Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

(edited)

Special thanks to bannana for mentioning "Jagabbid", and crowswork for keeping the term alive.

I smell a new nickname! :D

Edited by C76
  • Love 4
I am totally blanking on what Phyl was referring to when she called Fack "Yack" and said something about a ghost?

YACK is how the Swedish minister who married them called Jack.

GHOST was how the Swedish minister pronounced "Goest"..as in "wither thou goest",,,,,

• Love 8

Yes, that wedding vow scene will no doubt come into play later -- there were no witnesses to the wedding and only Jack and Phyllis know what was said.

In agreement with all of the above - considering how Victor is always walking in on conversations it is INSANE how he keeps saying Jack's name on the phone. How easy would it be to say "he" or "him." I think EB loves saying Jaggabbott as much as he loves saying Peruvian Prison. 

• Love 7

Today was dull dull dull.

Sage and Dick are at the pool bar rooftop lounge.  Sage is there for swimming.  Hah!  We also get a shirtless Dick.  Sage is worried that she won’t be a good mom cause she didn’t have a role model.  Ouch, poor Constance.  Sage says Dick had a mom.  He says his mom made a lot of mistakes just like everyone.

Villy are talking about Drinki being Drunki.  Vic is upset that Prick doesn’t seem to care.  Billy tries to explain addiction to Vic and says nothing can happen until the addict wants to stop.  Vic reminds him that she is taking MS medication and she is playing Russian Roulette with her life.  Billy says, oh yeah, that is different, forgot about that.  Let’s figure out what we can do then!  Vic calls Dick to talk about Drinki.

Neil the stalker shows up at Drinki’s room, and she is in bed, wearing the dress she had on yesterday.  She is hungover and looks like hell.  Neil pushes into the room and discovers that loser guy from the other night is in her bed, also fully dressed.  So it looks to me like they both passed out in bed without any shenanigans.  But still, Drinki, tsk tsk.  Neil wakes up loser guy who is truly terrified of Neil (hah!) and then he tells Neil that it was Drinki who came on to him and practically forced him into her room.  And Drinki starts to remember that that is exactly what happened, she flashes back to her pretty much accosting him in the hallway and she even told him she used to be an exotic dancer.  Yikes, Drinki, that is sad.  LG is tossed out, and Neil and Drinki are back to the endless argument of him telling her she is a drunk and he is there to help her.  He goes to start a shower for her so she can get cleaned up, and while he is in the bathroom, she calls security to remove him.  Neil tries to tell the security guy that his son owns the hotel but security guy doesn’t care and drags him out.  Drinki goes to get back in bed and finds a half bottle of that rotgut vodka she likes.  And she sees herself in the mirror and looks appalled at her own self.  She tosses the vodka bottle in the garbage.  Good for you Drinki for not smashing it to pieces for the cleaning staff to deal with.  But you probably should have poured it down the sink if you were serious.

Vic and Billy and Dick and Sage are talking about Drinki at the GCAC.  Vic has been telling Dick everything that happened the other night with Drinki, and Dick is horrified and wants to know why no one told him.  Vic says it was all over GC Buzz, can’t he read?  Neil wants to talk to Vic and Dick alone and tells them they have to do an INTERVENTION and they have to do it right now, this minute, while Drinki is still sober.  They are all in.  They are going to get Drinki and bring her to the ranch.  Vic and Dick show up at Drinki’s room to tell her that Prick wants to have dinner, just the four of them at the Ranch.  She says yes, but she needs to finish getting ready and do her makeup.  Dick sees the vodka bottle and says she doesn’t need makeup, she is beautiful as always.  Drinki tries again and Vic calls her on it and says she doesn’t need lipstick, she needs a drink.  They pretty much drag her out of there.

Sage and Billy blah blah blah about having Newman children, Prick is an asshole, their relationships.  Sage says that Sharon ran afoul of Prick and now she is still paying for it, and Billy warns Sage to never cross Prick.  Anvillicious.

Sharon and Dylan are talking about places he can live at CL.  Phyllis shows up to tell Dylan that Joe is staying at Avery’s place.  And speaking of which, Joe and Avery are quibbling over who sleeps on the couch and who gets her bedroom.  He is insisting that he will sleep on the couch and he tries to show her he can do and they collapse together on the couch.  How sweet.  Back at CL Phyllis is trying to convince Dylan that Avery still loves him, and that Sharon is manipulating him.  She reminds him that Sharon threw her down the stairs and put her in a coma for a year.  Sharon and Dylan debrief on Phyllis’ visit and she wonders why Phyllis cares about who Avery is living with.  Dylan points out that the Summers sisters have gotten closer recently.  Sharon says: good for them, now they have a common enemy.  And she says that Phyll doesn’t want to see her with Dylan, because frankly she hates her.  He tells her what Phyllis said, and Sharon asks Dylan if he believes that she could or would manipulate him.  He says no.  Rut roh.  He reassures her that he likes her for who she is, and doesn’t care what anyone else thinks.  And he thinks she deserves the best of everything.  He really is smitten.

Phyllis shows up at Avery’s to badger Joe and Avery.  He leaves the room and Avery tells Phyllis to butt out of her business.  Phyllis wonders whether Joe can have sex.  She wants to know why she dumped Joe before and now she is practically back with him.  Avery says she liked it better when Phyllis didn’t give a shit about her, and said they should go back to that kind of relationship.  Avery knows that Phyllis hates Sharon and this is all about Dylan and Avery getting back together so that Sharon is the loser again, and she lets her know.  Phyllis leaves.  Joe and Avery decide to go out to dinner.  Sharon and Dylan also decide to go out to dinner at the roof top club pool bar lounge.   So they all bump into each other there.  Avery wants to talk to Dylan alone.  Sharon tries to chit chat small talk with Joe, but he is only interested in establishing that they both gain if they keep Dylan and Avery apart.  He wants to make a pact.  Sharon is playing naïve, but he sees through that.  Later Dylan is lamenting that a place he liked got snapped up by someone else and he really wanted it cause it had a big yard. Sharon says her place has a really big yard, he can stay with her.  He says that’s not a good idea and she agrees that it is probably too soon.  But she has that look, like she may want to manipulate him.  Oh and in case you didn’t already figure it out, Joe can totally walk.  He stands up at Avery’s apt when she is out of the room.

