Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation With Spoilers

Adorable sure except I felt like it was a glaring neon sign that poor Liz is going to kick the bucket and that's the devastating news Stefan is going to have to tell Caroline. 

I had the same feeling while watching it. 

I think Elena will be staked (non fatal) this ep, there was a spoiler (gif) of Nina doing a funny dance with a stake in her chest. Maybe this is the catalyst for her epiphany that life is too short (even for an immortal). Nothing to do with any other tragedy. JS.

Carolines tragedy will be in service to SC.  Still the same old story though, it is how Stefan and Elena bonded back in the day.

Edited by miss-vanilla

Ugh... If Liz dies I will not handle it well.  We need her!
Plus that'll make Caroline inconsolable and really upset Damon.  And, c'mon, we need adults and humans on this show!  :(

BUT, it fits if the spoilers say we're getting a great brother moment and Steroline moments.  :(

• Love 1

Julie Plec tweeted a bunch of spoilers via Just Jared Jr.

“There WILL be a merge: but with which witches? (say that ten times fast) #TVD”

“We will finally meet the REAL Sarah Salvatore. #TVD”

“There will be a gorgeous episode directed by @paulwesley. #TVD”

“Bonnie WILL return…. but when? And how will her experience have changed her? #TVD”

“We will get to meet Young Caroline and Young Stefan (in separate flashbacks, obvi) #TVD”

“There will be kissing. A LOT of kissing. By more than one couple. #TVD”

“There will be a hook-up, a break-up, and a make-up. Not necessarily by the same couple. #TVD”

“There will be blood. #TVD (sorry, couldn’t resist)”

“More than one person will die. #TVD”

“Bonnie has a birthday. #TVD 2015.”

“Matt Donovan gets a life calling. #TVD”

“Tyler Lockwood takes a stand on behalf of his girl. #tvd 2015″

“We get to see an 1858 Damon Salvatore. #TVD 2015″

“Stefan Salvatore fixes a friendship….and then some. #TVD”

“Elena Gilbert gets a proposition that could change her life forever. #tvd 2015″

“Jeremy Gilbert applies to art school. No really. #tvd 2015 #dotheyhavecrossbowsthere”

“Alaric Saltzman falls in sweet sweet love. #TVD”

“Enzo meets a girl. #TVD 2015″

“Caroline Forbes ponders the functionality of vampire blood. #TVD 2015″

Edited by kmariee

I dig that Jeremy wants to go to art school, they showed he had a talent in Season 1 and then just kind of left it by the wayside. It's a nice callback and it could be good for his characterization if all of his fellow students and teachers don't end up getting killed.

• Love 1

Bonnie who? Oh you mean that girl dead somewhere...yeah they don't care. No, instead let's focus more on Enzo's moronic plan of revenge against Stefan that makes no sense, everyone having to save Elena AGAIN, Damon and Elena's tedious, boring and repetitive relationship and the current big bad evil which is Kai right now. And somewhere along the way throw in a bit of Caroline and maybe some more hinting of a possible Caroline and Stefan relationship that will go nowhere. But really it will as always be all about the male characters and Elena. So again, Bonnie who?

• Love 4

As a viewer who's watched the show since the beginning, I cannot explain how INCREDIBLY frustrating this is... but I'll try. 

1. All of the sudden Elena has been kidnapped and it's all hands on deck? Wasn't everyone just concerned with their girlfriends that they've known all of 5 seconds when Bonnie was trapped with a psychopath? Hasn't everyone known Bonnie the same length of time as they've known Elena essentially? 
  2. Now Kai has to be stopped because Elena was kidnapped even though Damon has been talking about how dangerous this guy was for episodes? 
  3. At least they have the possibility of finding Elena in THIS dimensional plane. Where's Elena? oh.... right... about that...
  4. If Bonnie somehow gets herself out of Kai's hell without anyone's help because lets face it, she's always been self sufficient, is she just going to be relegated to finding Elena when Elena couldn't even bother to get into a car AND MEET HER HALF WAY??? Oh, because Elena was talking about her erased feelings for Damon

This is beyond ridiculous for the fact that Bonnie always gets the shaft, it's just bad plot structure. If the first half of the season was devoted to getting Bonnie out then why add another rescue mention to it? Bonnie was so close to getting a plot line that was worth while this year but yet again, she'll be relegated to back burner nonsense. 

I just can't...

