Type keyword(s) to search

SYTYCD in the Media

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Six dances for each finalist is going to be grueling for them. I'm particularly worried about Lex. How is he going to get through that being injured? 

I only wish Luther Brown will bring us something better than he has. and there is the talent in Lex and Koine to smash..  I long for the days when Luther just did his swag to 185 million....

This is my favorite Luther hip hop and I still haven't found what I'm looking for...back in season 2 of the Canadian version.

• Love 1

So I am guessing the repeated routines are Lex and Gaby's Tap and Kione and Marko's African Jazz, because they were favorites but maybe the judges need to see them again to confirm.

or maybe they're going to do-- I Rise, but I think they'll save that for the finale when Mark can come back and dance it with them.  In any case,  Cheese needs to get an Emmy nom.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 1

So Gaby and Lex will repeat their Anthony tap routine.  I'm guessing Koine and Marko will repeat their African Jazz which was really intricate and they were so synchronized.  I also assume Anya (yeah!!) is choreographing for Jenna and Kiki.

That seems like a lot of hip-hop choreographers considering there are three contemporary dancers. 

1 minute ago, Andie1 said:

So I am guessing the repeated routines are Lex and Gaby's Tap and Kione and Marko's African Jazz, because they were favorites but maybe the judges need to see them again to confirm.

or maybe they're going to do-- I Rise, but I think they'll save that for the finale when Mark can come back and dance it with them.  

We posted at the same time and thought the same thing.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, realdancemom said:

That seems like a lot of hip-hop choreographers considering there are three contemporary dancers. 

My sense is the hip hop routines are going to serve Lex and Koine well.   We know Lex is really strong in this genre, but we haven't seen Koine only once in some sort of hip hop lite route, but she seems equally strong in it. 

17 minutes ago, Andie1 said:

My sense is the hip hop routines are going to serve Lex and Koine well.   We know Lex is really strong in this genre, but we haven't seen Koine only once in some sort of hip hop lite route, but she seems equally strong in it. 

There are also the group routines.  This season was really nice because there were contemporary dancers that fused hip-hop/breakdancing to their contemporary solos, e.g. Lex, Logan, and Kaylee.  Koine does staccato contractions too so I also think she would be good with hip-hop.

• Love 1

Definitely Koine is going to do well on the hip hop, she's been taking classes in it for quite a long time, I think she said since she was 7.  I really would love to see her tackle something juicy and just smash it, Alex Wong style and just wake everyone the hell up... heh :). 

I am thinking that possibly  Taylor and Robert might reprise their Travis routine or the Keone and Mari, and Kiki and Jenna redo the Mandy Moore.  The highlighted choreographers aren't going to be there, but I can't see why only Lex and Koine are repeating routines with their all star.  I am surprised Mandy IS going to be there?  It's the opening night for DWTS, so she might not be there either.

2 minutes ago, Andie1 said:

Definitely Koine is going to do well on the hip hop, she's been taking classes in it for quite a long time, I think she said since she was 7.  I really would love to see her tackle something juicy and just smash it, Alex Wong style and just wake everyone the hell up... heh :). 

I am thinking that possibly  Taylor and Robert might reprise their Travis routine or the Keone and Mari, and Kiki and Jenna redo the Mandy Moore.  The highlighted choreographers aren't going to be there, but I can't see why only Lex and Koine are repeating routines with their all star.  I am surprised Mandy IS going to be there?  It's the opening night for DWTS, so she might not be there either.

I think the other two couples will also reprise routines.  That's what they did in the kid version.  Each kid chose their favorite routine.  It's just noticeable for Anthony and Sean since they won't be there.  I think Taylor and Robert will be the Travis routine since their best routines have been contemporary.

Ugh, Gaby and Lex Tap routine again. Am I the only one who thinks Anthony is boring?

Overall a good crop of choreographers, but I can do without Travis Wall and Tap. Really wish we could've seen Lex do Al's choreography instead of Warren Carlyle.

Haha, if Kiki ends up with Luther Brown again...

