Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation With Spoilers

Based on the conversation in the All Seasons thread, I thought we should get a speculation thread started.

I've read a few vague comments from the writers about the beginning of S6, and they suggest that the characters have handled their grief in different ways. One question was specifically about a potential triangle (vomit) between Stefan, Caroline, and Elena, and the non-answer was something like the characters went in different directions in the months after the finale. I am guessing that means that Stefan left or withdrew pretty dramatically. I don't think Elena would leave, not with Jeremy still around and grieving for Bonnie, but who knows, since she doesn't seem to give a shit about anyone besides Damon and herself anymore. And I don't think Caroline would allow Stefan to pull away from her/the world if he were physically near enough for her to get in his space. I'm personally over the Ripper thing, because if they go back to it then it's like all of the growth Stefan did in S3 and beyond was pointless. They've stalled or regressed on so much character growth elsewhere, it would be nice to have something stick for once. Plus, he seemed devastated in the finale, but not in an out-of-control way. 

But none of them should be able to physically be in Mystic Falls yet, again, according to the comments I read about how that stupid spell worked. Only Jer, Matt, and Tyler would be able to be in town. Alaric, Elena, Stefan, and Caroline (and Enzo, who cares) would have to live elsewhere. 

As for the question about what the point of Enzo is: until we hear what Ian's status is next year, I'm guessing that Enzo and Alaric are there to fill in the space that Damon has left. I do think he'll be back, but I don't know that he'll be a regular, and I think the show is planning ahead. I don't think Enzo and Alaric would get along very well though, and I'm more interested in seeing Alaric with Elena and Jeremy, and maybe with Stefan.

I have heard that IS is doing a film and that he needs some time off. Maybe he won't be back straight away? I think that that could be woven into the storyline in quite an organic way. I don't hate Damon and know that he will be back but his death was actually well done and emotional (IS and KG have amazing chemistry) and bringing him back too early has the potential to make that really hollow. Death needs to stick!

Yuck to a triangle between Stefan, Caroline and Elena. If S&C get together, it needs to not end up with Care getting neurotic. Better still leave them as friends.

I think Enzo will be back sadly. This cast is ridiculously bloke heavy so hopefully they will bring in some more females. Don't get me started on the fact that being female means you are killed off for good - Lexi, Grams, Vicki, Anna,Pearl, Jenny. Even Kol's whereabouts is open just in case he's needed on TO.

Where is the Salvatore mansion in relation to the spread on the spell? It always struck me as being in the middle nowhere? Could they not all live there?

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure the Salvatore mansion is considered to be in Mystic Falls, though probably on the outer limits. I would miss that set, so I would fully accept it if they claimed the spell didn't make it all the way to their house. Either way, I know one of the goals of the characters is breaking the spell so they can live in Mystic Falls again. Which is fine, but on the other hand, that makes both TVD and TO centered around people who just refuse to move somewhere else when the choice is that or face certain death. Dudes, Mystic Falls is not all that. Even New Orleans isn't worth all the drama.

• Love 1

As much as I hate to lose the Boarding House set, I think you're right, Carrie Ann.  Damon and Tyler/Julian had to leave the mansion because the spell was starting to affect them there.  I love those sets, they're all so gorgeous and perfect IMO, I'm sorry we probably won't be seeing much of them.  Maybe Jeremy will do a little caretaking once in awhile. ;)

I am a huge, ginormous Damon fan and I am not doing well with any speculation on whether Ian is even going to be a regular in S6.  For my own sanity, I'm choosing to believe that, of course, Ian will still be a regular in S6!  If sometimes my replies seem like I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and singing "la la la la la", it will be because that is what I'm doing - and not me being rude, I promise! :)

I was wondering in the All Seasons Thread about how Stefan will react to Damon's death.  I really wish they had cut the Delena scene by 3/4ths and had that time with Defan.  As much as I love Damon is about how much I hate Elena, so seeing her crying for over 3 minutes didn't do much for me.  The Salvatore brothers deserved so much better than no goodbye. 

I'm thinking maybe Stefan has gone off on his own for awhile, to grieve, to cope, maybe to look into some way to get his brother back.  I actually like the idea of him not being around for Elena to cry at and lean on.  He could keep in touch with Caroline, but IMO, if he stays in the Mystic Falls area, then he's stuck with Elena making it all about her.  Maybe he got on his motorcycle and went to Portland after all.  In her interviews, Julie Plec mentioned something about some of the characters not being around, I'm really hoping Stefan is one of them.  Mostly, I just want Stefan to have his own losses and grief acknowledged without it being about Elena.

