Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

so Avery having Lily's Skuzz soaked panties means nothing, since they changed the storyline to a real rape? So they just had the head scratching bit with Lily going to someone she barely knows to borrow panties and a tiny dress that wouldn't cover one Averyboob. (I have this picture in my mind of Lily walking along holding up Avery's panties over ,her non-existent hips.

I'm glad I don't watch and only read the vastly superior recaps.

Maybe Adam will take wounded Jack to the more or less complete hospital Sage set up in Bear Trap Manor.

• Love 11
so Avery having Lily's Skuzz soaked panties means nothing, since they changed the storyline to a real rape? So they just had the head scratching bit with Lily going to someone she barely knows to borrow panties and a tiny dress that wouldn't cover one Averyboob. (I have this picture in my mind of Lily walking along holding up Avery's panties over ,her non-existent hips.

I think when the cops sweep Avery's place they will pick up the dress (or undergarments, eww) and have proof that Joe's semen is on Avery's dirty laundry. Avery was attacked outside her apartment (not in the park), so I'll bet she went upstairs, changed and then went to the hospital.

Maybe Adam will take wounded Jack to the more or less complete hospital Sage set up in Bear Trap Manor.

Oh god, right. I forgot about that place. The sets are ridiculous right now. They are clearly making up for how much February's BIG DRAMA sets cost. I mean seriously Marco would keep a bulletproof vest in the all-purpose LAB???

• Love 5

I think when the cops sweep Avery's place they will pick up the dress (or undergarments, eww) and have proof that Joe's semen is on Avery's dirty laundry. Avery was attacked outside her apartment (not in the park), so I'll bet she went upstairs, changed and then went to the hospital.

Avery is so far past her sell-by date that she's starting to curl up and discolour at the edges. I like the actress herself; she seems accomplished and pretty diversified, but the character-writing tanked here. She's overwritten, just as Sharon is--to wit, both characters said on yesterday's CDN [don't make me testify to that], "I'm not a victim," or words to that effect. Hmmm. Yer words may say that, girls, but the actions they're stickin' you with say otherwise.

The exception here, of course, is Sacred Summer [sacred as in sacred cow, except that's doing a disservice to all bovine entities]. Summer must not suffer any further; she must arrive, unsolicited, to bleat out unasked-for wisdom.

Women under fifty on this show have two items to choose from on the "Template fer Wimmen" menu: pregnancy and/or rape. Beyond about forty-five, you're probably a curdled career woman, a curdled career woman with horrendous taste in men [Ashley, I love you--please try to do better], or invisible/off-canvas.

Now, having said that, and having referred to the potentially miraculous, did my eyes and ears deceive me yesterday? Did someone put something in my Kangaroo Blanc? Does Nikki have a little Stoli Stash somewhere she's not telling us about? 'Cause, my girl, you ate that dialogue yesterday and spat it out again in gold bullets in your scene with Sharon. You can do bitch so well, you should stick with it.

• Love 9
(edited)
Avery is so far past her sell-by date that she's starting to curl up and discolour at the edges. I like the actress herself; she seems accomplished and pretty diversified, but the character-writing tanked here. She's overwritten, just as Sharon is--to wit, both characters said on yesterday's CDN [don't make me testify to that], "I'm not a victim," or words to that effect. Hmmm. Yer words may say that, girls, but the actions they're stickin' you with say otherwise.

I cannot stand HER. Fucking go away already. They should have gone with the original story that she framed Joe and is never actually raped. The writing had turned her so loathsome that it would have been satisfying to see her be an asshole and get caught for it. Watching her with her fake bruises and trauma reactions made me roll my eyes. Honestly the thought of a woman being raped and beaten makes me cry. It's just so horrid and sad. But with Avery, I don't give a FUCK.

Why did they stop that original story? I don't actually see what was so bad about it. Avery is no saint. They just turned her into one once JG arrived. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 8

I think when the cops sweep Avery's place they will pick up the dress (or undergarments, eww) and have proof that Joe's semen is on Avery's dirty laundry.

But if Joe didn't do it, that DNA wouldn't match DNA evidence found on Avery.

• Love 5

Avery is so far past her sell-by date that she's starting to curl up and discolour at the edges. I like the actress herself; she seems accomplished and pretty diversified, but the character-writing tanked here. 

This is what happens when you get paired with Dullen.

• Love 6

Also, if she tried to fight her attacker off (and has biological evidence under her fingernails from scratching etc.), the attacker would likely have injuries consistent with being hit or scratched. I didn't see the episode so I don't know if she did struggle or fight back, but from what I remember of Joe in yesterday's episode, he didn't have any visible injuries. But I don't expect the Keystone Kops to take that into account before they arrest him!

• Love 7

I cannot stand HER. Fucking go away already. They should have gone with the original story that she framed Joe and is never actually raped. The writing had turned her so loathsome that it would have been satisfying to see her be an asshole and get caught for it. Watching her with her fake bruises and trauma reactions made me roll my eyes. Honestly the thought of a woman being raped and beaten makes me cry. It's just so horrid and sad. But with Avery, I don't give a FUCK.

Why did they stop that original story? I don't actually see what was so bad about it. Avery is no saint. They just turned her into one once JG arrived. 

I admit, watching those scenes, I know I was supposed to feel bad for her but I didn't cause I hate her and cause she is stupid.  I know that is wrong, but this is how the writers destroyed this character.  I was also disappointed that Joe had an audio memory of slapping her, cause I hoped she was making that shit.  They are making it hard for me to drool over Joe by making him an abusive asshole. But I am 100% convinced he is not the rapist. I am 98% convinced it is a not dead Austin.