Edited by fan94
On 9/15/2017 at 5:09 PM, realdancemom said:

I think the other two couples will also reprise routines.  That's what they did in the kid version.  Each kid chose their favorite routine.  It's just noticeable for Anthony and Sean since they won't be there.  I think Taylor and Robert will be the Travis routine since their best routines have been contemporary.

That's interesting.  I guess it would be too early for Koine and Marko to reprise their door dance, because they said in interview that it was definitely their favorite dance of the season.

I think that dance is Emmy worthy, as is Sean's Again I Rise group dance.  But I'll take the African Jazz piece, it is in the repertoire of great dances this season from Koine.

On 9/16/2017 at 8:32 AM, luvthepros said:

I love tap.....the old Astaire and Kelly style. I'm excited for Lex and Gaby to reprise their tap number from week 1. I loved it!

Yes, it was a really strong piece and I think it probably tied the night as the favorite dance along with Taylor and Robert's contemporary.

On 9/15/2017 at 6:07 PM, fan94 said:

Haha, if Kiki ends up with Luther Brown again...

That would be a good comparison actually of people dancing out of their style, but they'll probably give him the Mandy Moore forklift Rumba, disguised as a contemporary dance.  It would also be interesting if they gave Taylor the Luther Brown piece, or Keone and Mari but they'll probably keep her in her wheelhouse, which sucks for the others having to prove themselves out of their style.

Edited by Andie1
2 hours ago, Andie1 said:

Yes, it was a really strong piece and I think it probably tied the night as the favorite dance along with Taylor and Robert's contemporary.

Really don't know what you are looking at for this?  If you are looking at youtube views, Taylor, Lex and Kiki's will always be near the top.  I would guess one of the three was always at the top on a given week.  It just looks like they have the largest fanbases?  For instance, Kiki's hip hop had the most views.  But I can see them reprising the tap for variety purposes.  I think the Luther hip hop was Lex best duet.  It allowed him the freedom and individuality to shine.

3 hours ago, Andie1 said:

That would be a good comparison actually of people dancing out of their style, but they'll probably give him the Mandy Moore forklift Rumba, disguised as a contemporary dance.  It would also be interesting if they gave Taylor the Luther Brown piece, or Keone and Mari but they'll probably keep her in her wheelhouse, which sucks for the others having to prove themselves out of their style.

I meant it would be a trainwreck. 

4 hours ago, Andie1 said:

That's interesting.  I guess it would be too early for Koine and Marko to reprise their door dance, because they said in interview that it was definitely their favorite dance of the season.

I think that dance is Emmy worthy, as is Sean's Again I Rise group dance.  But I'll take the African Jazz piece, it is in the repertoire of great dances this season from Koine.

Unfortunately, I think if Taylor and Robert do their Travis' contemporary, it could push Taylor to a win.  While I do think she does contemporary well and she was good in the bird piece, I don't think she's versatile in other genres.  OTOH, I think she did better in the samba than Lex did.

Not sure, what the show was trying to do with Lex this week.  Why give him a samba and a disco when votes count for the winner?  Are they pushing for a different winner now?

1 hour ago, realdancemom said:

Unfortunately, I think if Taylor and Robert do their Travis' contemporary, it could push Taylor to a win.  While I do think she does contemporary well and she was good in the bird piece, I don't think she's versatile in other genres.  OTOH, I think she did better in the samba than Lex did.

Not sure, what the show was trying to do with Lex this week.  Why give him a samba and a disco when votes count for the winner?  Are they pushing for a different winner now?

I think it's similar to what happened with Ricky in season 11. He had a poor showing with Valerie in his Viennese Waltz in Week 2. Then they gave him Cha-Cha with Anya in Top 6 week, so that even if he messed up, the number of votes during Top 6 week would probably be far fewer than the ones in Top 4 week. Then they loaded his finale with Contemporary/Jazz and one Hip-Hop.

Difference, of course, was that he wasn't bad at his Cha-Cha. I do wonder if Lex would've been at least a little better if he hadn't been injured.

21 hours ago, crossover said:

Really don't know what you are looking at for this?  If you are looking at youtube views, Taylor, Lex and Kiki's will always be near the top.  I would guess one of the three was always at the top on a given week.  It just looks like they have the largest fanbases?  For instance, Kiki's hip hop had the most views.  But I can see them reprising the tap for variety purposes.  I think the Luther hip hop was Lex best duet.  It allowed him the freedom and individuality to shine.

