Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, Alexandra West is dead, and has the same SS# as the Alexandra West with the bank account. Chelz, with a look of surprise on her face, says, I didn't even know that kind of thing was possible.  Hah!  He confirms they cannot find AW unless the go to the cops, and that they have enough evidence to get the cops involved and Chelz talks them out of it saying that it will lead to copycats thieves, and JT kind of agrees with her.

ChelseaCon is indeed rusty. She refers back to her con days, and then says she has no idea that someone can use the SS number of a dead person to steal that person's identity. Everyone knows that, ChelseaCon. I like that Phyllis had a suspicious look on her face when Chels was giving all the reasons not to call the police. And how stupid of her to tell Nick that she wanted to contact the police but Lauren didn't. Ask if Nick might never talk to JT, Phyll or Lauren about it. There was no reason to lie to Nick, she could have easily given him the same reasons she gave to the others. 

It has been obvious for awhile that ChelseaCon was going to make a reappearance. When she told Hillary that people don't change in reference to Hillary, it was obvious that it would come to mean that Chels hadn't changed either. I just wish she would take Hillary with her when she goes.

Speaking of cons, why is Tessa homeless? She lived with Nikki rent free when she first came to town, then with Sharon rent free, then moved in with Noah who I doubt was hitting her up for rent/grocery money considering he is a Newman and she was his girlfriend. And she is still working for billionaire Devon, just not as a musician. I have no idea why that qualifies her for low income housing. Where is Ashley living now? Maybe she could use an apartment as well.  

• Love 7

A Dina sighting!  She face-timed with the Abbotts.  But didn't recognize Tracy and thought they were all in the same time zone.  Tracy broke down and told Jack and Ash that they are both jerks.  Then Ash talked one on one with Tracy, who told her to fix things with Jack, but she says she cannot.  Jack talks to Billy and admits he made everything worse with Abbott blood requirement, and Billy says he can fix it by changing the rule.

But the big news is Phyllis tries to entrap Chelz, and when that doesn't work, returns to confront her in front of Nick, who possibly seems unsure of Chelz.  Phyllis straight up accuses her of stealing from Fenmores.  Chelz denies it as a ridiculous charge, but the seeds of doubt are planted plus Chelz is rattled.  Phyllis leaves and grins a satisfied grin to herself.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Beth Maitland was gold. Traci’s heartbreak was visceral. 

Not only is Beth Maitland pretty much one of the best performers on the show, but hair and make-up finally decided to treat her decently! Lord, I wish they'd keep her on more often.

• Love 14

almost but not quite patsy....

mal's not bound and determined to trash sharon then kill her off cause no one likes her....major rolleyes

at least not yet, but then hopefully the same thing would happen to him as happened to mab.  she got fired.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, pearlite said:

Not only is Beth Maitland pretty much one of the best performers on the show, but hair and make-up finally decided to treat her decently! Lord, I wish they'd keep her on more often.

I love Tracey, but the poor woman is treated so badly by the show. Her only daughter is killed off, she and her hubby divorce, she has Jack, Ashley and Billy for sibs and now her mother doesn't remember her. She really deserves some happiness in her life!

I don't mind Phyll being the one to expose ChelzCon, if that gets her out of my life sooner. I like that she confronted Chelz in front of Nick.

I really hope the show is not going to revisit a Mariah/Tessa pairing. That ship has sailed, and Mariah deserves so much better. I would love it if Y&R cleaned house and got rid of Chelz, Tessa and Hillary in one swoop. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 8

Phyllis is on the case!  She lures Jordan(!) back to GC with a fake job offer, and then her accomplice Hilary threatens Jordan with arrest if he does not comply and answer Phyllis' questions about Chelz.  He gives them one nugget, that Chelz used to pull scams with fake SS#s.  That's seals it for Phyllis.  Hilary and Jordan talk about her efforts to get pregnant and he points out the donors lie at those sperm banks and that she doesn't know whose swimmers she's got. Hah!

JT invites Philly and Chick for dinner (with an hour's notice!) but doesn't bother to tell either couple that the other is attending.  Jordan gives Hilary the heads up about Phyllis and she rushes to see him at CL.  Jordan says he remembers Alexandra West was on of her aliases.  Nick arrives and Chelz covers and says she just bumped into Jordan and reveals that Phyllis had interrogated Jordan about her.  And she is outraged that Phyllis is doing this to her.

Everyone arrives at dinner and the menfolk tell the womenfolk to play nice.  Phyllis cannot resist and she takes a dig at Chelz about her past, and Chelz takes the bait and goes off on Phyllis.  The evening is cut short.  JT and Vic seem relieved, and he tells her he will take the job at Newman.