Neil sees Phyllis at the lab (do they work there?) and tells her about Drinki’s INTERVENTION and that he wants Farko to attend but he is supposed to be going out of town on business. Phyllis says she will stop him before he leaves because he will want to help Drinki.

Previews:  there is only one because the whole episode is devoted to the Intervention; Drinki to Dylan at the Ranch, why are you here, you are not part of the business, and then to everyone else, what are you all doing here.  Prick, Vic, Dick  and Dummer are all there, along with Stalker Neil.  Tune in tomorrow for the INTERVENTION!

• Love 11

YACK is how the Swedish minister who married them called Jack.

GHOST was how the Swedish minister pronounced "Goest"..as in "wither thou goest",,,,

I remember him saying "Go with the ghost" instead of something like the usual line about "....In sickness, and in health."

• Love 3

^^I believe he said "I will go with the ghost." Which is how they repeated it. But Capricasix here helped us figure out he was likely saying "I will go whither thou goest."

• Love 5

I agree that today's epi was dull dull dull. The only thing that perked me up was when VIctoria said that the GC Buzz had a nickname for Nikki. I was totally expecting her to say it was Drinki - lol. Naughty Nikki just does not pack the same punch.

• Love 7

I had a thought/ What if Nikki is shipped off to some distant rehab and she meets Jack there... locked up because they think he's an addict.

OR

Victor kills Fack and then has to decide if he confesses to kidnap or gets the special soap opera express death row experience. Two weeks from murder to needle. It's the Sharon Newman plan.

• Love 6

OK--so in the US the intervention will be Thursday? I will be sure to skip--been there and done that on numerous shows including this one  and hasn't Nikki done this before too? ---RME.

• Love 4

Oh boy, Drunki is really on a bender isn't she?  I love drunk Nikki, but I don't like seeing her drag strange men into her room.

I like drinki too but that scene was icky.. BIG time icky.. and he was so ickier.

I did like seeing Joe and Sharon in the same scene. I think I could like them together.. She needs a bad boy not a boring Nick relative. She is totally manipulating Dullan. The look told me everything and I love that Joe sees the Real Sharon.. oh ya.. he did.. Avery is such a bleck character. I just never warmed to the character and not a fan of the actress at all.. she plays such a mommy routine with her men. 

• Love 5

OK--so in the US the intervention will be Thursday? I will be sure to skip--been there and done that on numerous shows including this one and hasn't Nikki done this before too? ---RME.

I feel your pain. Only reason I will tune in is we've been promised humour. And Farko will be there faking memories and compassion. Lol
  • Love 7

^^I believe he said "I will go with the ghost." Which is how they repeated it. But Capricasix here helped us figure out he was likely saying "I will go whither thou goest."

I thought he was talking about the Holy Ghost--Heiliger Geist in German [which I still have bits of], and probably not too far off that in Swedish or whatever. But no...Swedish is Heilige Anda. So much for that theory.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks Bannana for the great recaps!! I am just pissed that these writers are rewriting the Davery/Shylan story right in the middle of it being played out. And I believe it is to once again trash Sharon and give some sympathy to Avery who in my opinion is not a very likable character.It is plain that Sharon and Joe are being used to prop her and Dylan.

This is a rewrite because this is not what has been happening over the last several months ever since Joe came back to town. Joe was upfront about his feelings to Avery and he even told her and she shared some kisses with him. She knew he was not over her.It was easy to see that she was gravitating to him and had obvious feelings for him. And Joe even told Dylan how he felt about Avery after his fall. Avery has been shown hanging around him and being conflicted with her feelings for him. She has ignored Dylan's pleas to stay away from Joe and Dylan has told her over and over what Joe is doing all to no avail. She would not stay away from the man period!!

And Dylan has been shown hanging around Sharon trying to help her beat the double homicide rap. It has shown their close friendship and the way they have gravitated to each other and realizing they have romantic feelings for each other.Avery recognized the feelings Dylan has for Sharon and told him while she broke up with him and gave him back his ring. It is absurd that she would be just totally shocked that Joe tried to kiss her after the other times they have kissed and she was acting like she couldn't believe he was still in love with her. WTH? This is just a way to garner sympathy for Avery and make Sharon look like a home wrecker when it was not written that way at all.

I liked the way it worked out and thought that Avery and Joe would be a couple and go on with their lives. I should have known that this is the Let's Throw Sharon Under That Bus One More Time Show so naturally they will write her OOC and have her team up with Joe to sabotage Davery getting back together. The problem is this is not needed and is only being used to trash Sharon and make Avery look the victim. And of course they have to insert Phyllis in the story. Nothing like telling lies about Sharon throwing you down the stairs huh Phyl?

These writers need to stop insulting our intelligence and stop rewriting the script in the middle of a story. I am not buying any of this crap. Davery was over a long time ago and Avery was getting very close to Joe and now all of a sudden she is shocked about Joe's wanting to be with her and is all about Dylan and jealous of him and Sharon? Then why break up with him? No just no!!

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 12

Lawdy, I can just hear chuckles.....

Hee Hee Hee, Sharon's fans think she is finally going to have someone in her corner that actually cares and believes in her huh? Sharon's fans think she is actually going to find some happiness?  Oh no she isn't silly fans no she isn't..

