Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation With Spoilers

Whatever happens, let Kat and Candace take turns as the leading lady.  These PTB are so out of touch with reality I am thinking they will actually bring in a new actress to play opposite Damon and/or Stefan.  Sort of like what happened on Stargate SG-1.  They evidently couldn't handle putting Samantha Carter in charge of the flagship team so brought in a replacement for Richard Dean Anderson during the last two seasons.  So instead of Carter moving up in rank and taking on a male "inferior" - rank wise that is - they made her second in command of the team after all those years and put someone we'd never seen before in the most important position in the show.  Kat and Candace both deserve leading lady status so let's make up for leaving them, especially Kat, on the back burner for so long.

• Love 3

I saw spec of Sarah being introduced this season as a replacement for Elena next season (as leading lady not love interest. ..yuck)

My answer to that is hell no. I would much prefer the show focus on the characters that have been there from the beginning. Either move Bonnie or Caroline or both into that role or just focus on the brothers and don't bother with a leading lady.

My answer to that is hell no. I would much prefer the show focus on the characters that have been there from the beginning. Either move Bonnie or Caroline or both into that role or just focus on the brothers and don't bother with a leading lady.

I agree. Bringing in a completely new character and asking the audience to invest in them over characters they have spent six years with is pretty silly IMO. Nothing against the Sarah Salvatore character but I don`t care about her story.

Also, if they wanted, they could focus more on the brothers Salvatore as brothers and I felt both Caroline and Bonnie have boosted up to female leading ladies this year anyway.

It`s a bit odd if I think about it because Elena probably has the least storyline out of them all, not since early on the drug thing/memory compulsion. It`s just hard to make that shift in my mind because for years upon years Elena has arguably been the main character IMO. I`ve never thought that just because Stefan said "this is my story" in the Pilot that the show actually bore that out. Like, the Season 3 or 4 intro had all of them saying "this is my home", doesn`t mean it was a show about how MF was home to them all. Don`t believe everything you hear in Pilots, I always say. The stories centered around Elena so much, nearly every character revolved around her, it`s kind of ingrained right now that I view the show through that lens.

Not to mention the triangle being ultimately resolved with probably an "I choose me" moment not because of storyline reasons but because of actor availability. Because you know if Nina has re-signed, that wouldn`t be the case.   . 

• Love 1
(edited)

It`s a bit odd if I think about it because Elena probably has the least storyline out of them all, not since early on the drug thing/memory compulsion

I think they did that so they could make I to easier to send Elena off.

From what I can see the memory wipe, Jeremy leaving town, and cure are all setups for Elena becoming human and leaving Mystic Falls in order to have a normal/healthy/happy life. I suspect that episode description with Elena reacting to Jo's pregnancy is also part of her exit.

I also think having Bamon stuck in 1994 and becoming friends as well as Jeremy leaving town is being used to setup a Bamon romance in S7.

Not to mention the triangle being ultimately resolved with probably an "I choose me" moment not because of storyline reasons but because of actor availability. Because you know if Nina has re-signed, that wouldn`t be the case.

I agree, I think if Nina has resigned we'd have human Elena and Damon or (gag) Elena swinging back to stefan. I much prefer Elena picking herself and happiness as an exit. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
(edited)

In my ideal make believe world TVD does a shorten season ending with Bonnie and Caroline heading to New Orleans due to "witchy matters". A freak monsoon gets rid of Cami and Haley.... and BOOM I like every cast member on The Originals!

I can't roll with that. I need Elijah with Gia and with Plec's love of triangles I just know Klaus and Elijah would be fighting over Caroline. I would trade Hayley and Elijah for Bonnie though. That would be a total win-win.

I'm happy ND is off for greener pastures,(and silently squeeing to death over possible Bamon) she is waaay too good for this crap (as is Kat) I won't miss Elena one damn bit but I will miss the possibility of Katherine. Nina is such a formidable actress that I keep forgetting that when she leaves with Elena she takes Katherine with her.

I saw spec of Sarah being introduced this season as a replacement for Elena next season (as leading lady not love interest. ..yuck)

Oh for God's sake. Have we learned nothing from those loser newbies on Glee? https://twitter.com/kyleo71/status/562829088029962241

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Even if they DID intend some sort of TVD: NextGen scenario with Sarah, my bet is they canned it once the actress didn't pan out. She just has no life in her at all.

