Type keyword(s) to search

Whatever Happened to the Old Haunt and Other Show Related Mysteries

Deeda

I noticed several people mentioned wanting a General Discussion topic, so I started one!  This will be for all kinds of Castle talk that doesn't belong in any of the episode topics.

Bringing the why don't they do joint interviews discussion over here.

I don't know if the rumors are true that they don't do joint interviews because of crazy shippers or not.   But, assuming in arguendo it is true, I am not going to tell an actor to suck it up and do the interviews.   Each person has to decide for themselves what they feel safe doing.   ANd if either Nathan or Stana feel safer not doing joint interviews that is their decision.   They can promote the show just fine without doing joint interviews.  If the show requires joint interviews to save it, then they got bigger troubles than how the stars promote the show.  I am not going to demand of the actors they do joint interviews or else.   To me that is almost as bad as the crazy shippers.  These are people -- not puppets.   They don't perform to the commands of the fans -- positive or negative.

• Love 1

Exactly!  I am of the opinion that they did the joint interviews and press at the beginning when they were trying to get Castle off the ground.  It was a mid-season replacement with only 10 episodes called for, and more important at that time to ensure people would know about the show.   Now, it really isn't 'necessary' though it may be desired by fans. 

Bringing the why don't they do joint interviews discussion over here.

I don't know if the rumors are true that they don't do joint interviews because of crazy shippers or not.   But, assuming in arguendo it is true, I am not going to tell an actor to suck it up and do the interviews.   Each person has to decide for themselves what they feel safe doing.   ANd if either Nathan or Stana feel safer not doing joint interviews that is their decision.   They can promote the show just fine without doing joint interviews.  If the show requires joint interviews to save it, then they got bigger troubles than how the stars promote the show.  I am not going to demand of the actors they do joint interviews or else.   To me that is almost as bad as the crazy shippers.  These are people -- not puppets.   They don't perform to the commands of the fans -- positive or negative.

merylinkid - I agree with you. They are adults and if they don't feel comfortable doing it, making them seems like it would be counter productive. On the flip side - I do see why people think that they should. I personally am not bothered by their lack of interviews, but I get why people think that there may be some sort of rift or animosity between them simply because they rarely acknowledge each other. I'm not sure what people want (or are expecting) from a joint interview however... I'm wondering if people think that by having them sit down and talk about Castle it will somehow prove one way or another that they are (or are not) friends. I would love to get the opinion of someone who really wants an interview with both of them. 

(edited)

They are adults working for a TV studio.  Sometimes adults have to do things that aren't their favorite things for the sake of their jobs.  People tend to put TV stars into a special category, on a pedestal, perhaps.  I don't happen to be one of those people.

They didn't even do a joint interview at their 100th episode party. I don't think it's strange at all to find that odd.

As I said in the other thread, the ship has sailed.  I think people who will attribute their odd behavior (other shows do it far into a successful run) to personal angst with each other have that belief set in stone, so it's too late.  The angst between them is enough assumed that magazines ask them about it.  I don't think it's just me.

I'm going to be mouth-agape shocked if this show runs to a Season 8, so it definitely doesn't matter from a marketing perspective.  Nathan, at least, probably has better offers already in the works. 

Hey maybe Nathan's visit to Canada and Lana Parillo was about a Mal Reynolds incorporation into Once Upon a Time ;-).  Stranger things have happened.

Edited by TVWithPity

Hey maybe Nathan's visit to Canada and Lana Parillo was about a Mal Reynolds incorporation into Once Upon a Time ;-).  Stranger things have happened.

Don't even tease me like that. My  heart can't take that kind of hope! :)

• Love 1

With the way they're fitting everyone and their brother into the OUAT cast, having Mal Reynolds come up wouldn't shock me at all.

But eh, I think Nathan is content. He's got a steady, starring role and barring some sort of shock, I don't think he's got anything in the works and I think that's fine with him for now. He's likely to stick with Castle until ABC cancels it and that's completely dependent on S7.

As far as joint Stana/Nathan interviews - if they really fear for their safety because of them, then it's best that they don't do them. It's not a secret that any SO that Nathan might be with gets a ton of crap from the shippers and that Stana felt she had to beef up her security because of some undisclosed incident. A few crazies ruin it for everyone and that's unfortunate, but if that's the section of the fandom that is most vocal, then I don't think they owe us anything. It's too bad that it is so far gone that people are always going to think they hate each other, though.

