Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

(edited)

As most of us have learned, Y&R episodes air in Canada one day before they air in the US.  This thread is meant to be a place where viewers in Canada can openly discuss the episodes the day they air without worrying about spoiling anything for viewers outside of Canada.  Anything that happens in the episode is fair game for discussion, and spoiler tags are unnecessary.  (Of course, if you do talk about spoilers that come from some other source, use the spoiler tags as usual.)

This thread is certainly NOT meant to banish our Maple Leaf buds to the hinterlands of the Yukon Territories.  In fact, I hope there is a lot of border crossing.  Viewers in Canada can still pop over to the "Getting to Genoa You" thread to discuss anything up to and including the episode which airs in the US.  And I'm sure there will be plenty of people from outside of Canada who don't mind spoilers who will check in to this thread and join the discussion.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 6

Why do I open this folder and break into Lionel Ritchie? "Hello? Is it me you're looking for?"

Well, if this is the Canadian Closet, I guess it is.

So okay, I've endured two days of the unavoidable Festival of the Dearly Departed Saint Cassie. And I mean endured. And marvelled at the lack of underwear lines on Sharon in that dress...

And now, Saint Doppelganger Mariah is warming up her engines in Portland as her umbrella story starts unfolding. And I don't care. It's not like I'm even picky; I just like going to Genoa City, maybe slipping on a little GCRB, pouring myself a glass of wine, and lowering my expectations. Why Portland? Is Mariah in the designer pickle business? Did Tyler help her steal somebody's skinny jeans design?

And Tyler--you went grubbing to Sharon for money for a swank lawyer?

• Love 5

So okay, I've endured two days of the unavoidable Festival of the Dearly Departed Saint Cassie. And I mean endured.

I'm tired of hearing people talk about Saint Cassie and celebrate her life multiple times a year.

• Love 3

And now, from deep within the Canadian Closet...[suitable announcer voice]

Big Pimpin' Victor!

And apparently it's not at all odd that some mangy intern or whatever is boldly saluted by GC's equivalent to Rupert Murdoch [or some other mega-titan]. Just the way things are in GC, egalitarian capital of the universe. As if that's not enough, we get BPV not so subtly urging Dr Peeper to pursue his daughter, then rushing over to said daughter's house to discover THE ICONIC PRENATAL VITAMINS O' DOOM, and recommend Dr Peeper to her. I half expected BPV to be sportin' some white shoes and blingy jewellery...

And speaking of Dr Peeper, can we just exhume your bloody past, please? Among all the rushed storylines lately, why drag this one? If Chelsea don't spill on your character [she just handled that for Billy], then Kelly will provide that service for you. Ah, maybe he's Mariah's cousin or something.

Oh, and in breaking news, The Hand has developed An Arm.

• Love 7

Once more into the Closet we go...

Summer, you need BigSmax, as we used to say when the kids were small. Suddently, she's all defending CameraGuy and his noisy opinions. But, I guess, that's love, eh? [There, I said it.] And I know young Mr Mouthy CameraGuy's noise is a signal, but who's he supposed to be tied to? Why the lawyer-hate? Why doesn't he work much? He's boring me as a character, and, in fact, the second we're in Avery's apartment, especially in the kitchen, I start sinking into the vortex of tedium again.

While I'm at it, Kevin, you need to be hackin' again! Get your flavour back, please! Being a demure cop doesn't suit you, and you're edging close to the vortex yourself. Involve yourself in the damn Stitch background-check stat!

Speaking of vortices--and the one, the only supreme abyss/vortex--Cane and Lily...do I really need to be there to witness the Hallmark Precious Moments duo celebrating some other damn occasion? Do they celebrate something every other day? Who are they, Peabo Bryson?

And yes, Tyler makes no sense at all, as regards CaMariah. And if people in GC know that, face it, Tyler, you're really making no sense.

And, I guess I should drop into the Shrine of Saint Cassie, say ten Hail Marys and a Cole Porter, and light a candle to ask her to intervene on behalf of Jess Walton to give her a better story.

• Love 6

I love that we have this thread!  Thank you!

I usually watch several eps in a row, so can never be sure what I saw on the Cdn ep or on the US, so this makes it easier.

