Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

(edited)
Also, I live in the U.S. What is stampeding?

The Calgary Stampede: A celebration of all things Western!! Here's a link with more info. 

It's fun. I'm from Ontario but I've been to the stampede (years and years ago). 

Voila'.  Portrait of an Executive as a Young Man.

Tee hee. Thanks for the recap, Molly. God almighty it is worse than Abby becoming COO. Katherine and Jill's love affair with Cane was so idiotic.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 4
(edited)

The show has just started. Back when I was writing about Avery, I got a bad feeling. Is she going to wind up accidentally shooting

Dylan

? That's how things looked to me the other day, and today, I swear something's in the air.

Edited by C76
  • Love 4

The show has just started. Back when I was writing about Avery, I got a bad feeling. Is she going to wind up accidentally shooting

Dylan

? That's how things looked to me the other day, and today, I swear something's in the air.

What if she accidentally shoots

Sharon and she loses the sapling?

Then Dullan will hate her and she leaves CG in shame.

• Love 3

Good news, Avery doesn't shoot anybody.  And Joe did not rape her.  She tried to shoot him but Dylan stopped her.

Gabe tells Prick's portrait that he is Adam Newman, and Chelz overhears.

That is a wee recap.  Back with full meal deal either tonight or tomorrow morning.

• Love 8
(edited)

Thanks, bannana. I'm looking forward to your take on Adam revealing himself. 

As for Avery, I see that all my crazy talk was just that. I was sure they were going to go the typical accidental shooting route. Once again, though, Pratt and his cronies kept things interesting.

peacheslatour, although no one got shot today, your point left me thinking. I wonder what the unexpected outcome is going to be concerning Ms. Bailey-Clark's departure.

Edited by C76
  • Love 2

although no one got shot today, your point left me thinking. I wonder what the unexpected outcome is going to be concerning Ms. Bailey-Clark's departure.

What got me thinking in that direction is there are rumors floating around about some kind of drama involving

Sharon's pregnancy and I am hoping and praying it doesn't include baby-napping or switcheroos or any of that tired shit. Besides I don't think Faith will be playing second fiddle to any of her mother's kids any time soon.

• Love 3

Dylan and Sharon are trying to figure out where the missing gun is and suddenly Dylan figures out that Avery has it.  He and Sharon go to the Squad Room to tell Paul.  Paul tells them he thinks that they have the rapist, they just caught another guy in a ski mask. 

Avery is at Joe’s room and tells him she wants to end the conflict and tension.  I am not sure how he is so stupid as to let her into his room, but he does.  He says that he will withdraw the charges against Dylan if she quits calling him a rapist.  No harm, no foul.  She agrees.  He fixes her a drink but now she has a gun pointed on him.  I have to admit I thought Joe might say, jeebus, first you push me off a balcony and now you want to shoot me?!  She tells him she knows he raped her and she is going to make him admit it.  She recounts their recent history of how he manipulated her and he admits that he did that, but not rape.  She says he hit her when they were married, and he says he did, once.  She says once makes him an abuser, and one rape makes him a rapist.  He finally admits it.  She is still holding the gun on him and Dylan shows up and tried to persuade her to give him the gun.  She says that Joe admitted he raped her but Dylan tells her he just did that because she had a gun on him.  He is trying to get her to give him the gun and is counting to ten.  Avery shoots the gun into the ceiling (jeeze I hope Hevon weren’t in bed in the room above!) when the Keystone Kops show up.  Avery finally gives the gun to Dylan and then tells Paul that Joe admitted raping her.  But Paul tells her they found the rapist, and he had her phone and wallet.  Oopsie.  Avery looks destroyed.  As much as I disliked Avery lately, she was great when she first came on and this is a shitty send-off for the character and the actress.   Dylan hugs Avery, he looks sad, and Joe looks upset too.

Mikey is at the UG for a drink but he is really trying to interrogate Sage about Gabe. He probes about the hatred Gabe has for Prick.  He wants to know what happened to the missing year, when Gabe was off the radar, and didn’t show up in the society pages.  She says he was taking care of his sick grandmother.  I feel like they might be chem-testing Sage and Mikey.  She tells Mikey to go ask Chelz if he wants to know about Gabe. 

The Newbots are sitting around trying to come up with a mission statement.  Gabe doesn’t like any of their ideas.  They are frustrated and exhausted.  And just like that Chelz comes up with the mission statement:  A new company for a new generation.  He tells her she is a genius.  Dick says it sounds like a soft drink ad.  Vic says he is jealous cause he didn’t think of it.  Billy says it’s good.  Gabe says this mission will unite them and then he dismisses them for the day.  Chelz and Gabe are happy with their mission statement.  They decide to celebrate with champagne.  He does an overview of each of the Newbots.  She wonders how he knows all of them so well, including her.  He says he did his homework. 

The Newbots are debriefing about the horrible day they had at work.  They are wondering why Gabe hates Prick so much and why Chelz cannot see through the guy. Dick says that Gabe is nothing like the guy he knew in boarding school.  Billy says Gabe is a world class jerk, and was hot for Chelz from the beginning.  He says he wasn't letting anything stop him from hooking up with Chelz, including Sage.  Sage says she still has the treadmarks to prove it.  I guess that was meant to be insulting because Dick apologized on Billy's behalf.  Dick asks her if she still has ties to Gabe.  She flashes back to Gabe sex.  And she says there is nothing tying her to Gabe.  Hah!  Villy meanwhile are talking about getting rid of Gabe and how they make a good team.