Youtube views but also forums and entertainment reviewers seem to point to Taylor and Lex having a pretty solid first night in comparison to other teams.    And then it was all hands on deck to push Kiki with that contemporary,  and for Koine and Marko, she sort of emerged with the African Jazz because it was so intricate and athletic.  I have nothing but anecdotal stuff, but I'm guessing that if you had a look at the vote tallies for each contestant, these dances are where they got a lot of votes.

20 hours ago, fan94 said:

I meant it would be a trainwreck. 

It would be, I agree, I think they'll stay away from Hip Hop re-dances for Taylor and Kiki.

17 hours ago, fan94 said:

Unfortunately, I think if Taylor and Robert do their Travis' contemporary, it could push Taylor to a win.

Possibly, but for Taylor fans and fans of the show we already know the piece.  An encore sometimes loses its sizzle when we know how it ends.  I sort of think these encores are put out there to show the judges the contestant has grown in the partnerships, and as I recall there were some awkward lifts in that original piece, as gorgeous as it was. Certainly Nigel and the judges panel will do their best to manipulate what you saw.

Edited by Andie1
56 minutes ago, Andie1 said:

Possibly, but for Taylor fans and fans of the show we already know the piece.  An encore sometimes loses its sizzle when we know how it ends.  I sort of think these encores are put out there to show the judges the contestant has grown in the partnerships, and as I recall there were some awkward lifts in that original piece, as gorgeous as it was. Certainly Nigel and the judges panel will do their best to manipulate what you saw.

There were some lifts that were not executed well.  So I can see a potential for growth there.

For Lex, he executed the tap routine well but I can see where he can improve in showmanship and chemistry for Gaby.  For Koine and Marko's AJ, I thought it was wonderful, intricate, and synchronized.  They danced as one. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

For Koine and Marko's AJ, I thought it was wonderful, intricate, and synchronized.  They danced as one. 

I agree, if there is a nitpick, in the last lift where Koine comes out of it backwards, she almost loses her footing but like a boss she saves it. 

For Kiki and Jenna, I'd like to see more content from him to actually be a credible contemporary routine.

4 minutes ago, Andie1 said:

I agree, if there is a nitpick, in the last lift where Koine comes out of it backwards, she almost loses her footing but like a boss she saves it. 

For Kiki and Jenna, I'd like to see more content from him to actually be a credible contemporary routine.

I haven't watched the AJ since the first week.  So I don't even remember that there was a problem in the landing on the last lift.  I just remember being extremely impressed by the way both of them danced.  That's when Koine became a dark horse to win for me.

I don't know what Kiki and Jenna's repeat routine is going to be.  It seems weird that they would pick a contemporary routine.  I remember mostly watching Jenna in that routine which I usually do with their routines.  They should pick a ballroom dance.  But to show you how memorable Kiki is at ballroom, I forgot their first number.  I mostly remember his samba with Koine.

It's a tiny nitpick for Koine, the only reason I think it was a note is because her arms went up as if to balance her core. It was hardly noticable.  I can't see anything else that would be a problem.

As for Kiki, given the Choreographers on the list he's worked with Luther, and Mandy are really the only choices, the other choreographers aren't there, like Sasha Farber, Dmitry Chaplin and Ray Leaper

8 minutes ago, Andie1 said:

It's a tiny nitpick for Koine, the only reason I think it was a note is because her arms went up as if to balance her core. It was hardly noticable.  I can't see anything else that would be a problem.

As for Kiki, given the Choreographers on the list he's worked with Luther, and Mandy are really the only choices, the other choreographers aren't there, like Sasha Farber, Dmitry Chaplin and Ray Leaper

Then I think speculation is correct that Kiki and Jenna will do their contemporary routine.  The judges really loved it and gave it a SO.