• Love 10

You are all making very good points.  Hopefully they have Austin's DNA on file from when he shot Paulie Smotheredscrotum.  I hate to think it was Farco, but wasn't he in the park waiting for Prick around when Easy Bake was attacked?  I don't know what motive he would have though.  Nope it's gonna be Austin.

On another note, if it turns out that through a series of misunderstandings and crossed purposes, Prick isn't guilty of anything more than kidnapping Jack and trying to fool everyone with Farco so he can get Jabot (nothing he hasn't gotten away with before) and Farco is really the heinous face behind all the killing, raping and pillaging, then Prick is no longer the all powerful demi-god he's been portrayed as.  What then Pratt?  Huh?  What then?

• Love 5

crowswork quote

Oh, I hope that's the case because I do not want to lose (the real) Jack.  I was pissed when they brought in the twin brother of Gloria's husband and then offed the good twin.  Do not kill Jack!, Pratt, whose own doppelganger still won't watch the show!

• Love 3

Oh, I hope that's the case because I do not want to lose (the real) Jack.  I was pissed when they brought in the twin brother of Gloria's husband and then offed the good twin.  Do not kill Jack!, Pratt, whose own doppelganger still won't watch the show!

He won't die, Molly, er Chuck. He is INVINCIBLE, my Candy Ass is!!!

• Love 6

Prick shoots either Marco or Jack as we saw yesterday, and when Gabe rushes out and says to Prick, what have you done, Prick says Jack was reaching for his gun.  Gabe says, he’s dead.  You killed him.  You killed my father.  Prick, very calm and indifferent:  He was ready to shoot me.  Gabe:  Jack told people you were after him.  This was planned.  Prick says that Jack set up the meeting with Drinki, and Gabe says, tell  the police that, you killed my father because he called Drinki.  This was premeditated, I should let you hang for it.  And Prick says that Gabe won’t because he will help him for a price.  Gabe says he will clean up his mess if he gives him Newman Abbott.  Prick agrees and makes Gabe promise that there will be no evidence of the shooting.  Prick leaves, and Gabe tells Marco to get up, but it is not Marco it’s Jack.  Gabe doesn’t understand why he wasn’t wearing the vest.  Marco shows up and says, sorry I got held up.  He sees Jack and says, is that….?  And Gabe says:  Prick shot Jack.  Gabe says that Prick shot him point blank.  Marco says there is a pulse.  Gabe asks Marco where the hell he was Marco doesn’t answer that question.  Marco says that Jack was supposed to be dead.  Gabe says, you were supposed to be the one on the ground. Gabe is upset that the plan has gone horribly wrong, but Marco says nothing has changed, Prick shot Jack, stick with the plan and the script and you win everything.  Gabe looks overwhelmed and panicked. Gabe asks him what he’s going to do and he says:  What I do best, disappear.  And he is gone.  Paulie and the Keystone Cops show up with their guns drawn on Gabe but he says he is putting pressure on the wound and he can’t stop. 

Drinki is with Victoria at the GCAC, because she is so distraught over finding out that Sharon is preggers.  She also tells Vic about her conversation with Jack, and that Prick went to meet him in the park. Drinki is worried about what could happen, but then Prick arrives and orders a double tequila.  Drinki asks him if he saw Jack and he says he did but that she shouldn’t worry her pretty little head about it.  She presses him and he tells her that Jack wanted Gabe to have a more important position in the company.  Victoria wants to know what he wants, and Prick says he wants him to be CEO and run the whole damned company.  Vic asks what Prick would get in return, and he raises his glass and says:  Cheers.  He says he is just considering the suggestion.  Vic thinks Jack is blackmailing Prick.

Phyllis is with Avery, and she tells her about the rape and that she cannot prove that Joe did it.  Phyllis is furious and she wants to go after Joe.  Avery says she want Joe to suffer, she wants him dead.  Phyllis tries to reason with Avery, but Averys says she knows the law and Joe will get off.  She is very angry with Phyllis and tells her she doesn’t understand and she wants her to butt out.  She says she is alone in this, and that she wants to leave and go home alone. Phyllis tries to stop her but just then a shot Jack is being wheeled into the hospital, and Phyllis is stunned.  Gabe says he heard a gunshot and he found Jack, but the shooter had disappeared.  Chief Paul promises Phyllis that he will find the shooter. Hah!

Ash, Billy and Gnome are at the LAB having received a text from Jack to meet them there.  But it was actually Dummer who texted them because she wants to end this war now!  She wants them to go to the cops before anyone gets hurt.  Billy tells Dummer that this is normal behavior between Jack and Prick.  She says that the Abbotts started it, but Billy says there is no start of it, it has been going on for decades.  Ash says no one is going to the police.  Gnome says he will.  Ash gets a call from Gabe that Jack has been shot.

Dylan goes to Joe’s room and punches him out cold.  When Joe comes to, he is tied up on a chair.  Dylan accuses Joe of raping Avery.  He tells him to confess and Dylan will let him go.  Joe denies it.  Joe tells Dylan he is a maniac and will land in jail faster than you can spell PTSD.  Dylan keeps trying to get Joe to confess.  There is a knock at the door and it is Avery.  Avery tells Dylan that a confession would be inadmissible.  She accuses Joe of raping her and he is emotional and says he didn’t do it.  He says he wouldn’t hurt her but she says he did in their marriage and he admits that he lost it for two seconds but would never do this to her.  Avery tells Dylan to let him go, it is over.  Joe thanks her but she says she never wants to see him again.  She tells him if he goes to the police, she will report him violating his restraining order.  He again denies that he hurt her.  She says that the evidence the police have will either be enough or it won’t.