• Love 4

Another let's rescue Elena plot...what's the point of a supernatural show if your main character isn't badass?  Sometimes I wonder if the show is actually supposed to be more about the Salvatore brothers than Elena.  That would probably make more sense given how active the Salvatores always are compared to Elena.

From E!:

AliSomebody: Anything about Bonnie/Jeremy pleeeeease
If/when Bonnie ever does get out of the prison world and back to reality on The Vampire Diaries, Jeremy is going to notice some pretty major changes in his girlfriend. That burning Christmas tree was a symbol for Bonnie letting go of her past. ""It was definitely symbolic," executive producer Caroline Dries told us. "Bonnie was trying to see the silver lining in her situation and get out and enjoy a day where she could celebrate and reminisce and not feel sorry for herself. She tried to take the high road, and she did, but by the end of the day she realized, ‘This isn't working. I'm alone here. This sucks. Screw it.' This first chapter of Bonnie being stuck in this prison world is over, and a new badass Bonnie is emerging." Badass Bonnie? We are here. For. This!

Yeah sure, I'll buy when I see it. And please, if anything it'll probably be like a redux of Season 1 when she was anti-vampires for a period after Grams died. The writers made it so that she was almost a horrible person for her feelings and "don't give a shit" attitude about the vampires. 

• Love 3

New thought....Spoilers indicate Kai will need help and or time to adjust to his new powers because they are from the Travellers and possibly too much for him to handle.  What if HE is the one who brings Bonnie back? He's a rather mercurial sort and it would be awfully convenient for Kai to have Bonnie to come back and see all these people rallying to save Elena yet again while they leave her to suffer in the prison world all by herself in spite of their so-called friendship and everything she's done for them like I dunno...resurrecting every last one of them from the dead at her own pain and expense. Probably the only person who can really stop Kai IS Bonnie but it does seem more like Kai to bring back someone formidable enough to stop him then give her a wonderful reason not to which is basically that her friends are complete and total assholes and not worth a locator spell.

Otherwise I don't see how Bonnie is getting out of there unless her Grams comes for her because there's no more magic left in that world, he took it all. Unless each day resets itself then I guess she can get it from the knife although she'd need magic to get the magic so really....Kai looks like the only feasible option to me. We all know any efforts to save Bonnie will go right out the window once Damon thinks Elena is threatened. Maybe Kai can do some sort of crystal ball spell so Bonnie can see all the shitty ways people are basically leaving her to her own devices and THEN bring her back. Maybe he cuts some sort of deal like help him sort out his magic for her freedom or something. Just some ideas. I miss Bonnie guys :(

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

First, the show is coming back for Season 7 which is not a surprise but I wish it were ending this season instead. Second, terrible news for non-Delena fans. There was some talk that they will be working toward "stasis," which I think means they want them to be together and then just be stable. I assume that's what it means. There's nothing that could sound less interesting to me than Delena's "honeymoon phase," so maybe I'm back out of this show. Well, we had a good 6A, I will give them that.

I get it.  TVD, whatever any of us think of the quality, is a guaranteed paycheck and none of the actors are in hot demand for other well paying acting projects.  Even Kat is only rumored to be a possible candidate for X-Men, and I have a feeling they'll go with an actress who primarily does movies anyway (maybe Lupita, maybe someone else).  I'm curious as to whether or not the current cast will all remain or if some will leave or be cut?  We all know that Paul hasn't been enthusiastic about the show but, again, it's a guaranteed paycheck.  Same with Candice.  I can see them sticking around with maybe Paul renegotiating his contract to include more behind the scenes stuff (since he seemed to enjoy that).  I'm much more curious about the other actors.  I think a case can be made for them dumping everyone else and going with brand new recurring actors next season, as it would be cheaper and the show will no doubt be subjected to budget cuts for season 7.

Did the panel talk about any upcoming stories other than the Damon/Elena one?  Any spoilers on what's happening with Tyler, the merge, or anyone else?

I feel like that's the point of bringing in Enzo and the twin witches. Enzo is clearly supposed to be the Damon sub the same way Richard Grieco (remember him?) was supposed to sub for Johnny Depp on 21 Jumpstreet before they gave him a spinoff. Maybe they'll turn Matt and he'll be the Stefan to Enzo's Damon. The twins I guess are supposed to be the witch contingent and I guess they would keep Alaric and his insta-girlfriend Jo, probably Tyler and Jeremy to keep the werewolf and hunter contingent, I don't think Kat Graham would stay for any reason IMO, even without possible rumours of movies she has a music career that she loves and her Cover Girl stuff to provide a paycheque so I could see her leaving to pursue that full-time. 