• Love 1

So:

Full Cast live - Nappytabs 

Top 4  Dance- Travis Wall and Christopher Scott- 2 parts

Allstars dance - Keone and Mari

Reprise Duets with All stars - considering Koine and Marko Afro Jazz, (Sean)  Lex and Gaby  Tap, (Anthony)   Taylor and Robert -Contemporary (Travis) and Kiki and Jenna - Contemporary (Mandy)

Wish list:

Koine and Lex - Hip Hop- Luther Brown  

Koine and Taylor -Contemporary Mia Michaels

Koine and Kiki- - Rumba - Anya Garnis 

Lex and Taylor - Jazz- Mandy Moore

Lex and Kiki -  Contemporary Mia Michaels 

Taylor and Kiki- Broadway Al Blackstone

Edited by Andie1
6 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Just saw an interview with Travis re: next week's finale. He confirmed he and Lex will be dancing together. I don't know if I posted on this forum the routine they both perform in Shaping Sound but I can say this......the piece is absolutely amazing. Do NOT miss it.

Travis confirms he and Lex will dance together in the finale

Their Shaping Sound duet has been posted a few times, and it is amazing.  Still, I hope they do something different, only because I'd selfishly like to see something new.  That would make me so happy!

5 hours ago, Andie1 said:

Ratings for SYTYCD and it's not good.  They are down from last year 

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/think-can-dance-season-14-ratings

Hopefully it will still be renewed.

I guess we really shouldn't be surprised.  The tweens can absolutely identify with the younger dancers.  They would either bring their family or friends along.  Some people just like to see kids do anything.  Dance junkies will just watch.  They just appreciate the show and the fact that the kids are good is a plus.
The viewers for the 18+ are more cynical.  They expect so much from the dancers whether technique, performance, public interaction/interviews, personality etc.  They also expect so much from the choreographers.  They expect the judging to be fair and beneficial.  It looks like things started getting better after the auditions.  Then for the next month or so people were invested.  It even went above last season.  After then, people had either lost their favorite or had come to realize the show's manipulation.  Why watch if you think someone has already decided who should move on?  The episodes after losing Dassy and Kaylee/Logan even had negative changes in the double-digit.  So the people probably just wait to watch clips online instead of watching live.  Then wait to see if the chosen one won.

Finally watched one of the AfterBuzz clips with Mia.  Carla asked Mia if she could even think what her favorite sytycd season was?  Mia answered right away--Season 4.  I thought she would've said S3 or S5 but I'm glad she chose S4.  That was my favorite as well.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, crossover said:

Finally watched one of the AfterBuzz clips with Mia.  Carla asked Mia if she could even think what her favorite sytycd season was?  Mia answered right away--Season 4.  I thought she would've said S3 or S5 but I'm glad she chose S4.  That was my favorite as well.

Who were some of the dancers in season 4?

Their starting Partner line up: (best known in bold)

Mark Kanemura & Chelsie Hightower                           William Wingfield & Jessica King

Katee Shean & Joshua Allen                                          Thayne Jasperson & Chelsea Traille

Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian                               Kourtni Lind & Matt Dorame

Stephen "tWitch" Boss  & Kherington Payne                    Susie Garcia & Marquis Cunningham

Comfort Fedoke & Chris Jarosz                                       Rayven Armijo & Jamie Bayard

Mia's duet choreography:

Top 20 - Contemporary to  "Beautiful" for Mark & Chelsie

Top 14 - Contemporary to "Dreaming With a Broken Heart"  (aka the "Bed Dance) for tWitch & Kherington

Top 14 - Contemporary to "Hometown Glory" for Katee and Joshua

Top 8 - Contemporary to "Mercy" (aka the "Door Dance") for tWitch and Katee

Mia's Group Dance choreography:

Top 16 - "The Dance" (highlighting Mark K as the ringmaster)

Top 10 (she did Top 5 Girls dance - "Ave Maria"

There were a LOT of great dances by the other choreographers as well and this group did them justice. But seeing as the issue was Mia's favourite season I'm just listing her choreography. Still, I think even for her, Season 4 was the epitome of synchronicity: the random coming together of just the right disparate elements to result in an outcome far exceeding expectation.

Edited by Anothermi
spelling
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Who were some of the dancers in season 4?

Anothermi answered your question.  