I am so happy to have Alaric back!  At the very least, he should be some comfort to Jeremy.  I read in the same interview that he'll be having issues adjusting to being a vampire.  That makes sense to me since when he was turned into an Original by Esther, he only lived a few days as a vampire before dying.  I hope they give him a decent storyline apart from being the Gilberts father figure.  It would be nice to see Alaric and Stefan leaning on each other a little - if they allow Stefan to have more than his one friend, Caroline. 

I have no idea what they're going to do with Enzo.  I like him fine, he's pretty enough, but I'm not sure what purpose he serves - especially if Damon isn't around.  Enzo will not be a good snarky Damon replacement and I can't see them trying to put Caroline with him at this point.  OH!  Maybe Elena can hook up with Enzo and leave the Salvatores alone!! 

Ok, I'll shut up for now.  Sorry for the endless ramble!

@2Old2BAFangirl, ramble on! That's what speculation is for. :D

I'd like to think that wherever Stefan is, Caroline can come with. NOT because I want Steroline but because it feels like they showed him let her too far in this season, it seems logical she would help him deal with Damon's "death" while he helps her with Bonnie's "death". I suspect Elena, Jeremy and Alaric will be the denial team trying to find a way to reverse the situation.

Let's be real, Damon and Bonnie will be back. I would love their return to be delayed though, so that (at least as an instinctive reaction while watching the show) it makes the viewers sweat and think 'Maybe they really are dead'.

I felt like there was a really "reset button" feel to the finale so I hope they use the opportunity to make sure to avoid repeating past mistakes after writing themselves into a corner. I care more about character development than continuity so if they have to sacrifice what's left of that to make me like and enjoy each character in their respective role again, then I say go for it.

Not commenting on any romance because at this point it makes me irritated. Wondering about Enzo's utility as well. The only use I can see for him is that there is a new big villain in town and the gang will need at least one person who is willing to do unsavoury things to save them.

• Love 1

Personally I think Alaric and Enzo will try to reset the show sideways off the main three b/c I think all three of them are getting tired and may not renew past season 6. I saw Plec make some comment about an Enzo-Alaric spin off if TVD runs out. I think Enzo and Alaric will interact a lot in a negative way.  I don't mind this b/c I like both Enzo and Alaric so it is win win for me espcially with Damon gone. Not that I think they replace him, but it gives me something to enjoy while he is not there. Because he WILL come back, not coming back is NOT an option.(crosses arms and shakes head)

Plec has said that some people will have given up and some will not, what I think is going to happen is Elena and Enzo are both going to not give up and Alaric will want to give up and it will piss Alaric off that Enzo gives Elena "false hope".

As far as a reset triangle I feel if anything it will be Stefan/Caroline/Enzo. Caroline is nothing if not fickle and she has already been shown to take a shine to Enzo. I think they want to recreate her Klaus relationship with a more viable option to keep her on TVD and not TO.

Though Plec has said romance isn't a main priority in the beginning of season 6 anyway, which is fine by me.

I'm really curious where they all will live. It will be hard to keep a cohesive story it they are all all over the place. I do see Stefan alone b/c Caroline never liked Damon much so I just don't see Stefan leaning on her and I don't think he can lean on Elena b/c I think she'll want to try to bring Damon and Bonnie back. I feel mopey Stefan will be one person in the "give up" category.

I don't like to speculate too much b/c the writers always do whatever the hell they want which usually isn't very logical so then I get disappointed.

• Love 2

*sigh* I will miss the Salvatore mansion. Their library is amazing.

Actually if they did set season 6 a couple of years in the future, then Damon and Bonnie coming back quickly might not feel so weird. Particularly if the other characters have been shown to move on in a dramatic fashion.

I think the writers need to be careful about having the characters split up Geographically. The college storyline in season 5 didn't work especially as it's proximity to MF varied from episode to episode. Would Jeremy,Matt and Tyler still live on the Lock wood mansion? I can sort of see a storyline where the supes end up relying on these 3 to help them out. I can also see Jeremy turning to Matt over Alaric/Elena for comfort, particularly if he does stick in MF where his hunter instincts will be switched On.

• Love 2

I hope the show doesn't try to make Emzo a love interest for Caroline. I agree that it would be another Klaus situation (though without the all-powerful angle) and I also agree that there have been parallels put in place. Like with Klaus, Caro was shown to not give a shit about Enzo-including no upset upon learning of his death, and characters have told her that she's got a thing for him even though she hasn't demonstrated it. All we need now is for Enzo to manipulate her into sex and the parallel will be complete. At least Enzo can't turn Tyler into his slave, and one quick nip will kill him (Tyler will absolutely become a werewolf again as the show likes seeing him in full tragedy mode) so, in theory, Enzo won't be fucking with his life the way Klaus likes to. Even so, Enzo should not be a love interest for Caro. Accola will no doubt be leaving after this season if the show goes beyond 6 and Enzo will likely be staying so the show needs to set him up as a character we're supposed to give a damn about instead of a lame love interest.

