Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Billy still getting it from all sides and it is funny. He was needling Victoria about Travis. He bumps into Phyllis and needles her only to be rejected again. Then he sees Victoria again and then needles her some more to be rejected and told his kids love Travis. Then he throws a tantrum and leaves. All I could do was laugh.

Jack is so cold. I love it. He is going after Newman Enterprises. Shall be interesting. Pretty sure Phyllis will figure it out and try to help.

Ashley didn't seem like she was the one who sent the flowers. She looked puzzled. Clearly this Michelle is the ex and she had him shook. Also how weird was it that they made a point in showing us how much about NE that Travis knew. He literally was calling these people by name on the first day. I am thinking he always recognized Victoria and is about to admit that.

Victor seems to be trying to manipulate Victoria into coming back to NE. Seems to be working. She seemed left out watching them.

This Sully SL has got to end. Sharon promising Patty she will get her out in exchange for her silence. Lawd. What could possibly go wrong? And Mariah has been dragged into this nonsense. 

Pratt can't leave soon enough.

• Love 13
58 minutes ago, klopek said:

LoL. That was the line of the day, hands down.  Luvin' Jack at the moment and can only hope it lasts a while.  Having become conditioned by Show to throttle my enjoyment after having the rug pulled out from under my viewing pleasure too many times, I will smoke my cigarette and bask in the afterglow of watching Jaded Jack while he is here. 

He was beautifully brutal. God it was sweet. She complained that he should have called her to let her know she didn't need to rush on that paperwork and he reminded her he doesn't need to do a damn thing for her. He's her boss. lol. 

I'm basking too, Klopek. ;)

And it's true that they could very soon pull the rug out from us. But the lengths that show is going to give us Real and Original but New and Improved Jack are extreme. The clothes and hair and fucking awesome lines that PB hasn't been allowed to deliver in YEARS. The anger, the scheming, the point of view. Phyllis's fawning over Jack and complete indifference to ButtBiscuit. 

59 minutes ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

Billy still getting it from all sides and it is funny. He was needling Victoria about Travis. He bumps into Phyllis and needles her only to be rejected again. Then he sees Victoria again and then needles her some more to be rejected and told his kids love Travis. Then he throws a tantrum and leaves. All I could do was laugh.

All true. And did you see Phyllis goad him? "You're just going to let Victoria live her life while you sit on the sidelines? At least I'm going after what I want." And he got all pissy. I can't stand the sight of him. JT just can't do "hurt man." He only comes across as "whiny little bitch." Even the way he stormed out of the GCAC after Vicki praised Travis. Ew. What WOMAN would want that? Jabot should launch an ad campaign mocking Brash and Sassy and using ButtBiscuit as their poster boy. "What Women Don't Want." Bwa!

• Love 11

In the last eight years since I've actively followed the show, there's always been characters that inexplicably get shit upon by the town. Examples being Sharon and Jack, and while Adam is far from an innocent victim, it didn't help that his biggest detractors were Nick, Phyllis and Victor,  (and it all got old anyway)so he's an honorary addition here.

Likewise, there were horrendous characters that are seen as the show's heroes. Victurd tops that lists, but honorary mentions include Nick, Phyllis the rapist defender and the free pass EVERYONE gave Cane after nearly driving Lily insane and almost getting their children killed.

Billy might be the only character in that time that actually deserves the freezing out that he's getting from just about everyone: Jack obviously, but Ashley has called him on his self destructive behavior, Phyllis barely cares that he exists, and until the plot necessitates otherwise, Victoria has moved on from him, too. This is a thing of beauty. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, klopek said:

LoL. That was the line of the day, hands down.  Luvin' Jack at the moment and can only hope it lasts a while.  Having become conditioned by Show to throttle my enjoyment after having the rug pulled out from under my viewing pleasure too many times, I will smoke my cigarette and bask in the afterglow of watching Jaded Jack while he is here. 

Let me light mine off yours and we'll just sit back, feet up, and watch the fireworks......Finally.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, miamama said:

Continuing to push Phyllis to give up on her plan to salvage her marriage. 

I really don't get what they're doing with Billy and Phyllis right now. He's mocking her for staying near Jack when Billy himself spent MONTHS following Phyllis around in order to convince her to have sex with him and that they're ~real~? And this show is continuing to have Billy disrespect Jack with these scenes? I don't get it. I really don't. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I really don't get what they're doing with Billy and Phyllis right now. He's mocking her for staying near Jack when Billy himself spent MONTHS following Phyllis around in order to convince her to have sex with him and that they're ~real~? And this show is continuing to have Billy disrespect Jack with these scenes? I don't get it. I really don't. 

