Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

(edited)
Lauren may not get love and affection from Cane, but she can achieve eternal youth.

I generally can handle TB's unmoving face -- it's not the worst plastic surgery ever. But when she was sobbing to Michael (pretty decent acting) her face wouldn't move. It was horrid. Wow. The skin around her mouth was just staying put, not contorting like it should when we cry like that.

That Joe rewrite is LUDICROUS. Avery only just remembered he hit her?????? Anything to make Dylan a hero. He is no longer an adulterer; he is a saviour. 

Stitch is terrible, terrible I tell you. God the guy can't act. I am afraid they are saddling Ashley with this loser. Just make him the killer, please.

I'm just a tad uncomfortable with this plot twist of human beings getting auctioned off to the highest bidder. I can't quite cotton to why, though. I'm sure it will come to me.

It is gross, isn't it? But I kind of fantasized buying Jack for myself. Dirty and everything. ;)

Edited by miamama
  • Love 12

Capricasix, are you going to be taking over the recaps for bannana again?  The 18th is a long time away, and I fear I do not have enough Gray Goose to tide me over that long.  Someone HAS to do this - please???

I will try! Honestly, though, yesterday's ep was so dumb that I zoned out halfway through -_-

• Love 9
(edited)

LeftPhalange quote

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Scott Elrod leaving yet. Surely Joe has to be on the way out.

We never heard about the Carmine actor leaving, either. (Which reminds me to shout out to Cane:  Didn't you see the video?  You're kissing that mouth?!)  I think Joe is going to be another one of those recurring plot points for Dullen regarding (not) Saving Avery.  When Avery dies (in some horrific manner,) Joe will be brought in to haunt/stalk the Woodman periodically to remind him of his unsavior-ness.   And threaten Sharon.  (and no, it does not make any sense.)

banana quote

Paul and Harding tell Kevin and Mariah that they have messed up their brilliant plan to make the killer over-confident so that he would make a mistake.  Kevin thinks Paul should talk to the press and let him know that the pressure is on.  Harding wants to put the cuffs on Mariah for various charges: filing a false report, assaulting an officer, interfering with a police investigation.  Paul pulls Harding aside and says that Kevin is right.  He then goes and tells Kevin and Mariah they are free to go.

This is no way to run a police department.  Judge Roy Bean actually makes sense compared to these yo-yoes.  Hell, the Scoobies are a nose ahead in logic by comparison.

Edited by MollyB
  • Love 5

Don't get me wrong, miamama, I would totally bid on Jack at a bachelor auction where he willingly put himself out there!

If Victor winds up rescuing Jack from Fack, I'll, I'll....I'll have some rather impolite things to say.

• Love 10

If Victor winds up rescuing Jack from Fack, I'll, I'll....I'll have some rather impolite things to say.

Why did I just get a horrible mental image of a Victor Sandwich, with Jack and Farko as the bread? Sorta like a shit sandwich only much worse.

Did I suffer some horrible mental disorder during the night?

• Love 6

Why did I just get a horrible mental image of a Victor Sandwich, with Jack and Farko as the bread? Sorta like a shit sandwich only much worse.

Are you having a stroke?  Do you need us to call someone? :)

• Love 8
(edited)

Are you having a stroke?  Do you need us to call someone? :)

Thanks for your concern, PlaT. I think I"m okay--had foot surgery a coupla weeks ago, but I don't think that causes strokes.

Upon reflection, I believe I can attribute this to reading a review of Human Centipede 3. No idea why I was doing so--but sometimes my visual imagination gets the best of me. Sorry. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. And may St Dylan intervene for me.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 8

Egads! Hasn't Jack suffered enough????
  • Love 5

Thanks for your concern, PlaT. I think I"m okay--had foot surgery a coupla weeks ago, but I don't think that causes strokes.

Upon reflection, I believe I can attribute this to reading a review of Human Centipede 3. No idea why I was doing so--but sometimes my visual imagination gets the best of me. Sorry. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. And may St Dylan intervene for me.