• Love 1

Well I'm ready for Nathan to do something new even if he's not!  LOL.  I have no idea exactly why, but the BTS dynamic on that show just feels weirder than other shows and for me it translates to awkward acting for all the cast.  These days I really find myself watching while at least symbolically covering my face and peeking between two fingers.   Of course, the "love scenes" are the worst.  They are another ship that's sailed for me.  I really don't enjoy the "romance" anymore, because I'm constantly waiting for the moment to be ruined with a punchline. 

I also think Nathan is better as a full-time buffoon rather than a true love interest (see Two Guys).  He is undoubtedly attractive enough, it's just that it isn't HIM.  He does comedy best, I think. He should play a superficial funny guy actor with a constantly changing girlfriend....you know, the person he plays in real life -- or at least what his Twitter persona shows.   Honestly I think Twitter is only good for stars if they let their publicists handle the posts. 

• Love 1
He should play a superficial funny guy actor with a constantly changing girlfriend....you know, the person he plays in real life

This is mad me, literally, laugh out loud! Don't forget whisking them on a trip to the Maldives.

Castle and Beckett kiss like two pre-teens just learning how. The just press their lips together and that's it. For 5-6 seconds. PS: I barely noticed that b/c those rare kisses are always dark. Fans should send light bulbs to Raleigh Studios. B/c Castle set obviously needs them. 

Well I'm ready for Nathan to do something new even if he's not!  LOL.  I have no idea exactly why, but the BTS dynamic on that show just feels weirder than other shows and for me it translates to awkward acting for all the cast.  These days I really find myself watching while at least symbolically covering my face and peeking between two fingers.   Of course, the "love scenes" are the worst.  They are another ship that's sailed for me.  I really don't enjoy the "romance" anymore, because I'm constantly waiting for the moment to be ruined with a punchline. 

I also think Nathan is better as a full-time buffoon rather than a true love interest (see Two Guys).  He is undoubtedly attractive enough, it's just that it isn't HIM.  He does comedy best, I think. He should play a superficial funny guy actor with a constantly changing girlfriend....you know, the person he plays in real life -- or at least what his Twitter persona shows.   Honestly I think Twitter is only good for stars if they let their publicists handle the posts. 

I'm ready for him to move on too, I'd be shocked out my shoes if he signs on for S8. I like the guy and I want to see him enthused again with his acting and he is not getting anything from the Castle writers that is firing him up creatively and it shows. The character feels dull and flat. 

Watching Castle's disinterest in Beckett last season (and the season before) at times was painful and embarrassing to witness and nothing like the Castle of old I just don't get it. Since they've hooked up I'm getting sadly used to waiting for some slapstick comedy routine or forced interruption to ruin whatever romantic moment might be in the offing. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm ready for him to move on too, I'd be shocked out my shoes if he signs on for S8. I like the guy and I want to see him enthused again with his acting and he is not getting anything from the Castle writers that is firing him up creatively and it shows. The character feels dull and flat. 

Watching Castle's disinterest in Beckett last season (and the season before) at times was painful and embarrassing to witness and nothing like the Castle of old I just don't get it. Since they've hooked up I'm getting sadly used to waiting for some slapstick comedy routine or forced interruption to ruin whatever romantic moment might be in the offing. 

I'm with you.  People blame Marlowe and the writers for the lackluster character Castle has become.  Don't get me wrong -- they are very much to blame. Castle is effectively a one-dimensional cardboard cutout -- hey, just like the life-sized cutout he takes to book signings!  and the blame for that should sit squarely in Marlowe's lap.....  But casting means everything to a part and now they've effectively cast someone who doesn't care about his boring character.  Can you blame him?  But it makes everything much worse if the actor doesn't even try to pump a little life into the lifeless baggage his character has become. It's a synergy of mediocrity, the whole of the lameness being much greater than the parts. It's time for Nathan to move on.  Maybe next season we should trend #NathanMoveOn as a Twitter tag, LOL.  I love him.  I would just love him more in something else.

I agree with your second point as well  For 4 seasons Castle had never been anything but intense about Beckett.  Now he's got her and doesn't want her anymore, without prodding??  What a fickle little creep he is. 

Edited by TVWithPity
  • Love 2

I agree with your second point as well  For 4 seasons Castle had never been anything but intense about Beckett.  Now he's got her and doesn't want her anymore, without prodding??  What a fickle little creep he is. 