Sage calls Gabe to warn him about Mikey’s questions, but Mikey arrives while they are on the phone and says tell Sage it is too late to get your stories straight.  He interrogates Gabe about the  last year of his life.  He says he took care of his sick grandmother.  Mikey is surprised at how close that is to what Sage said, as if it were rehearsed.  Mikey says Gabe has changed his story re the shooting, and Gabe says no one can question his morals.  Mikey wonders whether he is blackmailing Prick.  He tells Gabe his life will be on trial just as much as Prick's.  Mikey leaves.  Chelz wants to know the truth.  Why is he loyal to Jack?  Why is against Dick, Vic and Abby?  He sidesteps.  They start smooching which leads to during the commercial sex.  She leaves to get freshened up.  

Chelz is out of the room and Gabe is talking to Prick’s portrait, basically gloating and he says:  How does it feel knowing the son who was never good enough, who only wanted your approval, how does it feel, knowing that I am running your company right now.  I won.  So I say, a toast to me, a toast to Adam Newman.  Chelz is standing behind him and hears this and drops her glass, and Gabe is startled and sees her.  She is looking at him, sort of confused, angry and shocked all at the same time.

Marisa is in Jack’s room, saying that she told him not to go to the PARK but he would not listen.  Coma Jack says: Don’t count me out.  She tells him to wake up and reclaim his life.  But Phyllis walks in and wants to know what Marisa is doing in Jack’s room.  She gets a security guard.  She asks her if she is there to finish off Jack for Prick.  Marisa is trying to explain herself.  Noah shows up and vouches for Marisa.  He says that she cut her hand, and Phyllis grabs Marisa’s hand and she yelps in pain.  Phyllis still thinks the whole thing is sketchy.  When they leave, she asks Jack about Marisa, but Coma Jack says he cannot tell her yet, he has to protect her.  He needs to find out more about Prick, Marco and Adam.  Well, he says all this to us, he tells her nothing.  But what Coma Jack does tell her when she asks if Prick lured him to the PARK, is no, he didn’t.  And she wonders then who did lure him there?  He also tells her that Prick didn't intend to shoot Jack, and she says then he is telling the truth, it was self-defense, and Coma Jack says no.  Phyllis realizes Prick went to the park to shoot someone else.  Coma Jack says it was Marco but of course only we can hear them.  He is trying to figure out how to tell her. He moves his fingers.  She gives him a pad of paper to write the name of the person.  He tries to write an M but it looks like a 2.

Marisa and Noah are in her room.  He wonders whether she cut her hand on purpose to go talk to Jack.  He questions her about her boyfriend.  She tells him to drop it.  She says she went to talk to Jack to find out if he knew something about her ex-boyfriend.  Later, he returns to her room because he forgot his phone.  She answers the door in a towel.  But then he leaves.

Previews:  Phyllis to Prick:  I want the truth about what happened that night and I am going to get that out of you; Dylan to Paul: you are not going to arrest Avery, and Paul says yes he is.

• Love 6
He moves his fingers.  She gives him a pad of paper to write the name of the person.  He tries to write an M but it looks like a 2.

Interesting. I thought it was meant to be a 2. As in "2 Jacks" since Marco or "M" would mean nothing to her. I thought 2 was pretty clever since he clearly isn't capable of writing much more than that. I'm quite enjoying their little game, even though there have to be some leaps in logic for it to play out. Like why can't Marisa tell Phyllis about Marco etc.? She could just send her an anonymous letter or something (if she wants to avoid being involved in an investigation). But the detective work Phyllis is having to do is entertaining.

• Love 6

Avery shoots the gun into the ceiling (jeeze I hope Hevon weren’t in bed in the room above!) when the Keystone Kops show up.

My thoughts exactly. I didn't think Joe was in a penthouse suite. And the "2" that Jack wrote--I hope that it'll prove useful in the future. Perhaps Phyllis' curiosity will be piqued.  

• Love 4

Interesting. I thought it was meant to be a 2. As in "2 Jacks" since Marco or "M" would mean nothing to her. I thought 2 was pretty clever since he clearly isn't capable of writing much more than that. I'm quite enjoying their little game, even though there have to be some leaps in logic for it to play out. Like why can't Marisa tell Phyllis about Marco etc.? She could just send her an anonymous letter or something (if she wants to avoid being involved in an investigation). But the detective work Phyllis is having to do is entertaining.

Oh, miamama,  I am sure you are correct. That is the problem with watching and recapping.  I saw his effort and thought he was trying to write Marco. You are right, he was trying to write two Jacks.

• Love 3

Can't wait for Monday's show and Gabe/Adam's reveal!

I really don't understand the logic behind Nick/Vicky/Billy. What really is their purpose and what are they trying to do? It's not like Gabe's trying to destroy the company, everything he says to them is logically and instead they all just act like bratty children who had a toy taken away. They don't seem to care about the company, just care that Gabe's running it. 

