Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Stinger97

Baby On Board!

25 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Baby On Board! Which Combo Will Reproduce First?

• Clarke
    • Raven
    • Octavia
    • Lincoln
    • Bellamy
    • Finn
    • Jasper
    • Monty
    • Murphy
    • Anya
    • Other (describe below)

There's been a lot of discussion in the episode threads regarding which character will find herself pregnant first. Here's your chance to throw your hat in the ring and take a guess at which Arkite and/or Grounder will find themselves with a bun in the oven. 

IIRC, both Octavia and her brother were both the first and the most frequent to engage in the procreational recreation* since they landed. Plus, their parents managed to have 2 babies against a lot of odds, according to the show's canon. So I vote either of them to be the first parent.

*Should I trademark "Procreational Recreation" for a rap company?

Octavia makes the most sense storywise; there's a chance that she never got whatever birth control the others might have received (in lock up they can be segregated by sex easily so she might not have got it then).  And she's supposed to be a little outside their society so her impulsive behavior makes a certain amount of sense. 

Yeah, I'm going to say Octavia as well.  I think they fast-tracked her hookup with Lincoln to give her a little Grounder baby.  The thought of Murphy procreating is pretty terrifying.  Let's hope it's not him.  I'm not sure he could even find a woman who would consent to sleeping him with.   

Maybe Murphy and Anya will hook up.  Maybe they already did.  Maybe Anya sending BioMurphy to the camp was so that her lover could avenge his hanging.  Maybe she and her Groundies were charging the camp to rescue her baby daddy, Murphy.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and ship Murphy and Anya.  They have more chemistry apart than any other couple we've actually seen together. 

My vote was for Octavia/Lincoln, simply because a 100 / Grounder baby would seem inevitable and provide a great deal of story. I also can't see them plaguing Clarke with a child, unless the writers intend to have her get pregnant and then miscarry as the result of something horrific. 

If Octavia/Lincoln will get a baby, it will most likely mean his death, I suspect. I don't mind, don't really care for him and the romance. And Octavia herself too, but she's a main character, so we're most likely stuck with her until the end of the show. 

...unless the writers intend to have her get pregnant and then miscarry as the result of something horrific.

For reasons of expense, story telling, etc., I figure they will likely have a high rate of miscarriage overall. If so, I would expect most (if not all) Arkteens to be relieved, while Clarke lectures them on the importance of procreation. I wonder if such a reveal would be followed with a plot point of fewer girls throwing themselves at the alpha males.

Miscarriages, as a trope, are pretty rare on TV aside from full-blown soaps. So I assume we'll either get magical contraceptives (that may lose efficiency with time, but slowly) or one important and maybe few one-shot characters will get pregnant and we won't get any explanation why the others haven't.

• Like 3

The conversations on birth control and pregnancy fascinate me.  I don't need descriptive details of birth control for my TV characters, and I find pregnancy storylines boring.  Maybe later down the line when they talk about repopulation or something along those lines I might be interested, but not right now while there is more story to tell about the Grounders, the Mountain Men, the Ark survivors, and finding food.  Pregnancy isn't the result of every roll in they hay; just because it happens once doesn't mean you walk away pregnant. 

• Like 2

Olivia and Lincoln will have a baby who will be the future of Planet Earth since said baby will be half Ark and half Grounder.  I do NOT want them to add a baby to the story, but it seems to me that the writers are scrambling to turn over every plot cliche they can find, so I figure it's just a matter of time.

And tangential to the subject:  I really loathe those Baby on Board signs in cars.  I always want to jump out and write under it in marker, "Who gives a shit?"  I mean, what's the idea here?  I was going to ram your car and run you off the road but now that I know you have a baby in the car I'm cool with you cutting me off?  So damn stupid.

And tangential to the subject:  I really loathe those Baby on Board signs in cars.  I always want to jump out and write under it in marker, "Who gives a shit?"  I mean, what's the idea here?  I was going to ram your car and run you off the road but now that I know you have a baby in the car I'm cool with you cutting me off?  So damn stupid.

Last year, I saw a bumper sticker that said, "Adults on Board We Want to Live Too."  I thought that was hilarious!

• Like 2

The Baby on Board signs were oringinally meant for paramedics, who might come upon an accident scene where there was no one to tell them to look for a baby in the wreckage. That's why the signs had suction cups, they were only supposed to be used when you went out with an actual baby. But that idea got lost pretty quickly.

• Like 1

The Bellamy and Raven hook up, screams opportunity for a pregnancy scare, where there will be confusion on who the father is - Finn or Bellamy. It will come up at an inconvenient time, either when Clarke and Finn decide to be an official couple, or plot twist she and Bellamy starts to get closer. Clarke will of course make the noble sacrifice, only for something to happen to Raven and she loses the pregnancy or turns out she was never pregnant and her delayed period was due to stress.

God, not Raven, please. She could be a terrific character, but making her all about her romantic entaglements basically assassinates her development. At least Clarke isn't that focused on romance and has other stuff to do and other relationships, although I'd prefer it if she told Finn off and forgot about it completely at least for a half-season.

Edited by FurryFury

I know that Bellamy and Octavia's mother was floated once it was discovered that she violated the One Child Policy, but do you think that the Ark's policy is to float both parents or just the mothers?  That's pretty crappy if the entire  blame lies with only the mother.  If there was a mention of what happened to the father, I missed it, but it seems as if Bellamy was pretty much responsible for taking care of his sister.  Maybe Octavia doesn't even have the same father as Bellamy.  When the surprise inspection was conducted on the Blake family's apartment, the guard referred to the mother as Miss Blake, so maybe the mother wasn't even married.  With such strict rules about procreation, I would have thought that only married or committed people would be able to have a child.

At the time it seemed like their father was out of the picture already but nothing specific about him was said that I can recall.

Edited by Stinger97 · Reason: Double post.

At the end of the last episode, Raven was clutching her abdomen, having been shot by Murphy--so, even if she was pregnant, she likely wouldn't be now--although one never knows, both in life and on the CW.