Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation With Spoilers

heh, I would totally enjoy that. Let's put Elena in a tomb under the Mystic Falls Church! Sealed in by a Bennett witch! Damon can wait 150 years for a celestial event to get her out! I think it would be deeply amusing to finish the show with Damon yet again waiting for some woman to find her way out of a tomb. I guess at least this time he'd be sure she wasn't really running around Chicago going to metal concerts, or whatever it was Katherine was doing while Damon thought she was underground.

To be fair, though, they're pretty much going to have to do some equivalent of putting her in suspended animation. After all the build-up to Delena, it would be very hard to move him onto another love interest in the one season they have left, and they have done the 'Damon goes off the rails without Elena' thing a lot, too. A coma would solve both plot problems.

Season 7 description:

In the wake of Elena Gilbert’s goodbye, in season seven, some characters will recover while others falter. As Lily tries to drive a wedge between the Salvatore brothers, we’ll still hold onto hope that Stefan and Caroline’s love story is strong enough to survive.

Ugh. Don't care about Lily or Steroline. I find Caroline to be incredibly annoying so I'm not at excited about her being paired with Stefan. I might be okay with it if Bonnie gets equal screentime.

Hoping that Kai sticks around for a bit now that the actor's new show isn't scheduled to start until midseason.

• Love 2

Hoping that Kai sticks around for a bit now that the actor's new show isn't scheduled to start until midseason.

They'll still be filming it, though. Never know when a network might need to fill the time slot of a new show that's crashed and burned.

Ugh, Lily's going to live through the finale? Boooooo. I don't find her compelling at all.

As is often the case I agree with Carrie Ann . I think the only compelling thing about her is that she opts for tea over liquor and even that's a headshaker. I mean she is related to Damon isn't she?

I think Lily has potential to be interesting (in terms of being being this really old vampire who could be a funnish fish out of water, mom of Salvatores) but the Ripper bit and insisting she feels ZERO for her sons leeches her of all of that. So yeah, unless they are going to change something up significantly re: her characterization than there's zero I want to see going on with her in S7.

I'm boiling PISSED that that summary completely elides Bonnie in favor of Lily/Caroline. How very predictable of you Plec.

• Love 2

I'm boiling PISSED that that summary completely elides Bonnie in favor of Lily/Caroline. How very predictable of you Plec.

In that with Elena gone, you were expecting Bonnie to pull focus in season 7? Because I assumed that they'd turn to Caroline as the leading lady and it would appear that is the case.

(edited)

Caroline has and will always be Julie's self insert, so Bonnie being the lead (and I am not even convinced Caroline is any kind of lead--she's not in the poster) was always a long shot. I'm all whatever about it because really, the only storyline Caroline will have is whether or not to be with Stefan. Oooh...yea...fun. 

But with that said, I am not surprised that the summary doesn't mention Bonnie because I don't think they want to spoil whatever Bonnie's fate is tonight. 

Edited by venusnv80

The one that makes me doubt those spoilers is this one:

The other heretic Valerie, was pregnant with Stefan’s kid (unbeknownst to him), and her father beat her, so she lost it.

That's just bizarre. Let's assume that against all previous characterization, it turns out that human Stefan -- who died at age 17 -- had time and opportunity with a girl and got her pregnant. Like that was something a nice boy did in 1865 (I know of course that teenagers have been having surprise pregnancies throughout time, but human Stefan never struck me as the type to go against social standards enough to compromise a girl he liked. His whole dalliance with Katherine seemed rather innocent until she started compelling him). Valerie is clearly non-American, what would she be doing in a tiny town like Mystic Falls in the 1860s, smack dab in the middle of the civil war? That's assuming there won't be some Stephenie Meyer levels of crazy involving vampire Stefan getting her pregnant (and anyway, they've already played that card on The Originals.)

Edited by PinkRibbons

I don't see how it's possible for Caroline to carry Jo's baby...

Or how Stephan could have impregnated Valerie...

Enzo and Bonnie seem more plausible than Alaric and Bonnie, especially given what we've seen in the premiere with Alaric still being no where near accepting Jo's death.

Not to mention someone as lame as Enzo.