I think I do get it. I'm seeing a pattern. Billy and Phyllis had a game. They'd be disappointed in Vicki/Jack and go running to each other and whine and fuck. He keeps trying to do it and she rebuffs him, clearly and totally. She's not playing any more and so he is sulks away unable to get "drunk" on their affair.

He's been using the same language with her: "What do you WANT? We were REAL. Jack's not for you (in the past Jack was letting her down and now he's over her). You don't REALLY want Jack. You really WANT something ELSE. Why are you pretending?" In the past it worked. But no more.

As for the failure to acknowledge that he stalked her for months -- that's just bad writing (and rewriting IMO).

But the part I struggle with is why is he such an asshole to Jack still? Why no weeping apology or anything? I'm thinking if he does genuinely apologize to Jack he couldn't keep trying to play these games with Phyllis. Maybe that's it?

But all this aside, the result is Billy continues to come across as an ASSHOLE. An that's a problem. 

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, miamama said:

I'm thinking if he does genuinely apologize to Jack he couldn't keep trying to play these games with Phyllis. Maybe that's it?

This I totally agree with. They could never tease Philly again if Billy genuinely apologized to Jack.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This I totally agree with. They could never tease Philly again if Billy genuinely apologized to Jack.

Which means that for a few cheesy "hot" scenes they continue to OBLITERATE Jack and Billy's relationship??? 

Jack and Billy destroyed forever over...Phyllis.

Bill Bell rolling in his grave.

Today:

So Travis had an affair with his boss's wife. Boss found out, had him blackballed and he was forced to leave Wall Street. 

Ashley knows all this because the wife in question is her friend. And she asks Travis if perhaps Victoria is his way back into the business world.

Yup. They are trashing Travis in a very specific way to make ButtBiscuit seem less vile (not working for me but presumably will for Vicki).

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, miamama said:

Which means that for a few cheesy "hot" scenes they continue to OBLITERATE Jack and Billy's relationship??? 

It upsets me so much. Especially bc I have ALWAYS hated Phyllis. And to have my Billy/Jack relationship destroyed for her makes me want to figuratively CRY.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It upsets me so much. Especially bc I have ALWAYS hated Phyllis. And to have my Billy/Jack relationship destroyed for her makes me want to figuratively CRY.

I don't hate Phyllis -- except sometimes -- and even I can see how absurd this is. She is not the woman the Abbotts would break over. Nope. No way. No how. She is an untrustworthy psycho schemer that all the Abbotts barely tolerated ONLY because Jack loves her. That's it. That was always the narrative and it played out for DECADES. Billy Abbott would not sacrifice Jack for HER.

They are putting so much effort into Phack and zero for Billy and Jack. It's really dreadful. I would think Sussman/Alden would want to rectify this.

Even if you don't care about the Abbotts and their relationships, Billy is a jackass for this. Even his supporters have to acknowledge his treatment of Jack is inexplicable and cruel.

It speaks to how much Philly is a story created in a bubble -- no respect for history, character, nothing.

• Love 14

I confess, I haven’t really been watching, mostly FF’ing and reading your great comments.  So this will be interesting for me.

Travis and Ash are in the PARK and he is basically accusing her of sending him flowers from someone named Michelle.  Ash says she didn’t do it, she doesn’t play games; she is a straight shooter.   It turns out Ash is friends with Michelle, who is Travis’ ex-fling.  Ash called Michelle to tell her Travis is working at Newman.  Travis wants to know why that would matter, and Ash says she is concerned because he is involved with Jack’s ex, and Billy’s children.  And he is not being honest about why he left NYC and Wall Street.  Rut roh, I sense a change in direction for my cutie sailor boy/bartender.  Meanwhile Victoria, who is quite a disappointment in the feminist category, is meeting with her mother Drinki, the biggest disappointment, in fact, just accept it, she is now Stepford Drinki.  They are talking about Travis working at Newman.  Drinki is having a somewhat better day, in a nice purple (I know there is a better word for this shade of purple, but I don’t have it) cardigan over a floral print.  She doesn’t look quite so Mrs. Wiggams as she usually does.  Idiot Victoria is kvetching about whether Prick has an agenda with Travis.  Seriously?  Sigh.  The conversation with Vic and Drinki was actually pretty good, and maybe this MY’s influence.  More actual real family convo, or at least close to it.  They plan to have a family dinner with Prick and Travis at the Top of the Tower.

