Type keyword(s) to search

SYTYCD in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, luvthepros said:

What am I missing? Who are the All-Stars?

Comfort Fedoke (season 4), Lex Ishimoto (season 14), Amy Yakima (season 10), Ezra Sosa (season 16), Koine Iwasaki (season 14), Bailey Munoz (season 16).

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I'm there for Comfort any time she shows.  Look at how far back she goes and look at how amazing she has become.  I think it's so cool that they still want her when they almost tanked her.  Still sorry for Jessica King though.

I like Lex too.  The rest were fairly non memorable to me.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Comfort Fedoke (season 4), Lex Ishimoto (season 14), Amy Yakima (season 10), Ezra Sosa (season 16), Koine Iwasaki (season 14), Bailey Munoz (season 16).

Thanks.

Jessica was Will Wingfield's partner.  I felt their brilliance was overlooked a lot of the time.  He was so amazing.  She was very very good and that was rarely acknowledged.

They mostly got crapped on for this number, for example, which was all kinds of amazeballs at the time, 2008? (it always struck me there was something dance-political about that diss).  Unfortunately, there isn't a very clear copy of it up on youtube - starts at 2.28 after the mini pkge and the choreo (TWO MINUTES+ show, jus'sayin'):

Will Jess Hip Hop

Anyhow, Comfort was booted top 10 and then replaced Jess immediately when Jess had an injury.  It was great for Comfort.  She went from demonstrable strength to demonstrable strength in the last 10.

• Love 3
On 7/11/2022 at 7:05 PM, crowceilidh said:

Jessica was Will Wingfield's partner.  I felt their brilliance was overlooked a lot of the time.  He was so amazing.  She was very very good and that was rarely acknowledged.

They mostly got crapped on for this number, for example, which was all kinds of amazeballs at the time, 2008? (it always struck me there was something dance-political about that diss).  Unfortunately, there isn't a very clear copy of it up on youtube - starts at 2.28 after the mini pkge and the choreo (TWO MINUTES+ show, jus'sayin'):

Will Jess Hip Hop

Anyhow, Comfort was booted top 10 and then replaced Jess immediately when Jess had an injury.  It was great for Comfort.  She went from demonstrable strength to demonstrable strength in the last 10.

Thank you. I was just thinking about Will today. I remember that Jessica was unfairly thought of as not good. Did she end up at Travis’ company? 

1 hour ago, Pink ranger said:

I think that the press release is saying that this is the episode before the series finale. So an August 10 finale?

Oops. Dang you’re right. I misread it

I see our lovely SYTYCD season's winner Alexis Warr will be joining DWTS as a troupe member this year! I had hoped she would move to that show. Although I'm not sure yet whether I will get Disney + in order to watch this season, I'm excited for Alexis' participation...more so than any of the rumored stars who have been cast!

• Love 2
On 8/30/2022 at 11:58 PM, Melonie77 said:

I see our lovely SYTYCD season's winner Alexis Warr will be joining DWTS as a troupe member this year! I had hoped she would move to that show. Although I'm not sure yet whether I will get Disney + in order to watch this season, I'm excited for Alexis' participation...more so than any of the rumored stars who have been cast!

And Kione will be a new pro.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I am completely floored at this news. After Following both Twitch and Allison on Instagram, they seemed to have such a happy joyful marriage and such a beautiful family. It truly goes to show that you never know what someone is dealing with on the inside. How extremely heartbreaking. 💔

• Sad 17

I am gutted.  I saw the alert on my phone right before I went into a work meeting on camera and was just shocked, especially when I saw the reason.  We all agreed on my team as well that you just never know what someone is going through.  He was such a light and I hope he knew that when he was with us.

• Sad 11

I am heartbroken for his family and friends. tWitch was hands-down my all-time favorite. His light, his wonderful dancing, his positive energy, and his generosity toward all of his dancing partners even when they were competing against each other were such a joy to watch. 

This is devastating news.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 11

There have been SYTYCD alums who've passed away, but this is just next level sad. Someone who appeared to be at the top of his game, happy in his personal and professional life, a beautiful family...you never really know anyone, do you? 

I will never be able to watch SYTYCD the same way. It was a show about light and joy, and now there is just a dark shadow over it. So, so sad. 

