Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation With Spoilers

Latest from EW:

Damon’s goodbye to his mother was so harsh. Anything on what’s next for him on Vampire Diaries? — June
Well, we know that his curt farewell is going to come back to bite him. Furthermore, when the show returns, we won’t only be getting a Damon Civil War flashback, but we’ll be getting a lot of Damon just in general. In what’s sure to be a special episode, the eldest Salvatore will find himself in nearly every scene (if not every scene) of the episode. So for all you Damon fans out there, you’re welcome.

Flashforwards, flashbacks. I'm over it! 

• Love 1

Well who wouldn't go home for the baby shower of their ex girlfriend, who almost killed you a few months ago while her humanity was off, and your high school history teacher? Sounds reasonable to me......

I think it's time to put us out of our misery and end this show.

• Love 2

I think it's time to put us out of our misery and end this show.

Agreed.

Although, I would even find a short season 8 to wrap up everything and pay homage to the success they initial brought to The CW acceptable.

Basically after a season of Heretics and mystical babies, I need to know the end is in sight.

• Love 2

I would like for Season 8 to be the last season.  I must remember to thank Justified for ending before it had drug on to long unlike so many other shows who don't know when to end a good thing.

This is just speculation on my part.  Bonnie isn't a heretic so she can't be a witch and a vampire unless the writers decide to re-write the freaking rules AGAIN.  In desperation, Enzo feeds Bonnie his blood, kills her, and forces her to drink human blood.  It doesn't invoke Kai's no cheating clause like it would if Damon, Stefan, or Caroline did it because Enzo isn't part of the Elena club.  Bonnie is cured from the pills because she is no longer a witch.  Elena wakes up.  Bonnie drinks from Elena, Caroline drinks from Bonnie, and they all live out their human lives.  They won't age like Katherine did because they are only in their 20s.  Damon and Stefan leave MF for good, Damon, Stefan, Enzo end up dead.  Or they go find Klaus and Elijah to hang out with.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

I'd hate to see Bonnie become a vampire :( Even if she did become human again.

Caroline is probably the only human turned over the course of the show who was handled well. If she hadn't gone through her switch turned off phase she would probably be the most successful non murdery vamp on TVD and TO.

But what you are proposing is a good twist around Kai's spell. I'm starting to doubt that they can get ND back for a finale though so they might have to come up with something else.

That just wrinkled my brain. But wait, didn't Kai become a heretic by the end? He was half witch half vampire.

Kai was a siphoner.  Bonnie is not a siphoner.  All the witches Lily/Julian turned were siphoners.  Unless the writers changed the rules again, if Bonnie is turned into a vampire, she can no longer be a witch.

Caroline put all the other vampires to shame when it came to managing her bloodlust.  Now that she has children (and I consider the twins to be Caroline, Alaric's and Jo's children) I could see her wanting to have a real life with them.  I guess Caroline could do what other immortals on other shows have done, and go from mother, to older sister or aunt, to younger sister, to daughter as a way to be in her children and grandchildren's lives.

I'm wondering if it's going to be a happily ever after with Damon/Elena, Caroline/Stefan, and Enzo/Bonnie.  There are several reasons I don't want this to happen.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

They need to let go of Elena. They are the only show in history to cling so tightly to the ghost of an actress who has clearly moved on. I doubt she's coming back for the finale. In a similar situation Michael Rosenbaum took worlds of convincing to come back for a small scene on Smallville and his career wasn't half as chalked up as ND at the time.

A better example I guess is Kristin Kreuk, she came back and wrapped up her story on Smallville a season later (directed by her good friend Allison Mack) in season 8 then never came back again. I think this is the best example because KK is someone intuitive, thoughtful, conscious and kind who was given crap after crap storyline and never complained and was also enjoying a film career at the time.

ND has the same record of never publicly complaining about this fakakta show although she has said she prefers season 1-3 Elena over all other seasons so I think even for her it's clear the downgrade in quality of character and since they killed off the most enjoyable character on the show IMO (Katharine) why would she be motivated to return?

If you add to that the fact that by the time season 8 rolls around we might have a pregnant Nikki Reed in tow, I really doubt it's where ND will want to spend her time. Plus lots of people can understand wrapping up a plot on a network TV show eg. on ABC with Scandal or How To Get Away With Murder or over on The Good Wife or The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones but CW is the armpit of TV (especially right now) nobody in Hollywood is going to look particularly favourably at an actress leaving a big time shoot like Triple Xxx to go film scenes for the 8th season of some teen show. Just look at what Zack Snyder said about Stephen Amell as Green Arrow. The CW is seen as a joke.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Based on the promo for the finale...does this mean that Damon sacrifices himself to save Bonnie and becomes infected by that entity so that he's the final Big Bad? And the last season is Save Damon?