Prick is in his office giving Abby marital advice.  I really didn’t watch these sections too closely.  I actually forgot he was her father for a second and thought he was her grandfather at first.  Abby has realized that her marriage to Stench sucks.  Prick advises her.  She goes to meet with Stench and they end up at the Top of the Tower restaurant, which is where Prick/Drinki/Vic/Travis are also having dinner.  But Prick tells his group that Abby needs to spend some alone time with Stench.

Over in the crazy bug-eyed world of Sharon and Mariah, some kind of a plot/deception is happening with a phone, which I presume is the phone the fabulous Patti called Sharon with from the maximum security facility she in?  Mariah is somewhere cheezy (Travis’ bar?) and she has the phone and Kevin catches her, but doesn’t really realize what is going on.  Neither do because I haven’t really watched this week yet.  Mariah drops her phone on the floor and the server picks it up and returns it to her.  This is a bar where they have those glass pear shaped candles, like from the sixties.  She tells Kev that she is waiting for a date.  In the meantime he tells her the phone needs to be on for the cops to triangulate it and find it. She rushes out.  Kev questions the bartender about a plumber and his phone and finds out he no longer is around, but the server tells Kev that Mariah just about left her phone behind.  Rut roh.

Meanwhile, Patti is painting up a storm, and I had visions of babies and kidnapping and murder being on the canvas.  I couldn’t wait.  Stay tuned till the end of this recap, I was so wrong.  Her attendant at this facility is a lovely man who encourages her painting.  So nice, that they didn’t give us a stereotypical horrible attendant.   My heart wants to think that there are good people taking care of people in places like this.  BTW, I am pretty sure Patti is pretending to still be cray-cray, so she doesn’t have to go to trial for murder.

Ash tells Travis that she knows he was sleeping with his boss’s wife and wonders if that is why he was tossed out of Wall Street; and she suggests that he is trying to get back in by sleeping with the boss’s daughter.  Ouch!

Abby and Stench’s conversation doesn’t go that well, although Stench doesn’t probably get it.  It’s pretty clear she doesn’t love him and maybe never has.  He tells her he knew the moment she was it for him, and she told him her moment was the same, but later she tells Ash that never had that moment.  Oh well.  I am pretty sure no one in the universe cares.

Dylan serves buggy-eyed Sharon Cassie’s Mac ‘n Cheese.  Cause the only other thing he can cook is toast.  Much hilarity and back and forth ensues.  Then they talk about the stalker and how Dylan will do everything he can to protect his family.

Mariah is now in the PARK where she dumps the phone in a trash can.  Later Dylan and Kevin find it and realize whoever dumped it wanted it to be found.

Prick, Drinki, Vic and Travis dinner is pretty awkward.  My fave part is Drinki saying: oh look, the fish special is the Trout Amandine.  HAHAHAHA!  Now they are celebrating Travis’ first day at Newman, and Vic is all giggles.  Travis warns Prick that Jabot is a threat, and Prick tells him okay, he should deal with it, and Travis says he will, and Vic looks like a stupid teenager.  Blech. Drinki is now interrogating him about his background.  Travis’ father was a boat salesman, and his mom a part-time elementary teacher.  He was good with numbers and realized he could be a Wall Street shark, but then he got tired of all that.  Prick says that now he has another chance for that world.  Vic is stupid and giggly in the background.  Drinki and Prick leave.  Travis tells Vic that he needs to tell her something.  He tells her that he screwed his boss’s wife and was black-balled and couldn’t get a job.  His boss was his friend and mentor.  But he loved his friend’s wife.  Vic seems not too impressed.

Mariah and Sharon discuss the phone after Dylan leaves, but Sharon points out that Patti is still a threat to them because she wants Sharon to get her out of the facility.  Sharon tells Mariah she will do anything Patti wants, to keep her secret, her baby and her husband.

Previews:  Vic to Travis: You slept with the boss’s wife, you got black-balled.  You sleep with the boss’ daughter, maybe it will get you back in the game, is that the kind of man you are?  Prick to Phyllis: You are talking about clean hands, how clean are your husband’s hands? Jack to Dummer:  Is there something I can help you with? And Dummer says:  Why are you researching Newman Enterprises?  Oh, sigh.