Edited by slayer2

Well in the media thread it just said that

Jeremy

is leaving the show. 

I personally don't see why Kat would leave unless she was doing X-Men. I'm sure none of the checks she's getting is as good as TVD'There's nothing that could sound less interesting to me than Delena's "honeymoon phase," so maybe I'm back out of this show. Well, we had a good 6A, I will give them that.

There's nothing that could sound less interesting to me than Delena's "honeymoon phase," so maybe I'm back out of this show. Well, we had a good 6A, I will give them that.

Completely and utterly agree. 6A was such a nice and welcomed change of pace, them going back to status quo sounds like rehashed torture. 

Edited by PTVjones
  • Love 1

Yeah, I'm likely off end of season 6 as well especially since Jeremy is gone, the optimist in me says: Bamon but the realist says this is Plec and she's cutting Bonnie's ties so she can drop Kat down to recurring (which she basically is now) or cut her out of the show.

If that's the case I reckon I'll swing by here once and a while to grit my teeth and have a bitchfest with y'all but I'm taking my bows for the series in April. Last thing I need or want or can actually stomach is a season of Delena in "honeymoon" love. Blech forever (yes I am 12)

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

I do so enjoy when Julie and co talk about not writing "fan service" but in the next breathe talk about how we're going to see Delena's honeymoon period.... like a bunch of preteen girls.
I have to say I'm pretty hard-pressed to think of anything less appealing than the current storyline of Elena being taken for the 100th time and then to look forward to a honeymoon period for her and Damon.
As someone who is a fan of Caroline and Stefan, but not in the romance department I starting to think it's likely this might be my last season.

• Love 1

So as someone who does not like the Delena I'm actually ok with this whole "honeymoon" phase and here's why. I'm so unbelieveable sick of these two just being the center of the show and have all these dumb obstacles (sirebond, doppelganger nonsense, Kathlena, mindwipe) put in between them so we have to drag out the angst between them for no reason. This show seems hard pressed to make me believe these two are actually good for each other and make each other better so fine. Rather than just having Stefan TELL me why D&E belong together SHOW me why I should root for this two because it has failed to do that so far.

What I want to happen is after Damon saves Elena (gag) and they'll be all "honeymoon" phase with each other until Bonnie returns. Bonnie is supposed to come back changed and a little darker (bonus points if she calls Elena out on her mindwipe while Bonnie sacrificed herself to send Damon back for Elena) and I want to see Damon putting Bonnie before Elena because he wants to save her and give her back her hope like she did for him. Than Elena will get all jealous that Damon is spending all his efforts to help Bonnie and putting her first rather than focusing on Elena which will allow Damon to see her true colors. Could you imagine if we got Elena vs. Bonnie and Damon choses Bonnie's side! I almost passed out from excitement just thinking about it.

For Delena to actually be done done Damon has to reject Elena because of the person SHE is not because he thinks he doesn't deserve her. With the way Elena has been written the last couple of seasons its not out of reach for her to react that way to Damon putting Bonnie before her.

• Love 3

I somewhat agree with the previous post.  However, I am a Delena fan... in theory.  We haven't gotten to see them together much because of all the aforementioned obstacles!  I'm sick of the convoluted ways and reasons that they can't be together.  There relationship does.not.need.to.be this complicated and it doesn't need to be the center of the plot!  Just have them be together and focus on plot driven storylines rather than contrived relationship-driven, angst-making storylines!

I LOVE Damon and I (again, in theory) like Delena, but I much prefer the Damon and Elena of Season 1-3 because their growing relationship was on the sidelines of *actual real plot*.  It frustrates the crap out of me that we are being TOLD, in retrospect, about the great parts of their relationship.  Not being SHOWN it.  Its like they haven't even been together for the last 2 seasons, but all the fans are aggravated about it anyway (both the Delena haters hate the way it is, and the Delena lovers hate the way it is)  who wins with this situation?  I'm grasping at *moments* where I see what I like onscreen!