Why?  Why would you do that?  Lol, I remember reading up on Human Centipede on Wiki when the first one came out because some people were talking about it.  Yikes!  Reminds me of the time I took Chantix to quit smoking.  God, the nightmares.  Never again..it was like watching Eraserhead every time I closed my eyes.  *shudder*

• Love 3

So Mariah didn't flee town after she stalked and tormented an unstable person but writing a blog post has her shitting her pants? OK.

NO shit.. where is this big bad ass bully now. She had no problem tormenting sharon with no fear and she is scared of a post she made? really? I really do not think Pratt likes to write for Mariah. She has become as dull as dullan.

• Love 4

Lauren may not get love and affection from Cane, but she can achieve eternal youth. Are we supposed to see Michael as noble? All I see is a dick-obsessed pimp wannabe who's shit-stirring in someone else's marriage. Learn how to go down on your wife, asshole.

Speaking of assholes (and isn't it alarming how many characters I could be talking about?), Joe is revealed to be a rapey wifebeater. Well, this certainly makes Dylan look like a noble redwood for being Avery's virtuous cheat buddy. Whatever. Joe Superman hit a woman, which means he can go eat at a kryptonite buffet as far as I'm concerned.

Stitch, Ashley's medical problems are none of your business. Where do you get off badgering doctors at your former workplace, you Caillou-looking motherfucker. The syphillis you gave her is probably eating her brain. I'm starting to look upon Stitch as a venereal Pigpen; instead of walking around in a cloud of dirt, Stitch gambols about in a miasma of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and herpes.

I'm just a tad uncomfortable with this plot twist of human beings getting auctioned off to the highest bidder. I can't quite cotton to why, though. I'm sure it will come to me.

Yes, WTF is wrong with Mikey...ugh.  I have no fondness for Lauren. I hated her affair with Carmine, I hate her hair and her clothing.  But once a long time ago I really liked Lauren and Mikey as a couple.  Now I cannot stand to look at them separate or together.  But this storyline of his ED requiring them to divorce, that's just so immature and stupid.  

I call serious bullshit on this Joe rewrite.  What we knew about him was that he was %100 focussed on his work and Avery was essentially a trophy wife.  But she never seemed afraid of him.  Remember her flashbacks to the old Valentine's Day where they end up dancing together and she remembers how she did indeed love him?  So now she remembers that he hit her?  WTF.  That's not something you forget.  Besides, if it happened she would have used that as the reason to leave him, not some neglect story.  If she was afraid of Joe, she made a very serious error staying in that apartment with him as long as she did, screaming at him, ripping her blouse open. He could have snapped at any moment and anything could have happened.  I don't know if it is because he really does love her and didn't realize what he was saying when he wanted to blackmail her into sex (rape), or if it is because SE is such a shitty actor.  But IRL, as soon as he pulled that threat on her she should have run out of that door straight to the keystone cops.

I will never see Stitch without his miasma again.

So Mariah didn't flee town after she stalked and tormented an unstable person but writing a blog post has her shitting her pants? OK.

Dr. Leslie's Husband should have had Caillou thrown out of the hospital.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Scott Elrod leaving yet. Surely Joe has to be on the way out.

Why must they destroy Mariah for me?  When I do recaps there are certain characters I just recap because it's a recap and there are characters I actually watch.  Mariah used to be in the latter category but I found myself wanting to just blah blah for her. How disappointing.  I also wish they had her in Sharon's orbit.

Egads! Hasn't Jack suffered enough????

YES!

NO shit.. where is this big bad ass bully now. She had no problem tormenting sharon with no fear and she is scared of a post she made? really? I really do not think Pratt likes to write for Mariah. She has become as dull as dullan.

I find this so disappointing.  It's like she is a completely different character all of a sudden.  

• Love 8
If she was afraid of Joe, she made a very serious error staying in that apartment with him as long as she did, screaming at him, ripping her blouse open. He could have snapped at any moment and anything could have happened.  I don't know if it is because he really does love her and didn't realize what he was saying when he wanted to blackmail her into sex (rape), or if it is because SE is such a shitty actor.  But IRL, as soon as he pulled that threat on her she should have run out of that door straight to the keystone cops.