I knew Avery's rapist wasn't Joe. Hope Paul does arrest her and Joe does press charges against her and keeps his charges against Dylan too. They ran around accusing him of rape based on nothing but Avery insisting it's him because she wanted it to be. Yet she showed no fear of Joe at all, it was more revenge whether he did it or not she didn't care.

Why is Sage still around? 

• Love 8

Wait.....they had sex in TGVN's office??

They did.  Highly unprofessional and icky considering his portrait was looking at them.

Oh no! Vacation? I love reading your recaps. It saves me the bother of actually watching the show or I can ff to certain bits based on your recaps which are much better and more entertaining than the actual broadcasts.

Also, I live in the U.S. What is stampeding?

miamama kindly gave you the lowdown and link, let me just add, the entire city gets overtaken by all things Stampede; so as much as I didn't actually intend to do much this year, we ended up entertaining out of town visitors this week.  It's a really busy time here, but lots of fun!

• Love 7

Wait.....they had sex in TGVN's office??

Screwing on someone's desk in front of their portrait is kind of a soap equivalent to Hannibal eating his enemies in  this case, I'd say.

• Love 8

Well, well, well...Somewhere on this section of the board there's a link to an article that mentions Pratt's previous experience includes Desperate Housewives. As soon as I read that, I thought, "Ah-HA!" I enjoyed DH's overall tone. Pratt's writing is soapy, but definitely different. 

As for today's show, among other things that made me furrow my brow, I'm waiting for the day when Phyllis will stop trusting Victor. That bastard doesn't need to know that Jack can write. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Avery has screwed in that office. Nick/Phyllis, Sharon/Adam, Victoria/Billy, and now Adam/Chelsea. It is a thing.

I was bored by Adam's reveal. After all this time and all this promotion... that is all that got?

Lame.

Edited by cmb81
  • Love 3
(edited)

I knew Avery's rapist wasn't Joe. Hope Paul does arrest her and Joe does press charges against her and keeps his charges against Dylan too. They ran around accusing him of rape based on nothing but Avery insisting it's him because she wanted it to be. Yet she showed no fear of Joe at all, it was more revenge whether he did it or not she didn't care.

My guess (& it is a guess) they will take her out via the method with Chloe. They will send her to a psych hospital far away from "Fairview". Dylan laid the groundwork in Paul's office, saying she was seeing things that were not there. Edited by Thumper82003
  • Love 3

Avery has screwed in that office. Nick/Phyllis, Sharon/Adam, Victoria/Billy, and now Adam/Chelsea. It is a thing.

I was bored by Adam's reveal. After all this time and all this promotion... that is all that got?

Lame.

Wasn't it though? I wasn't expecting much but it was exceedingly lame. They dragged out the conversation for the whole episode and at no point was it riveting or moving to me. I think for me the issue is that I am not convinced of this grand big TRUSTING love between Adam and Chelsea. They were hardly together. And she had some big ass lies going -- like that Connor was his son. They just don't have a lot of history. And that Adam is a lying, selfish asshole isn't news, or shouldn't be, to Chelsea.

For some reason this show (it was this way with JG and continues under Pratt) seems to think Adam and Chelsea conversing is Big Drama. It's not. She heaves and gasps and I can't take my eyes off her overly plucked eyebrows. JH didn't impress me either. I don't know. Lame sums it up.

As for today's show, among other things that made me furrow my brow, I'm waiting for the day when Phyllis will stop trusting Victor. That bastard doesn't need to know that Jack can write.

No kidding. And since when does Victor ever FESS UP. He lies constantly. I'll never understand why people confront him and demand he TELL THEM what he's up to. However, in her slight defence, she did say "I'm sure your spies have told you.." So she seems to know he's got people watching Jack -- like that's not fucking NUTS or suspicious.

Can people stop hitting Joe? He's barely second to Jack in getting slapped and punched. Does Pratt have a thing for handsome men getting smacked?

• Love 8

Lame.

I couldn't get over the fact that the office door was wide open. Anyone could've walked by and overheard what was going on.

• Love 5

MCE did a wonderful job today stirring my emotions. Wait, she wasn't supposed to be evoking a strong urge to leap through my TV screen to draw eyebrows on her with any writing implement that came to hand? Never mind then.

I did think Adam being unable to resist gloating aloud to Victor('s portrait) was perfectly in character.

The Avery rape story was just ridiculous, even though there actually might have been some potential for character beats/growth and maybe a real mystery.  It ended up feeling like JC got fired last week and they hurriedly wrapped up a story that was supposed to unwind over months.

• Love 8

Well, well, well...Somewhere on this section of the board there's a link to an article that mentions Pratt's previous experience includes Desperate Housewives. As soon as I read that, I thought, "Ah-HA!" I enjoyed DH's overall tone. Pratt's writing is soapy, but definitely different. 

True story: I post on a message board on which a former Desperate Housewives and Frasier writer/co-producer used to post (Lori Kirkland Baker is her name). The folks on the board didn't believe her when she said who she was, until she posted a selfie with her Emmy award and a piece of paper with the date and the name of the board :D

• Love 5

Idiot Adam is talking to Prick’s portrait and he gets caught by Chelz.  This doesn’t bother me too much. He has been working overtime to get caught since the day he returned as Gabe.  Let’s remember, he couldn’t even keep the con going long enough to get his Bingham inheritance.  He has been way too obvious.  Sage is equally stupid.

