Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

On 10/31/2020 at 3:45 PM, tv echo said:

Go to article link to see more pics...

See first photos of Lifetime's first-ever LGBTQ Christmas movie The Christmas Setup
By Dan Snierson   October 30, 2020 
https://ew.com/tv/lifetime-movie-christmas-setup-photos/  

bu8dZCQBpxI.jpg 

It would be nice if this turns out to be the (very possibly) first of this type of movie that has the lead take the promotion and their partner to either follow or take a shot at long distance for a while. 

• Love 1

Ahead of his return in the upcoming New Year’s Day special Revolution of the Daleks, John Barrowman talked about reprising the part of Captain Jack Harkness, facing the Daleks once more, and what it was like to join the fam.
Captain Jack is one of the most iconic and recognisable characters in Doctor Who, how did you get away with being back in Cardiff and not giving away you’re back?
The irony is I did the costume fitting the day I was doing a concert in Cardiff. Ray (Homan, costume designer) came to the hotel, it was the same hotel I stayed in with my husband, Scott, after we got married and the hotel had put pictures of us up in the room, so we were doing the costume fitting. So I took a picture of me in the room with Cardiff in the background and thought if people only knew…

When we were filming, I was being driven to set with hoodies on and I was also able to throw people off the scent because I said I was there to remodel our flat. I’ve never actually posted a picture of which I will do, it’ll be quite funny when I do that. It’s a little fun thing. I think because we live in Cardiff, and have a house there, people don’t find it weird when they see me in town. They don’t think I’m there filming. So it’s a very good thing to have a house there because it throws them off the scent.
What can we expect from Captain Jack this time? Is it the same cheeky character?
Yes. Captain Jack is a little older. He’s still fun. He still very much has a joie de vivre, a lust for life and a passion for saving people and humanity, as does the Doctor. You can expect cheeky lines. You can expect a couple of… shall we say a few sparks between he and somebody. He plays along with to wind that person up. Jack always seems to find somebody who has a heart and Jack then has a lovely chat with … I’ll just say someone he finds in team TARDIS who has a very big and open heart.

Jack has a long history with the Daleks, what was it like going up against them again?
I love the Daleks. I have one in my house. I’ve always been a fan. For me as a little boy growing up Glasgow, it was always Davros, the Daleks and the Cybermen. Now I can say I got to fight the Daleks, I got to fight Davros but I never got to do the Cybermen. However the Daleks for me are the quintessential and most evil villain of the Doctor. As Captain Jack, I say they are never to be underestimated as they will always find a way to survive which is exactly why they have survived over centuries.

How was it being on set with the cast?
Having been part of team TARDIS it was great being back with them. It’s interesting for me because I’ve been with the most Doctors as one of the Doctor’s companions. So it’s interesting because I get to see the difference with each of them. Also their different quirky personalities. What’s great for me as Captain Jack and being part of team TARDIS is I get to figure out all the different personalities of the other players and characters in there. It’s Jack making himself work with that.

I’ve known Bradley for years. For me to be on set with Bradley was a laugh. Also with Mandip and Tosin. Mandip came to me after and said “it’s kinda weird because in this World you are the man. For us to have you on…” Tosin used to say to the others “do we have to match his energy?” and it’s like YES (laughs). You’ve got to be scared of the Daleks. Brad said to me “You get it. You love this. You love doing it and it shows.” So yeah, we had a great time.

What was your overall highlight of returning?
For me the thing was being back. I’ve always said from the moment I finished when we did Torchwood and I went off to the States, people continually to this day ask me “when are you going back to Doctor Who? When will Jack meet Jodie’s Doctor?” And I used to always say to people if I’m asked, I’ll do it at the drop of a hat. You do not have to convince me. You do not have to twist my arm. I will be back because I love the role so much. So for me it was great to be back. It kind of solidified what I always thought in the back of my mind that Jack was actually a really popular character.

To have him be brought back and be made into such a big deal… the fans went bonkers when it first happened and they’re gonna go bonkers again. It was like going home. It was like going back home to a family and even though they were different people, it was still the same world.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Brandon Routh Joins ABC’s ‘The Rookie’ As Recurring In Season 3
By Nellie Andreeva    December 2, 2020
https://deadline.com/2020/12/brandon-routh-cast-abc-the-rookie-recurring-season-2eason-3-1234636786/

Coming off his starring role on the first five seasons of the CW’s DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Brandon Routh has joined ABC’s The Rookie for a potential season-long arc.

First appearing in Episode 2 of the show’s upcoming third season, Routh will play Doug Stanton, an eleven-year veteran of the LAPD, whose views prove to be polarizing at the Mid-Wilshire station. He has currently been booked for four episodes, with a possibility for more.