These spoilers sound really wacky though so I'm not convinced they're real. Stefan going to hell I'd find interesting if it meant seeing Katherine again - which we know it won't because Nina's off the show (and I can't see anyone else as Katherine).

The romance is three years in the future so that would have given Alaric enough time to move on. I can't imagine Bonnie dating a Vampire. Especially one who had tortured her in the past. It just seems wrong.

I thought Bonnie's romance is supposed to happen around episode 5?

Does this mean that the flash forward will be happening so soon?

Yeah, it's supposed to be episode 5. I read somewhere that we're getting flash forwards in most of the episodes. 

And it does look like they going to stick Bonnie with Enzo. Here's a quote from a recent interview with Michael Malarkey:

Can you dish on any potential love interest(s) for Enzo in this season?

“Oh yeah, there definitely is. What can I say, what can’t I say… We have a flash forward that happens in Episode 5 where we see him with somebody on the show, and as we trace this trajectory we see how that blossomed and becomes what it is in the future. We’ll see how they end up writing it; it could all change. But at the moment there definitely seems to be a love interest that is pretty solid.”

Ugh. Why is Enzo even still around?

Still holding out hope that the pregnancy spoilers aren't legit because, well, more ugh.

• Love 1

For anyone who knows how actors rate in the opening credits. KG started out 6th place, and actors that followed her had more screen time than she did. Now she is 3rd place, and it appears she still may get walked over again. Does it matter how she is ranked in the opening credits since it is not an indicator of how much screen time she gets?

Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder get top billing. Everybody else after that is alphabetical by last name (case in point: Candace moved down in the order due to changing her last name to King).

Is it? I stand corrected then, sorry about that. I thought it was alphabetical (so many shows do that once the leads go through) but I guess I didn't pay that much attention.

Looks like these are accurate...which kind of sucks.

How so? I mean we saw Caroline and she didn't look knocked up, she has a fiancee from Mystic Falls who isn't Stefan (I'd guess it's either Matt or Enzo, I'd prefer Matt). The rest have been right no more or less but I'm holding out that last one is just WRONG. On the plus side Caroline as a News woman is pretty great. 

We saw Caroline 3 years in the future, pretty sure she still wouldn't be pregnant.

• Flashforwards are three years, which you know, I’m just including it. - confirmed in preimiere
  • Stefan finds a dessicated Damon in Brooklyn, during the flashforwards.- confirmed in preimiere
  • Enzo is working with Lily, stabs Caroline with a vervain syringe. - confirmed in preimiere
  • Continuation of the flashforwards, Defan is running from an unknown hunter girl. - confirmed in preimiere
  • Bonnie and Alaric are trying to bring Jo back, and it may or may not work, we may have a Lady Stoneheart situation, she might come back wrong. - - confirmed in preimiere, further explored in 702
  •  
  • Lily is hiding Elena’s body from Damon so dark Damon. confirmed in 702
  • The other heretic Valerie, was pregnant with Stefan’s kid (unbeknownst to him), and her father beat her, so she lost it. - strongly hinted at in 702
  •  
  • Supposedly Stefan dies in episode 7, and he get’s sent to hell. This fits what JP said about the snag in episode 7.
  • As far as we know, it is Bonnie and Enzo, not Bonnie and Alaric. There’s kissing and stuff so yay!
  • And as you all know, Caroline carrying Jo and Alaric’s twins. (Please let us not. I haven’t had nearly enough wine).

Most of these have all been confirmed or set up in 701/702.  The remaining 3 are still outstanding but since the majority are correct, I would assume the rest are as well.  

I haven't heard anything but am glad to see Enzo longing for Lily.  I see potential for Bonnie/Ric, though Bamon would be much better.  Does anyone have spoilers that Show will actually improve in quality?

Yeah, it's supposed to be episode 5. I read somewhere that we're getting flash forwards in most of the episodes.

And it does look like they going to stick Bonnie with Enzo. Here's a quote from a recent interview with Michael Malarkey:

Ugh. Why is Enzo even still around?

Still holding out hope that the pregnancy spoilers aren't legit because, well, more ugh.

Well that about seals it. Because we already know that Bonnie will have love interest in episode 5 so Michael Malarkey just literally said what he can't say.

