Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Okay, was Devon wearing a grey suit jacket when he was at Neil and Hilary's apartment, and then a black jacket when he was talking to Cane and Lily at the club, and then back to a grey jacket again upstairs in his room? Or am I seeing things?

• Love 1

I'm not going to watch at all. Just reading about it was making me angry so I'm not going to put myself through that. I'm taking another break from this show. I lasted two months at least and I got to see JH as Adam which is one of the reasons I came back. He did not disappoint and was even better than I thought he would be. I'm going to miss all the funny and snarky comments from all you extremely talented and clever posters. I'll check in on the boards to see what Pratt's disaster is going to be and see who gets killed off. Or maybe I'll just look at the soap opera mags when I'm in line at the supermarket. I just can't with this show anymore. Don't even want to read about it.

I will miss your comments, if I am here myself.  Like Gigi, I wish you some peace and there is none to be had with this show.  I keep remembering the tweet Sharon Case made, promising that we were going to like what was coming up.  Maybe she was referring to the time leading up to the blotched wedding - if not, I don't know when we are going to like what's coming up. I am still trying to make up my mind about skipping out for a while, too.  I have enjoyed your comments, and hope you will be back to make more, sooner than later.

• Love 3

LOL, spoilers for tomorrows Canadian show...Victor tells Nikki that Phyllis is moving in with them...I think we are going to get PHICTOR!!!!!!

Edited to add...Nick had to call Sharon to calm Faith down, she woke up screaming about a monster under her bed..Nick couldn't calm her...Sharon arrived and did an awesome job of making the monster into a funny creature whose feet were cold and he needed slippers and he loved cookies and before Nick's eyes he saw Faith wanting to comfort the funny monster and fall asleep in her mothers arms..Sharon was just about to burn all the family pictures in the fireplace when Nick called..

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 9

Canadian, if we get "Phictor", I'll eat my own socks, I swear.

Today's ending gave me The Highest of Hopes. However, accompanied by the preview for tomorrow's show, I am curious about what's really going on. From the look of things, Neil gets his sight back on his own and sees Hilary and Devon in bed together at the club. However, Cane is seen in the preview warning Devon about effing up his family.

I have the feeling that Neil is going to play blind for a while. Perhaps he's concerned about his eyes deceiving him. On one hand I want him to get on with his meltdown. On the other, Hilary and Devon deserve to sweat a little.

Edited by C76
  • Love 8

I do enjoy the humorous potential of Phyllis at Victor's -- she deserves him. But WHY is she so mad at Jack???? And why would she turn to Victor/????? She knows Victor tricked her kids to give her some crazy drug to find out Sharon's SECRET. Victor doesn't give a shit about her. She can't go live with Avery or Summer? This is really stupid on the level of character. 

I'm feeling hammered with both Sharon and Jack getting "bested" by Newmans again. I am not enjoying this shit at all.

• Love 6

Yes patsy, plus phyl is very angry with jack.

LOL often, when phyl is angry, she will go find a dumpster to get relief, but at least now, she just has to look down the hall from her room. I am sure victor will help her out..

This is so disgusting I can't even go there.  No different than any other woman having to do love scenes with this old geezer - she should get lots of money for this shit.  I just want to see him in a rocking chair watching TV - in fact, I really don't want to see him at all.  I still can't believe Sharon Case survived it without therapy.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 7

Today's show put a huge smile on my face.  Neil KNOWS, and he isn't telling his so-called family that he can see. Yet.

Bwahahaha!

All I want is for him to humiliate his son and wife. Preferably in public. Maybe there'll be a Valentine's Day party at The Athletic Club. :)

Edited by C76
  • Love 9

Seeing Neil and Drinki at the questionable edge of town bar, made me super happy.  This is soapy.  I loved the scenes between them.  And, I am going to predict, these two will fall into bed drunkenly, at some point in the near future.  And why not?  Get loaded and get your groove on.