VROOM, VROOOM, VROOOOOM here comes that bus.

• Love 9

Lawdy, I can just hear chuckles.....

Hee Hee Hee, Sharon's fans think she is finally going to have someone in her corner that actually cares and believes in her huh? Sharon's fans think she is actually going to find some happiness?  Oh no she isn't silly fans no she isn't..

VROOM, VROOOM, VROOOOOM here comes that bus.

Yep you got that right Valley! Sharon fans will never get a payday like the other fans get all the time. It must be an unwritten rule that Sharon fans will never be happy just as the character is not allowed to be for very long.

• Love 5

Did anyone else see Kristoff St John's heartbreaking interview on ET last night? I knew that his son committed suicide and had a drug problem, but did not know until the interview that his son suffered from schizophrenia. Given that a long time cast member has a family member suffering from a serious mental illness, that makes it even more disgusting to me that writers would give Sharon a mental illness and then use it as entertainment. There are no words.

• Love 23

Did anyone else see Kristoff St John's heartbreaking interview on ET last night? I knew that his son committed suicide and had a drug problem, but did not know until the interview that his son suffered from schizophrenia. Given that a long time cast member has a family member suffering from a serious mental illness, that makes it even more disgusting to me that writers would give Sharon a mental illness and then use it as entertainment. There are no words.

I did see it and it was heartwrenching.  Y&R should be shot for their lack of judgement.   

• Love 11

I didn't catch the interview. However, your comments confirmed to me the writers' lack of skill in handling Sharon's story. It's like they thought,"Oh, let's give her a mental illness!" *insert critical feedback from colleagues* "What do you mean 'show her actual struggles with medication, therapy, etc. with a level of accuracy'? You're kidding, right?"

I'd say these dorks don't give a damn, but I think that'd be an insult to dorks.

• Love 11

KSJ had opened up about it in the past with candor in a SOD while his son was living. It is incredibly callous of the executive producer and writers knowing his family's struggles with mental illness which ended in tragedy. And still using mental illness and referring to it in a laughing manner (like Pratt in interviews).

I remember reading that article and seeing his son's pic and pics of his art and hoping he would prevail or get into a program that would help. And feeling sad and frustrated when it didn't and his son took his life.

• Love 10

I seriously wish that Pratt would visit a psychiatric facility and see how much fucking "fun" the residents are having. He's an insensitive moron.

Not going to spoil today's CDN episode as many are unable to watch due to weather. Major Kudos to MTS for her performance today in the Nikki centric episode. Everyone did an excellent job ( even EB, shocker I know ) but Mel really stood out. This was one of the better written episodes!

• Love 5

The INTERVENTION episode begins with Drinki in a place that looks like One Life to Live’s Heaven, and there is a bearded guy there.  Everyone is dressed in white and everything is white.  She’s talking to bearded guy and she says she thinks she is either having DTs or dreaming about having DTs.  (Somehow, I don’t think this is what DTs are like.)  BG asks her what the last thing is that she remembers and she says that her children took her to the Ranch to discuss the MERGER.  And now the scene switches between White World and the Ranch throughout the episode. When Drinki arrives and sees Dummer and Noah there she realizes what’s up and says she is not interested, except she thinks it is about the Newbot problems and that she is supposed to be the loyal matriarch.  So there is a bit of confusion, and then Dylan arrives, and she wonders why he is there, he has nothing to do with the company.  And then Drinki get suspicious.

Back with BG in White World, Drinki is remembering stuff, and it seems like a bad dream to her.  Back to real world she says that she knows this is an INTERVENTION, and that she helped plan one for Katherine.  She thinks it is a witch hunt, and she is pissed.  She goes to leave, just as Farko shows up.  Farko gets her to stay.  Dummer and Noah appeal to her stay and hear what they have to stay.  Back in WW she is talking to BG and he tells her she is HOME.  BG says his name is Angel.  Oh, so this is where this is going, Drinki is having that “if I died, how would people react” hallucination, that Prick and Michael have both had.  Or were those It’s a Wonderful Life storylines?  Whatevs.  We are going to have endure this torture so let’s plow on.   Drinki is telling Angel how she wanted the whole thing to be over, but she stayed to show them she didn’t need their help.  Back at the Ranch, Prick is quietly telling Farko to leave, but Farko points out that would be even worse and more suspicious.  He tells Farko to watch what he says.   Now they are all sitting in the living room surrounding Drinki:  Prick, Farko, Dylan, Vic, Dick, Dummer, Noah, Neil.  Drinki admits having had drinks but points out all of the stress she is under:  In case you haven’t noticed, I have a lot of edge these days (as in, taking the edge off with a drink).  Neil blah blah his story, dead baby carpet burns blah blah.  But then, things get interesting, Neil outs Loser Guy and Drinki taking him back to her room and her blackout.  Drinki is pissed at Neil, bigtime.  Neil says if she doesn’t do something, he will walk away. She says fine, I will save you the trouble, I will walk away, but Prick says everyone needs to make their little speech to her, they have been practicing for approx. 10 minutes since they heard about this INTERVENTION.  Back to WW she is telling Angel how pissed she was with them all staring at her and in her face.  And then, in case we didn’t get it, we have Noah, Dummer, Dick, Dylan and Vic talking directly into the camera about how much her drinking is affecting them, how alcohol is bad for you, how alcohol killed Cassie, how they don’t want to lose her, how important she is to them.  Then we go back to the circle of INTERVENTION.  Vic guilts her for almost dropping the BABY.  “You were drunk” Vic says.  Drinki thinks everyone is judging her.  Vic says if Drinki doesn’t get help she won’t let her see her grandchildren again.  Ouch.  Drinki says, whose next, let’s get on with the public flogging.  Farko goes next and says he is going to be completely honest.

