Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I saw the Instagram

Pics . Kelly looks awful. Even her arms which look muscular look like they are muscular on tv look strangely thin. I guess in the upper crust circles of NYC being size zero is a great thing. Tv is non adding 10lbs, it looks more like it's adding 20lbs!

• Love 2

OMG. Page three!

Just when I complemented her wardrobe choices, she had to go and pick a dress that allowed her "cleavage" (aka weird bony muscular chest area) to show. Plus, the top part was so tight, I was distracted.

And, the sex talk was back. Something to do with balls. Ha, ha, so funny. Michael joined in, then looked over at Art, who must have had a disapproving look, as Michael shut it right down. Methinks there was a directive a while back to can it with the gratuitous sex stuff.

• Love 3

I wonder who ended it. I tried to think of the last time he mentioned her on the show and I think it was just this week! When Kelly said she went to Maine to visit Lola at camp, I think he said Nicole was in Maine too visiting her daughter at camp as well. 

... one of the vendors sold glittery temporary tattoos, and there's a picture of Kelly getting one, which I'm guessing is what's on her arm. 

I was reading too fast and thought it was glittery temporary "tampons" ... and didn't catch on until I got to "on her arm." I shoulda noticed that glittery didn't fit the context (although temporary did, LOL). Then again, Kelly does love her some glitter ...

thanks for the link fl2dc - I too did not like Nicole AT ALL, not only on her appearances on Kelly & Michael, but on other shows she was interviewed on.  Seems like a cold, distant person.  and dear god - I cringed when she tried to tell a "humorous" story on kelly & michael!  It was always very long, and all over the place, and NOT amusing in the least.

On another note - I saw the pic of Kelly on exercise ball - I didn't think she looked overly thin or unhealthy.

'Little girls, big balls': Kelly Ripa shares provocative photo with legs split on workout prop after joining Instagram

She joined Instagram on Thursday.

The next day Kelly Ripa shared her second photo with a snap of herself and a friend sitting on medicine balls with their legs spread wide.

The 43-year-old Live With Kelly & Michael talk show host captioned her picture, 'Little girls, big balls' followed with a hashtag of the New York gym, Ak Tin Motion, where she was working out.

9FF0xLE.jpg

I don't watch this show because I can't stand her, but looking at the photos in that article, I have to ask where the hell her eyebrows went? It looks like they're gone and she draws a thin line on.

• Love 1

Watched the NFL Hall of Fame Induction ceremony last night and was surprised to see Kelly in the audience.  Michael referred to her as his TV wife.  He also thanked Robin Roberts, who was also there,  as well as his Fox Family.

Kind of felt bad for him since he had no significant 'other' to thank (all the others did) but he also pointed out at the outset that this was "the best week-end of his life."  Didn't he and Nicole break up over the week-end?

From the few things I've been able to read on-line, it looks like maybe Nicole cheated with a much younger guy and Michael heard about it, she denied it.....blah, blah, blah.

• Love 1

My husband told me that last night and I think he said Kelly blew him a kiss?  Of course, making it about her.  I really wasn't surprised that she was there - Hey, look at me, too.  No way though she can even try to take credit for the Hall of Fame like she does for his broadcasting career - smh.

Don't know at all, but something I read gave me the impression that it was in the last couple of weeks that he and Nicole broke up.  I thought maybe the news had to come out before the Hall since she wouldn't be there.  I was glad to hear of this particular breakup.

• Love 3

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

After Split, Michael Strahan Makes Emotional Speech at Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction

3H7XYGE.jpg

Michael Strahan

DAVE ALLOCCA/STARTRAKS

BY K.C. BAKER 08/03/2014 03:15PM

A day after PEOPLE broke the news of his split from fiancée Nicole Murphy, Live with Kelly and Michael co-host Michael Strahan had a joyful night as he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday.

"This has been the best weekend of my life," Strahan said in an emotional and funny speech, calling himself "an improbable" football star.

Onstage at the Canton, Ohio, ceremony, the former New York Giants standout said that he never wanted to play football when he was growing up and that his brothers teased him about being chubby as a kid.

Then "the improbable happened again," Strahan said. "I get drafted by the New York freakin' Giants."

Strahan – who went onto become one of the greatest defensive ends in NFL history and who clinched a Super Bowl win in his final season – joked that he was "still scared" of former teammate Lawrence Taylor.

oP0yAV2.jpg

Kelly Ripa and Michael Stahan
MARION CURTIS / STARTRAKS

He wrapped up his speech by giving a shout-out to his "TV wife," Kelly Ripa, who blew him a kiss. "Thank you, baby," he said, smiling at her. Singer Usher and Strahan's former colleague, Good Morning America host Robin Roberts were also in the audience, cheering him on. (For more on the other players inducted, go to SI.com.)

