Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation With Spoilers

If this does end up being the final season then they could just turn everyone human and live out their lives in Mystic Falls.  The Salvatores, Elena and Caro all could be saved.  The brothers' gunshot wounds were clearly severe enough in the Civil War era but could be survived in the modern day fairly easily.  Elena just needs the water removed from her lungs and Caro needs to be given a breathing tube.  Then all four are human again.  Now, I don't think Damon would want to become human unless he's with Elena again and she expresses a desire to get married and have children, so there's that to consider.  Caro still believes that she was broken as a human and would probably hesitate unless someone were to help her see that she wasn't.  That's where the conflict could come from if the show were to go there.

If this does end up being the final season then they could just turn everyone human and live out their lives in Mystic Falls.  The Salvatores, Elena and Caro all could be saved.  The brothers' gunshot wounds were clearly severe enough in the Civil War era but could be survived in the modern day fairly easily.  Elena just needs the water removed from her lungs and Caro needs to be given a breathing tube.  Then all four are human again. 

Are we sure that being devampired in Mystic Falls means they're not revampired when the magic returns?  Is it possible that 'Ric will revamp once he's back across the magic line?  Because that's the only thing I can think of that justifies the continuity failure of Elena's memories not coming back when 'Ric became human.

Are we sure that being devampired in Mystic Falls means they're not revampired when the magic returns?  Is it possible that 'Ric will revamp once he's back across the magic line?  Because that's the only thing I can think of that justifies the continuity failure of Elena's memories not coming back when 'Ric became human.

Well, it seems that Tyler is un-vamped and un-wolf-cursed ever since being dragged through Mystic Falls's vampire bug zapper (tm Enzo). Of course he also died and went to the other side first, but that hasn't un-vamped anyone else.

Edited because "has" and "hasn't" are decidedly not the same.

Edited by RachelKM

Well, it seems that Tyler is un-vamped and un-wolf-cursed ever since being dragged through Mystic Falls's vampire bug zapper (tm Enzo). Of course he also died and went to the other side first, but that has un-vamped anyone else.

True, and if they go that way I won't be surprised--they've been selective about their world's rules before, but they do have an out with Alaric; he was not quite a regular vampire. 

Goddammit. I can't believe Bonnie is stuck over there for four more episodes (at least)! Unless Damon gets stuck back over there with her, that is terrible news, since she is the only thing I really like about this season so far.

• Love 5

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Vampire-Diaries-Exclusive-1089446.aspx?rss=breakingnews

Not sure if this is the right place for this (maybe media? since the episode thread isn't open yet) but figured this would be a safe bet in case someone likes to remain completely spoiler free.

I enjoyed the scene itself, love the 3 guys joking around at Stefan's expense, but the idea that Stefan never even considered Caroline in that way after all this time speaks volumes about his feelings. I love the friendship dynamic between the characters but feel like any romantic entanglement will just end with Caroline feeling 2nd best to Elena again.  Been there, done that... no need to repeat, thank you very much.

I enjoyed the scene itself, love the 3 guys joking around at Stefan's expense, but the idea that Stefan never even considered Caroline in that way after all this time speaks volumes about his feelings.

On the one hand this sounds pretty friend-zoning but on the other, this is pretty much how Olicity started over on Arrow, with the guy clueless/in denial till one days his eyes opened. I just hope the Steroline chemistry works better in future scenes than the last episode.

Other than that, I thought it was cute clip. Damon carrying around Bonnie`s bear is sweet. Him, Ric and Stefan joking around and ribbing each other is nice to see. Not high drama about relationships and the Delena star-crossed-ness or whatnot, just some friendly interaction. I know the connotations of Damon pimping out Caro to his bro are a bit unfortunate due to their past but it honestly felt to me like he was just being supportive. It had nothing to do with getting Stefan out of the way romantically in terms of Elena, just getting Stefan to some happiness. And he did acknowledge Caro being a great gal. Just a fun scene. 

Cute scene, nice to see the boys hanging out and being friendly.
Damon carrying the bear around is awesome!

I'm having a little trouble with this retcon of 'Stefan didn't notice Caroline's feelings', especially after how much chemistry the two characters have had and their chumminess last season.  It seems a bit like the writer's trying to create more drama by making Stefan oblivious.  But I'll wait and see how its played out.  For anyone keeping score, I'm A-OK with Steroline  :)

And I'm sure the hatred and venom will come out of the woodwork for Damon.  How dare he even mention Caroline's name after he the way he treated her!  /sarcasm
I see that little scene as Damon being supportive and telling Stefan "duh- how did you not see how awesome she is for you".
Looking forward to it all!

I agree I thought Damon was being genuine, however I would rather Ric didn't bring up them sleeping together. If the show wants to act like what happened between Caroline and Damon is water under the bridge- ok I'm game.... But have some class and don't make stupid comments about their history- it comes off as the characters being insensitive and sloppy writing IMO.

Goddammit. I can't believe Bonnie is stuck over there for four more episodes (at least)! Unless Damon gets stuck back over there with her, that is terrible news, since she is the only thing I really like about this season so far.

