Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

Wow, so I just saw this via a friend today and I'm impressed. I'm not into this type of movie, but I may watch it to see how KC and ED work together. It feels like it has good energy for KC to work with.

I cannot think of two actors in one film that would make me run from the theatre faster than these two.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

I've read some reviews of "Scribbler" that praised KC's performance but said the film itself is just a mess. I'm actually curious, though, about KC and ED. Those two have rather limited ranges. I mean, I loved ED as Faith but, boy, did "Dollhouse" expose her limits.

• Love 2

I mean, I loved ED as Faith but, boy, did "Dollhouse" expose her limits.

That is the absolute truth. :) Especially when most of the rest of the cast was acting circles around her.

I still kind of wish ED had taken Joss up on the Faith spinoff. I liked her better as Faith than anything else I've seen her in.

Edited by Starfish35

Dushku was fine on Dollhouse, but that cast was so good that she got upstaged a little, partly because the rest of the dolls had a bit more range as actors and were less recognisable than Dushku. She wasn't bad by any means, though...but the show certainly worked better as an ensemble. I miss Dollhouse actually.

Every review I've read of The Scribbler has praised KC. I would like to watch it eventually, but it hasn't been released here in the UK yet.

• Love 1

I watched that Hallmark movie featuring Brandon Routh, The Nine Lives of Christmas.  Oh my gosh it was so cute.  I'm always hesitant to watch anything with animals in it because I'm afraid that it will be sad, but this wasn't sad at all.  BR plays a fireman who buys houses, fixes them up in his free time, and resells them.  This cat, Ambrose, just sort of invites himself into BR's life.  This movie has all of the staples of a good Hallmark movie: romance, a little angsty human drama stemming from a misunderstanding, and a happy ending.  If you love cats and Hallmark movies, watch this.  Seriously, Ambrose the cat cracked me up.

• Love 1

KC is in the same boat as ED, they are only good at playing one type of character. When they get to play that character they are great at it. But give them any other type of character, they fail. For KC it's an entitled bitch and for ED it's Faith.I don't think actors should be too worried about being type cast. Look at Michelle Rodriguez, she practically has a type named after her and she's been working steadily for years even with her alcohol related issues. 

KC was just miscast for this role, like ED was for Dollhouse. There's nothing wrong with that. They just need to find a role that fits their type and people will love that character. The writers just need to stop trying to force a square into a round hole. Nothing will make it work if it doesn't fit. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Sean Bean survived Legend, woohoo!

Sean Bean is Richard Sharpe. And Richard Sharpe is immortal. Seriously, if Bernard Cornwell writes many more books, he'll have Sharpe fighting in the Crimea at the age of 80.

But seriously, if you like Sean Bean, track down Sharpe. It's cheesy nonsense, but great fun. Though I hope Jon Snow never sees this video. It'll sting:

• Love 1

I loved the Sharpe series at the beginning and especially his first wife and how she helped mold him ('A man is given two ears and one mouth, so he should listen twice as much as he speaks') but after she was killed off, it was too much fighting and bedhopping for me.

The Doctor Who cast singing. Starts out with John Barrowman doing the theme music,  with Catherine Tate and David Tennant at 1:45, alone at 5:18, Alex Kingston at 6:20, 

I never watched Dollhouse, but I found ED to be pretty good on Tru Calling (a show that was canceled too soon).

ED was awesome on TruCalling. I really enjoyed that show unlike Dollhouse. I wouldn't mind seeing ED return to tv.

The Doctor Who cast singing. Starts out with John Barrowman doing the theme music,  with Catherine Tate and David Tennant at 1:45, alone at 5:18, Alex Kingston at 6:20, 

Have you seen the promos for the new ABC show called Galavant?  It looks incredibly cheesy, but they should get John Barrowman to make a guest appearance - it would boost ratings.  The show is "an upcoming American fairy tale-themed musical comedy." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galavant

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

She's angry, suspicious, crying, stubborn.  She could do whatever is needed for Laurel, including fighting.  I don't get it.