The Abbotts are at the hospital, plus Dummer.  Billy learns that Gabe found Jack and accuses him of being involved. Dummer is distraught that Jack has been shot, which is kind of funny since she was anti-Jack and wanted to send him to jail like five minutes ago.  Phyllis says this is crazy, Gabe did not shoot Jack, but I bet I know who did.

Victoria gets a call from Billy who tells her Jack has been shot in the park.  Drinki is alarmed, but Prick is calm.  He says:  Just now?  Jagabbid has been murdered?  He seems surprised to hear that Jack is alive, and Drinki wonders why that is.  Drinki says she is going to the hospital to see her friend and his family and she tells Prick to pray as if his life depended on it.

Marco shows up at Marisa’s room, and at first she thinks it is Jack, and then she realizes it is Marco.  He says it took him longer than he planned to get back to her.  He says she hasn’t forgotten him, and he never forgot her.  She says:  How could I ever forget you and goes to slap him, and he stops her with a slightly crazed look in his face.  They are struggling.  This is the way you greet me?  She calls him a coward, and a liar.  He says she just has to kiss him.  She bites him.  He tells her he did her a favour leaving her behind and putting distance between his enemies and her.  And that he ended up in a Peruvian prison.  And she said that now he is in this beautiful town and he says they are both there together, could it be any better.  She sees blood on his shirt but he says he is fine, and she worries about Jack, and he is intrigued that she is so worried about Jack.  He tells her Prick pulled the trigger.

Phyllis is trying to piece together what has happened.  She is pressing Ash, that they had some plan, a plan that Phyllis didn’t know about.  Ash tries to get her to focus on Jack.  Phyllis says the last time he was shot he became an addict.  Phyllis leaves, and tells Dummer to stay there and pray.  Gabe says that Phyllis is on the edge and should not be alone, and Dummer says what are you afraid of, that something is going to happen to my mom or to your precious little plan.  Gabe actually wastes his breath explaining to Dummer how much Jack means to him, and says she can’t possibly believe he would want this.  She says it makes life easier, it is one less person who knows what they did to her grandfather (?!), and he stands to gain from this.  He says he doesn’t care about the money and power.  Gnome wants to go to the police, again.  Billy says no, they stick to the story.  Drinki shows up and says she cannot believe it, and Ash says Jack is fighting for his life because of Prick, and Drinki knows it.

rick is now drinking in his office and Victoria shows up to confront him.  She thinks it is obvious he shot Jack, or at least people will think he did because of the embezzlement set-up and the promotion of Gabe.  Prick is blasé and says that he is not concerned. He did nothing to break the law.   She presses him about who shot Jack, and he says that Jack came there armed with the intention of cold-blooded murder.  That he was going to kill Prick.  He tells her that Jack threatened him with a gun right in that office.  Vic wants to know why he didn’t tell the police, and Prick says that Gabe was there and threatened to tell the police that the murder was committed in cold blood. And Vic calls Gabe a snake, and says it was blackmail after all.  Phyllis arrives and accuses Prick of shooting Jack.

Joe is now alone in his room. He calls Chief Paul.  While he is waiting he finds Avery’s bracelet on the carpet and then he hangs up without talking to anyone.  Avery tells Dylan that she lost her bracelet in his room, and Dylan wants to go back to Joe’s room.  WTF, a bracelet?  Then Avery tells Dylan that he should have stayed out of the whole thing, and blah blah.  She leaves.

Phyllis shows up at Prick’s office.  He says he is very sorry for what happened to Jack, but he had nothing to do with his injury.  Phyllis wants to know why Prick pulled her out of the coma and then saved Jack’s life.  Why did he bother to give us back our lives just to take it all away?  Prick:  He simply went too far with this embezzlement nonsense.  He knew I would protect myself and my family, but not with a gun. She demands that he deny it, and he says rather smugly:  Don't go too far.  I don't want you to make a big mistake tonight.  WTF? Phyllis says Prick is incapable of being decent and asks Vic to tell her.  Vic says she knows that Phyllis wants justice.  Phyllis admits that she doesn’t know what Jack did, whether he framed Prick; regardless it is nothing Prick himself wouldn't have done.  She says to Vic:  I am asking you, are you going to protect your father?  When you know Jack's blood is on his hands?  Vic looks conflicted.  Prick looks smug. And we all know Vic will protect Daddy Dearest.

Ash wants to know if Drinki knows what happened to Jack.  She says she has been praying for Jack.  Ash is disgusted with Drinki--seriously that is all you've got?  My brother is in critical condition and you are protecting Prick?    Drinki goes to leave.  The doctor comes out and says that Jack lost a lot of blood and he is in a coma.

Marisa is being nicer to Marco now and he likes it.  He says he has a plane ready and they are going to fly to the Caribbean.  She senses something and accuses him of intending to leave without her.  He says he wants her to come with him.  She says yes, but first she has to see if Jack is okay.  He is unimpressed and says she needs to do what she needs to do, and so will he.  She pulls a gun on him, and he smiles—because presumably it is the fake gun.

Previews:  At the hospital, Neil tells Drinki she has to tell Paul what she knows, and Drinki is crying:  Kevin, Dylan, and Noah are l looking at video footage and they see Jack twice, with 4 minutes in between; Marisa has a gun on Marco and he tells her to pull the trigger because he is never going to turn himself in.