It feels OOC to me that he's even behaving like this, I don't buy into this transformation to someone who is now acting oblivious to her needs and has to be almost dragged off to have sex.  I don't know who the writers are trying to kid but it's not believable, not with this guy.  I feel like he's been lobotomised, the writers are to be blame ultimately though for this bizarre change. May be they decided they needed to tone down his behaviour once he got the girl after all that chasing and make Beckett the one instigating things romantically but unfortunately it's gone too far the other way. 

• Love 1

Castle acts like the guy that chased the girl, got the girl, and now doesn't feel the need to make an effort b.c he can have the girl anytime he wants. That is, in my opinion, why Beckett was afraid/cautious of being w. Castle. That he'd bed her, lose interest, and leave her. While he hasn't left her, he acts like a man who doesn't feel like he needs to put forth the effort anymore. And that is Andrew W. Marlowe's fault. Fix it. 

• Love 1

I wish they would fix it but I don't think they going to and I expect to see the same thing next season. Marlowe seems quite happy with the dynamic that's been set up between Castle and Beckett now they're together, Beckett calls the shots in and out of the bedroom nowadays, Castle is mainly a passive presence. 

(edited)

I didn't watch the finale of The Mentalist but I presume it did give fans what they wanted.

It is refreshing to hear a showrunner openly saying they want to try and please the fans and that you actively believe him when he says it, in comparison to Marlowe who I don't trust further than I could throw him and that was before the finale aired. Seems from that article Jane and Lisbon are at the "Always" stage at this point, I hope they deal with the aftermath better than Marlowe did.

As for the shared loving looks, yeah they've been at a premium on Castle and sadly it's mostly been the guy letting the side down. Kate's been great at them which only makes it worse when her supposedly doting and loving fiancé looks interested in everything else but her. It's a total romance killer when one person is not looking at the other one in the same way or appears distracted or oblivious for some inexplicable reason. It doesn't matter if the words are romantic it's the little things like holding eye contact, gestures etc if they're not also present then it negates the romantic aspect and makes everything feel off and awkward. That's happened too many times on Castle over the last season or so. And it's bizarre that no one has ever sorted it out when it seems blatantly obvious to me there's a problem that needs correcting.

Edited by verdana

Here's a link to a guy who was on the Castle set as a guest star and he talks about filming with Stana and Nathan.

Memories from the Sets and here is the direct link to his post as he's been a few different shows. 

And coming towards the end of the hiatus already for the writers, they are certainly going to have their work cut out recovering from that finale.

Dara Creasey @DaraCreasey  ·  May 30
Last weekday of hiatus. Picked up Toddler at school and off to Cheesecake Factory for dinner complete w/ ice cream sundae. #bestworstmomever

Sniffle. But I see the conversation continues ::squee::

I've never seen any chemistry between Jane and Lisbon, but I have watched the show for years with the same reservations I have with Bones (not particularly impressed by the leading female actor) and for the same reasons (but I do like that there's follow-through and consequences for the darker strands of a mostly light show, and I do like the supporting cast. Also, I have a soft spot for Simon Baker. He does tortured genius so very well.) Haven't seen the finale yet (I like it, but it's a binge show for me, which I suspect Castle may become next year) but the buzz around it seems to be good.

I don't think there has ever been anything terribly original about Castle's formula. Following through on the promise that it was really just a romantic comedy masquerading as a procedural, now *that* would have been original. But I also don't need a show to be 'original', I just need a bit of spark between the leads, some cheeky sidekicks, and sharp dialogue and I'm there. Castle used to have that in spades, but I think as time has gone on, it's become obvious that Marlowe had the idea and the control, but the sparkle was coming from others who have now, sadly, left. OTOH, I did like the eps the newbies did this year, probably in fact the best of the lot, so if he can find a few more of those next year....and then refrain from f*£&ing cliffhangers....

I think my overall wish for S7 is that it's the last, and they are made aware of that early enough to pull the finger out and tell whatever grand story it is they've been trying so hard NOT to tell for the last two years.

I want s7 to be the last because I think if pushed they could squeeze one good (hell may be even great) season out of everyone before winding it up. What I fear instead is that Nathan and Stana will decide to stick around and the show will drive itself into the ground very painfully. I still really care about the characters and I'm probably way too invested in the show for my own good and I want it to bow out with dignity. The idea of having to watch Marlowe faff around ineptly for another two or three more seasons whilst merrily changing the characters backstory on a whim whenever he feels like generating cheap drama fills me with dread.

• Love 1

I trust no showrunner completely. B/c guess what? Everyone spent all summer praising Marlowe after Always and look where we are now. Marlowe said about pleasing the fans and yada yada. I don't watch The Mentalist and don't know the track record of it's showrunner but like I said .. I trust no showrunner. 