Chelz hears what he said, that he is Adam, and he tries to cover.  Badly.  She presses him and he admits he is Adam.  He tells her about the accident and burns all over his body, and the guy that tried to save him.  How Sage saved him to help Constance.  At first, she is elated and hugs and kisses him, cause he is alive. Then, she starts to realize what has happened here:  he has duped her for a really long time.  As the truth spills out she learns that Jack knows, but for some reason Adam told Jack but not Chelz. She realizes that he wants to marry her as Gabe and raise Connor.  She has sort of weird issues with this.  Connor will have a back story of a family that is not his.  What?  Connor is a Newman.  Period.  Her outrage goes from, why didn’t you tell me, I would never have reported you to the police, to: you need to stop being a coward and turn yourself into the police.  Hey Adam, I am with you, she should never have been told.

She cannot understand why Jack would go along with this, and he reveals that Billy shot him, and he is essentially blackmailing Jack.  Oh, and he doesn’t mention the part about Marco etc.  Good call on his part.  At the end, Chelz says she cannot live with him as Gabe and walks out.

Christine is in a meeting with Prick and blah blah blah, same stuff we have heard before.

Phyllis is with Jack, and she sees he has written a “2” (thank you miamama!).  Phyllis questions Jack some more and he confirms the two people thing, except not really.  He confirms it means two, but when she asks whether Prick went to shoot 2 people he cannot confirm that.  Then he goes into distress.  The nurse is on Prick’s payroll and is reporting back to the prison guard.   Nice.

Stupid Phyllis takes the paper with the 2 on it to Prick.  She interrogates him and tries to get him to tell her what happened.  Doesn’t happen.  What part of Coma Jack telling her not to tell anyone doesn’t she get?  Oh yeah, only we can hear Coma Jack.  Prick tells her the same blah blah about a different Jack and how he is going to protect her from Jack.

There is a bunch of stuff between Avery, who is not sympathetic, even when they try to make her that way, and Joe, and Michael.  Paul makes it clear that Avery shot a gun off in the hotel, and somehow missed Hevon in the room above.  That is a crime.  Dylan tries to get Paul to drop it and even Avery agrees with Paul that it is a crime and he should pursue.  Luckily, Michael (raisins) Baldwin shows up.  He explains to her that she needs to apologize to Joe, and he can make these charges go away.  He tells her to cross her fingers.  She goes to apologize to Joe, but then she says:  I am sorry I ever met you, that you came to GC, that I didn’t blow your face off with that gun.  Whoops.  Michael has a heart to heart with Avery to point out that she can still practice the law, look at him.  She questions herself since she almost shot a guy in cold blood, not to mention the Hevon near miss.  She needs to leave town and get counseling.  And never come back apparently.  When Michael told her all the people on her side, I think he mentioned Sharon before Phyllis and never mentioned Dummer.  I would like to feel bad for Avery but I loathe her too much now. Later, we see Joe call Paul to drop the charges and five seconds later he is punched by Cane for sleeping with Lily.  I want to punch Joe for that too.  I loved snarky bitchy Lily.  Now she is pathetic Lily who might be friends with Hevon.

Even Dylan ditches her after this, although he did try to be supportive. He goes back to Sharon, who seems sane but I am guessing is not. No crazy eyes today, but it is coming.  Now that he has washed his hands of Avery, he is bonding with Sharon at CL.  She moves a chair and he freaks out because nothing will happen to this child.  Except, now it will.

A comment on Eric Braeden and his acting choices.  I just caught up on the episodes from back in June, and Prick learns that Jack is dead from Marco.  He is enraged and truly upset.  Marco points out that Prick should not be surprised, he set this in motion.  Which I agree with.  Since then, Prick has been a smug bastard character.  So even with Phyllis, with Jack in a coma after he shot him (even though he thinks it is Marco), he is smug and arrogant and disrespectful.  It’s a pathetic acting choice.  Easy, I guess.  And, if Prick thinks that is Marco, then he should tell the truth for many reasons, but won’t because he is guilty, big time.

Previews:  Prick to Vic:  Never forget our goal, to get rid of Gabriel Bingham;  Phyllis to Dick:  I think I know who that bullet was meant for; Chelz to Sage:  I know the truth.

• Love 9
(edited)

Why oh why would Phyllis go to the person who shot her husband and tell him that Jack was out of his coma long enough to write something on a piece of paper? And why oh why would she reveal what was written to the person who tried to kill Jack? Jack did communicate to her that he did not trust anyone else to know that he was able to communicate, so why would Phyllis tell the one person that not only tried to kill him, but the one person that Jack has never trusted? That scene was just garbage. Unlike her daughter, Phyllis is not a stupid person, but that is how she was written in that scene. Totally unbelievable.

I thought MCE actually did OK with the reveal that Gabe is Adam. However I guess I never realized that Adam plans to stay Gabe for the rest of his life. Ya learn something every day.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 8
A comment on Eric Braeden and his acting choices.  I just caught up on the episodes from back in June, and Prick learns that Jack is dead from Marco.  He is enraged and truly upset.  Marco points out that Prick should not be surprised, he set this in motion.  Which I agree with.  Since then, Prick has been a smug bastard character.  So even with Phyllis, with Jack in a coma after he shot him (even though he thinks it is Marco), he is smug and arrogant and disrespectful.  It’s a pathetic acting choice.  Easy, I guess.  And, if Prick thinks that is Marco, then he should tell the truth for many reasons, but won’t because he is guilty, big time.