I know right? I demand Bamon flashback scenes!

• Love 2

Spoiler from TV Guide (warning: contains spoilers for other shows):

Anything new on The Vampire Diaries? — Samantha
Expect Damon and Alaric's bromance to hit a serious speed bump when Damon angers Alaric. How serious is it? One word: fisticuffs! In other heartbreaking news, Bonnie, who has thus far stayed strong in her crazy situation, will be dealt another crushing blow that leads to a breakdown.

Argh - Bonnie just can't catch a break!

A couple not terribly spoilery things from TVLine:

Question: Damon found Bonnie’s bear, anything else you can tease that’s ahead for “Bamon” fans on The Vampire Diaries?- Renee
Ausiello: Let’s just say you’re not crazy for seeing a strong connection between Bonnie and Damon, Renee. Despite Elena expressing a “glimmer” of hope for a romantic reunion, Damon is still focused on the mission at hand: Bring back Bonnie. And Ian Somerhalder, for one, wouldn’t be surprised if things turn spicy once the Bennett witch returns. “There’s an extraordinarily thin line between love and hate,” Somerhalder notes. “Due to the fact that these two hated each other, and had so many connections … it only seemed appropriate that they would be given a chance, due to the dynamics of their relationship."

And:

Question: Do you have anything on my favorite Vampire Diaries character, Tyler? —Jeanette
Ausiello: 
What a coincidence, Jeanette, Tyler is one of Andy Swift’s favorite TVD characters, too! (Definitely in the Top 20, at least.) Anyway, Michael Trevino says Liv’s current dilemma will take up most of Tyler’s time. “He’s there for Liv and wants to protect her and make sure she’s not getting into trouble,” Trevino says. “She’s being so tough and a little bitchy at times towards him. He’s not used to that, so I like that Tyler’s having to deal with that this season. But we will see their relationship become stronger. He’s really smitten with that girl.

I don't see that at all...?

He doesn't know, the collective group has decided not to tell him until (supposedly) Elena does in that moment in the clip.

I don't know why, after all his miserable whining and teen angst this season he wouldn't care a lot about Bonnie maybe being alive.

I'm going off of spoilers that indicate Jeremy will have a surprising reaction to news about Bonnie being alive and that there's some more pain in Bonnie's future.

Oh, I hadn't read/heard that.  :)  Makes more sense now!

Latest from TV Line:

Any scoop on Vampire Diaries‘ Damon and Elena??? I need it like a water in desert… — Enya
Drink up, Enya: Elena may have admitted to feeling a “glimmer” of love for Damon, but don’t bank on a full-on reunion just yet, no matter how romantic the holiday season may be. Per executive producer Julie Plec, “There is mistletoe in the midseason finale, and fans are free to wish for anything they want — and also prepare for crushing disappointment in the way that we always tend to like to serve it to them.” Take that as you will.

They just need to stop with the Delena torture. Either let them be together or split them up once and for all. I think they're terrible together, but I'd take that over this constant back and forth crap.

• Love 2

Promo for ep 6.10:  http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/12/the-vampire-diaries-episode-610_5.html

Isn`t this vendetta-thing Enzo has got going on a bit belated? If he`d made a big fuzz after being freed from capture, I could have understand it - especially with his history - but he seemed to simply shrugg it off for the most part.

Speaking of the character`s history, they could have done way more with it. Stefan had a torturous experience for three months and clearly suffered from PTSD. Damon apparently didn`t get over his Augustine history in the blink of an eye either and it was five years for him. Enzo had what, 70 years of daily gruesome torture? He should be certifiably insane.

Not to mention he would know how to hit Stefan the hardest. Though I guess he`d shy away from harming THAT person. Since it`s the only one he seems to love.  

• Love 1

I really think the bad news will be either Matt or Tyler b/c Enzo somehow takes Matt hostage and Tyler is mixed up with Kai.

I don't know how Liz would come in contact with Kai and despite his easy in killing people I doubt Enzo would kill Caroline's mom.

Of course these are just teasers so for all we know the bad news Stefan tells Caroline is about Bonnie being stuck in 1994.

Ouch, that would be super-horrible. I imagine if Enzo killed Sheriff Forbes - the last remaining parent in Mystic Falls - that would spell his eventual doom as a character. With Matt, I kinda think that, too, only the gang wouldn`t kill him in retribution but he would probably sacrifice himself later for redemption.  

I do hope Liz survives. But what else could the "devastating news" for Caroline be? Unless the summary person was on crack again and it`s another case of the "and Silas (or Qetsiyah, I forgot) demands an unspeakable act from Damon" which turned out to be snapping Stefan`s neck. An act as "unspeakable" as sleeping in on this show.

It could be Stefan who has come to a conclusion about his feelings for Caroline tells her they aren`t of the romantic variety but that would make the entire Steroline plot so far which receieved lots of build-up and several romantic pointer scenes incredibly pointless.   

There's also a still, I think from the promo, that shows Stefan comforting her and he looks freaked out, so yeah whatever happens is outside of Steroline. I think it's Liz, but that just seems almost ridiculous at this point. She's the last living parent (aside from Matt's deadbeat mom and dad, wherever the hell they are).