I remember the season as the "hip hop" season because of the unusual number of hip hop dancers--Josh, tWitch, Comfort, Gev; others were good at hip hop as well Mark, Courtney, Will, Chelsea T.  The cast was such a great versatile group with loads of personality.  They did latin and ballroom, if they stayed long enough.  They all looked like they got along.  When they switched partners, there was still chemistry.  The choreography was so good.  Or, the dancers elevated the routines.  This was the 1st season for NappyTabs and Nakul (bollywood).  Unfortunately, this was when Doriana became disco-lift heavy.  I guess she started salivating when she saw the strength in the guys?  This group of males even brought Nigel out to choreograph.  Josh won but he wasn't the chosen one.  Mark even surprised TPTB by making T6 despite TPTB giving him an awful 2-step in the T10.  tWitch was TPTB choice and I think Will was second.  So you were invested til the end because voters weren't as gullible.  Or, maybe it's because TPTB didn't start pushing their favorite during the audition process until S8 with Melanie?

It was just an entertaining and fun season.  But there were too many dances per couple, I think (7 before they made T10).  It took it's toll physically.  So I'm glad they didn't keep this up.  But I wish they would go back to requiring ballroom--waltz, QS, foxtrot or something.  So what if people don't vote for them.  The judges can save the couple, if they think they performed well.  Just don't use ballroom to eliminate the non-chosen ones.

ETA:  I think this was the first season for Dwight & Desmond as well?

Edited by crossover
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, crossover said:

But there were too many dances per couple, I think (7 before they made T10).  It took it's toll physically.  So I'm glad they didn't keep this up. 

Oh Yes!!!  This group did more dances by top 6 than most of the Top 4 have done before or since! And yet only Jessica King "dropped out" due to injury.  Her treatment by the Judges was the only negative thing about this Season. Some of us speculated that TPTB put pressure on her (didn't matter what kind) to influence her to drop out because they were Sooooooo negative towards her. The upside of that was we got a great Mark/Comfort Hip Hop because she did drop out.

Jessica still got an incredibly memorable dance with Will before top 10 (by Tyce IIRC).

ETA: Looked up the Will/Jessica dance. It was "Silence" and it WON and Emmy for Tyce's choreography!

Edited by Anothermi
added Tyce Emmy win
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, crossover said:

Anothermi answered your question.  

I remember the season as the "hip hop" season because of the unusual number of hip hop dancers--Josh, tWitch, Comfort, Gev; others were good at hip hop as well Mark, Courtney, Will, Chelsea T.  The cast was such a great versatile group with loads of personality.  They did latin and ballroom, if they stayed long enough.  They all looked like they got along.  When they switched partners, there was still chemistry.  The choreography was so good.  Or, the dancers elevated the routines.  This was the 1st season for NappyTabs and Nakul (bollywood).  Unfortunately, this was when Doriana became disco-lift heavy.  I guess she started salivating when she saw the strength in the guys?  This group of males even brought Nigel out to choreograph.  Josh won but he wasn't the chosen one.  Mark even surprised TPTB by making T6 despite TPTB giving him an awful 2-step in the T10.  tWitch was TPTB choice and I think Will was second.  So you were invested til the end because voters weren't as gullible.  Or, maybe it's because TPTB didn't start pushing their favorite during the audition process until S8 with Melanie?

It was just an entertaining and fun season.  But there were too many dances per couple, I think (7 before they made T10).  It took it's toll physically.  So I'm glad they didn't keep this up.  But I wish they would go back to requiring ballroom--waltz, QS, foxtrot or something.  So what if people don't vote for them.  The judges can save the couple, if they think they performed well.  Just don't use ballroom to eliminate the non-chosen ones.

ETA:  I think this was the first season for Dwight & Desmond as well?

It was also Sonya Tayeh's first season. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, kechara said:

2, 3 and 4 were my favourites. The only problem I had with 4 was the lack of Wade

I agree that I was MOST engaged with those 3 seasons. Season 1 was interesting as they learned a lot from it, but 2 - 4 exceeded all my expectations. I've liked other Seasons since - usually due to the number of contestants that I really liked early on.

I'd forgotten that Wade only did 2 numbers in Season 4. I don't even remember if we knew why. I remember Nigel called him out (so to speak) for his choreography for Sara & Lacey's Top 4 duet in Season 3, but I don't think his ego was so fragile that that would be the cause of the reduced number.