And I am not sure where I saw it, maybe in a preview, the painting is of Patti and Mr. Kitty looking happily toward the big bright sun, like they are free and ready to embark on an adventure.

• Love 13
On 10/5/2016 at 2:00 PM, miamama said:

So Travis had an affair with his boss's wife. Boss found out, had him blackballed and he was forced to leave Wall Street. 

If every one who worked on Wall Street had an affair and then was blackballed, there would be no economy left.  This is as dumb as when Turd made sure Adam would never get a job in the business world-ever!  Boss man and Travis are tied for the Thinnest Skin On Wall Street award.

On 10/5/2016 at 2:59 PM, miamama said:

They are putting so much effort into Phack and zero for Billy and Jack.

Maybe Billy will have had a tumor and that will be the (totally unbelievable) reason for this (totally unbelievable) behaviour.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MollyB said:

Maybe Billy will have had a tumor and that will be the (totally unbelievable) reason for this (totally unbelievable) behaviour.

Ohhhh no. no no no no no no noooooooo!

i_can_t_hear_you____by_twistedpony3000-d64m3t3.jpg

Edited by klopek
  • Love 8
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, miamama said:

Today:

Ashley knows all this because the wife in question is her friend. And she asks Travis if perhaps Victoria is his way back into the business world.

Yup. They are trashing Travis in a very specific way to make ButtBiscuit seem less vile (not working for me but presumably will for Vicki).

I think Travis isn't here for the long haul. He's a primetime kinda guy.

• Love 1

Super quick bullet point recap tonight because I'm half asleep and need to be up early tomorrow to get Steve ready for the vet.

Jack is planning something against Victor. Summer asks him point blank why he's researching Newman and he lies and says it has something to do with last year's taxes. She tells Phyllis about it and Phyllis sneaks onto Jack's comp at work and says something along the lines of 'oh, no, Jack. Take your anger out on me but not on Victurd.'

Nikki suspects Jack is going to retaliate against El Douche and goes to Jabot to implore Jack not to start a war because she doesn't think either side will survive. Jack promises he's not up to anything while Phyllis eavesdrops at the door. Jack walks Nikki to the parking garage while Phyllis sneaks into his office and looks at his computer.

Victurd is busy telling Nikki and Phyllis, and anyone who will listen, that he won't be threatened but JackAbbot blah blah. He goes on to say that Jack's hands are not clean! Um, Jack hasn't done like 1/5245621451126 of the horrible things that El Turd has done so shut up, Victor. Yougotthat!

Victoria is mad at Travis for keeping his secret from her but before they can get more into it, Jill shows up to remind Victoria that she's supposed to be interviewed by the GC Buzz right now so she takes off. Hillary holds the interview and Cane and Billy and Victoria all bicker during the interview with Billy looking like the biggest douche of all. He finally storms off. Hillary ignores Cane the entire interview much to his annoyance and sucks up to Victoria. Victoria shows her around and gives her a gift bag.

Cane bitches to Devon about Hillary ignoring him but Devon says to give Hillary a chance since she's new at this.

Travis tells Jill at the GCAC that the fight he and Victoria had was about his sleeping with his boss and being blackballed from Wall Street. Jill can't believe he told her but he says he's telling her so it can't be used against him. Jill runs off to tell Victor and to gloat about the fact that Travis is not that different from Billy.

Billy, who stormed off from the interview, shows up at a bar and runs into Travis. They drink and play pool and some huge guy starts being a douche, wanting the pool table. Travis wants to let it go, Billy wants to pick a fight, and the big guy punches Billy!

Victoria gets a call while with Hillary and Devon and Cane. All she says is 'both of them?!' and then we see them (Billy and Travis) sitting pretty in jail.

Previews show Jill showing up at the station and asking Paul what will it take to make this disappear. Victoria is telling Cane that they should just let them sit in jail. Hillary is positioning the video camera so that it's recording Victoria. Then we see Hillary gleefully watching the footage. So much for not being underhanded, Hillary. That didn't even last a week.

• Love 13

LOL at Phyllis telling Victor they should end the war and fighting between families. Really? Jack's been asking that of her for like a year and she attacking and rebuffed him at every mention and NOW she wants to make peace? 