I trust no showrunner completely. B/c guess what? Everyone spent all summer praising Marlowe after Always and look where we are now.

I remember that summer well, all the hope for future and what they could do now the couple was together. Hell, the first part of season 5 upto Christmas Hiatus was good overall, especially the first 5 episodes. The episodes after upto to the 100th had them acting like they were friends more than lovers and many missed story opportunities.

Now, she's literally throwing herself at him, and he 'd rather finish the game. Next season, I expect him to be enjoying a particularly good sandwich.

Please don't give them ideas!

I want s7 to be the last because I think if pushed they could squeeze one good (hell may be even great) season out of everyone before winding it up. What I fear instead is that Nathan and Stana will decide to stick around and the show will drive itself into the ground very painfully.

If they don't do a photoshoot this season for promo, it could indicate that this is the final season. I know a lot of shows that don't get a final season photoshoot but the network doesn't announce it being the final season until a lot later on. I cannot see Nathan signing on for extra seasons anyway.

(edited)

What insensitive does Nathan have for staying past his contracted 7th season? I think Stana is a great actress and the centric episode Beckett has this season were great and she was fantastic! However I want more Castle centric episode. I want to see him be in danger and have Beckett be there for him! Nathan does comedy well but he can do drama just as well, just give him the chance, Marlowe! 

The money is great but as an actor I'm sure Nathan wants to be equally challenged as well as paid great for doing it. He's said that. Not the pay part but the being challenged as an actor. Write and he will deliver Marlowe! Give your actors a reason to want and stay past their contracts. 

Edited by Samantha84

I am REALLY hoping that MilMar has written their last script together.  Separately or with other collaborators scripts were totally different, and with the Banter of the Creasey's, Rob Hanning already proven as well as TPW it is time for the Showrunner to concentrate on the budget so as he said in his interview, they won't be running on fumes financially at then end of this season.  Terri can find something to do, just keep her and AMW away from interviews, more harm than good with their arrogance IMHO.  I hope they can turn things around, but there are lot's of fans who have AM on a short leash, especially with the Fall completion on other networks in this time slot.  In Marlowe I trust is not being bantered around as much as it was, BUT I still get my share of how can U be a fan if you don't trust his new mythology.  To me, I will wait and see, but I doubt AMW has the genius to create something that is going to sustain both actors, (if one leaves the series is over) and the fans. 

I had a sick feeling on one of AMW quotes concerning NF, that he does not have to pull a Dr. Who and re-invent the Castle character, since NF is signed for S7, we will have to see going forward

I am REALLY hoping that MilMar has written their last script together.  Separately or with other collaborators scripts were totally different, and with the Banter of the Creasey's, Rob Hanning already proven as well as TPW it is time for the Showrunner to concentrate on the budget so as he said in his interview, they won't be running on fumes financially at then end of this season.  Terri can find something to do, just keep her and AMW away from interviews, more harm than good with their arrogance IMHO.  I hope they can turn things around, but there are lot's of fans who have AM on a short leash, especially with the Fall completion on other networks in this time slot.  In Marlowe I trust is not being bantered around as much as it was, BUT I still get my share of how can U be a fan if you don't trust his new mythology.  To me, I will wait and see, but I doubt AMW has the genius to create something that is going to sustain both actors, (if one leaves the series is over) and the fans. 

I had a sick feeling on one of AMW quotes concerning NF, that he does not have to pull a Dr. Who and re-invent the Castle character, since NF is signed for S7, we will have to see going forward

*Looks around at new location*  I was formerly Tripp3235 at TWoP. Notice I dropped the numbers because I prefer just using Tripp if possible.

I was surprised at how soon they come back to start work (middle of July).  I wonder given the way Castle's S6 ended will NF have some extra time off. They might want to milk his being presumed dead for awhile (which I would hate).

If they don't do a photoshoot this season for promo, it could indicate that this is the final season. I know a lot of shows that don't get a final season photoshoot but the network doesn't announce it being the final season until a lot later on. I cannot see Nathan signing on for extra seasons anyway.

I'm kind of intrigued how they're going to play it if they do one bearing in mind they defaulted on the wedding and then you've got that silly cliffhanger. The whole finale felt like a regression for the couple unlike previous seasons where you had positive forward movement but not this time. I wonder if they dare do a wedding theme?