Created by Alexi Hawley, police procedural dramedy The Rookie stars Nathan Fillion as John Nolan, the oldest rookie at the Los Angeles Police Department. Season 3 of the show, from ABC Signature and eOne, premieres Jan. 3.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

BL's new movie debuted on Lifetime last night (Dec. 12) - here are some of his comments...

The Christmas Setup's Ben Lewis Previews Lifetime's LGBTQ+ Christmas Movie, Talks Arrow Spinoff's Future
By Vlada Gelman / December 11 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/12/11/the-christmas-setup-ben-lewis-preview-lifetime-lgbtq-movie-arrow-spinoff/

TVLINE | Did the producers reach out to you and your husband, Blake, because you were a couple and were already quarantined together, making it safer to film during the pandemic? Or did they think it would add something to the movie to have a real-life couple?
I don’t know exactly what the initial impetus was for it. But I think it was both, honestly. It’s interesting, people seem really excited about the fact that we’re a real couple starring in this movie together. [Laughs] Obviously, we were excited to do it. We’ve been together for 10 years, but we’ve never acted opposite each other. We were also a little bit nervous going into it, just because who you are at home in the privacy of your own home with your partner is not necessarily who you are at work. So we were interested to see how that was going to sort of play out.

TVLINE | I think people are excited because it adds a level of realism to a fantasy, and it makes it not so fairytale-ish.
Yeah, I think that’s true. I think what people are really responding to about the movie is these movies are, by nature, fantasies, basically. But I do think that there was an attempt on Lifetime’s part, even though these movies aren’t known for their realism, to make this one feel as authentic as possible. Blake and I being a real couple plays a big role in that, as well as having not just two openly gay actors play the lead roles, but also having a gay writer, having a gay director, having a gay executive producer. You can only make your first LGBTQ Christmas movie once. [Laughs] I think they really wanted to get it right.
TVLINE | What did it mean for you to get to be a part of that historic moment for Lifetime and to be a part of this movie?
We weren’t overly familiar with Lifetime’s holiday movies, [so] I think that we went into it sort of with a blissful ignorance. I’m Canadian. They shoot a lot of these movies up in Canada, and most of the Canadian actors I know have been in one of these movies, either for Lifetime or Hallmark or whatever. So when it came my way, initially, my first thought was like, “Oh, now I’m going to do one of these movies.” I didn’t really think of it as being a breakthrough in any way. I guess I knew it was on paper, but I don’t think I really understood the impact until our casting was announced, and all of a sudden, all these people, including a lot of queer people who we know, really came out of the woodwork to tell us like how much they love these movies, [how] they watch them every year, and how much it meant to them that we were going to be starring in it. So through everybody else’s eyes is how we’ve come to understand the impact that it’s going to have. It’s hard to be objective about it when you’re in it.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

The Rookie: Brandon Routh Suits Up as [________]'s T.O. — 2021 FIRST LOOK
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 13 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/12/13/the-rookie-season-3-photo-brandon-routh-training-officer-doug-stanton/ 

Brandon Routh is up and at ’em in these exclusive 2021 First Look photos from ABC’s The Rookie.

As recently reported, the Legends of Tomorrow and Chuck alum will recur during Season 3 of the light procedural as Officer Doug Stanton, an 11-year veteran of the LAPD whose views prove to be polarizing at the Mid-Wilshire station.

TVLine and the photo below can now confirm that Stanton will be Officer Jackson West’s (Titus Makin Jr.) training officer — though “Doug’s aggressive methods cause instant friction with his rookie,” showrunner Alexi Hawley tells us.
The Rookie will return to duty Sunday, Jan. 3 at 10/9c, staying put in its Season 2 time slot. ...

the-rookie-brandon-routh-1.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

DJE will be playing SA's dad on Heels (huh - I don't see it)...

‘Heels’: David James Elliott & Joel Murray To Recur In Starz’s Wrestling Drama Series
By Denise Petski   December 15, 2020 9
https://deadline.com/2020/12/heels-david-james-elliott-joel-murray-recur-starz-wrestling-drama-series-1234652676/

EXCLUSIVE: Jag alum David James Elliott and Joel Murray (Mad Men) are set for recurring roles opposite Stephen Amell and Alexander Ludwig in Heels, Starz’s eight-episode hourlong drama set in the outrageous world of independent professional wrestling.
Elliott will play Tom Spade, a former wrestler and proprietor of the Duffy Wrestling League (DWL). He’s the father of Jack and Ace, husband to Carol, and a devoted entrepreneur who built a business that provided opportunities for countless aspiring wrestlers from all over the country.