I recommend her and Enzo riding off into the sunset together....without his daylight ring. Just sayin'

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 5

Ever since s6 started I had "this is the final season" feeling. I'm pretty sure I mentioned or asked some news about it in the episode threads and now Nina Dobrev announces she's leaving. I like Elena and, most of all, I'm sad Nina won't be part of the cast anymore (even though I can relate to her -speculation time- possible reasons to leave).

Personally, I think TVD should've ended this season. They're wrapping up several storylines (I don't consider Enzo/Sarah a storyline AT ALL), so it would've been organic. Stretching out for another season (and is s7 going to be the last?) it makes zero sense to me. Besides, they have their leading lady quitting. As much as Elena is not the only main character, it's the character that set the whole story up. We found out about the Salvatore brothers only because (and when) she found out too. You can like her or not, but it's true. Hence, I really don't understand why TPTB decided to not end the show this very season (because I can't believe they didn't even think about it once when Nina told them she had no intentions to come back).

Unless s7 is very short, I think it's a mistake.

That said, I wish Nina all the best for her life and career.

I think it`s a bit weird that apparently so many stories happen because of behind-the-scenes reasons here. MacIntire wants to leave and pursue writing more, boom, Caroline gets a grief and then humanity-switch storyline after losing her mom. McQueen wants to leave and that kinda frees Bonnie up for Damon. Now Nina leaves and that might free Damon up for Bonnie. 

How far in advance did the writers know in terms of planning? And how the hell would the story have looked like if none of these people wanted to leave?

I, too, think they should have probably ended it this year. And Nina appears to be very final in her decision so they are probably not doing an "Elena gets kidnapped and everyone is looking for her all next Season" storyline. On the other hand, I`m not sure they`d kill her off either. And she might be willing to come back for the very last episode. Couple of "no, no, never"-actors have done that with shows. 

Nina is such a formidable actress that I keep forgetting that when she leaves with Elena she takes Katherine with her.

Seriouslylast season when she started sporting those awful bangs, (I HATE HER BANGS), I remember looking at Elena and wondering what actress played her (because Kat was also running around). I have watched A LOT of soap opera dual role acting, and I do love Tatiana Maslany (that's more because obviously there are not FIVE actual clones playing her parts hee), but never ever have I so routinely forgotten that the same actress is playing two different roles. It's always really bothered me how Nina has never been acknowledged in any real way for how fucking good she is just because she is on a CW genre show. I hope someone out there casts her in movie where she can show all that range and subtle nuance.

• Love 5

Paul did say the cast would look different, so they could be trying to add new people. They could bring in Alexandra Chando (The Lying Game) as an Elena relative. lol

Oh god... That sounds awful, and yet I would not be surprised. Because when I saw Sarah my first thought was "is it me or does she look like a more tan version of Nina circa season 1?" Their hair is exactly the same. These writers' ideas are so weird sometimes and it seems they have difficulty getting the desired impression across. That whole storyline of Enzo was as desperate as the character himself. I know they probably wanted to try and not make Enzo Damon 2.0 because once Damon got out, it would make him redundant but them not sharing scenes means we forget they are besties (which is the only status that makes me care whether) and we can see how different they are and that he's not Damon 2.0. Ugh...I don't understand how the same people can be involved with the Originals and produce some of this crap. 

I think they did that so they could make I to easier to send Elena off.

From what I can see the memory wipe, Jeremy leaving town, and cure are all setups for Elena becoming human and leaving Mystic Falls in order to have a normal/healthy/happy life. I suspect that episode description with Elena reacting to Jo's pregnancy is also part of her exit.

I also think having Bamon stuck in 1994 and becoming friends as well as Jeremy leaving town is being used to setup a Bamon romance in S7.

I agree, I think if Nina has resigned we'd have human Elena and Damon or (gag) Elena swinging back to stefan. I much prefer Elena picking herself and happiness as an exit.

I really think the cure is her way out. As soon as they showed the cure I thought "Wow, is Elena exiting stage left?" I mean, she is literally the only character who can take the cure and still live outside of Caroline who is actually better off as a vampire.

• Love 2

Eh, her contract is over, she DID suck it up and keep working with him for this last year, but she owes it to no one to stay in an awkward working environment with an ex on show that has not served your character well for two years and change. She made a great decision not only for herself but one that should benefit whatever life this show has left in it.