ICAM. He was smug, making jokes and very pleased with himself. Absolute crap. EB just doesn't bother getting into the emotion of the character. He seems only concerned about how he appears -- strong, commanding, cool as a cat. If he showed a hint of sadness or remorse or something when talking to a woman he believes he has a made a widow...but nah. You know, I hope Pratt sees how much this undermines any attempt at root-ability for Victor. I will NEVER root for him but I think he could sway his viewers (diehard fans?) with some nuanced emotions.

Why oh why would Phyllis go to the person who shot her husband and tell him that Jack was out of his coma long enough to write something on a piece of paper? And why oh why would she reveal what was written to the person who tried to kill Jack? Jack did communicate to her that he did not trust anyone else to know that he was able to communicate, so why would Phyllis tell the one person that not only tried to kill him, but the one person that Jack has never trusted? That scene was just garbage. Unlike her daughter, Phyllis is not a stupid person, but that is how she was written in that scene. Totally unbelievable.

It was a very stupid, unbelievable scene. She knows Jack can't even trust DOCTORS. She knows he's afraid of something (hmmm maybe the guy who shot him) but she outs all to Victor. It made no sense she didn't go see Marisa. Jack not saying whether he knew her or not was a big red flag. And what was the point of the Marisa scene by the way? I guess it will come out later. 

And as much as I'm getting a kick out of the Jack-Phyllis Game of Coma Clue, I'm disturbed that she is more concerned about nailing his shooter than him living. I get that she wants to go after Victor but she was getting so exasperated with Jack about the "2" that I think she caused him to go into distress.

• Love 7

I loved the Adam/Chelsea scenes, I could have just had the whole episode of them.

Michael's telling Avery that she had him, Dylan, Sharon, then Phyllis made me laugh. I love he put Sharon in there and Sharon once again saved her by calling Paul and Michael. When Avery's done nothing by try to take Sharon's kid from her and the guy she did it for was nowhere to be seen or help her. 

Phyllis running to Victor telling him Jack can communicate, stupid!

• Love 3

The Avery rape story was just ridiculous, even though there actually might have been some potential for character beats/growth and maybe a real mystery.  It ended up feeling like JC got fired last week and they hurriedly wrapped up a story that was supposed to unwind over months.

I think the writers owe her and SE (her fellow casualty) an apology.

Why oh why would Phyllis go to the person who shot her husband and tell him that Jack was out of his coma long enough to write something on a piece of paper? And why oh why would she reveal what was written to the person who tried to kill Jack? Jack did communicate to her that he did not trust anyone else to know that he was able to communicate, so why would Phyllis tell the one person that not only tried to kill him, but the one person that Jack has never trusted? That scene was just garbage. Unlike her daughter, Phyllis is not a stupid person, but that is how she was written in that scene. Totally unbelievable.

I thought MCE actually did OK with the reveal that Gabe is Adam. However I guess I never realized that Adam plans to stay Gabe for the rest of his life. Ya learn something every day.

Yes. YES. This is precisely why I was annoyed. During that scene with Victor, I wanted to wring Phyllis' neck. One way or another, her trust in her new BFF needs to be shaken--and soon.

• Love 7

banana quote

somehow missed Hevon in the room above.  That is a crime.

No sh*t!

C76 quote

Yes. YES. This is precisely why I was annoyed. During that scene with Victor, I wanted to wring Phyllis' neck. One way or another, her trust in her new BFF needs to be shaken--and soon.

Wait.  What?  How is Victor her friend?   What did I miss?

• Love 2
(edited)

Wait.  What?  How is Victor her friend?   What did I miss?

I'm sure someone will fill you in properly. But for some reason that I barely recall or care about--his helping her out of her coma? voodoo?--Phyllis started asking Victor for advice. I find her trust in him disgusting.

By the way, as for what I wrote yesterday I'm watching today's show, and she's still at it. Phyllis mentioned Jack's ability to communicate to both Nick and Ashley. Whatever happened to not telling anyone? I suppose this will make sense eventually, but right now I don't like what I see. I swear, Red. If I ever move to GC, I know who I'm not telling my secrets to.

Really, though. This is a weird error on the writers' part. 

Also, I'm finally seeing it. People have complained all along about Nick and I've been saying,"Yes, but..." because to me he wasn't that bad. That is, until today. Nick sauntered into the office in a business suit. He looked ok, yes. But his attitude is annoying. I think I liked it better when he stuck to running The Underground.

Edited by C76
  • Love 5

Billy's spending all his time with Vicky and being team getting Gabe out of the company, yet he'll say to Gabe he's worried more than anyone about his brother? Yet Gabe's the one visiting Jack the most with Phyllis, while all the rest can't be bothered? Billy acts like Gabe is more bad than Victor who admits he shot his unarmed brother.

Ash is another moron, running to Victor to spill everything Jack is saying when he conveyed to Phyllis he can't trust anyone. 