I don't agree with the concept that other people make you drink, but I do get the concept that some serious stress would push you over the edge.  But for Drinki, I cannot accept this.  She knows she is in an abusive relationship Pricktor and always has been.  Just leave the prick, and have a great life.

Re Paul and Cricket today, I don't know why I don't hate her like the rest of the free world--wait, maybe I do know, cause she is after Phyllis!  But I am liking these two right now. No question that baby will be dead before they are pushing it in a stroller in the summer, as Paul wanted Cricket envision.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 5

Neil and Nikki are getting hammered together at a bar. He tells her about seeing Hilary with Devon. Nikki is angry because Victor has invited Phyllis to stay with them for a while. This has SO much potential !

FINALLY there was a funny scene.. the potential for these 2 drunks is huge.. HUGE,, I really hope Neil makes those 2 swamprats PAY

LOL often, when phyl is angry, she will go find a dumpster to get relief

OFTEN? I thought she only banged Deacon once on the ole dumpster.. did I miss more times? LMAO

But WHY is she so mad at Jack????

I would be furious if my man deceived me like Jack did and then set me up to be thrown in the nuthouse.. I love that she is getting Vic's help. I just wish she would tell that loser Jack to fuck off once and for all.

I'm feeling hammered with both Sharon and Jack getting "bested" by Newmans again. I am not enjoying this shit at all.

LOL there is something for everyone .. I am finally loving the show right now. I love both of these losers LOSING again and again.

I am excited about a possible Phictor coupling...that would be a root....Phyllis had better be aware, she will be used and cast aside like a bad stench, when Victor gets what he wants from her...I see better things ahead for Sharon, there was definitely a big change made in what was intended by the former writers in the custody outcome, CP definitely changed that, I think in order for his next storyline for Sharon to play out, she had to lose Faith for now, but Nick will not be the winner for long...

• Love 3

Seeing Neil and Drinki at the questionable edge of town bar, made me super happy.  This is soapy.  I loved the scenes between them.  And, I am going to predict, these two will fall into bed drunkenly, at some point in the near future.  And why not?  Get loaded and get your groove on.

Oh I hope so.. this is soapy gold.

• Love 1

Seeing Neil and Drinki at the questionable edge of town bar, made me super happy.  This is soapy.  I loved the scenes between them.  And, I am going to predict, these two will fall into bed drunkenly, at some point in the near future.  And why not?  Get loaded and get your groove on.

I'm all for that...Drinki as certainly climbed into bed with less desirables than Neil..

• Love 4
Seeing Neil and Drinki at the questionable edge of town bar, made me super happy.  This is soapy.  I loved the scenes between them.  And, I am going to predict, these two will fall into bed drunkenly, at some point in the near future.  And why not?  Get loaded and get your groove on.

I think this might be the best direction the Neil character has taken since the Dru days. He's terrible as sucky whiny drunk -- he's just not a good enough actor for that IMO. But as pissy vengeful I don't give a shit drunk? I think he did a great job. He played the scenes where he knew but pretended not to know very well and the drinking buddies stuff is gold. Soooo much potential with that. And he's pretending not to see??? Love it. I hope the Valentine's Day crash doesn't make him all sappy again. I want him to kick that douche Devon's ass and I want him to sleep with Nikki.

I just watched the episode (had only read recaps).

Victor being all sweet to Phyllis was comedic. Jack's "Oh for God's sake" when Victor asked if Phyllis would be "okay" with Jack made me lol.

The Jack-Phyllis stuff was better than I thought it would be. She's angry with him for falling in love with another woman while she was fighting to get back to him. I buy this. I still think it's absurd she's at Victor's but I get her anger at Jack. My poor sweet Jack. Phyllis has cheated on him twice and kicked him in the balls many, many times but how *dare* he fall in love and be happy when he thought she was effectively dead.

But that's Phyllis for you. I hope she suffers the fate of having to sleep with Victor.