So I noticed that they finally decided to acknowledge that they led us to believe that Mariah reminded Tyler of Lily.  As if.  

Anyone think that Jill is playing Colin with the necklace and planted it in the chandelier and hired the appraiser?

Anyone think that Jill is playing Colin with the necklace and planted it in the chandelier and hired the appraiser?

Oh, I hope so! I would love to see Jill run a game on Colin. Actually, now that I think of it, I'd enjoy Jill interacting with Ian Ward--that could be unpredictable.

• Love 2

Pearlite, WTF? You are on a roll. Fantastic posts.

The following is gold. 

It's not like I'm even picky; I just like going to Genoa City, maybe slipping on a little GCRB, pouring myself a glass of wine, and lowering my expectations.

Exactly how I feel -- and still they let us down, again and again.

• Love 1

Who the fuck goes to the hospital to get vitamins?

Especially when a mixup by the pharmacy at the hospital was responsible for Chelsea finding out that Victoria is pregnant. I was also wondering why Victoria's original prescription was for such a short time period. Don't pregnant women take the vitamins for most if not all of their pregnancy? Her first prescription couldn't have been for more than a month.

Loved the lady coming out of Ian's hotel room after a meeting regarding The Path. Yep, just who I would take advice from - someone working out of a hotel room, and whose face looks like a bruised prune. Her mentor obviously took a wrong path recently.

I loved when Summer was kissing Austin and he wanted to stop, her first reaction was "Wasn't I doing it right?". Geesh Summer, you aren't 13. You have kissed before. In fact I think the same thing happened when you wanted to jump your brother - before he was you brother, of course.

I love Billy wanting to find out what deep dark secret caused Stitch's wife to move away and take his son. I have forgotten - what was Victoria's deep dark secret that caused JT to move away and take Reed?

• Love 1

Ian has admitted to a tiny little crush on Jill.  If you remember, I did catch him muttering her name in his sleep.  I hit him for that.

Oh, good--not that you feel left out, of course--but, could I, even though, it's completely out of left field, ask you to let him just maybe tease Jill a little? I hate asking you to take one for the team, but...

And while I'm at it, Ian still hasn't answered my request for the autographed 8X10 glossy. I asked him about a week ago, when I started working on the Closet--I have in mind a pretty little alcove in here with an invisible spot light where I can put his picture. The whole thing will be very tasteful; I've already picked out a silver frame.

• Love 1

Ah Username [may I call you that, since we're in here among friends?], clearly you were more alert than I during yesterday's inch-the-plots-along-fest.

Especially when a mixup by the pharmacy at the hospital was responsible for Chelsea finding out that Victoria is pregnant. I was also wondering why Victoria's original prescription was for such a short time period. Don't pregnant women take the vitamins for most if not all of their pregnancy? Her first prescription couldn't have been for more than a month.

Loved the lady coming out of Ian's hotel room after a meeting regarding The Path. Yep, just who I would take advice from - someone working out of a hotel room, and whose face looks like a bruised prune. Her mentor obviously took a wrong path recently.

I loved when Summer was kissing Austin and he wanted to stop, her first reaction was "Wasn't I doing it right?". Geesh Summer, you aren't 13. You have kissed before. In fact I think the same thing happened when you wanted to jump your brother - before he was you brother, of course.

I love Billy wanting to find out what deep dark secret caused Stitch's wife to move away and take his son. I have forgotten - what was Victoria's deep dark secret that caused JT to move away and take Reed?

In answer to your first issue--the vitamins--let's try to remember, just while we're in the Closet, never to apply logic or real-world rules. Take a cleansing breath, face the Ian Alcove, and repeat after me, "Suspension of Disbelief, All is Illusion." Do that three times, or until you feel better.

Now, now, speaking of Ian...I'm sure that young lady was entirely too focused on spiritual matters to even notice the odd blemish on his serene visage. And, speaking of Ian 2, GCRP! Check out the Ian/Avery scene: Avery and Ian were tone-on-tone Genoa City Regal Purple! I myself swooned--Ian's bruises were colour-coordinated--he has that effect on things.