Murray will portray Eddie Earl, a local proprietor and sponsor to the Duffy Wrestling League (DWL), and one of the most successful and determined men in town.

Edited by tv echo

‘LA Law’ Sequel Starring Blair Underwood In Works At ABC From Marc Guggenheim, Ubah Mohamed, Anthony Hemingway & Jesse Bochco
By Nellie Andreeva    December 17, 2020
https://deadline.com/2020/12/la-law-sequel-blair-underwood-star-abc-marc-guggenheim-ubah-mohamed-anthony-hemingway-jesse-bochco-reboot-1234658515/ 

EXCLUSIVE: One of television’s most iconic legal dramas is poised for a comeback. ABC is developing LA Law, a new incarnation of the Emmy-winning Steven Bochco series, with Tony nominee Blair Underwood set to reprise his role as attorney Jonathan Rollins and executive produce.

The new LA Law is written/executive produced by Arrow and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow co-creator/executive producer Marc Guggenheim and Arrow/Legends writer Ubah Mohamed, and directed/executive produced by Emmy winner Anthony Hemingway. In it, the venerable law firm of McKenzie Brackman reinvents itself as a litigation firm specializing in only the most high-profile, boundary-pushing and incendiary cases. Underwood reprises his role as Rollins, who has gone from idealistic to more conservative as he clashes with millennial JJ Freeman to decide the best path forward for the firm to effect political and legal change.

While the focus will be on the new generation of lawyers at the firm working with Rollins, I hear other original cast members will likely make appearances should the project go to series.
This marks a return to the legal drama beat for Guggenheim, a lawyer by trade who practiced for five years before pursuing a career as a writer. His first writing job was on ABC’s The Practice, created by another attorney-turned-writer, LA Law alum David E. Kelley. Guggenheim also co-created with frequent collaborator Greg Berlanti ABC legal drama Eli Stone. Guggenheim went on to become one of Berlanti’s top lieutenants in building the Arrowverse on the CW with stints as executive producer/showrunner on Arrow and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, which he co-created. During his tenure, Guggenheim also spearheaded the franchise’s annual crossover events, most recently the massive “Crisis on Infinite Earths.” Guggenheim is currently writing/executive producing Berlanti Prods.’ upcoming Green Lantern series for HBO Max as well as a Spider-Man Universe movie Jackpot For Sony and Prophet for Studio 8. He is repped by Syndicate Entertainment.

Mohamed has been working on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow since Season 3 after co-writing an episode of Arrow. She is repped by Gersh, Kaplan/Perrone and attorney Erik Hyman.

Edited by tv echo

The Stand: Katherine McNamara Says Her Character Evokes Elle Woods and Harley Quinn (Exclusive)
Entertainment Tonight    Dec 17, 2020

Katherine McNamara chatted with ET’s Rachel Smith about playing the ‘Tinker Bell of the apocalypse’ in ‘The Stand,’ premiering Dec. 17 on CBS All Access. McNamara says playing Nadine was unlike anything she had done before, and that her character evokes both Elle Woods AND Harley Quinn. The ‘Arrow’ star believes Stephen King’s epic tale demonstrates how ‘people’s true colors come out’ in adversity, and will reflect how everyone has looked for a ‘new normal’ in the pandemic.

Edited by tv echo

‘Night School’ Pilot Not Moving Forward at NBC (EXCLUSIVE)
By Joe Otterson   December 11, 2020
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/night-school-pilot-nbc-1234851998/ 

The NBC comedy pilot based on the Kevin Hart film “Night School” is not moving forward at NBC, Variety has learned exclusively.

The half-hour multi-cam had originally gotten a pilot order in January, but the pandemic shutdown virtually all pilot production in March. The broadcast network then announced in June that it would resume production on most of its pilots later in the year, with “Night School” being the first pilot to resume production once it restarted.

Like the film, “Night School” follows a a unique mix of adults at a night school GED prep class who unexpectedly bond over their shared experience and find themselves helping each other both inside and outside of the classroom. It starred Shanola Hampton in the role played by Tiffany Haddish in the film, with Josh Segarra playing the role played by Hart. The cast also included Ian Gomez, James Earl, Joe Massingill, and Collette Wolfe.

Edited by tv echo

MJW is playing a '70s version of Bronze Tiger in a new DC animated movie (also starring Kelly Hu as Lady Shiva)...