And Kelly talking to Phyllis's shrink. Hmmm

Edited by miamama
  • Love 8

Today was the episode I have been waiting for!  Neil gets his vision back and the first thing he sees is his son boinking his wife!  Fantastic, and it was thanks to Cane who actually set it up.  Cane couldn't have known that Neil's sight would come back at that moment.  I have never liked Cane until today.

Yes, Friday's CDN opened with the Soap Trope of my Dreams! And, yes, Cane, who defies understanding, finally put his genetic ethics-free heritage to good use!

Actually, for me, Friday's episode was one of the best in a while--the scales falling from Neil's eyes; Phyllis, Victor, and Nikki [looking surprisingly well dressed--thanks to whomever] in a stew; Nikki taking off for some out-of-the-house drinking...

That would have been enough. I don't ask for much. But.

Neil and Nikki in the lowdown Bar of No Return getting their drink on! Yes, says Neil, I can see perfectly well, and look where it got me. Another one, bartender, and one for the little lady while you're at it.  And then maybe the only good music cue I've heard on Y & R in forever, "Cigarettes and Coffee"! Classic R & B, but not the Otis Redding version--now, I want to know whose version it was. So, here's to alcoholism--peps up the show to no end!

• Love 11

pearlite,  I concur with your thoughts on Fri's ep., I too found it to be one of the best in a while. The last few weeks have been a racing rollercoaster of herkyjerky editing, abrupt changes in navigation and shifting of directions, no doubt due to Pratt presence at the helm, but changes are definately afoot and things are happening.  Both in front of and (I suspect) behind the cameras - it is wonderfully positive, necessary and long overdue.

It was most definitely a breath of stale pub air to see Nik and Neil leaping off the wagon together, releasing their wellspring of tears and hurt through the lubricating flow of alcohol. It felt real and I luvved it.  Similarly, the ridiculous court scenes and verdict, it was insulting, infuriating utter nonsense that felt like swallowing down a handful of burrs with a chaser of sand, but Sharon's pain was beautifully portrayed. It felt heartbreakingly real and I luvved that too. Rare as these moments are on Y&R, they are the element of the show that are my occasional jackpot payout for all the hours spent feeding hour-coins into this program. 

I am not fond of many things with the show at present, but historically I never have been - just as in real life, I take the rough with the smooth and enjoy surfing the perfect wave that is the middling balance. There is enough for me to be positive about at the moment between the events of last week and the previews for the upcoming disaster - looks like I'll be purchasing another weeks worth of viewing tokens - sigh.

• Love 8

I am excited about a possible Phictor coupling...that would be a root....Phyllis had better be aware, she will be used and cast aside like a bad stench, when Victor gets what he wants from her...I see better things ahead for Sharon, there was definitely a big change made in what was intended by the former writers in the custody outcome, CP definitely changed that, I think in order for his next storyline for Sharon to play out, she had to lose Faith for now, but Nick will not be the winner for long...

I have always thought that they should have put Phyllis and Victor together although I think it would have been more fun to watch if MS were still playing the part.  Phyllis and Nick would spend so much time trying to kill each other that the rest of GC would be safe from both of the.

• Love 6

OFTEN? I thought she only banged Deacon once on the ole dumpster.. did I miss more times? LMAO

I only remember once, too - maybe I wasn't watching closely enough - Phyllis was hard to keep up with.  lol

Edited by movinon
  • Love 1

Wow, Dylan sure likes punching people.

I am not totally up to date on this building inspector guy but if Nick is relying on a young "bartender" to be managing his business, he is in big trouble.

Sage and Adam are pretty shitty at this con they have going.  I wish they had made some effort to be serious and realistic about it.  Won't this be a major crime they have committed if they are found out?

• Love 3
So has Austin been sneaking around behind Dummer's back this whole time?

It would've been difficult for him to manage that given how Dummer's been following him around all the time.  Then again, maybe Austin and Mariah have been sneaking around together the entire time.

Did my eyes deceive me, or was there a sparkette of chemistry between Dylan and Sharon?