• Love 8
(edited)

Is Avery stupid? Who gets raped and then goes to the alleged rapist's room to confront him? She keeps saying she's afraid of him but her actions say otherwise.  Isn't she violating the restraining order herself? What a fecking disasster this s/l has morphed into.

ETA: Victor can go fuck himself. #notrootingfor Victor

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 11

Yes, I busy raping Avery... er no, I was picking up some copra in Guam, yeah that's it.

I don't see how.  In yesterday's ep, when Marco and Gabe arrive at the park Avery has already been raped.  And before that they were in the LAB get suited up for the shooting.

Crazily, I think we are supposed to believe that Marco went to the other side of the park, and just was late coming back.  Stupid, I know.

Other things that make no sense:  How did Marco know where Marisa was and what her room number was?

Is Avery stupid? Who gets raped and then goes to the alleged rapist's room to confront him? She keeps saying she's afraid of him but her actions say otherwise.  Isn't she violating the restraining order herself? What a fecking disasster this s/l has morphed into.

ETA: Victor can go fuck himself. #notrootingfor Victor

Yes, she is stupid.  She lures the man she is supposedly so afraid of to a dark park.  And says demeaning things to him.  Then when she is raped, she goes to confront him in his hotel room alone.  She didn't know Dylan would be there.  And WTF would she care about the bracelet?

I am thinking the bracelet is a set-up?  And maybe Lily's undies will be too, that maybe she realizes there is no evidence so she will contrive it?

• Love 9
(edited)

Yes, I busy raping Avery... er no, I was picking up some copra in Guam, yeah that's it.

You know, all this time I've been trying to think of who would have attacked her. As someone else said, if it was Joe, that would be too obvious. Although I don't want to touch the storyline with a 10 foot pole, I'd buy Marco as Avery's attacker...I guess. [ETA: bannana brought up a good point. There are only so many people who could have assaulted Avery. The other day I thought someone would try to tie things to Sharon, but honestly...I have no idea who did it.]

On a more positive note, I'm still interested in Marco's storyline. When it comes to devious doppelgängers on soaps, I'm used to seeing a few scenes involving Person A contrasted with Person B. Eventually, there's a climactic episode that involves a big confrontation where the doubles are surrounded by onlookers who can't tell who's who. A very familiar pattern unfolds that I've grown tired of. Yet with Marco and Jack--even with its touches of predictability--I feel like there are a few interesting twists that have yet to unfold. 

Goodness knows, I can't say the same for the rest of the show. I don't see Avery or Sharon's stories ending well at all.

Edited by C76
  • Love 5
Crazily, I think we are supposed to believe that Marco went to the other side of the park, and just was late coming back.  Stupid, I know.

Other things that make no sense:  How did Marco know where Marisa was and what her room number was?

I'm assuming Marco saw Jack and held back to let it play out. 

I don't think he had anything to do with Avery. I don't see any motive whatsoever. It just makes a mess of his life.

Re: Marisa's room: Did Marco possibly get a hold of Jack's broken cellphone when he checked his pulse? Her room number was on that. But I kind of sense Marco is like Victor (which I don't mind because it's PB): He knows all and can suss out lies etc. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Is Avery stupid? Who gets raped and then goes to the alleged rapist's room to confront him?

I have deleted my original post as I forgot that I had not watched the whole show today which would have answered my question. So..nevermind. Lol.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4

Okay, watched it and it is absolutely unclear how Marco knew where Marisa was staying. But they were great together. God Peter plays the characters so differently.

EB seems to have fallen asleep again. Even when he shot Jack he hardly seemed to have energy to hold the gun up. 

And SHUT UP, SUMMER! Oh my god, who thinks it's at all appealing to listen to this asshole telling people twice her age what to do? And why does she holler only at Abbotts? Whenever HK is in Gnomie's vicinity he becomes horrid. It's uncanny. I've found him quite tolerable with the Abbotts. But today he sucked balls again because the self-righteous moron was around.

GT was good. I thought she played her scenes in such a nice understated way. 

I can't watch Avery any more. I just can't do it. This whole she's "broken" crap is not flying with me. I just feel sorry for Joe as the squat tree Dylan and Square Head Avery emote all over him.

Note to Pratt: Self-righteous people are loathsome.

• Love 13

Why is Summer? Why does she speak? Why does she...be?

If you've got a grill, she's all up in it. Doesn't matter if it's dental, propane, or charcoal. I, for one, am tingling with anticipation to see how Avery's assault is all about Summer, because of course it is. Do you know why Billy aged ten years overnight? You're thinking recast, but it was exposure to Summer. Why did Adam get his Gabe face on and return to Genoa City? Fear of missing Summer's pearls of wisdom. Devon and Hillary shouldn't be blamed for their nasty affair; they were swept away on the romantic tides of Summer. Neil ached to get his sight back so he could have but one more glimpse of...Summer. Summer sweated into a tiny glass bottle and Ashley called it Hex.

When she's done inspiring Jack back to health, she'll exonerate Victor and then miraculously charm the pants off Paul. If you think there's a story Summer can't be wedged into like a toxic suppository, think again, my friends.

• Love 19

This shit is crazy. 

No kidding.

I kinda feel like too much is happening all at once but I guess this is better than nothing happening at all.

Yes! I love Jack/Farco, and am left wondering what the hell is happening elsewhere. But in some ways, like you, I know it could be worse. The action in today and yesterday's episodes could take a week to go down. And in the hands of other writers, it probably would.

Why is Summer? Why does she speak? Why does she...be?