Interview: Michael Jai White on Batman - Soul of the Dragon
BY SAM STONE   DECEMBER 27, 2020
https://www.cbr.com/interview-michael-jai-white-batman-soul-of-the-dragon/ 

Of all the martial artists the Dark Knight encounters in the latest DC Animated Movie Batman: Soul of the Dragon, few are quite as lethally formidable as Ben Turner, better known as the antihero and fighting expert Bronze Tiger. Voiced by Michael Jai White, who previously portrayed the character in live-action in a recurring role on Arrow, the character embodies the '70s sensibilities of the film's setting as he battles against evil.
In an exclusive interview with CBR, White discussed bringing the character into the heart of the '70s, pondered the mysterious fate of his character in The Dark Knight and weighed in on Todd McFarlane's planned cinematic reboot of Spawn.
You've portrayed Bronze Tiger before in live-action on Arrow but how was it portraying this character in animated form in the '70s?
Michael Jai White:
It was really fun! There's that contemporary Bronze Tiger in the Arrow Universe but I think this one is a little more connected to how it began, really. This Bronze Tiger, being in that '70s locale and it's got that kind of spy genre adventure film [feel], this was a lot of fun doing this.
Just to close out, you got to reprise your role as Bronze Tiger to help close out Arrow. How was that experience?
White:
I'm glad we got a chance to do that prison break episode. To me, that felt like a movie and I'm not the only one who feels this way, that really elevated that show a great deal. I'm glad I got a chance to do that before it went off and people can get to see kind of what it could've been like. I don't want to speak for Stephen Amell too much...he did tell me "if we have more episodes like that, I'd still be on this show" and I don't agree with him: As someone who was off the show and came back, it wasn't quite the same thing when I got back. [Laughs] I got back and I was like "Wait a minute, everybody's a superhero now?!" [Laughs] And Stephen was like "Yeah..." and I was like "Oh my god!" It is what it is. [Laughs]
Directed by Sam Liu and executive produced by Bruce Timm, Batman: Soul of the Dragon stars David Giuntoli as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Mark Dacascos as Richard Dragon, Kelly Hu as Lady Shiva, Michael Jai White as Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger, James Hong as O-Sensei and Josh Keaton as Jeffrey Burr. The film arrives Jan. 12, 2021 on digital HD and on Jan. 26 on Blu-ray and 4K UHD.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The Stand: Katherine McNamara Says Playing Julie Lawry Was "Creative Soul Food"
By NICOLE DRUM - December 30, 2020
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-stand-katherine-mcnamara-julie-lawry-creative-soul-food/ 

For fans of former Arrow star Katherine McNamara, they have gotten used to seeing the actress play a hero. Thanks to roles such as Clary Fray on Freeform's fan-favorite series Shadowhunters and Mia Smoak on The CW's Arrow, McNamara has taken up character fighting on the side of right or "good", but with her latest role as Julie Lawry in the latest adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand, she's playing someone completely different. As King fans know, Julie isn't exactly a hero and for McNamara, playing someone so different from Clary and Mia was what she called "creative soul food".

Speaking with ComicBook.com, McNamara said she had a lot of fun playing such a different character, feeding her desire for diversity in the roles that she plays.

"As an actor it was creative soul food," McNamara said. "I mean, I've loved playing Clary, loved playing Mia, but as an actor we crave this diversity, you know, and I've been dying to play with a different set of brushes and that's what I got to do on this. And especially, it was oddly unsettling being on set and having been making a heroic choice for so many years now going 'what character choice makes me feel like the grossest, worst possible human being' and have that be right for Julie. But it's, you know, especially when I'm surrounded by so many other brilliant actors who are just fully committing to this absurd world of Stephen King, it was an absolute ball. I mean I had just the best time."

Edited by tv echo

Michael Jai White on Fusing Action With Acting, And Which of His Two Bronze Tigers Would Win a Fight
By RUSS BURLINGAME - December 30, 2020 
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/michael-jai-white-reveals-whether-/ 

In January, Spawn and Arrow veteran Michael Jai White will voice Ben Turner, the superhero known as Bronze Tiger, in Batman: Soul of the Dragon. The character is familiar to him, since it's the same guy he played -- albeit with a very different attitude -- in Arrow. In Soul of the Dragon, a relatively young Batman teams with Turner, Richard Dragon, and Lady Shiva to battle an army of ninjas and organized crime in an homage to '70s kung-fu and James Bond movies. And, when pressed, White is pretty sure he knows which version of Bronze Tiger would win, if the two versions he's played in the last decade somehow came to blows.

With the multiverse taking root everywhere, it's entirely possible (although wildly unlikely). Heck, White even told ComicBook that he hopes to get another live-action superhero movie, where he can use his martial arts skills while he's still in the physical shape to do it.