The two most likely candidates for the Huntress are Jo and Bonnie. But I'm not sure how Bonnie can be the Huntress and be with Enzo. So in that first episode, had Damon regained Elena's body and just decided to sleep the sleep of the dedicated until she wakes?

I hate this flash forwarding shit. If I wanted to deal with that mess I would watch HTGAWM or Quantico. I expected this show to improve with the loss of Elena not go to hell in a handbasket. Blah, I may just stick with The Originals from here on out.

Well we know the Huntress was after the Heretics at some point since the mute one has the mark. And we know she's after Stefan, Damon, and Caroline since all of them were attacked in the flash forwards. Hence my thought that Enzo wouldn't be with the Hintress romantically regardless of which side he's on and therefore if he's with Bonnie she's not the Huntress.

• Love 1

Well shit, every single one of those has been right. WHY?! On so many levels why would your resurrect Jo and her stupid coven? With their stupid rules? I mean I assume that's a little about having powerful witchy's to help Bon Bon, who can combat the Heretics, but UGH.

What did Valerie grab while she was being beaten by Julian?

She grabbed her "amulet" which she could siphon magic from? I assume her amulet and the Phoenix stone are related if not the exact same thing.

We're really going to see Bonnie sucking face with a guy who tortured, bullied her and treated her like a slave, not giving a damn about her while she was locked away in a prison world.

Did Enzo and Bonnie ever really have any interaction? Other than that time when it was mission "bring everyone back from the Other Side" where everyone was basically working with everyone else.

Because other than that, I can`t remember anything and I would classify that as rather meaningless and plot-driven. So basically, the characters have no history whatsoever at the moment as far as I`m concerned.

I am glad they are not making it Matt because my eyes would glaze over out of sheer boredom even thinking about it but Enzo is just so damn random.

Edited by Aeryn13

I think they interacted a lot when he kidnapped her and Jeremy, put a plastic bag over Jeremy's head and smothered him in front of Bonnie in order to get Bonnie to get Liv to do a spell for him. This was before the "Operation Save Everyone" time. I mean, Bonnie had no magic. He could have just kidnapped Liv and strong-armed her, but he basically decided to torture Bonnie and Jeremy for kicks and giggles. Then in another scene, he held her hostage and almost strangled her. 

I'd say they have plenty of (negative) history. 

Maybe it's just me but going from watching my boyfriend almost get killed in front of my eyes to sucking face with the sadistic monster who killed him is a bit of a stretch. But again, this is the show that had Elena 'forgive' Damon for murdering Jeremy. (Poor Jeremy). Guess Bonnie isn't that much different after all.  

Enzo was like the Most Unvaluable Player on this show last season. He was all over the place. I don't think it's a coincidence that Bonnie is ending up with him. 

Actually it was Enzo AND Damon who kidnapped Jeremy. Bonnie wasn't with Jeremy while Enzo was torchering Jeremy, Bonnie was with Damon being bullied by HIM to teach Liv the locator spell this was when they didn't know Liv was a seasoned witch so just kidnapping Liv wasnt an option. I acutally really like Enzo but he hasn't been given a very good story and he has 100X more chemistry with Caroline than Bonnie. But if someone was going to lobby for Bonnie to be with Damon then they should have no problem with her being with Enzo either b/c Damon has done plenty of very shitty things to Bonnie including strangle her and almost kill her more than once. He also has moments of pause before saving her even now and willingly kept from her that Ric still had the phoenix stone. I think given the right build up Bonnie and Enzo could be interesting.

I still have a hard time beliving that spoiler though b/c Bonnie and Ric makes much more sense. I think somehow Jo will be channeled through Bonnie and not come back in her body b/c they have never shown her face, which makes me think the actress isn't under contract. I could believe that Ric would kiss Bonnie if it was really Jo channeling through Bonnie.

They should have put her with Matt IMO. There is actual history there. But Bonnie and Caroline have always gotten the leftover relationships as far as focus and execution go. It's gotten better for Caroline with Stefan. But Bonnie has always just gotten whatever. Plus you know with this 5 year jump they won't even try to build it up. We'll just be expected to buy that they are together. Hopefully it will get as much focus as Bonnie/Jeremy aka no focus so those of us who hate the idea can just pretend it isn't happening. 