He had done 7 routines in Season 3 (4 duets and 2 Group Routines & the same Solo for all the Top 10) and he did 4 in Season 5 (2 duets and 2 Group routines).

4 hours ago, Anothermi said:

Oh Yes!!!  This group did more dances by top 6 than most of the Top 4 have done before or since! And yet only Jessica King "dropped out" due to injury.  Her treatment by the Judges was the only negative thing about this Season. Some of us speculated that TPTB put pressure on her (didn't matter what kind) to influence her to drop out because they were Sooooooo negative towards her. The upside of that was we got a great Mark/Comfort Hip Hop because she did drop out.

Jessica still got an incredibly memorable dance with Will before top 10 (by Tyce IIRC).

ETA: Looked up the Will/Jessica dance. It was "Silence" and it WON and Emmy for Tyce's choreography!

Agree.  They blamed Jessica for anything going wrong in their (Will/Jessica) performances.  Will hated it so that he took up for her during the critique.  Mia even made a statement about her core not being strong.  Then we found out about the rib.  She was so underrated.  They tried to down her Olisa & Cicely hip hop.  I thought this was one of her better performances.  But she got the last laugh since Silence won the Emmy.

Olisa & Cicely were also new choreographers during this season.  They didn't last.  I THINK because Nigel didn't appreciate the beauty of their art. He preferred NappyTabs style and the viewers loved the contemporary-type hip hop as well.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, kechara said:

2, 3 and 4 were my favourites. The only problem I had with 4 was the lack of Wade

I loved seasons 1-7 but 4 was different for me.  And I'm glad that Mia loved S4 as well.  Season 1 had so much randomness/freshness.  Season 5 was the versatile contemporary dancers answer to the Season 4 versatile hip hoppers.  Season 6 was hampered with the fall schedule.  But they tried to elevate the tappers.  Season 7 was the use of all stars.  Execution was so good. 

After S7, I just watch because the dancers are so talented.  The game isn't played the same--best versatile dancer who performed during the competition period.  You know the chosen one by audition.  Then I play the game of seeing who else TPTB want in the F4.

• Love 3

Olisa & Cicely were also new choreographers during this season

And choreographed for Will and Jess.  A number that was so bizarrely under-rated and ranks right up there beside "Hip hip chin chin" with Danny and Lacey as my favourite dance ever.  I guess I'd say that Comfort and Cyrius's HH (Chris Scott) and Alex and Twitch's, and Comfort and Jasmine (both Nappytabs) and Twitch and Fikshun (Luther Brown) all jossle about at the top for precedence as numbers I just lurve.  

So interesting that S4 would be Mia's favourite season -- I sorta recall her becoming extremely publically unlikeable in s3 and s4.

The Choreographers have been listed for the Finale Night

Kristyn says Travis won't be there, but recorded his pieces.  One we know will be a Shaping Sound piece with Lex.

Only Mandy, Mia and Travis will be doing new pieces. Looking back on Season 11 when Rickey won, it seems they gave the top 4 -3 repeat dances-  Ricky got a 4th so I am giving Lex a fourth, but who knows he may not win. (Koine for the upset!)

Others in the top ten got a cameo or full dance. I thought Logan should get 2 dances since he was a surprise elimination, so the Shadow with Kaylee gives them both a duet, and Travis will probably submit his 'art piece'  for an Emmy nom. Also, I thought Logan deserves to dance his personal fave the Hip Hop with Allison.  He might even get to dance with Taylor if someone choses that Mark Kanemura piece.  Hopefully the NEW pieces will try to include more of the eliminated contestants as they will be fresh to dance and they'll be going on tour, so hopefully the finale will put them front and centre instead of the all stars, many of whom are not going on tour.