"Oh, the Arrow guy," White said when asked which Bronze Tiger would win. "Because he's a lot more vicious."

He was also surprised to find out that his on-screen pal, Richard Dragon (here played by Marc Dacascos), is a version of Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo), the villain he teamed up with Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) to battle on Arrow. He looked back on episodes from his last season of Arrow, and forward toward what he thinks he could bring to a role that most actors can't in the superhero space.

"I know what I'd be able to do with the lead superhero role, that is not in the genre at all," White told us. "Most people don't fuse the action and the acting together. This is something that I've honed for a very long time, so there is a level of action that has not been in any of these superhero genres, that I would be dying to portray. I got a chance to do a little bit of it in Arrow, but the schedule on a television show is punishing, plus I'm not the lead character. What I'd be able to do as a lead character, week-to-week, or in a film, it would be something that Hollywood hasn't had in a long time."

Edited by tv echo

How Is Stephen Amell's 'Heels' Character Like 'Arrow's Oliver Queen?
Ileane Rudolph    January 7, 2021
https://www.tvinsider.com/979679/heels-stephen-amell-jack-spade-starz-preview/ 

But then his stint as a superhero ended in early 2020, and he couldn't resist the dual-identity role of Heels' Jack Spade, head of, and performer in, the struggling Duffy Wrestling League.

"Like Oliver Queen, who becomes someone else when he's the Green Arrow, Jack is a very soft-spoken Southern gentleman, but in the ring, he's this bombastic, mean, bad guy," explains Amell. In wrestling-speak, he's a "heel."

With the help of operations manager Willie Day (Mary McCormack), Jack's goal is to turn Duffy, based in rural Georgia, into a national brand. But that may spark sibling rivalry. His younger brother, Ace (Vikings'Alexander Ludwig), also a wrestler, seems to have it easy by simply playing a "face"—a good guy the audience roots for—while Jack scripts all the matches.

"Will Jack embrace Ace as a partner, or will he hold Ace back from his true calling of worldwide fame?" says exec producer and actor Mike O'Malley, who recurs as rival league owner Charlie Gully.

There certainly will be no holding back Amell. Despite injuring his back his first day shooting a match, he's confident he'll end up doing 98 percent of his own stunts. As he says, "It's a blast."

Edited by tv echo

Katherine McNamara On Her Wildly Different Role In "The Stand," And Saying Goodbye To "Shadowhunters" And "Arrow"
by Nora Dominick      January 7, 2021
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/katherine-mcnamara-27-questions-interview 

7. What was the audition process like for The Stand?
There was no audition process for me, actually. Josh Boone, who is one of the creators of this iteration of The Stand, we've been friends for years, [and] I remember, probably eight years ago, he said to me that he was developing this book. We've been talking for years about different parts and where hopefully I would be able to fit into it. The timing just worked out really wonderfully to be able to play a character that's so different than any that I've ever done before.

I'll tell you this, I didn't know that my hair was going to be pink until just a few days before. It was almost an aside, they sort of said, "Oh, by the way, we told you we're dyeing your hair pink, right?"

18. Do you have a favorite behind-the-scenes memory from filming The Stand?
I have so many and I have videos of a few of them, which is great. There was a lot of musical-ness going on behind the scenes. I think it's because when you're doing a project that is so intense and so heavy, you just need to goof off and laugh when you're not shooting.

So, in between takes, people brought their speakers to set and we would have dance parties and just kind of keep the spirits up. Also, there was one day on set when everyone was together, and I'll never forget Greg Kinnear and Nat Wolff ended up in our on-set delirium writing an entire song about the experience and the beginning of 2020. It was brilliant and one of my favorite memories.
21. What aspects of Clary from Shadowhunters, Mia from Arrow, and even Julie from The Stand were you able to personally identify with?
As far as Clary, she has this undying sense of hope, and this loyalty to the people that she loves. She will literally do anything, risk anything, for them. While I've never been in such dire situations as Clary, I do the same thing, I really give my whole heart to the people that I love. I'm a stubborn optimist.

As far as Mia goes, she is a survivor, and she's a fighter, and she will not give up when it comes to anything, no matter how much work it takes. That's sort of akin to my own work ethic.

When it comes to Julie, there's not a lot that I relate to her on, but she loves a good pair of shoes, which I also love a good pair of shoes. She really does try to live life to the fullest and that's something that I aspire to do, not in the same way that she does, but in a much more productive and constructive way.

Edited by tv echo

Apparently KM has significant screen time in Ep. 5 ("Fear and Loathing in New Vegas") of The Stand, which was released yesterday (Jan. 14)...