WW Drinki mocks what they were saying and says, Neil, who has been sober for 10 minutes, he is going to judge me?  And then she says, it was like they were putting me in my grave, and I am very much alive.

Farko talks about addiction as if he was Jack, which was really kind of weird and illogical.  He told her to “choose life”.  Neil tells Farko this is not about laying judgement.  Hah!  Nice one, Neil.  Farko tells her it is sad when the drug of choice wins out over the person you love.  Prick looks at him like WTF was that?

When it is Prick’s turn he tells her her drinking is affecting the entire family, which set her off into a rant about how he says everything he does is for family, but he is actually the one who caused her to drink.  He was off scheming while she was dealing with Ian Ward, etc:  My god you would drive anyone to drink!  YAY Drinki!  I think MTS was adlibbing quite a bit today, and it seemed to work.  After this whole blow up, she says they are done and let's turn this Drinki bashing into a real bash.  Okay, I LOL several times during this part.  Drinki finds the vodka and says: oh and it is my brand!.  She pours herself a glass and Prick tries to stop her and says, do you want your grandchildren to see you like this?  And Drinki says:  You are absolutely right.  Kids, never do this.  Shame on me, shame shame shame.  (I think Farko was actually having a drink in the background too.)  Before Drinki can take a drink she drops the glass (again, poor housekeeper who has to clean that up) and starts to collapse.

WW Drinki tells Angel that she felt like she was dying but then says they would have taken me to the hospital.  Now we are at the hospital and everyone walks out of Drinki’s room crying.  Vic is angry and totally blames Drinki for choosing alcohol over her family whereas the others say it was disease, and lament the lost time with her and young grandchildren not going to get time with her, and Prick is looking wistfully out the window.  Drinki is trying to tell them that she fainted but she is fine, but they don’t hear or see her cause she is DEAD.   Dylan says he feels cheated and angry.  Prick says they should all go home now.  Drinki is trying to tell them she’s fine, it is not too late, stop ignoring me, I am right here.  But then she sees her own corpse being wheeled out of the room.

WW Drinki is telling Angel that it was like she wasn’t there, so she realizes she must be dead. Now we are the graveside, but only the INTERVENTION team went to this funeral!  They almost all speak, and Farko speaks but again, this seems to be Jack not Farko.  Weird.  So they all blah blah, and the Prick says he was asked to say something and it could have changed everything if he had and could have saved Drinki but now it’s too late.  Wow, that man has an ego.
Drinki is now alone with Prick at the grave.  And WW Drinki has this nauseating epiphany while remembering and says: watching this man who had become part of me, of my heart, this man who saw something in me when I was a hard-edged girl with no future, this man I raised children with and loved passionately, this brave powerful man who stood by me time and time again.  Meanwhile Prick is droning on about his arrogance, how he couldn’t fix her, how he didn’t give her what she needed, how he didn’t listen to her, how he lost the love of his life, how lonely he is, that they fought and argued but loved each other.  Drinki sees her name on the gravestone.  Then he is sitting on the bench and saying it is too late for tears now, and that he had convinced himself that her drinking, their fighting, her moving out, were a passing phase and that he thought their love would conquer all.  Dead Drinki says their love got them through many things but this insidious disease turned her into someone she didn’t recognize, didn’t want to be. Prick goes on blah blah, love, children, grandchildren. 

WW Drinki talked about the connection she had with Prick, two people, one mind, one heart, but even sharing that, she said she couldn’t quit drinking knowing what she had to lose.  In the end, she says, it was her choice.  Now the scene switches to actually Drinki in rehab with a counselor named Angel.  She is at a place called Home.  And she wonders about the death dream, and he says sometimes after an INTERVENTION people have a moment of clarity, a vision that allowed her to admit that she needed help and that’s what happened to her.  She's HOME. Get it?

Previews:  Ash to Farko, I am trying so hard to support you with this dubious MERGER, but you are not making it easy; Ben to Abby, Ash may have admitted she has feelings for me; Kelly to a dirty confused looking Jack, do you really think it will be that easy to rid of me?

• Love 12

Thanks Banana! It sounds not too bad. I think that was fairly clever, having the intervention retold by Nikki in that fugue state. It also explains why Jack would be more Jack in those scenes (since they are in Nikki's mind). 

The scenes with the great love for Victor I will have to FF. This show and it's hard on for that grotesque man. He is an abusive sicko. That's fine. I find him highly entertaining. But I wish the show would stop trying to have it both ways. 

• Love 6

So I watched it. It was pretty good I thought. The Victor is a "brave and great man" bits I could have done without. Also EB threw in a few "my babys" which made me gag. But overall it was effective IMO. I also think Farko gave us a hint to his backstory with his "sadness" that someone would choose their drug over the one they love. 

But there wasn't too much humour in it. Nikki had some good lines but otherwise not so funny. Not sure what MTS was talking about with the humour.

In the previews, of course Kelly will haunt us all a bit longer. sigh. Jack looked like a chimney sweep with all that soot on his face. lol.

• Love 6
(edited)

Fuck me. Is Kelly really still alive?

#JusticeforJack

I'm pretty positive it's Jack being haunted. In the preview, he does this blinking thing after looking at her, like he's trying to shake her out of his head. I do that too. ;)

I'm a little concerned about #JusticeforJack after the Victor fawning in the Intervention episode. I think it will be a Jack defeats Farko climax. See? "Jack" still loses. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 9

So I watched it. It was pretty good I thought. The Victor is a "brave and great man" bits I could have done without. Also EB threw in a few "my babys" which made me gag. But overall it was effective IMO. I also think Farko gave us a hint to his backstory with his "sadness" that someone would choose their drug over the one they love. 

But there wasn't too much humour in it. Nikki had some good lines but otherwise not so funny. Not sure what MTS was talking about with the humour.