I think Damon sacrifices not being able to see Elena again. Why would he go through all the trouble to save Bonnie only to sacrifice her in the end?  It's illogical.  He said he loves her, even though the writers had him qualifying that love.  Damon-Freaking-Salvatore WILL NEVER sacrifice Bonnie Bennett, for himself, Elena or anyone of their friends.  Damon sacrificing Bon-Bon just ain't gonna happen.

• Love 1
On Sunday, May 08, 2016 at 11:31 AM, doram said:

Well, Kat announced that next season will be her last so the show will have to write her off somehow.

I don't think that will be necessary, I will be shocked if next season isn't the last...although I'm shocked this season isn't the last so you never know.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't think that will be necessary, I will be shocked if next season isn't the last...although I'm shocked this season isn't the last so you never know.

I'm shocked by so many things on this show, unfortunately none of those things ever seem to involve quality writing.

• Love 6

I don't see why Bonnie has to die for Elena to come back. Any other time that things have been hopeless or undo-able on TVD, the characters somehow find a way. Nobody even tried to break the spell binding Bonnie and Elena together. (Nor have they ever really explained it. When Kai died the magic covering the warehouse broke down, but his magic linking Bonnie and Elena didn't?) They were friends with heretics for most of the season. No one thought to ask Valerie? Or those baby twins to syphon the magic? Maybe I'm not understanding the spell. Either way, they can write in a way to unlink Bonnie and Elena and then everyone can be around for the end. I have found this show to be extremely unsatisfying for the last few seasons and nothing will make me madder than Bonnie, who has been this shows only saving grace the last few seasons, to be killed for Elena to return. I want Elena back, I want this to be the last season, but I don't want Bonnie to die. They need to spend this last season fixing all the ruined friendships and family relationships. Recreate the close knit family they all were back in season 3 and 4. Let us know these people love eachother and would die for eachother and for the rest of forever they will be family. Have them  fight a big bad together. Whatever.  Then close the curtains on it

Oh, goodness. I haven't watched the show since the beginning of last season, from what I remember. I'm not sure if I'll pick it up again, which is why I came here looking for spoilers.

I just saw that Rob Thomas is apparently developing a vampire show for the CW, based on the Lost Boys, so I thought that would be replacing this next year, if it comes together. 

OK, I just heard this really disturbing rumour: 

Bonnie is going to get her magic back after fighting off Kai when he stakes Enzo and attempts to rape her. No confirmation on whether he succeeds in killing Enzo or raping her but this is what is going to trigger her powers back. 

I'm actually surprised that a CW show has gone on this long without doing a gritty rape/attempted rape arc but seriously guys, it's not necessary! 

There are many ways to give Bonnie her magic back without doing this nonsense!

15 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Kai? How would that be possible, he was decapitated two seasons ago. 

Yeah, it's pretty much confirmed at this point that Kai will be in season 8. But for how many episodes and for what end is still speculation. And as @doram said, Kat/Bonnie being subjected to a rape scene is very likely. 

Kai was also their  most dangerous villain, and he was obsessed with Bonnie so from a character pov, it makes sense that he would try to force her into sex if he got the chance. 

Lets see if any of these turn out to be legit:

Vicki will work for Katherine not be possessed by her

Damon will not become human

Bonnie puts Katherine in the prison world with Kai

Caroline gets a letter from Klaus

Enzo and Tyler stay dead

Matt has a wife and children in the finale (mentioned not shown)

Katherine and Caroline fight and Elena interrupts. its the first time both women see she's awake

John Gilbert, Lexi, Tyler and others come back from hell seeking redemption. Bonnie takes them into her dimension so they can live peacefully

Hell is destroyed

Bamon dance at wedding

Vicki interrupts Damon's best man speech

Alaric and Caroline start a boarding school for gifted kids

Steroline do get married

16 hours ago, lindsaykneece said:

Lets see if any of these turn out to be legit:

Vicki will work for Katherine not be possessed by her

Damon will not become human

Bonnie puts Katherine in the prison world with Kai

Caroline gets a letter from Klaus

Enzo and Tyler stay dead

Matt has a wife and children in the finale (mentioned not shown)

Katherine and Caroline fight and Elena interrupts. its the first time both women see she's awake

John Gilbert, Lexi, Tyler and others come back from hell seeking redemption. Bonnie takes them into her dimension so they can live peacefully

Hell is destroyed

Bamon dance at wedding

Vicki interrupts Damon's best man speech

Alaric and Caroline start a boarding school for gifted kids

Steroline do get married

IIRC timeline-wise Klaus can only write a letter if Marcel allows him to do so. He#s in captivity.