• Sad 9

I just can’t process this. Twitch was the one judge on this years panel who kept it real.He was the dancer who echoed the golden days of the show and gave us his all every single time. The show can’t be the same because for me he was the heart of the show, he loved it and respected the genres and really went out there to learn and perfect his craft. I’m richer for having the opportunity to watch his performances.  With all due respect to his Allison, his family, The Ellen show and his various projects that celebrated them, I reflect now on Twitch, himself, the guy who had to audition more than once but never gave up on himself. This is why it feels so out of character that he would contemplate this final chapter. I know mental illness is a stealthy beast, but this blindsided so many including me. 

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 6
  • Love 2

I feel the same. I heard the news yesterday at our office holiday party, of all places. I was completely stunned. Like you said, it's very hard to process. When you hear of a celebrity passing, obviously it's sad, sometimes it's shocking, but this ... just doesn't compute. It's just so awfully tragic to contemplate the pain that must have been inside him, when he radiated such joy, love, and light.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

I understand depression all too well. While there is never one simple reason for how it affects our actions, I do know that (however rewarding), constantly trying to mentor other people and, in the case of judging on SYTYCD, be the professional in the room can be wearing. And tWitch gave so much of himself to so many... I have no doubt he kept the demons away when he danced; and that his family's love buoyed him through many a rough patch (I also pray they know this).  From the sounds of it, the black dog has been in close pursuit for a long time...    

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
On 12/15/2022 at 1:02 PM, bourbon said:

There have been SYTYCD alums who've passed away, but this is just next level sad. Someone who appeared to be at the top of his game, happy in his personal and professional life, a beautiful family...you never really know anyone, do you? 

I will never be able to watch SYTYCD the same way. It was a show about light and joy, and now there is just a dark shadow over it. So, so sad. 

I worry about Alison so much. She's a dancer, it's what she does to make her living and it's what she loves, but I also can't imagine how the entire concept of dancing isn't ruined for her for a long time, if not forever. SYTYCD gave her so much (it's where she started her professional dance career as an eighteen year old) but it's also the show that introduced her to tWitch. They met, fell in love, and married because of that show. They married at Nigel's ranch. How can Alison ever return to SYTYCD as an All-Star with memories of tWitch everywhere she turned?

• Sad 4
On 12/18/2022 at 10:48 PM, LexieLily said:

Danny Tidwell, season three, car accident. 

I didn’t know that! 😥😢 I remember Travis saying his brother died during COVID and I never made the connection. 

Edited by healthnut
  • Sad 1

Fox has put out their Summer schedule and for now, the show is not on it. It could just be announced later or it could be canceled. The press release did say “additional summer programming to be announced”. We’ll likely hear something in the next few months

• Sad 5
On 12/1/2023 at 2:50 PM, LexieLily said:

So You Think You Can Dance is back!

I was just on the DWTS forum and saw that link that someone posted. It was a reply to a post I made about missing SYTYCD so much.

I'm so happy to hear SYTYCD is filming again. I'd love to see Nigel back on the judge's panel.

Cat Deeley has not been announced yet as host but I surely want to see her back too.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Love 1

Cat will be back as host.

Judges will be Nigel, Alison Hoeker, Comfort Fedoke, and DWTS alum Maksim Chmerkovskiy.  This has the makings of a good panel

set to air Mar 4 at 9PM

• Like 6
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, pally said:

Cat will be back as host.

Judges will be Nigel, Alison Holker, Comfort Fedoke, and DWTS alum Maksim Chmerkovskiy.  This has the makings of a good panel.

This low-key might be the best panel since the glory days. Say what you will about him but I'm so glad they got Nigel back, Maks is the ballroom representation, Comfort is a hip-hop girl and Allison is one of the best contemporary girls the show has seen (and also can be there as judge in tWitch's honor.)

Reading more about the show itself, though....

Season 18 will infuse the long-running dance competition with a new format “reflecting the authentic experience of building a successful career in dance, as so many So You Think You Can Dance alums have.”

Namely, each week, contestants will compete in new, intense dance challenges that will give them a real taste of the career, from performing in a music video or a football halftime show to going toe-to-toe on stage with a Broadway performer.

That sounds different, not going to lie, and not the show it used to be. So it's going to be all individual now, no partnerships?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 2