• Love 2

So has Austin been sneaking around behind Dummer's back this whole time?

But that's Phyllis for you. I hope she suffers the fate of having to sleep with Victor.

LOL, if CP makes that happen, he will be my hero forever..I am so hoping for Phictor...what a pair of miserable detestable creatures that would make...they would eventually end up killing each other..my dream come true..

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 5

LOL, if CP makes that happen, he will be my hero forever..I am so hoping for rPhictor...what a pair of miserable detestable creatures that would make...they would eventually end up killing each other..my dream come true..

I always wanted Phictor when MS was Phyllis because she always sashshayed around like the sexiest woman that ever sexed. But I like GT and loathe EB and would hate for her to be put through that disgusting ordeal of a fate worse than death.

MS would be so much better and I would enjoy it so much more to see her with a man even older than Jack who she dissed as too old for her!

She dictated what she wanted and the last two regimes before JFP seemed to cater to her all the time. She stated she preferred the young guys.Watching her with Victurd would be sweet payback.. Lol

• Love 5

Sage and Adam are pretty shitty at this con they have going.  I wish they had made some effort to be serious and realistic about it.  Won't this be a major crime they have committed if they are found out?

This is why I wanted Sage to turn out to be Skye.  Adam and Skye could pull off the business end details despite any emotional involvements.  I'm pretty unclear as to why Sage is even pursuing this.  From here all I see her gaining  is a little more inheritance than she probably would have gotten from Constance.  Really not worth it, since identity theft, abetting same and spending/selling what isn't yours are felonies and at the very least, you lose all you stole and get to think about it in prison.  I get why she may have come up with the idea to make Adam into Gabe (I really can't buy that a guy who was in a car crash, burned and in the hurt locker thought up this plan and talked her into it).  There may have been a lot more money for her and I do think she had that Sabrina thing going loving-the-rich-guy crush.  But seeing how Adam is acting now and realizing that she has not created original Gabe has to send some major 'danger, Will Robinson' warning signals to her brain.  Instead, she is pursuing Nick and snarking /pissing off Adam.  She's going to get thrown to the wolves when this all goes south-which is ok by me, cause I'm not liking either the character or the actress.  Step onto the plane, please.

• Love 4

This is why I wanted Sage to turn out to be Skye.  Adam and Skye could pull off the business end details despite any emotional involvements.  I'm pretty unclear as to why Sage is even pursuing this.  From here all I see her gaining  is a little more inheritance than she probably would have gotten from Constance.  Really not worth it, since identity theft, abetting same and spending/selling what isn't yours are felonies and at the very least, you lose all you stole and get to think about it in prison.  I get why she may have come up with the idea to make Adam into Gabe (I really can't buy that a guy who was in a car crash, burned and in the hurt locker thought up this plan and talked her into it).  There may have been a lot more money for her and I do think she had that Sabrina thing going loving-the-rich-guy crush.  But seeing how Adam is acting now and realizing that she has not created original Gabe has to send some major 'danger, Will Robinson' warning signals to her brain.  Instead, she is pursuing Nick and snarking /pissing off Adam.  She's going to get thrown to the wolves when this all goes south-which is ok by me, cause I'm not liking either the character or the actress.  Step onto the plane, please.

I think that Sage's endgame is just to have Adam become Gabe and run off into the sunset together.  I think that she's talking to Nick because she knows about Adam's issues with him, and is hoping to make Adam jealous; and, she's taunting Adam about Billy/Chelsea to discourage him so that he ultimately gives up on reclaiming his life as Adam and becomes her Gabriel.

• Love 4
I missed the end of today's show, is something up with Asstin and Mariah?

At the end of the episode, Austin was texting an unknown person asking if they were still awake and making plans to meet.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 3

At the end of the episode, Austin was texting an unknown person asking if they were still await and making plans to meet.

Oh, huh.  I thought I might have missed Austin and Mariah yukking it up as they made out and laughed a what stupid twit Dummer is.  Now that would be entertaining.

