Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Ok so it is the series finale. Wow.

It's cancellation was recently announced, so they can finally label it as a series finale instead of dragging out the season finale title like the other shows that have to wait until the announcements come in for them.

Very interested to see the shocking revelations the showrunner teases us about in that interview.  From the start, I always thought the best shocking revelation would be that Victoria is Amanda's real mother.  Hard to see how that can work out, though, given the histories of QV and David. 

So, with Victoria being not dead...  I re-read the TVLine.com and EW.com articles linked earlier.

On whether Stowe "lied" or not: Reviewing those articles, I can't find any quotes by Stowe where she actually said that Victoria was dead.  What I do see is some careful evasive answers, though without a full recording or transcript of the original interviews, this is all speculation.

The best example of an evasive answer is  from the TVLine article's question "So, is this the last we’ve seen of Victoria Grayson?" where Stowe gives a partial answer, only mentioning flashbacks.

If the interviewers flat-out asked if Victoria is dead, I could see Stowe saying "yes," as a true statement, if Victoria dies in the finale episode, which was most likely filmed before these interviews took place.  (And, this is why I'm leading toward Victoria dying in the finale.)  Though, if Stowe had said that, then it would have made a good lede for an article.

And, with Victoria still alive, it makes these quotes from the interviews more interesting:

From the TVLine article:

I don’t know, it’s hard to tell. You don’t know until the end product is done. A lot of fans will find closure. The only thing I can tell you is that Amanda can never shake Victoria. These two are going to be put together for good.

I get [Victoria], and I understand why she would view Amanda as the enemy all the way to her grave. She’s determined to go to the grave and take Amanda with her.

From the EW article:

"I can't give away the ending because I think it's going to be bittersweet, but I can tell you this: these woman are always going to be tied together," Stowe teases.

From those quotes, I can imagine everything from Victoria and Emily/Amanda being put in prison together, to Victoria dying and Emily/Amanda being kidnapped and waking up in Victoria's coffin. Though, I'm probably leaning toward the theory where Emily/Amanda fakes her own death. But, considering the "bittersweet" mention, perhaps, this is away from Jack and Carl.

Some miscellaneous thoughts on the finale:

The body found after the fire: Victoria's mother seems to be the most likely candidate, given Adrienne Barbeau's appearance.

With a Priest listed as one of the guest roles, we're probably getting a funeral scene.

It's too bad Roger Bart will not apparently be in the finale, because if Emily/Amanda does fake her death, I'd like the last scene to be Emily/Amanda ominously revealing herself to Mason:  "Hello, Mason." [Fade Out.]

The body found after the fire: Victoria's mother seems to be the most likely candidate, given Adrienne Barbeau's appearance.

We know who the body belonged to, a Mary something.  Ben went looking for her body at the morgue and it was gone.

• Love 2

Madeleine Stowe would not be convicted in a court of law for the leading statements she made. I still found it dishonest and would consider it lying. It's not even about "I can't believe the show would do this!" It's that it was a stupid lie, one last twist because no one would believe Victoria was dead, even for a millisecond, unless Stowe went to interviews talking about it. It is indicative of the BS pumped out by the writers and producers for at least the last year. There are 50 other ways to frame Amanda. use one of them. Hell, Victoria could have killed Treadwell and framed Amanda for that murder.

It's over now. The ending will be stupid and unsatisfying and I can go back to watching 0 shows on ABC.

• Love 1

I reread those interviews with Stowe and based on what they printed she was being a little vague.  But what struck me is that in every case, the interviewers, unequivocally, left the impression in the articles that Victoria really died in that fire.  So I don't know what went on behind the scenes of all those interviews, but it was enough to mislead a lot of people interviewing her.  And I just saw the EW issue that listed the TV obituaries of both Victoria and that Grey's Anatomy guy.  So yes, they were both assumed to be really dead.   I suppose Victoria dying in the last episode (I hope) will exonerate the actress from any lying claims.

I reread those interviews with Stowe and based on what they printed she was being a little vague.  But what struck me is that in every case, the interviewers, unequivocally, left the impression in the articles that Victoria really died in that fire.  So I don't know what went on behind the scenes of all those interviews, but it was enough to mislead a lot of people interviewing her.  And I just saw the EW issue that listed the TV obituaries of both Victoria and that Grey's Anatomy guy.  So yes, they were both assumed to be really dead.   I suppose Victoria dying in the last episode (I hope) will exonerate the actress from any lying claims.

Some of the articles even had "confirmed dead" in their titles too, which only added to the confusion.

• Love 1

Some of the articles even had "confirmed dead" in their titles too, which only added to the confusion.

But I still didn't believe them LOL

The show is so arbitrary now it doesn't matter if she's alive or dead.

Exactly, that and there's only 1 more episode left of the series anyway.

I read a brief interview with Emily Van Camp in Entertainment Weekly and she said the last scene they filmed was with her and Nolan and Jack.  They didn't know it was going to be the last scene.  So yay!  It sounds like an ending that will make me happy.

With the 'tied together' quote - maybe Emanda's new identity will have the name Victoria?

Maybe they will literally be tied together in some kind of Human centipede arrangement?

Maybe their DNA will be combined into a foetus and Nolan will raise the little monster in the beach house?

Yeah, I don't know.

.. and then they CGI a big explosion in post and everyone dies. The way the show's been going, I wouldn't be surprised.

I wish, the finale will probably end up being as predictable with the way the spoilers have been heading.