If you've got a grill, she's all up in it. Doesn't matter if it's dental, propane, or charcoal. I, for one, am tingling with anticipation to see how Avery's assault is all about Summer, because of course it is. Do you know why Billy aged ten years overnight? You're thinking recast, but it was exposure to Summer. Why did Adam get his Gabe face on and return to Genoa City? Fear of missing Summer's pearls of wisdom. Devon and Hillary shouldn't be blamed for their nasty affair; they were swept away on the romantic tides of Summer. Neil ached to get his sight back so he could have but one more glimpse of...Summer. Summer sweated into a tiny glass bottle and Ashley called it Hex.

When she's done inspiring Jack back to health, she'll exonerate Victor and then miraculously charm the pants off Paul. If you think there's a story Summer can't be wedged into like a toxic suppository, think again, my friends.

This^...This entire post has to be the best description of Summer Madness, bar none. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Either Jack wakes up with amnesia (AND after Summer and the scoobies harass him - it's their job) - Adam will clue him in in case he doesn't remember and they will plot a 'father son' takeover of Newbot. (CAuse you can pass multi nationals around like Pokémon cards)
Adam IS the baby daddy and Sage makes him keep quiet. it complicates the baby-swap.

When she's done inspiring Jack back to health, she'll exonerate Victor and then miraculously charm the pants off Paul. If you think there's a story Summer can't be wedged into like a toxic suppository, think again, my friends

well the writing is rectal.

Edited by crowswork
  • Love 6
(edited)

Summer ruined the hospital scenes, why is she there just to act like Victor isn't the one who did this and blame Jack? She doesn't care about him, just her precious innocent grandfather. 

There's just too much Summer in this story PERIOD.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 11

Avery tells Dylan that he should have stayed out of the whole thing

Then why the holy hell did she keep calling him instead of the police???

BTW, great recap, as always :)

• Love 7
(edited)
There's just too much Summer in this story PERIOD.

There is too much Summer on this show, I would say. I hate Abby and am not clamouring for more air time for MO but she would have made much more sense in all the scenes they gave to Summer. Victor is her father and knowing her mother's family is framing him would be tough to take. Plus she is genuinely close to all the Abbotts (and shares their blood) and so could rip into them without it feeling so vicious and out of place like it does with Summer.

I hope we see a lot of lashing of the Newmans when the truth comes out. If Pratt chose to have Victor shoot Jack (mistakenly or not), there has to be some serious consequences for it. Letting Victor get away with blowing Jack Abbott away at point blank range at all, let alone after everything he's done to him and his family the past months is horrid. And stupid.

And now Victoria will keep her father's secret? That he SHOT Jack and left him for dead?

I do not understand this skewed writing for the Newmans and the Abbotts. 

But just watch. Somehow Jack will be at fault.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 8

The longest day in Genoa City continues. 

Marisa has a gun on Marco and says she is going to turn him in and reveal his identity.  He tells her to shoot.  He says he is never going to turn himself in.  She doesn’t shoot, and he says she still loves him.  Marisa says that doesn’t change what he did to Jack, impersonating him, stealing his life.  Marco says he merely went along with another man’s plan, a man he admires, but doesn’t trust.  Marco says Prick is just like him; he will do whatever he needs to do to get what he wants.  Later, he’s ready to leave but Marisa wants to call and check on Jack.  He says:  Why? If he’s dead, he’s dead. Do you think he cares about you?  He says he is happy to be leaving, these people are scum, hiding behind their estates, their companies, and their charities, all the while pretending to be honourable.  She says she is tired of running, and asks him what he is offering her.  He is offering her a flight to paradise.  He says they are not like these people.  He says he loves her.  He says it is her choice.

Phyllis confronts Victoria and asks her if her father shot Jack.  Phyllis says if she knows the truth, she has blood on her hands just like Prick does.  Victoria denies that her father shot Jack, and Phyllis says she truly is her father’s daughter and that she lacks any integrity.  Phyllis leaves and Victoria for the 1,000th time says to her father that she lied to protect him.  She wants to know why he doesn’t just tell the police he shot Jack in self defence.  He says it’s complicated.  She’s angry and stomps out.

Billy gets into it with Gabe about his role in the shooting, and Ash says the bigger question is why was Jack in the park in the first place.  Drinki overhears this and looks uneasy.  Ash implies that it was Jack’s biggest enemy, and Dummer starts whining about how her sainted grandfather never do such a thing as shoot Jack.  Please please please tell me that some day soon this idiot is going to find out  that Austin raped Avery and Prick tortured etc etc Jack, so that we can wipe that smug look off her stupid face.

Sharon is at CL reading an online article about taking medication during pregnancy.  And then she throws out her pills. I just knew that she was lying when she said she had discussed it with her doctor and it was okay to take the meds.  Noah and Dylan show up and tell Sharon about Jack being shot.  The police want to see Dylan’s security footage because apparently CL is on the way to the park!  Dylan tells Sharon that Avery was raped and that he went to Joe’s room and almost did something stupid but he stopped himself.  Okay.  He says it is in the cop’s hands.  Noah is chastising Mariah for “testing” Sharon by making her doubt Dylan.  Kevin shows up at CL and has a theory that Jack’s shooting is linked to the killings.  Jack was a target of Austin’s expose so maybe that is the connection.  Sharon tells Mariah that Jack was always a good friend to her.  Mariah and Sharon have a heart to heart and Sharon says that she will always love her and forgive her.