What insensitive does Nathan have for staying past his contracted 7th season? I think Stana is a great actress and the centric episode Beckett has this season were great and she was fantastic! However I want more Castle centric episode. I want to see him be in danger and have Beckett be there for him! Nathan does comedy well but he can do drama just as well, just give him the chance, Marlowe! 

The money is great but as an actor I'm sure Nathan wants to be equally challenged as well as paid great for doing it. He's said that. Not the pay part but the being challenged as an actor. Write and he will deliver Marlowe! Give your actors a reason to want and stay past their contracts. 

Castle is in danger now by the looks of it so Nathan should get something to stretch his acting chops with any luck even if it's only for an episode or two.  I hope if they go down the kidnapped route (and I can't see any other option TBH) that the audience see it from both sides not just take it from Beckett's POV. That would be a mistake, they can't not have Nathan in an episode that just would cause all sorts of problems but I do wonder as Tripp has mentioned whether this storyline did come about because Nathan needed some time off for some project so they scheduled accordingly so he will appear but only sparingly.  That would not be a good start to the season, even during the DC arc they made sure he was around.   

(edited)

I really hope they give Nathan more to do this season. I was just watching Firefly/Serenity- The Premiere and once again saw what he can do with decent dialogue: facing down villans, taking charge of situations, producing heat (both with Morena Baccarin as intended and with Jewel Staite which was probably not), encouraging the troops, making the watcher as dismayed by betrayal as Mal Reynolds was.

Then I watched this from Saving Private Ryan--

- and was so sad about how his abilities are being wasted.

Hmm how does one add a link here 

youtube.com/watch?v=BA1Qz8kHops

Did that work?

Edited by femmefan1946
  • Love 2

Verdana said:

I hope if they go down the kidnapped route (and I can't see any other option TBH) that the audience see it from both sides not just take it from Beckett's POV.

This! Yes, totally agree. I.E:Beckett and co deal w. Castle's "death" but the audience knows & sees Castle alive. For me, that's the only way this situation can remotely work. If they play it from only Beckett's POV .. what a waste.

CBS has moved NCIS:LA to Mondays at 10pm. Love that show. It combines drama, action, comedy, and a budding romance between their OTP. I've already said that I'll watch that live and DVR Castle. After that season finale, Marlowe doesn't deserve my live viewing & live tweets. I know my one self won't make an impact but .. how I feel. 

Yes, Shane needs to tighten up Densi in the new season. But at least w. NCIS:LA all characters have storlines and don't always wait for a special episode to get a line or two. Hell NCIS:LA had 2 centric episodes w. their M.E and that character is a guest star. NCIS:LA is better at balances more than one storyline and incorporation. 
I only mention NCIS:LA b/c it's going to be up against Castle this coming season. 

First, notice the difference in the tone of the showrunner and his appreciation of the fans. Then scroll down. There's a video where Lisbon brings Jane a cup of tea. Now, this is not a sex scene. This is not a hot and heavy scene. They're at work. But..check out the look on that man's face when she says she likes the couch. I mean, really look. I went back to early episodes, and found him looking at her the same way. In this show, the palpable chemistry between the leads has only gotten stronger. When I contrast that with Beckett and Castle, I just want to hang my head. THIS Is how a man looks at the woman he loves. 

I don't really see any chemistry between those two (at least not in that scene linked, I've never watched the show).  But I agree with you about Castle not always looking at Beckett like he loves her.  He does sometimes, just not all the time.

Well, this showrunner, as well as the female lead, promised us most of the fans would be happy with the finale, and we were. 

Well, to be fair, you could have said the same thing about Castle two years ago.  I hope for Mentalist fans that he actually delivers on his promises for next season.

Didn't they do promo pics with Stana going into Season 4? No one really expected Beckett to be dead, just like no one expects Castle to be dead. 

If the writers are back tomorrow (that seems really fast), how soon do we expect spoilers?  

Someone mentioned that not doing a promo photoshoot might be a sign that the show wouldn't continue past Season 7.

Another issue is the layoffs.  They laid off @MetaV (Twitter) during her maternity leave, which means it was part of a true down-sizing, otherwise she could sue.   Does it mean the show is consolidating because TPTB know that they have to come up with money for raises, or does it mean they know they aren't going to get great advertising money this season?  Or does it mean they're preparing to end the show.  Interesting

(edited)

Someone mentioned that not doing a promo photoshoot might be a sign that the show wouldn't continue past Season 7.

