Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
desertflower

Beyond 90210: Cast members in the media and other roles

Recommended Posts

On 5/15/2021 at 3:25 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I originally shared this in the One Tree Hill thread:

 

So I was listening to the Beverly Hills 90210 Show podcast, and our own Paul Johansson  aka John Sears, was aiming to be an Olympic basketball player for Canada! He was cut a few weeks before the 1988 Olympics in Seoul, and that’s why he decided to go into acting. His role on OTH makes so much sense although we didn’t see Dan physically play a lot, but Paul would have the technical knowledge of the game which would help him in the part. 
 

It makes sense why John Sears was way more built than any guy who had shown up on 90210, and was taller even than Ian Ziering. 

It's funny when you think about now that guys on teen dramas are now expected to be built like professional athletes when that wasn't the case back in the 90's. They couldn't be fat, of course, but now they need to look like they could be athletes even if the character isn't supposed to be one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

It's funny when you think about now that guys on teen dramas are now expected to be built like professional athletes when that wasn't the case back in the 90's. They couldn't be fat, of course, but now they need to look like they could be athletes even if the character isn't supposed to be one.

Yes, watching old 90210 episodes I was kind of amazed at how SKINNY the guys were. Of course there is nothing wrong with being skinny, but now male love interests are supposed to look like models. Body building wasnt super mainstream in the 90s, but even on Jenni/Tori's podcast they talk about how small Jason Priestley's waist was!

The guys, outside of Ian Ziering who was the most muscular (I do think he is just a "bigger guy" not big "fat" but broad) were all slim normal looking guys with handsome faces. 

After being cut from the Olympic Team, Paul was told he had a nice look and should go into acting/sports modeling- which was excellent advice because dude had EXCELLENT bone structure, and was so well formed (physically), plus the skills from basketball.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/3/2021 at 8:38 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Yes, watching old 90210 episodes I was kind of amazed at how SKINNY the guys were. Of course there is nothing wrong with being skinny, but now male love interests are supposed to look like models. Body building wasnt super mainstream in the 90s, but even on Jenni/Tori's podcast they talk about how small Jason Priestley's waist was!

The guys, outside of Ian Ziering who was the most muscular (I do think he is just a "bigger guy" not big "fat" but broad) were all slim normal looking guys with handsome faces. 

After being cut from the Olympic Team, Paul was told he had a nice look and should go into acting/sports modeling- which was excellent advice because dude had EXCELLENT bone structure, and was so well formed (physically), plus the skills from basketball.

I wonder if being a 90s kid has affected my taste in men. Physical strength is super sexy, but I still think skinny men can be hot. A tall guy with a handsome face who's not fat, not a stick, maybe has some light muscle tone, sign me up!

Ian has a great body. He's muscular but doesn't look too OTT. I'm not into The Rock look.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

I wonder if being a 90s kid has affected my taste in men. Physical strength is super sexy, but I still think skinny men can be hot. A tall guy with a handsome face who's not fat, not a stick, maybe has some light muscle tone, sign me up!

Ian has a great body. He's muscular but doesn't look too OTT. I'm not into The Rock look.

I’m a 90s kid too- Ian did have a nice body. (Still does, and I love blondes!) The Rock has a super handsome face, but his movie look is too hard to keep up day to day. He probably looks better in real life. 
 

I like the very muscled look. I say that I don’t have a firm muscular body, so it’s my duty to have sex with men with firm muscular bodies to be able to experience it. 🤣 

I don’t like skinny men, I’d prefer extra body fat than too lean. 
 

I would say the best looking guys in the cast were Ian Ziering, Paul Johnson  and Cress Williams (not in that order)- but this is my own personal taste coming through. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m a 90s kid too- Ian did have a nice body. (Still does, and I love blondes!) The Rock has a super handsome face, but his movie look is too hard to keep up day to day. He probably looks better in real life. 
 

I like the very muscled look. I say that I don’t have a firm muscular body, so it’s my duty to have sex with men with firm muscular bodies to be able to experience it. 🤣 

I don’t like skinny men, I’d prefer extra body fat than too lean. 
 

I would say the best looking guys in the cast were Ian Ziering, Paul Johnson  and Cress Williams (not in that order)- but this is my own personal taste coming through. 

Dylan and Noah were my faves. You really couldn’t go wrong with any of the 90210 guys. Even young David grew up to be quite hot. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size