The way Avery carried on chugging the wine and ripping open her top and screaming and slapping and pushing Joe, I felt sorry for him. SE is so dead in his delivery. sigh. Very very badly done scene IMO. If Joe didn't lose it the way she was acting, he is not the type of guy to smack a woman around.

She has slapped him about 8 or  9 times since he's come on the show. They've been alone repeatedly. She has never indicated she's ever been afraid of him.  But now she has this sudden memory? Please.

• Love 14

Here I go confused again.  Wasn't there a recent insta-benefit/honoring ceremony for Joe regarding

taking over the abuse foundation for the Bingham estate?  Based on how he had witnessed/suffered abuse as a child and wanted to change the world- ya da da, ya da da?  So now the bad part of him is rearing it's ugly head?  (holy shit, maybe he's bi-polar!)  And just for the record, I don't think it's ok for a man to slap/hit another person (man or woman).  Fair fight or nothing.  Exceptions will be made for gnomes and dumbasabagofhair Summer.

• Love 11

Here I go confused again.  Wasn't there a recent insta-benefit/honoring ceremony for Joe regarding

taking over the abuse foundation for the Bingham estate?  Based on how he had witnessed/suffered abuse as a child and wanted to change the world- ya da da, ya da da?  So now the bad part of him is rearing it's ugly head?  (holy shit, maybe he's bi-polar!)  And just for the record, I don't think it's ok for a man to slap/hit another person (man or woman).  Fair fight or nothing.  Exceptions will be made for gnomes and dumbasabagofhair Summer.

Oh man, I forgot about that MollyB, you are right.  And IIRC Avery also knew about him being abused as a child.  But she didn't know about him abusing her?

• Love 6

IMO, she grew up and realized a few things about herself. Mariah has been trying to be a better person.

• Love 5

I saw this on another site.   I guess I can post it in here since this is a spoiler thread.  Avery is raped, she is grabbed from behind and never sees her attacker.  She thinks it was Joe, but he has an alibi-he was with Lily!

• Love 4

I saw this on another site.   I guess I can post it in here since this is a spoiler thread.  Avery is raped, she is grabbed from behind and never sees her attacker.  She thinks it was Joe, but he has an alibi-he was with Lily!

So this is the big horror? Seriously? We actually haven't had a rape story in years on this show, though we've had loads of rapes (male and female). I remember when Cricket was raped by Paul. It was gross and clearly forced, non-consensual sex (I remember her wiping his "stuff" off her leg, ewwww), but it was never addressed. So again not sure what Giddens is so "my oh my" about with this story.

• Love 3
(edited)

peacheslatour, on 07 Jun 2015 - 6:16 PM, said:

So this is the big horror? Seriously? We actually haven't had a rape story in years on this show, though we've had loads of rapes (male and female). I remember when Cricket was raped by Paul. It was gross and clearly forced, non-consensual sex (I remember her wiping his "stuff" off her leg, ewwww), but it was never addressed. So again not sure what Giddens is so "my oh my" about with this story.

Maybe Avery was supposed to die after saying it was Joe. Then when Lily alibies him the whole town is divided and when Joe is murdered or has chem with Lily and becomes a grayhero things get dramatic....nah that might be good/

Hay, is there a guy on the show who hasn't been physically or mentally abusive ?  Umjusayin..

Edited by crowswork
  • Love 3

I thought it was Michael who raped Cricket? Or was it both? There were years I didn't watch, so it may have happened then.

I find this so disappointing.  It's like she is a completely different character all of a sudden.

It is very disappointing. It was nice to have a character that was not actually a pitiful weakling. But I guess she has spent enough time in town she is as much a wimp as everyone else. BOO and now she has 2 weeks off taping.. what the hell?

She has slapped him about 8 or  9 times since he's come on the show. They've been alone repeatedly. She has never indicated she's ever been afraid of him.  But now she has this sudden memory? Please.

THIS.. the writing is so bad I can hardly comment anymore. This show is total SHIT.

taking over the abuse foundation for the Bingham estate?  Based on how he had witnessed/suffered abuse as a child and wanted to change the world- ya da da, ya da da?