• Love 8

My Thank You Prayer for today:

Thank you for all the stalwart Preverts that watch this show and comment.  Especial blessings on those Preverts who recap so that I don't have to watch.  May your wine be forever premium and come in an easily tappable box.  May the next caller at your door be Matthew McConaughey in full Magic Mike mode. Amen.

12 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Jack is planning something against Victor. Summer asks him point blank why he's researching Newman and he lies and says it has something to do with last year's taxes. She tells Phyllis about it and Phyllis sneaks onto Jack's comp at work and says something along the lines of 'oh, no, Jack. Take your anger out on me but not on Victurd.'

Could it be that NewJacko (Jarco?) is waaay ahead of everyone and knows that Phyl will hack into his computer so he's seeded it with misinformation, counting on it getting back to the Turd?    (And I will watch this episode if she really said '...not on Victurd.)

Cane bitches to Devon about Hillary ignoring him but Devon says to give Hillary a chance since she's new at this.

Seriously, Cane?  Is his head so far up his ass that he forgets what she did when she first got to town?  Didn't she, like, invent the GCBuzz?  Or at least use it to post secret diaries and such?  This girl has already made her bones in "celebrity investigative" reporting.

Victoria shows her around and gives her a gift bag.

Since the only players in this "interview" already know each other and are actually family, this gesture is like me giving my friends a gift bag when I walk them to the door after a visit.  Who else in the world is interested in this stupid inbred company?  There are enough 'reality', talk and pseudo news shows on all the friggin media.  This wouldn't get a hit anywhere.

Billy wants to pick a fight, and the big guy punches Billy!

For this!  I just may have to record the show so I can watch it over, and over, and over......

So much for not being underhanded, Hillary.

See above, quote #2.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, MollyB said:

For this!  I just may have to record the show so I can watch it over, and over, and over......

The punch is off screen. sigh. What a waste, right? 

27 minutes ago, Artsda said:

LOL at Phyllis telling Victor they should end the war and fighting between families. Really? Jack's been asking that of her for like a year and she attacking and rebuffed him at every mention and NOW she wants to make peace? 

And when she sees that Jack is in fact planning something on his laptop she's all "no no no Jack. Come after me. Be mad at me. Don't go after Victor."

You wanted this along so now you can STFU. I get that she's seen the light but really? You destroyed Jack's world and insisted it was because of Victor bringing Marco into your lives and you expected him to do what?

• Love 10

So Phyllis and Billy just had to have sex, so aroused were they by their mutual hatred of Victor. Billy was, after all, the only one who "got" Phyllis's desire for revenge because Jack wouldn't man up and support her. And now Phyllis doesn't want Jack to unleash his wrath on Victor? Are you kidding? Shut your delusional ass, Phyllis.

Poor Billy. He just has such a punchable face. I'm surprised Nick hasn't spontaneously hauled off and cold cocked Buttbiscuit right in his fist magnet mouth.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, miamama said:

The punch is off screen. sigh. What a waste, right? 

Right, but a girl can hope.  did he at least have bruises?  will this shake around the reason (in his brain} he's been a continual douche and bring him back as Billy Miller?

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

So Phyllis and Billy just had to have sex, so aroused were they by their mutual hatred of Victor. Billy was, after all, the only one who "got" Phyllis's desire for revenge because Jack wouldn't man up and support her. And now Phyllis doesn't want Jack to unleash his wrath on Victor? Are you kidding? Shut your delusional ass, Phyllis.

It so smacks of "oh poor widdle baby Jack can't take on big bad victor" but Big Bad Billy and I sure could. puke. 

So she'll step in to help him. As I predicted. 

16 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Right, but a girl can hope.  did he at least have bruises?  will this shake around the reason (in his brain} he's been a continual douche and bring him back as Billy Miller?

Of the many reasons I want BM back as Billy the biggest one is his mere face would obliterate the nightmare that was Philly. He'd swagger in, take one look at Phyllis, make a disgusted/amused (yet charming and not misogynistic) expression, walk away and it'd be forgotten. No words needed. Then he'd apologize to Jack, tell him "it wasn't ME! I was taken over by some dark ugly force," hug him in that all encompassing Billy Miller way and we're good!

• Love 18
47 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Seriously. I have no words.

• Love 8

Was there a scene yesterday where I think Phyllis was telling Victor that Jack was off searching the planet for a Victor lookalike or did I imagine that? I just remembered it now. Maybe I dreamt it...