Paul wants to interview Jack but he’s in a coma.  Hah!  Drinki is upset that Jack might die and that Prick is the reason why.  She sneaks into Jack’s room.  She talks to Jack and says she is sorry she didn’t meet him in the park.   She says she can’t lose her friend and her husband can’t be his murderer, and Gabe is listening in.

Gabe heads over to Prick’s office to warn him that Drinki suspects him.  Gabe tells Prick it is good news that Jack is in a coma and can’t tell the cops he shot him, but Drinki can.  Prick says Drinki wouldn’t betray him.  Prick laughs at Gabe.  He is marveling that Gabe may be trying to blackmail him.  Gabe wants to know if he is going to honour the deal they made.  Prick says he shot Jack in self-defence, he had a gun.  Gabe says there was no gun, and Prick accuses him of getting rid of it.  Gabe says he didn’t.  Gabe says that the truth is that Prick is going to have live with shooting an unarmed man while Gabe runs his company.  Prick stands up and mumbles something I couldn’t understand, and Gabe says he doesn’t make threats, and says “nice desk” and leaves.

Phyllis apparently truly got her brain back because she sees Drinki leaving Jack’s room and figures out that Drinki is going to cover for Prick, just like Victoria.  Drinki denies this.  Neil shows up and Phyllis tells him to get lost because she needs to talk to Drinki, but Drinki tells him to stay.  Drinki, you are a wimp!  Phyllis accuses the two of them, friends of Jack’s, covering up what Prick did.  She even manages to remind them that Drinki covered for Neil when they mowed down Christine.  Phyllis unloads on the two of them and it was pretty damned good.  Drinki says she has something to tell Phyllis; but that was a lie, she says something about the police finding his killer.  Phyllis continues to press them, Victoria shows up, and then Paul arrives and says he wants a list of all of Jack's contacts—they are going to interview everyone, starting with Prick.

A keystone cop and Kevin and Dylan are reviewing the security footage and say they are looking for a needle in a haystack and that they don’t know when the shooting occurred.  Really?  Sharon says she was a witness, she heard a loud pop, when she was on the phone.  With this information they can now zero in on the time Jack was shot.  Wow.  They see Jack nine minutes before the gunshot.  And then again four minutes later.  They wonder whether he walked around the block, but they say he couldn’t do that in 3.5 minutes, so they must have Vegas blocks in GC.  Maybe he crossed the street and then crossed back over.  Or maybe something else.

Mariah and Sharon are talking about the baby and Mariah is excited about being a true big sister.  It’s a nice moment, if we all didn’t think that they are going to make Sharon go crazy and steal a baby or something.

Prick arrives at the hospital, disgustingly smug, and Billy tells him he is not welcome.  He says: Hello, Billy Boy.  Argh. And Billy says that Prick is maybe here to finish the job and kill Jack.  Dummer is offended on behalf of her dear grandpa.  She says that the Abbotts set up her grandfather.  And then Ash says it was not a set-up, it was a computer glitch, they have someone on it, investigating blah blah.  Paul can now drop the charges against Prick, who still has that smug look on his face.  Gabe backs her up.  Paul still wants to question Prick and wants to know where he was at the time of the shooting.

Drinki and Neil are talking about wanting a drink, and she tells him that Prick shot Jack.  Neil tells her to tell Paul what she knows.  She is worried that it will affect her relationship with her children.  Hah!  She doesn’t know how she can betray the love of her life.

Phyllis is talking to Jack in his coma.  He doesn’t wake up.  A nurse brings Phyllis Jack’s personal belongings, and she realizes that his wedding ring is missing.

Prick tells Paul that he was with Victoria all evening and she backs him up.  Drinki overhears this and realizes that she cannot tell Paul what she knows now that Victoria has lied.   But, later, Prick says he is heading home, and would Drinki like a ride back to her hotel.  She says, no, she can take care of herself.  Paul wants to question Gabe, but Drinki says she has something to tell him.  She tells him that Jack called her and asked her to meet him in the park, but she didn't go.  But Prick did.  Prick was stunned!  Heee!!!!

Marisa and Marco are driving to the airport.  She says she could tell almost immediately that Jack was not Marco.  When she kissed him.  He says:  You kissed that guy?  Then she asks him about how he pulled it off, and how Phyllis didn’t realize he was an imposter on their wedding night and he said he was just that good.  Marisa realizes they are heading the wrong direction for the airport, which is weird since she just arrived in this country earlier today.  Marco said he thought it would be good to head north and she says she is not stupid, he thinks she is a liability and he is going to kill her.  She says he doesn’t have to kill her.  She loves him, just as he said, and she won’t tell anyone what he’s done.  Marco:  Not even Jack Abbott, about whose health you have been so concerned?  She says what good would killing her do, if Jack survives, he knows the truth too.  Marco says then Jack cannot survive either.  She turns the wheel on the car and the car swerves.

BTW, PB is really trying to have Marco have an accent, which kind of works.  But maybe it is distracting. However, his acting is superb and he really does play Marco as if he is a different person altogether.

Billy is still speaking to Victoria, why, I don’t know.  He even says:  My brother might die and I am sure your father is involved.  And then they go for a coffee.  Sheesh.

Dummer apologizes to Gnome about betraying him and telling Paul what Gnome had confided about the set-up.  Gnome is upset about Jack, and admits that he hasn’t been the same since the building collapse.  He hopes that when he wakes up he will get his old dad back. Hah!

Previews:  Jack to Gabe in front of Phyllis, Paul and Chelz in the hospital:  You’ve been lying about who you are.  Phyllis:  What are you talking about?  Jack:  He’s Adam Newman.  And Chelz’ eyes bug right out of her head.  Noah sees Marisa, she is soaking wet and about to collapse, it looks like at the UG.  Hey, perhaps a romance between these two?  Billy to Vic:  I set up Prick for embezzlement.  (it was difficult to determine if he said I or we.)