YEP that is what we were told.. and Saint Avery was behind him totally. Why didn't she remember he was an abusive tool then? ARGHHHHHHH  why do I think the writing should have any kind of continuity??? In my best Nancy Kerrigan voice.... WHY me..... WHY WHY

Joe has suddenly turned into a villain because there's a certain block of wood that needs to be propped.

YEP again... such shit.. why can't that moron Dullan be the beater.. Joe was at least cute. Dullan's looks are as dull as his  personality.

IMO, she grew up and realized a few things about herself. Mariah has been trying to be a better person.

Not buying that. You don't all of a sudden become a chicken shit just because you are trying to be a better person. She was scared. The chick that was  prostituting herself. Stalking people and faking being a dead person does not all of a sudden worry about a lame ass post she made. 

• Love 6
(edited)

The hack writers were going to rip off Gone Girl with Avery and Joe. They might still but my reaction would be a gif of Coach Sylvester from Glee saying she's bored and I can't muster up enough of a fuck about this dreck to post it. Anyhow so contrived since like I watch the show and none of this shit even fits what they've written about Joe and Avery.

And yes Paul raped Bug on the beach and the story at the time was like "oh the situation is dicey and ambiguous" but he forced himself on her without her consent. Mike stalked and tried to rape her and was sent to prison but got his legal license and they all sorta get along now socially and professionally. Only in GC RME.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5

I saw the same "spoiler" peacheslatour.

It also said that avery is beaten very bad too.

since he grabbed her from behind, she never saw who it was and there isn't any dna cause he wore a condom.

she thinks it's joe but can't prove it and like you posted, he was with lily at the time so she wonders if he hired someone to do it like he hired the thugs to beat up Dylan.

sooooooooooooo happy the spoiler about Sharon possibly doing something is gone.  supposedly, she was  the key to Dylan helping avery (but would she? or something like that) at least at soc is gone now.

• Love 5
(edited)

Yes, Cricket was raped twice but it was only treated as rape once.

She had that whole date rape PSA story when she was young.

The incident with Paul was when they were on-again-off-again (maybe even married? I can't recall). I don't remember it on a beach. I remember it was in their bed and she absolutely did not want him there but he went all Rhett Butler "oh you won't say no to me". And we watched him physically force himself on her. Then the post-sex scene was her wiping her inner thigh with the blanket and looking utterly disgusted.

Then that was it. Never addressed again. I think LLB may have been heading out on one of her interminable mat leaves at that point.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 4

She has slapped him about 8 or  9 times since he's come on the show.

Yeah, my 1st thought was maybe he did it in self defense, being that she seems to have free rein to slap whoever she pleases.

• Love 4

Yeah, my 1st thought was maybe he did it in self defense, being that she seems to have free rein to slap whoever she pleases.

I am disturbed by anyone hitting another human being. Avery hauls off and smacks Joe repeatedly, she has hit Ian Ward and probably Dylan (though I can't recall). It's disgusting. And then there's Nick and Dylan -- who punch out people rather than actually emote.

• Love 5

Yes, Cricket was raped twice but it was only treated as rape once.

She had that whole date rape PSA story when she was young.

The incident with Paul was when they were on-again-off-again (maybe even married? I can't recall). I don't remember it on a beach. I remember it was in their bed and she absolutely did not want him there but he went all Rhett Butler "oh you won't say no to me". And we watched him physically force himself on her. Then the post-sex scene was her wiping her inner thigh with the blanket and looking utterly disgusted.

Then that was it. Never addressed again. I think LLB may have been heading out on one of her interminable mat leaves at that point.

Thanks. I admit I didn't watch the scene because I'm not crazy about rape or Paul or Bug. Maybe they had a confrontation on a beach as well and my memory merge the incidences? I thought something happened on a beach during the Isabella fiasco.

• Love 1

Crosbyy777 quote

ARGHHHHHHH  why do I think the writing should have any kind of continuity??

Why? Because people are being paid to write a story, not to just record snippets of reality verbatim and slap it on a tv screen.  If whomever is writing/researching/involved in creating this story has a job to do, they should do it well or stop taking the paycheck.  If my doctor was this sloppy, I'd be dead.