• Love 3

All Jack needs to do is troll the outhouses and portable potties of Wisconsin to find something strongly resembling Victor. He could always resort to grave digging if desperate. Just stick a mustache, some mom jeans and a black t-shirt of virility on your choice of poop pile or decomposing corpse and voila! Instant Victor. The communication skills and smell will fool the most skeptical of skeptics.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

ಠ_ಠ

Reminds me of a FB meme I saw last night about that ex who says they'll be there for you, with the next sentence being something along the lines of "You'll be there for me now? Where were you when we were together?!"

• Love 2

Way too much ButtBiscuit on this show. Does JT get a day off? ugh. But I'm only half complaining. I am thrilled he's not in Jack's story right now.

He moves out of the mansion. Good. Asshole pretender should NEVER have lived in Kay's house.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Way too much ButtBiscuit on this show. Does JT get a day off? ugh. But I'm only half complaining. I am thrilled he's not in Jack's story right now.

He moves out of the mansion. Good. Asshole pretender should NEVER have lived in Kay's house.

And he's in the previews with Bella! Story #677456 for him?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

And he's in the previews with Bella! Story #677456 for him?

I know. You want a bet he moves into that apartment across from Chelsea and Chloe? It has a big bar as I recall. Perfect. And he continues to be the biggest douche on earth. Who wants to see this guy THAT MUCH?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, miamama said:

I know. You want a bet he moves into that apartment across from Chelsea and Chloe? It has a big bar as I recall. Perfect. And he continues to be the biggest douche on earth. Who wants to see this guy THAT MUCH?

Oh, good, he'll pour himself an obligatory drink, wonder if Bella is his, mock Travis and Jack, and simultaneously stalk Vic, Phyllis, and Chloe.

• Love 5

I have lurked on this forum for years, long before we even came to this site. I made an account just now to say I thought Victoria blending in with the walls looked so ridiculous and beautiful...

Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 3.08.26 AM.png

• Love 6

I love the colour of Victoria's house. If I ever get a house, I want it to be that colour.

I hope to post a brief recap later today. If I can remember what I barely watched or listened to yesterday.

• Love 2

Quick and possibly vague, but here goes...

Lily is missing Cane, who is working late. Neil offers to take care of the kids and help them with their math homework while she goes to see him. Lily and Cane have nasty couch sex at his office while Neil answers the twins questions about his mother.

Billy and Travis are in jail. Billy is still being a douche. Travis tells him why he and Victoria are fighting since Jill already knows and will end up telling him. Jill shows up at the jail and asks Paul what will it take to get this to go away.

Victoria is at the office and is ranting about Billy and Travis and says she's just going to let them sit in jail. Hilary of course starts secretly taping this discussion. Devon finds out and says they're not running this story. Hilary protests but Devon says that if she doesn't agree not to run it, he's just going to stop the show. Hilary reluctantly agrees.

Back at the GC Buzz one of the employees starts editing the footage to make Billy and the company look bad. Then a video is released showing the bar fight with Travis and Billy. She wants to run it but Hilary surprisingly says no.

Victoria reluctantly agrees to go to the jail and bail out Travis.

Victoria and Travis go back to her place. She admits she's still mad at him and not sure she can trust him. He says he'll move out then, but she tells him not to, they kiss, blah blah.

Jill bails out Billy, he moves out of the mansion. Yay, you never respected that house anyway.

And honestly, that's all I can recall after two days. Sorry.

• Love 10

They need a man of a certain age to fill in the blanks... I vote Det Hardon's twin brother returned from the wars and looking for answers who killed my bro? where's my freakin bunny. It writes it's self and he an Mariah would smoke.

• Love 7

Just a head's up but no recap tonight. I'm heading out in the evening to the botanical gardens to see the Chinese lanterns. I won't even get to watch Lucifer until tomorrow *cries.*

Also, probably no recap Friday because I'm off to the ballet that evening. Romeo and Juliet!

• Love 7

Of course it was about Delia, it always is, but it was refreshing to see Billy able to have genuine scenes and dialogue with both Vic and Chloe. The show NEEDS to mix it up like this more. It shouldn't be 95% sarcasm. The character needs balance.

• Love 3

Haven't watched but IDGAF about Billy's pain. It's been three fucking years (and FOUR BILLYS) of manpain. 

If he was capable of feeling compassion for others, maybe I could give a fuck.

