Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

(edited)

KC's new indie film...

‘Hannibal Boards Series ‘Paper Empire’; Utopia Launches ‘Shit & Champagne’; Katie Cassidy, Harlow Jane Join Crime Pic — EFM & Global Briefs
By Andreas Wiseman   March 2, 2021 
https://deadline.com/2021/03/hannibal-boards-series-paper-empire-utopia-launches-shit-katie-cassidy-harlow-jane-join-crime-pic-efm-global-briefs-1234704622/ 

EXCLUSIVE: 2B Films’ Danny A. Abeckaser is set to direct I Love Us. The romantic crime-drama is being produced by Abeckaser along with Wild7Films’ Kyle Stefanski and Mike Hermosa, and Above The Clouds’ Jeff Hoffman. Pic will star Abeckaser, Katie Cassidy, Robert Davi, David James Elliot, Jackie Cruz, Harlow Jane, Jasper Polish and Greg Finley. Script comes from Kosta Kondilopoulos. The film will follow a seasoned thief who trades in his criminal ways for a “normal” married life. But when tragedy strikes, he’s forced to take “one last job” in order to pay off old debts and keep his new family together, creating conflict all around him.

Danny A. Abeckaser launches new crime film ‘I Love Us’
by Frankie Stein   Feb. 24, 2021
https://filmdaily.co/indie-film/danny-a-abeckaser-i-love-us/

Filmmaker Danny A. Abeckaser has announced that his next release will be the family crime drama I Love Us. The film will delve into the relationship between a seasoned thief named Sammy Silver who vows to give up his criminal ways when he finds true love. Once tragedy strikes, however, the thief is forced to accept one last job to keep his new family together.
The upcoming film boasts a stellar ensemble cast made up of Katie Cassidy, Robert Davi, David James Elliot, Jackie Cruz, Greg Finley, Jasper Polish, and Harlow Jane. Additional supporting roles will be filled by James Madio, Courtney Lopez, Elya Baskin, Eliad Nachum, Duke George, George Andreakis, Rodney Rinks, Frank Florio, Diana Madison and Dana Davis.

Katie Cassidy will play Sammy’s wife Laura, and is best known for her role in The CW’s Arrow. She’s also the daughter of 70s singer David Cassidy. Harlow Jane and Jasper Polish will play Sammy’s daughters, and both actresses have famous real-life parents as well. Jane is the real-life daughter of actors Patricia Arquette & Thomas Jane, and Jasper Polish is the real-life daughter of Michael Polish and step-daughter of Kate Bosworth.
Danny A. Abeckaser will play Sammy Silver himself, which is a no-brainer given his impressive string of screen credits. He appeared in Martin Scorsese’s Oscar-nominated film The Irishman (2019), alongside Robert De Niro and Al Pacino, and he is slated to appear in the upcoming mob epic Lansky opposite Sam Worthington and Harvey Keitel. He’s able to bring tremendous depth to gangsters on screen, and the fact that he has worked with some of the greatest actors of all time only compounds his screen presence.

I Love Us is written by Kosta Kondilopoulos and produced by Kyle Stefanski, Mike Hermosa, Jeff Hoffman, and Abeckaser. The film will also be executive produced by Ron Rofe, Isaac Gindi, Eddie Gindi, Gustavo Nascimento, and Katie Cassidy.

Harlow Jane Boards Danny A. Abeckaser's 'I Love Us' Drama
by Etan Vlessing   Feb. 23, 2021
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/harlow-jane-boards-danny-a-abeckasers-i-love-us-drama

Jane and Polish will play daughters of veteran thief Sammy Silver (Abeckaser), while Cassidy will play their mother.

I Love Us, written by Kosta Kondilopoulos, sees Silver struggle to trade his criminal ways for married life after he falls in love with a single mother.  The ensemble cast includes James Madio, Greg Finley, Courtney Lopez and David James Elliot.
The indie is produced by Abeckaser, Kyle Stefanski, Mike Hermosa and Jeff Hoffman.

Cassidy, Ron Rofe, Isaac Gindi, Eddie Gindi and Gustavo Nascimento share the executive producer credits.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I don't know if the upcoming new NBC comedy, Grand Crew, is the series that LMG is tweeting about, but Grand Crew's IMDb page currently lists both LaMonica Garrett and Echo Kellum among the cast...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11717806/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

The press release published two months ago about Grand Crew mentioned EK but not LMG...
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/nbc-grand-crew-american-auto-la-brea-2021-2022-season-1234883752/ 

“Grand Crew” stars Echo Kellum, Justin Cunningham, Carl Tart, Aaron Jennings, and Nicole Byer. It is about a group of Black friends who unpack the ups and downs of life and love at a wine bar.