• Love 8

Ah, just you wait, US readers!

Our Dream Nikki is in action! "You just carry on, I'm going for massage." Uh huh--that'd be at a Russian spa...where wodka is on tap? (TO ref there--Russian massage parlours).

My Y & R Buddy said, "That's an interesting massage parlour."

More goodies from today's show:

"If I'm honest with you, which I always am..." - Neil to Hilary. As she continues to lie through her teeth, Neil keeps up his own charade. I love it, yet I'm disgusted...By Hilary and Devon. I can't wait to see what happens.

"Oh, look...Sissie." - Nikki to Phyllis, announcing Avery's arrival. She is pissed off, and I am loving it!

Meanwhile, bit by bit, Kelly keeps revealing herself. But Victor's visit to her was weird. I think that he knows that she's nuts, and he's going to play her like a violin. (That theory wasn't revealed today. It's just my own idea.)

Edited by C76
  • Love 5

So much fun today!  I can't believe it, but I am loving Neil.  Now they have Hevon being completely obvious in front of the blind man--ha ha!  This is like one of those old melodramas or film noirs, love it!  Once again, loving Drinki and Neil.  My fave part of the show these days.

Kelly askiing Pricktor if he has a thing with Phyllis?!  Foreshadowing.  Kelly seems to be a bit more cray cray every day.  She better turn out to be Delia's killer.

I don't get why Ashley has to grovel and have some big success to be entitled to be idiot Jack's co-CEO.  And frankly, why does she even want to be that?  She could be an SVP or EVP and that would essentially be the same.  

• Love 5

I wonder if there's some 3:1 ratio of blah to good episodes...yesterday's was just fine--zippy, well-paced, with some good character writing. I suspect today's may disappoint.

Nikki's turnaround was delicious, and MTS played it like she was relieved to be there, for a change. And, as an Ashley fan, I enjoy seeing her working toward a turn away from her divided loyalties, where Victor's concerned--just put on a red dress and stalk into his office, Ashley. Then, for snicks, watch GT/Phyllis play somewhat confused as various parties plant doubts re Victor's supposed selfless support . And Neil must be sharing that relief with MTS, where his writing is concerned--serve up that dramatic irony, Mr. Winters, and keep your eyes on Hilary, 'cause it's fun! Then...Krazyass Kelly starts leaking like a punctured hose...putting out some genuinely weird shit in front of Lily and Avery, who got to do a reaction shot...

I did have to hold my nose during Lily and Cane's replay of "It'll be great to get away--you need a break from the kids..."/romantic weekend crap. 1. What kids? 2. Are both of you on hormone-replacement medication? OTOH, I think Cane misunderstood the instructions on the can of mink oil for use on his winter boots. He put it on his head. Ah well.

Anyone getting a Stefano DiMera/International Man of Mystery vibe off Victor's current tendency to pop up anywhere, especially in doorways, like Nosferatu? Somehow I get an image of the interior of a washroom stall, where Jack or someone stands up from the toilet, starts to open the door, and guess who's there?

• Love 9

Neil is like a totally different guy right now and I am impressed with how KSJ is handling this. How he is able to keep acting as if he is in the dark both figuratively and literally when all he wants to do is strangle "Hevon" with his bare hands or beat someone over the head with his cane is interesting to watch. I haven't been so involved with the Winters s/l in ages. The plane crash is going to seem like a kids' playdate compared to the wrath of Neil and I'm all for it! *popcorn*

I think Jack needs a doorknocker on his house that will magically transform into Victurd's face a lá Scrooge. Completely creepy!

• Love 9

Maybe KSJ hated that whole blind storyline and deliberately played it campy??  It is like he is coming alive now and I am enjoying his pretend game and his anger! So glad he is not making excuses for "my beautiful wife"  and Hilary is rolling her eyes when Neil enters a room, now he can see her revulsion.  Payback will be a bitch! 

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 9