Speculation: episode one will only show us Damon/Bonnie at the end of it, to psych us out and makes us think they're really not coming back (immediately). They'll then be back by episode two. 

Elena will cry and mope and go crazy trying to bring Damon back. She might tack on the name Bonnie at the end of those speeches, but we all know who she really cares about. Everybody will be very concerned about Elena, despite the fact that Stefan and Jeremy have suffered similarly big losses.

• Love 2

I assume they mean in a platonic way but Elena does like powerful male vampires and Alaric is surely still that.  Maybe that will be the twist of this season: Elena's love triangle will be between Alaric and Damon.

I assume they mean in a platonic way but Elena does like powerful male vampires and Alaric is surely still that. Maybe that will be the twist of this season: Elena's love triangle will be between Alaric and Damon.

That would be awesome!!!

Leave Stefan alone

• Love 1

http://comiccon.thewb.com/wbsdcc-tv-guide-2014-tvd/

I saw some speculation on twitter about Damon having a different ring, not his daylight ring in this TV guide cover. When I looked at this cover closer I noticed how Stefan and Elena are "normal" human looking in the picture and Damon is "ghostish" looking with the white tint and his hand, you can see Elena's hair through it.

I kind of wonder if maybe he needs a ring to be seen or something instead of to not burn in daylight. I really hope it won't be like Beramy last season where he can talk to people but can't touch them. I don't want a lot of angst with Delena not being able to feel each other. ugh! That would be old and tiresome.

What are others' opinions about the cover. Clues or reaching?

Love a bit of speculation! Damon does look a bit ghostly in the cover but I think that is probably a bluff and that he won't be a ghost for long. I can't abide Delena angst so those 2 either need to get on with having a proper adult relationship which isn't front and centre of every episode or just split up. I'm not sure about ghost Damon. I like the idea of him and Bonnie interacting more, I like their chemistry. I hope they give Bonnie character more interesting stuff though otherwise it would be a real bust.

With regards to the ring, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Damon wear his daylight ring on his left hand? It could be a magic, back from TOS ring, an undead the undead ring as it were. It does look like something IS might wear himself, so maybe it's just poor planning on the magazine's part.

• Love 1

@Jads the thought that it is just Ian's actual ring crossed my mind as well. It's possible it means something but I think it's equally likely that the ring just belongs to IS and he was wearing it at the shoot. 

Okay I just saw this statement Julie Plec made for the E!online Best Ever TV awards where Delena tied(with Kurt and Blaine from Glee) for Best Couple:

We also have reached out to the executive producers of both shows, Glee and TVD, to make sure they know how completely dedicated you all are as fans, and here's the message they have for you!

Julie Plec, executive producer, The Vampire Diaries
"Once again, our fandom has rallied to show their love for TVD and our gratitude grows along with their never-ending passion. Tune in in October to solve the mystery of where's Damon? Will he find his way back to Elena? And more importantly, if he and Bonnie aren't dead, will they survive their time together without killing each other out of mutual aggravation and annoyance?"

I thought that last little bit at least sounded kind of interesting. I've always liked Bonnie and Damon's snarky humor frienemy kind of vibe. It might be kind of funny to see them snark their way into getting back home. They might be extra annoyed with each other since it is supposed to be a time jump of I'd assume about 3 months since we last saw them. So if they've been stuck together for a while it could be fun!

• Love 1
(edited)

I've never seen them as frenemies...they have a pretty unsubtle hatred of each other. 

Actually I'm rewatching season two and at the decade dance when they had their plan to fake her death to Klaus they were actually a little friendly and Bonnie seemed to get a new respect for him at that time. They both were adamant that saving Elena meant the most to them both. So I stand by the frenemy statement.

In the end BONNIE grabed Damon's hand so yah I think they are friends.

I'm really curious about this time jump thing. Plec has mentioned this several times. At first I just expected 3 months like last season, but since she is making such a big deal about it, I wonder how long it really will be? Are we talking 6 months, a year, 5 years?

It will really suck for Klaus and Caroline fans b/c TO isn't doing  a time jump I don't think, so crossovers are unlikely.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1
(edited)

TVLINE | There’s a crazy internet rumor out there that suggests Elena will want to reunite with Damon so badly, she’ll consider dying to join him. Is there any truth to that?