She's the last living parent (aside from Matt's deadbeat mom and dad, wherever the hell they are).

I know this is way late, but is Matt's mom a succubus in-universe as shown by the deleted scene or is she human?

Killing Sheriff Forbes opens up new story avenues, though, as next season (or at the end of this season) there will be a power vacuum to fill if they do kill her. All of the Founding Families, minus the Fells (I think) are now supernatural, so they could explore the gang trying to control Mystic Falls and protect it.

Also, I know that Marguerite MacIntyre has been doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff on the Originals, so maybe she's ready to hang it up.

I guess I'll eat my words if it happens, but truely come on now if they really were going to kill Caroline's mother I don't think they'd tease that in a spoiler. I'd think that would be a "shocking" event like Tyler's mother being killed by Klaus.

My big fear is Enzo turns Matt into a vampire. I really wouldn't want that to happen.

Latest from E!:

Caitlin901: How many people are going to die in #TVD mid-season finale?
Prepare for a heartbreaking death  to rock your world, people! "Dude, there's always deaths, there is a big one coming up, I will say that, there is a big one that's really going to break the people's hearts," Paul Wesley warned.

peaceloveeAngie: The Steroline fans are going crazy over this hug in the promo, can you tell us anything on that??? #SpoilerChat #TVD
Greedy fans that we are, we also asked Wesley for Stefan and Caroline scoop. His sentiment? Patience is a virtue. "There's some beautiful moments and I do think ultimately that something will happen. It's just a slow burn," he said.

These people need to get with the program and give more spoilery spoilers -- I'm so impatient! The only deaths that I'd find heartbreaking at this point would be Sheriff Forbes and Matt.

Latest from E!:

These people need to get with the program and give more spoilery spoilers -- I'm so impatient! The only deaths that I'd find heartbreaking at this point would be Sheriff Forbes and Matt.

The only ones I care about are Bonnie and Matt.

I really think it's Liz Forbes even though it's coming off as too obvious now. Looks like her and Caroline have a lot of scenes in the next episode between present day and the flashback and it could be just to make her death that much more impactful. I think a key here is Paul Wesley says "it's a big one that's really going to break the people's hearts" Liz's death would do that. 

• Love 2

From TVGuide:

Any scoop on The Vampire Diaries' midseason finale? —  Amy
While much of the episode is about crazy Kai on the loose, the episode's big shocker doesn't involve him at all. Instead, look for some really bad news to bring two people closer than ever. On a slightly more positive note, the episode will feature one of the best scenes between the Salvatore brothers we've had in a long time.

Looking more and more like Liz is done for and who/how is the big question. At least we're getting a good Stefan/Damon scene. Bonus points if Elena's name is not mentioned during it.

Edited by prospazzinator

From TVGuide:

Looking more and more like Liz is done for and who/how is the big question. At least we're getting a good Stefan/Damon scene. Bonus points if Elena's name is not mentioned during it.

Can we have a reverse definition of the Bechdel test on this show for scenes when characters don't talk about "her" when they interact?

• Love 5

So who's gonna do it? Kai or inadvertant Enzo? Better not be Matt, my and Tippi's pudding pop has been through enough.

Only reason I think it's Enzo more than Kai is because this show seems determined to make Enzo the villian and killing Liz would do that. However, Enzo seems to really like Caroline so I don't see why he would do it unless like you said it's inadvertant.

Not overly spoilery interview with one of the producers about the finale: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/12/the-vampire-diaries-season-6-fall.html . And a sneak peak featuring Caroline and Liz: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/12/the-vampire-diaries-episode-610_10.html

One bit:

Elena and Damon haven't established where they are in their relationship. Will she come to a firm decision about their future?
Dries: She admitted she has a hard time shaking these feelings that keep cropping up inside. Even though she's forgotten she loved him, it's still there and she's wrestling with that at the beginning of this episode. Elena also will go through something in this episode that makes her realize our time here isn't forever — even as immortals that's not guaranteed — so why waste another second of it?

Given how many people have died on this freaking show, shouldn't Elena have had this realization a little earlier? I will laugh myself to tears if Caroline's mother does die and Elena somehow takes that as a sign that she should hook up with Damon again. 

Edited by prospazzinator
  • Love 1

This is why this whole stupid "lose her memories" thing has been utterly pointless. This is playing out EXACTLY like their "breakup" did last season. Like, she's trying to be mad at him, but her feeeeeeelings are just too strong, and life is too short, and everyone else be damned. Like, if we were just going to do this all over again, what was the point of any of it to begin with? God these writers are dull.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 3

Given how many people have died on this freaking show, shouldn't Elena have had this realization a little earlier? I will laugh myself to tears if Caroline's mother does die and Elena somehow takes that as a sign that she should hook up with Damon again.

Her self-centeredness borders on satire at this point, I will roll my eyes into oblivion if this happens.

Web Clip: This is kind of adorable.

http://m.etonline.com/tv/154990_the_vampire_diaries_sneak_peek_sheriff_forbes_plays_christmas_cupid_with_steroline/

Edited by kmariee