• Love 7

I'm sure it will be Sharon's fault. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Okay, the nasty [apparently but not really wheelchair-bound] guy who can actually walk but has sinister plans for wife/girlfriend--it's been bugging me--apparently, I don't have enough to think about. Then, karma hands me TCM running Conflict, a Warners potboiler from the late 40s. Bogart lurks in wheelchair, plotting to kill wife to get at her sister...

And, that was dull--but, aside from AA [Ashley's Aneurism], today was all about badly dressed daughters. Summer sported a white skirt in which she likely couldn't breathe; not that brain-function would be impaired in her case--she gapes, she telegraphs distress about telling Avery about EVILJOE's return to mobility; she breathes through her nose--the usual thespian treasures we love her for. Then, back at the lab [tho' not on a slab...yet], we have something off-the-shoulder with butterflies on it on Ms Ordway, who, whatever her failings, did not deserve this piece of slop.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 7

Okay, the nasty [apparently but not really wheelchair-bound] guy who can actually walk but has sinister plans for wife/girlfriend--it's been bugging me--apparently, I don't have enough to think about. Then, karma hands me TCM running Conflict, a Warners potboiler from the late 40s. Bogart lurks in wheelchair, plotting to kill wife to get at her sister..

Lol!  I'm watching that too.  Not one of Bogie's best.

• Love 1

Lol!  I'm watching that too.  Not one of Bogie's best.

Remember the old "separated at birth" line? Southern Ontario?

For sure, not among his treasures--but I remember that I first watched it for Sidney Greenstreet, whom I love!

• Love 2

Remember the old "separated at birth" line? Southern Ontario?

For sure, not among his treasures--but I remember that I first watched it for Sidney Greenstreet, whom I love!

Me too.  I remember reading that Greenstreet didn't even start acting until he was in his fifties.  I think The Maltese Falcon was his first film.

• Love 2

So, Ashley has an aneurysm, as I predicted! Stitch will save her and become a doctor once again!! And then they'll fall in love. eww. I really hate Stitch. He's vile.

Funniest thing in this episode is captive Jack got a haircut. lol I guess that was too long a stretch for PB to go without a trim.

• Love 8

Stitch is terrible, terrible I tell you. God the guy can't act. I am afraid they are saddling Ashley with this loser. Just make him the killer, please.

You know, the more and more I hear Stench rant about keeping quiet and not being a target, the more I think, he's the killer! Motive? He was with Vic at the time, and her family (and Abby's too, of course) were all going to be EXPOSED in a secret biography. Big protector Calliou to the rescue! Plus, his whole family seems to be crazed.

Here's a thought: A credible biography cannot be just a bunch of nutters sitting around, talking about bad things the NewMans and Abbotts did. That's possible hearsay and defamation. They can say, "I really hate Victor Newman; I saw where he parked his limo in a handicapped parking place once"; however, without interviewing the other side and/or at least getting some more proof (surveillance footage of Vic parking illegally), it's crap. No reputable place in the country will look at it, and it leaves Austin open to a lawsuit. Plus, MOST of the bad stuff they've done has already been in the tabloids (excepting retroactive writing about possible Olympians diving from the balcony and being paralyzed.) To think of it, Hero Nick has talked to Daddy but hasn't hunted down this woman. That could be an original romance for once--no bear traps needed.

• Love 2

Want to bet Dylan hits Joe. Nick would only hit him if he was still in the wheelchair.

Nick prowls handicapped parking spaces for people to roust. When Gabadam is exposed he better go blind again so the Dick can sucker punch him.

• Love 10

Well that was another yawn of an episode. So because I was bored I was focused on nitpicky things. Like when Fack called Gnome to say he needed to see him right away he just hung up and didn't say where he was. How did Gnome know? Maybe I missed a previous scene where Kyle knew that Fack was at GCAC - I do tend to ff when I am bored.

Also when did landlines start showing outgoing calls? Cell phones do but any landline I have ever had only shows incoming calls, not outgoing ones. So how did Avery's landline show that her last call was to Dylan?

I am surprised that when Avery went missing Paul didn't immediately arrest Sharon. Just because.

• Love 6