Julie Plec: I’ll just say that I think it’d be super sad for a young woman in her vibrant, early years to take her life and die on the sword for the love of a man. As much as I am a romantic and believe in true love, I also believe in therapy and trying to pull yourself together and getting on with your life.

She's full of shit. $10 says the writers were absolutely going to have Elena kill herself to be with Damon.....lol, and Bonnie (not really), but the spoiler leaked, Plec bought a clue that hey, maybe it's not the smartest idea for a 19 year old girl to commit suicide for a man, and that it would be received badly by critics, so she and the writers changed it. She and Caroline Dries absolutely would think that it would be romantic for Elena to kill herself for Damon, every interview they've given in the past year supports that.  Just like how when Damon was going to be the one who got the cure, that leaked, and they changed it.

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 2

....Plec bought a clue that hey, maybe it's not the smartest idea for a 19 year old girl to commit suicide for a man...

Again. Commit suicide for a man, AGAIN. I mean, one could argue that Elena's done this or attempted to do this multiple times, but at the very least, are JP and CD not going to count Elena jumping in that car in the S5 finale to die with Damon? I mean, sure she thought they would both come back, but it was a risk. And she DID die. She did commit suicide. For absolutely no reason at all.

• Love 2
In the end BONNIE grabed Damon's hand so yah I think they are friends.

Circumstance. 

They may work together but there isn't anything friendly between them..or between Damon and anyone not named Elena or Stefan.

• Love 1

Totally stumbled on this by accident (was trying to find out more about the new BAU agent), I read something that could potentially be interesting...?

What can you tell me about the new season of The Vampire Diaries? — Brittany
When executive producer Julie Plec told us that the mystery of where Bonnie and Damon are would be answered quickly, she wasn't lying: You'll definitely know before the end of the second episode. But pay close attention: Although the setting may look familiar, the duo is definitely in a place that's foreign to them. Perhaps it's not the where that matters at all!

I think is some interviews it has been alluded to that Elena and Alaric have some kind of romantic or sexual relationship. To me the only way that makes sense is if it is all in Damon's head somehow. I kind of think adding that last quote to it maybe Damon and Bonnie are stuck in some parallel world where they never existed and have to witness situation that are painful for them to watch, like Damon's best friend and love being together, because it is not the setting that is important. I just kind of wonder if what they see is real to them or if they know it isn't.

• Love 1

I like both of those theories, because I have to say, if real world Elena and Alaric somehow fall in love I'm going to be bothered, he's a father figure! (I mean a terrible one who condones underage drinking and sleeping with vampires, but still!) It feels a bit squicky to me. 

• Love 4

I agree.  I think Alaric was Elena and Jeremy's teacher, and then a surrogate parent.  So it's a little too squicky for me to think there could be anything romantic between them.  Also, 'Ric wouldn't mess with the Bro Code by hooking up with Elena, even if he thought Damon was really-truly-this-time-forever kind of dead.

Looking forward to the possible (probable?) Stefan/Caroline coupling.  

• Love 1

Okay I kind of thought when Plec said Elena would be acting out of character in her grief this might happen. I kind of think it will be a play on the Twilight saga when Edward left Bella and she started doing dangerous things to see Edward. I think Elena is going to act like Damon chasing the feeling he is still with her.

I don't really think that promo tells us anything we didn't already know/suspect from the interviews this summer. It all just seems to be Elena's grief.

ETA: Here is the whole trailer on the CW page. Apparently Elena is using some witch potion like a drug to see Damon.

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/the-vampire-diaries/bite-back-trailer/?play=16e06c75-63f6-40d3-88ca-152b53f9c88c

Edited by Cattitude

Elena is so damn pathetic. Someone do her a favor and stake her stupid ass and put her out of her misery. This is hilarious that Elena is the one who said two seasons ago that she wasn't one of "those girls" whose life stopped or whose life revolved around some guy. She really has sunk to a new low. What a pathetic excuse for a woman. Plec and Dries should be ashamed. She'll probably try to kill herself again in the first or second episode to be wit Damon. Not Bonnie, no, fuck Bonnie am I right? It's all about Damon.

She really has become Bella Swan. I'm expecting a magical vampire baby by the Season 6 finale now.

The message is loud and clear here: Life is NOT worth living without your boyfriend and if he leaves you or you lose him somehow, then you need to do something dangerous and stupid to see him or be with him.

Edited by grandemocha
  • Love 3

So they looked at the mess that was Season 5 and thought "You know what would make this better? It needs to be more like Twilight". I keep being amazed that these are paid writers who come up with this kind of crap.