In the previews, of course Kelly will haunt us all a bit longer. sigh. Jack looked like a chimney sweep with all that soot on his face. lol.

miamama, do you think that Farko is Jack's twin, and Dina's drug of choice was her nymphomania, and she gave up Farko to some Latin guy she was hot for?  I agree, it had to mean something.

So not It's A Wonderful Life, but A Christmas Carol then?  Close enough.

Great re-cap bannanas!

peacheslatour, that is it, thanks.  Didn't they do that with Michael a few years back?

What pisses me about Drinki's revelation is that it exonerates Prick. This is only a positive outcome if she realizes to live her life she needs to leave him, but she won't but instead she will be "cured".

I think they should do a story about functional alcoholics.  Most alcoholics are not like Drinki or Neil or Loser Guy.  They don't dive into the bottle and end up on skid row.  They raise their families, they go to PTA, they hold down jobs, they live normal lives and most people don't know they are alkies.  That would make for an interesting story.  No doubt Prick is a functional alkie.

• Love 6
miamama, do you think that Farko is Jack's twin, and Dina's drug of choice was her nymphomania, and she gave up Farko to some Latin guy she was hot for?  I agree, it had to mean something.

In PB's interview he said he understood Fack to be a doppelgänger -- one of those random people we all supposedly have on earth -- and wasn't aware of plans to make him a twin. But the actors don't get scripts far ahead and TPTB may have changed plans -- PB is gold as Farko and I can't imagine this is lost on them. Pratt in his most recent interview hinted Farko may "come back in future." So it didn't seem to be a simple he will die dramatically scenario looming.

It would be the easiest thing in the world to have a long lost twin. Even if Dina wasn't being her unfaithful self she could have birthed a second baby and been unconscious. She wouldn't have had a sonogram in those days either. Some unscrupulous nurse or Abbott staffer could have gotten a high price for a blue eyed blond baby boy no one knew about.

All that said, Farko could get back story and still not be an Abbott. But the scene in the Intervention as well as his breaking up about Cassie seemed to hint at some emotional stuff of his own.

I think they should do a story about functional alcoholics.  Most alcoholics are not like Drinki or Neil or Loser Guy.  They don't dive into the bottle and end up on skid row.  They raise their families, they go to PTA, they hold down jobs, they live normal lives and most people don't know they are alkies.  That would make for an interesting story.  No doubt Prick is a functional alkie.

This this THIS. A million times this. Isn't this what Katherine was back in the day? A rich lush? Nikki would be perfect. Just sitting around telling the truth.

• Love 7

To quote Leonard Pinth Garnell - "Well that wasn't good at all, was it?"

The intervention ep that is... JEeze, Nikki. You beat a woman's brains out when you were drunk. But it takes YOU dying to sober up?

• Love 5

I seriously wish that Pratt would visit a psychiatric facility and see how much fucking "fun" the residents are having. He's an insensitive moron.

Not going to spoil today's CDN episode as many are unable to watch due to weather. Major Kudos to MTS for her performance today in the Nikki centric episode. Everyone did an excellent job ( even EB, shocker I know ) but Mel really stood out. This was one of the better written episodes!

Not just visit a psych hospital but be admitted, to see how those with mental illness are treated. Walk in their shoes. Then let him use those problems as a joke.

Better yet, have them forget he's there, he's sentenced to stay there until someone remembers...

• Love 8

Ruh Roh! Adam just spilled his guts to Farko about wanting to bring his father down. Hmmm...what is Farko going to do with little tidbit?

Can't wait for the bananacap!

I loved this! The exchange between Gabe and Fack was so smooth, I couldn't help but smile once it happened.

• Love 5
(edited)

Yowza, a lot happened today!

Poor Jack is on stowed away on the drug running ship.   He wakes up and is staggering around and sees Ghost Kelly and she tells him he’ll get his sea legs soon enough.  She says welcome aboard the SS Misery.  He says:  I saw for myself, you’re gone, you’re dead.  And Ghost Kelly says it’s not that easy to get rid of her.  Jack says:  I held you.  He says that he had her blood on his hands, she was cold.  And she goes on about how he kissed her and then gutted her.   More back and forth and then she disappears, and we hear her voice:  You will never be free of me Jack, and she cackles!  Jack has a flashback to Island Girl Kelly talking about their wedding.  And then he remembered waking up with dead Kelly.  And he takes of his wedding ring and throws it across the room. 

We see a guy open one of the crates and steal drugs, and Jack is watching but hidden.  The guy leaves.  Then Jack comes out from behind the crates and opens one and finds drugs, and then one of the bad guys punches him in the face.  When he comes to he is interrogated by two bad guys, and he tells them he doesn’t speak Spanish, and tells them he is a business executive and has a lot of money.  He tells them he is Jack Abbott.  They ask what kind of business, and he says, cosmetics. They say, lipstick?  And he says yes, there is a lot of money in lipstick.  And then Bad Drug Guy says:  I know you have a lot of money, my money, Marco, and I want it back.  So it turns out that these guys know Marco and back in 2007 he did them a favour and moved cash off the boat so they could sail in the canal, but then he disappeared.  People said Marco was dead.  Marco stole their money and also many other drug runners’ money.  Jack says he doesn’t know who Marco is and says they can call his family they will vouch for him.  But of course if they call his family we know that they will say Jack is there, what are they talking about—unless it’s Phyllis, maybe that is when she gets really suspicious?