I completely agree that Elena's character has had zero development lately. I don't think the show knows what to do with her now.

Wow. I was a bit surprised when Bonnie gave Damon the cure and talked about him planning to get it for Elena. I thought it came out of left field as there is no way Damon wants Elena as anything other than a vampire. My preference is that Elena gets the cure, wises up and chooses a life of doctoring and herself not a Salvatore.

I am a huge Defan fan, they are my OTP so a season of the 2 of them larking about and enjoying each others company suits me fine. I wonder if momma Salvatore might stick around and there be a storyline around her. Season 6 is a real sausage fest so they need some female characters around.

I don't know why she would choose being a human over being a vampire.  Her bloodlust is under control, she's got super strength and speed, can heal from practically any wound, she can daywalk, and she looks eternally young and hot.  If she wants kids, she can just sire some willing people and stick around to travel with them and show them the ropes.  

She could even adopt and raise a human child. It`s unclear how long Pearl raised Anna but it`s obviously a template. My guess is Anna asked to be turned later. But they clearly thought of each other as mother and daughter.

Thing is, the show has just never given a good enough reason why vampirism should be bad. The moral relativism? Show buried it completely. When Rebekah went on and on about a human life and how Matt had it so great, I couldn`t emphasize at all. In this universe, I wouldn`t wanna be Matt, the vampire`s punching bag and bitchboy minion, I would want to be one of the vamps, without hesitation.

The only downside I have ever seen is the heightened emotions aka pain and grief can easily become unbearable but even for that you have the humanity switch to escape it.  

She could even adopt and raise a human child. It`s unclear how long Pearl raised Anna but it`s obviously a template. My guess is Anna asked to be turned later. But they clearly thought of each other as mother and daughter.

Thing is, the show has just never given a good enough reason why vampirism should be bad. The moral relativism? Show buried it completely. When Rebekah went on and on about a human life and how Matt had it so great, I couldn`t emphasize at all. In this universe, I wouldn`t wanna be Matt, the vampire`s punching bag and bitchboy minion, I would want to be one of the vamps, without hesitation.

The only downside I have ever seen is the heightened emotions aka pain and grief can easily become unbearable but even for that you have the humanity switch to escape it.  

Based on The Originals, I think vampires are supposed to be constantly dealing with intense thirst and be moments away from giving in to their primal urges to feed.  And most vampires don't have a daylight ring, it just so happens that all the ones VD focuses on do.  So for the average vampire, you deal with bloodlust and you can't go out in the sun.  Stefan did say that most vampires don't survive their first year (though what would be killing them all has never been shown).  

Maybe the preference against vampirism is because of what "you" as a vampire would feel about yourself.  If we imagine humans as being intrinsically neutral in morality, it's safe to say that vampires are intrinsically evil.  They have an innate desire to feed on human blood, seem to enjoy murder (Caroline talks about how she enjoyed killing people), and strongly tend toward hedonism regardless of who may be hurt because of it. 

• Love 1

And most vampires don't have a daylight ring, it just so happens that all the ones VD focuses on do.

Even on The Originals, the important players all have rings, too. Marcel`s new posse all got them. Of course there are canon fodder vamps in both shows but the protagonists have not shown me in the slightest why humanity would be preferably to vampirism. Which is actually a bit uncommon for a vamp story IMO. All the ones I recall showed at least some genuine conflict. Even the, I can`t believe I`m saying this, Twilight-vamps. In TVD-verse, some of the main characters are conflicted here, I can`t really understand why. If I were a main vamp on that show, I would run screaming from that cure.,

• Love 1

I'm never sure if future episode descriptions count as spoilers or not so I'll post this here just in case.

Description of the episode airing on May 7, "I'll Wed You in the Golden Summertime":

ALARIC AND JO’S BIG DAY — It’s Alaric (Matt Davis) and Jo’s (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) wedding day and Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) do their best to help a stressed out Jo with the last minute preparations. After uncovering some life-changing news that Damon (Ian Somerhalder) has been keeping from him, Stefan (Paul Wesley) takes his brother on a road trip to give him some perspective on his future with Elena. Elsewhere, when Caroline (Candice Accola) returns to Mystic Falls after dealing with the fallout of her humanity-free rampage, she begins making amends with her friends and comes to a realization about her and Stefan’s prospects of being together. Finally, when Bonnie begins having vivid nightmares that Lily (guest star Annie Wersching) is coming after her, she enlists Matt’s (Zach Roerig) help in taking Lily down. Michael Trevino and Michael Malarkey also star.

