Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3: news & updates

Bummer though it is for us, this is going to make Hannibal much more popular, I think. It might even keep the series on the air for many more years.

There's just not much competition in summer.

• Love 1

Oh for fucks sake. But, yeah, hopefully this will mean a better time slot and more ratings. It's not like they need to keep it on Fridays because the 47 people who watched it live won't find it on another day.

This move worries me. Is NBC trying to give the show a better chance of finding an audience during the summer reruns? Is NBC signaling this will be the final season of the show by moving it to a time of the year where it will naturally die on the vine?

I'm bothered by this for several reasons.  Letting more than a year lapse between airings of a show is a good way to lose an audience.  Hannibal is more suited to winter than summer, and winter is when the show tends to take place.  And of course they waited so close to the anticipated start time (based on previous seasons) to say something that it feels like a snub against the fans that they have. 

I hope the move will earn new fans, but if NBC is looking for 'Nielsen' households to tune in, they are going to continue to be disappointed.  There are few shows that I follow live (or live +3), and it irritates me that one of those few is getting pushed around.  I know, I'm grateful it was renewed at all.  But a petty part of me wants to know what am I going to watch in March.

I don't suppose NBC will pull a Netflix and release all the Season 3 episodes online at once.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I was really looking forward to it coming back by April, and I don't wanna wait any longer. On the other, I'm thinking, NBC realizes that the show is never going to be a ratings powerhouse and knows its core audience will probably follow it anywhere. So, they're probably thinking it won't lose too much in the ratings--it can only go up, right?

But damn it, I've already waited too long!

• Love 1

I'm wondering how the recent X-Files quasi-announcement will affect Gillian Anderson's role in the show (for later seasons). I'm hoping it won't/will. Heh.

Edited by mledawn

That's great news. A terrific performer who has already established good professional rapport - and chemistry - with Dancy. I'm a little concerned about 

the large time jump for Episode Eight

, but they've earned my trust on this show so I'll wait and see.

Edited by TudorQueen
  • Love 1

SWEET!  Yes, they're great together!  I love that Fuller intentionally casts people (Arianda, Mikkelsen) who have real-life chemistry with Dancy and use that additional spark to fuel the interactions between the characters.

• Love 1

Oh, she should be terrific. She's a good actress, and has great presence. Reba's a good character and has always been played by gifted actresses (Joan Allen, Emily Watson). I'm intrigued by the idea of her and Richard Armitage sharing the screen.

• Love 2

I think a lot of them are European. Didn't they film in Rome?

Fuller told Zap2It that they'd be filming the exteriors across Europe and the interiors in Toronto - hoping that the transition would be seamless. The article has some minor spoilers about where they filmed and then old casting speculation.

Nice biker jacket but I don't know if Hannibal's peeved expression is going to draw in people who aren't already watchers. The poster with Gillian Anderson is visually compelling and has a Hitchcockian vibe.

• Love 1

I have to say, I'm not actually too excited about this upcoming season. With the talk about the first part of the season leaving Will and Hannibal in different countries, I find my interest diminished. I always loved their interaction and knowing that's going to be missing makes me unhappy.

I have to say, I'm not actually too excited about this upcoming season. With the talk about the first part of the season leaving Will and Hannibal in different countries, I find my interest diminished. I always loved their interaction and knowing that's going to be missing makes me unhappy.

To be fair, even if they would be in the same state they probably wouldn't interact much because Hannibal would still be hiding. And half a season of Hannibal eluding the law is not too much, I think. It would be a bit silly if Will found him straight away. I'm crazy excited! But not everyone has to be, obviously.

• Love 2

They may have limited interactions but based on spoilers and the teaser, it looks like when they are together it's going to be fantastic.  I'm really looking forward to savoring those moments.  Besides, Bryan Fuller said that the relationship between Will and Hannibal is going to be the focus of the series.

• Love 2

I wish I was excited. I'm still not feeling it. I'm sure Mads will sell the hell out of it but, as much as I enjoy Gillian (worship her in The Fall) I'm just not interested in watching Mads cook his way through Europe with her.

I'm having the same problem. Gillian Anderson is wonderful and I like Bedelia well enough, but I thought her previous airtime was just the right amount. I'll still watch every episode, since it sounds like the second half at least will be more to my taste, but I'm surprised to find that the new promos kind of dampened my enthusiasm a bit. It isn't even that I expected us to follow the same formula for the entire series, I just wasn't expecting my first live-watched premiere of this show to be... this. It just doesn't feel satisfying. Still, we have a gorgeously filmed show with excellent actors and interesting writing (which is sadly more than most shows can claim), so I'll just remind myself that change is good and try to enjoy the early episodes as much as I can. And it's entirely possibly that Fuller will really wow me, and I'll wonder what I was ever worried about.

I am wondering how this will affect new viewers, though. During the hiatus I've convinced a couple of friends to check out the series, and Hannibal & Bedelia's Italian Adventures is not the story I sold them.

I trust Bryan Fuller. I think we'll have all the same gruesome beauty we always have, along with the psychological aspect--Lecter will be toying with Bedelia just like he has Will, and killing/eating his way through the rude of Italy. Personally, I'm very excited about it.

• Love 4

I don't think I've seen Will in any of the promos, going by them he's not even on the show anymore.

He's in the promo linked about four posts above yours. I haven't seen a promo without him, to be honest.

• Love 2

I'm so excited for this new season! I'm glad that I only started watching this show a few months ago so I didn't have to endure the long wait for season 3. I don't know if I could have handled it :)

Here's an interview (includes SPOILERS) with Bryan Fuller about the new season