Or maybe LMG is tweeting about landing a role on an entirely different new TV series.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Same EK role but for different show..

The Flash Showrunner Eric Wallace Wants Episodes for Kid Flash, Mr. Terrific
By RUSS BURLINGAME - March 1, 2021
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/eric-wallace-the-flash-season-7-interview/

The first, not a Flash-related character, is Mr. Terrific. The character, who was a regular on Arrow, is notable because [Flash EP Eric] Wallace wrote a well-reviewed run on the Mr. Terrfiic comic book series during DC's The New 52 publishing initiative.

"We're working on it," Wallace said of an appearance by Curtis Holt (Echo Kellum), noting that he had actually reached out to Marc Guggenheim about he possibility shortly after Arrow ended. "I'd like to see him, not just as the character, but I'd like to see some T-sphere action taken to the next level. You get a little bit crazier and comic bookier. I don't know how soon we can do it; COVID has shrunk our season, so unfortunately a lot of those plans have kind of gone out the window. So I don't know if we'll get to it this year, but yes, that is on my to-do list."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

KM is doing promotion for her new film, Trust, which is coming out on March 12 in selected theaters and on demand - in this interview, she talked mostly about her role of Amy in Trust and that film's message...

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live with Cherry Picks - March 5th
Golden Warrior   Mar 5, 2021

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

KM has landed a role in another movie, Agent Game...

Dermot Mulroney, Katherine McNamara, Rhys Coiro, Annie Ilonzeh & Mel Gibson Join ‘Agent Game’ Spy Thriller
By Amanda N'Duka     March 5, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/03/mel-gibson-dermot-mulroney-katherine-mcnamara-agent-game-spy-thriller-1234708198/

EXCLUSIVE: Dermot Mulroney, Katherine McNamara, Rhys Coiro, Annie Ilonzeh, and Oscar-winner Mel Gibson have signed on for the indie spy thriller Agent Game, which is being directed by Grant S. Johnson (Nighthawks). Mike Langer and Tyler W. Konney wrote the screenplay, which is set in the murky world of CIA renditions.

The plot follows Harris (Mulroney), a CIA officer involved in missions to detain and relocate foreign nationals for interrogation. When a political shift in Washington turns his allies into enemies, Harris finds himself the scapegoat for a detainee’s murder and must run from a team of operatives sent to bring him in (McNamara and Coiro), led by a ruthless double agent (Ilonzeh). Gibson has a small role as an intelligence official running the unsanctioned covert operation to hunt down the disgraced spy.
McNamara, best known for starring in the YA series Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments and Arrow, has a recurring role in CBS’ The Stand, a series adaptation of the Stephen King novel. She is repped by Atlas Artists and CAA.

Mel-Gibson.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

David Ramsey Directing Superman & Lois Episode 7
Craig Byrne   March 4, 2021
http://www.kryptonsite.com/david-ramsey-directing-superman-lois-episode-7/

Vancouver production charts have revealed the director of the seventh episode of Superman & Lois and it’s a very familiar face!

David Ramsey, who starred as John Diggle on eight seasons of Arrow, is set to helm Superman & Lois Episode 7 as part of his deal to direct across the Arrowverse this year. He’s also expected to guest star on multiple series at this time; we don’t know if this would also be his guest shot as well. It will be interesting to see how John Diggle factors in to the story considering how Superman & Lois has been very detached from the larger world of DC TV on The CW so far.

A title for the seventh episode of Superman & Lois has not yet been revealed. And, no, we don’t know if he will be bringing a green ring with him…

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

First look photos for Heels. 

I'm just laughing at the literal spade on SA's speedoed ass and the "chest or legs" swapsies they have with him and Alexander Ludwig. 

https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/03/heels-first-look-promotional-photos.html

Rick Gonzalez "Langdon" aka Da Vinci Code The Series got picked up. 

https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/03/langdon-nbc-pilot-ordered-to-series-at.html

Edited by Featherhat
  • LOL 3

More promo for KM's new movie, Trust...

Interview With The Cast of 'TRUST'
Fangirlish   Mar 8, 2021

Victoria Justice & Kat McNamara Say Who Their Hall Passes Would Be!
SweetyHigh    Mar 10, 2021 

21 hours ago, tv echo said:

I don't know which is worse better - the front shot or the back shot of SA and AL...

I don't know, I don't find either flattering to SA to be honest but the spade on his ass just looks hilarious (in a bad way). But then I find most wrestling costumes hilarious and speedos awful so I'm probably the wrong audience. I preferred the girls in GLOW. 

• LOL 1

New promo for The Stand (includes KM)...

The Stand | Randall Flagg's New Vegas | Paramount+
Paramount Plus   Mar 10, 2021

FYI, Paramount+ has posted the first episode of The Stand on YouTube. You can watch it for free here (about 1 hour).