In the lab, Ashley is annoyed with Farko because he is rewarding Chelz, and gave her nothing for Hex, and he wants her to take a meeting with Chelz.  She says she is done with him, she has been trying to make it work but forget it.  Farko says he needs Ash and says:  where Ms. Lawson and Mr. Bingham are concerned there is a method to my madness, and Prick walks in just then and says:  is that so?  Ash asks Prick how Drinki is doing, she knows about the INTERVENTION from Farko.  Prick says she is getting help, and he seemed quite uninterested. Ash says she knows how hard it must have been, and Farko says DIFFICULT FOR ALL OF US!!!  Prick says he wants to talk to Farko alone, but Farko says if this is about Gabe he wants Ash to hear.  He has doubts about Gabe, he is not a team player.  Farko says this is why he got behind Chelsea’s new lines—he is appeasing Gabe.  He wants them to let their guards down so he can find out what Gabe is up to.  Prick says Gabe is qualified or he wouldn’t have hired him, but he clearly doesn’t want to talk about this and cuts off the convo and says let’s get back to work. Ashley goes to track down Chelz who is late for her meeting with Ash.  She says she will be the dutiful sister, but he can’t play the family card and keep making lousy decisions for the family.  She reminds him that she will fight him if he takes their father’s company in the wrong direction.  Ash leaves.

Prick says to Farko, what the hell do you think you are doing?  Are you out of your damn mind telling Ash about your suspicions regarding Bingham?  Farko thinks maybe Ash can help them get to the truth.  Prick is annoyed because Farko is not following the script, just like when he showed up at Drinki’s INTERVENTION.  Farko bragged about his performance and Prick says he must have done his homework, but Farko says he lived through loving an addict himself.  Prick says: so you are an addict, I’ll be damned, you kept that so well hidden; you are not only a smuggler but you are a user.  Good for you.  You better be clean now.  Farko says it was not him, but a woman he loved.  He met her in a small village, and she was hooked by the time he met her.  This woman was beautiful and she was pure and he fell hard.  Farko helped her escape from the scum who got her hooked.  They had good times for a while until his enemies were on his trail.  He left to protect her and doesn’t know where she is now. What was nauseating about this exchange was that Prick mocked Farko saying he didn’t think he was capable of love.  That is rich coming from Prick.  But worse, when Farko talked about the scum that got her hooked, Prick says:  Scum, this coming from the man who is responsible for the addiction of many innocents.  Oh Prick, you do live in a glass house.

Gabe bumps into Chelz outside her apt.  A bit of flirting blah blah.  And then kissing.  And then sex. Chelz realizes she is late for her meeting with Ash and runs upstairs to change.  Ashley shows up for her meeting with Chelz, which was supposed to happen at the lab.  Gabe answers the door shirtless.  Ash seems amused.  Wow, very professional Chelz, missing a meeting cause you are screwing the guy you cheated on Ashley’s brother with.  Ash tells Gabe that she was concerned when Chelz didn’t show up for the meeting and thought she would check on her.  He is still standing their shirtless and says they got sidetracked and Chelz is upstairs on the bidet.  Ash warns Gabe about mixing biz with pleasure.  Ash says that it must have been love at first sight for them since he was into Chelz even before they worked together.  And she says he had Farko hire him so he could be close to Chelz.  Gabe wonders why she is going down this road, and Ash says she is jealous, no one has ever thrown away their inheritance for her.  Gabe leaves.  Ash says she is going to keep her eye on all the money that Chelz has been given for her lines.  They get into it a bit and Ash says that Chelz is the loser cause she chose Gabe over Billy (boy, Ash, are you ever wrong).  And then Ash says, he actually chose you, he did everything he could to win you over.  Chelz says it is none of Ash’s business but she reminds Chelz that she missed their meeting for some afternoon delight with Gabe.  Hah!

Gabe is now at the lab talking to Farko who says he is trying to make everyone feel more comfortable about the MERGER.  Farko tells Gabe to make peace with Billy, and Gabe says that isn’t going to happen, because he stole Billy’s fiancée and he has heard Gabe defend the man who killed Billy’s daughter:  can you imagine if he found out who I really was?  Farko looks a bit uncomfortable.  Gabe says no one would believe a fake show of reconciliation, and Farko says not too long ago no one would have believed Prick and Jack would become allies.  Gabe says that Farko is doing a helluva job with the olive branch he is holding out to Prick, especially since Gabe knows how much he wants to bring him down.  Gabe says:  believe me, I am right there with you.  Believe me, no one wants to see my father go down in flames more than I do.  BAM!

Farko quickly regroups and says, you are going to have to be smart here my friend.  As much as you want to see your father take a fall, you also care about Chelsea, that is the battle you have thrown yourself into.   Gabe acknowledges this.  Farko:  Adam Newman casts a long shadow.  Gabe:  I would give anything to be Chelsea’s husband again, and I have come this close to telling her the truth.  Farko warns Gabe that Chelz is his weakness, and that he cannot tell Chelz.  Gabe:  She holds me responsible for my part in it and keeping it a secret.  Farko: and yet you have been keeping a secret from her for months.  Gabe:  I can’t tell her.  Me being Gabriel Bingham is the only way I am going to get her back.   Farko:  Let’s hope we both get what we want.  Gabe: When you are ready, you say the word and we will rip this company away from Prick and you keep the whole thing for yourself.  I was surprised that they revealed this so quickly.  I thought Farko would be left wondering whether Gabe is Adam or some other son that Prick doesn't know about.  So it was good they finally revealed it.

Prick is in a public place of course, in a dark corner of the GCAC, and is talking to Island Cop about Jack, and IC conveys that he is pretty sure that Jack stowed away on a drug running ship.  Prick is tickled to hear this and says:  Oh let me wrap my thought around that.  You mean the head of the Abbott family, Jagabbid, is hidden amongst crates of heroin and cocaine?  I love that image, I am going to think about that for a long time. Now find him.  IC says they will chase them down the coast and to Peru.  Prick is tickled again to find out Jack will end up in Peru.  Farko shows up to meet with Prick and tells him he knows who Gabriel Bingham really is.  WTF?  Why is he spilling to Prick?  And Prick's continued sadistic enjoyment of the ordeal Jack is going through is really too much for me to take. He really is Stefano Dimera, but that guy is a ridiculous cartoon character.  So I guess this is the devolution of Pricktor.  