• Love 13

Fuck.

Typical Pratt bullshit.  Women must be crazy, all the time, day and night.  I'm so sick of the misogyny on this show.  Victor, Dick, Dullyn, et al get to lose their shit constantly, but that's okay because they are "protecting" their loved ones.  Women must never have a good reason for anything they do other then "bitches be crazy".

• Love 12

Thanks patsy..

wasn't there a spoiler about Sharon telling Dylan something for today's cdn?

A spoiler said she confesses something. All she does mention is that she heard the shot which at first she thought was car backfiring. 

Typical Pratt bullshit.  Women must be crazy, all the time, day and night.  I'm so sick of the misogyny on this show.  Victor, Dick, Dullyn, et al get to lose their shit constantly, but that's okay because they are "protecting" their loved ones.  Women must never have a good reason for anything they do other then "bitches be crazy".

He needs to knock it the hell off. This is a real disease affecting millions and this asshat insults the sufferers constantly. Same with Michael s/l. Total bullshit.

• Love 9

This has been consistent on the show for awhile. Nick grieves his child and gets to fuck around and have a new little family and lie about paternity. He's just sad. Sharon on the other hand, who has a bona fide mental illness, is a nut who deserves to be town pariah.

Billy abducts and terrorizes Adam for what he did re: Delia. Poor Billy. No one blames him because he's sad. Chloe kidnaps Connor (though returns the child unharmed) because she is wracked with grief and because Connor has her daughter's corneas, but she is sent to Fairview.

Dylan is a fucking freak who kidnaps a newborn baby and beats people up regularly. But he's a hero all round.

It's such bullshit.

• Love 13
(edited)

Phyllis confronts Victoria and asks her if her father shot Jack.  Phyllis says if she knows the truth, she has blood on her hands just like Prick does.  Victoria denies that her father shot Jack, and Phyllis says she truly is her father’s daughter and that she lacks any integrity.  Phyllis leaves and Victoria for the 1,000th time says to her father that she lied to protect him.  She wants to know why he doesn’t just tell the police he shot Jack in self defence.  He says it’s complicated.  She’s angry and stomps out.

Bohemian is a piece of fucking garbage.

Sharon is at CL reading an online article about taking medication during pregnancy.  And then she throws out her pills.

Sharon makes no sense. Is she forgetting what happened when she forgot to take her pill for one day? She really thinks she can make it through an entire pregnancy unmedicated without going completely off the rails?

Dylan tells Sharon that Avery was raped and that he went to Joe’s room and almost did something stupid but he stopped himself.

Why the fuck is Dullen telling Sharon about Avery's rape? That's none of her business and it isn't his place to reveal that kind of information.

Phyllis apparently truly got her brain back because she sees Drinki leaving Jack’s room and figures out that Drinki is going to cover for Prick, just like Victoria.  Drinki denies this.  Neil shows up and Phyllis tells him to get lost because she needs to talk to Drinki, but Drinki tells him to stay.  Drinki, you are a wimp!  Phyllis accuses the two of them, friends of Jack’s, covering up what Prick did.  She even manages to remind them that Drinki covered for Neil when they mowed down Christine.  Phyllis unloads on the two of them and it was pretty damned good.

I get Phyllis going off on Nikki but what does Neil have to do with this? Why would he know whether or not Victor shot Jack? And even if he did what is he supposed to do?

Sharon says she was a witness, she heard a loud pop, when she was on the phone.

Who was Sharon on the phone with when Jack got shot?

Marisa realizes they are heading the wrong direction for the airport, which is weird since she just arrived in this country earlier today.  Marco said he thought it would be good to head north and she says she is not stupid, he thinks she is a liability and he is going to kill her.

She should have just asked him to stop at a gas station so she could pee or get food or something. Or wait until they were at a stop light and jump put. No one ever uses their brain.

Billy is still speaking to Victoria, why, I don’t know.  He even says:  My brother might die and I am sure your father is involved.  And then they go for a coffee.  Sheesh.

Old Ass Dirty Ass Billy is so gross.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

I don't get why billy puts mop on such a pedestal? He's no prize in the relationship stakes but this woman lets her father abuse/harass/commit crimes vs him and his family on a daily basis and sometimes helps in his schemes. Any person in their right mind would be done with her. I'm not getting the appeal for him.

• Love 7

Where do I even...

Sharon, no. Just no. Must this show promulgate even more ignorance about mental illness and medication? Insensitive clods. I get no pleasure watching a woman with a baybee on board go into a manic state, but I'm glad it gets Pratt's rocks off. IRL, my cousin didn't go off meds with her three kids and those kids are perfectly fine. It's not her fault, but my cousin could alienate Jesus Christ while unmedicated. Fuck this storyline gently with a chainsaw.

Summer's talking again! Look at me, saying "again" as if Summer ever stops talking. When your ex-father and current provider of a free luxury living space is in a coma and has a gunshot wound, the important thing is not to root for his recovery, oh no. The important thing is to whine the praises of that decrepit skin sack full of shit she calls a grandfather. That's our Supergirl, standing up for truth, justice, and the fuckhead way.

But the Newman crotchfruit have not yet begun to fight for their slithering scion! Victoria, wielding a flaming shovel of righteous bullshit slinging, steps forward to shield her father from the consequences of his malevolent, criminal actions. Like shooting her children's uncle point blank after having him kidnapped and tortured. Way to go, Billy, sharing two kids with this morally diseased wretch who will never love you like she loves her daddy.