Edited by tv echo

Cherry Picks' Cherry Chat did an Instagram Live interview with Anna Hopkins on March 10 - they chatted about AH's new film, For the Record, which premieres at SXSW next week...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMPxzfkFjek/

SXSW program info on For the Record:
https://online.sxsw.com/event/sxsw-online/planning/UGxhbm5pbmdfMzM1Mjcz?_ga=2.154475448.163435210.1615469920-508161906.1615469920

For the Record
Wednesday, March 17, 2021 11:00 AM to 11:11 AM
Synopsis: Ray and Angela just broke up. What if music had the power to bring them back together? Follow the iconic songs that make up the unforgettable soundtrack for a uniquely interconnected cast of characters.
Cast: Anna Hopkins, Julian De Zotti, Lyriq Bent, Alexandra Beaton, Karen LeBlanc, Maurice Dean Wint, Kyra Clavell, Moni Ogunsuyi, Alannah Ong, Johnny Orlando
Language: English
Runtime: 11
Premiere Status: International Premiere
This film has not been rated. #FTRSeries

Edited by tv echo

Congrats to KL...

‘NCIS’: Katrina Law Joins CBS Series As Recurring
By Denise Petski     March 10, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/03/ncis-katrina-law-cbs-series-recurring-1234711878/

EXCLUSIVE: Katrina Law (Hawaii Five-O) is joining CBS’ NCIS in a recurring role.

Law will play NCIS REACT Special Agent Jessica Knight, a formidable REACT Team agent who specializes in hostage negotiations and handles daily high-risk operations with skill and precision. Sharp, athletic and tough, she was raised by a single mother and had to fight for everything in life and is damn good at it. Fiercely tenacious and with a wry sense of humor, Jessica is married to a stay-at-home dad who is raising their infant son.

Law’s story arc will cross over the last two episodes of the current 18th season. She is recurring, with an option for series regular next season if the series is renewed.
Law was most recently seen as Quinn Lue in Hawaii Five-O. Her other previous credits include the role of Karen Beach in Sony Crackle’s The Oath, and the recurring role of Nyssa Al Ghul on the CW’s Arrow. Law was a series regular on CBS’ Training Day and starred as Mira in Starz’s series Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus: Vengeance. She’s repped by David Lederman, Innovative Artists and Joel Stevens Entertainment.

Edited by tv echo

Elysia Rotaru is voicing Black Canary in this new animated feature (coming out on Digital on Apr. 20, 2021, and on 4K Ultra HD™ Blu-ray Combo Pack and Blu-ray™ on May 11, 2021)...

Justice Society WWII | Trailer | Warner Bros. Entertainment
Warner Bros. Entertainment   Feb 4, 2021

Justice Society: World War II finds modern-day Barry Allen – prior to the formation of the Justice League – discovering he can run even faster than he imagined, and that milestone results in his first encounter with the Speed Force. The Flash is promptly launched into the midst of a raging battle – primarily between Nazis and a team of Golden Age DC Super Heroes known as The Justice Society of America. Led by Wonder Woman, the group includes Hourman, Black Canary, Hawkman, Steve Trevor and the Golden Age Flash, Jay Garrick. The Flash quickly volunteers to assist his fellow heroes in tipping the scales of war in their favor, while the team tries to figure out how to send him home. But it won’t be easy as complications and emotions run deep in this time-skipping World War II thriller.

Voice Talent:
Wonder Woman - Stana Katic
Barry Allen/Flash - Matt Bomer
Black Canary - Elysia Rotaru
Hawkman - Omid Abtahi
Steve Trevor - Chris Diamantopoulos
Hourman - Matthew Mercer
Jay Garrick/Flash - Armen Taylor
Aquaman - Liam McIntyre

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

TVLine's reaction to KL's new gig on NCIS...

Can NCIS Lighten Up? Was New Flash Speedster Cool? What the Fork, TWD? Jeopardy Too Gleeful? And More Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso, Mekeisha Madden Toby, Keisha Hatchett and Charlie Mason / March 12 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/03/12/ncis-season-18-three-consecutive-sad-episodes-tv-questions/

16 | Over three consecutive episodes, NCIS has A) killed off Palmer’s wife, B) had Jack leave the team and C) killed off Fornell’s young daughter. Has it all been a bit much, so close together? And while we’re usually very chill about CBS’ “connected” shows recycling actors, NCIS adding Katrina Law barely a year after Hawaii Five-0 ended is a bit soon, right? (But better than her being cast on NCIS: Hawaii, we suppose!)

Edited by tv echo

Katrina Law is one of the few people who could get me back to watching NCIS.

On 3/11/2021 at 11:15 AM, tv echo said:

Black Canary - Elysia Rotaru

Poppy!  Ironic to be the Black Canary now.