ALL that being said, I am actually enjoying this season for the first time since early season 4-ish so I see progress and I won't be jumping ship (like I could, I have to see things through until the (probably) bitter end)

As for Jeremy moving on, I'm glad.  He's been a useless character for many seasons and he needs to distance himself from the crazy supernatural lifestyle.  I wouldn't be surprised if Matt moved on, too (or got killed off this season, cause he's got very little use left AND he's so over the supes)

Edited by GeekGirlnb
  • Love 2

I LOVE Damon and I (again, in theory) like Delena, but I much prefer the Damon and Elena of Season 1-3 because their growing relationship was on the sidelines of *actual real plot*.  It frustrates the crap out of me that we are being TOLD, in retrospect, about the great parts of their relationship.  Not being SHOWN it.  Its like they haven't even been together for the last 2 seasons, but all the fans are aggravated about it anyway (both the Delena haters hate the way it is, and the Delena lovers hate the way it is)  who wins with this situation?  I'm grasping at *moments* where I see what I like onscreen!

Agree with everything here. I liked Delena in seasons 1-3 and I would have had no problem with Elena choosing Damon in S3 after everything with Stefan. In fact I felt like her phone call with Damon alluded to the fact that down the road she would probably choose Damon, she just wasn't ready to let Stefan go. The show is much more successful when SE or DE is the side plot and not the central focus, S4 made me hate Delena because I felt like they we're having the same conversation over and over again and the sirebond was just such a frustrating storyline (seriously did anyone like this plot?) Now my problem with Delena is simply Elena, I can't stand the character, but if they can somehow improve her by showing happy Delena than fine just stop with the nonsense.

I know people always say "a happy couple is a boring couple" but I don't think that's true, I just think you can't have any couple over power the central plot. I am digging this season though, I haven't been this intrigued by the show since S3. And it's because the Gemini Coven plot interests me, Kai is a fabulous villain and you've seen a lot of different characters interact that previously never did. Bonnie especially was someone who bored me the previous 2 seasons because she was so depressing but now she's become this fierce woman who I want to see so much more of.

I know this show is a soap at it's core and it's driven by relationships but it's stronger when it focuses on multiple relationships. I mean I love Stefan and Caroline but even I was over the angst after the 8th episode and these are two characters who never fought previous to this season. I've watched this show since the pilot aired and I know I'm going to stick it out until the bitter end but last season I was so close to giving up and I really hope I don't have that feeling again. S7 should be the end though, I don't want to hate watch this like I do Supernatural.

Edited by kmariee
  • Love 1

Clips from this week's episode:

Nice to see Damon visiting Liz. As much as Damon bugs me, I've always liked their friendship. 

Also, saw this from the episode summary:

Meanwhile, Stefan, who has his own intentions for traveling to North Carolina, is caught off guard when Enzo shows up demanding to know what Stefan is hiding.

Seriously, can vampires file restraining orders because I feel like Stefan may have a good case for being stalked by Enzo. Plec and company are going to have to come up with something better to excuse keeping Enzo around because this is really becoming pretty pathetic. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

OMG please stop with the Vampire Blood cures everything but cancer shit. Just make it a moral stand she's taking, I've always appreciated the moral gray of this show, but that would make Liz's determination to die a human death all the more moving.

• Love 4

OMG please stop with the Vampire Blood cures everything but cancer shit. Just make it a moral stand she's taking, I've always appreciated the moral gray of this show, but that would make Liz's determination to die a human death all the more moving.

Agree. Although I will say if I get an actual explanation as to why vampire blood can't cure cancer, maybe because the nature of cancer is different than other diseases they've cured on this show, I'll be fine with that. I mean why can't Damon say "well because after I took down the Augustine Society I read through Dr. Wes' journals and it said it was never successful." IDK but I need something better than "well we never heard about it working so obviously it doesn't work" UGH!

However I can see Liz refusing vampire blood because she's afraid if it doesn't work and she dies with the blood in her system than she has to put Caroline through the same thing that happened with her father. It's perfectly in character for Liz to not want to become a vampire and be content with dying a natural human death, this could be an incredibly emotional storyline if it's done right.

• Love 1

Here's the thing- I agree, I'm not completely against the whole "vamp blood don't cure cancer you fools!"... But I'm going to need a little more of an explanation instead of everyone just acting like it's a crazy theory. Also, why is Damon all "we don't want to mess with mystical weird magically stuff". Dude.... that's all you morons do on this show! Does the name Silas ring a bell, hmmm? Sometimes I swear we're the only ones who actual watch this show.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the issue of giving her the blood to see if it works is. A) she apparently is already terminal. b) If she dies with the blood in her and turns, she can just refuse blood and die.
This whole storyline doesn't really jibe with what we have seen on this show.
....... However, if this leads to my carebear heading to New Orleans to get away, I will do a 180 and be on here writing how awesome this storyline is! (kidding- well, sorta).

