Type keyword(s) to search

The Sets: Your Fave and Least Fave PC Real Estate

• Start Topic

I don't know if I'd call Carly's house one of the best. I think it's poorly decorated and the entryway is super ugly in lemon yellow. However, I do think Sonny's house is one of the most organic looking on the show. It actually feels like a home instead of a set. 

• Love 1

Why does everybody's house have a gray interior?

THIS. I've been asking this same damn thing. Almost all the new sets Cartini have made are shades of gray or that damn white/white brick. Carly's house was painted gray, Sonny's walls have gray, the Hurley garage was gray, the Haunted Star was white/gray, Ava's studio is white, Lucy's office is white, Silas' apartment is gray.

It's like they got a discount of gray paint. It has been irritating the shit out of me because sets should have more variations & differences.

What the heck happened to the Docks? Ever since Ron took over, he seems to have replaced it with the Piers, which I'm not a fan of.

Actually, I remember very early on that they were still using the docks.  I remember Michael running on them, shirtless.  He may have run into Starr at the time.

Actually, I remember very early on that they were still using the docks.  I remember Michael running on them, shirtless.  He may have run into Starr at the time.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Still, I don't like how they just vanished, especially since so many great scenes/interactions happened there.

Lack of housing is a problem on this show. I believe part of the issue is the block taping.

There are some housing sets currently not in use. Johnny's penthouse, Ava's apartment & the flat that Milo and then Carlos lived in. What happened to the Zacharra or Kannie's mansions.

Why isn't Julian still living at Ava's? She hasn't been there for months. Why aren't people living in Johnny's apartment or the flat.

I'm fearful that the brownstone renovations was just a ploy for Kiki/Morgan to interact. Why would Micheal hire people who know nothing about renovation? Why would he have the professionals to finish the top floors but not the bottom.

A redistribution of housing & sets needs to occur stat.

As I have said before, they shoumd just re-dress their existing apartment sets and explain that thess other people moved into the respective buildings.  

For example, if Dante could afford his loft on a cop's salary, then Nathan should be able to afford a place in the same building. Just swap out the furniture, maybe put in a smaller bed and put in peice of exercise equipment.

Who had Sonny's penthouse last? Man, I remember the good old days, before MB supposedly asked to get some big house set like Wyndemere. I've never liked his house ("Greystone").

(edited)

Who had Sonny's penthouse last? Man, I remember the good old days, before MB supposedly asked to get some big house set like Wyndemere. I've never liked his house ("Greystone").

Oh, is that why they gave him a house? Weird that he would care. And that house is smaller than the penthouse was. Wasn't Johnny's place reconverted from Sonny's penthouse?

I'm fearful that the brownstone renovations was just a ploy for Kiki/Morgan to interact. Why would Micheal hire people who know nothing about renovation?

Him knowing nothing about being a CEO of a major corporation seems to have worked out for him, so from his POV I could see how he thinks it's reasonable ;)

For example, if Dante could afford his loft on a cop's salary, then Nathan should be able to afford a place in the same building. Just swap out the furniture, maybe put in a smaller bed and put in peice of exercise equipment.

Or if Anna has to live in a hotel room, she and Nathan might as well be roommates!

I know the Spencer house from the '90s apparently burnt down. It was a beautiful set and a beautiful place. I wish it would come back. I've said it many times, I would start redeeming Luke by making him come to terms with how much he did love that house and that life, and get to rebuilding it himself. For now, I'm very happy the brownstone is back, even if it is a diminished form.

I don't think they destroyed it or anything - after the house burnt down they used to again to represent the most crappiest bordello ever in that god-awful Lulu disguises herself as a prostitute storyline.

Edited by ulkis

As I have said before, they shoumd just re-dress their existing apartment sets and explain that thess other people moved into the respective buildings.  

Given that every wall in every domicile in Port Charles is now the same uniform shade of grey, this should be fairly easy.    Heck, you wouldn't even have to swap out the furniture - just put different slipcovers on them and move them into a different configuration.

Oh, is that why they gave him a house? Weird that he would care. 

That was the claim, years ago. It could be bullshit, but I think it came around the time that Sonny suddenly started awkwardly parading around in a leather jacket, months after Lorenzo Alcazar did and began winning hearts.

(edited)

I think it's ridiculous that people on this show with good paying jobs are living in cramp apartments or hotel suites. I know it's about the budget, but goodness it takes away from realism a bit

Edited by teenj12

I think it's ridiculous that people on this show with good paying jobs are living in cramp apartments or hotel suites. I know it's about the budget, but goodness it takes away from realism a bit

And it could be solved easily in some cases. With Lante, for example, they could just get rid of the bed and the kitchenette thing in the corner and just make the room in to a rec room and say they moved to a bigger apartment in the building.

• Love 2
(edited)

They could fix a lot of this shit. I hope the new brownstone means they might put some people in there, but people like Anna, Scott, etc. have no reason to be living in those meager accommodations. Anna deserves a real house or at least a swank apartment of her own, not rooming in the same building with a bunch of kids and twentysomethings. Scott, well, if he's not gonna leave the hotel at least put him in some penthouse suite in the Metro Court. He always did like living large.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

The show is beginning to look like Guiding Light did just before they cancelled it. Right down to the park . Will we get the bumping up and down cameras.? At least its California and so the actors won't have to freeze when they change in cars.

• Love 1

I loved that Robert had a room that was a computer. So ridiculous, yet for a WSB secret agent it worked.

Why does everybody's house have a gray interior?

Probably so they can use the walls in different setups.

I don't like really like Carly's redecorated house (and never did), but the tackiness fits her.

This morning on the CBS Morning Show, they showed a commercial for B&B and they have gorgeous location shot footage in some real garden and on some yatch on real water.  How can B&B afford this yet GH can only afford three gray, poorly lit walls?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

@Tiger, I've been watching B&B for a couple of months. The difference in production has been a shock. They've been to real beaches, real pools, frequent outside shots, Abu Dhabi & now Paris. I did some asking & digging, apparently B&B is popular all over the world. Bill Bell says, when he hears an actor is going somewhere overseas for an event or on vacation he sends a small crew. He will send several cast members a director & gets local camera men. Ex, The lead actress was invited to participate in a horse event in Abu Dhabi. He sent two other actors for the story.  B&B supposedly gets great local tourism discounts. The shot of Abu Dhabi & Paris have been beautiful. A friend sent me some clips from when they were in Italy. 

I believe Australia is next up.

They get real location shots, real shots of helicopters doing maneuvers & we get location shots in a warehouse at night & a helicopter in a parking lot simply lifting straight up in the air.

Maybe, if Frank made Ron pair down the cast. (there are so many useless characters) money could be used for sets, hair, wardrobe & location shots.

I was so happy to see the Scrubs & Sam's penthouse sets because the walls are not gray. I am so tired of seeing gray fucking walls everywhere. Some days 3/4th of the scenes are shot on a set with gray walls.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

Carly's bed must be burned.

Carly needs to suffer. I mean, she didn't kill AJ, but she knows Sonny has and is PROTECTING his ass. Both she and Sonny need for Freddy Krueger to visit that bed, instead, with her (and Sonny) in it, and let him work his magic as AJ's spirit laughs in the background.

• Love 3