There’s a Ben/Abby/Ash storyline but it is almost too boring to mention especially in view of the Farko and Gabe stuff.  Basically Ben and Abby have the morning off and are hanging out at the rooftop pool bar lounge dining room spa.  Abby tells Ben that Kevin is still on the case and thinks there is still a killer out there.  Blah blah kissing, flirting.  Ben tells her that Ash has the hots for him but she cannot tell her mother that she knows.  So then of course when they go to work, she does exactly that.  Ash is pissed with Ben and says she wants to talk to him alone.  They talk, and a bottle of pills falls out of her purse and Ben says why are you taking these pills, they are heavy duty, and she tells him she’s having headaches and to mind his own beeswax.

Gabe tells Chelz that Farko will protect Chelz from Billy and from Ashley.  She thanks him.  Gabe says that Farko understands him much more than Prick ever did, and Chelz said that he sounded like Adam when he said that.  Sigh.  How many times will she have this realization before she figures it out.  Did he have his man-parts replaced too?

Previews:  Dylan to Sharon: Are you saying Avery is the real reason I haven’t moved in  here?  Prick to Sage:  What do you know about Gabriel’s relationship to his father?  Were they close?  On the ship, a beautiful woman walks into the hold and says to Jack:  Marco, it’s you! And then she goes over and kisses him.  He’s tied up again, of course.  Poor Jack.  And I assume the beautiful woman is Marco's love that he talked about earlier.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 15

Great recap, bannana.  Can't wait to have a look at this one.  I usually don't watch, unless the FF button is in my hand.  I did watch the intervention, and was surprised that Eric Braeden can still get it together occasionally.  Thanks so much for doing these - I love to peek.

• Love 7
(edited)

Farko quickly regroups and says, you are going to have to be smart here my friend.  As much as you want to see your father take a fall, you also care about Chelsea, that is the battle you have thrown yourself into.   Gabe acknowledges this.  Farko:  Adam Newman casts a long shadow.  Gabe:  I would give anything to be Chelsea’s husband again, and I have come this close to telling her the truth.  Farko warns Gabe that Chelz is his weakness, and that he cannot tell Chelz.  Gabe:  She holds me responsible for my part in it and keeping it a secret.  Farko: and yet you have been keeping a secret from her for months.  Gabe:  I can’t tell her.  Me being Gabriel Bingham is the only way I am going to get her back.   Farko:  Let’s hope we both get what we want.  Gabe: When you are ready, you say the word and we will rip this company away from Prick and you keep the whole thing for yourself.  I was surprised that they revealed this so quickly.  I thought Farko would be left wondering whether Gabe is Adam or some other son that Prick doesn't know about.  So it was good they finally revealed it.

bannana, I missed this part.^ Either I left the room, or I was too buzzed after Adam dropped the "my father" line--it was enough for me. Thanks for recapping their entire exchange. :) I have the show on my PVR, but I'm winding down for the night and don't feel like leaving my room.

Tomorrow should be interesting, though, with Victor going to see Sage.  Earlier this week she was concerned about staying on Victor's good side. I can only imagine what'll happen once he figures out that she's in on Adam's ruse.

movinon, like you, I enjoyed Victor in the intervention episode. I was actually delighted to see him do something beyond his usual glowering and mumbling. 

Edited by C76
  • Love 5
(edited)

The Farko-Gabe exchange was really nicely done. When Adam slipped in "my father" and Farko's face! Good stuff.

Farko shows up to meet with Prick and tells him he knows who Gabriel Bingham really is.  WTF?  Why is he spilling to Prick?  And Prick's continued sadistic enjoyment of the ordeal Jack is going through is really too much for me to take. He really is Stefano Dimera, but that guy is a ridiculous cartoon character.  So I guess this is the devolution of Pricktor.

I'm hoping Farko doesn't tell him the truth or uses the knowledge in some manner over Victor. 

I agree that this is too much for Victor. With Patty, Victor was removed from what she did and even shown to be seriously disturbed by her behaviour. With this story, he's either facilitating Jack's torture and/or amused by it. It's seriously off the rails. Who could ever root for Victor EVER AGAIN???? After weeks of horrific torture from Kelly (and believing he killed her) poor Jack's now being punched, slapped, chained up AGAIN and having his hair yanked by drug runners. (They are far more pleasant to watch than Kelly however. The captain I thought was great. Nice acting and nice looking.) But I want someone to clean Jack up and give him a nice non-manipulative hug. 

Jack says:  I killed you.  He says that he had her blood on his hands, she was cold.

I thought Jack said "I held you. You were cold." I think they are playing who killed Kelly with some ambiguity.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 8

Oh that Victor! What a lovable scamp, delighting in the family friendly adventures of Jack Abbott! Watch the impish prick smile as he imagines Kelly kidnapping and torturing and drugging Jack. Feel the cockles of your heart warm while Victor titters at the idea of Jack being trapped on a boat with ruthless drug dealers, criminals who on a primetime drama would have slit NotMarco's throat by now. See Victor sleep like a baby while the mother of his cherished granddaughter is raped by a doppelgänger and Jerko knocks off Austin and Courtney. Chuckle with amusement as old Cryptdick puts Gnome's daddy in mortal danger a few years after Nikki murdered the poor lawn ornament's mother.

I've never fucked my stalker before, but is that really a valid excuse for missing work? Should a person get a note from their stalker? I get so confused by corporate etiquette. Like, if you're employed by a company where you've sexed up two of your supervisors and a marketing muffin, who do you notify first about your chlamydia, the first woman you nailed or the lowest paid? Maybe you just go in alphabetical order?