My Guesses on the Dances:

(many but not all are my faves, but this list might appeal to a cross section of dance fans, and also those dances (in addition to the repeats we saw last week) would be toured. But who knows my wish list is rarely granted ) 

Special Performances - Travis Wall promo, and Sean Chessman shout out for Emmy Nomination, and new pieces:

Special performance: Travis Wall -  Shaping Sound with Lex   (Travis Wall choreographer)

Mia Michaels - New Piece=possible Top 5 Girls Contemporary

Travis Wall-  New Piece= possible Top 5 Guys Contemporary

Mandy Moore - New Piece= Jazz/Latin possible opening routine for full cast

Reprise of dances throughout the season:

Cast dances:

Mandy Moore and Val Chmerkovskiy- Top 10 and All Stars Disco You Should Be Dancin' 

Mark Kanemura-Top 8 and All Stars Jazz Vogue Call Your Mother

Sean Cheesman- Top 7 Mini-Group Routine - I Rise.

(for the group dances I think they can be toured. It's not 20 but 12 dancers (top 10 plus Marko and Jasmine) on tour.)

Reprise Duets:

Travis Wall-   Shadow - Logan and Kaylee Contemporary

Mandy Korpinen and Elizabeth Petrin - Koine and Marko -Contemporary

Mia Michaels - Lex and Taylor- Contemporary

Val Chmerkovskiy - Koine and Kiki - Salsa 

Dmitry Chaplin - Kiki and Jenna - Cha Cha

Al Blackstone- Koine and Lex - Broadway

Mark Kanemura- Taylor and Logan - Jazz 

Spencer Liff - Lex and Taylor - Broadway

Christopher Scott- Logan and Allison - Hip Hop  (likely Jasmine to replace Allison for tour-)

Luther Brown- Lex and Kiki- Hip Hop

Luther Brown- Mark and Comfort  Hip Hop  ( likely Jasmine to replace Comfort for tour)

Poppin Pete-  Dassy and Fikshun - Hip Hop  (possible for tour if Mark or Marko can pop and lock)

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 1
On 9/22/2017 at 11:42 PM, crossover said:

Agree.  They blamed Jessica for anything going wrong in their (Will/Jessica) performances.  Will hated it so that he took up for her during the critique.  Mia even made a statement about her core not being strong.  Then we found out about the rib.  She was so underrated.  They tried to down her Olisa & Cicely hip hop.  I thought this was one of her better performances.  But she got the last laugh since Silence won the Emmy.

Olisa & Cicely were also new choreographers during this season.  They didn't last.  I THINK because Nigel didn't appreciate the beauty of their art. He preferred NappyTabs style and the viewers loved the contemporary-type hip hop as well.

I remember that Jessica was unfairly criticized and I thought she was a good dancer.  I'm, glad she had the last laugh with Silence since I loved that dance.  I also liked their hip-hop and don't know why the judges didn't like it either.

S4 did have my favorite Mia routine of all time and one that I still think is somewhat underrated.  Hometown Glory was my fave of all of her dances, though in part it was the execution.  Katee was fabulous in that number and Joshua was no slouch either.  Then again Katee was fabulous in almost anything.  She's the kind of dancer that would have made an incredible all star.  Good at partnering.  Incredibly versatile. Though seemingly she's had some sort of break with the show, probably for not playing the Nigel kiss ass game.  Though she was in the audience to support Mark (the contestant Mark) this season who I guess is a close friend.

3 hours ago, spanana said:

Though she was in the audience to support Mark (the contestant Mark) this season who I guess is a close friend.

I miss Katee! She DID seem to fade away (a bit like Sabra did) but I know she did some teaching gigs that Mark K did as well. I can't help but think both these women knew what they wanted from Dance and TV fame wasn't it.

I also missed seeing Katee in the audience. Do you remember which one? I know it would have to be Ep 10 - 7. Do you remember which one? I'd like to play "Where's Katee?"

39 minutes ago, Anothermi said:

I miss Katee! She DID seem to fade away (a bit like Sabra did) but I know she did some teaching gigs that Mark K did as well. I can't help but think both these women knew what they wanted from Dance and TV fame wasn't it.

I also missed seeing Katee in the audience. Do you remember which one? I know it would have to be Ep 10 - 7. Do you remember which one? I'd like to play "Where's Katee?"

Here is her instagram post, so you can probably figure it out from that.  I think it might have been the week before Mark went home?  From what I can tell she's been trying her hand at acting and she's done some bit parts on things like New Girl and Rosewood and she seems to be filming something now.

• Love 1