• Love 3

Some more spoilery type things from TVLine:

Oct. 29, "I Carry Your Heart With Me": Mary Louise and Nora attend the "Heaven & Hell Ball," which leads to as much "death and destruction" as you'd expect, exec producer Caroline Dries says. Meanwhile, Stefan and Caroline must face their own issues: "All he wants to do is grab his girlfriend and make out with her, but it's like kissing a wall of vervain."

Nov. 5, "Live Through This": Damon and Stefan team up with Valerie "against her will" to figure out their Lily problem. "The three of them on the road is a funny dynamic because Damon just figured out, 'Oh, this is V-Card Valerie, the one Stefan slept with!'" The other awkward pairing is Bonnie/Enzo, who develop a "funny, banter-filled relationship" in their conflicting quests for the Phoenix Stone.

Nov. 12, "Best Served Cold": When Lily realizes she has everything she ever wanted except her sons' love, she throws a mixer with the heretics "to show her children they can live together peacefully." But things get messy when Damon and Stefan show up with "a very clear agenda."

Nov. 19, "Mommie Dearest": Season 7's "Thanksgiving episode" has a flashback to Stefan and Damon's childhood before anyone in their fam became a vamp. "It brings the brothers together in an interesting way; I love seeing them both as children, which we've never done before."

I don't understand the possibly Bonnie/Enzo pairing.  I mean, I would prefer him with Caroline vs Bonnie.  If Caroline cannot be with Klaus then at least put her with Enzo (they have awesome chemistry).

I don't think anyone does. The most positive response I've seen to it is very mild interest. Everyone else seems to hate it. It's too late in the shows run to try this IMO. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times the 2 have shared a scene together and they were all random scenes with little to no substance. 

• Love 2

Yeah, they're pretty clearly just trying to pair Bonnie with Damon Lite because they won't put her with Damon (and despite really liking their chemistry, I'm fine with that choice from a storytelling perspective) and in order to make Enzo relevant in some way? But he is SO lame as a character, and it sucks they're saddling Bonnie with him when they've finally figured out how to make her character work. She shouldn't have to carry around all that dead weight too.

But at this point, I just want to skip ahead already. I hate what's going on in the present-day story, and I'd rather be watching the three years from now stuff. Wondering about what's happening then only makes me antsy, and makes the present-day stuff even worse in comparison.

• Love 1

If Bonnie gets together with Damon or Enzo, she's never going to have family of her own blood. She may be able to find our make the cure for Enzo, but Damon won't take a cure without Elena. I wonder if the producers have thought about this?

Producers preview shows that Valerie gets involved in the Alaric/Jo storyline. As much as I dislike Steroline and enjoy Valerie driving a wedge into the relationship, I'm hoping she's not the reason Caroline ends up carrying the twins unless Caroline willingly goes along with it. I think the spoiler said it was Jo's dad, but if he did it before he died, then Caroline should be pregnant already. I suppose Jo's dad could have done something and Valerie will help it along. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

Because this is "American TV" we're dealing with, I've never believed Kai killed Jo's twins. I've always believed that Jo went to the hospital when she hit her head to have her babies put in safekeeping. If I'm wrong, I'll never overthink what's going on on TVD again.

I don't understand how a vamp can incubate a baby. How would the baby be nourished? And, would the vamp's body reject the fetus as a foreign body? Forget it. It's me overthinking mediocre writing again

There, there *pats head. It's hard to have a brain and watch TVD. *Passes wine.

• Love 2

Frankly I've been trying to make sense of it for years and none the better for it. Nowadays I watch it with alcohol. It doesn't make it less confusing but it helps dull the pain.

Edited by slayer2

Description for 7x08:

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
“Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)
A FRACTURED FAMILY — As Julian (guest star Todd Lasance) and Lily (guest star Annie Wersching) throw a party to celebrate Mary Louise (guest star Teressa Liane) and Nora’s (guest star Scarlett Byrne) anniversary, Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) set in motion a risky plan to eliminate a new threat posed by Julian. Meanwhile, following a major revelation uncovered by Valerie (guest star Elizabeth Blackmore), Caroline (Candice King) is forced to face her new reality, even as it threatens to destroy her relationship with Stefan. Finally, determined to do what’s best for her family, Lily makes the most difficult decision of her life. Michael Malarkey and Zach Roerig also star. Leslie Libman directed the episode written by Brett Matthews (#708). Original airdate 12/3/2015.