Having seen her in other things, I think that I was kind of unfair to her. It wasn't her fault that season 4 was a mess.

• LOL 2

Heels Preview: When Mary McCormack's Willie Speaks, Jack & Ace Listen
Posted on March 17, 2021 | by Ray Flook 
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/heels-preview-when-mary-mccormacks-willie-speaks-jack-ace-listen/

The last time we checked in on STARZ's Heels, we were getting our first look at Stephen Amell (Arrow) and Alexander Ludwig's (Vikings) Jack and Ace Spade- and now it's time to look at the rest of the DWL wrestling family. First up, we have our first look at Mary McCormack's (The Kids Are Alright) Willie- the business partner of Jack Spade (Amell) and logistical brains behind the local wrestling organization who came up in the glory days as former-wrestler-turned scout Wild Bill's (Chris Bauer) valet but grew tired of babysitting and left him just as his career took off. His return to the local circuit complicates her life, as does the reflection of her younger self that she sees in Crystal (Kelli Berglund), a current, 20-year-old wrestler's valet. To say she's no-nonsense would be an understatement- and as you're about to see in the following preview image when Willie tells you to do something? You listen- and you do it.
EwskKGFXMAkFr7Z.jpeg 

Edited by tv echo

Brendan Fletcher recently appeared in Superman and Lois, playing a completely different DC character...

Brendan Fletcher Is the First Actor to Portray This 1988 DC Villain on-Screen
BY PRETTY HONORE   MAR. 23 2021
https://www.distractify.com/p/who-is-thaddeus-killgrave-in-superman-and-lois 

In Episode 4 of Superman & Lois, we meet the psychotic genius after he eludes General Sam Lane’s army, and social media was psyched. On Twitter, old-school fans of the comic expressed how happy they were to see Thaddeus Killgrave appear on-screen for the first time, more than 30 years after the character was created. 
If you watched the March 16 episode of Superman & Lois and thought Thaddeus Killgrave looked kind of familiar but not so familiar at all, you’re right. One user tweeted that Brendan Fletcher was almost unrecognizable in his new role, but he’s not new to the Arrowverse.

Brendan Fletcher was previously cast as Stanley Dover, the Star City Slayer in Arrow, which was another role where he played a psychotic killer who attempted to escape from prison, and some users wonder if the stories are somehow connected.

Edited by tv echo
4 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Clé Bennett, who played The Mayor in 2x04, is Lemar Hoskins/Battlestar in "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier"

He so often pops up in shows filmed in Vancouver/Toronto, so it's nice to see him getting a more high profile role. 

• Love 2

Remember Thea's boyfriend, Alex? The actor who played him, Parker Young, is starring in a new CBS sitcom, The United States of Al (premiering April 1)...

United States Of Al | Season 1 Official Trailer | CBS
CBS    Mar 4, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

On March 19, Brian Dietzen posted an Instagram pic of himself with Katrina Law and Emily Wickersham on the NCIS set...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMnPC6cB78L/ 

briankdietzen Friday fun fact: When you spend a Friday morning delivering copious amounts of medical exposition, it’s made much easier if you have @emilywickersham and @katrinalaw as scene partners. #NCIS

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

‘4400’: Joseph David-Jones & Khailah Johnson Join The CW Series Reboot
By Nellie Andreeva    March 30, 2021 
https://deadline.com/2021/03/4400-joseph-david-jones-khailah-johnson-the-cw-1234724833/ 

The CW’s reimagining of 2004 USA Network sci-fi drama series The 4400 has brought in its first cast members. Arrow alum Joseph David-Jones and newcomer Khailah Johnson have joined the project, which has a straight-to-series order and has shortened its title to 4400. (The CW also abbreviated the title to its Powerpuff Girls reboot to Powerpuff.)

In the new version, 4400 overlooked, undervalued, or otherwise marginalized people — two of them played by David-Jones and Johnson — who vanished without a trace over the last hundred years are all returned in an instant, having not aged a day and with no memory of what happened to them. As the government races to analyze the potential threat and contain the story, the 4400 themselves must grapple with the fact that they’ve been returned with a few…upgrades, and the increasing likelihood that they were all brought back now for a specific reason.
David-Jones will play Rev Johnson who was raised in a powerful and affluent church family and disappeared in the 1990s. While he is a man of true faith and compassion, he is accustomed to the power and clout afforded by his position. He will emerge as a natural leader among the 4400.
4400 hails from Riverdale co-executive producer Ariana Jackson and Anna Fricke, who successfully rebooted Walker, Texas Ranger for the CW.