Recap: THE STAND S1E5 – “Fear and Loathing in New Vegas”
By Avery Kaplan -01/14/2021 
https://www.comicsbeat.com/recap-the-stand-s1e5-fear-and-loathing-in-new-vegas/ 

The episode opens at a power substation, where a glammed up Julie Lawry (Katherine McNamara) is fetching “Flashdance” (Dayna Jurgens, Natalie Martinez). Lawry says she’s there at the request of Lloyd Henreid (Nat Wolff). Apparently Dayna has been asking questions, which Lawry says is okay – depending on the question. Lawry wants to know why Dayna wants to know more about Flagg.

The Stand: Fear and Loathing in New Vegas – Review
By C. Spalding     January 14, 2021
https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021/01/14/the-stand-fear-and-loathing-in-new-vegas-review/ 

I think this is one of the more interesting episodes of the season so far.  The power struggles within the communities add a little tension to an episode with not a lot of plot movement.  Lloyd Henry and gun-crazy Julie Lawry (Katherine McNamara) are the only low point for me.  Though Julie is the exact amount of awful she needs to be, I’m not loving the way Nat Wolff portrayed Lloyd here.  Lloyd is a bit clownish and less thoughtful.  I do not remember Lloyd being quite so powerless in the original story.  In this version of the show, Lloyd has status but does not seem to control anything.

Edited by tv echo

KM's comments about The Stand...

Katherine McNamara knows no limit
Zelda Williams    January 14, 2021
https://grumpymagazine.com/2021/01/14/kat-mcnamara/ 

ZW: You don’t want to be a butt-kicker into the infinity and beyond? [Laughs]
KM:
I’d be happy to be, but ultimately, I’d love to do other things. On The Stand, I always felt like there was something missing because I had gone from wearing combat boots, jeans, and kicking butt every day to wearing heels, sequins, and not kicking butt every day. I had one day where I had a stunt on set and I went, ‘‘This is what’s been missing. Now, I feel normal.’’ [Laughs] But it’s interesting how different things develop and change.

ZW: [In] The Stand, it genuinely looks like you guys had a blast in the evil Pink Palace. That must have been almost like Halloween for a while.
KM:
There’s very much two sides to that with Julie. There’s a side [where] we’re walking through the Pink Palace while they’re playing “Welcome to the Jungle” over the speakers. I don’t know if they’re using that in the show, but that’s what we were playing on set on the day. Or I’m drinking champagne and dancing to whatever music while we’re all pseudo worshipping Alexander Skarsgård — those moments [are] just that weird, silly, fun. But then, there’s the other side to Julie — there’s certain people that she treats with the utmost degradation and disrespect. Those are the moments that were hard for me because I don’t ever want people to think that I’m condoning that or I’m aligning myself with that. In fact, it’s the same way we teach books like To Kill a Mockingbird in school. We have to tell these stories about abominable people so that we show how far things can go when we are not accountable for ourselves and for other people. And the stigmas in our society need to be kept in check. I hope that’s what people take away from that. Don’t be like Julie.

ZW: I haven’t got to see her episode yet. I wish I could ask you more about her, but I’m looking forward to meeting her. 
KM:
She’s an interesting one. I always think back to when I was in Girl Scouts as a kid and we did this exercise — we had this picture of an outline of a girl and they had us say mean things to it. Every time somebody said something mean, they would rip the picture [again and again]. Then we said something nice and they taped it all back together. Even though this picture had been taped back together, you could still see where all the tears were. That was so indicative to me of how things can still be hurtful, even if you apologize and move on. It’s better to be kind in the first place. That kind of reminds me of Julie and what she goes through. 

ZW: I can’t wait to see you with pink hair. It’s wild to me that I haven’t gotten to meet [Julie] yet, but I’m excited to support her.
KM:
I forgot to say this earlier, but I always think of her as the intersection of Erin Brockovich, Harley Quinn, Elle Woods, and Villanelle because she’s such a loose cannon with extraordinary taste for extravagance. And yet, she’s a little bit insane. We never really find out if it’s who she was or a product of her environment. But it’s an interesting journey and she’s very unpredictable. She’s the erratic Tinkerbelle of the apocalypse, and I’m very ok with that. 

ZW: Did you say erratic or erotic?
KM:
Mmh… Both!