Stefan/Damon road trip! Bonnie working with Matt! I'm just going to ignore the rest of it as I still couldn't care less about Alaric, Jo, or Caroline.

Edited by prospazzinator

Eeeee, listen y'all Bamon is fine, but Batt has been my ship since S1, Bonnie and Matt are amazing, he gets so glowy around her and of the orginal cast they share the same values vis a vis Vampires/supernatural type stuff, aka they attempted to have some morality about it all.

I love how the description flat out says 'Tyler and Enzo will be there too. We don't care either '

So true!

Given that Nina, Michael Trevino and Steven McQueen have all left, do you think that will free up the budget so that Bonnie, Caroline, Matt etc can be in more episodes? I think it could help as the characters could interact more as a group and not have to go on a road trip every couple of weeks.

• Love 1

I'm guessing stefan and demon's relationship will come to the foreground and the rest of the remaining cast will be around more often.I'm weirdly looking forward to the next season! Elena leaving does change the status quo so it will be fun to see how that unfolds

Season finale description:

GOODBYE, MYSTIC FALLS — In the aftermath of Alaric (Matt Davis) and Jo’s (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) powerful nuptials, things take a dramatic turn when an uninvited guest shows up, leaving Elena (Nina Dobrev) in terrible jeopardy. Despite Matt’s (Zach Roerig) advice to leave town to protect herself, a defiant Bonnie (Kat Graham) takes matters into her own hands after finding herself on the receiving end of a twisted plan. As Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice Accola) reach an emotional crossroad in their relationship, a reunion with Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell) leaves Tyler (Michael Trevino) faced with a decision that could change his life forever. Meanwhile, Lily's (guest star Annie Wersching) reckless actions cause Stefan to realize the lengths to which his mother will go to reunite with her “family.” Finally, after a devastating chain of events, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is forced to make the most difficult decision of his life. Michael Malarkey also stars. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Julie Plec & Caroline Dries (#622). Original airdate 5/14/2015.

Couldn't care less about Steroline or Liv/Tyler or Elena being in "terrible jeopardy" for the millionth time. The rest (Bonnie/Matt, Lily, "uninvited guest" - Kai?) looks interesting.

• Love 2

Malarkey also stars! You guys this is ridiculous. How do they even expect us to be engaged in Enzo's storylines when the official description is He stars.

For the sake of the actor, I hope they ship him off by the finale unless they have something totally brilliant in mind for season 7.

• Love 2

Malarkey has starred in pretty much every episode of TVD for a few seasons now.

Oh, Michael Malarkey. Silly me!

At first I thought you were trying to say that the synopsis write-up always just has that addendum about starring because Enzo never has enough of a storyline to warrant mentioning in the writeup.

I thought Nina did an excellent job as Elena and Katherine.  The writing is what failed everyone.  I think Ian, Candace, Kat, and Paul did really great jobs to.  They just kept getting stuck in horrible SLs.

I hope Season 7 is the last season.  Let Elena turn human, and go find Jeremy.  Then for the final season concentrate on wrapping up Damon, Stefan, Bonnie and Caroline's stories.

I read "spoilers" (who knows if they're true) elsewhere that seemed to point at Elena being under some kind of Sleeping Beauty curse that would only be lifted if Bonnie died. I kind of hope that's true because we know Nina is leaving. It would mean that Damon doesn't turn into a total psycho and decide that Bonnie has to die.

(edited)

I read "spoilers" (who knows if they're true) elsewhere that seemed to point at Elena being under some kind of Sleeping Beauty curse that would only be lifted if Bonnie died. I kind of hope that's true because we know Nina is leaving. It would mean that Damon doesn't turn into a total psycho and decide that Bonnie has to die.

That would mean the opposite of that. It'd be Operation Kill Bonnie. It would also mean Bonnie isn't getting out of TVD alive, which booooooooooo!

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

How stupid if true, Elena should be able to just go live her life away from Mystic Falls ugh.