Nick loves Sage? LOL Really? He knows nothing about her. Where's Faith? She would be side eyeing it all. We didn't even get scenes of her reacting to Sage moving in. No way they're living happily in the tackhouse with her.

Preview - Big suspense of emergency Gabe will out himself meeting will all be for nothing, wonder what he'll come up with at the last second as the reason he called them all there. I guess he'll say at the last second if Chelsea stops him is that "Gabe Abbott" will be his new name.

• Love 3
Preview - Big suspense of emergency Gabe will out himself meeting will all be for nothing, wonder what he'll come up with at the last second as the reason he called them all there. I guess he'll say at the last second if Chelsea stops him is that "Gabe Abbott" will be his new name.

Right. He won't spill. They are going to milk this more.

I don't care about Adam's reveal AT ALL. The only aspect of it that interests me is how it relates to Jack and Marco and Victor's evil plan coming out.

I just don't see what changes when Adam is outed. Chelsea is devoted to him and will continue to be. Billy will hate him (he already hates Gabe). No doubt some legal miracle will absolve Adam. Vicki and Victor will spend the rest of their lives trying to keep him out of Newman, as they would have if he remained Gabe.

Disappointing reveal after waiting months and months (and really more than a year) of this.

I did enjoy Adam stating clearly to Chelsea yesterday that Jack was the person he told immediately upon returning to GC because he had to tell the ONE person he could trust. lol. Nice relationship you two have there, Chadam.

• Love 5

Billy's spending all his time with Vicky and being team getting Gabe out of the company, yet he'll say to Gabe he's worried more than anyone about his brother? Yet Gabe's the one visiting Jack the most with Phyllis, while all the rest can't be bothered? Billy acts like Gabe is more bad than Victor who admits he shot his unarmed brother.

Old Ass Dirty Ass Billy is a fuckbag. When Jack wakes up he should go to the cops about Adam and if OADAB goes to prison oh well.

(edited)

I think they are pulling our leg, I cannot believe that Adam will tell everyone the truth on tomorrow’s Canuckian. If he does, he should first get a lawyer.

Chelz, looking very severe in hair and clothing, aggressively confronts Sage, and tells her not to come near her because she doesn’t want to slap a preggers woman in the face.  WTF?  Sage tries to explain that they did the whole thing for Constance and the inheritance was a small part of it.  So we are to believe that Sage knew Gabe was dead, and spent a year nursing him back to life for Constance?  I don’t think so. I think it was a combo of money and she had the hots for Gabe, but she got Frankengabe instead.  It looks like she eventually convinces Chelz because she explains that Gabe did everything for his love of Chelz and risked everything to be with her.  Blech.  And Chelz appeared to soften.  But not so much that later in the ep she didn’t talk Gabe out of outing himself to the Newbots and thus going to jail.  She even brought up that whole thing about how he would be putting Billy at risk but Gabe says he won’t squeal on Billy.  Well played, Gabe.  Now when Chelz stops him it will be only because of her love for him and wanting to keep him free to be with her and Connor.

Sage appeals to Chelz to keep the secret because it will destroy her life.  And it won’t help anyone.  Chelz  cannot promise anything to Sage, so Sage is now all messed up.  Later, Dick sees how upset she is and she says it is because she is so worried about the future.  He tells her he loves her.  Blech.

Phyllis lost her brain again because she has now told Ash everything about her “convos” with Coma Jack.  She wants Ash to get out of Prick whatever she can, because she wants the truth.  Dick walks in and says: weave my daddy, alone, wah wah wah!  Ash leaves and Phyllis tries to splain things to Dick.  She now tells him the whole story about Coma Jack’s communications.  She thinks that Gabe was the target of Prick’s bullet.  Jack somehow got the bullet intended for his son.  Dick says it doesn’t make sense that Gabe was the target.  Prick would just tell everyone that Gabe was blackmailing him.  Dick is so sure that Prick would never be in cahoots with Gabe.  She says that if the other person isn’t Gabe, then who could it be.  He says her original assumption is not correct, maybe Coma Jack was telling her something else.  She is upset and says no, and it’s a good scene, because her love is clear.  And she tells Dick he is going to regret putting his trust into Prick.  Go Phyllis!  And, in fairness to Phyllis, she thinks she needs others to help her solve this.  But she is an idiot, because if she believes Coma Jack, which says she does, then she should keep her mouth shut.  In any case, it is entertaining as hell to watch all of them believe that Coma Jack is “speaking” to her, and for Prick to continue to dig his deep hole of denial.  Two fun things to come:  Prick finds out he shot Jack, not Marco, and Prick finds out Gabe is Adam.  Unfortunately for us, he will turn all that to his favour.  And he will be the victim.