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

EBR is listed among the credits for the INVISIBLE WOMEN podcast series about eight women who worked in espionage during World War 2. It looks like she will voice "Celine" in an upcoming episode. So far, only the first three episodes (about "Edie", "Garnet" and "Liliana") are posted. It looks like this podcast series launched on Nov. 10, 2020, and that each new episode is/will be posted on the 10th of each month. The podcast host, creator and executive producer is Dr. Diane Greig (EBR's mother)...
https://invisiblewomen.ca/credits/ 
https://invisiblewomen.ca/episodes/
https://twitter.com/invispodcast

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHdXcLJFmN6/ 

emilybett I’m ecstatic to announce the release of INVISIBLE WOMEN a podcast about eight women who worked in espionage in WWII. Researched and written by my incredible mother.
May we never forget them, may we honour them and may we never take peace for granted ❤️
Subscribe and listen to Service Zero today to hear their stories.
Lest we forget. #balancingtherecord

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKZa5pDl6Lg/ 

emilybett You might not be able to see us but you can hear us on The Invisible Women podcast! Stories of women espionage in WW2 shared especially for you. Episode 3 out now! @invispodcast

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

‘Delilah’: LaMonica Garrett & Lyriq Bent Among 14 Cast In OWN Drama Series
By Denise Petski    January 27, 2021 
https://deadline.com/2021/01/delilah-lamonica-garrett-lyriq-bent-among-cast-own-drama-series-1234680994/  

OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network has set additional cast for Delilah, its upcoming series from Greenleaf creator Craig Wright. LaMonica Garrett (Arrow, Designated Survivor) and Lyriq Bent (Four Brothers, She’s Gotta Have It) are among 14 cast in the series. Additionally Ayoka Chenzira (Queen Sugar, Greenleaf) and Crystle C. Roberson (Greenleaf, American Soul) have been tapped as directors, joining previously announced Charles Randolph-Wright and Cheryl Dunye.
Garrett plays Casey, tall and handsome, “perfection,” Casey is the Deputy Mayor of Charlotte and considered one of the most eligible men around. Charming, intelligent, professional, he is dating Delilah’s best friend, Tamara Roberts.
The series is produced by Warner Bros. Television and Harpo Films, filmed in Charlotte, North Carolina, and will air on OWN in March 2021.

Edited by tv echo

New TV series for Echo Kellum...

NBC Orders Natalie Zea Sinkhole Drama La Brea, Two Comedies to Series
By Dave Nemetz / January 12 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/01/12/la-brea-nbc-series-order-american-auto-grand-crew/ 

NBC is getting an early start on its primetime lineup for the 2021-22 TV season, handing series orders to drama La Brea and comedies American Auto and Grand Crew, TVLine has learned.
Grand Crew stars Arrow‘s Echo Kellum and Nailed It!‘s Nicole Byer as part of a group of Black friends who “unpack the ups and downs of life and love at a wine bar” together. The single-cam comedy’s ensemble cast also includes Justin Cunningham, Carl Tart and Aaron Jennings; Brooklyn Nine-Nine writer Phil Augusta Jackson will pen the pilot and serve as an EP.

grand-crew-nbc-series-order.jpg?resize=3 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

After directing a LoT episode, DR will next direct episode 12 of Supergirl this season...

‘Supergirl’s Azie Tesfai Co-Writes Episode For CW Series’ Final Season, A First For An Arrowverse Actor
By Denise Petski   February 1, 2021 
https://deadline.com/2021/02/supergirls-azie-tesfai-co-writes-episode-for-cw-series-final-season-1234685040/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Azie Tesfai, who stars as Kelly Olsen on the CW’s Supergirl, is doing double duty this season. She co-wrote, with supervising producer J. Holtham, episode 12 for the show’s upcoming sixth and final season.

Many actors have directed episodes on the series before, but this is the first time an actor has penned an episode for one of Greg Berlanti’s shows. David Ramsey (Arrow) is set to direct.

Supergirl star Azie Tesfai makes Arrowverse history by co-writing an episode
By Chancellor Agard February 01, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/supergirl-azie-tesfai-writes-arrowverse-episode/ 

If that wasn't exciting enough, the episode will be directed by Arrow's David Ramsey, who will direct four other episodes across the CW's shared superhero universe. Ramsey will also reprise the role of John Diggle on Superman & Lois, Supergirl, The Flash, and Batwoman, and play a mysterious role on DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Colton Haynes, Eliot Glazer Set Peacock Pilot Presentation, Ilana Glazer to Direct (EXCLUSIVE)
By Joe Otterson   Jan 15, 2021
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/colton-haynes-eliot-glazer-peacock-ilana-glazer-1234886586/ 

Eliot Glazer and Colton Haynes are attached to star in a comedy project that has a pilot presentation order at Peacock, Variety has learned exclusively.

The project is titled “I Run Hot.” It follows the unlikely friendship between Eliot (Eliot Glazer), a gay curmudgeon who never quite fit in with the community, and Colton (Haynes), a famous #instagay who can’t help but exemplify it.