• Love 14

I thought Jack said "I held you. You were cold." I think they are playing who killed Kelly with some ambiguity.

I think you are right miamama. I played it a few times and thought it was "I held you", but then later when Ghost Kelly said he "gutted her", I thought he must have said  "I killed you".  But my first instinct was "held" so I will fix that.  And I agree, he could believe he killed her but someone else did.  

• Love 5

Oh that Victor! What a lovable scamp, delighting in the family friendly adventures of Jack Abbott! Watch the impish prick smile as he imagines Kelly kidnapping and torturing and drugging Jack. Feel the cockles of your heart warm while Victor titters at the idea of Jack being trapped on a boat with ruthless drug dealers, criminals who on a primetime drama would have slit NotMarco's throat by now. See Victor sleep like a baby while the mother of his cherished granddaughter is raped by a doppelgänger and Jerko knocks off Austin and Courtney. Chuckle with amusement as old Cryptdick puts Gnome's daddy in mortal danger a few years after Nikki murdered the poor lawn ornament's mother.

I've never fucked my stalker before, but is that really a valid excuse for missing work? Should a person get a note from their stalker? I get so confused by corporate etiquette. Like, if you're employed by a company where you've sexed up two of your supervisors and a marketing muffin, who do you notify first about your chlamydia, the first woman you nailed or the lowest paid? Maybe you just go in alphabetical order?

Brilliant!

This Pricktor stuff has really got me flummoxed.  I just don't understand what they are doing here.  We have always seen Prick do reckless and devious things to even his own family members, but never something that would rise to the level of sadistic torture.  Although I guess being married to Patty could be that.  Maybe the point here is that this is the man he always has been and it has been couched in "I did it for my family".  He did lock up the guy who Julia was in love with in his basement, and he was quite sadistic with him.  And what he did to Billy putting him in a prison in Myanmar, is probably equally as bad but we didn't see him gloating about it.  Maybe he has always been a psychopath.  I wish Ghost John would visit him and kick him in the nuts.  

• Love 11

Sharon's fans think she is actually going to find some happiness?

Why would they do that when NO character has happiness. Why should or would Sharon get happiness. Pratt does not do happy and he has confirmed that he loves Crazy Sharon so that is who I expect to see a lot of. I think Pratt means to keep her cuckoo for a long time. He has called her crazy in a few of his interviews and I don't see it stopping any time soon. Pratt does not do happily ever after for anyone.

• Love 2
(edited)

that makes it even more disgusting to me that writers would give Sharon a mental illness and then use it as entertainment. There are no words.

Crazy people have been a soap staple for years and years. Pratt sure is not the first to make fun of mental illness. Crazy Patty got it for years and I never saw the complaints until it was Sharon getting the crazy story.

Edited by crosby777
(edited)

Crazy people have been a soap staple for years and years. Pratt sure is not the first to make fun of mental illness. Crazy Patty got it for years and I never saw the complaints until it was Sharon getting the crazy story.

I think the difference is Patty was a transient character specifically brought in for a unique storyline and a tragic ending and then it is gone. Sharon is a heritage character and the outcome should be better, the viewers/fans expect her to feel better just like we do ourselves when/if faced with a similar illness.  We want to see her get diagnosed, be put on meds, have the occasional slip to reinforce the meds work but overall she moves on with her life seamlessly without a stigma attached to her forever.  Sharon could be any one of us.....

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 12

Well said Foghorn. I was disturbed by Patty's story and wrote emails to the network similar to the ones I am writing for Sharon's treatment. It has nothing to do with which character is involved but the level of disturbing material.

• Love 9

Why would they do that when NO character has happiness.

You hit the nail on the head as to why this show isn't particularly entertaining.  I know that ALL characters being drama free and happy would be boring as hell, but can't someone be somewhat happy, even for a little while?

• Love 8

There are two categories of soap crazy.

1. Generic Soap Insanity. Characters who suffer from this are never diagnosed with a specific illness, never see a therapist, and haven't spent time in a treatment facility. Their behavior runs the gamut from outright criminal behavior to snapping after a rejection. The GSI typically rears its ugly head when the plot demands it. Kelly is an example of this. Her character was all over the map, going from classy and functional to obsessed to outright violent and delusional. As far as the audience knows, she wasn't suffering from any real world disease, so her insanity could manifest itself however the storyline needed it to. This is the kind of crazy that's been a soap staple for decades.

2. Real Mental Illness. Self-explanatory. A character is diagnosed with a specific condition that has a specific course of treatment. A not insignificant number of viewers will know someone dealing with that illness or are living with it themselves. Watching a character be stigmatized and mocked and exploited can be realistic, as our society is quite ignorant about mental illness. The offense occurs when the mockers and exploiters are shown to be in the right and we're expected to applaud their callous behavior. Sharon was given bipolar disorder, and the writers need to deal with it. Nobody's asking for an afterschool special, preachy PSA type storyline; we're just asking for basic human decency. Acting like bipolar individuals are one missed pill away from brutally murdering puppies is grossly irresponsible. I would bet Victor Newman's bank account that the writers wouldn't heap abuse on diabetics, asthmatics, or hemophiliacs, but the mentally ill are fair game and this show isn't going to disabuse anyone of that prejudice.

There is a reason why no one here was protesting Patty's story on the show, and it's that this board didn't exist back then. It exists now, when Sharon is the whipping girl du jour, which is why her cruel treatment is the major focus of people's ire. If the writers wanted to make Sharon interesting and entertaining with wacky hijinks or wild schemes that irritate the ever-living fuck out of Genoa City, they had Generic Soap Insanity in their shitty sack of tropes. The show made its bipolar bed and now the show has to lie in it.

• Love 21