ETA: I couldn't find a Primetimer forum for 4400.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Grant Gustin to Star in Netflix Real-Life Drama 'Rescued by Ruby'
11:00 AM PST 2/25/2021 by Mia Galuppo
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/grant-gustin-to-star-in-netflix-real-life-drama-rescued-by-ruby 

Grant Gustin will star in the real-life drama Rescued by Ruby, which has landed at Netflix.

Gustin will play Dan, a state trooper that dreams of joining the K-9 search and rescue team, but no one will give him the chance. The rest of the logline reads: "Shelter dog Ruby dreams of having a home but is running out of hope. When fate brings Dan and Ruby together, it's their unshakable bond that helps them face their toughest challenge yet."

Katt Shea is set to direct with A Walk to Remember scripter Karen Janszen penning the drama based on the short stories “Ruby: A Dogwink Story” and "Dogwink Ruby."

NEW MOVIE: True-Story Police & Canine Partnership RESCUED BY RUBY Starring THE FLASH’S Grant Gustin to Film in Victoria This June
April 1, 2021  
http://www.hollywoodnorth.buzz/2021/04/new-movie-true-story-police-canine-partnership-rescued-by-ruby-starring-the-flashs-grant-gustin-to-film-in-victoria-this-june.html

A true story police & canine movie Rescued by Ruby starring The Flash’s Grant Gustin to film in Victoria this June.

Filming dates: June 1st to July 9th.

Ruby had an awful lot of energy. Her original owner surrendered her to the Rhode Island Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals because of her generally “unmanageable” personality. The cute pup was quickly adopted and then returned – five times. Things were looking pretty grim for the border collie/Australian shepherd mix. Hours away from being euthanized, officer Daniel O’Neil (Grant Gustin) was smitten with the 8 month-old puppy. He thought she had potential and decided to pursue his dream of being a canine officer. Could this be his new partner? This is the true story of how these two underdogs found their dream together.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

LEXA DOIG, STARGATE AND ARROW VET, JOINS 'CHUCKY' PLAY DATE AT SYFY AND USA (EXCLUSIVE)
Josh Weiss    Apr 2, 2021
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/lexa-doig-cast-in-chucky-tv-series-syfy-usa 

Chucky's start of production isn't the only big news related to the killer project coming to SYFY and USA this fall. SYFY WIRE can exclusively reveal that Lexa Doig, known for roles in Stargate: SG1 (Dr. Carolyn Lam) and The CW's Arrow (Talia al Ghul), has joined the cast as Bree Webber. Married to Logan (played by Devon Sawa), she is the aunt of Jake Webber (Zackary Arthur), one of the teenage leads in the 10-episode series. According to the official character description, Bree is held to an unrealistic standard — by her husband and herself, which leads her to keep a dark secret from her family.
Child's Play veterans Brad Dourif and Jennifer Tilly are returning as Chucky and Tiffany Valentine, respectively. Teo Briones (Junior Webber), Alyvia Alyn Lind (Lexy Taylor), Björgvin Arnarson (Devon Lopez), Barbara Alyn Woods (Mayor Michelle Cross), and Dourif's own daughter, Fiona, co-star. Fiona appeared in two previous Child's Play entries, but her specific role in Chucky is being kept under wraps. As for the story itself, the series unfolds in a small American town that is thrown into turmoil after a Chucky doll shows up at a local yard sale and starts killing people left, right, and center — as he is wont to do.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

New Paul Blackthorne gig...

‘America’s Got Talent’s Howie Mandel & More Set As Voice Cast Of ‘Pierre The Pigeon-Hawk’ Animated Film
By Amanda N'Duka    April 1, 2021
https://deadline.com/2020/04/americas-got-talent-howie-mandel-pierre-the-pigeon-hawk-animated-film-1202897791/ 

America’s Got Talent judge Howie Mandel, Luis Guzmán (Traffic), Paul Blackthorne (The CW’s Arrow), Jamal Trulove (The Last Black Man in San Francisco), Evan Ross (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 and Part 2), and Ashlee Simpson (Space Dogs: Adventure to the Moon) will lend their voice to the musically driven aminated feature Pierre The Pigeon-Hawk, from director John D. Eraklis. They are joining previously announced voice cast members Nick Cannon, Whoopi Goldberg, Jennifer Coolidge and Kenan Thompson.

will.i.am, Jennifer Hudson, Snoop Dogg Added To Voice Cast Of ‘Pierre The Pigeon-Hawk’
By Amanda N'Duka    April 6, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/04/will-i-am-jennifer-hudson-snoop-dogg-voice-cast-pierre-the-pigeon-hawk-1234728535/ 

The John D. Eraklis-directed animated feature Pierre The Pigeon-Hawk is adding more A-listers to its already star-studded voice cast. Grammy Award winner will.i.am (X-Men Origins: Wolverine), Oscar, Golden Globe, and Grammy award winner Jennifer Hudson (Dreamgirls, Sing), and multiplatinum-selling artist Snoop Dogg (The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run) have now on board, joining previously announced cast Whoopi Goldberg, Jennifer Coolidge, Kenan Thompson, Howie Mandel, Luis Guzmán, Domenick Lombardozzi, Paul Blackthorne, Jamal Trulove, Evan Ross, and Ashlee Simpson.