Eliot will write and executive produce the show in addition to starring, with Haynes co-executive producing as well as starring. “Broad City” co-creator and star Ilana Glazer is attached as an executive producer and will also direct. Pete Aronson will also executive produce. Radical Media is producing the presentation, with Universal Television and AMC Studios set to co-produce the series.
Haynes is best known for his role as Roy Harper / Arsenal in The CW’s “Arrow” as well as for playing Jackson Whittemore in MTV’s “Teen Wolf.” His other recent TV credits include “American Horror Story,” “Scream Queens,” and “The Grinder.” He also appeared in the 2017 film “Rough Night,” in which Ilana starred.

Edited by tv echo

KM has a supporting role in this new movie...

Vertical Acquires Key Territories on Victoria Justice, Matthew Daddario Drama ‘Trust’ (EXCLUSIVE)
Matt Donnelly   Feb. 9, 2021
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/vertical-trust-movie-victoria-justice-1234904384/ 

“Trust,” a new romantic drama starring Victoria Justice and Matthew Daddario, has sold key distribution rights to Vertical Entertainment.

The boutique distributor will roll out the film in North America, the U.K. and Ireland, Variety has learned. The release is set for March 12, in select theaters and via paid video on demand. Josh Spector negotiated the deal for Vertical, with UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers.

Set in the glamorous art worlds of Paris and New York, Justice plays a gallery owner married to a newscaster, played by Daddario. When two seductive strangers enter their lives (Lucien Laviscount and Katherine McNamara, respectively), the couple is faced with temptation, jealousy and a mystery that upends their lives. The Exchange is handling international sales on the project, directed by Brian DeCubellis.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Love Me Like That
Katherine McNamara - Topic     Feb 14, 2021

Provided to YouTube by TuneCore

Love Me Like That · Katherine McNamara

Love Me Like That

℗ 2021 VitaX

Released on: 2021-02-14

Edited by tv echo

Official trailer for KM's new movie...

Trust | Official Trailer (HD) | Vertical Entertainment
Vertical Entertainment US     Feb 18, 2021

In this sexy and twisty ride, New York gallery owner Brooke and her husband Owen each face exceptional temptations, with most unexpected results.

Starring: Victoria Justice, Matthew Daddario, Katherine McNamara
Directed by: Brian DeCubellis

Release Date: 3/12/21

Edited by tv echo

It's actually the same role but on another show...

How Superman & Lois brings the Man of Steel mythos down to earth — and into a new era
By Chancellor Agard    February 22, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/superman-lois-premiere-preview/ 

While there aren't any overt references to the rest of the Arrowverse in the series premiere, you can expect some in the rest of the season. "There's a nod that I don't think anybody has picked up yet in episode 2," Helbing teases. "As the season progresses, you're going to hear a little bit more about it. You know, we have John Diggle [David Ramsey] coming over. So it's certainly not like we're ignoring anything. We're just not playing it the same way as it's been played on the other shows."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Flash Boss Teases Diggle's Next Visit (And the 'Problem' He'll Be Juggling)
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 23 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/02/23/the-flash-diggle-returns-season-7-green-lantern-situation/

If John Diggle looks a bit green around the gills when he resurfaces on The Flash, it’s because the Arrow hero will be dealing with a lot.
As previously reported, Ramsey is now due to reprise his role as Diggle in a total of five episodes across The Flash (which opens Season 7 on March 2), Supergirl (final season premiere date TBA), Superman & Lois (which debuts tonight, Feb. 23) and Batwoman, as well as play “a mystery role” during Legends of Tomorrow‘s sixth season (premiere date TBA).

During TVLine’s in-depth Season 7 preview Q&A (publishing later this week), we asked showrunner Eric Wallace what The Flash‘s specific plans for Dig are. “Boy, that’s a spoiler!” he replied with a hearty laugh, before offering a tease for what’s to come.

“When we last saw Diggle, he had a situation at the end of Arrow that he needed to deal with,” Wallace reminded, “so he arrives to help Team Flash in the back half of the season carrying the weight of that ‘problem.’ And the question is: How can he help Team Flash when he’s got something even bigger on his mind? And that’s what the story is.”

Speaking to Diggle’s long-teased destiny as a Green Lantern, Arrowverse EP Marc Guggenheim told TVLine over a year ago, “Greg [Berlanti], David and I have had a lot of conversations about David’s future in the Arrowverse going forward, both in front [of] and behind the camera, and there are a lot of ideas that we’re banding about that are very exciting to us…. We’ve just got some cool notions for next season.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1