Today Prick was holding court with all the visitors, first it was Phyllis yesterday, now Pricktoria, and then Ash.  And now that EB has that paunch, it really does appear like he is the fat cat mobster.  Maybe they should kiss his ring.  The only thing I could think of when Ash was sitting across from him was, how could you ever sleep with this contemptible brute.  I thought it way back in the 80s too.  Prick is impressed that Dick and Vic are trying to con Gabe.  He’s talking to Vic about her plan to bring down Gabe working with Billy and he calls Billy: that punk.  This doesn’t bother Vic.  She says Abs is not involved cause she is a light-weight blonde bimbo using her sexual wiles to do biz deals.  Prick sees no problem with his daughter doing that and reminds Vic that Abs is his blood, his daughter, and all of his children matter to him and will be loyal.  Oh Prick, let’s wait and see you make a meal of those words.  When Ash shows up, he says to her that he thought she washed her hands of him, and she says, you thought wrong.  She says that Abs is doing okay as COO but is very stressed out.  That she Ash also is very upset that her brother could die and her baby daddy could go to jail.  Prick is disgusting and smug and contemptible throughout this.  I don’t really get how people don’t lunge across the table at him.  Phyllis should do it!  I guess my Prick loathing is making it hard for me to watch this show, but as I said yesterday, EB is making weird acting choices.  Ash begs him to tell her the whole story, and Prick says she is accusing him of a myriad of crimes, going to the PARK to kill someone else and then shooting Jack in self-defense.  He then points out that Phyllis BSC with her little piece of paper and Ash is in danger of going down the crazy hole with her.  Somewhat distasteful Prick considering Ash’s prior mental health issues.

Jack’s bed has become Gabe’s confessional, making it the second one in the hospital.  He is telling Jack all about how Chelz knows, and how he is maybe relieved that she does.  But then Billy walks in, and I have to say, I think they have sandblasted or botoxed his face, cause it is smoother and less ancient looking but he is still not really Billy to me.  That’s okay, I can watch Billy over in PC playing with children he doesn’t know are his.

Billy is upset with the amount of time Gabe is spending with Jack.  Gabe:  You want to kill me.  Billy:  Yeah, there was a time when I wanted nothing more than that, I have moved past it.  Of course he is talking about Gabe screwing Chelz, not Adam killing Delia.  The topic does switch to Delia, as Billy says he won’t lose Jack like he lost Delia.  Gabe says he understands suffering, and expresses his sympathy to Billy re Delia.  It’s a real emotional moment on Gabe’s part, and even Billy is moved by it, as later he tells Vic that he saw a side of Gabe he hadn’t seen before.  He says that Gabe is like he is guilty, worried, burdened.  But he still tells Coma Jack not to trust Gabe.  At this point, btw, we don’t know what Coma Jack can hear.  Weird line, when Billy says he was at the hospital and saw Gabe, Vic says:  Oh, Gabriel was visiting Jack?  Without any actual snark.  Strange.  Perhaps she hadn’t read her script beforehand.

So ultimately Gabe tells Chelz that he is going to tell the truth.  Gabe tells her that Billy talking about Delia made him change his mind.  His remorse over Delia.  He says he didn’t tell Billy because he thought he would turn him in right then.  Gabe and Chelz have a moment and he seems sincere (I think he is completely conning her).  Then he has a touching scene with Connor.

Phyllis is with Coma Jack still trying to communicate to figure out what the 2 means.  She grabs his hand. Later she is with Ash and they decide that Drinki is the only one to get the truth from Prick.  Meanwhile, all the Newbots hear about the emergency meeting.  

Previews:  Gabe, with the Newbots, about to tell them something, says:  Gabe Bingham is gone as of now; Phyllis to Drinki: you are the only who can get the truth from Prick; Prick to Marisa:  Who the hell are you, and she tells him they have a mutual friend.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 10

Vacation Alert, no banannacaps for at least a week.  I am back mid-week and then also, more vacation alert, I am away for another week the following week.  I will give you a heads-up before I go again.

I may get to watch snippets while away this time and so you may see posts, but no recaps.

• Love 7

I don't think Summer has to be a super bitch to be interesting but whatever they're currently doing with her isn't working. I really don't even know what they're doing with her, actually. And her thing with Kyle doesn't gross me out it's just boring as fuck.

I agree with you so much. I don't hate Summer and I don't like her. Kyle and Summer are boring as fuck. I liked her much better with Fen. I really don't get all the Summer hate. She hasn't done much to be so hated. I get not being loved but holy fuck she takes a lot of bashing for a character that has not done much at all. Makes me not hate her.

• Love 1

let me just add, the entire city gets overtaken by all things Stampede;

I miss cowtown.... used to live there many moons ago. Stampede is the best.. is electric avenue still thriving? My gf from BC gets here saturday and we are headed to PEI and then off to Halifax for pride weekend.. such a blast.

• Love 2

I agree with you so much. I don't hate Summer and I don't like her. Kyle and Summer are boring as fuck. I liked her much better with Fen. I really don't get all the Summer hate. She hasn't done much to be so hated. I get not being loved but holy fuck she takes a lot of bashing for a character that has not done much at all. Makes me not hate her.

A few months ago Summer had an important scene. I thought the actor who plays her did a decent job. I wouldn't have given her an Emmy, but I thought she was fine. When I came in here, though, someone bashed her and was really nasty about it--I swear, you'd think the poor girl set a puppy on fire. 

• Love 2

I miss cowtown.... used to live there many moons ago. Stampede is the best.. is electric avenue still thriving? My gf from BC gets here saturday and we are headed to PEI and then off to Halifax for pride weekend.. such a blast.

Electric Avenue is long gone, but there are many place downtown now.  I love both PEI and Halifax, have fun!