Strahan's Hall of Fame induction came one day after Nicole Murphy's rep confirmed to PEOPLE that she had "ended her five-year engagement" to the retired NFL player.

"They love each other very much, but with the distance and work schedule it has been hard to maintain the relationship," his rep told PEOPLE.

The pair, who have nine children between them, first started dating in 2007. Murphy, 46, was previously married to Eddie Murphy, while Strahan is divorced from second wife Jean Muggli.

The split didn't seem to get the star down. At an afterparty, an elated Strahan toasted his milestone with Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve and mingled with his family, friends and former teammates.

"He was genuinely grateful and thrilled to be celebrating with his friends," says a source. Strahan welcomed his friend Jon Bon Jovi to the stage for a special one-hour set, and, after LL Cool J turned up onstage to close out the night, Strahan "was the last to leave," says the source, who noted the guest of honor was "dancing to Bon Jovi and LL Cool J and snapping photos."

Since there are now separate topics for Kelly and Michael, I just posted a People Magazine article about Michael's Hall of Fame induction, (photos included). It looks like he had a really great party. Bon Jovi played for an hour, and LL Cool J was there too.

Edited by LuckyBitch

'Little girls, big balls': Kelly Ripa shares provocative photo with legs split on workout prop after joining Instagram

I don't watch this show because I can't stand her, but looking at the photos in that article, I have to ask where the hell her eyebrows went? It looks like they're gone and she draws a thin line on.

Gross! I guess Miley Ripa is back! WTF is wrong with her? She has to turn everything into a sexual reference? She acts all worried about her daughter wearing leggings nut somehow thinks she needs to post stuff like that? Reminds me of a teen who is obsessed with sec because they don't have sex.

• Love 3
Watched the NFL Hall of Fame Induction ceremony last night and was surprised to see Kelly in the audience.

Why would you be surprised to see Kelly there? She's his main co-worker and it appears they have developed a close friendship.

My husband told me that last night and I think he said Kelly blew him a kiss?  Of course, making it about her.

She didn't "make it about her". Michael thanked Kelly, his "tv wife" in his speech, and her response for that thank you was to blow him a kiss. It's no different at any awards show when the recipient thanks someone who is in the audience and they smile or wave or blow a kiss. If she did nothing in response to his reference, especially if the camera had turned to her looking for her reaction, people would have been all over her for being self-involved or some nonsense.

I think the "Little Girls, Big Balls" pic is funny. They are little girls, those are big balls. Any sexual inference is in the mind of the reader.

• Love 5

Why would you be surprised to see Kelly there? She's his main co-worker and it appears they have developed a close friendship.

Oh, I don't know.....probably because in her own backyard, NYC, Kelly can't even go to a movie premier, a Broadway show or even read a book for that matter to discuss on the show.  Her excuse is that she's got a family and it might interfere with her being a mom (that's the inference.)

Traveling to Canton, Ohio just to blow a kiss to her "TV hubby" seemed out of character, to me, considering how little she does in NYC (unless it involves a stationary bike or big balls, lol.)  I'm assuming she left MARK CONSUELOS!!! at home since he wasn't sitting next to her. 

• Love 3

Gross! I guess Miley Ripa is back! WTF is wrong with her? She has to turn everything into a sexual reference? She acts all worried about her daughter wearing leggings nut somehow thinks she needs to post stuff like that? Reminds me of a teen who is obsessed with sec because they don't have sex.

I think Miley Ripa is just being surpresssef by tptb. The other day 43 year old Kelly jus had to keep a "balls" joke going on and on, like an adolescent who just discovered sex. It wasn't until Michael looked over at someone that the childish talk stopped.

I get an innuendo here and there, but Kelly's mind seems to be in 12 year old sex mode whenever she sees anything that could remotely be an innuendo.

Any woman who'd even want to imitate that sexually screwed up mess, Milwy has some issues IMO.

I wasn't surprised she and Mark would be at the HOF enshrinement since I thought they mentioned she was going last week.

I didn't think it was a bad thing, and blowing a kiss did not seem inappropriate or line she was stealing the spotlight to me.

I do wonder if Kelly will be more "baudy", as Gelman calls it, since Michael is now single.

I was looking forward to hearing Michael talk about this past weekend and it was great.  Nice clip the show put together of him with the time limitation, too.  Never so happy not to see Kelly today or Michael wouldn't have gotten to talk so much about his experiences at the HOF induction.

• Love 1

I loved the show today & was interested to see how excited Michael was.  Kelly certainly wouldn't have just sat there & listened to his story!!  She'd be interrupting & injecting herself into the conversation whenever Michael took a breath.  Maria was so respectful & politely listened.  NOT Kelly's long suits!!