But nope.

Whatever. At least Jack is free of him.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, miamama said:

Haven't watched but IDGAF about Billy's pain. It's been three fucking years (and FOUR BILLYS) of manpain. 

If he was capable of feeling compassion for others, maybe I could give a fuck.

But nope.

Whatever. At least Jack is free of him.

Oh, we're generally on the exact same page on this. For sure.

I'm more just wanting the show to realize that Billy can be written in a real, humanizing way, while still allowing him to be the resident jackass they love so much.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, we're generally on the exact same page on this. For sure.

I'm more just wanting the show to realize that Billy can be written in a real, humanizing way, while still allowing him to be the resident jackass they love so much.

Right. I think we need to see a human being as well. But if he's just doing self-pity it's not cutting it for me. That's all he's about. Woe is me. Tortured is me.

If he were shown to feel badly for pain that he has caused another HUMAN being -- that would go a long way in humanizing him. This just continues to be more of the same. 

And while JT has only been Billy since Feb. viewers have watched this character whine about Delia for years. Enough. We have had THREE STRAIGHT YEARS of a miserable loser "hitting bottom" and claiming it's because he's sad about his dead kid.

• Love 10

Right. I think we need to see a human being as well. But if he's just doing self-pity it's not cutting it for me. That's all he's about. Woe is me. Tortured is me.

If he were shown to feel badly for pain that he has caused another HUMAN being -- that would go a long way in humanizing him. This just continues to be more of the same. 

And while JT has only been Billy since Feb. viewers have watched this character whine about Delia for years. Enough. We have had THREE STRAIGHT YEARS of a miserable loser "hitting bottom" and claiming it's because he's sad about his dead kid.

Agreed. Sharon and Nick both wore that excuse out like a trust fund brat joyriding in Dad's Porche on Christmas; plus, Cassie was a girl that we saw grow up and be a part of the Newman family (other than the "part of the yearly divorce custody hearing" way that most kids are), so we actually gave a fuck when she bit it. Apart from rage that the Abbotts were losing yet another girl and Katherine was losing the closest thing she had to a granddaughter, I didn't give a damn about Delia nor Chloe.

And if Billy had made any attempt at being a better person in that time, this would have worked better. But, no.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 6

I agree. I think the character needs to show compassion for others.

I'm personally glad the character is away from Jack, but taking away my biases, it's actually strange that this show decided to completely skip over attempting to repair Billy and Jack. Billy was just thrust in-between Vic and Travis, Jill continues to be obsessed with his love life, and now he'll probs find out Bella is his, so more Billy/Chloe. The character needs a BREAK and needs a focus. He's in too many stories at once. It's exhausting.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I agree. I think the character needs to show compassion for others.

I'm personally glad the character is away from Jack, but taking away my biases, it's actually strange that this show decided to completely skip over attempting to repair Billy and Jack. Billy was just thrust in-between Vic and Travis, Jill continues to be obsessed with his love life, and now he'll probs find out Bella is his, so more Billy/Chloe. The character needs a BREAK and needs a focus. He's in too many stories at once. It's exhausting.

It's true. It's NUTS that Jack and Billy are basically not addressed. 

Remember all that "the Abbott family will NEVER be the same." Yeah so basically they are the same. I mean Jack has nothing to do with Billy but he does speak to him when he sees him (which I find ASTONISHING). Jack has had next to no opportunity to call out Billy. He has had many scenes beautifully ripping into Phyllis. So have Summer and Ashley. Phyllis is "paying" for the affair. Not Billy. NO ONE has called Billy out for taunting Jack, for going after an emotionally damaged woman. Nothing

And yet he gets monologues about how much emotional pain he feels.

• Love 12

We can better gauge where TIIC are going once the new writers' stories roll out mid next month.

As it stands now, Billy can fellate a shotgun for all I give a fuck. Like a true sociopath, he's only sorry he got caught, but Phyllis has paid far heavily than Billy has. As others have said, this show under Pratt has been incredibly random. B&B has tapped the "relative sleeps with another relatives SO" story countless times and they almost always kept the biggest conflict between the family. Jack and Billy barely interacted before and barely interacted now, so where's the payoff?

They need to give Billy a rest, preferably offscreen, until they figure out a less odious personality for him.  Hell, ship him off to B&B where he can bang Steffy and save me the trouble of FF through two shows.

• Love 10