And Avery, for heaven's sake, maybe take a tutorial with Kelly and start making some pretentious references! When you saw what you thought was Ian's message re key lime pie and revenge, why didn't you just snap out, "Ian, if you're going to quote Ninon Choderlos de l'Enclos [or Star Trek II], you should at least credit your sources." [And BTW, Kelly, I'm still gagging over your referring to the V & A museum as something romantic. Where is this coming from, dear? You were a hard-faced, pragmatic ball of misery and now, between bourgie refs that clank like a sewer pipe, you sound like a bloody Harlequin.]

Ooh, Sulky-Lips Summer--I forgot about the Young Frankincest thing! Scruples, she don't need no stinkin' scruples! I truly can't stand Summer--why doesn't she just get a job or something?

Re Billy: can't Kevin please just hurry up and put his skills to work on Dr Buzzcut? I'll take revenge served any temperature, where the Billy/Stitch scenario's concerned [and credit my reference].

Finally, like I care about Devonna's foot booboo? Or PreciousMomentsLily's rejection of Daddy's gift? I have fabric samples to go over for the cute little armchairs in here. I hope everyone likes a nice chintz...

• Love 2

pearlite- I think it's quite ok for Ian to tease Jill, just as long as he remembers it's just a game.  As for your shrine/closet- don't you think a small leather club chair would be more appropriate along with the cherry wood paneling and silver frame?  Your chintz footstool, upon which you sit whilst staring adoringly at the picture (which I have reminded him about, by the way), would look just so sweet at its side.  See, I'm not so selfish.

• Love 1
(edited)

pearlite- I think it's quite ok for Ian to tease Jill, just as long as he remembers it's just a game.  As for your shrine/closet- don't you think a small leather club chair would be more appropriate along with the cherry wood paneling and silver frame?  Your chintz footstool, upon which you sit whilst staring adoringly at the picture (which I have reminded him about, by the way), would look just so sweet at its side.  See, I'm not so selfish.

Yes, of course, Bayview! Something more manly for the Ian Alcove!

I just thought a nice chintz or toile de jouy would be welcoming for some of the little grouped chairs for the ladies. And I will of course start working out the appropriate height for my footstool.

Thanks for reminding Ian--I know he's a bit overtaxed at the mo.

Speaking of cons [forgive me, Ian], I sort of did enjoy one item yesterday: VampiraChelsea making a slight return to her roots. Please make it so! I liked it when she hit Billy with the "It takes a con to con a con" line re the Dr Buzzcut secret. Frankly I was getting more than a bit tired of her as the dewy young widow...waiting for the Hand to fall...

Edited by pearlite

Oh, sorry, you caught me snoozing on the chaise longue here in the Closet.

I may have drifted off yesterday during yesterday's CA episode. Perhaps it was Precious Moments' dilemma about Archy or Mehitabel's rash...that was pretty riveting TV, no? Or that compelling conversation between Avery and Victor--what in hell was that about? When pretty much all I recall was that vile animal print jacket Nikki was wearing, even the ever-optimistic Pearlite finds it kind of depressing.

Apologies.

Maybe they're treating my fabric swatches for the Closet with some chemical, but I keep dozing off...

All right now, let me speak in a less forgiving or self-deluding way: how many days of filler-convos do we have to endure? This was not what the Bells created when they wrote slow, but well-paced storylines. This is edging close to misery.

Mariah, we knew you were coming back.

Sharon, we knew you'd jump back into bed with Nick.

Abby, we knew you'd still be undecided where Tyler is concerned--and we could care less.

We were maybe a bit surprised, but frankly, it was up there with yesterday's poison-ivy alarm, when Mehitabel snagged Katherine's big necklace and stowed it in her backpack.

We nearly dozed off yet again when Jill [who knows a hell of a lot better]recanted her suspicions of Colin once more. Jill--when Lauren tries to wise you up about men, isn't that some kind of signal? Carmine? Ring any bells?

And Nookie [of Nookie and Pookie fame--i.e., Precious Moments], we knew you'd bitch out Hilary yet again.

C'mon, folks. I'd like people to actually want to come into the Closet--why would they want to, at this point? Have I been redecorating for nothing?

• Love 1

No wonder I cannot stand Sharin.. what a dumb twat. She is such an idiot . Who in the fuck would bring this con back into their lives and into their home. I hope mariah fucks her over royally.

