such a less effective presence. Is she playing a character? Does she just not care? Is it too early in the morning? Has she gotten lazy from years of letting others carry the load on that show?

It is very curious how she can be so on point on other talk shows and so not, on her own.

Also, I thought the tribute to Joan Rivers that they ran before the Friday show was quite lovely considering they had to have put it together at a moment's notice.

• Love 2

Juneau Gal, can you please recap what Kelly said on E! News?

The beginning of Live on Friday was preempted on the West Coast due to the President speaking. Did they start the show with that short tribute video for Joan with Kelly narrating? They posted it to their Facebook page that day.

Fl2dc: When she called into E! She spoke about knowing Joan since she (Kelly) first began on Live. She stated that she had the privilege to co-host with Joan when Joan would sub for Regis. She said Joan was the perfect co-host; prepared, able to speak off the cuff, interested in who she was speaking to, etc. She remarked how kind Joan was to everyone in and around the studio; generous with her time. It was really quite sweet and she was clearly upset by the death.

The tribute on Live was indeed Kelly doing a voice over and then some clips of Joan's appearances on Live.

• Love 2

I was just coming here to ask if Regis had been at Joan's funeral? I thought you all might know.

I did see Kathie Lee was there, I just hadn't heard of Regis. I guess he wasn't there. I'm surprised.

On WABC-TV in Manhattan, they interviewed Regis briefly the day of JR's death, he was his usual gracious self. However, there was something off, his hair seemed totally white, I don't know if it was my TV or my vision, but his hair looked totally white!

Hope everything is going well with him.

Regis was here in town Saturday afternoon at a seniors event. He also went to one of the hospitals to visit patients. So he's good.

I couldn't go, darnit, so I don't know if his hair was still white.

That sounds like he is staying busy, so that's good.

I wonder if he felt he had to dye his hair while on TV. And is fine with it going natural.

I caught a few minutes yesterday, I was surprised Kelly and family moved. I hadn't heard about that. I haven't watched the show in a while.

• Love 1

I am always amazed at how this guy finds the time to do things. Now that NFL Football season has kicked off, he's one the FOX NFL Sunday panel.

He is amazing on it, and really meshes well with the other guys and knows his stuff.

But it airs Sunday, sometimes in LA and he is still reporting after the night games. There are times he has to catch a red-eye back to New York for Live with K and M.

Granted, he's getting paid BIG dollars, but still - lots of commuting. At least he's not bored.

The Consuelos' apartment has been on the market for over a year (since Jan 2013) and it just sold earlier this year, I think in May. I'm not surprised that she didn't talk about the sale on the show, as it was priced at $24.5M so it would probably be perceived as a bit braggy! I am curious to know where they moved to, though. Some articles have said that Mark was interested in moving to the Upper East Side.

I don't know if the links above mention it, but one article I read said the Ripasuelos had to deeply discount that apartment since the layout is so funky and turned off a lot of prospective buyers.

BTW, the picture in our newspaper had a pic of Regis and his hair was white. 

I really dislike when one of the two pretends to be into something while obviously displaying ignorance of a given topic while the other is going off about it.

The whole Downton Abbey bit was ruined when Michael insisted that no American could be at a DA wedding.  How did he miss Shirley MacLaine's bravura arc last season?   But, the entire time Kelly was legitimately excited about DA, Michael feigned a similar devotion.  Boy, did I miss Regis in that moment.

• Love 1

Saw Michael on Letterman last night and he really is a natural.  I enjoy him and his humor.

I will say though, he looked very different, and not because of his faux hawk.  I think he's had his nose done and his skin color looked very much lighter.  I think he's also lost some weight.

Loved Letterman with his "kelly lee and Michael Lee" jokes.

I noticed it last Sunday while watching FOX NFL Sunday - it's just lost a ton of weight and is not so bulky anymore.

He's more slender in musculature now. As a Defensive end, he was a big big guy - now he's more slender and has a different haircut. But it was really noticable.

I don't know if Kelly tried to have Michael naturally or not, but all her births have been c-sections.  It just irks me when she acts like she knows how something is when she doesn't.

It seems for me that whether I stick with host chat depends on whether Kelly is in MEGA Kellme, me, me mode.  Oh, or how much she scratches and messes with her hair in the first few minutes.

For me, it's just too bad that Michael doesn't get to talk as much, and I just go ahead and delete.  I wish it wasn't that way.

Of course loved seeing the James Spader segment, and it was funny when they all thought a clip would be played and just were sitting there.

• Love 2

Something was clearly irking Michael today as host chat went on.  I am sure it wasn't anything Kelly said/did.  Maybe he was frosted at Gelman for ending chat early?  You could clearly see him whispering something with dead earnestness to Kelly as the Travel wheel was spinning.  He was NOT a happy camper.

Kelly seemed very genuine with her connection to the new mom.  If she was faking that as she was telling the story, she has a serious pathology.  

So Kelly thinks that Letterman has only been on Live once.  Ok fine. 

Terry Crews & Michael Strahan:  Totally fantastic segment!  Two ex-NFLers that have dropped the playing weight, funny and talented. 

I'd seen Terry Crews' art before and was stunned.  They really do look like photos.  I'd love a movie with the two of them.

Edited by CattyTiger

I think Letterman has been on Live at least three times. Once about ten years ago, another time after Regis came back from his heart surgery, and I'm pretty sure he dropped by for Regis's last week.

I'm also getting tired of both Kelly and Michael asking the trivia winner if they can come along for the trip. As if either of those two couldn't take a private jet at a moments notice to a destination of their choice. I also hate the exchanges that go something like this:

Kelly: So, what do you do for a living?

Trivia Caller: I'm a goat farmer.

Kelly: OhMyGosh that's my dream job!!!

• Love 4