At this point Billy is supporting Phyllis even though he is skeptical, and Nick is supporting Chelz, even if he is uneasy.  Chelz gets a threatening text telling her she won't get away with it.

At Newman, earlier in that day, Ash is talking to Lily about some work she wants her to do for BS.  Vic walks in and says Lily won't have time for that because she needs her on the Dare campaign.  She says as COO, her needs supersede Ash's.  Then Vic whines to her dad that Ash is vying for her job.  Cause she pretty much told her she is.  Prick coos some creepy words and tells her not to worry.  Drinki bumps into Lily, of all people, and Lily randomly decides to tell Drinki about the Ash/Vic wars, and wants her to talk to Prick about it.  Really?  Ash has been on the job five minutes and Lily is already crumbling under the pressure and getting involved where she absolutely shouldn't be.  And why the heck would Drinki even stop to say hello to her, let alone take up the cause for her with Prick?  But she does, and Prick says he is well aware and that Vic does a better job when she has some nasty bitch nipping at her heels.  He also says, that Vic is guaranteed the CEO job, meaning that Ash could get it.

Having been advised by Billy(!), Jack decides to make things right with Ash.  He brings all of her accomplishments and awards and makes a display at the house.  She arrives and sees it and they have some touching moments.  He admits that he was wrong, he went too far and he wants her to come back.  He tells her he will get rid of the blood Abbott rule.  Ash is touched and grateful, and says she can forgive him but can no longer trust him so she won't return to Jabot.  Okay, so that means she trusts Prick?  Hmmm...

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I really hope the show is not going to revisit a Mariah/Tessa pairing. That ship has sailed, and Mariah deserves so much better. I would love it if Y&R cleaned house and got rid of Chelz, Tessa and Hillary in one swoop. 

I couldn't agree more!  I see Tessa as a big user, and Mariah doesn't deserve that. Pair her with someone new and hot. 

• Love 7

I didn't catch the whole show, but we learned that it is not Phyllis who has texted her multiple times that her time is up and she is going to get caught, or words to that effect.  We also learn in a Chelz monologue that she is doing all of this because she is afraid Pricktor will turn on her and reveal the truth about Christian, so I guess her plan is to get the heck out of Dodge. Not sure where that leaves Christian though.  And doesn't she think that Prick would hunt her down if she takes Connor with her?

If we compare crimes committed, this one certainly doesn't stack up to Phyllis' crimes, or even Sharon's, as she herself said.  But most importantly it is light years away from the crimes that Pricktor has committed.  So I think it is a lame exit storyline from that perspective.  Half or more of GC would be in jail if anyone had to pay for their crimes.

Edited by bannana
grammar
  • Love 13

I’m all for Chelz leaving this show but couldn’t the writers come up with some kind of reasonable, credible story to get rid of her? This is all so unbelievable. Not that all of the story lines aren’t but this just takes the cake. At some point, the writers will come up with some way to kill everyone in GC in one fell swoop. The end. RIP Y&R.

• Love 7
On 2/6/2018 at 7:02 PM, bannana said:

Jack decides to make things right with Ash.  He brings all of her accomplishments and awards and makes a display at the house.  She arrives and sees it and they have some touching moments.  He admits that he was wrong, he went too far and he wants her to come back.  He tells her he will get rid of the blood Abbott rule.  Ash is touched and grateful, and says she can forgive him but can no longer trust him so she won't return to Jabot.  Okay, so that means she trusts Prick?

And that also means that Jack should trust her?  The woman who called board meetings without Jack to get him tossed as CEO?  I'm not surprised, though, that Jack apologized.  Somebody had to be the bigger person for the sake of the family, and Ashley is too caught up in her own victimhood and self-importance for that.

• Love 15

I want to hit my head against a wall every time the subject of Tessa getting a low income housing apartment is brought up. I know Nick is a Newman, and may not realize that what may be low income for him is actually a middle class income for many others. Does he really think that besides Tessa living off his mother, Sharon and Noah since she came to town, that being the exec assistant to billionaire Devon pays wages that would  qualify her as low income? Grrrrrr.

Hillary should be worried about who her baby sperm came from. A couple of years ago there was a case where a man who had been donating sperm over a 14 year period and fathered 36 children was not the brilliant, accomplished and highly educated man he claimed to be. Rather he was a college dropout, had served time, and had both schizophrenia and borderline personality disorder. The reason I remember the case is that my sis in law's niece and her same sex partner had used a U.S. sperm bank to conceive their child, and I thought how devastating it would be to find your donor was not at all who/what he pretended to be. The parents of the 36 kids he did father were understandably worried that their child may inherit his mental illness(s).  