Shick is such a lame pair. Jm is such a weak actor and SC needs to be paired with a strong actor.  Thank god for the ff button.. this cheesy pair is as lame as jack and kelly.

• Love 1

Bayview, I want things to be on the up and up, so I'm writing this as an open letter to Ian:

Dear Ian

We haven't met yet, but I am an avowed admirer of yours. In fact, I dropped you a little line the other week about obtaining a picture for a little devotional corner I'm setting up.

That aside, for the last while, nothing much has been happening in GC, even though you're in town. I know this isn't your problem, but it's hard to get anyone to come into the Closet here and visit your devotional corner [even sans picture] when everyone's so boring and nothing much is happening. If I may be so bold, though, based on my visit to GC yesterday, could I make a few suggestions?

• You know Nikki, and I know she was a stripper, but could you arrange to burn the animal-print jacket and dress, please? That dress may have caused her to stumble in her speech when she was talking to Victor.
  • Austen is a dud. Not worth your energy; nobody home there, except Mr. Sulky.
  • You may want to check to see if there's anything behind that stone-face your erstwhile "son," Dylan is fronting. Especially when he has to do a long-exit take--could you give him Drake Hogestyn's number, please? He had a great technique for managing those shots. And it didn't involve thinking.
  • Text Chelsea, please. Or just pass along some tips to her re the character assassination on Dr. Stitch. Or just try brainwashing the doctor. Or something.
  • If you could manage anything at all with Cane and Lily, I'd really appreciate it, and so would a lot of others, I think. Brainwashing's out of the question. Nothing to wash.
  • I know Summer's a bit hostile still, but you're a "never say die" kind of guy. Please?
  • I'm enclosing Gloria's number and address here. Please, just get in touch.

These are a lot of requests, but Ian, I sense you're up to the task. And I'm lonely in here,

Pearlite

• Love 4

Awwpearlite! Poor little dear heart. Be not alone!

Yes please burn Nikki's dress. It was simply hideous.

Ian needs to call Glo STAT. I'll make the popcorn for that encounter. RW and JC would light the town up and wouldn't have to wear GCRB to make it happen.

• Love 2

If you could manage anything at all with Cane and Lily, I'd really appreciate it, and so would a lot of others, I think. Brainwashing's out of the question. Nothing to wash.

He can just call the Australian Cattle Mafia to come collect those two worthless idiots.

Awwpearlite! Poor little dear heart. Be not alone!

Yes please burn Nikki's dress. It was simply hideous.

Ian needs to call Glo STAT. I'll make the popcorn for that encounter. RW and JC would light the town up and wouldn't have to wear GCRB to make it happen.

What's worse, Nikki had the jacket on two days ago, then the dress, no jacket yesterday. This is not a woman who needs to mix and match, for economy reasons.

You know, FWIW, one of the worst things about the show right now, aside from massive continuity issues, semi-dead characters, and talking-head scenes, is the complete absence of the sparkle that Judith Chapman and Ian Wise [oh, we can even cut Knots Landing some slack here] add to the overall angst.

Also, related to this, not enought schemes running! When Billy, under Chelsea's tutelage, can't even manage a telemarketing call to Kangaland [sorry, AxellaJ], because we have to get back to our regularly-scheduled tedium...

• Love 1

Ian's been out of GC for the past couple of days getting a (deeper) tan in a warm clime (Florida).  I'll send him back (when I'm good and ready) refreshed and ready to enlighten the heck out of those GC heathens.  He does take into consideration all requests, but like Santa Claus, can't always provide the exact things you desire.  Would a general drugging of the water system be an acceptable first step? That could be done by contract. Then he could cherry pick the particularly heinous ones first and get to the others as time permits.  

• Love 2

Okay, Ian, you're enjoying Florida, and I don't blame you. Allowances have been made.

I do sense your delicate touch as Kevin hit the keyboard today, in the interests of speeding up a really dull, out-of-nowhere storyline about Avery and Austin [whoever you are, and I don't care]. Austin, Genoa City has enough Oedipal issues without you in the mix, got it?

