Type keyword(s) to search

TAR on DVD or download

• Start Topic

I got a notification that season 21 has shipped. Sure enough, it is now available in both dvd and blu ray.  Oddly enough, still nothing about season 20 yet. Oh well, 21 was the far superior season and that will give me something to watch over the Xmas TV break.

Also, season 22 is up for pre order. Joey and Megan and Dave and Connor bumped Max and Katie and the roller derby girls off the cover. Gotta shake my head at that one. The two teams bumped off were in my opinion the most memorable of the season.

4 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

I got a notification that season 21 has shipped. Sure enough, it is now available in both dvd and blu ray.  Oddly enough, still nothing about season 20 yet. Oh well, 21 was the far superior season and that will give me something to watch over the Xmas TV break.

Also, season 22 is up for pre order. Joey and Megan and Dave and Connor bumped Max and Katie and the roller derby girls off the cover. Gotta shake my head at that one. The two teams bumped off were in my opinion the most memorable of the season.

And also have season 23 in pre order as well.

On 11/10/2016 at 11:38 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

Rabbi, is there some reason you want a physical DVD rather than just watching the seasons on Amazon Prime?

I'm the same way, and I also purchase the digital download of episodes that are available the day after broadcast (of which I own season 13 dowrward from I-Tunes. Amazon Prime has all the seasons available for Prime members, ns I am working on getting digital downlaodsof seasons 1 through 12,even though i have the DVDs. This way, I have copies on my personal WD Cloud external drive on my home wifi, and can watch those on my PC notebooks or on my IPad..

• Love 1
On 7/5/2016 at 2:29 AM, BK1978 said:

I really should buy seasons two and three as they are the only seasons I did not see.  Well I saw the final episode of season three and that is what hooked me in the first place but I only saw that first episode. 

They are two of the best along with Seasons 1 and 5 for me.  I know I'm replying to an old post.  Just hope you got those seasons and enjoyed them.

Season 20 has finally shipped and is available to order, a couple months after 21. Not looking forward to seeing Brendan and Rachel again, but maybe time has healed old wounds.

Edited by TheRabbi
3 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

Season 20 has finally shipped and is available to order, a couple months after 21. Not looking forward to seeing Brendan and Rachel again, but maybe time has healed old wounds.

Amazon handled this one poorly. The notification of the release date comes overnight and they're billing you for shipment, also overnight, at the same time. And when you want to double check the order from six months ago, the order isn't available so you can update the billing method.  (And the season 20 DVDs are shown as already available on the product page. How strange can they handle things like that?

Hopefully Amazon does a better job with seasons 22 and 23 even though we don't have a release date for those yet, either.

Edited by theschnauzers
  • Love 1

Just a heads up that seasons 24, 25, and 26 are all up for preorder at Amazon. Hopefully this means 22 and 23 are shipping out soon.

I preordered 24 and 25, both of which have their good moments. I'm struggling to want season 26 (blind dates!), though I will probably get it for completionist's sake at some point.

Edited by TheRabbi
17 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

I preordered 24 and 25, both of which have their good moments. I'm struggling to want season 26 (blind dates!), though I will probably get it for completionist's sake at some point.

TAR25 has more than "good moments."  It's actually almost all good from start to finish.

I agree it's a better season. But I know season 24 is almost universally despised, but there are some good moments in there (the UCLA band opening for instance), so I felt the need to justify that they both have good qualities. 

I got notice from Amazon that 22-25 are ALL shipping this week. Not what my credit card was hoping for, but oh well. I'm glad to now have something to watch over the holiday TV lull. Here's hoping there's some better quality control on the discs this time.

Wow, after browsing Amazon, both 26, and now even 27 are available and in stock to purchase! That's 6 seasons getting released at the same time, after having just 20 and 21 for the past almost 2 years.  Grab em up. When my 22-25 get here, I'm going to start by trying every disc to test the quality control. I ordered blurays instead of dvds this time.

Edited by TheRabbi

I caved and ordered 27 as well. Looking forward to watching some of these again. And as for the ranking of the just released seasons, I've gotta go 22 - 25 - 27 - 23 - 24 - 26. We'll see if it changes as my memory gets refreshed. 26 isn' going anywhere though. 

9 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

And as for the ranking of the just-released seasons, I've gotta go 22 - 25 - 27 - 23 - 24 - 26.

Oh, I would never rank TAR22 before TAR25 or TAR27.  Ever.  Great cast, good route . . . but perhaps one of the most predictable results ever due to some of the dumbest, most strategy-devoid teams ever.

At least TAR25 and TAR27 were unpredictable seasons.

Seasons 28 and 29 are now available on DVD through Amazon. Doesnt appear to be a bluray release (yet), which the other HD seasons 18-27 have all had, so I wonder if that is due to lack of interest/sales or if it's still coming. I went ahead and ordered 28, since I really enjoyed that one. I'm sure I'll get 29 at some point, since I'm a completionist.

On 1/20/2015 at 10:11 PM, cherrypj said:

I'm guessing there are no captions at Hulu Plus, either.

Way old topic and question, but...

I've been watching the old seasons on Hulu for a while now, and there have been captions on every episode.  (Not sure about S1; I skipped that one in the rewatch since I own the DVDs.)  Sometimes, the CC even covered the yellow captions the Amazing Editors had originally added.

This may not have been the case when this was asked... 4 years ago(?!? Man, I am late on this info.), but it is the case now.

16 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Way old topic and question, but...

I've been watching the old seasons on Hulu for a while now, and there have been captions on every episode.  (Not sure about S1; I skipped that one in the rewatch since I own the DVDs.)  Sometimes, the CC even covered the yellow captions the Amazing Editors had originally added.

This may not have been the case when this was asked... 4 years ago(?!? Man, I am late on this info.), but it is the case now.

You're 100% right! I went from paying CBS, to Amazon Prime, and now Hulu. I haven't been watching TAR, but I do watch Survivor on Hulu, and the captions are present.

Season 30 is now available on DVD at Amazon. 

In my opinion, its nice to have a 1 time expense of $30 to own something forever, rather than worry about the constantly changing streaming services and what I need to be subscribed to to watch something. Will have the whole TAR series on DVD soon!

• Love 3
On 12/14/2016 at 3:40 PM, TheRabbi said:

I'm guessing Joey and Meghan being YouTubers had something to do with them getting on the cover