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7

i believe there was also a story about a doctor at one of those sperm clinics that used his own sperm for the donations...

memory on it is hazy tho....

ETA:  i just google searched for the story and i was surprised how many different stories came up about several doctors doing it....i think one of them went back about 40 yrs..

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 3

fathered 36 children was not the brilliant, accomplished and highly educated man he claimed to be. Rather he was a college dropout, had served time, and had both schizophrenia and borderline personality disorder. 

You say that like it's a negative thing.

• Love 3

Hmm, I occasionally woke up during yesterday's CDN...although often it was to startle the cats by mumbling, "Shut the hell up, Hilary." Chelsea could be used as a sleep aid, so snoozies are justifiable there, and Sharon, Paragon of Common Sense, Compassion, and Sage Advice also channels Morpheus for me--put her and Chelsea together, and zzzzzzzzz.

OTOH, did everyone catch THE MEANINGFUL GLANCE by JT when he and Victoria [sporting a cut-down bordello curtain] were reciting parts of the marriage vows? Once they hit the "til death do us part" line, cut to JT's MEANINGFUL GLANCE. DunDunDunDun...

• Love 7
On 2/9/2018 at 8:08 AM, pearlite said:

Hmm, I occasionally woke up during yesterday's CDN...although often it was to startle the cats by mumbling, "Shut the hell up, Hilary." Chelsea could be used as a sleep aid, so snoozies are justifiable there, and Sharon, Paragon of Common Sense, Compassion, and Sage Advice also channels Morpheus for me--put her and Chelsea together, and zzzzzzzzz.

OTOH, did everyone catch THE MEANINGFUL GLANCE by JT when he and Victoria [sporting a cut-down bordello curtain] were reciting parts of the marriage vows? Once they hit the "til death do us part" line, cut to JT's MEANINGFUL GLANCE. DunDunDunDun...

Yep, I'd say JT will last right up to the 13 week contract renewal.  Then it'll be Victoria in Morticia Addams black, an out of control Reed, Ashley doing a repeat of her board room ambush with Vic as the target this time, Victor dropping his dentures as he drools with glee, ButtBiscuit in a funeral speedo, white tennies and veil "comforting" the widow woman with offers of his swizzle stick, topped off by Phyllis spinning out of control with jealousy, with interludes including Lane couch sex, Hillary baby rabies and Nick gazing disconsolately at a jar full of Ol' Hammertoe's toenail clippings.

Good times, folks, good times!

Edited by boes
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, bc1795 said:

You say that like it's a negative thing.

I would think many who have dealt with mental illnesses, either personally or via family and friends (the real ones, not the contrived soap opera variety) would consider it a negative thing. 

• Love 1

I'm down to figuring it was a good episode if I get Gloria and Tracy. Judith Chapman nearly always looks fantastic! And she just stepped right in there on Phyllis and Lauren, making them both look low-rent.

Okay, I guess I noticed the lighting in the JT and Victoria office-couch chat scenes; it was nicely done, non-standard soap lighting.

And at least there was no insperminator chat...

• Love 7

I hadn't watched all week and finally marathoned all the episodes earlier today. I loved that they showed a clip of JT and Colleen, especially since they used my favourite Colleen. It was nice of show to finally acknowledge Colleen's birthday and Tracy and Jt had a really nice scene together. I'd like to see them interact more together.

• Love 9

I only skim watched today, and it was plenty nauseating:

• Lane renewed their wedding vows with their happy little family. I ff'ed through all that.
  • There is a Valentine's Day party at TOTT, that would put most people into a coma.  Prick and Drinki are there, just for show, and then split up and go their separate ways.  I guess we can assume Drinki heads over to meet Arturo.
  • Devon is dating his new singer, but only tells Hil that after he asks her to dance, thus crushing her hopes right there on the dance floor.
  • Billy and Phyllis do this weird dance about their relationship and marriage, and then when they finally give each other their gifts, he gets an expensive watch and she gets keys to a red sports car.  I think she looked a little disappointed afterwards but during said things about how great their relationship is.
  • When JT and Vic arrive, they are luvvy duvvy, drinking champagne, dancing.  Then Prick asks her to speak on a biz matter, and she promises she will only be two minutes.  He is not impressed but she does make it back to him in two minutes.  Then she sends an email to someone about whatever Prick said to her.  JT gets annoyed. Doesn't Vic know that she should do that in the ladies room while pretending to powder her nose? Next, when Vic is sitting alone at one point, Billy asks her to dance.  When JT returns, he sees them and is now really pissed.  When he joins her at the table, she wants more champagne but he pissily says he sent it away and wants to go home.  She says his boss says he can sleep in tomorrow, with her.  He's not amused and tells her she can stay if she wants.  She goes with him, befuddled.  At home she apologizes for doing three minutes of business, but he lashes out at her regarding Billy.  JT thinks he is her second choice and place holder until Billy is available again.  Vic is actually very unlike herself and meekly defends herself. He doesn't back down, calls her selfish and other stuff I cannot remember, maybe self-absorbed.  And he stomps out of the house.  What does she see in this guy?  Can we have sailor boy back, please?
  • Chelz and Nick pretend like everything is okay, but Phyllis' presence makes Chelz uneasy.  She says if Nick can't say he trusts her, maybe they should end things.  Wait, didn't they have this convo yesterday?  Nick says he wants to trust her, and that he loves her.  She admits that she has been lying, and then she tells him that Jordan is the culprit who set up the fake website and stole the money.  Oh, Chelz.
  • Love 13