Supergirl milkshakes do not a storyline make, either. When Noah, who bores me, makes more sense than other characters, and you know who you are, what gives?

And, Ian, I know you're probably loath to really get into it with Steve Burton, but have you considered reading glasses? He's deadweight. There is no Path for him, unless it's downhill and out. You won't get any on you if you take a little action, know what I mean?

And, yet again, Ian, I know you know Cricket is a Bell. But, c'mon.

• Love 1

I'm tired of hearing people talk about Saint Cassie and celebrate her life multiple times a year.

I'm reading this thread late, but I have to agree wholeheartedly with this. It's been Cassie overload on this show for years ever since they exited the character, and now we're having more Cassie, in the form of Pariah, forced down our gullet. Why has every writing team heralded Cassie multiple times a year? Gad. It's worse than Tracey showing up and invoking the Sacred and Holy Name of St. Colleen du Lac.

Someone else had mentioned in another thread that anyone who has lost offspring gets a free pass, and I agree, but the writers need to stop flogging these things as a plot point. Not only is it tasteless, it's tiresome.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow. Today's Canadian was a steaming pile of shite. Between Ovary's abduction by Ricky 2.0 Austin, Pariah's new job at The Underground which caused a subsequent hissy fit by Noah (who's getting to be more like Dear Old Dad, Knuckledragger Knick every day), and Steve Burton's as Dullard's "Smell The Fart" acting while his Spidey Sense was tingling, it was a rather droll episode.

Pearlite, when you referenced Drake Hogestyn earlier upthread, you were right on the money! Dude is the new DH! It absolutely made me think of "Smell The Fart" acting! I'm sure he'll break the door down, rescue Country Kitchen Ovary, and do it with the same wooden expression that he rocks 90% of the time.

Edited by canucktvwatcher
  • Love 3

A quiet suggestion from Ian's (I can use just his first name) girlfriend:  Let the realRayWise become a contributing writer (with the ultimate goal of taking over the whole damn shooting match).  Wouldn't Genoa City become a much more fun place?

• Love 4
(edited)

You used Steven Burton and "droll" in the same line of text. Wow.

and Steve Burton's as Dullard's "Smell The Fart" acting while his Spidey Sense was tingling, it was a rather droll episode.

Pearlite, when you referenced Drake Hogestyn earlier upthread, you were right on the money! Dude is the new DH! It absolutely made me think of "Smell The Fart" acting! I'm sure he'll break the door down, rescue Country Kitchen Ovary, and do it with the same wooden expression that he rocks 90% of the time.

Actually, years ago, I read an interview with Hogestyn, about how soap actors handle those long takes at the end of shots. DH had actually worked out his own way of doing so--it was something to the effect of dropping the head slightly forward and letting the eyelids close, then raising the head and opening the eyes to deliver a searing gaze... That may have been the culmination of his acting technique, as I recall from watching Days decades ago.

A quiet suggestion from Ian's (I can use just his first name) girlfriend:  Let the realRayWise become a contributing writer (with the ultimate goal of taking over the whole damn shooting match).  Wouldn't Genoa City become a much more fun place?

Oh, allow me to apologize for the over-familiarity, please! Mr Wardwise is already doing a lot of heavy lifting just working on the show--would he have the stamina to undertake writing as well?

Edited by pearlite
Actually, years ago, I read an interview with Hogestyn, about how soap actors handle those long takes at the end of shots. DH had actually worked out his own way of doing so--it was something to the effect of dropping the head slightly forward and letting the eyelids close, then raising the head and opening the eyes to deliver a searing gaze... That may have been the culmination of his acting technique, as I recall from watching Days decades ago.

Damn this is funny. 

• Love 1

You used Steven Burton and "droll" in the same line of text. Wow.

Oh, allow me to apologize for the over-familiarity, please! Mr Wardwise is already doing a lot of heavy lifting just working on the show--would he have the stamina to undertake writing as well?

Well, it was droll in the way that it was complete shit, but at the same time amusing in its badness. I should have explained that further! SB's expression for "Avery's in trouble" is pretty much the same as , "Oh shit, the Espresso machine is broken again". It reminds me of that Darth Vader picture that's floating around that says, "The Expressions of Vader", and it's his mask in every shot. SB is like that, only with less personality.....and it's so funny to watch! It's like those around him have to emote, to get any traction from the scene AT ALL.