The film hails from Exodus Film Group. Set in NYC, the musically driven comedy centers on Pierre (will.i.am), born as a product of forbidden love between a hawk (Goldberg) and a pigeon (Mandel). Pierre is rejected by both communities. Tired of not fitting in, Pierre sets out on a mission to discover where he truly belongs.

During his adventure, he unites with a band of unlikely friends including a bear that has recently escaped from the Central Park Zoo, Ophelia the owl (Hudson) whose genius is outweighed only by her madness, and a pair of rag tag, pop-cultured city squirrels, including the attitude laden Scratch (Snoop) and Sniff (Thompson). Amidst a journey of self-discovery, Pierre finds the courage to inspire animals from all backgrounds to change their ways and open their minds to a new way of thinking. It will take a hybrid bird to unite a hybrid world.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

BREATHE, a new musical from #1 New York Times bestselling novelist Jodi Picoult (in her theatrical debut) and playwright Timothy Allen McDonald, will have its world premiere exclusively on OVERTURE+ on Friday, May 14th at 8 PM ET, it was announced today. Written as the COVID-19 pandemic unfolded, Breathe chronicles the virus's impact on five very different relationships. Told in five interlocking suites - each with a different songwriting team and director - Breathe features an all-star cast that includes Tony Award-winners Kelli O'Hara and Brian Stokes Mitchell, Patti Murin, Colin Donnell, Denée Benton, Rubén J. Carbajal, Matt Doyle, Max Clayton, Daniel Yearwood, T. Oliver Reid and Josh Davis.

Tickets are now available at BreatheMusical.com. The Original Cast Recording of Breathe will be released by Broadway Records on May 14 and available everywhere digital music is sold, and Music Theatre International will be licensing the show worldwide this summer.
Under the supervising direction of Tony Award nominee Jeff Calhoun, Breathe was filmed in March 2021 at the 92 Street Y's Kaufmann Concert Hall in New York City without an audience, in compliance with all New York State safety regulations. For most of the cast and crew, this marked their return to the stage and in-person performance since Broadway shut down on March 12, 2020.

Ranging from lighthearted to heartbreaking, unbelievable and all-too-real, Breathe traverses the COVID realities of parenting in quarantine, generational divides on Black Lives Matter, grief rituals via Zoom, and the vulnerabilities of intimacy and independence.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

When asked about upcoming projects, LMG said that he is working on a new action series for Amazon (not yet announced), which will take up "a good chunk" of 2021 for him...

Men of Delilah with LaMonica Garrett
Park City Television   Apr 9, 2021

No mention of her stint as McKenna Hall on Arrow...

‘Borderlands’: Janina Gavankar Joins Eli Roth’s Video Game Adaptation From Lionsgate
By Anthony D'Alessandro   April 12, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/04/borderlands-janina-gavankar-cast-eli-roth-lionsgate-video-game-1234732515/

EXCLUSIVE: Janina Gavankar has joined Eli Roth’s feature take of the Gearbox and 2K video game Borderlands at Lionsgate.

The Way Back and The Morning Show actress will play the role of Commander Knoxx, a new, key character being introduced to the Borderlands franchise. She joins Cate Blanchett, Kevin Hart, Jamie Lee Curtis, Ariana Greenblatt, Florian Munteanu, Edgar Ramirez, Haley Bennett, Olivier Richters, and Jack Black.
Gavankar recently completed production opposite Riz Ahmed and Octavia Spencer starring in the Amazon feature Invasion due to be released later this year. She was memorably cast as the female lead in Lionsgate’s 2018 Sundance favorite Blindspotting. On television, she is currently reprising her role alongside Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston and Steve Carell for Season 2 in Apple TV+’s Golden Globe nominated and Emmy winning series The Morning Show.  Her TV credits include Luna, the shapeshifter on HBO’s True Blood; and Diana Thomas, female lead of FOX’s Sleepy Hollow; among others.

Edited by tv echo

Update on SA's new series, Heels....

TVLine can now report that O’Malley — whose previous producing credits include Survivor’s Remorse (which he created) and who is familiar from roles on Snowpiercer, The Good Place and Glee — will play Heels‘ Charlie Gully, the owner and impresario of the Florida Wrestling Dystopia (FWD), a new wrestling promotion that is more interested in violent spectacle than telling a compelling story. Having made his fortunes up north in the world of fishing and outdoor sporting equipment, Gully is now dead set on ushering in a new territory war, and as such quickly clashes with Jack Spade and the DWL (Duffy Wrestling League).