• Love 1

Here's the thing- I agree, I'm not completely against the whole "vamp blood don't cure cancer you fools!"... But I'm going to need a little more of an explanation instead of everyone just acting like it's a crazy theory. Also, why is Damon all "we don't want to mess with mystical weird magically stuff". Dude.... that's all you morons do on this show! Does the name Silas ring a bell, hmmm? Sometimes I swear we're the only ones who actual watch this show.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the issue of giving her the blood to see if it works is. A) she apparently is already terminal. b) If she dies with the blood in her and turns, she can just refuse blood and die.

Especially since they've indicated that the period of it being "in your system" is about 24 hours. Unless she's at death's door, it's not even really a risk. And like Caroline's father, she can just choose not to turn if that's what she wants. It's stupid not to try.

But I'm not opposed to the idea that vampire blood on its own can't cure cancer. I could buy that what it does is heal acute wounds, but that it doesn't go through your cells and clean them out and kill growths or whatever. That's fine, and it actually does jibe with what Grayson (and other Whitmore people) were doing--testing out vampire blood for uses in humans. They even talked about cancer, right? He was treating some little kid, wasn't he? If it had been as easy as just giving the kid blood once, he would have just done that. So I'm fine with it being vampire blood + medical science = cure for cancer, but then Elena burned all of the files on that stuff, right? So they'd have to start from scratch. And maybe that's what they'll do; maybe Jo and Elena will work on medical crap to see if they can come up with something.

Or else they'll just let Liz die because that's what the writers want, and yeah, they definitely don't care about their own mythology or logic enough to let that get in their way.

• Love 3

Especially since they've indicated that the period of it being "in your system" is about 24 hours. Unless she's at death's door, it's not even really a risk. And like Caroline's father, she can just choose not to turn if that's what she wants. It's stupid not to try.

But I'm not opposed to the idea that vampire blood on its own can't cure cancer. I could buy that what it does is heal acute wounds, but that it doesn't go through your cells and clean them out and kill growths or whatever. That's fine, and it actually does jibe with what Grayson (and other Whitmore people) were doing--testing out vampire blood for uses in humans. They even talked about cancer, right? He was treating some little kid, wasn't he? If it had been as easy as just giving the kid blood once, he would have just done that. So I'm fine with it being vampire blood + medical science = cure for cancer, but then Elena burned all of the files on that stuff, right? So they'd have to start from scratch. And maybe that's what they'll do; maybe Jo and Elena will work on medical crap to see if they can come up with something.

Or else they'll just let Liz die because that's what the writers want, and yeah, they definitely don't care about their own mythology or logic enough to let that get in their way.

They haven't given a timetable yet on how long they give Liz right, like she has 2 months to live or something? I just think Liz would be opposed to putting Caroline through what happened with her father, because Caroline kept trying to persuade her father to drink blood and she wasn't as close to him as she is to her mother. I mean essentially she'd be asking Caroline to deal with watching her mother die twice.

So in 5x10 Wes says Grayson was "working with Augustine to turn vampire blood into a magical cure-all to fight disease, cure cancer, save the world" so I guess that means something has to be done to the blood to help it fight some diseases. Of course Elena burned all those files because Damon broke up with her in that same episode so yet again, way to go Elena.

It seems like in the clip Damon slept in Liz's hospital room so perhaps they had a conversation and she asked him to back her up about not using vampire blood. Caroline isn't going to take this laying down (I mean does she ever) and we'll probably see different characters taking different sides. Like Damon takes Liz's side and Stefan takes Caroline's side (or at least supports her in her quest.) Maybe the person Caroline is heading down to NC to see use to be involved with the Augustine society?

I'm trying not to pass judgement until the end of this episode because there's only so much information you can get from a web clip and synopsis but I really hope they don't drop the ball. You've been doing so well this season TVD don't screw it up!

Edited by kmariee

I just hate this never before mentioned thing being treated like it's KNOWN FACT.  It's just like the whole SIRING whatever it's RARE so rare it happened to precious fucking Damon TWICE.  Because what that means is that someone with Cancer could never be turned because they would still DIE from cancer. Immortality is immortality Jesus.