I think it was Noah's OTT sqeauling about Pariah working at The Underground, though, that pushed it from "meh" to "I'm really amused at the shittiness of this mess". The whole Austin bit was an eye roller as well. It was just SO BAD. I'm not even gonna pretend that I'm not amused, entertained, or surprised by this stuff, though. I love YR, but it seems to plumb new depths each week lately with its ineptness. That being said, it's something you can't take your eyes off of! Ah, YR.

Oh, you did a better job than I could have there, explaining the enigma that is Steve Burton. I'm puzzled every time I see him onscreen--he's the negative space of charisma. And when Ray Wise can't bring a performance out of an actor, that's saying something.

Well, it was droll in the way that it was complete shit, but at the same time amusing in its badness. I should have explained that further! SB's expression for "Avery's in trouble" is pretty much the same as , "Oh shit, the Espresso machine is broken again". It reminds me of that Darth Vader picture that's floating around that says, "The Expressions of Vader", and it's his mask in every shot. SB is like that, only with less personality.....and it's so funny to watch! It's like those around him have to emote, to get any traction from the scene AT ALL.

I think it was Noah's OTT sqeauling about Pariah working at The Underground, though, that pushed it from "meh" to "I'm really amused at the shittiness of this mess". The whole Austin bit was an eye roller as well. It was just SO BAD. I'm not even gonna pretend that I'm not amused, entertained, or surprised by this stuff, though. I love YR, but it seems to plumb new depths each week lately with its ineptness. That being said, it's something you can't take your eyes off of! Ah, YR.

That's two good strikes in one post! This is how I feel lately watching the show. I start out with a degree of optimism, then, by about the 20-minute mark, I'm feeling kinda sad, because I do love Y & R. I don't think it's dissolving into the cliche'd trainwreck, though--it's kind of just flattening out, and that's a waste of a very good soap.

• Love 2
(edited)

I start out with a degree of optimism, then, by about the 20-minute mark, I'm feeling kinda sad, because I do love Y & R.

Pearlite, you have hit the nail on the head with regards to my feelings for Y&R. I realize now that I have fallen out of love with the show. I feel like I have in previous relationships that have come to an end - I know my feelings have changed, but hold on to the hope that when I see the object of my former love, I will have that feeling again. Instead I just feel empty, sad, and a little resentful that things have changed. Eventually the relationship ends altogether because it is just too painful. Not sure how much longer my relationship with Y&R will last, but it is rapidly surpassing even the 'we can still be friends' stage.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4

Oh, you did a better job than I could have there, explaining the enigma that is Steve Burton. I'm puzzled every time I see him onscreen--he's the negative space of charisma. And when Ray Wise can't bring a performance out of an actor, that's saying something.

That's two good strikes in one post! This is how I feel lately watching the show. I start out with a degree of optimism, then, by about the 20-minute mark, I'm feeling kinda sad, because I do love Y & R. I don't think it's dissolving into the cliche'd trainwreck, though--it's kind of just flattening out, and that's a waste of a very good soap.

Thanks! And you also point out the viewing experience of YR lately very nicely here; 20 minutes in, you're looking at your watch. As much as I enjoy the show, I sometimes look forward to commercials to break this shit up a bit. Ray Wise also has his work cut out for him - he has to act as though the boring, wooden SB is his son. As if someone as ho-hum and tiresome as Dylan could pass himself off as Ian's offspring! The delicious irony that Ray Wise, who was on TWIN PEAKS is playing a role where SB is his son is not lost on me....or anyone else that's a fan of tv! David Lynch, if he ever watched the show, would probably laugh his ass off!

YR has become like a fast food meal; it seems like a good idea at the time, but about a half an hour later, you regret it, as the contents start to settle.

• Love 1
(edited)

Re: Monday....

Goddamnit. The Avery/Austin Fuckery continues....except this time, Dullard, who shows NO FUCKING EXPRESSION as always, gets the lead from Kevin where Cray Cray Austin and Ovary are thanks to Kev's Amazeen Computer skills, and sneaks in to rescue his Lady Love. He tackles Pusnuts Austin, and they wrassle over the gun, which OF COURSE goes off while the GC 5-0 burst through the door, late as always. Except instead of doing us all a favour and hitting Strippergram "You're under arrest, Sugar" Boretney, it fucking hits PAUL. Paul hits the floor like he just ate Crocket's cooking.