Another issue is the layoffs.  They laid off @MetaV (Twitter) during her maternity leave, which means it was part of a true down-sizing, otherwise she could sue.   Does it mean the show is consolidating because TPTB know that they have to come up with money for raises, or does it mean they know they aren't going to get great advertising money this season?  Or does it mean they're preparing to end the show.  Interesting

I did wonder about that when someone posted her tweet. David Grae a long term writer left too and I'm not sure he's been replaced as yet may be he will but if he isn't then that's again more consolidation.  And Marlowe I'm sure mentioned in one post finale interview of course running on fumes towards the end of the season. The budget always seems to have been a bit of an issue, it was brought up when they did Still because ABC put them in a difficult position with a late order of an episode and they had to somehow fit it in on the existing budget.  But it just goes to show you it's not about the budget available because Still is one of the most popular episodes with the fans and considering they seem to waste so much on expensive wedding dresses and other items I'm not sure I have much sympathy. 

I would rather they had spent their time crafting a decent story than spending cash on hiring guest stars to play strippers, bikers and assorted characters I didn't give a hoot about and concentrated on the main players and their emotions leading up to the big day.  

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
(edited)

So is his brother there. Any idea who the young man is?

Family by the looks of it. 

God I love scruffy Nathan now why can't we have some of that on Castle! Considering the guy has probably been kidnapped would his captor(s) let him shave...I think not.

gibbster_15

4 hours ago

Met up with the cousins at Grandma's 90th #nathanfillion

http://instagram.com/p/ouag0KFRJN/

rustytractor71

6 hours ago

My daughters10th Birthday. Picture with#NathanFillion. It was also Nathan's Grandmas 90th birthday. A great time was had bye all and Nathan took the time to talk to everyone. Proud to be#Canadian

http://instagram.com/p/ouSFdWQNoI/

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I agree. I'd rather have great story than spending money on stunt casting and other BS that does nothing story wise.  
They can start by downsizing Beckett's wardrobe. She doesn't have to wear rags but put her in economic friendly clothes and allow the character to wear things more than once, more than twice. B/c that's real life. Obvious the money is low b/c Marlowe won't cut the damn lights on in certain scenes. *cough* Caskett kisses *cough*.

• Love 1
(edited)

The writers are back today. 

Here's hoping that Marlowe or Terri don't write the premiere. They royally fucked up the finale, in my opinion, and I don't trust them at this point. Give it to Terrence Paul Winter or Rob Hanning. 

Edited by Samantha84

I mentioned the photoshoot and it happens quite often with shows, they usually use the initial excuse of "we have enough photos from the over years" but a lot of longer running shows still do photoshoots because they know they still need them.

I didn't know about the @MetaV layoff - what did they do anyway?

(edited)
Someone mentioned that not doing a promo photo shoot might be a sign that the show wouldn't continue past Season 7.

That means nothing. Bones used S6 photos - with some tweaks - all the way through to S8, for both promo pics and DVD covers. Only last season was there finally a new photo shoot.

And Bones is going into its 10th season.

I think lack of photo shoots are simply a matter of logistics or saving money, not a sign of the end.

Edited by WendyR72

I think lack of photo shoots are simply a matter of logistics or saving money, not a sign of the end.

I don't think it is a definite sign of the end but it is something to look out for. It's happened with a few shows I watch, so it's part of my tick list.

According to MetaV, Castle was not the show she was referring to

Has this person left Castle then?

I don't know how to quote a tweet, but Chad Creasy just tweeted "I know something you don't know" #castle season 7.

I was so tempted to reply #itbetterfixthatcrapfinale !

I hope they don't think what we don't know is that Castle is really alive.

If the writers are back, that means they are all in one place.   Maybe someone (clearly not Marlowe) can give them a good talking to about not fucking up the show anymore.

They could just read this thread.   Although it would have been better if they had read the TWoP thread.

• Love 1
If the writers are back, that means they are all in one place.   Maybe someone (clearly not Marlowe) can give them a good talking to about not fucking up the show anymore.

That may not be necessarily true. I have read of some writers working remotely and interacting via the 'net. But for Castle, it would be great if everyone can up their game, whether they are all together physically or not.

But it just goes to show you it's not about the budget available because Still is one of the most popular episodes with the fans and considering they seem to waste so much on expensive wedding dresses and other items I'm not sure I have much sympathy.

It's so silly to spend big money on wardrobe. Unless they are actually renting it. Or of course lying. I have a huge 'diamond' that gets doubletakes when I wear it, even though it cost me $8.99 (Canadian) at Shoppers' Drug Mart.  If you can greenscreen Paris, you can use a cheap fake ring. Saves on insurance too.

• Love 1