• Love 4

It was nice to see Michael talk without being interrupted , but Maria is so annoying with her nasal voice and weird laugh! She seems sweet, but how did she ever become a broadcaster with her voice and laugh?

Oh boy , Kelly was the only one in the dance floor all night? Did she eat morsal of food and need to work it off? Talk about attention seeker.

There is a blind item that sure sounds like Kelly and Mark. They were just at a wedding a couple of days ago, and it fits them perfectly . Maybe this explains why Markie hated when Kelly was heavier and actually looked likes she wasn't a "little falla". - as she refers to herself!

[Naughty But Nice Rob] Which celebrity couple recently attended a fellow celebrity wedding and took lots of pictures on their iPhones?

When a certain female star checked her husband’s phone, she found pictures of the bride, pictures of the groom, pictures of the cake, and over 121 pictures of young guys’ bottoms.

The pair have been married for over 10 years and have children together. They are thought to be one of the most solid couples in New York. They also spend a lot of time in The Hamptons.

She has a lot of gay friends, but she never thought for one minute that her hubby was as interested in guys bottoms as she is.

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 3

Kellly is on vacation again? Didn't she just spend weeks in Greece and France?

That's what I thought too; doesn't she have the best job in the world? 

I'm sure she'll be back after Labor Day.

On another note, the blind item totally sounds like the Ripsueloses. 

• Love 3

Great for Michael. He's very charismatic and is great in front of the camera. I can't figure out if he's sincerely nice, or if he's an asshole who knows how to appear nice on tv?

I know everyone is a combination of niceness and assholish-ness, but for celebrities, the public gets to decide if they're more of one than the other. e.g. Sandra Bullock: genuinely nice. Michael Jordan: kind of a jerk.

And this is the gossip-whore in me: what happened to him and Nicole Murphy??? I listened to a long interview with Michael Strahan on Howard Stern (from a few years ago), and he and Nicole seemed very much in love. Of course, dating for 8 years and being engaged for 5 of those years is usually a clue that not everything is coming up roses in their relationship.

• Love 2

I'm just starting to notice that young women from L.A. end the last word of a sentence with "a".  Like, did you have a nice time?  Yesa.  I noticed Maria doing it all the time & Kesha does it on that talent show she's on.  What's up with that?

Compared to Kelly, the women who substitute do not works their time flexing, making annoying faces, and stating at themselves on the monitor. I don't love Maria, but she acts more natural and no way as fake as Kelly.

• Love 1

Kelly usually gets 2-3 weeks off in August but I feel like this year the vacation started a week early.  If she's off through Labor Day, that's 4 weeks off!

I haven't noticed about adding an "a" to the end of words, LOL. I will have to pay attention!

When Maria walked out this morning, the first thing I thought was "isn't she worried about a wardrobe malfunction with that short dress!?" Lo and behold, the first story she tells is about her skirt flipping up yesterday!

HE thought she was GREAT for a long time.  If he stopped thinking she was great, he should have told HER & walked away, not cheat on her.  THAT'S what a man with integrity does & that's why I hope he didn't cheat because I'm really fond of him & want him to be the man I think he is.  Just sayin'.

• Love 1

Page Six says it was because of the pre-nup.  Don't think she wanted to sign one.

My thoughts about Michael have changed a bit.  I remember reading the crazy stuff printed during his contentious divorce from wife #2.

Then he guest-hosted on Live! and I thought he was charming and genuine.  Then he got the gig and I continued to think he was a nice guy.

Then I watched the HOF speeches and thought Michael's was the most self-centered.  He really threw me for a loop because I thought he was all about family, values, work ethic, etc.  All the good stuff all the 6 other men spoke of.

To me, Michael's speech was more about him and how great he was and how awesome that because of his greatness, he gets to be in the fraternity with all the other greats.

I'm glad I watched the 'enshrinement' ceremonies, I thought the speeches from the other men were so touching, I had tears in my eyes during every speech......except Michael's. 

I look at him a bit differently now.

• Love 2

Wasn't there domestic violence involved in his divorce? That's why I thought it was surprising when I heard that he was in the running for this co- host job. I don't watch this show because of Kelly, but I checked it out the beginning of last season to watch the announcement and then I tuned in on and off the rest of that week. I found that I liked him and he seemed very nice, not to mention much better at the job than Kelly is.

• Love 1

Wasn't there domestic violence involved in his divorce?

Yes, there was that and the fact that she also accused him of being gay.

It was allover the NY papers for quite awhile. 

No one knows the real truth, except the two people involved.

Regarding Michael getting the job at Live!, I think enough time had passed where any bad press (domestic violence) had already been forgotten by the masses.

I want to believe that he's one of the good guys but I really do think that most celebs live by a different code of conduct than most folks.