She admits that she has been lying, and then she tells him that Jordan is the culprit who set up the fake website and stole the money.  Oh, Chelz.

Oh, Chelz indeed. What a stupid, needlessly cruel thing to do. Nick will go straight to Phyllis with this and Hillary will make hay unless Devon stops her. And the way he has been trolling her lately, I wouldn't put it past her to sneak it into her show anyway.

• Love 6

Chelz is definitely stupid, but what I cannot get over is the sanctimony of Phyllis and Prick.  Each of these have committed far worse crimes than Chelz.  And yet they threaten her with prison or worse.  Didn't Billy just steal from Jabot?  Didn't Phyllis and Billy do something illegal with that Paragon storyline (so bad, I cannot recall what it was about)?  Didn't Prick just steal a quarter of a billion from his own son?  

Why is Phyllis so determined to bring Chelz down?

• In other news, Noah announces to his family that he is going to work for Newman in Mumbai.
  • Chelz and Nick tell the family they are engaged and they are going adopt each other's son.
  • Billy tries to get Chelz to confide in him but she won't.  Billy confronts Prick about his master plan to bring down Jabot using Ash.
  • Prick threatens Chelz once he learns she is engaged and going to adopt Christian.
  • Phyllis tells Chelz she has the goods on her and says it is a federal crime and she will go to prison unless she breaks it off with Nick.  Chelz tells Phyllis that Nick's heart will really be broken, by another secret that will come out.  Then she finally drops the bomb that Christian is Adam's son.
  • Oh, and something about Hil meeting a guy at the GCAC bar and her sperm donation.  I kind of didn't watch that.
  • And Devon hears the conversation between Hil and Juliet about her sleeping with Cane.  I don't think he heard the part where Hil comes up with sexual harassment idea.
Edited by bannana
  • Love 15

Ugh. Once again this show is being written like different writers are writing this show each day, and paying no attention to what the previous writers have written.

So Phyll is determined to bring ChelseaCon down. Now for the record, I have no problem with this. I have never been a Phyllis fan, but am even less of a ChesleaCon fan, so the sooner she is off my screen, the better. But now all of a sudden that ChesleaCon has conned Nick into giving her an engagement ring, Phyll only cares that she break up with Nick? WFT? She is free to continue to con whoever she comes in contact with? Hell no! 

They really need to put Nick and Sharon back together. Nick has had no chemistry with ChelseaCon, Sage, or Phyll's sister whose name I can't even remember anymore. If for no other sake than Faith's (wherever she may be) please give her a break from the revolving door of her father's love life. 

I don't understand the big deal of what Devon heard on the drive. Who cares anymore? And honestly, how many days will it be before Hillary will find out if she is pregnant? Can't you pretty much tell now within a couple of days after conception? And did they purposely make that guy hitting on her stupid, or did the actor mess up his lines? Instead of saying their babies would be off the charts he said off the something else that made no sense. But really, just let Hill and Devon do the nasty as we know he is going to end up the father of her kid. Ugh. 

• Love 8

At first I thought Sperm Dude was a plant by Devon, but the more I think about it, it would be better if it were by Jordan.  By the way, this whole storyline is atrocious.  Just because you can do something, Hilary, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

• Love 7
On 2/15/2018 at 5:33 PM, NinjaPenguins said:

I think I can answer this one. It's because Phyllis is a giant asshole.

LOL

I hate how Tognoni is playing this storyline  -- mouth pinched,  face all ferretty and nose-forward -- like an angry cartoon mouse chasing a hunk of cheese.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15