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-cast-changes-returning-shows-new-actors-leaving/#!107/colin_ferguson/

So, this is interesting because I will pretty much watch anything with Colin (and I was only slightly invested in VD this past season) but it is also pretty much a guarantee that Colin will die at some point in the season.  I am conflicted about how he will tie into the rest of the season. 

Squealing for so much joy that I had to make an account!  I love Colin as I was an avid watcher of Eureka.  He deserves so much more than to be stuck doing commercials for Maytag.  Please do not kill him off!

• Love 2

From the previews it looks like Damon will go back without Bonnie and he's not happy about it. He better try to bring her back. Although technically he's aided in her resurrection twice now, he's basically her Xander so I shouldn't worry.

Edited by slayer2

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/the-vampire-diaries-season-6-ep_31.html

Well, it looks like Damon will NOT be looking to save Bonnie immediately because he'll think she's dead. Oh and he'll lie about their time in the 90s for some reason. Not loving the idea of this. It seems like a pretty sketchy way to have him focus only on Elena straight away. Like Damon wouldn't try to help Bonnie. I don't like that he assumes she died and thinks 'oh well, sucks but let's move on'.

Sounds like I can skip a few episodes because I really only liked the Damon/Bonnie stuff. I truly don't understand why he'd think she was permanently dead and I'm not looking forward to her being hounded by Kai. If I were Bonnie, I'd be pissed that Damon wasn't immediately trying to get me back. But knowing this show, she'll be over it after 5 minutes and will sit in the background waiting to be sacrificed again for one of her "friends."

• Love 1

Oh boo. That really bums me out. Why would he think Bonnie could die when Kai couldn't?

I guess I can sort of understand this since it was created to be Kai's hell so no wonder he can't die in it. Although I think the real reason is they want to focus on a bunch of Elena/Damon Stefan/Caroline stuff and set up the plot without making Damon look like a total asshole. If it follows the continuity of Damon caring about Bonnie then I'll stock with it although it does sound like I'll be skipping a few episodes.

I do wonder at the timing for November sweeps and if it will coincide with Mockingjay November 25th. As it sounds like Bonnie will be living a literal Hunger Games and soon Damon and Elena will be trying to find a way to save her on the outside like Haymitch. I guess that would make the Gemini Coven Plutarch or Seneca Crane.

• Love 1

Producers` preview for the next episode:   http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/11/the-vampire-diaries-episode-606-more_5.html

Seriously? Of all the times Damon could have developed feelings of confidence and security about Elena`s feelings for him, he has picked NOW? Probably not a good choice. Stefan`s silent look of "dude, you are toast" spoke volumes.

I guess it will show a significant shift, though, if he gets inevitably disappointed and DOESN`T spiral for once. Character growth, lets have it.

And as someone who used to ship Delena pretty hardcore, this whole "Bonnie who? Damon will just be focused on getting back with Elena and Elena will wonder what it was like" story they are advertising now all over the place makes me have a "I think Ted Mosby proposed to me" reaction:  No, no, no, no, no, no, no, please God no, no, no, no, no, no."

Whereas the obvious story could have been "Elena only remembers the bad and thereby is biased" - whereas before Damon was heavily included in her group of people she tends to excuse and explain away every kind of bad behaviour because she is mostly biased in the other direction (and can`t acknowledge their entire group has no real morality to speak of) - and Damon actively shows her something good now by trying his damnedest to help Bonnie. Making her question what she is missing. Then she could have gotten her memories back, integrated both the good with the bad and made a fully informed decision. It could have been profound and touching, Alas. 

• Love 1

I figured Jo was a witch after last episode but I have other thoughts as well. 

I think Jo is Kai's sister that he left alive(without a spleen). Which means she's part of the Gemini coven and she'll be the key to getting Bonnie back. 

Of course, if I was able to think of it, it must be wrong.  Probably the blonde twins will get Bonnie back and Jo will just be a run of the mill witch.

• Love 3

No, I think you're right. Wow good call, I bet she is Kai's spleenless sister. Maybe that's why she went into medicine, after your whole family is butchered and you helpless to stop it then saving people sans magic might be a thing.

I agree. i have a feeling they'll use her and the Wonder Twins to hep get Bonnie back since they don't have their pet witch running around to do everything for them. I think the Gemini Coven will factor heavily into the arc, but Damon needs to quit trying to spare everyone's feelings, get a clue, and explain exactly what happened. They can't start saving Bonnie if they have no idea she's trapped in the first place, and homeslice just can't do it on his own.

• Love 1