I also think his opening remark at the HOF speech was a dig at Nicole since he said it "was the best week-end of his life."  The week-end included Nicole's breakup, whereas the HOF, even though a week-end event, was more or less the one day with the enshrinement, speeches and partying.  He could've just said this is the 'best day of my life.'  Ha ha, so much for the Strahan kids....guess daddy puts you in second place. 

(Sorry Michael, but how can you not make that comparison?)

• Love 1
They are little girls, those are big balls. Any sexual inference is in the mind of the reader.

Oh, come on. Are you saying you don't think she intended it to be interpreted like that? If so, then you're incredibly naive. The immature sexual reference doesn't bother me, as I've come to expect that from her. But there's something about grown women referring to themselves as "little girls" that I find distasteful.

Edited by Lynnelle
  • Love 9

Of course I expect people to interpret it that way; that's my point - that everyone has a "dirty mind" to some degree. Kelly is not afraid to make the jokes, especially when they're obvious.

While I'm not a fan of calling grown women "girls", it doesn't bother me as much when women say it about themselves. I have an issue when men refer to themselves as men, and to women as girls (as in, "the men lost their tournament, but the girls did well in theirs", something I see sometimes).

However, "Little women, big balls" is too literary. One could argue they don't have to caption their photos at all, but that is what Facebook, Instagram, etc. are for. I don't seek out photos of people I dislike.

• Love 1
I'm glad I watched the 'enshrinement' ceremonies, I thought the speeches from the other men were so touching, I had tears in my eyes during every speech......except Michael's.

I didn't see it (I couldn't care less about football), but maybe he was feeling somewhat bitter or something after breaking up with a long-term (long-term for a celebrity, that is) partner. People often say things and have a certain attitude fresh after a breakup that might mellow over time. But Michael had to make the speech that day, his personal problems had to be set aside. Sometimes that's hard to do.

Or maybe he's a part-time asshole; that's possible too.

I can't believe I actually watched the show today. I usually turn it off after the first five minutes. To listen to host chat without Kelly acting like a giddy teenager and Michael being able to express himself without her interrupting him was a pleasure. To actually hear someone read an article without hmmm and ahh and stuttering. Rebecca brought some class to the show she is a real lady unlike Kelly who doesn't have an ounce of class in her bitty body. I wonder why most of the articles I have been reading about Kelly seem to stress that she and Mark are happily married. So who cares.

• Love 3

It's strange hearing Michael actually finish stories and not get interrupted this week! Also, seeing a woman who actually doesn't constantly fish for compliments and state at herself in the monitor, all while pretending to cut herself down is refreshing.

Kelly used to be a super relatable person, I was happy when they hired her. Now she is obnoxious.

• Love 6

I've watched host chat and all the guests I've been interested in all week and will tomorrow without deleting before watching.

I was pleasantly surprised with the good job Rebecca did with Michael.  Such a naturalness conversing.  Kelly has her fans, but I'm just not one of them anymore.

• Love 4

I read an interview online with  Regis that was conducted by Cody Gifford (Yes, Kathie Lee's son).   It was interesting to read.   Regis was spoke about Gelman. He keeps in touch with Gelman and seems to get together with him. He seems to have the same close relationship with him.  As usual he was joking about him, but it's obvious that Regis is fond of him.     Then he was asked about Kelly,  his answer was interesting.   He just said she seemed to be doing well with Michael, but then joked about how they might not be doing well.   There was nothing personal or even any comment about Kelly herself.  He said nothing bad, but it was just as if he barely knew her or cared to talk about her.  Also, when he co-hosted last year with Kathie Lee on the Today show,  Schully came out to see him. 

it seems like staff and Gelman seem fond of Regis and make an effort to see him, but not Kelly.   I wonder if Kelly was a part of the reason Regis was treated so badly during his last negotiations.  I think Kelly comes across like the sweet, modest, self-effacing woman, but when real Kelly comes out, it's not so nice. She seems to need the spotlight and is very competitive.  Made me wonder if she wanted the spotlight, and pushed for the star position. 

Also,  I like Michael, but he is a major butt kisser when it comes to Kelly. I also have a feeling Kelly made sure she had someone who was willing to stroke her ego to co-host with.

The funny thing is, I think TPTB see real star power with Michael.   They gave him the stint on GMA, and he is doing well. Also, compared to Kelly who needs a co-host to carry her along, even when it is a substitute,  Michael can handle co-hosting with anyone - even a bimbo, annoying person like Maria Menunos.

Speaking of Maria Menunos, how did that woman ever get a job in front of a camera. She laughs like an idiot, and talks like an stupid Valley Girl with her "a",s at the end of words where the don't belong!  I am thinking that it's all her looks, or other things that had nothing to do with ability that got her jobs!

• Love 4