Nikki, you aren't Jack's friend. Don't even pretend. Feeling guilty ain't shit if you don't make it right. Victor must ejaculate Two Buck Chuck for her to enable his evil with such persistence. Why don't you leave Jack alone and go petrify your son's fists so he can't punch anyone else.

I think my head would have exploded had Nick shown his smug mug. *soap rage*

• Love 13

Sharon was on the phone with Dylan, but they couldn't say the time out loud, because this day has 72 hours.  So when they say to her, what time was it when you heard the shot, she says it was when she and Dylan talked, and he shows the keystone cop his phone to give him the time.  They then pinpoint that as the time on the security footage they need search just prior to.  But they never say the time out loud because it would be something like 3 am now.

• Love 8

Great preview for tomorrow's CDN! Jack is awake and tells a roomful of family that Gabe is Adam Newman . Chelsea is present. Finally!!

I'm looking forward to this. The reveal of his identity is coming in a way I didn't expect. These few bright spots are the only thing keeping me from being angry enough to complain to TPTB at CBS.

• Love 3

I'm looking forward to this. The reveal of his identity is coming in a way I didn't expect. These few bright spots are the only thing keeping me from being angry enough to complain to TPTB at CBS.

I agree.  I am really hoping it isn't an Adam nightmare of what could happen.  I don't think so because Paul is there.  But Chelz' reaction is so hysterically eye-popping it made me wonder.  And why would Jack out Adam all of a sudden. He should be outing Prick!

If it is real, Adam has screwed himself big-time.  He could have gone to the cops and told them about Prick shooting Jack, but will anyone believe him now?

• Love 5

I fail to understand (other than this is GC where nothing is understandable) why Avery had a plain clothes cop guarding her hospital room when she was raped, but Jack who has been shot by an unknown assailant has no one guarding his door. Anyone (Nikki, Gabe, etc.) is free to come and go at will. Sheesh.

• Love 10

I agree.  I am really hoping it isn't an Adam nightmare of what could happen.  I don't think so because Paul is there.  But Chelz' reaction is so hysterically eye-popping it made me wonder.  And why would Jack out Adam all of a sudden. He should be outing Prick!

If it is real, Adam has screwed himself big-time.  He could have gone to the cops and told them about Prick shooting Jack, but will anyone believe him now?

Pratt and have minions have done that too many times--given us hope for something via a preview that's turned out to be a dream. Knowing this, I shouldn't be surprised if you're right. 

Dear Mr. Pratt:

Cut the dream sequences featuring characters' worst fears. It's a predictable plot device that is highly unnecessary.

Sincerely,

C76

*crosses fingers 'til tomorrow*

On the other hand, I could see Jack outing Gabe. By the time the scene in the hospital takes place, he may not have figured out that Jack isn't Farco. I don't know how to describe what I'm imagining, but I anticipate some sort of misunderstanding on Gabe's part regarding who Jack is or isn't. Perhaps they have an argument before Jack's family arrives, etc. 

Wishful thinking, I know. We'll see. ;)

• Love 2
*soap rage*

Wow. Today was hard to watch. Fuck Victor and his fucking spawn Victoria and Summer. Victor referred (when speaking with Gabe) to Phyllis as a "crazy dame". He knows (believes) he has killed her husband and planted a murderous imposter in his place in her bed. And this is how he refers to her? Is this a fucking joke? 

And what the fuck is with Adam? Why is he protecting Victor? Jack is ALIVE. Barely. Adam can't open his goddamned mouth and tell everyone what Victor did? He can't risk his chance with Chelsea? I'm glad Jack outs him in the preview. Asshole.

Victoria is pretty much as irredeemable as Victor for me now. She lies to Phyllis's face, lies to the police and protects her father who she KNOWS shot Jack, her children's uncle, her former beloved stepfather. And then when Ashley says the whole embezzlement thing was a computer glitch Victoria is PISSED? Her fucking father shot Jack and she's angry and self-righteous because the Abbotts are letting him off this embezzlement frame up? Come on show. This is ridiculous.

And Summer and her constant defence of gwampa isn't bad enough but she tells Kyle she KNOWS how he feels with a parent in a coma. Um, no you don't. Your grandmother bludgeoned his mother to death and he is about to lose his father to cold-blooded murder, asshole. You don't know how he feels.

The only thing that made this bearable, well there were two: Phyllis was given some seriously good lines to throw at the self-righteous evil Newmans, and Nikki told Paul that Victor was in the park while Victor looked on, thereby outing the lying piece of shit that Victor and his gruesome daughter Victoria are.

But watch. Victor will be the victim of Nikki's betrayal and she'll beg him to forgive her when they realize he was only trying to protect them all from Marco, and Jack stupidly (is how Victor will put it and all will agree) showed up in his place.

This is supposed to be the time when the Abbotts are vindicated. When Victor is shown for the piece of shit he is. But that is not what I'm seeing on my screen.

• Love 15
But Chelz' reaction is so hysterically eye-popping it made me wonder.  And why would Jack out Adam all of a sudden. He should be outing Prick!

It seems strange. I noticed Phyllis is still wearing her fishnet top as well. So is the longest day going to continue with Jack waking -- and looking quite healthy I might add. The clothes make me think it's a dream. In the promo (I posted in the spoiler thread), Phyllis is finally in different clothes and saying to Victor "If my husband doesn't make it ...." So I'm thinking it's a dream on Adam's part.

• Love 4