The most recent promo for the finale at least points to some kind of coma. Damon says something like, "Ready to spend the next 60 years of my life with you?" So if the dumb curse thing plays out like the questionable spoilers suggest, it sounds like he's willing to "let" Bonnie die a natural death decades from now. Then again, it's Mystic Falls. I could totally see Bonnie biting it in the very last episode of the show so that the final scene is of a Delena reunion.

I'm so ready for next week! Whatever is going to happen, we will at least get Kai.

The most recent promo for the finale at least points to some kind of coma. Damon says something like, "Ready to spend the next 60 years of my life with you?" So if the dumb curse thing plays out like the questionable spoilers suggest, it sounds like he's willing to "let" Bonnie die a natural death decades from now. Then again, it's Mystic Falls. I could totally see Bonnie biting it in the very last episode of the show so that the final scene is of a Delena reunion.

I'm so ready for next week! Whatever is going to happen, we will at least get Kai.

I really hope these spoilers are false because otherwise Bonnie will be making one final and stupid bullshit sacrifice at the altar of Delena and I'll hurl my liqour and just stop watching now. Where did you read this awful stuff anyhow?

• Love 2

I don't remember where I read it originally because I immediately dismissed it as being silly. But it has popped up in the comments on promos and whatnot and I'm wondering if there's not something to it. It's dumb enough to be right for this show.

Can someone clarify something for me? I keep seeing people elsewhere really talking up a Bonnie/Kai ship--and I'm not hating on that, though I don't ship it myself--but I don't get the point? Christopher Wood is in JP's new show, which was picked up, so...he can't really make it past the finale, right? Am I missing something?

Chris Wood is going to be the lead on Corden so I don't really see how he could be involved in TVD unless it's only a short first season. It is based in Atlanta though so maybe he could be in brief scenes.

I wonder if Bonkai is the new Klaroline. I occasionally venture onto twitter and their shippers seem somewhat vocal and unhinged. Chris Wood and Kat Graham work well together but relationship chemistry, no. How OOC would Bonnie have go to be with him?

I do wonder if I'm blind as I just don't get 3/4 of the ships on this show but I quite like jolaric (probably the only person who does!)

• Love 2

Can someone clarify something for me? I keep seeing people elsewhere really talking up a Bonnie/Kai ship--and I'm not hating on that, though I don't ship it myself--but I don't get the point? Christopher Wood is in JP's new show, which was picked up, so...he can't really make it past the finale, right? Am I missing something?

I don't think they'll kill Kai off (waste of the best villain on this show IMO) and if Corden doesn't work out they could still bring him back as the showender BigBad but there def is a BonKai fan base, has been ever since she touched his chest and he liked it ;)

If Kai staying means the Gemini Coven nonsense drags on, then I'm torn. Love evil Kai. Couldn't care less about non-Bennett witches and witchpires. 

I've seen a lot of people who don't seem to realize that Nina/Elena is leaving. Or, given that many of them are Delena fans, maybe they're just in denial.

• Love 2

From the description it sounds like you might be right which means I'm TeamDeadElena sadly. ND can always reprise her role as Katerina for the finale (whom I always preferred)

Hm. I think Kai is a man scorned since he seems to have feelings for Bonnie.

Seems to me more likely that Kai sets the sleeping beauty spell to tether Elena to Bonnie (probably trying to incent Damon to kill Bonnie or to destroy each other and Kai probably has some sick plans for post-death Bonnie) and Bonnie finds the only way out is to release Elena to death. I can't seriously believe they will keep Elena in a coma. That was probably the plan before ND decided to leave the show and what S7 would have been about.

In that context, Damon's remark about next 60 years without her just means the 60 years they would have had together if they had lived out their human lives which is now lost due to her imminent real death, not the waiting period until Bonnie dies. That explains the coffin. The end of the memory lane tour will be Bonnie breaking the tether to kill Elena.

Kai is a psycho who wants revenge on Bonnie and Damon. That's about all the motivation he needs.

Wait, you mean witchpire plans that he has for Bonnie?

At 1st I thought this would mean that Damon would try to kill Bonnie, but I see what you're saying, that they can't wake Elena up if there is no ND...hence Bonnie is safe.

No, I meant if they all agreed that Bonnie should cut the tether. That she shouldn't be stuck with something like this for the rest of her life so that Elena would wake up.

If the coma-curse thing is even happening because that sounds too weird for me.