Check out a first look at Gully above, in a scene with Ludwig’s Ace Spade.
Having recently wrapped filming, Heels is on track for a summer premiere.

Edited by tv echo

As previously reported, former Arrow actors, KM, KC and Annie Ilonzeh (Joanna), are all part of the cast of the new spy thriller, Agent Game. Yesterday KC posted a pic of herself on set with some of her fellow cast members and production team. This pic includes KC, Annie Ilonzeh, Dermot Mulroney, Jason Isaacs and director Grant Johnson. Her post also mentions producer/writer Tyler Konney. But no mention or pic of KM (I wonder if they even have any scenes together in this movie)...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNwPmvLA-9H/

katiecassidy Talk about a group of brilliant beings! @agentgamemovie @grantsjohnsonfilms @annieilonzeh @therealjasonisaacs @tylerkonney #DermotMulroney Dermot, where’s your handle at!?! 🤣

Here's the Instagram account for this movie:
https://www.instagram.com/agentgamemovie/ 

Edited by tv echo

June 12...

Katherine McNamara & Luke Baines' 'Untitled Horror Movie' Gets Summer Release Date!
April 15, 2021
http://www.justjaredjr.com/2021/04/15/katherine-mcnamara-luke-baines-untitled-horror-movie-gets-summer-release-date/ 

Shadowhunters‘ Katherine McNamara and Luke Baines reunited to film a new movie during quarantine in the summer of 2020.
Here’s a synopsis: With their hit TV show on the brink of cancellation, six actors decide to film their own horror movie, unintentionally summoning a spirit with an affinity for violence.
The movie will premiere on June 12th, and hit iTunes and Amazon on June 15th. Fans can sign up for all the latest info at UntitledHorror.com and follow the movie on social media – @untitledhorror across all platforms.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

As previously reported, former Arrow actors, KM, KC and Annie Ilonzeh (Joanna), are all part of the cast of the new spy thriller, Agent Game. Yesterday KC posted a pic of herself on set with some of her fellow cast members and production team. This pic includes KC, Annie Ilonzeh, Dermot Mulroney, Jason Isaacs and director Grant Johnson. Her post also mentions producer/writer Tyler Konney. But no mention or pic of KM (I wonder if they even have any scenes together in this movie)...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNwPmvLA-9H/

Here's the Instagram account for this movie:
https://www.instagram.com/agentgamemovie/ 

I’m pretty sure KM is no longer attached to this movie. I think KC actually replaced her. 

Jesse Hutch, who played Officer Daily in six episodes of Season 2 of Arrow (before being shot dead by Laurel), played Crows Agent Russel Tavaroff in last night's episode (2x11-Arrive Alive) of Batwoman...

As Officer Daily on Arrow:
Officer_Daily_Jesse_Hutch.jpg 
(source)

As Agent Tavaroff on Batwoman:
BWN211a_0244r.jpg(source)

Edited by tv echo

Apparently this guy - a retired wrestler/mma fighter who's now an actor - was SA's competition for the lead role of Jack Spade in Heels, but it sounds like SA's involvement is what got this project greenlit (CM Punk will now be playing an adversary of SA's character)...

CM Punk On If He Watches His Old Wrestling Matches
By Jason Ounpraseuth |April 17, 2021
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/cm-punk-talks-getting-casted-in-the-starz-series-heels/ 

Former WWE Champion CM Punk was on a recent episode of My Mom’s Basement with Robbie Fox. ....
Punk is set to play a role in the upcoming Starz pro wrestling series Heels starring Stephen Amell. The series is created by Michael Waldron who is also a writer on Loki and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Punk talked about how he got his role on Heels.

“I couldn’t pass it up,” Punk admitted. “I was in LA in, it feels like forever ago, 2016 – 2017, and I auditioned for the lead in Heels. I hung out with Waldron all week. He’s a great dude. Got along great with him and he wrote a lot of this television based off of me and the Pipe Bomb. I auditioned for these Starz executives.

“Everyone’s like, ‘Oh, this is amazing. You killed it. Everything’s great. The bad news it we’re pulling the plug on the whole show,’ and I was like, ‘Oh wow, I was that good that I just tanked this entire show. That’s good for my self-esteem.’ But they brought it back to life, and I remember Waldron reached out. ‘Hey, I want you to hear it from me. They’re bringing it back. It’s kind of not my baby.’ But he’s still attached, and he was like, ‘Stephen Amell’s got the lead.’ And I was like, ‘That’s great! That guy loves wrestling, so at least it’s in good hands.’ I was super excited to see the project get green-lit, and Stephen Amell, like I said, giant wrestling fan, so I was stoked. And then it comes back around that a role opened up, and Waldron suggested me.