Sigh.

Now, I can tell you EXACTLY what will go on. Crocket will be pregnant, wring her hands, sob, and we will be forced to sit through scenes of LLB "acting". The fact that she is indeed pregnant will be used to bring Paulie through. Seeing as his liver is damaged (seriously, as Stench lets us know, while wearing an unsullied OR smock, no less), and he'll no doubt need a donor, and because of his guilt at not listening to Paul and the rest of the GCPD who told him, "DON'T DO IT! LET US HANDLE IT!" and then blamed his stupid ass for this debacle (which is accurate), JFP's Favourite Wooden Pet, SB, the Inimitable Dullard, will offer up some liver in reparation. Or maybe they'll recruit an Abbott as a donor. They seem to keep them around for spare parts every time someone needs a transplant!

I swear to God - all the newbies that rush in through the door, and they pick Paul to take the bullet to prop Ovary? FFS, show! And the fact that Austin overpowered Dullard so easily? Running a coffeehouse has made him soft, apparently!

Of course Dummer is getting pulled into this, too. Do I smell another kidnapping by Austin?

Show, I love you, but it's getting harder to buy the line of shit you're selling!

Edited by canucktvwatcher
  • Love 5

This show is painfully bad.  I am so bored I barely watch when I play it back.  However, I am seriously getting annoyed because I want to know who the fuck Stitch killed!  And is Kelly his sister?  Sister in law?

I couldn't even watch the Avery/Austin/Dylan plot, so stupid.  I did, for some reason, enjoy Chelsea and Billy.  Shocker.

Seeing as his liver is damaged (seriously, as Stench lets us know, while wearing an unsullied OR smock, no less)

I don't understand how Stitch has time to see patients. Why wasn't he stalking Vikki or somewhere sulking because she might decide to take Billy back?

(edited)

I don't understand how Stitch has time to see patients. Why wasn't he stalking Vikki or somewhere sulking because she might decide to take Billy back?

He also sits in AllPurpose Park, eating a symbolic and nostalgic hot dog, waiting for Kelly. Then Kelly backs off on retailing his secret. Then I nodded a bit.

Oh, then Kelly gets to drop Victoria's pregnancy on Jack. Jack reacts sorta normally--i.e., "Why would you [Kelly] know about that?" Kelly responds with sublime illogic, "Well, we're friends, and we were just having a little catch-up..." [or words to that effect]. So...Stitchitis continues to ravage its way across storylines in GC.

Strippergram Cop Barbie, too true! BTW, speaking of day-players masquerading as characters...what's up with Sgt Snarky, the cop with the burn on for Kevin and anyone/everyone else?

Re: Monday....

Goddamnit. The Avery/Austin Fuckery continues....except this time, Dullard, who shows NO FUCKING EXPRESSION as always, gets the lead from Kevin where Cray Cray Austin and Ovary are thanks to Kev's Amazeen Computer skills, and sneaks in to rescue his Lady Love. He tackles Pusnuts Austin, and they wrassle over the gun, which OF COURSE goes off while the GC 5-0 burst through the door, late as always. Except instead of doing us all a favour and hitting Strippergram "You're under arrest, Sugar" Boretney, it fucking hits PAUL. Paul hits the floor like he just ate Crocket's cooking.

Sigh.

Seeing as his liver is damaged (seriously, as Stench lets us know, while wearing an unsullied OR smock, no less), and he'll no doubt need a donor, and because of his guilt at not listening to Paul and the rest of the GCPD who told him, "DON'T DO IT! LET US HANDLE IT!" and then blamed his stupid ass for this debacle (which is accurate), JFP's Favourite Wooden Pet, SB, the Inimitable Dullard, will offer up some liver in reparation. Or maybe they'll recruit an Abbott as a donor. They seem to keep them around for spare parts every time someone needs a transplant!

You don't think Ian Ward might not enjoy that liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti?

Edited by pearlite