• Love 2

I just hate this never before mentioned thing being treated like it's KNOWN FACT.  It's just like the whole SIRING whatever it's RARE so rare it happened to precious fucking Damon TWICE.  Because what that means is that someone with Cancer could never be turned because they would still DIE from cancer. Immortality is immortality Jesus.

I'm pretty sure becoming a vampire cures cancer, it's just that vampire blood doesn't cure cancer because there's no deficiency there, there's no infection to kill. It's perfectly healthy cells that won't stop dividing.  Vampire blood doesn't cure broken necks either but it still turns that person into a vampire.

• Love 2

Poor Bonnie. I hope she slams the door in all of their faces. (Except Caroline, because she's going through some shit and doesn't deserve that.)

Yeah but Caroline hasn't lifted a finger to help find Bonnie even before her mother's diagnosis. I hope they all find out what the five fingers said to the face very soon (Damon excepted of course).

• Love 2

I agree about Caroline--I meant to include her in the door-slamming, but then it just made me feel a little sad. And I was trying to remember when she learned that Bonnie was alive--she learned at the end of episode 8, and we left off on episode 10, with her mom's diagnosis. But, 608 was Thanksgiving and 610 was Christmas, so yeah, that was a month of time that she could have been kicking everyone's ass to get shit done.

I'd be more hopeful about getting a good story for Bonnie when she gets back if it weren't for the fact that we're going to be spending that time seeing the Delena honeymoon period. So, there are two people who will be too wrapped up in each other to care about Bonnie any more than they ever do when they're together, which is to say: only enough that she doesn't harsh their buzz.

• Love 2

Producer's Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k55xyB5McI

I have to say that I'm really looking forward to Paul's direction. I remember thinking several shots were beautifully framed in his last episode as director.

Agreed. I thought visually 5x18 was beautiful and I think a lot of that was because of Paul. I remember in particular I really loved the scene between Stefan and Elena in front of the fire place. It gave some really great closure to their romantic relationship and it showed how much they'll always care about each other. The vision scenes were beautiful too.

I agree about Caroline--I meant to include her in the door-slamming, but then it just made me feel a little sad. And I was trying to remember when she learned that Bonnie was alive--she learned at the end of episode 8, and we left off on episode 10, with her mom's diagnosis. But, 608 was Thanksgiving and 610 was Christmas, so yeah, that was a month of time that she could have been kicking everyone's ass to get shit done.

Yeah I think the problem in regards to Caroline and the Bonnie search is Candice wasn't in 609 (because she just got married and went on her honeymoon) so they had to come up with an excuse at to why she wasn't around. She did make a comment to Elena in 610 asking how their search for the ascendant was going and she was concerned that Bonnie was alone on Christmas. I think because Liz found out about her illness in 607 she wanted to spend as much time as possible with Caroline so she took her on vacation in 609 and showed up in her form to decorate for Christmas on 610.

In regards to Carolines actions or lack there of....I would have rather they made some mention of Caroline doing something to help Bonnie. Even just a slight tweak to the mention about her being away with Liz, for example " She's with Liz blah blah blah, but you know Caroline she brought tons of grimoires to read to try and help."
She's usually such a persistent little energizer bunny that her lack of action seemed OOC to me. 

Poor Bonnie.... I was all for Kat getting to have good material and a solo storeline to sink her teeth into, but.... Episode 15, seriously?!?

• Love 2

So as someone who does not like the Delena I'm actually ok with this whole "honeymoon" phase and here's why. I'm so unbelieveable sick of these two just being the center of the show and have all these dumb obstacles (sirebond, doppelganger nonsense, Kathlena, mindwipe) put in between them so we have to drag out the angst between them for no reason. This show seems hard pressed to make me believe these two are actually good for each other and make each other better so fine. Rather than just having Stefan TELL me why D&E belong together SHOW me why I should root for this two because it has failed to do that so far.

What I want to happen is after Damon saves Elena (gag) and they'll be all "honeymoon" phase with each other until Bonnie returns. Bonnie is supposed to come back changed and a little darker (bonus points if she calls Elena out on her mindwipe while Bonnie sacrificed herself to send Damon back for Elena) and I want to see Damon putting Bonnie before Elena because he wants to save her and give her back her hope like she did for him. Than Elena will get all jealous that Damon is spending all his efforts to help Bonnie and putting her first rather than focusing on Elena which will allow Damon to see her true colors. Could you imagine if we got Elena vs. Bonnie and Damon choses Bonnie's side! I almost passed out from excitement just thinking about it.