Latest spoilers, some we've already seen:

"Bonnie dies but is reunited with Enzo in her world. Hell is destroyed, all those seeking redemption, i.e John, Jenna, etc. go to Bonnie's dimension. Damon compels Elena and Stefan to forgot about him, Caroline, and each other so they can live out their human lives. Caroline works at the school with Alaric, and receives a letter from Klaus (JoMo was in studio for a voice over), multiple sources have said letter leads to a KC endgame. Matt is alive and is married with kids (mentioned, not shown). Damon lives but is all alone at the end. There will be a flashforward of about 3 years. And Katherine is locked in the prison world with Kai."

Uh, okay.

From set reports, episode stills and the last episode, I`d say those sound really legit. 

Personally, it bums me out that Damon is the only character left without even a sprinkle of happiness. Other characters have tragic endings but they still apparently get something else. I would have loved a tiny spark of hope for him, too. Or alternatively death. This, I find too rough to watch.  

(edited)
6 hours ago, prospazzinator said:

"Bonnie dies but is reunited with Enzo in her world. Hell is destroyed, all those seeking redemption, i.e John, Jenna, etc. go to Bonnie's dimension. Damon compels Elena and Stefan to forgot about him, Caroline, and each other so they can live out their human lives. Caroline works at the school with Alaric, and receives a letter from Klaus (JoMo was in studio for a voice over), multiple sources have said letter leads to a KC endgame. Matt is alive and is married with kids (mentioned, not shown). Damon lives but is all alone at the end. There will be a flashforward of about 3 years. And Katherine is locked in the prison world with Kai."

Uh, okay.

Two writers are saying these spoilers are inaccurate:

Writer from The Originals Carina MacKenzie  https://twitter.com/Gval21/status/837484336295235584

TVD writer: Melissa Marlette  https://twitter.com/MelissaMarlette/status/837394776076894208

I'm going to chose to believe them, because I don't know why the writers would lie, rather than say nothing at all if these spoilers were all true. Whichever shippers are disappointed at the finale, they are going to be angry at whomever gave them false hope and I think these writers know that by now.

I still think that either Damon or Stefan will be the one to die at the end of the show.

Edited by betweenthebanter
(edited)

Whichever shippers are disappointed at the finale, they are going to be angry at whomever gave them false hope and I think these writers know that by now.

Problem is, they have done this before. Some - accurate - spoiler leaked out and they denied it. I, too, think saying nothing would have been better instead of going all "this isn`t Khan in the movie" J.J.Abrams on fans. It`s not like the truth won`t be out by next week.  

I will say swearing on a real person`s life, though, would be going a bit far. 

Edited by Aeryn13

I didn't know that the writers have lied about leaks before. For some reason, I've never followed spoilers that closely for this show. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens then.

I think them lying now would be even more unnecessary and dumb, than before, because they are not even working for the show anymore (so why even bother).

On 3/4/2017 at 3:46 PM, Aeryn13 said:

Personally, it bums me out that Damon is the only character left without even a sprinkle of happiness. Other characters have tragic endings but they still apparently get something else. I would have loved a tiny spark of hope for him, too. Or alternatively death. This, I find too rough to watch.  

I have faith that Damon will get a satisfying ending. 

At this point I think all the "leaks" have some accurate spoilers but noone has the full picture and context yet.

I still think Bonnie`s "death" will be a red herring. Not just for the last episode but for the Finale overall. They killed her so many times, I don`t believe the pay-off will be to kill her permanently and have her live in her dimension. Maybe she won`t end the show quite as a human but I don`t think she`ll be the big death in the Finale. 

• Love 1
On 3/4/2017 at 8:26 AM, prospazzinator said:

Uh, okay.

Jenna????  No way...not only were we told she was at peace, but what the hell (pun not intended) would she have done that she needs redemption?  

In the extended episode promo there is a bit where Bonnie and Elena reunite. Now this is obviously a dream/vision/in Bonnie`s mind because Elena is in a big, comfy bed in the middle of the woods and Bonnie is still in her wedding attire. So, this will happen when Bonnie is "dead" for a few seconds. 

Giving them that reunion scene like this kinda makes me think they will not meet after Elena wakes up for real. Otherwise an "Bonnie said she saw her" from Stefan in the sneak peak would have sufficed and we would get a real-time meeting. Unless they want to communicate something about the sleeping beauty spell, like Elena was aware of everything or stuff like that.  

Still not convinced Bonnie is the big death, though. A transformation maybe and not technically among the living anymore. Though it would be shitty if she could not have interactions anymore with her living friends. That would be as good as dead.

Also, I still have a feeling the "Elena" in the short teasers, fresh out of her coffin, is Katherine pretending. The characters reuniting with real Elena might come a bit later.   

Julie Plec said something about JoMo not being available so apparently they wanted to bring him in. On the other hand, I don`t think he is shooting right now so I don`t know if that was just an excuse.