“They hired me site on scene. I was happy to be a part of the project. I was brought in for one shot, and I must have done something right because they immediately started rewriting episode and they brought me back. ....

Edited by tv echo

Nathalie Kelley, Colin Donnell and Patti Murin Star in an All New Original Mystery "To Catch a Spy" on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
April 20, 2021
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2021/04/20/nathalie-kelley-colin-donnell-and-patti-murin-star-in-an-all-new-original-mystery-to-catch-a-spy-on-hallmark-movies-and-mysteries-852410/20210420hallmark01/ 

[via press release from The Hallmark Channel]
Nathalie Kelley ("The Baker & The Beauty"), Colin Donnell ("Chicago Med") and Patti Murin ("Chicago Med," "Chicago Fire") star in "To Catch a Spy," a new original premiering Sunday, June 20, (8p.m. ET/PT), on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.
When the newly renovated Hotel Optima in Malta has a grand reopening, Chloe (Kelley) and her team from Destination Traveler Magazine, which includes Sara, (Murin), head over to cover the travel scene in Malta. On her first night in Malta, Chloe overhears an altercation happening through the air vent of her hotel room and then sees someone fall to their death - right past her hotel window! Chloe assists the FBI agent, Aaron (Donnell), working on the case, but will they catch the killer before the killer finds them?

Edited by tv echo

I guess this Deadline article implicitly confirms that KC replaced KM in Agent Game (in the previously reported plot description, KM was part of the team of operatives sent to bring in Harris). I wonder how that happened...

Jason Isaacs, Barkhad Abdi & Adan Canto Board Indie Spy Thriller ‘Agent Game’
By Amanda N'Duka   April 23, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/04/jason-isaacs-barkhad-abdi-adan-canto-indie-spy-thriller-agent-game-1234742498/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Jason Isaacs, Barkhad Abdi, and Adan Canto have signed on for Agent Game, an indie spy thriller which is being directed by Grant S. Johnson. The new additions are joining previously announced cast Dermot Mulroney, Katie Cassidy, Rhys Coiro, Annie Ilonzeh, and Mel Gibson.

In the film, CIA officer Harris (Mulroney) is involved in missions to detain and relocate foreign nationals for interrogation. When Harris’ superior (Isaacs) is murdered, he finds himself the scapegoat for the killing of a detainee (Abdi) and must run from a team of operatives sent to bring him in (Canto, Cassidy, Coiro), led by a ruthless double agent (Ilonzeh). Gibson plays a rogue intelligence official running the off-book operation to hunt down and kill Harris.

Edited by tv echo

Superman & Lois: John Diggle To Appear “Halfway Through The Season”
Craig Byrne      April 21, 2021
http://www.kryptonsite.com/superman-lois-john-diggle-to-appear-halfway-through-the-season/ 

Before the new season began it was announced that Arrow’s “John Diggle,” David Ramsey, would be directing several shows across the Arrowverse in addition to making guest appearances on them. Now, thanks to an interview in issue #337 of SFX Magazine (now hitting newsstands), we may have an idea of when he will be showing up, thanks to Executive Producer/Showrunner Todd Helbing himself.

“Diggle comes into our show halfway through the season,” Helbing told interviewer Bryan Cairns. “Where you last saw him, there are many different things that could have happened to him, but we will explain exactly what did.”

It the Arrow series finale, it looked to us like there was a Green Lantern ring that John had found… was that how his story ended, or might Superman & Lois reveal that’s not the case? We’ll see when David Ramsey shows up on Superman & Lois sometime after the show’s return on May 18. (It can also be noted that David Ramsey directed the series’ seventh episode which, by all calculations, should air May 25.)

Edited by tv echo

The Cast of Justice Society: World War II Blends Heroism and History
By Joshua Lapin-Bertone     Tuesday, April 27th, 2021
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/04/27/the-cast-of-justice-society-world-war-ii-blends-heroism-and-history

The scene finds Black Canary questioning the true cost of heroism, and it was a powerful moment for her voice actress Elysia Rotaru. “Why do heroes do what they do?” she wonders. “Do they want accolades? Do they want fame? She realizes it’s for a greater cause—for humanity. It also shows how young she is. She’s lived the life, but she’s still a little babe and has a lot to learn.”

Of course, the real joy for Rotaru was being able to do her own Canary cry. “That one was really friggin’ fun,” she says. “We powered through the script and we get to that cry. It was just really fun to vocally go there and see where my voice could go.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

As previously reported, Beth Schwartz is writer/producer/co-showrunner on this new Netflix series - here's the latest news...

Edited by tv echo