For Delena to actually be done done Damon has to reject Elena because of the person SHE is not because he thinks he doesn't deserve her. With the way Elena has been written the last couple of seasons its not out of reach for her to react that way to Damon putting Bonnie before her.

It's funny I was watching a couple of old episodes of TVD this weekend, I was never a regular watcher, so now and then I go back and catch a couple I've missed, and one of the episodes was the one where Lexi came back and told Jeremy Elena needed to figure out the Damon thing because he would either be the best thing or her or the worst.  I'm not a Delena shipper, mostly because I couldn't understand what their relationship was built on beside sex, and I always assumed it would eventually just kinda peter out, but I agree, this time between Damon and Elena is necessary.   In my mind they BOTH need to realize that they don't belong together.  That Damon's interest in her is honestly all about his drama with his brother and Elena's is about her guilt over wanting to be and liking being a vampire.  They need to go through this and hopefully end up on the other side (hopefully apart).  I just wish the writers didnt think that in order for us to accept Delena they need to force a relationship between Stefan and Caroline.

I hope that when Bonnie comes back Damon is able to be a friend to her, but for once not out of some ridiculous loyalty to Elena ( the only reason he's given two shits about her in the past) but because this is the first time (ok second if we count Alaric) he's had a REAL friend.

Edited by wednesbury
  • Love 1
I just wish the writers didnt think that in order for us to accept Delena they need to force a relationship between Stefan and Caroline.

I don't think the Stefan/Caroline's psuedo-relationship has a thing to do with Damon and Elena and getting viewers to accept them. Damon and Elena have been banging each other on every available surface since Season 4 and Elena made her choice to be with him when she had her humanity back at the end of that season. And the beginning of Season 5 was all about hearing how she had the summer of her life loving (or really let's be frank with Damon and Elena it was basically having sex but whatever) Damon. All the while Stefan and Caroline was merely a maybe possibility by some shippers who wanted them together.

Only now in Season 6, have the writers had it explicitly vocalized that Caroline has romantic feelings for Stefan and the whole thing is still being dragged on and I for one still don't believe Plec and company are actually going to legitimately put them together. I think it will continue to be one long tease with no payoff. Stefan and Caroline are being hinted at not to make people accept Damon and Elena because I don't think Plec and company care about people accepting the latter, largely because in their minds, I think they believe they are a popular paring so they are already accepted by viewers.

Instead, Stefan and Caroline are being dangled as a possibility because their shippers have gotten more and more vocal and others have also been vocal about how ridiculous it is that Stefan is simply hanging around like some asexual person since his relationship with Elena ended. It is ridiculous that Elena gets to hop from Stefan onto his brother and all the while declare how she's never had more passion and love in her life or whatever latest bullshit she spouts about Damon and Stefan never even gets a chance to move on. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

Instead, Stefan and Caroline are being dangled as a possibility because their shippers have gotten more and more vocal and others have also been vocal about how ridiculous it is that Stefan is simply hanging around like some asexual person since his relationship with Elena ended. It is ridiculous that Elena gets to hop from Stefan onto his brother and all the while declare how she's never had more passion and love in her life or whatever latest bullshit she spouts about Damon and Stefan never even gets a chance to move on. 

Maybe you're right.  To me it feels like Plec has been attempting to dissuade any tiny hope that while Elena and Damon are in bliss right now, that Elena and Stefan are endgame. By finding a new "true love" for Stefan it finishes closing the door on Stelena.  The slow gravitation between Stefan and Caroline, is her way of showing us "it's real".  They didn't just rebound into each other, they found each other through a deep connected friendship.  Bleh.

I think it's difficult to start to introduce new characters to fill the "epic love" slots for your leads when you're in the dwindling years of your series, but I don't think that's enough of a reason to create their relationship. Plus bring on new characters!! Both Stefan and Caroline deserve character definition outside who they are banging.  I mean I know it's the CW, so love and drama is paramount but there must be something else of interest that at 150 year old vampire and 4 year old vampire can get into.  I prefer their relationship was more like his and Lexi's.  I want to see Stefan realize that his friendship with Caroline is enough for him to not feel like his most recent stay in MF was a waste because of Elena.