I wonder what the sides for the audition were? That might explain a lot - maybe they picked audition material that was in KC's wheelhouse.

She's angry, suspicious, crying, stubborn.  She could do whatever is needed for Laurel, including fighting.  I don't get it.

And she also brings warmth and vulnerability. Which would have benefited Laurel's characterization a ton.

The first thing I thought of was "Here comes the smoulder!"

• Love 4

I just can't understand why KC was cast over AG. It's one thing for me to sit here and fantasy cast, but it's another thing to know that it was actually a possibility. I think Amy would have made an amazing Laurel. Yeah, the writing would still have been bad, but I think Amy would have made me care about the character anyway. She almost reminded me a bit of EBR in that clip. It's just really frustrating to me because this character is the reason I am no longer watching the show, and to know that it could have been so different. :(

• Love 1

Have you seen the promos for the new ABC show called Galavant?  It looks incredibly cheesy, but they should get John Barrowman to make a guest appearance - it would boost ratings.  The show is "an upcoming American fairy tale-themed musical comedy." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galavant

I am really looking forward to this show. I love Timothy Omundson. Barrowman and Colin Donell both need to be on that show.

• Love 1

I just happened to cruise by NCIS and saw Susannah Thompson.  MOIRA!!!! I miss her so much.  Can we have ZombieMoira please? :(.  Oliver needs his mother right now. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals have aired some not so tame scenes. This one aired pretty recently I believe on The Originals (I don't watch the show but I do see gifs of it on tumblr). So I have hopes for at least some good Olicity sex scenes. 

I don't know.  I don't think that scene was particularly graphic except for the fact that the lady wasn't...uh...wearing any clothes.  Basically it was just kind of a make-out scene.  Speaking of not wearing clothes, when in the hell did SA's pants disappear??  He had pants on when he ran out the door, he had pants on when he had the lady in a bear hug by the car.  And then his pants disappeared??

• Love 1

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals have aired some not so tame scenes. This one aired pretty recently I believe on The Originals (I don't watch the show but I do see gifs of it on tumblr). So I have hopes for at least some good Olicity sex scenes. 

Gifs make it look way sexier than it was. The scene could not have lasted longer than 25 seconds. I mean they are vampires so they had super speed on their side.

• Love 1

There was the Klaus/Caroline hookup last year in the woods that I thought was pretty hot. I remember watching it and going, OK, that's CW. I need something like that for Oliver and Felicity. But please, no leg hooks on the waist. Ugh, reminds me too much of L/O scene (I can't think of that scene without the blooper, LOL!).

Keeping this on topic, I saw the Brandon Routh Hallmark (or was it Lifetime) movie recently, where he was a firefighter who adopts a cat. Fewer tics than what he does with Ray. I really wish he would tone down the mouth quirks though and dim the bright eyes a little :P I like him, but the eyes get a little too intense sometimes.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

Keeping this on topic, I saw the Brandon Routh Hallmark (or was it Lifetime) movie recently, where he was a firefighter who adopts a cat. Fewer tics than what he does with Ray. I really wish he would tone down the mouth quirks though and dim the bright eyes a little :P I like him, but the eyes get a little too intense sometimes.

I caught the last 15 minutes of BR's movie and didn't see crazy eyes once! Where's that charming, non-creepy guy? I set my DVR to record the next showing. I suppose Ray is supposed to be intense, but yes, BR should (and apparently can) dial it down a notch.

• Love 1

BR should probably dial it down 10 notches.  Ha :)  Too late, the damage is already done on Arrow, but that Hallmark movie with BR and the cat was really cute.

Speaking of Hallmark movies, Dylan Bruce (Paul from Orphan Black and Adam Donner from Arrow) will be in a Valentine's Day movie with Amy Acker called A Novel Romance.  It premieres January 10th.  Sorry, but I love all these cheesy Hallmark movies.

• Love 1