• Love 2
(edited)

No surprise, Chelsea ran in at the last second to stop Gabe from saying he's Adam. That was a bad cover story though, restructuring? lol 

Sage is an idiot, she's lucky the one person who already knew Gabe was Adam found her "Dear Nick" letter and took it. 

Victor still insists Jack had a gun and now Gabe took it. Now he probably had the cop plant  a fake gun. Victor is disgusting. I hope he stays in jail forever, there's no redemption.  I hope Paul's not stupid on tomorrow's show to believe that Gabe hid a gun in Chelsea's apartment drawer in the living room where Conner can get it. 

I like that Marissa was actually the smartest woman to visit Victor. She got his number. She didn't offer up any information at all, she saw he wasn't answering anything and just asking his own questions. I think Marissa is going to be too smart for Noah, may be pair her with Joe.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 7
I really don't get all the Summer hate. She hasn't done much to be so hated. I get not being loved but holy fuck she takes a lot of bashing for a character that has not done much at all.

There have been many articulate even eloquent posts on this board about the reasons for Summer hate. I have no issue with HK. But the character, I won't even get started (because as I said, lots of posts over the last months).

• Love 7

No surprise, Chelsea ran in at the last second to stop Gabe from saying he's Adam. That was a bad cover story though, restructuring? lol 

Sage is an idiot, she's lucky the one person who already knew Gabe was Adam found her "Dear Nick" letter and took it. 

Victor still insists Jack had a gun and now Gabe took it. Now he probably had the cop plant  a fake gun. Victor is disgusting. I hope he stays in jail forever, there's no redemption.  I hope Paul's not stupid on tomorrow's show to believe that Gabe hid a gun in Chelsea's apartment drawer in the living room where Conner can get it. 

I like that Marissa was actually the smartest woman to visit Victor. She got his number. She didn't offer up any information at all, she saw he wasn't answering anything and just asking his own questions. I think Marissa is going to be too smart for Noah, may be pair her with Joe.

1. I thought Chelsea's interruption was an interesting twist. I got a kick out of the reactions, especially Abby's question about post-sex discussions.

2. I love Marisa, for everything that you mentioned. Her finding Sage in the park was a product of the writing, but I like how she's being used. I have to watch the scene you mentioned between her and Victor. I was in a different room and I liked what I heard. The Y & R isn't a podcast, though. I bet the looks they gave each other made the scene worthwhile.

3. Victor still makes me ill. Once again, I long for the days when all he was interested in was snagging Nikki.

• Love 6
(edited)

1. I thought Chelsea's interruption was an interesting twist. I got a kick out of the reactions, especially Abby's question about post-sex discussions.

2. I love Marisa, for everything that you mentioned. Her finding Sage in the park was a product of the writing, but I like how she's being used. I have to watch the scene you mentioned between her and Victor. I was in a different room and I liked what I heard. The Y & R isn't a podcast, though. I bet the looks they gave each other made the scene worthwhile.

3. Victor still makes me ill. Once again, I long for the days when all he was interested in was snagging Nikki.

1. The reactions were really funny. Abby and even Gnomie made me laugh. I'm liking the handling of Abby. She's clearly being seen as unqualified but her interactions have become really funny with Ashley et al. Stitch is still pointless and irritating. But at least he'll serve a purpose in the hospital now.
  2. Marisa was fantastic with Victor. They are giving this actress good material. And she can hold her own with EB. That's often a good test. He can make new young actors cower. Not her.
  3. So Victor had that dirty cop plant a gun. Interesting though. What gun? Marco's gun -- but how would Victor get it? 
Edited by miamama
  • Love 5

1. The reactions were really funny. Abby and even Gnomie made me laugh. I'm liking the handling of Abby. She's clearly being seen as unqualified but her interactions have become really funny with Ashley et al. Stitch is still pointless and irritating. But at least he'll serve a purpose in the hospital now.
  2. Marisa was fantastic with Victor. They are giving this actress good material. And she can hold her own with EB. That's often a good test. He can make new young actors cower. Not her.
  3. So Victor had that dirty cop plant a gun. Interesting though. What gun? Marco's gun -- but how would Victor get it? 

There's actually some not bad writing here. And I say that with full awareness of some of the crap we've been subjected to from time to time. All those characters were within reason, in terms of development, and the big delay was a soap staple, too.

But, question here: has MTS had some facial work done? She looks a bit stretched, or something. It's not nice.

• Love 2
  • The reactions were really funny. Abby and even Gnomie made me laugh. I'm liking the handling of Abby. She's clearly being seen as unqualified but her interactions have become really funny with Ashley et al. Stitch is still pointless and irritating. But at least he'll serve a purpose in the hospital now.
  • Marisa was fantastic with Victor. They are giving this actress good material. And she can hold her own with EB. That's often a good test. He can make new young actors cower. Not her.
  • So Victor had that dirty cop plant a gun. Interesting though. What gun? Marco's gun -- but how would Victor get it? 

I'm wondering if this gun isn't going to be covered in Marco's fingerprints, not Jack's. That should raise some eyebrows : looking at YOU Paul.

Two thumbs up to Marisa! She's got good timing and looks.

Abby telling Kyle that she knew what private meant even if he didn't. Lol! Abby looked great BTW.

• Love 5