• Love 1
(edited)

TVD hasn't introduced a good "new" character since the Mikaelsons, in my opinion. I don't give a shit about Luke, Liv, or Jo. I've never cared about any of Elena or Bonnie's distraction love interests. So the whole "bring on someone new" for Caroline and Stefan just falls flat for me. I can say with assurance that I wouldn't care about those characters at all, and it would only sideline C and/or S if they were stuck in a sideplot developing a new character. 

And this is a teen (now 20s) vampire romance show. The characters are going to be in various states of romantic relationships, always. So I don't buy into the idea that any of the characters should particularly be solo for any extended period of time, just because that's not the nature of the show. In real life? Sure. Here, that's never going to happen.

So personally, I'm pro-Steroline because: Step 1--JP and CD utterly destroyed Stelena, brick by brick. First they ruined Elena as a character, which would have been enough, but the damage they've done to those two and purposeful friendzoning has killed that ship for me for good. Step 2--I came to really enjoy and root for Steroline I think because they've taken so much time developing it. I mean, it's honestly been in the works for two full seasons, and not one explicitly romantic thing has happened yet. It feels more like a natural transition, and honestly like a natural next step for these two people who are so much closer to self-actualized than their previous love interests were. I like them, and I'm really rooting for the show not to drop the ball on this storyline as they have almost every other I've even half-enjoyed since S3.

I get that a lot of people don't like them, but I don't think the Steroline fandom was big enough or vocal enough for this story to be a result of that. At all. Other than Delena, Klaroline is/was certainly the loudest fandom. Just my take.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 3

I mean, it's honestly been in the works for two full seasons, and not one explicitly romantic thing has happened yet.

Which is exactly my biggest argument against it, I don't feel ANYTHING romantic between them really, and the last two seasons have sucked like a hoover, so I'm just not particularly invested in this, not more than I am in their friendship. I used to think they at least had chemistry but that's gone out the window for me this season. 

I would agree though that if that relationship happens it's not driven my Steroline fandom, but more by they need to give Stefan and consolation prize and Caroline is no one's consolation prize.  I'd much rather see her over in New Orleans, because Candice is too awesome to be wasted on TVD anymore, and The Originals is sorely lacking in sparkling women characters, I'd easily trade Leah Pipe/Phoebe Tonkin for one Caroline.

• Love 1
So personally, I'm pro-Steroline because: Step 1--JP and CD utterly destroyed Stelena, brick by brick. First they ruined Elena as a character, which would have been enough, but the damage they've done to those two and purposeful friendzoning has killed that ship for me for good. Step 2--I came to really enjoy and root for Steroline I think because they've taken so much time developing it. I mean, it's honestly been in the works for two full seasons, and not one explicitly romantic thing has happened yet. It feels more like a natural transition, and honestly like a natural next step for these two people who are so much closer to self-actualized than their previous love interests were. I like them, and I'm really rooting for the show not to drop the ball on this storyline as they have almost every other I've even half-enjoyed since S3.

All this so much....

As for the fandom not being big enough, I disagree. Yes Klaroline was popular but Klaroline also became a nonentity once The Originals was a go. The only solution was to move Caroline from TVD to The Originals. But as long as they were on separate shows, it wasn't happening but the writers still made it possible to throw the shippers a bone. 

Stefan and Caroline's fandom may not be as huge as Damon/Elena but it is there and I do think they have gotten more vocal in more recent seasons. More importantly, the pairing started showing up in the media as well. There were many entertainment blogs, sites, reviews, etc. that started mentioning the possibility of the two, why it would work, why it would be a good idea. And then it started popping up a lot more in questions to the creators on social media, in interviews, cast appearances, etc.

So I wouldn't say that didn't factor in at all. I also completely disagree that Stefan/Caroline is a need to give Stefan a "consolation" prize. I really think it's has to do again, with the fandom increasing but also, as noted above, this is a teen (20's) romance show and the fact is relationships, romantic ones at that are a core part of these shows. I also get why some feel there isn't any chemistry between Stefan and Caroline because they certainly don't give off the rip your clothes off intensity that Damon/Elena do, Elena and Stefan had at one point in their early relationship, even Caroline and Tyler and Caroline and Klaus.

That said, it's funny but I was one of those for as much as I could recognize the chemistry between Damon and Elena, I have always hated that pairing and similarly I was mostly indifferent to Elena and Stefan because I've always kind of hated Elena. All that to say that I love Stefan and I love Caroline and I love them in scenes together and that's more than enough for me to enjoy them in a romantic relationship. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1