According to the spoilers, Stefan is supposed to die in 7x07 and be sent to hell. If that holds, then his trip to hell doesn't last very long. If the death/hell part is correct, I'm guessing the episode is just wrong as an upcoming episode titles list shows that 7x10 is called "Hell is Other People." 

Latest spoiler from TVLine:

Question: Anything on Vampire Diaries? —Kelly
Ausiello: Let’s see… I’m pretty sure this counts as “anything”: The show is currently casting a potentially untrustworthy new character named Alex, described as being warm-until-crossed. And here’s the really weird part: Alex apparently runs a “mysterious organization” that will soon be introduced.

No idea. Maybe the hunters have a group? I'm always wary of "mysterious" groups on shows, though. TVD, in particular, doesn't have a great track record with them in my opinion.

Edited by prospazzinator

Looks like this will be our Stefan dies episode, assuming he does:

"Cold As Ice” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

THE SALVATORES ARE COMING TO TOWN — With the holidays in full swing, a search for Julian leads Damon and Stefan to a small town outside of Mystic Falls. While managing a holiday toy drive at Whitmore College, Bonnie (Kat Graham) seeks help from Nora (guest star Scarlett Byrne) and the two strike up an unlikely friendship. Elsewhere, Caroline (Candice King) does her best to navigate her new life as a pregnant vampire, while Alaric (Matt Davis) grows concerned that the pregnancy is effecting her more than she’s letting on. Finally, after finding himself at odds with Damon, Stefan is forced to take matters into his own hands, setting off a tragic chain of events that leaves their lives changed forever. Geoffrey Wing Shotz directed the episode written by Brian Young (#709). Original airdate 12/10/2015.

In other news, Bonnie/Nora friendship? Uh, no. Julian gets away from whatever dumb trap Lily set for him? I'm SHOCKED! Stefan/Damon at odds? Must be Thursday.

The future episode synopsis indicate Bonnie will be spending time with Nora.

Since  Kat Graham indicated that Bonnie would be getting a present love interest and a future one, and since we know that Benzo is a thing 3 yrs from now, I'm speculating that Nora will be a current love interest.

This should shake up the boring lesbian heretic dynamic some, so I say bring it on.

I'm sure Kat said in an interview that she pitched a lesbian/bisexual SL for Bonnie this season to TBTB, you never know, maybe she got her way.I hope so, because this could add another layer to her character.

Here is the official synopsis for 7x09.

THE SALVATORES ARE COMING TO TOWN — With the holidays in full swing, a search for Julian leads Damon and Stefan to a small town outside of Mystic Falls. While managing a holiday toy drive at Whitmore College, Bonnie (Kat Graham) seeks help from Nora (guest star Scarlett Byrne) and the two strike up an unlikely friendship. Elsewhere, Caroline (Candice King) does her best to navigate her new life as a pregnant vampire, while Alaric (Matt Davis) grows concerned that the pregnancy is effecting her more than she’s letting on. Finally, after finding himself at odds with Damon, Stefan is forced to take matters into his own hands, setting off a tragic chain of events that leaves their lives changed forever. Geoffrey Wing Shotz directed the episode written by Brian Young (#709). Original airdate 12/10/2015.

http://www.ksitetv.com/vampire-diaries/vampire-diaries-7-9-cold-as-ice-spoiler-images-description/88183/

Edited by miss-vanilla

The future episode synopsis indicate Bonnie will be spending time with Nora.

Since Kat Graham indicated that Bonnie would be getting a present love interest and a future one, and since we know that Benzo is a thing 3 yrs from now, I'm speculating that Nora will be a current love interest.

This should shake up the boring lesbian heretic dynamic some, so I say bring it on.

I'm sure Kat said in an interview that she pitched a lesbian/bisexual SL for Bonnie this season to TBTB, you never know, maybe she got her way.I hope so, because this could add another layer to her character.

Here is the official synopsis for 7x09.

http://www.ksitetv.com/vampire-diaries/vampire-diaries-7-9-cold-as-ice-spoiler-images-description/88183/

I so hope you're right!